[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cape Creation General and Worldbuilding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
Welcome to the thread dedicated Superhero TTRPGs!

Discussion on all systems is welcome and here's our link collection for a handful of different ones
>http://pastebin.com/bkpp0z2t

In the previous wave of threads, we have started an outpouring of worldbuilding for a "Cape World" setting, although the flood has since calmed down.
Some stuff has been collected into pastebins
>http://pastebin.com/5EyFqXgD
while the general total has been archived on suptg under assortment of tags, most reliable search is by the following:
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Cape

Topic starter: Have you ever had to deal with a hero vs hero situation? Was it within the party or npcs? How did it go?
>>
Why create yet another general thread?
Why not just post whatever question or idea you have without trying to make it into an institution?
>>
File: 0a9.jpg (144 KB, 680x867) Image search: [Google]
0a9.jpg
144 KB, 680x867
>>47730757
so I was wondering last tread, how would you go about making a hero or villain with the power to fuse with a another person? similar to that of a DBZ fusion dance?
>>
How do I make a telekinetic that is more than "Not!Magneto ripoff#12"?
>>
>>47732877
I'm Champioms you could have two characters with a transformation power that has a hell of a lot of disadvantages (From 2 willing participants with the requisite power needing to be willingly conjoined in a turn-long dance maneuver that has a chance of failing), transforming them into a warrior with 3x their character's point totals combined.
>>
>>47732910
well that depends by what you mean by "Not!Magneto ripoff#12".
I'm going to assume that you mean a "I lift heavy things with my brain and then throw them at you" type telekinetic for the sake of my suggestions.
the favor of the month answer is to just make you telekinetic powers into a Stand from jojo and use it to punch people.
or instead of throwing large things at people, focus on the little things and use your powers to pinch blood vessels and give a man a heart attack or fuck up the aim of some gunman by pressing down on the gun at random times or by jamming the gun by fucking with one of the smaller pins.
>>
>>47732910
Can only move small things.

Really useful if you are creative.
>Oh i move a nerve in your brain have fin being dead/retarded
>atoms are small how about i start putting them together and make shit
>what if i just fired little bullets of scrap like a gun
There's more than just big things to use
>>
>>47732910
Watch Chronicle for some ideas.
>>
What system do you guys usually use for these games?
>>
>>47730757
Would evidence gained through telepathy and mind reading be considered illegaly attained for use in court ?
>>
>>47737371
Well in a sense it would violate their 5th amendment rights, however, sneakily reading their mind to find some other evidence you can present in court is a workaround.
>>
>>47732910
What I'm doing for my game is having a mental health condition that puts a limit on their power. This character is a powerful telekinetic but views dead bodies as puppets on strings that she can control even though she could control anything.
>>
>>47737344
I'm currently about to start a Masks: A New Generation game
>>
>Superhero worldbuilding thread
Oh, hey.

I actually wrote this ages ago
https://vindae.tumblr.com/post/11108804990/in-a-heroic-world

It was meant to be a mix of Marvel/DC's in-universe setting, but with generic characters. As you can tell, it was before shit like AXIS and New 52.

I keep wanting to go back to a superhero game. I don't read comics, but I love characters like the Bat Family. One of the things that keeps me from really enjoying comics themselves is how dense the worlds are, even though that's also a thing I like.

I mean, Batman stories are less interesting when Batman fights the spooky owl secret society in one and then the ancient space God in another.

Did anything ever happen with Harper Row, or did she just get changed, retconned away, replaced, and/or forgotten about like Stephanie Brown and Dick or Gordon as Batman? Her character design is great and I like dyky punks.
>>
File: Poltergeist Dramatic.png (280 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
Poltergeist Dramatic.png
280 KB, 708x1000
>>47740317
Also, I like to collect images of superheroes that I can use for more generic superheroes, for groups that like visuals. Anyone know any good heroes who'd have fan art, and who's character design is "generic" enough?

Nightwing and Red Hood are good, especially if you photoshop out their logos. I've used Power Girl for a Captain Marvel rip off. I recoloured Spider-Girl a bit for a Danny Phantom/Deadman kind of character, though I haven't really done much in writing that character.
>>
>>47737371
>>47738994
In cape world there's a guy that sees people's sins and the FBI is trying to find legal ways to use him in court.

I propose that psychics and the like be used in the capacity as a witness. For suspects of capital crimes a mind reading may be ordered by the court. A psychic is only as good as their reputation. A psychic will a single false or ambiguous read will have their testimony torn to shreds by a good defense attorney.

Outside some special communities with special psychic rules reading minds without clear recorded permission is a huge no no and evidence obtained that way dies under the fruit of he poisoned tree rule.

So a PC telepath that mind reads Martin Dundo or the like is in big legal trouble.

Things get even trickier when you have bad guy telepaths that put in false memories and criminals that claim to have been mind controlled. This is why psychic testimony has to be supplementary to other evidence. Psychic tampering can sometimes be detected, sometimes not.

I think a campaign based on psychic courtroom drama could be awesome. Was Dr Death really under mind control when he robbed that bank?

Any ideas for telepath courtroom characters and situations?
>>
>>47732910

They can only exert a little force but can use that force with precision. They can pinch blood vessels and divert bullet paths.

They can only control one object, like a large pinball or something. But they can move it so fast and with so much force that they're incredibly deadly. Think a tiny ball moving at Mach two and combining a brick character over and over.

