[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm calling upon your crativity, /tg/. One of my friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
I'm calling upon your crativity, /tg/.

One of my friends is currently attempting to homebrew the fuck out of a monster campaign and has given us a couple of pages worth of example standard D&D-ish "enemies" to play as.

I'm torn between the idea of playing as an angel (with added backstory that he/she fell from their city in the sky, doesn't remember why because of the force of the trauma and can't fly because of reasons, all of which seems cliche as fuck, but safe) or being an actual monster and playing as what is basically a Beholder. The latter appeals to me more the more I think about it, but I can't come up with a good background and goals for him, as my friend gave us no details about their possible society, how they are born, what do the eat, etc., and would probably ask me to invent such details myself if I asked him.

What do you think?

Pic only somewhat related, as I want to take this somewhat seriously.
>>
so play the beholder of course

start with basic beholder outlook: yours is the superior race - if only you could find others of your own magnificence ... the other party members will have to suffice as your unwitting servants while you search, despite their incompetence

or subvert: alone of all beholders, you are self-loathing, a feeling only confirmed by the contempt of every other beholder you have ever encountered - there must be some way to transform yourself into a creature worthy of the envy of all others
>>
>Not playing as a hobgoblin captain with the intention of rising to the top to become a warlord
It's like you don't want to wipe out the elves in the name of Maglubiyet.
>>
>>47769172
This.
>>
File: 1465133798941.jpg (174 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465133798941.jpg
174 KB, 800x800
>>
File: 114711_CN_GL.jpg (46 KB, 464x600) Image search: [Google]
114711_CN_GL.jpg
46 KB, 464x600
>>47768295
So are beholders natural dicks in actual D&D?
>>
>>47772263
>So are beholders natural dicks in actual D&D?
Yes.
>>
>>47772263
and how
>>
File: SweatingBeholder.png (240 KB, 600x527) Image search: [Google]
SweatingBeholder.png
240 KB, 600x527
>>47771056
>>
>>47772263

They are basically born with a massive case of megalomania and a complete lack of empathy for other creatures. Then they generally get worse as they grow up.

So yeah, Beholders are serious dicks, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>47772263
Beholders as a species are ALL insane. They are murderous narcissists who will destroy anything not in their own image.
>>
>>47772718
When they are born they believe they are the first born Beholder... all logic aside on this topic.
if another creature does not look like its self it will want to destroy it .
>>
>>47773331
Parthenogenesis then, I assume? They lay eggs, like packs of fry or something?
>>
File: paranoia beholder 5.jpg (414 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
paranoia beholder 5.jpg
414 KB, 800x800
>>47772263
Beholders have two minds that are always at odds with each other and they are narcissistic xenophobes who hate everything that doesn't look exactly like them (note that no two beholders look exactly alike). They excrete waste through their mouths (that nasty drool they always have) and all their senses besides sight are dull. They're gigantic assholes and they hate everything more than everything hates them.
>>
>>47774074
No.

When the time comes to reproduce, a sack of spores in the back of the beholder's throat begins to develop into beholder babbies. They eat ravenously to fuel the growth of the embryos up until the point that the sack becomes so swollen that they can't even close their mouths. Eventually they have to bite it off (painfully) and the only reason they don't immediately kill the offspring is that they're too exhausted by it all to bother. The beholder babies get their bearings, hanging around just long enough to figure out that fleeing would be a good idea before their parent decides to eat them, especially because it's going to be very hungry. They go off out into the world to establish their own territories and eventually vomit up cancer-babies of their own.
>>
>>47774408
>you now realise /pol/ is actually all beholders
>>
>>47775679
>you now realise beholders are beholders
>>
>>47768228
Awakened gibbering mouther
>>
>>47768228
Do you want to be a team player? Then you either need to rewrite beholders or play something else.

Assuming rewrite. We need to start with a race that does not have hands and levitates as a main transport. Conclusion is that the race is innately magic and has at the very least telekinesis.

Are you interested inĀ“the eye-beam bit of beholders?
>>
File: Mind-Flayer.png (992 KB, 992x846) Image search: [Google]
Mind-Flayer.png
992 KB, 992x846
>>47768228
Play an Illithid. The strongest most buff Illithid on the planet. You can already learn stuff by eating nerds so why not use that free time to get swole and cherp on hot squid bitties.
>>
>>47772263
The only way they can stay in the same room without killing each other is by hitting each other with their charm rays.
>>
>>47776074
>Illithid jock who eats nerds to gain their power
That is an amazing character concept.
>>
If you want actual background on beholders, you should read Lords of Madness. A great book.
>>
>>47776074
stealing this.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.