[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1451630813351.jpg (166 KB, 1196x668) Image search: [Google]
1451630813351.jpg
166 KB, 1196x668
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How noble is your character?

When asking about build advice, remember to be sure to mention whether or not third party material (3pp) is allowed!

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread: >>47747725
>>
What's a good prestige class for a summoner? Anything that advances my summon monster? Seems like Summoner is a bad class to PrC with.
>>
>>47759717
Unfortunately most things are bad to PrC with
>>
>>47759708
>How noble is your character?
Well, he's a knight who recently discovered he's actually of noble birth, so pretty noble in terms of blood.

In terms of character? He tries.
>>
>>47759722
Being a wizard/sorcerer is fine as long as the PrC has full casting progression. Bloatmage in particular is pretty good.
>>
>>47759708
Last surviving bastard of a noble family that went missing turned King.
And a paragon of virtue.

Noble as fuck.
>>
>>47759708
A noble knight defending a young noblewoman? I see what you did there!
>>
>>47759708
>>47759767
Burn the witch! Or Drown Her, Whichever!
>>
>>47759132
>secondary nat attacks
I'm really unclear on most of pathfinder combat at the moment, I'm gonna be using a GS, would I be able to slash and bite in one attack, or something?
>>
>>47759708
Ladyknight, second daughter of a family of arcane spellcasters, and on her way to potentially becoming a Linnorm King, once the Irriseni invasion is repelled.
>>
>>47759693
So illusion spell boosters will work, as well as anything for summoned creatures (well, creature singular)? Cheers anon
>>
>>47759708
Nobleborn son turned radical communist terrorist.
>>
How do I build an Eldritch Archer?

Is it possible to make it work with guns or should I stick to archery? What's the best way to get dex to damage with firearms as an Eld archer?

Any spell recommendations that differ from standard magus choices? I understand snowball takes over shocking grasp as basic dpr spell. Would taking the arcana to get touch spells to work at range be worth it?

Can I still go the intimidate/entagle route with enforcer and rime spell? Does hexcrafter mesh well with it?

Other advice is super welcome. I'm rather lost at this.
>>
>>47759708
>How noble?

By birth? Not at all. Daughter of a random adventurer who got charmed by a hag coven. Was later left to replace the child of some slavers after her biological mother decided to have a snack. Grew up to consider elves as property.

In attitude? She strives to keep up with fashion and courtly intrigue, to appear as a proper young lady, innocent and sweet. All the easier to twist the hearts of men when they consider you too naive for such, stealing their souls and perhaps teaching their wives and daughters of the pleasures to be shared between women.

LE Cleric of Ardad Lili / Negotiator Bard gestalt in an evil game. Much fun.
>>
>>47759842
2 levels of Eldritch Archer/X Spellslinger

Get named bullet eventually.
>>

Defending the last Princess of a country recently conquered by a foreign Empire. Pretty noble if you ask me.
>>
What would you guys make your players roll to remember something their character might have forgotten about, to recognize something/someone etc.?

A specific skill? An int check? I've always asked my players to roll a die and add their int, but it seems unfair to not add any other bonuses.
>>
>>47759931
It's probably an int check. If it feels unfair, just make the DCs lower
>>
>>47759931
A knowledge check, because that is what a knowledge check is.

If you're asking if I roll to give players hints, no. That would be stupid.
>>
>>47759804
Yeah but the bite would be -5 to hit because secondary.
>>
>>47759708

Literally an angel. Can you get more noble than that??
>>
>>47759931
Probably an int check, might be a relevant knowledge check depending on specifics. If it's, say, recognizing a baron they've seen before but ALSO might recognize because of his heraldry, then a knowledge(nobility) check would be appropriate, probably with a lower DC than if it were someone they haven't actually met before.
>>
>>47759975
Yes, very easily. Angels are 0/10 noble by default.
>>
>>47759708

Well, let me check.
>Picked up by adventurers who didn't want to abandon the orphan kid
>raised mainly by a wizard halfling and an elf magus
>is an emotional teenager covered in magic tattoos, and with volatile arcane magic in his blood
>has never attended a single dinner party, but managed to sit still for a play. once.
>his only clothing is several pairs of pants and a sleeves of many garments pre-errata

I'd say he's probably the opposite.
>>
>>47759708
Depends on how big the threat to the greater good is or if he likely to get paid. So neutral.
>>
File: Voodedoo.jpg (117 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
Voodedoo.jpg
117 KB, 1300x866
I'm playing a necromancer, and I really want to start using juju fetishes to support my living party members with my healing And buff abilities without being in the horrible rape radius of stuff. So Ganji Dolls would help me with that now that I have Craft wondrous, but the time limit is annoying.
"..all juju fetishes last for 1 week plus a number of days equal to the creator’s caster level. "

Reading more made me think, since it says:
"Most Jujus are ensorcelled pouches about half the size of a human hand, made of skin or leather and containing bones, vegetable matter, stones, spices, broken pottery, hair, blood, grave dirt, and other."

Could I use ungent of timelessness on these, since they are Plant/animal/dead stuff. Or would you strangle me if you were my DM if I tried?
>>
>>47759708
Not at all anymore.
He was a knight for a good long while, but renounced his knighthood so he could go commit warcrimes against an enemy nation (assassinating all of the nations leaders to put a stop to the war immediately) without his homeland being blamed for it. Now he lives in exile of his own volition.
>>
>>47760034
Sure, why not. The stuff isn't free. Might not have the full effect, though.
>>
>>47760062
That sounds kinda noble though, putting his country above his life.
>>
>>47760080
I meant in literal terms, he is no longer a member of the nobility.
>>
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mhpi&page=8?The-DPR-Summer-Olympics-or-What-are-we#355

Why'd this get deleted?
>>
>>47760117
If it's still there it's not deleted. If it's deleted we can't see it and can't tell you why.
>>
>>47760117

It wasn't as exhaustive as I had hoped, wish they would post more DSP stuff so we can get some hard number comparisons.

The Mystic is pretty on par with CRB classes though so that's nice.
>>
>>47760152
It got deleted from the last thread.

This was the full post, with some archer elf image:

For PoWfags;

Apparently the DPR thread has been doing breakdowns on PoW damage at their level 10 benchmark. You might (not) be surprised to find out that they still fall behind dedicated Archer builds, some odd Monk builds, and of course Druids and Summoners.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mhpi&page=8?The-DPR-Summer-Olympics-or-What-are-we#355

But still do respectable DPR that's maybe just a little above what an optimized archer Fighter would at that level.
>>
>>47759708
As noble as a tv repairman.
>>
Is unchained rogue worth playing or is it still as useless lategame as regular rogue?
>>
Keen weapon or Improved Critical?