Their telekinesis is the result of controlling an invisible and semi-intangible being.

They don't exert a force. They just cause objects to warp and move. It's a subtle differnence but can have implications depending on how the rest of the universe works. No force means no force fields, but his actions can't be countered by other telekinetics and don't register on the psychic plain, stuff like that.

Do these help anon?
>>
>>47730914
Because people want to bounce ideas off each other and see if any questions can overlap or evolve into a discussion.

This is like thread number twenty or something. People clearly like it fampei.
>>
>>47732877
I suppose it all depends on how you want it to work.

Maybe there is a super team based on combining and recombine with each other? Maybe there's a guy that's normal except he can fuse with people he touches even if they don't want him to. If he does this to a badguy the bad guy has to make a will check or lose control of their body. Even if they keep control him being a normal debuffs their powers and stats.
>>
>>47730757
Damien is such a little shit
>>
>>47730757
I was looking into getting a super hero rpg and I was wondering which ones you would recommend. I am looking for a system that is easy to run and has a large amount of customization.
>>
>>47732910
touch range
>>
>>47740317
Harper Row was an important character in Batman and Robin Eternal. She was roommates with Stephanie Brown and it was revealed that she was intended to be Batman's perfect Robin. A woman named Mother who uses children's tragedies and turns them into child soldiers had Cassandra Cain kill Harper's mom in an attempt to give Harper a traumatic push. This brought some drama but Harper understands that Cass didn't want to but doesn't forgive her. End of the story Harper leaves Gotham but she's expected to come back in Detective Comics at some point.

DickBats is still canon since Damian and him reference it a few times
>>
>>47740317
Looks pretty good. I personally like to stick a Bronze Age between the Silver and modern though. An age where things kind of calm down from crazy atomic age shenanigans and "semi cape" stuff become big.
>>
>>47742514
Man, that just sounds so much more complicated than the "dykey girl thinks Batman shit is cool, so she helps him out and joins the Bat Family despite the fact that he tells her not to". Though I guess I do still want to read Batman Eternal. Most of what I've read of the New 52 stuff, except maybe "This Is The Issue Where Damian Di--Okay He Got Better" sounds great. But it also feels all... cheap and meaningless. In the short amount of time since New 52: Damian died (got better), Harper Row was important (then left the city), Batman and Joker forgot who they were (but then remembered), Gordon was Batman (but isn't anymore), and now apparently Joker (or one of them) is The Comedian and Dr Manhattan created the New 52, or whatever the current ReBirthboot is.

Comics seem so cool when I see panels and hear about self contained stories and watch the movies (The animated series with Damian is great), but man, actually reading them sounds like such a daunting affair...

>>47742864
I'm a fan of the currentish age, with stuff that's reminiscent of Golden and Silver and an Iron Age without so much cynicism. But as you can probably guess by now, I'm one of those people who loves the idea of comic books, watches channels like Nerdsync and ComicDrake, and reads wikis, watches all the movies... but can't bring themselves to read the real thing.

That's one of the reasons I love DC's animated movies. They all do a good job of making the world feel as BIG as the comics are, and you get frisson from knowing who everyone is and what plot is happening, but they aren't trying to get you to buy other comics, so they tell their own story.
>>
>>47730757
i-is that spiderweb coming out of his asshole?
>>
File: SUPER ELVIS.jpg (97 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
SUPER ELVIS.jpg
97 KB, 800x532
COMPREHENSIVE STATESMEN WRITE-UP NUMBER SIX:

KENTUCKY: KENTUCKY RAIN, shy Elvis Impersonator on the super-powered version of the Peace Corps harboring a secret about his powers.

http://pastebin.com/rV9cVY8T

I hope you guys like it. Slowly be surely these Write-Ups come. As usual I deeply appreciate any feedback.

Kentucky Rain's write up features a concept I fond interesting: An organization helping people that don't choose to use their super powers and finding ways for people that want to stay anonymous to use their super powers while protecting their anonymity.

It touches on an issue I don't see a lot in Cape Comics: When is it okay for someone with super powers to just -not- be a super hero or someone that uses super powers? What if they just want to be a writer or flip burgers? At what point is one obligated to use their powers for others?

Its scary to be publicly known as a super human. The Dr Dooms and Hydras of the world want to make you into a super soldier or dissect you. The Kraven styled psychopaths of the world will hunt you for sport. There's lots of reasons to simply decline from publicly using powers.

Should the government ever force people to use their super powers?

A lot of time in Cape Comics you see governments try to suppress super powers. I think it would be a neat twist to see them trying to force people to use super powers. "You can use those powers as a surgeon. Or as a one-man construction team. Or as a psychic therapist. And you will. We won't give you a choice".

SO ANYWAY. Please take a look at KENTUCKY RAIN. Also, who should be the next Statesman to get a write-up?
>>
>>47743216
how about the one who was really obsessed with swords? conneti-cut I think he was named?
>>
>>47740317
>>47740359
>>47743196
I am viscerally disgusted by your opinions, you are the walking, talking embodiment of plebshit
>>
>>47743482
Connecting-Cut I think, and yeah, I can do him.

>>47743722
Hey, I'm sure you're doing a great job convincing him to get more into comics.
>>
>>47743196
Bronze Age was a hell of a time anon. I highly recommend picking up some Marvel Team-Up where Spider-Man meets X and has to deal with Y.

