[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you ever have any campaigns where you and your gm had a secret
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: reversetrap.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
reversetrap.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Did you ever have any campaigns where you and your gm had a secret you kept from the rest?

Mine was that I was actualy a noble girl who hired the party to look for my missing husband to be. I was disguised as a boy swordsman who works for my house.
>>
File: Fetishstahp.jpg (13 KB, 273x185) Image search: [Google]
Fetishstahp.jpg
13 KB, 273x185
I was going to answer seriously, then I finished reading the post.

>Shit that didn't happen
>Thinly-veiled fetish thread
>>
Yeah, I've played in game where characters have secret agendas. They're only really good if the GM directs the plot to facilitate a big payoff. Otherwise, they either never come up all (in which case what was even the point?) or they just lead to a dissatisfying party wipe.

I find the big reveal is too restrictive and I trust my players to be adults and keep out of character knowledge out of the game, so when I GM I always have secrets like this shared openly with the group. Its worked out pretty well so far.
>>
>>47785993
4e game ages ago.

Party thought my character was staying out of the sun due to being a dark elf. He was actually a vampire, and the reason they were constantly waking up with one less healing surge. For about the first half of the game they thought there was some sort of magical shenanigans going on.

It was pretty great.
>>
File: 1426456756242.png (58 KB, 333x286) Image search: [Google]
1426456756242.png
58 KB, 333x286
>hey guize let's have a things that never happened/magical realm thread

And to think , we still have at least 2 more months of summer.
>>
>>47786053
/tg/ sure got cynical...

But it's summer, so it's k.
>>
>>47785993
My character had a secret for a while, before it got found out...

He had poisonous blood, volatile aswell. It functioned like a nerve gas: anyone who inhales it has to make a fort save or risk being dazed/stunned/paralyzed.

When my party found out, they didn't hang around me so much anymore when things got rough.
>>
I once did my own personal take on sir bearington with a squirrel wizard
>>
When I was the DM, back in First Edition AD&D days, we had a good group of players, on of whom was a thief. Since he could do things like find and disarm traps and unlock chests and doors, the other players trusted him to handle the income of wealth. He pocketed quite a bit of money and several items for himself while dutifully under-reporting to the rest of the party how much loot they had uncovered.
>>
>>47786186
Was this when loot = exp? What a jew, literally holding them down in levels to buy more dreidels and matzo crackers.
>>
>>47786123
But anon, every year is another year closer to when the summer stops and stays here good or bad.
>>
new Voltron rocks
>>
>>47786129
No, /k is the one with guns, anon. This is /tg, the one with dragons, and 40k, and whining about D&D
>>
File: gogogo.gif (178 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
gogogo.gif
178 KB, 160x160
No one knew my character was a lich until the end
>>
>>47785993
>WoD: Vampire
>be Tzimisce
>use basic Fleshcraft to disfigure myself to 0 Appearance
>claim to be Nosferatu
>everyone buys it
It was a little more complicated obviously, but that's the gist of it.
>>
>>47785993

Someone should post that Alpha Legion marine in Deathwatch story.
>>
>>47785993
Why do you start bait threads on /tg/?
Get a job, loser.
>>
Sort of. My DM and I have an agreement that I'll sometimes act as a "secret agent" within the party. I know a little bit about how the plot is intended to go, and I'll be tasked with more or less pushing the party in that direction or helping to adapt when the party does something different.

It's mostly just small stuff, like if the DM needs someone to make a knowledge roll for exposition, my character will take those skills if no one else does, or if there's a speficific line of questioning to get the most out of an NPC. Sometimes I might make suggestions on what the party does next or bite a plot hook. Basically, I just enforce a few invisible rails and introduce some of the DM's ideas as coming from a party member so it feels more natural to the other players.
>>
File: Ex Machina.jpg (68 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
Ex Machina.jpg
68 KB, 540x405
>>47785993

I played the ship's pilot in a sci fi game once and she was secretly a robot. I'd worked closely with my GM on it; even gave her a good backstory which put most of the creative effort on his part and set up a dozen different great ways for the reveal to happen.