Help a newbie decide /pfg/
>>
>>47760183
>still fall behind <list of examples>
Have you SEEN the "IT'S OP DON'T USE IT" around here? Imagine on paizo forums?

And you still wonder why it got deleted if it did?
>>
>>47760216
It's still a martial.
>>
>>47760222
Keen weapon, it's better to crit more often than occasionally overkill with a massive crit.
>>
>>47760222
Depends. There are a few spells and effects that work with Improved Critical but do not with the Keen (Such as the Eaglesoul spell) magical property.
>>
>>47760251
They do the exact same thing you stupid cuckold, he's asking whether he should spend a feat or gold to get it
>>
>>47759708
I dislike this picture because it fails to really show that the knight is protecting her and not just like covering her up because she's baring her shoulders. Those few small smears of color don't do enough to say "angry crowd throwing shit" and not putting detail into the crowd's faces make it to where it could be celebratory crowd cheering as much as an angry one throwing shit.
>>
>>47760090
You're still a true patriot.
>>
>>47760288
Uh, you DO realize that bare shoulders in that weather would quickly lead to some serious sunburn?
>>
>>47760288
ok
>>
>>47760288
>retard has never had sunburn
>retard cannot see all the stuff being thrown
>retard is whining about autistic shit
As per usual
>>
So at level 1 as a half orc I can have:

>18 int base
>+2 int from racial
>+3 from aging
>+2 effective from scarred witch doctor

Is there any way to cheese out a bit more? to get to effective 26int at level 1?
>>
File: howIbard.jpg (36 KB, 277x480) Image search: [Google]
howIbard.jpg
36 KB, 277x480
>>47759708

Bard:
>Son, and former heir of a fairly influential noble family.
>Dresses in only the finest of clothes, and wields a proper weapon, made of good Taldan steel.
>Has a manservant who walks before him, and announces his arrival whenever he walks into a room. Including in dungeons. This had gotten his last 3 man servants killed
>Routinely spends 5-10% of his adventuring earnings on the best inns, food, jewelry, whores, and drugs he can find.
>Prone to violent outbursts, where he beats enemies to death with his bare hands
>Hasn't shown up to work while sober at any point in the last three years
>Has an uncountable number of bastard children, including several with Hags, Fey, and Outsiders (both good and evil)
>Backhanded a ghost for interrupting him
>Worships the deific personification of Entropy, Madness, and Oblivion.
>Believes that because oblivion is inevitable, life is meaningless, and so doing what you want is the only rational way to live.
>Has begun spreading this belief among other young and impressionable nobles, in the hopes that they'll follow in his footsteps.
>Working to destroy his former nation, just to get petty vengeance on the sister who got him cut out of the family's will.
>>
>>47760366
commit suicide for reincarnation into another +2 int
>>
My character is not noble, but is disciplined and has a good heart, even if he's a blowhard that won't stop boasting for three seconds.
>>
>>47760383
Reincarnate is next to impossible to afford at level 1 unless I take two traits, and reincarnate only gives physical ability scores to my knowledge.
>>
>>47760401
aasimar, base 18, racial heritage orc, +2 int heritage, SWD +2 int, get +2 int off the table of aasimar features
>>
>>47759821
Oh, and another question, would the Enrapturing Performance ability make the shaddow puppet only 'real' to one target, allowing it to mess up spellcasters or so such whilst their allies just see them being attacked by a shaddow puppet?
>>
>>47760288
Do they need to be throwing stuff though? Her face makes it clear she doesn't like being out and the cloak held at the back shows he's not covering her from the sun (look where the sun's coming from). He's not necessarily protecting her from thrown objects (though the blurs imply it) but more from the gaze of people who hate her.
>>
>>47760413
>SWD
SWD?
>>
>>47760443
scarred
witch
doctor
>>
>>47760449
I am a silly billy, thank you.
>>
Let us say the following occurs:

>you are traveling
>while traveling you encounter an individual of a traditionally evil race (orc, giant, goblin)
>they are making camp at the side of the road, and simply want to be left alone
>your paladin informs you that they detect as evil

Are you justified in attempting to murder them if the only information you have?
>>
>>47760499
no
>>
Nobody interested in starfinder?
>>
>>47759708
Noble enough to get him in the bed of noblewomen, bard life
>>
Learning to DM, do y'all have a favorite source for pre-planned dungeons just so I can get the feel down before making my own?
>>
>>47760537
Play video games, draw inspiration from them.
>>
>>47760523
Not much to talk about yet. It's set in the future of Golarion, it's compatible with Pathfinder, and that's about all we know.
>>
>>47760499
A dead evil is a lesser evil, so yes.
>>
>>47760537
Iron Gods AP should give you everything you need anon.
:^)
>>
>>47760561
Detect Evil also detects evil intent. So they might just be feeling dickish but not actually going to do anything bad.
>>
>>47760523
They better fucking not be. RIFTS was bad enough the first time around.
>>
>>47760358
>an image being poorly executed is autistic
Homie, you're killing your vocabulary by throwing that word at everything you disagree with.
>>
I have a few dumb questions

1. Is rise of the runelords any good

2. What levels/# of players is it for? Haven't seen anything in book but i just started looking.
>>
>>47760611
Rise of the Runelords is an adventure path so it goes from level 1-18 believe. It is designed for 4-5 players.

It's ok, but not my favorite adventure path personally.
>>
>>47760641
I just wanted something with encounters and maps basically, i'll happily tinker with the story

Thanks friend.
>>
>>47760499
No. They're not about to hurt anyone right now and even though they're technically evil, they might prefer to avoid all other sentient beings as a general rule and thus be unlikely to actually cause any evil of note in the future as well. Finally, things might not be as they appear. They might just be an unfortunate person carrying a cursed item that makes them appear to be of the race in question and detect as evil, for example. Remember that Detect Evil is a 1st level spell. It's far from impossible to fool.
>>
>>47760661
>technically evil
How so? Unless you're an [evil] outsider, you're evil because of your actions, not your species.
>>
>>47760690
Being evil doesn't mean you're going to act on it.

A hermit living alone in the wilderness can be evil despite never coming into contact with or harming anyone, is it justified to kill him?
>>
>>47760690
As in, evil because of their past actions and because of their general tendencies, not because of any harm they're likely to cause.
>>
>>47760711
>A hermit living alone in the wilderness can be evil despite never coming into contact with or harming anyone
Then what the hell did he do that was evil?
>As in, evil because of their past actions and because of their general tendencies
Not really a technicality then. What else would define evil other than that?

Note I'm not for killing things just because they're evil, but saying 'oh, you can be a totally reasonable, peaceful and caring guy but be totally evil' is just plain wrong.
>>
>>47760742
Evil isn't just previous actions, but how you act and think as well.