It was a time that balanced quirkiness and seriousness. You had Spider-Man deal with a Manchurian Candidate Black Widow while fighting Viper and Silver Samurai with a little box reminding you that Silver Samurai got a teleporation ring that allowed him and Viper to teleport onto an take over the Helicarrier from John Belushi.

John Belushi. SNL John Belushi.

And then Nick Fury shows up with Shang-Chi and he fights Boomerang who talks himself up by mentioning that he once survived a punch from the Hulk.

Bronze Age was a hell of a fun ride.
>>
>>47732910
make it so that they have to be at least indirectly so that they can make tentacles made of debris, although they can also move things that touch the ground
>>
>>47743216
>Also, who should be the next Statesman to get a write-up?

Maybe Fairy Finder or Ms. Cryptic or Coyote? Some of the magical, weird members?
>>
>>47743216
Must be a real hoot in Vegas.
>>
>>47743858
>>47743216
Oh wait, no, I take it back. BOB CAT. She's my waifu.
>>
File: Godzilla_'54_design.jpg (85 KB, 620x375) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_'54_design.jpg
85 KB, 620x375
So the last cape thread inspired me to go back working on an older setting idea of mine called "Tokyo Boom". But I got so busy on it I forgot to post lol.

It's supposed to be a M&M setting, kinda like a take on what a cape comic tokyo may be like if we take a whole bunch of toku/kaiju/manga/anime ideas and had them done by a comic company for the last 50 years.

Timeline starts in 1954 when a giant monster called gaugantuon is released from his man-made prison inside of Mount Fuji, and during his attack on Tokyo saturates the area with a strange energy that gives a few people super powers and many more the potential for powers in their family lines.

I'm working on the stories of those first few superhumans and basically the kaiju attacks that followed.

Although I have a few expys that don't follow solely japanese sources. Kintaro is a near immortal boy with superhuman strength and can fly, and he appears in 1978. So we have some comic influences as well.
>>
>>47732910
Take your standard telekinesis and give it a restriction.

Telekinesis, but you can't lift small objects. You have to lift things that weight more than a tonne or it just doesn't work. Maximum size is determined by what you're lifting. Dirt is loosely packed so it falls apart easily (dropping below your minimum threshold) while concrete is much easier to lift to large sizes because it sticks together easily.

Telekinesis, but the things you move can only go as fast as you could throw them with your own strength.

Telekinesis, but everything you control just spins around you at high speed, acting as a shield.

Telekinesis, but it only works on silicon-based materials.

Telekinesis, but you start off only controlling small things, becoming more and more powerful the longer you stand still.

Telekinesis, but you have to remain touching the thing. Arbitrarily large weight limit that has imbued structural stability.
>>
>>47744048
How about a Sentai team made of Transformers? They don't so much summon their mech as they combine to form the mech.
>>
>>47730757
When Jason is facepalmin, you know you try too hard.
>>
What are some one-shot missions I could send a team of street level superheroes on? Our GM is out of the country and entrusted me with running a filler mission or two while he's gone.
>>
>>47744470
Two powered teens take their prom hostage with the intent to humiliate their enemies. Can your heroes stop the hostage situation and maybe nip the careers of two burgeoning supervillains in the bud? Or will they be the thing that pushes them into a worse evil? For a darker twist, maybe one of the teens is more bloodthirsty than the other and wants to turn the prom into a mass murder.
>>
>>47743722
Go back to /co/

>>47743834
I'm just fond of more serious stories that happen to be about people in spandex with silly names.
>>
>>47744048
that kind of reminds me, do you guys know of any decent magical girl archetypes?
I ask because I had a idea for a japan super team with of those archetypes being a individual magical girl.

The basic idea behind them is a female magical girl otaku finds she has the ability to make magical objects that give people superpowers; she then gets her friends together and tells them to bring something precious to them. The girl then imbues these precious items with power and asks her friends if they want to be magical girls together.

I already have at least three ideas I want to use.
>The first would be a classic magical girl before they started fighting monsters all the time, the type who got into funny gags and situations and tried to fix them though some magic spell or gizmo.

This one would be the leader and kind the team pet that you see in a lot of in magical girl shows.
She's the one who gave the rest of the team their powers and gives them upgrades and new attacks.
Her own fighting style would be to use her magical gadgets to simulate other, more famous magical girls. Like using a replica sailor moon's tiara to do her boomerang move.
continued in part 2 of 3
>>
>>47745065
>The second idea would be a pair of girls whose precious items were friendship bracelets they made when they were kids. They're the petty cure archetype.
These two would be the main fighters of the group, using their fists and combo magical abilities to bring the pain along with a fusion dance special move that increasingly addicting to them.

The theme with these two would be unhealthy co-dependence. Even before they got fusion they were inseparable but now they fuse at the drop of a hat, for SU fans think Pearl's addiction to becoming Opal and you get the picture. i haven't figured out the reasons for their co-dependency but I'm leaning towards shitty home life for the both of them and/or lesbian lust taken to far.
>>
>>47745065
>The third would be bit unusual and be a Dark magical girl themed around Japanese girl gangs. This is unusual due to both the fact that a DMG tends to only join up after being defeated and that most tend to not be a Moe blob.
This girl is a senpai to the rest of the group and tends to hang out with them due not having many friends her own age. Her precious item was a yoyo her crush's disabled mother gave her after said crush saved her from some bullies. The mother said that while she could never remember why she had the yoyo, it always made her feel warm when she felt bad about losing her legs and that she hoped it would give the girl the same strength it gave her.