Then I got killed by accidental friendly fire on the second mission because I made the mistake of leaving the ship. They found out I was a robot, stripped any useful parts, and threw me out the airlock. Even the GM was disappointed.
>>
My guy had accepted the arranged marriage to the BBEG in order for the safety of the party. They realized when we finally got free of the dark forest, free of harm, but my guy was unable to leave with them. The next campaign was them trying to find and free my guy.
>>
>>47787332
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFl1bWQURe0
>>
File: 1457319567391.jpg (99 KB, 623x850) Image search: [Google]
1457319567391.jpg
99 KB, 623x850
>>47788253

I never knew I wanted this.
>>
>>47786803
Austin?
>>
My character is a mercenary currently being employed by an organization that's funding our party of 4 adventurers to take down an evil mage syndicate. Unknown to half of our party, my character is also being employed by our monk, who's the son of the leader of the mage syndicate on a mission to take down one of the high ups in our adventurer's organization who killed his brother and get revenge on behalf of his family. In the last session, an NPC who freed us from being executed recognized the monk as being the heir to the mage syndicate so my character and his had to kill him in a split second decision to keep him from spilling the beans and exposing us, preventing us from getting to the guy who killed the monk's brother. Our other two party members were pretty suspicious but we managed to get off the hook when other shit went down that session.
>>
Currently in one myself.

Character is a really fucking ugly gnome that is actually just that ugly because he's a lich stripped of his powers after losing his phylactery and casting an amnesia spell upon himself, remaining as a mere level 5 gnome zombie wizard.

Sadly, that zombie secret vanished rather quickly as I was cut down in the very first encounter I partook in, because "lol critical failure ST" and "lol ogre warboss natural 20", getting revived by my Undead Fortitude.

Ended up telling the players after they got a bit bitchy about wanting to know it out-of-character at least that the grand scheme is me being a lich, though their characters only know so far that I am a zombie, none of them managing to win the arcana check required to realize that I must be a lich to be able to cast magic and keep my conscience while being undead.

Currently in talks with the DM to get a custom trait to allow me to get a bit creative with the undead I can raise. I also get to always use a physical skeletal hand as my familiar at all times and for all hand-related spells. Feeling almost uncomfortably snowflakey for joining the group just a few months ago, though the GM loves the character himself and none of the others are complaining yet.
>>
It feels like everyone's backstory is kept secret from everyone in the groups I'm in. The GM of the main one we do hates when players tell each other things about their character before the game. We didn't even know the class of most of the rest of the party going into it. We all use the same system and world, so the campaigns are interconnected, sort of like the MCU. Or at least, that's the easiest example to use.

I mention this because me and my GM are keeping it a secret that the PC I'm playing in our newest campaign is a npc who appeared in the campaign I run, where she showed up as a child and developed into someone I found myself wanting to play later.
>>
>>47785993
I have a socially inept player who is infatuated with the idea that his character is keeping secrets from the other party members. The first problem is that he want's to keep important information secret that the party needs to reach their objectives. The second problem is that he announces that he's keeping stuff secret OOC after I've communicated it, so he's forcing all the other players to wall off info between player knowledge and character knowledge.
The other players hate this bullshit and repeatedly tell him how unproductive it is to actually playing the game. Despite this, the secret-obsessed sperg persists.
He then makes a big deal about how he's going to tell the info to his one friend in the group - apparently thinking that his friend will share his retarded information hoarding fetish. By this time everyone's just tired of the shit and we all know that the friend will share the information, so we just skip the whole bit and move on, as if the original character had never tried to keep it secret in the first place.
>>
>>47788362
No, sorry.
>>
>>47786658
>>47785993
Funnily enough I'm getting my Alpha on right now, playing covert keep away with warp artefacts.

They've only went and made me squad leader not to mention the Space Wolf is making a great job of making himself look suspicious.
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 600x487
I'm dealing with this right now.

The DM pulled me aside for a surprise one-on-one discussion with an evil entity. The party OOC knows something happened that my character wasn't happy with, but they haven't gotten the chance IC to ask. Their suspicion is leaking everywhere though.