The hermit could be a cantankerous, vicious old bastard, but since he lives up in the mountains where nobody goes, it doesn't come up.
>>
>>47760765
This. You can be evil because, given the chance, you'd kick a puppy. But if you live in bumfuck nopupistan, it's not really relevant.
>>
>>47760765
You're not evil/good based purely on thoughts. Actions have to be involved as well. Same as someone who has good intentions but never actually does anything good isn't good. A misanthropic bastard who never does anything bad is neutral.
>>
>>47760742
>Note I'm not for killing things just because they're evil, but saying 'oh, you can be a totally reasonable, peaceful and caring guy but be totally evil' is just plain wrong.
I'm not saying anything about being reasonable, peaceful or caring. But if he genuinely just wants everyone else to stay the hell away from him, he can be malicious and evil without actually causing much harm to anyone unless they deliberately provoke him.
>>
>>47760846
And that doesn't work. You can't have a good character who never does anything good, same as you can't have an evil character who never does anything evil.

Or is it reasonable to have a paladin who never helps anyone, but totally loves everyone?
>>
>>47760835
Eh. Debatable.

Even by your measure though, what if he DID do evil things to people, then said fuck it and went to live in the mountains?

Even if he's evil, he isn't going to cause any harm because he's doing his best to stay as far the fuck away from everyone because he hates them.

Also, thoughts are, in a sense, actions.

A peasant who just does normal peasant things, but whose every thought is of brutally murdering everyone he knows is hella evil.
>>
>>47760862
Ah, so does any evil action whatsoever warrant a death sentence, then?
>>
>>47760867
If he did evil things then went off to the mountains, yes he'd be evil. What's the question?
>A peasant who just does normal peasant things, but whose every thought is of brutally murdering everyone he knows is hella evil.
Is an edgy teen who goes on about how much he wants to kill everyone Evil, or just pathetic? Think American Psycho. Main character's no real psychopath, just a bloke.
>>47760890
Yeah, sure. Tell me where I said anything like that please.
>>
>>47760862
>You can't have a good character who never does anything good, same as you can't have an evil character who never does anything evil.

You totally can, if they just never have the chance to do evil. You're mixing up philosophical morality with the d&d cosmological Good-Evil axis.
>>
>>47760920
There we go, then. He can be evil without the paladin being justified in stomping into his camp and murdering him.
>>
>>47760835
Paizo Detect Evil explicitly detects evil intent, even on otherwise Good people.

Yeah, it's fucking stupid.

But there you go.
>>
>>47760890
no, as one could be evil through a long history of very minor acts that are worth fines and other penalties.

Just as one need not burn every orphanage they see because they're evil, one need not suffer the death penalty for every bit of evil either.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (55 KB, 550x299) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
55 KB, 550x299
hey /pfg/
i am making a custom race and i would like for them to have echolocation instead of darkvision. they still have normal vision. do you think that echolocation is equal to darkvision in power?

rules:
* 60 feet range
* can see objects that sound bounces off (invisible creatures)
* cannot see/sees through objects that sound does not bounce off (fog/gasses/ghosts/light/illusions/etc)
* cannot see through some transparent objects (glass/water surface/ wall of force)
* does not work in silence
* does not work if deaf
* does not work in vacuum
>>
>>47760922
>You're mixing up philosophical morality with the d&d cosmological Good-Evil axis.
I'm really not. If you want an explicit citation, Fiendish Codex 2 says so. Sure it's 3.5, but I haven't seen anything to the contrary in the copy-past Pathfinder did.
>>47760938
Yeah, characters with active intent to do evil show up as evil. The fact that the spell description makes a distinction between the two doesn't go against anything I said though.
>>
>>47760967
>Can't read unless raised letters
Yeah, should be fine
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (353 KB, 853x470) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
353 KB, 853x470
I need backstory nuggets for a nobleman.

I need them, please.
>>
>>47760967
You know that echolocation is a monster special ability and has rules already created for it, right?
>>
>>47761002
King wanted to unjustly tax people under him.
Noble stood up against it.
King had noble stabbed through the chest.
Noble wakes up in a ditch, seemingly no worse for wear and no scar where he was stabbed.
Noble is on a quest to right wrongs and figure out what happened to him.
>>
File: Asuka watching Ritsuko jill off.png (369 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
Asuka watching Ritsuko jill off.png
369 KB, 720x400
Things I'd like to do:
>Create a base class that relies upon two bloodlines as the basis for tis abilities, plus two something elses to make it more unique
>Crunch out monster stats for the +8 creatures I've devised fluff for
>Stat out a mushroom race
>State out a semi-amphibious small race
>Fight the pterosaurs and win all the sexy ladies
>Flesh out 2 deities, complete with servitors, devotions, the works
>Get all of it published together

Very daunting, what with this novel I'm writing and the pterosaurs always attacking.
>>
• Name: Edward, Cavalier of the Hammer
• Role(s): Instigator, Dueler, Nationalist Rabble-rouser
• Goals: Become the most powerful warrior in the land, lead a nationalist revolution and overthrow the nobility
• Traits: Opinionated, Nationalist, Energetic, Confident, Strong
• Flaws: Overconfident, Stubborn, Unforgiving
• Allies: The Party
• Enemies: Anyone who challenges him or the party, the Nobility
• Other Relations: Aldrich, Cavalier of the Hammer trained him
• Physical Description: 26 year old human, young but not very attractive, Brown unkempt hair, but cleanly shaven. 5'11". Almost always wearing his armor.

Reminder that nobles need to be guillotined
>>
>>47761002
Encouraged by parents to have sex with prostitutes and courtesans to the point that they becomes friends with them and no longer enjoys sex. Spends time at the whorehouses to hang out with the workers there and make sure they are treated well.
>>
>>47761050
BEHEAD THE NOBLES
CLASS WAR NOW
>>
>>47759708

fat one-legged mall security agent who shouldn't have read this book a customer lost.

Currently still alive but I'm impressed by how much surviving in Cthulhu is harder if your char can't run properly.
>>
So if I choose to play an low str character that plans to convert damage from a different stat like an agile or guided weapon, how painful will the experience be assuming its from level 1?

I'm interested in the sacred priest warpriest or maybe a natural attack alchemist or maybe even a dervish dance magus with 8 maybe 10 str until they get their agile/guided AoMF/weapon.