Weirdly the yoyo greedily soaked up the empowerment magic the first girl gave it and had it's own preset abilities, each more harmful then the last like summoning a giant dog to maul their enemies.
Course this would be set up for the mother to get the yoyo back and turn into her old magical girl self once more and kick bad guy ass old school style. Using her old wheel chair wheels to make an even bigger and more powerful yoyo is mandatory because that kind of shit is my fetish.
This is somewhat limited by the girls timid nature and part of her character growth would be gaining more confidence in herself and learning to not fear her own power.
>>
>>47744617
Not that anon but I'm gonna steal this one
>>
>>47744470
the classic "stop a bank robbery" but with a twist, the players are trapped inside the bank in their civilian guises and the bad guy set to blow the second he sees a super.
can your players use their powers in sneaky ways to defuse the bomb and stop the robbery?
>>
>>47740317
Rory stay out of these threads
>>
>>47742514
>Harper Row is Snyder's desperate attempt to create his own legacy character and make an already bloated supporting cast worse with a generic wannabe robin whose only defining trait is her haircut and grrl power attitude
ftfy
>>
>>47747277
No.

>>47747325
I like how bloated the Bat Family is. I just wish most of them didn't get retconned out of existence.
I also like dyke hair
>>
File: 1462874586817.jpg (188 KB, 682x1082) Image search: [Google]
1462874586817.jpg
188 KB, 682x1082
What's a super concept you've always wanted to see, but have never seen/seen done well?
>>
File: 65587_chicken_mask__79565_zoom.jpg (151 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
65587_chicken_mask__79565_zoom.jpg
151 KB, 1280x1024
>>47747597
I've got a few I'd like to see
>guy whose super intelligence doesn't equal "I have a PHD in everythingogly" like Mr. fantastic.

>similarly guy with super intelligence who isn't a necrotic mess of a person. just a guy who likes building shit and learning about cool things out in the reaches of negative space.

>monstrous looking alien that looks like it could skin you alive with it's pinky, turns out to be a total bro and likes to spend time reading to orphans and making new favors of ice cream while still terrifying the fuck out of villains ad his no issues with his appearance at all expect for the fact that they don't make nice shirts in his size.

>Buddha as a super hero like thor or something. just something I thought would be cool.

>hell for that matter, just a setting where every superhero is a god. Yahweh and Allah team up to fit crime and try not to kill each other in the process. meanwhile Jesus and Buddha just get a apartment in toyko and chill.

>wannabe superhero that constantly gets asked by a mask "do you like hurting people?"
>>
>>47747597
A normal guy who's super power is cloning himself.

And I don't mean "poof" when they're dead clone, one that stays around and dies messily. A hero that literally buries villains in his own corpses.
>>
Has it been confirmed how different the Chromen colors are from each other? It seems like they are like dogs in that they have different "breeds" that excel at different things, blue scientists and red soldiers and all that. But are they still in the same species?

If I remember correctly, the Chromen purposely split up into different colors so they could all specialize in something. If that is the case, then at one point they had to have been the same species, but depending on how long they have been doing this, how fast they evolve and how different one color is from another, isn't it possible that they might have changed into completely different species from their ancestors and each other?
>>
>>47749142
maybe not completely different species but more like the difference between a wolf and a Chihuahua.
>>
>>47743196
>The animated series with Damian is great
Opinion disregarded.
>>
One idea I have for my next Superman expy is an alien lands in the rural USA, but NASA picked the odd meteor way before it passed the kuiper belt, identified what it was before it was past Mars and had the army ready to get the ship before it landed.

So the human looking baby alien is taken by the government instead of a good couple of farmers. The message about being their last hope, and eventually being more powerful than humans is watched by generals instead of Pa Kent.

BUT instead of the usual moronic "lets make him a living weapon" someone among the generals or the director of FBI or something has read some sci-fi, they know that shit doesn't work and usualy leads to the alien either destroying everything or becoming emperor of Earth.

In fact they've read Superman, so they decide to raise the kid with a stable and loving family (the fact that one or both of the parents are with the FBI/are former soldiers/are ex-CIA/something else is a bonus). They get a team of psychologists, psychiatrists and educators to keep an eye behind the scenes, get him in good schools with classes stealthly screened, get him in martial arts classes and the boy scouts, anything to make sure he is as much of a good guy as he can be.

In the end he is a Superman/Batman hybrid with usual flying brick package plus the equivalent training of a special forces soldier and an FBI detective.
>>
>>47750247
This heros name is Paragon.

Another hero I've made is Shooter (self named First Person Shooter, wanted to be called FPS)

He was a /k/ommando /v/irgin guy who dreamed of getting in the army despite his health problems and filled that desire with playing FPS games. Till one day his wish got answered. He woke up looking like a generic shooter character, muscular, crew cut and stubble, wearing some futuristic looking armor.

He immediately enlisted.

With help of the army he discovered he had gained a measure of superstrenght, and could regenerate from near fatal injury as long as he spent a few seconds without getting hit and touching a wall, he can store guns and ammo into a hammerspace inventory and absorb ammo just by touching them with his feet. His armor is a bulletproof to small calibers and bullet and explosion resistance, it also generates a small force field around him. The armor also generats a HUD for him including a map of several feet around him.

