[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is kind of a serious question that I pose to you. How plausible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 20160613_100530.jpg (285 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20160613_100530.jpg
285 KB, 1280x960
This is kind of a serious question that I pose to you. How plausible is it that humanity somehow, on another plane that runs alongside this, through acts of evil intent, through suffering and misery, through excesses of any and all kinds, actually spawns (or contributes to the coalescing of) non-physical rudimentary beings that have working survival instincts? Daemons in other words.

Where do they exist? What would they be spun from? Are you familiar with the term "egregore?"
>>
I can't be the only one who has thought about this.
>>
>>47755288
You're actually the only one period. We're all you.
>>
>>47755092
It's impossible to speculate because nothing you've said has any basis in fact. There's nothing to indicate non-physical things exist. Thinking and imagining about it is fine and natural bit there's utterly no point in discussing it with others.
>>
>>47755312
>no fun allowed
>>
>>47755312
But ideas are non-physical, uniquely human, and impel people to act in all sorts of ways. Is it stupid to consider that there are mental whirlpools in the human psyche, or even in the "collective unconscious" that could be called demonic?

I thought since /tg/ seizes imaginary worlds and speculative fiction so readily, that some here would actually indulge in the idea, and not shut it down or swat it away.
>>
>>47755361
>Is it stupid to consider that there are mental whirlpools in the human psyche, or even in the "collective unconscious" that could be called demonic?
Meme wizard detected
>>
>>47755361
You didn't ask "how would you use this in a setting", you asked "is this plausible in the real world".
>>
>>47755361
If you like fiction, here we are.

If you can't tell fact from fiction, try a psychiatrist.

And if you merely like pretending you can't, then grow the fuck up already.
>>
>>47755092
Probably not, no. We're cosmically speaking pretty insignificant so why would anything we do let alone imagine actually create a physical reality elsewhere? Supernovas MIGHT cause this as during certain processes shit gets so crazy our model of physics, which is pretty rock solid elsewise, starts to break down so who knows what actually happens. But through the power of humanity alone the answer is 99.999X% no.
>>
File: NerdBomber.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NerdBomber.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1080
>>47755325
>literally warhammer daemons
>lolmuh unique concept
>please respond
>fun

Fuck off and die.

>>47755092
>where
The Warp.

>what
Ectoplasm.

>egregious cryptodouchebaggery
Google.

>the only one
Lurk moar.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.