Is it playable or do I end up as a completely worthless member of the team until I get my item? Obviously Item crafting will be taken into account to ensure that I get it at the earliest opportunity.
>>
>>47759708
Taldan peasant but that still probably makes him a noble scion compared to the foreigners he travels with.
>>
File: quant-by-college-major-gender.png (59 KB, 742x645) Image search: [Google]
quant-by-college-major-gender.png
59 KB, 742x645
>>47760978
oh yeah forgot that, thnx anon

>>47761005
yeah but the rules are bad/not descriptive enough
>>
>>47761168
Get alchemist fire and a crossbow.
>>
>>47761002
Secretly fleeing from his political marriage to an increasingly impatient silver dragon, and instead of just disappearing he just says he's on a long trip that keeps taking detours.
>>
File: 1383892767518.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1383892767518.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>tfw will never be a dirty peasant who will stab the exhausted knight between his plates and steal his belongings.
>>
>>47761047
Just feed the novel to the pterosaurs. They'll choke on the pretentiousness.
>>
>>47761002
>Taxes are low
>Family barely looks like the merchants that pass through on occasion
>Not even two grand balls or banquets per season
>Youngest brother AND one of your sisters go hunting in the forest or you'd barely get meat once a week
>PEASANTS look like they've got barely less to live on than your family in the winter
>Life is balls - unlike what's not happening regularly at your large house. That's right. Not a castle. Not even a piddling manor. Just a big house.
Only one person has the murderhobo talent needed to bring the family the prestige that all nobles deserve. Take up your sword and murderfuck those dragons.
>>
>>47761247
Have you tried not playing Pathfinder? I think there might actually be systems for that sort of gritty realism.
>>
File: Ddubbio.jpg (36 KB, 591x336) Image search: [Google]
Ddubbio.jpg
36 KB, 591x336
Is there a spell that grants temporary use of a combat feat? I remember I had read something like that, but I can not recall its name
>>
>>47761290
There's Training weapons, which contain a combat feat the wielder can use.
>>
>>47761290
Paragon surge
>>
>>47761310
I've been wondering about this spell for a while now.

Can you use limited wish to bypass its race limit? How about putting it in infusion/potion form?
>>
File: mulan-man-out-of-you.jpg (152 KB, 1200x711) Image search: [Google]
mulan-man-out-of-you.jpg
152 KB, 1200x711
So /pfg/, how do I be a man? I'm thinking Undine MoMS for Perfect Style, getting Unfolding Flame Fist and maybe Zephyr Style. Maybe taking Moonlight Stalker and doing a Feint-based build. Thoughts?
>>
>>47761290
Brawlers can do that shit for some reason.
>>
I want to play an Investigator in this campaign my friends are starting. What stat spread should i look forward to?
We are playing with 15 PB.
Are there any downsides on dumping Cha since i think about getting student of philosophy?
>>
>>47761350
no. "Range personal (half-elf only)" mean it doesn't work unless you're a half-elf. Otherwise, Brownfur transmuter Arcanist would have a field day with it.
>>
>>47761437
15pb hurts, a lot...
Use student of philosophy.
>>
>>47761437
> 15 PB
You friends obviously want you to play a fullcaster, not gish.

Student of philosophy doesn't solve everything, you can't use Diplomacy to gather infomation or make request.
>>
>>47761437
>dumping cha and getting student of philosophy, good idea
>playing in 15 PB with anything but a fullcaster or synthesist summoner, bad idea

Empiricist if you want to totally replace cha for diplomacy, since like >>47761511 said, student of philosophy doesn't let you use it to gather information otherwise. Go as either a human or a tiefling. Int >= Dex > Con > Wis > Str >>>>> Cha.
>>
>>47761437
Beg them for at least 20PB, anon. 15PB sucks dicks.
>>
>>47761466
What about an elf brown fur transmuter in a party full of elves who feed him all the runestones of power he wants?
>>
File: 5752973c2789c585f6c51.jpg (47 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
5752973c2789c585f6c51.jpg
47 KB, 600x390
>>47761414
All of that sounds horrible. Why are you trying to feint so much? What benefit does it provide you except slightly lower AC on dodge-happy enemies?
>>
>>47761558
Still doesn't work because elves aren't half-elf.

He would be the king among the fuckboi though.
>>
>>47761598
Like I said, I'm trying to be a man.
>>
> Want to help newbie build his character
> Look at his sheet
> 7STR 7INT
> 4 martial multiclass

I gave up..
>>
>>47761649

What classes? I guess if Unchained Rogue or that Dex-to-damage feat from PoW was involved it could work.
>>
>>47761511
Empiricist fills in the rest.
15 pb is rough, but empiricist is so SAD of a skill monkey that it's not bad.

Max out int, dump charisma, spend the rest on dex, con, and str as you see fit for your combat strategy. Dex is good for a lot of fairly useful skills.

I'm looking over my old Empiricist 6 sheet now and
you'll be weak in disguise, handle animal, intimidate, perform, and survival. You'll be only passable in some of the physical skills like climb and swim.

Know your extracts and use them. Plan out your buff stacks, and try to get your party to get the drop on encounters so you have time to buff up. You won't be amazing in combat, but you'll keep up.
>>
>>47761624
Please utilize language to convey ideas. Are you saying you want to be a female monk who is pretending to be male? If so, that's primarily disguise checks, not bluff. Even then, feint bonuses won't help you pretend to be a dude.

What role are you attempting to fulfill in a party? Do you want damage? Maneuvers? Give me a sign here, guy.
>>
>>47761437
4d6b3 is approximately 18pb and they want you to drop below that?
>>
Assuming magic item rules are used

How much gold would a spaceship cost?
>>
>>47761712
it depends
>>
Swashbuckler/Mantis Zealot Warpriest/Ninja/ Red Mantis Assassin.

He need to cast Ant Haul several time a day to carry all his gear... It's kinda sad.
>>
>>47761712
Literally artifact level, or more.

It would take nations working together and decades of magical research to put a man on the moon.

Or you could just a wizard with Greater Teleport.
>>
>>47761793
Does he have any explicable reason for this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvcrIQmhZj4

How do I do this, /pfg/? For clarity, "this" is pump bitches full of illusions and bad ideas while also savagely beating them to death. See also the Eagle's Prey short film.
>>
>>47761793
muleback cords are a measly 1000gp if you don't mind using up your shoulder slot
>>
>>47761712
>>47761811
Wouldn't a simulacrum of space traveling monster work? There are several monster with starflight ability.
>>
>>47761826
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/puppetmaster-magus
This is a magus archetype that specializes in using illusion and enchantment spells in tandem.
>>
>>47761826
Literally just go Mesmerist. Use your hypnotic stare to reduce enemy will saves, and possibly perception, CMD, AC or whatever. Maybe 3 levels of unchained rogue to get dex to damage with unarmed strikes. It's also easy for Mesmerist to get feint benefits, and your Painful Stare can make an enemy take a bunch of extra damage from you once per round. You also have access to some of the most powerful illusion and enchantment spells in the game, all of which are cast psychically and thus can be cast while grappled or even paralyzed (though you still provoke).
>>
>>47761811
Wouldn't that have to be Interplanetary Teleport?
>>
>>47761678
I'm mostly just shitposting through character builds. Also, what would be conducive to having "all the force of a great typhoon" and being "as swift as a coursing river"? Undine and Zephyr Style are the closest I can come up with.
>>
>>47761859
Theoretically, you should be able to just Simulacrum an Oma and climb into its second stomach for a safe ride.
>>
>>47761812
Nothing other than "I need all these feats for prerequisite". His ninja level is solely for Shadow clone trick.