Eventually as he gains experience he can turn the guns in his hands into videogame sci-fi versions, like lasers, plasma guns or rail guns, create turrets, learn to use energy swords, improve his map/HUD, etc. the idea is that, literally, when the character gains exp, in-game he sees he gained exp. Partly based on the manwha The Gamer.
>>
Last hero/bump for the night.

This last one is my attempt to make a Batman, that is better than Batman at everything, but still more believable than Batman.

His story begins with a satanic cult magically killing and stealing the souls of 107 people. People fundamentally good, and all of them either actively making the world a better place, or poised to. Scientists and doctors, cops and private detectives, bilionaire philantropists and religious leaders, soldier and spies, reformed criminals and artists. Some of the literal best and brightes from around the world. Most died of seeming accidents or sudden aneurisms and heart attacks.

As they were about to commit the last murder, a proper sacrifice with dagger and altar, they were foiled by a beat cop. Fresh from the academy, not on his shift, he saw a bunch of weirdos carrying a reported kidnapped person, he tried to call reinforcements but his phone died so he went in alone. He would have died if one of his shots hadn't hit the soul collector, closing the portal to Hell and saving those 108 souls from being devored by the demon. But still bound by the magics these souls couldn't go to Heaven or any other afterlife, so the ritual forced them into joining with the poor cop.

What followed was an impressive demonstration of parkour, martial arts and champion marksmanship against the cultists. None of which were skills the poor young guy had earlier. Later he found these souls still lived through him, saw through is eyes, felt through his skin, in a symbiotic relationship. Given but a moment he could call on their skills, their life experience even their advice. Even more this had subtly changed his body making as strong as a russian soldier and olimpyc strongman, as agile and flexible as a shaolin master. He could also use them to process information and create plans a hundred times faster.

Using a skill boost power instead of buying skills allows for more points to go on other stuff
>>
>>47749661
I'm disregarding yours as well
>>
File: file.png (426 KB, 1176x990) Image search: [Google]
file.png
426 KB, 1176x990
>>47743216
Kentuky Rain sounds like such a sweetheart.
>>
>>47743216
Did you ever finish up an Extrahuman writeup by the way? Or was that someone else.
>>
File: file.png (435 KB, 1256x812) Image search: [Google]
file.png
435 KB, 1256x812
>>47748563
>>monstrous looking alien that looks like it could skin you alive with it's pinky, turns out to be a total bro and likes to spend time reading to orphans and making new favors of ice cream while still terrifying the fuck out of villains ad his no issues with his appearance at all expect for the fact that they don't make nice shirts in his size.

I had an idea for a cape character that was basically as grim, pouchy, toothy, angular, scary looking spawn rip off as humanly possible. And their thing was that they'd be a huge sweetheart. writhing their cloak and unfurling 90's chains and guns. only to fetch a cat from a tree, give it a little kiss and give it to the poor little kid that lost it.

screeching hellish insults at traffic as they guide an old lady across.

Drinking Decaf and brushing his many teeth.

Real boy scout.
>>
File: file.png (414 KB, 1219x934) Image search: [Google]
file.png
414 KB, 1219x934
>>47749142
>>47749232

I thought it was more of a societal construct rather than anything inherently physical.

Though if it was a societal construct that caused physical differences. that would be interesting.
>>
>>47752205
I'm for the physical differences kinda like dogs. You can tell they're apart of the same species but they're definitely different breeds
>>
>>47752237
I'd say a bit of both.

That way, blues are bred for their intellect, but Chroman Heirarchy dictates their talents would best be put into engineering and being general science bitches for the empire, rather than say a poet or a teacher. And Reds being better bred as soldiers and builders rather than say... well intellectuals and scientists.
>>
>>47752205
>Though if it was a societal construct that caused physical differences. that would be interesting.
That's what I was thinking. The Chromen are a single species with a mix of traits, they start dividing themselves into specific colors with specific traits to excel in, things get out of hand, and before they know it the Chromen species has dissolved into several different species. It could make for a good plot or bit of lore, if this development was unintentional and had some impact when it was discovered.

Like, some plan to eventually, once every color or "breed" had reached a point in their assigned field, begin matching all the different colors together over the course of several generations with the final result of a Chromen with mix of all the best parts of all the colors. That would either be the initial goal of the splitting into colors, or, if you don't want to rewrite what we have for their history so far have we got into that yet? Sorry, I haven't participated here for a while I may be forgetting some thing that could just be the goal of some rogue groups that diverges from the established beliefs of the Chromen as a whole. In either case, it is found that a perfect Chromen is just not possible.

A hybrid like Blue Cobalt, a combination of two colors, is possible, but as a hybrid of two species she and other Chromen like her would be infertile, so the ability for the separate colors to combine their powers ends at one generation mixing only two, and a "final form" Chromen mixing the best of all of them is impossible.

I think it could make for a neat sci-fi story. The theme would be that total perfection is impossible, or a precautionary tale of getting overzealous when fucking around with your whole species. Maybe even some comparison with Nazis, though that may undermine what we have so far with the Chromen. Their thing is trying to help other alien species, but they do so very harshly and violently, right?
>>
>>47752408
>history so far have we got into that yet?
Nothing really. I think the most we had established is their societal structure,they conquer other worlds to make them comform to their system and when they rebel they eliminate them, and they have trouble with the brazilian heroine's race because they run away.
>>
File: file.png (759 KB, 2068x1702) Image search: [Google]
file.png
759 KB, 2068x1702
>>47752468
Are they straight up evil empire? Or do they just have a sort of rigid culture that enforces its values on people. Kryptonians with a bit of Judge Dredd rather than Gempire.

