[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FIELD KIT INSPECTION! ("Holy Shit People Actually Kept Up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: Penalregiment.jpg (139 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Penalregiment.jpg
139 KB, 800x600
Ugh, I hate warp jumps, feels like we were in there for months...I'm assuming that's mining colony XQ-P113, yes?
I thought it was meant to be a Jungle planet, looks pretty barren to me.

In any case, time for a pre-deployment Field Kit Inspection!
>>
Shall I call the men sir?
>>
>>47769289
Yes call the men, idiot! Who else does Field Kit Inspections? The bloody Navy?! These ship-rats wouldn't know one end of a foldable trench-shovel from the other!

And while you're at it, get that Tau out of the air vents, I can smell it from a mile off!
>>
>>47769208
Holy shit... welcome back... we kind of kept your legacy running and even made a steam group.
>>
>>47769208
Y-You came back. I have no words. But the words, if I did have them, would be happy ones.
>>
>>47769208
Might as well say it, if you're interested to see what the regiment has become, here's a link to the last thread we had yesterday: >>47755512

We kind of organized ourselves to run the game on Mondays and... well... as you can see it's still a clusterfuck. Since you've been gone we've been through a lot of madness and organizing, including but not limited to:
-Creating a steam group and a thread day as well as start hour.
-Consider a board change to /qst/ that ultimately did not succeed.
-Go to Cadia to kill self-replicating nids.
-Kill a sorcerer and befriend a necronlord.
-Enter the inquisition (Hence Inquisitorial Penal Regiment)
-Fight Xenos
-Befriend other Xenos
-Have a lot of Xenos infiltrate the regiment.
-Kill heretics.
-Have at least 1 heretic infiltrate the regiment.
-Blow up a transport ship.
-Almost blow up another transport ship
And so much more...
>>
>>47769360
>>47769398

University chewed me up a bit, its been pretty rough, but alas, I return and the random comedic and sporadic threads return with me! \o/
>>
>>47769420
You've been busy! There's no reason why we can't run the two separately. Field Kit Inspection was never intended to have any sort of storyline, I just made one whenever I got bored and people ran with it. I'm not sure I could regulate myself to a schedule!
>>
>>47769439
Just saying that if it's monday and you're bored, you're free to join the fun, this is all for you.
>>
>>47769462
I'll keep that in mind!
>>
>>47769486
Alright here comes the real question now... Should we place this in different continuities now or we're free to use the characters from Inquisitorial Penal Regiment here too?
>>
>>47769507
Whatever the hell you want, man, I'm easy.
>>
>>47769314
H-holy Terra is that who I think he is? Wasn't he banished or something?
>>
>>47769555

What? What are you on about, idiot?! We've only been in warp transit for two weeks!
And who promoted you anyway? It wasn't me that's for damn sure. You look ridiculous in that uniform, go put your Penal overalls back on! The orange ones!
>>
>>47769577
Sir. corporal Eisen, sir, radio operator, I was moved here after my planet was well... Tyranids happenned but... that was many months ago...
>>
>>47769577
Excuse me sir! Before I burn the vents, I am happy to inform you that "the box has been emptied".
>>
>>47769555
>Is standing at attention.
>Is also a Praetorian, thus every piece of kit is spotless and adhering to regulations.
Corporal Richter sir! Sent to teach the incompetents to be less incompetent, so that they do not waste too much of your ammo sir!
The Administratum says they're having to issue too much.
>>
>>47769599
I....I managed to get the name wrong in the speaky bit.....first post. New record boys. Why bother living? That was -supposed- to be Corporal Cromwell
>>
>>47769587
Oh boo-hoo! Son, I've been stuck leading this sorry bunch of moaning vaginas for several years now, do you know what they all share in common?

They make my life utter misery! I almost got into the Sabbat Worlds crusade! ALMOST!
Then the Mars incident and...I mean, that Xenos technology was just resting in my account...

>>47769588
You're going to use a flamethrower on a space-faring craft? Are you completely insane or secretly here to end my pathetic existence?
Go get a broom!
>>
>>47769616
What I mean is...

Do the inquisitors even know you're here?
>>
>>47769599
Grab a broom, maybe you can show Trooper Incompetent over there the textbook Guardsman's Primer way to get rid of ceiling vent Tau!
>>
>>47769616
Yes, sir! I shall burn the filthy aliens with a broom!
>>
>>47769627
What Inquisitors? This is a Penal Regiment, son!
>>
>>47769652
Yes well Inquisitor Verasii took over the regiment whilst you were uhm... absent.

Apparently we had run into daemons and she had two options: Execute us all or recruit us all.

I still don't know why she took the second but... here we are.
>>
>>47769646
Sir, yes sir!
>Marches off to the broom closet.
>Returns with a broom and starts shoving it into the vent.
I will end you Tau, why do you bother to keep living?
>>
>>47769658
I'll just... go see if the astropath can reach her and inform her of your return, it is great news...

I have to go now, will return in a while, a pleasure to see you're back.
>>
just saying that this could easily be fluffed as the part of the regiment that didn't get drawn into the big =][= and avoid any kind of conflict between the two threads.
>>
>>47769709
You know what? That's a good idea, actually. I'll just have it that Eisen got into the wrong part of the ship and got confused to see all different. Maybe I'll keep him around here as a communication link between both groups though, as he is a radio operator, just in case should the need arise. Now I must be going.
>>
Don't you die on me
>>
>>47769208
Holy peaked hats of the munitorum batman! Its damned good to see you again. How you wanna work things now that youre back?
>>
>Vox frequencys start to emit static
>A deep fluxuating voice starts
"And we're back after a short hibernation! Welcome back to the show, you all know who I am!"
>DJ Pete radio jingle plays
>Ruffles some paper
"Good news penal regiment, your lord and savior Commissar Gaurun has returned from......his bedroom....I guess."
>Away from mic
"Hasn't it been like a year?"
>A voice away from the mic
"hmmhmhmhmhmh"
>DJ Pete continues
"Well wherever he went and who with, just make sure buttons are polished and las riffles properly maintained because this fella has reputation to make heads go pop"
>Vox goes to static followed by DJ Pete's first tune of the day/night/space doesn't have time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VopgyAc-F9U
>>
>>47769208
>a short message is delivered over the vox
COMMISSAR!

IT IS AN HONOR AND A PRIVILEGE TO WITNESS YOUR RETURN AFTER YOU HEROICALLY RECOVERED OF YOUR KNEE VARSITY

EXPECT IMMINENT DYNAMIC ENTRY
>>
>is arguing with someone
What in the Emperor's golden ass plates do you mean "he found someone more suitable"?! I'M ONE OF THE BEST THERE THRONEDAMN IS YOU LITTLE MILKSOP!

OH AND WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO IF I DON'T WATCH MY TONE HUH? PUT ME IN ANOTHER PENAL REGIMENT?!

FINE! I'LL GO BACK WHERE I CAME FROM! FUCK YOU TOO, DON'T COME CRYING TO ME WHEN HE ENDS UP A FAILURE!
>slams vox shut

Thronedamn, but I'm immature when I'm pissed off...

Guess I'll just have to unload again...
>>
It's an honor Lord Commissar.

The regiment is in good shape. The trenches have trenches and all the heavy weapons and vehicles have been buried to avoid detection. There are mines in the entire perimeter, including the toilets, just in case some enemy tries to infiltrate us.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.