Swashbuckler is there to allow him to use Weapon Finesse with Sawtooth sabre or something.
>>
>>47761899
greater teleport has no maximum range and never places you off-course. Either you arrive at your intended destination, or the spell does nothing. All you need is a telescope or a picture of the planet you want to go to.
>>
>>47761930
Honestly, I'd just let him. Make sure to keep an eye on his special abilities to make sure he doesn't "misread" them, but it hardly seems like he'd be an overpowered munchkin. At worst, he'll fuck up a ton, and realize that pathfinder encourages single-classing.
>>
File: SCDreadnaught.png (846 KB, 1000x732) Image search: [Google]
SCDreadnaught.png
846 KB, 1000x732
>>47761712
I'VE BEEN STUCK WORKING ON THAT FOR MONTHS NOW.

Everything we need is ... TECHNICALLY in the game.

There IS travel across the stars.
>LOL WIZARDS ONLY
>Except the star-drives on all those creatures.....

So here's what I do: Construct Creature copy of things with a star-drive for +1CR, make it a robot, miniaturize and uh, amputate the parts as needed.

Now you just need to aggregate-creature an AI control system on it - unless you've got a psicrystal-core to mainframe - and construct its new and massive shell.

From there, well, you know what to do.

Now the fucking price?
Fucking hell man, I'm not looking forward to running those final calculations after installing the martial-potion gunner injectors, the anti-ship railguns and all the other shit.

Not to mention we can't just "design vehicles" with what we were given in the vehicle design and modification chapter (we can barely even change the rudder or plating on a fucking boat) so massively convoluted workarounds are what we're stuck with.

And then there's speeds. You know what's RETARDEDLY slow in pathfinder? Flight speeds. How are you going to translate even 1% thrust on your new ship?
FUCKED. IF. I. KNOW.
>>
>>47761696
4d6b3 is about 20pb if you consider results that fall out of the point-buy range as being inadmissable.
>>
>>47760432
>her face
could just be demure/coquettish
>not blocking the sun, look at where the light's coming from
meh, he wouldn't put his shield on his left arm to provide a better barrier, he wouldn't move to the other side of her which would have a different societal implication, and holding his cape up between her and where the sun's at would be retarded.

But that's not really the point, the point is it's too subtle, too ambiguous.
>>
any recommendations for a lvl 1 oneshot for up to 8 hours? want to introduce my friends into pathfinder
>>
>>47762121
Don't
>>
File: Covers.png (2 MB, 1608x1044) Image search: [Google]
Covers.png
2 MB, 1608x1044
Hey lads, guess what's out on the cleaners 3 doors down
>>
File: 1338358718754.png (424 KB, 375x475) Image search: [Google]
1338358718754.png
424 KB, 375x475
>>47761649
>Wanted to help a newbie
>LE Kobold Rogue X/Assassin 10
>4 feats for useless kobold flight
>Complains about enemies with high nat AC but didnt take flensing
>Group discusses future
>I advise him to work on his bad saves
>"No, you use items for those"
>Level 15 10 con/wis
>Always give him grand destiny, +5 cloak, +1 fort/wis wayfinder
>Still needs to roll high to pass the most arbitrary save
>Often fails the easy "running into spooky thing aura" save common in our level
>"Waa waa is there an item that makes you immune to mind affecting?"
>Plan building a luck stone for him because I want him to see the end of the campaign
>"No I want Bracers of armor at least +6 can you build it for me right now?"
>We literally spent our last payout yesterday and have yet to make money
>Tell him we cant afford it because the remaining funds is for when someone fumbles a save or die, and even if we could, we need to stop the campaign for almost a month of ingame time before I finish such a request
>"I'll try stealing a bracer from the capital instead, can your (NG) sorcerer help me steal one?"
>Flashback
>Remember last time he made a similar request and wanted to steal one when refused
>"I want a tome of +5 dex and a tome of +5 cha can we buy one?"
>Tell him the party is only level 13 and we would need to sell the clothes off our backs to afford even one if such a thing is available in the first place
>"Ok I'll steal one then"
>Tell him that even most level 20 PCs dont get to see such a treasure and that he will need to contend with a CR18~20 encounter to steal one if he can even find one at all
>"Ok then use your (NG) sorcerer to help (make an enemy of a wizard thats probably stronger than the bbeg)"
>Refuse
>"Waa waa waa you want me to fail"
>Want to tell him this isnt skyrim
>End flashback
>Every time he says shit like this my eyes glaze over and I remember that day and many like it
>Always ends with an "I hate you dad" outburst
>These moments happen often
>>
>>47759708
>Mudaashi no Taiyou
Well, his dad was a samurai and his mother is a southern belle of a fairly well to do estate, so by birth he's fairly noble. Some might consider his father becoming Ronin to be a stain on the Family's honor, but dear old dad only went Ronin because his Lord wanted him to commit an unspeakable act of Evil.

>Nico Baine
Not noble in the traditional sense, being an artificial person (android) rather than a normal human being. Still, nice enough fellow, loves all forms of sapient life, and managed to talk the end boss of the first book of Iron Gods into forsaking her old ways. Closest thing to and actual pacifist you can get in these games, typically using Unarmed Strikes to deal non-lethal damage. Very much a "Don't tread on me" type, though.
>>
>>47762147
Just fucking kick him off a cliff after saying "Heil Hydra"
>>
>>47761793
Get Tattoo'd Mule Back Cords, costs 2000 GP, and you still have an open shoulder slot.
>>
>>47761894
This is pretty awesome. Is there a way to get these guys Int-based?

Would it be broken to chop off, uh, I guess tricks and a spell slot of each level for maneuvers, polymath/warpath style?
>>
>>47762147
Your fault for being cucked enough to play with him at this point
>>
>>47762188
..Tattoo'd?`
>>
>>47762188
I thought the tattoos explicitly still use up the slot, just protected from stealing and the like?
>>
>>47762329
>>47762351
Inscribe magical tattoo allows you to tattoo wondrous tattoos. Effectively double the price of the slotted item to get a "second" set of slots. Yes it's wonky and inefficient. I imagine a lot of GMs would probably not even know it's a thing.
>>
>>47762301
Oddly enough we had a worse player who was knowledgeable but forced his shitty homebrew on the campaign.
The fuck changed characters every 3 sessions or so and said he was "playtesting" for his website.