I imagined that they're a bit of an expansionist empire that upholds their own rigid and regimentialized set of laws on the other races of the cosmos.

Some species and planets kind of view totalitarian rule by Chromans as a better alternative to lawlessness and chaos brought on by previous rulers and space bandits.

That said there are others that are well off or are okay with their situation, that don't like the idea of being put through the chroman's own societal mesh.
>>
>>47752572
Feels like they have a "place for every person," maximum utility structure. It's not necessarily evil, but it seems cold and rigid to those of us that value personal freedom. They genuinely believe that their way is the right way - it eliminates conflict, poverty, hunger, disparity, and has let the Chroman expand far beyond their home planet. How could it not be proper?

I also believe they don't really like war, but see it as a regrettable necessity.
>>
>>47752572
>>47752752
I definitely feel like they don't view themselves as evil and they just want to maximize every race's potential. I feel like most of the Chromen wouldn't like war except the Chroma Red because he/she views it as an evolutionary experience for his group/race. It weeds out the weak and the war itself forces the other colors to get creative and provide new technology to beat a new threat.
>>
>>47752752
You know in keeping with a vague 'painting' metaphor we have going on with the Chromans

Their thinking really strikes me as similar to the modernists or bauhaus.
A creative aesthetic movement that philosophized that "if things were done the bauhaus way everyone in the world would be better off."

If everything in your house was modernist you'd become an enlightened and intelegent individual.

I can't recall the name of the specific architect, but he basically designed a house on commission, and then all the stuff inside. But the owner wanted to change the curtains or add some new furnishings (Something to that effect), and the artist basically went "WOah woah woah! that's not how I envisioned it! that's not how this house that you live in is meant to be lived in."

I wish I could recall their name.

I always found it funny that in art history, artists and movements that oppose facisim and rigid dogma and totalitarian rule, basically argue "IF things were done OUR way, life would be so much better."
>>
>>47752893
Huh that's interesting
>>
File: file.png (82 KB, 337x248) Image search: [Google]
file.png
82 KB, 337x248
>>47752936
I think it might've been Walter Gropius, but I'm not sure if that is right.

Regardless early Modernists are weird.

For example.
This house has a elevated bit for this wonderful recent invention called cars to come in and park. And the first thing you see on the interior of the house his a pillar with a sink attached.

the reason why its there is because cars are important and you drove your shiny new car to get here, you'll want to wash your hands right away! its "ergonomic"!

It also goes without mentioning that these flat roofed modernist houses are leaky as shit. The roofs weren't angled to let water run off the sides, so while these big flat topped squares are pretty looking they weren't as useful as they were purported to be.

Weird art history stuff may not exactly be thrilling superhero discussion I know, but the parallels to art and architecture could bring some depth.

They think they know what's right and good, but its not good for everyone, or not as good as they thought.

Or their general design aesthetic can be something like out of a Piet Mondrian painting.
>>
>>47743722
Yep, we're having cancer metastasing from wodg.
>>
>>47748563
>guy whose super intelligence doesn't equal "I have a PHD in everythingogly" like Mr. fantastic.

Fuck Mr. Fantastic. He figures out all this science shit and tells nobody. Keeps it all a secret from everybody except other science superheroes. He could advance human understanding and technology hundreds of years, and instead he spends his time fighting the Evil Dr. McBad Dingbats instead of curing, I don't know, death.

I want to see a villain who has as much a problem with that as I do, and spends all of his time reverse engineering superscience (And keep trying to break into the Baxter Building to steal all of Fantastic's tech) specifically to release it into the world.
>>
>>47753296
Keep your whining in that thread
>>
>>47753360
What exactly would make this hypothetical villain a villain? Seem pretty heroic if all they do is find a good use for abandoned superscience.
>>
>>47753382
Or how about you keep yourself to it instead
>>
>>47753383
Well, he'd be breaking the law, breaking into government vaults to loot villaintech, that kind of thing. Even if he's not really a 'villain', he'd be labelled as one. And then soon he'd probably cross paths with other heroes who try to take him in.

The way I envision him, he doesn't even really have a name for himself. He's just a pretty portly guy. Beer gut, unshaven stubble, some goggles... He's not very imposing, and he doesn't have much personal power. No real laserbeams or teleportation.

But what he does have is a bunch of small shitty stations everywhere. Each one has a satellite dish, a screen, and they're all networked somehow. Just so that whenever he claims any new tech, he can distribute it immediately.

And that's the thing- He doesn't build anything unless he can understand it. And he doesn't use it until he's released that information. He's not smart enough to make new shit, but he *is* smart enough to reverse-engineer all this stuff..

I also have an idea of him hiring supervillains to do the B&E when he can't. I'm not sure how he'd get money though.
>>
How do you guys go about recreating inner team drama and relationships? For example, in any given issue of the Avengers one hero will dislike another, one hero will be pining for another, etc. Do you just let that happen organically or?
>>
>>47753788
Actual comics books are often real shoddily written, by far not everything from them should be taken as gospel.

Do not force drama, let it arise naturally. If it doesn't arise, still don't force it. If it arises too far, bring it down.
>>
File: Breaking Bad Twinkies.jpg (279 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Breaking Bad Twinkies.jpg
279 KB, 500x750
How would you incorporate the great tradition of Hostess products assisting super heroes into Cape World or any other super hero setting?

