[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone made a tg/rpg that revolves around the players being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Has anyone made a tg/rpg that revolves around the players being magic-users that use little spirits and imps and shit? Because I'm thinking about making that. Like magical poke'mon where the players are all tamers; and your powers/monsters are based on your stats and shit.

I just wana probe to see if such a game already exists.

-and don't give me that, "Just play X game but pretend like Y mechanics are coming from spirits," bullshit.
>>
I have played Golden Sun.
>>
>>47732013
Golden Sun is comparable actually. Not quite what I had in mind, but very similar.
>>
So you want some kind of SMT trpg?
>>
Is bartimaeus trilogy /tg/ approved?

Because I always liked how they handled magic in that.
>>
File: 2427Folklore3.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2427Folklore3.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
Folklore the video game does something like that.
>>
File: 5x7bi.png (676 KB, 686x499) Image search: [Google]
5x7bi.png
676 KB, 686x499
>>47731952
Little Fears.
>>
>>47733246
I approve of it.
>>
File: 1462106685908.jpg (267 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1462106685908.jpg
267 KB, 800x600
>>47731952
Sounds interesting. How would you make a game of it?
>be wizard
>cast spells
>instead of spells, summons a creature that does spell-like things for him.
>instead of spellcasting, each creature has a relationship with his wizard, and has special traits, feats and racial abilities
>can grow and become more adept over time as the wizard levels
Sounds adaptable. Maybe a series of races suited to a specific school of magic?
>wizard specializes in Fire and Wind magic
>could summon any of three or four "junior" spirits within each school
>gains rapport by using certain races, gains enmity with others for doing so (rival races)
>spirits ask for little rewards and favors (and power) they can use on their home plane. Good relationship (rapport) leads to more powerful summonings
Needs some good lore to flesh it out
>>
>>47733584
That image is closer to representing Monsters and Other Childish Things.
>>
>>47733731
>That image is closer to representing Monsters and Other Childish Things.

FUCK, that's what I meant. It's been a long day.
>>
>>47733246
I approve of Bartimaeus. Didn't like the setting so much for an RPG, but I like the idea for spellcasting.
>>
>>47731952
Is that Deedlit drawn by a western artist?
>>
>>47733800
>>47733625

My brethren of African descent. I never see discussion of those anywhere, especially when they could make a fairly interesting setting.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.