All his homebrew characters were atrocities like a crossblooded style oracle that could pick whatever revelation and bonus spells it wanted (one of them was of course heavens), A rogue with a permanent summon monster companion that benefited from teamwork feats and a spontaneous casting shaman with full sneak attack dice and fast spell progression. All of which were fucking aasimar.

The GM is great though and while he's also pretty new to PF (played for maybe only a year), is really good at DMing and his experience is apparent when he handles himself well as the players swamp him.
>>
>>47759717
Paizo is very anti-multclass in general, including prestige classes. They want you to pick a class and take it to 20, the only reason the multiclassing stuff and prestige classes are even in the game is because they're a holdover from 3.5.

If they could do it over again, I'm sure Paizo would have no multiclassing at all and just use nothing but Class+Archetypes.
>>
>>47759717
Evangelist is your only option for advancing your shit, I think.

>>47762437
>If they could do it over again, I'm sure Paizo would have no multiclassing at all and just use nothing but Class+Archetypes.
Done right (read: done in a way we could never trust Paizo with), I could see that being real fun.
>>
>>47762437
To be fair VMC is decent and in some cases even viable.
>>
File: he immediately wants to go home.png (126 KB, 303x447) Image search: [Google]
he immediately wants to go home.png
126 KB, 303x447
>>47762558
>VMC is decent
>>
>>47762558
Correction: The idea of VMC is decent, and there are about three useful VMCs available.
>>
>>47762815
Which would those be?
>>
Does the monk's ki strike consume points? It says as long as I have 1 point I'm allowed to make a ki strike but it doesnt state what kind of action it is nor does it state if it consumes any points.
>>
>>47762825
Wizard's one.
>>
>>47762830
As long as you have one you can use the strike.
>>
>>47762825
Wizard and alchemist are probably the best. Access to discoveries can be pretty amazing to some classes. Magus is pretty good too but probably a step down, and you have oracle which lets you snag battle revelation incase you want to take the mediocre eldritch knight without dipping levels in fighter.
>>
>>47762506
>If they could do it over again, I'm sure Paizo would have no multiclassing at all and just use nothing but Class+Archetypes.
>Done right (read: done in a way we could never trust Paizo with), I could see that being real fun.

I find this hilarious, because that's literally how D&D 4e did it, with your base class, then paragon paths and epic destinies.

It worked great, too.
>>
>>47762830
It's not an action, and it doesn't cost ki. It's just a passive effect that is always on so long as you have at least one ki remaining.
>>
>>47762857
I'm play a Warder (Dervish Defender)/Wizard/Bladecaster with a Variant Multiclass into Oracle to grab the Mute curse, and it's pretty freaking neato. I don't ever leave tracks, I can vanish into a crowd with my Illusionist ability, and I can Dimensional Dervish leaving behind clones.
>>
>>47762875
This. Prestiges should have been optional extra things from the beginning rather than full on classes. Perhaps more strict requirements than 4e had, and the ability to leave a paragon/whatever slot unused until you qualify for the one you want, but otherwise yeah.
>>
>>47762825
Wizard is, probably, the "best" one, save for the useless cantrip. Oracle is debateable but has it's uses. Magus can, /maybe/, work for a few niche builds.

Sorcerer is also a thing if you don't want to bother with skill focus or CHA, but still want to get a bloodline, but it's still dependent on how good the bloodline you're taking is and whether or not the GM lets you take mutations/bloodline familiars.
>>
>>47762875
4e did have multiclassing, though it was very nontraditional; standard multiclassing was done by spending feats, and there was also hybrid classes, where you mashed half of one class into half of another.

5e also has classes + archetypes (in fact, archetypes are enforced, rather than being an optional swap; there's holes in your class and you have to pick one archetype to fill them), and while it does allow for traditional multiclassing, there aren't any PrCs (yet?)
>>
>>47762825
Oracle is an objectively good one.

Subjectively, I've seen decent reasons to pick up Sorcerer, Barbarian, Alchemist and Magus VMC. I don't think any but Oracle can be said to be *optimal*, but they're certainly usable and can help fulfil a character concept or to stack more bonuses on a build.
>>
>>47760967
That would be blindsight / blindsense.
>>
>Paladin with Destined Bloodline VMC
Is it an okay combo, assuming PoW isn't on the table? Legit asking for a friend.
>>
>>47760967
So an Astomoi basically.
>>
>>47763088
Paladins tend to be pretty feat starved. I wouldn't want to give up half my feats for a VMC with that primary class.
>>
>>47763088

Destined bloodline gives basically nothing to paladin. You are giving up half your feats for some shitty powers.

The Chosen One paladin archetype is a better thematic choice for a 'destined' paladin, although it really hurts your early level play so it is better if you are starting from at least level 4.

Or just, y'know, roleplay it. Destined bloodline gives you nothing that mechanically helps the concept anyway.
>>
>>47760967

That's equivalent to blindsight, not darkvision. Natural invisibility countering is substantially more powerful than darkvision (especially because it allows for e.g. deeper darkness or fog shenanigans).
>>
Since people are talking about Oracles, what would be a good curse for a Lunar Ancient Lorekeeper? I was thinking of just going for Black-Blooded, but I don't know if I would gain as much from its curse as I would lose from a better one.
>>
File: 2016-06-13-18-48-47--884686754.jpg (8 KB, 195x259) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-13-18-48-47--884686754.jpg
8 KB, 195x259
What classes, mechanics or spells would suit a DMC style 'devil trigger' transformation or power up form? An actual transmutation if possible.
>>
What's the Inquisitor class like?
>>
File: 2huRedRan.jpg (323 KB, 900x1100) Image search: [Google]
2huRedRan.jpg
323 KB, 900x1100
>promised I'd deliver on content during the weekend
>realize it's monday night and nothing is presentable

fuck
>>
>>47763902
Beastmorph alchemist or synth summoner. There are other things but they don't do it as well.

Maybe even vigilante could work; just fluff your avenger form as looking spoopy
>>
>>47763902
Aegis, psion egoist -> metamorph, Chimera Soul initiator, daevic, synthesist summoner. Any polymorph spell.
>>
>>47763902

Synthesist summoner, Aegis, certain types of vigilantes, custom-fluffed bloodragers, Mutagen specced alchemists, any martial with UMD and wands to apply appropriate spells.
>>
>>47763913
The most selfish possible cleric, someone who constantly self-buffs and has a whole class feature that is "you get a bunch of teamwork feats and pretend your allies have them so you can use them, but your allies don't actually have them and can't use them themselves."