Have you ever done anything with not-Hostess products?
>>
>>47755099
Have the villain steal forty hostess cupcakes
>>
>>47755523
>Stealing forty cakes
Holy shit man, what kind of grim dark cesspool is your campaign world like?
>>
>>47755528
That's as many as four tens
>>
File: luthor.jpg (32 KB, 160x146) Image search: [Google]
luthor.jpg
32 KB, 160x146
>>47755596
And that's terrible
>>
>>47752007
Haven't finished him yet, but he's coming.
>>
>>47748563
Buddha would be a kickass hero. Bodhisatvas were basically super heroes. Put one on a team with a pagan goddess and a Saint and you got something interesting.

I remember Thunder Mind of the Great Ten achieved Budha hood but they never really did much with him besides job him out.
>>
>>47748642
That could be a really neat power. If the super bank robber doesn't surrender right now he's going to have to deal having a body count on his hands.

Having to fight an army of clones fine with being killed would rattle any non psychotic super baddie. Is getting away really worth killing a small army?
>>
>>47749232
>>47749142
>>47752205
>>47752321
I'd say it's a bit of both. It's breeding and social engineering.
>>
>>47752752
>>47752572
>>47752468
>>47752408
I see the Chrimans being like the British Empire. They believe strongly in the Chroman's Burden. They're advance and perfect and they owe it to other races to make them as perfect as they are.
Sometimes the stupid savages fight back and have to be educated in what's best for them.

Sometimes they're a good influence on the galactic community because they take down genocidal and despotic civilizations. Think of them like Rome.
>>
>>47752205
The green one kinda reminds me of Yellow Diamond
>>
File: zyw7XWkTQUE.jpg (139 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zyw7XWkTQUE.jpg
139 KB, 1280x720
so to reawaken the tread I ask it, how would the heroes in your setting handle Civil War.
would they fight, try to talk it out, would they be all for or against it?
>>
>>47732910
Telekinetic who releases a high frequency scream in order to lift things. Scream also functions as an EMP
>>
File: Purikura_Booth_2.jpg (124 KB, 659x960) Image search: [Google]
Purikura_Booth_2.jpg
124 KB, 659x960
>>47744327
Nice idea and I do have a race of sentient robots already that could fit the bill. The hero Jetboy is a basically a "teen" robot that transforms into a starfighter. Perhaps they get technology from that race and the Titan Project (Sentinel exps)?

Thanks for the ideas.

>>47745065
I have several magical girls I know of currently operating. Gemini is technically a magical girl although she has all of the powers of her team magnified and is now a young adult wonder woman.

I also have a magical princess from one of the higher realms called Origin, suspected as the birthplace of humanity. She travels to alternate dimensions and realms in a magical ship that looks like one of those japanese picture booths.

Personality is much like Star from Star vs the forces of evil meets the Doctor. Although I made the character like six years ago so I found that show to be quite funny.
>>
File: 1464970514415.png (373 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464970514415.png
373 KB, 640x480
What are some good, semi-realistic superpowers?
>>
>>47759514
>realistic
>superpowers
>>
>>47759514
>semi-realistic superpowers?

Being a savant.

I have this character idea for a savant analysist, that servers as the BBEG. Works for CIA or maybe some private military corporation with mobile suits. His plans are byzantine, the reason for his missions is never quite clear. He will always try to occupy the high ground, via satellite, air superiority or drones. His first mission is named operation skyhook.

Original toroid steel.
>>
>>47759550
semi-realistic*
>>
File: sick flips.png (125 KB, 1009x1000) Image search: [Google]
sick flips.png
125 KB, 1009x1000
>>47758132
I think a Civil War scenario in Cape World might be interesting. A Superhero Registration Act seems like a forward-thinking modern idea that I'm sure has come up in Cape World in the past, though not with success as we still have characters with secrets. Many institutions and some of the "smart" characters, like Stark and Richards in Marvel, would be for it. Those against it would have more standing than in Marvel, because it's not so much a matter of tradition, though that would still bring old school capes to that side, but free spirits-literally in the case of Bob Cat and others-would be against the principle of the act, using good old mental/spiritual Earth wisdom and citing examples of times governments fucked things up with capes and time capes working outside government supervision did a better job than the government could have, to make valid arguments beyond "muh tradition". With the sides more even as a debate, a Cape World civil war has potential to be more drawn out or worse than Marvel's.

But Cape World is a setting better equipped to handle super politics than Marvel's U.S. Capes are more integrated into everyday life and politics, capes actively help make the world a better place in ways beside beating the shit out of bank robbers and super villains. Chance that the civil war would become an actual war with outright violence is much lower than in Marvel's setting. There would still be a very big divide, politics might get dirty, and feelings would definitely be hurt.

As for individual characters, Ms. Cryptic might see a registration act as good for discovering and helping "weird" superhumans. Her spiritual and edgy psychic friends would be against it, so she might be against it for their sake. Either way she'd be torn.

Captain Justice of the past would definitely be against it, and the modern Justice would to, but considering how different he is from his predecessors, he might surprise and be for registration.
>>
File: trinity fighting with herself.png (145 KB, 603x463) Image search: [Google]
trinity fighting with herself.png
145 KB, 603x463
>>47759867
Kentucky Rain might panic at the thought of having to register, revealing that he has been lying about the extent of his powers, or he might be all for it seeing it as a way to better handle him and potentially super-destructive capes like him.