It's really difficult to not spill the beans, especially since I haven't made up my mind on the encounter.
>>
>>47786053
>>47786123
>literally one of the most common medieval/fantasy tropes
>magical realm

Lord knows how triggered you faggots will get when you read some actual books.
>>
>>47785993
I've always wanted to play a proper spy, complete with a cover story. So I join pretending to be a regular trader, and just claim I picked an NPC class, or just didn't roll well or invest my points well. I'm charismatic, though, and "get lucky" with my crossbow/pistol/whatever. Occasionally, I run off to sell my wares on the market or buy new shit. Which I actually do, of course, but while I'm doing so I'm gathering intel and stuff.

And gradually I'd let them in on the secret. If they can be trusted.
>>
I played in a dungeonworld game that went to a Cyberpunk-like future, the DM brought in two new people, one that he let play the edge-lordiest assassin that I've seen in a while and it turned out later was working for the BBEG. he made it a point to hand out stuff like cellphones or bracelets or some other BS that he said was valuable He mentioned off hand that he was great with explosives in one conversation so I started collecting up his shit and throwing it into a bag on my motorcycle cause it wasn't hard to see he was going to betray us.

Of course he tries to do so when we are about to take over a force of nature, a walking mountain, and send it stomping through the BBEG's headquarters.
Declares that we all take explosive damage from the stuff he's given us.
I tell him we don't.
Shows me how we do in his special abilities.
I show him how all of his stuff is in my motorcycle's bag which we are no where near.
"And now you owe me a new bike"

DM still fiats it to where we still took damage because "He slipped something small into our pockets last time we rested."

Fuck you John, and Fuck you Micheal, you killed a really good game with that bullshit.
>>
>>47786053
Its almost mulan, kys pls
>>
>>47786186
>trusting a literal thief
what the fuck were they thinking
>>
I came into the game late and join the party.
The thing was, the character i'm playing was one of the bosses that the party has slayed but not killed.
Apparently the party are not a bunch of murder hobos, healed the guy and left him to recover.
I'm playing him as a half orc who has never known kindness and now respect the party.
>>
>>47792329

Lately, there have been plenty of actual magical realm threads going on. This isn't one of them.

I wonder if >>47786053 and >>47786123 are the kinds of guys who think it's magical realm the second sex or gender ever come up in a story.
>>
>>47785993
I have a standing deal with a friend of mine who DMs that if he ever runs an AdEva game I'm going to be a Tabris analogue.
>>
>>47786053
Go fuck yourself.
Reverse-Trap is wholesome, and well accepted in most media.
>>
The party came to a canyon where the villagers used to fish. There were drawings on the walls of people fishing and landing large fish. One of the party looked closer and discovered the drawings were of fish catching people! The fish people attacked then, and I had one of them with a weapon that could stun, as a homage to tools scientists use to stun fish. When struck by this weapon, a person appeared to be dead for one round, but then got up again as normal.

I had the BBEF attack the character of the sassiest PC. I reported that the character was at -7 hp, etc, let the player bitch for a moment. then I told her over roll20 that she wasn't really dead and to play along. the whole rest of the party were in shocked silence. the next round she got back up, grabbed the weapon out of her and threw it aside like a badass. they were completely fooled.
>>
File: dragonslay-cc01.jpg (55 KB, 598x478) Image search: [Google]
dragonslay-cc01.jpg
55 KB, 598x478
>>47794541

Is it really a trap if it's not meant to bait the viewer into accidentally finding someone hot when they aren't the viewer's preferred gender?
>>
>>47785993
Had a one off where all the players had randomly selected characters, each with their own ideal endgame. They had amnesia to start so, they had to work together until they could uncover their purpose nad then it remained up to them to decide if their memories and the presented evidence could be trusted. The party was made up of two good, a neutral, and two evil, or close enough to that ratio.

Only one of the evils found their clue and managed to convince the party to self TPK by a combination of murdering each other and then letting the timed TPK get them.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 736x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 736x285
Yes. My gnome rogue had a magic bowl of endless soup. I would act out eating from my soup bowl whenever I had the chance. Making random slurping noises while The other players were working together, talking with NPCs, getting into fights. Anyway, one of the players got upset that I wouldn't tell them why I was always eating from this bowl and rightfully took it from me and threw it off a cliff shattering it into a thousand pieces. Foolish of him to destroy it as the party ended up dying from starvation on a long journey over seas. If only we had my bowl of endless soup..
>>
>>47786123
There is far worse posted throughout the year, anon. Just learn to ignore what you dislike.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.