I'd say they're pretty close to being the ideal archetypical self-buff character: divine spells take them through all the good stuff and some new special twists, Solo Tactics is the long-term strategic buff, and Judgments are your X/day Make My Numbers GROOOOOW abilities that are honestly pretty overrated, trade them out for an animal companion with Sacred Huntsmaster and call it good.
>>
>>47763916
It's okay. We love you anyway, because your absolute reliance on female image attachments help us fantasize and sexualize you, and that's the content anyone trapped in this godforsaken general needs most. That and 5E.
>>
>>47763916
>>47764055
What in the hell are you even talking about.
>>
>>47764034
>>47763913

Combined with a single teamwork feat (outflank) melee Inquisitors can throw up justice/destruction judgements that put them level with fighters accuracy. Then divine favor throws them quite far ahead even despite the 3/4ths BAB and no weapon specialization.

Bane stacks with weapons, and if you're in a campaignc entered around fucking evil creatures, a holy weapon can be bane'd for some incredible 2h power attack damage. A holy bane ranged inquisitor also puts out some amazing damage without sacrificing accuracy due to divine favor and judgement, and on top of that you've got 6th level spells to back you up (heroism being one of many useful things that make your fighter regret choosing a shit martial class).

Oh, you also get wis to init, stalwart, two good saves in Will/Fort AND the ability to completely dump chr and get your wis to social skills with an inquisition any diety can have.

They are indeed incredibly selfish, but those spells can get spread around easily enough.

I'd say Inquisitors are one of the best non full caster classes available for play.

Oh, and they're also incredibly fun due to their versatility and class fluff. You'll rarely not be able to contribute.
>>
>>47760562
Our first time DM is doing this.
How fucked are we?
>>
Is there a way to increase the DC of a Witch's Hexes?
>>
>>47764499
The Ability Focus feat, or buffing your Int
>>
Hi /pfg/ I want to share my updated Luchador class again, say what you want but every time I post here I get some good feedback and have modified the class to be more balanced and in depth because you guys are great. Have a look at it and let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for Personas in particular that would be awesome!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PuHwR9uNL9zL2AGqUhYzOd47IJb22l1IK4aU1GxyYuU/edit?usp=sharing

I'm debating between keeping him purely mundane as it is now or just going nuts and giving him some mystical abilities fluffed as channeling the spirits of his ancestors or the Persona. As always thank you for your input.
>>
>>47764547

I don't really have any feedback but I enjoy trying to make wrestler characters every now and again so thank you for trying to put something like this together
>>
>>47764064
Just a homebrewing anon, friend
>>
File: 1436416188117.gif (52 KB, 591x466) Image search: [Google]
1436416188117.gif
52 KB, 591x466
So, how you doin' pfg?
>>
>>47765028
Hungry and wishing I could get my group to build.
>>
File: 1447901527145.jpg (11 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
1447901527145.jpg
11 KB, 252x200
>>47765028
Not too terrible, honestly. Wish I could decide on what to do before heading to bed.
>>
>>47761712
Major Artifact.

It's a ship, called the Silver Maiden.
>>
File: GM allows PoW Warders.png (152 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
GM allows PoW Warders.png
152 KB, 500x454
>>47765028
Just bought the Advanced Bestiary.
I might have to use some of these ideas If I ever get the courage to DM

Will probably send my copy to my friends later, especially since 2 of them have been looking for new GM materials
>>
>>47765106
What's with paizo and silver lately?
>>
>>47762815
Oracle, Barbarian, Cavalier are all fine. Bard is "decent". Wizard is fine. Cleric is "ok".
>>
>>47765028
Housemate took laptop for weekend, preventing me from doing my raiding in wow, so I'm watching some total war warhammer and thinking it might be neat to run a military oriented campaign.

As an aside has anyone seen the warcraft movie? What did you guys think?
>>
>>47765122
Basic bitch kind of metal that's easily recognizable, sounds good (if pretty mary sue), and is generally associated with anti-evil weaponry (vampires, lycanthropes, certain evil outsiders).
>>
Can anyone explain to me what is weak about Chimera Soul?
>>
>>47765470
it's for martials
>>
>>47765470
Chimera Soul isn't actually weak, it's just set up in a different direction from most other disciplines.

Most disciplines do the whole "Awesome strikes" (Primal Fury and Cursed Ravor) or "awesome counters" (Eternal Guardian or Mithral Current) thing. Chimera Soul is unusual in that its boosts, strikes, and counts tend to be on the weaker side, but it has remarkably valuable stances

Just keep that in mind while building with CS.
>>
>>47765593

So you want to make sure you have a good Baseline of damage and accuracy. Maybe use the werewolf template LotW has on a Brutal Stalker??
>>
>>47765593

I have a related question; if I am playing a race that has natural weapons already, and then use a stance that gives the same kind of natural weapon do they stack and increase the damage by one size or do I have to pick between the two?
>>
>>47765470
It's conceptually weak.
It does have very nice stances, and one or two cool things, but it relies a lot on its shapeshifting flavor gimmick.
If you took its shapeshifting descriptions away and actually just looked at what most of its stuff does in terms of numbers, mechanics and effects, it's honestly kind of bland.
>>
>>47765593
What there needs to be is Boost disciplines and another Stances discipline. A discipline focusing on battlefield control and one that does something approaching out of combat utility is the only design space left.
>>
>>47765668

I'm a huge faggot for that kind of stuff so it doesn't bother me that much and I would probably mix it together with other styles anyway.
>>
>>47761997
I'm afraid that he would be ineffective at everything he do. I mean... we don't use partial BAB rule (I think the GM is trying to steer him away from multiclassing).

So he's at +7 attack roll total (including the bonus weapon focus), at level 7.
>>
>>47765680
We still don't have an actually good ranged discipline.
>>
>>47765749

The two existing ones are decent. The personally I would not compare them to archery builds from first party material. Full attacking Smiters will of course do tons of damage but you have to remember that they have to do a full attack do that while you are free to move around and skirmish while still doing decent to high damage.

But that's just path of war in general un less you have Pounce on your 1pp class...
>>
File: FMABread01.gif (500 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
FMABread01.gif
500 KB, 500x281
>>47765028
>Campaign canceled because two chucklefucks showed up TWO HOURS LATE
>My internet was totally fucked the entire weekend until like, 11 at night on Sunday, so I couldn't even play any videogames
>Have rewritten the same five paragraphs of homebrew a dozen times because I can't think of anything that doesn't look stupid
>GM just wants to play overwatch instead of figuring out what to do about the two faggots who keep not showing up

Honestly could be worse.
>>
>>47765793

Have you considered recruiting other players to replace them?
>>
>>47765792
>The two existing ones are decent
Nah. They have okayish boosts, and okay lategame stances, and that's it. Their strikes are shit, the counters are overall bad.
>>
>>47765793
>not playing a different game to wait for them
Do you even Roll for Shoes pleb?
>>
What kind of homebrew are the people of /pfg/ most looking for. I've decided to be a massive sell out and just give people what they want rather than my own autistic ramblings. Go on, lay it on me.
>>
>>47765844

I still feel like that's fair given how much better range is in this game compared to melee. Especially ranged that can move and Skirmish instead of standing in place so they can full attack.
>>
>>47765654

Can anyone clarify this?
>>
File: 1445490677502.jpg (2 MB, 3056x1985) Image search: [Google]
1445490677502.jpg
2 MB, 3056x1985
>>47765886
I'm trying to homebrew a bunch of black blade archetypes for an upcoming game centered around them. I have a fighter so far, and I'm knee deep in a Cavalier. Watching Bob Ross and too lazy to go get my notebook

Do you want to work on black blade archetypes?
>>
>>47765470
It has a stupid-broken mid-level stance that gives you access to like eight primary natural attacks for no reason, so that's fun. I don't understand why it never clicks that you can't fuck with things that work with pounces, while giving out pounces, and not ruin all your beautiful work in creating interesting and nuanced initiators by giving birth to fucking deletion machines.

Ugly truth: the "you really need a mental attribute" design of initiators isn't actually real any more than it is for bloodragers, if all you want to do is kill things. Pounce and full attack boosters will do that just fine. Fuck all your class features, you're at least as good at pouncemurder as any pre-Unchained barbarian and you still have better mobility and utility.

The rest of Chimera Soul's stances are very good but not gamebreaking. Its strikes and counters need work, more flair. Its boosts are okay. Really it's a dip discipline for stances, which is a shame, it has potential. Hopefully they'll round it out, get more use-skill-for-thing maneuvers, add in more options that are both interesting and compelling to the stuff that's already there. A wolf-trip that offers your allies attacks of opportunity, a pheromone surge that penalizes all mental attributes, a counter that acts as Summon Nature's Ally out of your flesh to take the hit and sticks around if it survives, longer, grabbier tentacles that drag enemies close, rabid bites that inflict hostile transmutations, temporary flying charges at low levels, chameleon stealth, eye-blood-spraying blinding counter, man, you can't fuck up with the animal kingdom.
>>
>>47765654
Generally, you'd just go with the one that is bigger or does more damage unless otherwise specified.
>>
>>47765793
What'cha brewing?
>>
>>47765891
>pounce 120ft
>the dude with the crossbow is better

Riiiight.
>>
>>47762558
I actually agree, but despite the name, Variant Multiclassing is not actually multiclassing, it's just a series of class-themed feat packages.
>>
>>47766107
Pounce isnt default, anon. You need to spends something to get it.
>>
>>47766051
Fool's Errand has a couple of cases of "better than other disciplines" or "No Escape" as well.
>>
>>47766125
hey guess what

SO DID ANY KIND OF RANGED USER WHO WANTS TO HIT HARDER THAN A GOBLIN WITH A CLUB

Unless it's a longbow user, then he's on par with melees.
>>
>>47765886
Useful, reasonably costed alchemical weapons, and a reasonable way to get them to scale with a PC as they level up, in the vein of something like DC 10+1/2 level+(Choose one of Dex, Int, or Wis).

Non-magical item enhancements for armor and weapons.

Some sort of way to turn magical properties into EX properties that doesn't cost six gorrillion gold. I want some dude who just smiths swords SO GOOD that it cuts things like adamantine, not just "Oh it's +5 here you go hurr magic"
>>
>>47766273
Have you read any of the Steelforge playtest?
>>
>>47766167

> using a crossbow

That's your own damn fault desu Senpai
>>
>>47765886
we could use a proper vehicle creation system
kinda hard to spelljammer without spelljammers.
harder still when we're trying to find details on those stardrives they're digging up over in numeria.

Like I'm not saying we can't abstract the real artifacts like a Far-Jumper, if those are even in the setting... But we have fucking *nothing* beyond "boat goes slow, blimp goes slow, and yes that's all the modifications you're getting. what do you mean what modifications. look. a boat." right now
>>
>>47766315
Yes, I have. Your point being? Everything in it for nonmagical things are severely overpriced, and often not really useful. The flaws in them have been pointed out to DSP repeatedly.
>>
>>47766350
No point, just asking. Damn
>>
>>47765654

You only get the better version.

You're better off getting a different natural weapon.
>>
File: alucard with shield.jpg (1 MB, 1395x1600) Image search: [Google]
alucard with shield.jpg
1 MB, 1395x1600
I'm playing in a castlevania-themed campaign in the role of the vampire's half-humie son.
What class/archetype/build what be most suitable for playing pic related?
DSP and a smattering of other 3rd party materials, like the occultist and unchained ninja, are allowed.
>>
>>47766618
Honestly, if it's a martial rather than a caster, PoW is your best bet for the sheer versatility of concepts it supports.

I haven't played Castlevania so I don't know the full scope of his abilities but I think Scarlet Throne/Unquiet Grave should work on a warlord, warder or harbinger, maybe even a stalker.

Maybe dip into spheres if he has some magic ability.
>>
File: 2hu reverse it bby.jpg (320 KB, 537x893) Image search: [Google]
2hu reverse it bby.jpg
320 KB, 537x893
>>47766090
Been trying to figure out this kitsune racial archetype I wanted to make for the Stregone, but shit's just not clicking for me no matter what I do. "Slap magical tail on it" just looks stupid to me. I should probably just shelve it and work on the rest of the archetypes, since most of them are far less complicated. Even the one that winds up replacing or altering almost all of the class features would be less work.
>>
>>47766705
For some reason I didn't even consider harbinger, I forget that class exists.
Basically, alucard fights typically with swords but also has spells here and there like turning into a hawk, summoning spirits to fight, shooting fireballs, or healing by draining blood with his attacks.
I'm not sure how magic the character should be. I want to do spells, but being an initiator might be better in practice.
>>
Hey guys if i increase my str with a mutagen and lose int do i lose my prepared formulae according to my new int score?
>>
>>47766802
Crimson Countess Harbinger can get you the healing stuff.
Eleflux can get you a fireball type.
Summons and polymorph you'll have to wiz into.
Gestlat would probably be the best way to go
>>
>>47766843
Temporary stat changes usually don't mess with prepared spells.
>>
>>47766845
Sounds like crimson countess is the class for me then, thanks.
>>
>>47766802
>turning into a hawk
The Spheres of Power alteration handbook has a feat that's taken at first level that gives you a single alternate form.
>Summoning spirits
A tougher one - really if you want them to stay relevant as you level, your only choice if not gestalt is to buy wands of summoning and pretend it's your own ability.

Or actually, you could go Harbinger and then PrC into one of the arcane casting/initiating mix prestige classes.
>>
Yo /pfg/, I am confus.

Are the prayer / meditation book rules described in arcane anthology trying to give the ability to use spellbooks (to add spells to your list of spells known) to any caster class that takes the listed feats?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.