Other characters with secrets might be against registration. Turnpike, one of the most popular superheroes in the Statesmen and an inspiration for aspiring runners and athletes in New Jersey and worldwide, wouldn't want to publicly register his super speed as "actually it's just super drug addiction"

Virginia Daring, the "fun loving ditzy sex bomb" bikini modeling super model as a hero, normal girl who just wants to spend time with her father and crippled grandfather while she still can without cameras fucking constantly in her face and other areas as a civilian, would be very adamantly against making her secret identity public knowledge.

>>47753788
The Generals would be interesting to see, and there might be some drama there. I figure it would go like this
>Chase for registration, sees it as forward-thinking and responsible and all
>Baron against it, mystic knowledge saying fuck mortal politics I'm a wizard
>Spiritual Baron also against it because fuck human conventions spirits don't need politics
>Things don't get much worse than their usual arguments because of Psinobe using her mind reading to better act as peacekeeper, keeping the team functioning and keeping arguments from getting too bad
>Out of the blue, the psychic-resistant Blue Cobalt steps in and reveals that she very strongly opposed to registration, to the surprise of the others, comparing it to Chromen policies.
>Trinity may be against registration simply because she is young and enjoys superhero gimmicks like masks and secret identities
>But now that her father is for it and alien mom and spirit mom are against it she is very unsure and torn between sides

What do you guys think about Cape World civil war? Any other ideas?
>>
>>47759867
>and the modern Justice would to
Meant "and the modern Justice would be expected to as well
>>
>>47730757
I'm currently running the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Civil War event, but my PCs' team has fairly handily agreed on anti-Registration side, so it's been fairly limited to PC v. NPC: Dawn of Civil Liberties Disputes.
>>
>>47759891
>>47759867
Extrahuman I'd imagine would be anti-registration because the fear that they may realize he might not be human.
>>
File: TRY UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.jpg (76 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TRY UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.jpg
76 KB, 1920x1080
>>47759514
You could just focus on enhancing natural abilities, like super strength, super durability.

Kind of depends on what you mean by "superpowers". If special training or surgical enhancements or cybernetics count, then you can have a lot of "semi-realistic" superpowers. Especially if you do cybernetics with Metal Gear's "semi-realism".
>>
>>47755099
Virginia Daring already kind of does that with swimsuits. She not only models but wears them when doing superhero stuff, even wearing them in "several steamy catfights available on youtube with villianesses such as the sand-woman and bully BEACH BABE and mischievous fire spirit and arsonist SPITFIRE." She's probably making them a lot of money with stuff like that.

I'm sure the Blockbusters have a ton of product placement deals. Things were probably more elaborate and involved, too, in all those staged fights, much to the confusion of the newest blissfully ignorant member Country Gal

>Earthmother's mind control ray has Superstar fighting the Blockbusters
>Country Gal believes this is an actual crisis and calls for Heiress, hoping her psychic powers might help somehow
>Hollywood Hero doesn't lift a finger to help
>Claims he can save their rogue teammate
>Looks directly into hidden camera and pulls candy bar from utility belt
>"Only the crunchy nougat and delicious taste of a not-Snickers can snap him out of it!"
>Gets in a dramatic close range fight with Superstar, insisting "you're not you"
>Ends with Hollywood Hero forcing the candy bar into his teammate's mouth
>"Better?"
>"Better."

Once Country Gal changes things and takes control as Barnstormer, that may change. Or it might not, I'm sure they get a lot of money from those deals, money that could help them fight actual crime. Could give her a bit of a dilemma there.

On the other side of things, I wonder if the potato scientist would ever consider paying heroes to use his revolutionary but underrated inventions to give them more attention.
>>
File: Security.png (2 MB, 7687x10000) Image search: [Google]
Security.png
2 MB, 7687x10000
>>47759514
you were born with a very rare mutation that gave you very dense bones. You are very resistant to injury and have a stronger than average.

you have difficulty swimming though....
>>
>>47760185
have you tried to make one of them go pro-reg?
>>
Quick! I need ideas for two medium-power super heroes for guest characters in my modern capes game. Setting up at a shop with friends and I was told by the owner to bring extra characters in case other customers wanted to join.
>>
>>47762970
Make a bit of a game out of it.

Make one super strong, super tough powerhouse character that can immediately do a lot of damage.
Make one speedster.

Whoever goes with the powerhouse obvious choice of the better character is left in the dust as characters gain levels and it becomes clear that speedsters are bullshit.

Also, what system are you using?
>>
>>47762970
Cyborg from teen titans (old one, not new baby reboot one).
Brick that absorbs physical impacts to buff his defenses and make him stronger.
>>
>>47763035
Champions complete, so no speedsters with quickness 20 building houses between punching people.
>>
>>47753296
oh man is it that autistic fuck pdfanon?
>>
so /ccg/ have any of you tried to make a super setting in time periods other then modern?
how did it go and what was the setting?
>>
>>47760595
But Extrahuman's a human! he has nothing to hide.
He'd be very pro-registration. In his human persona perhaps?

I guess I mention pro registration because there doesn't seem to be many other pro-registration folks. Beyond Ms. Cryptic.

That said. I kind of like that this is a smaller button issue, in the cape world, something people argue about but won't really start fights over unless things get particularly heated. It be something on a politicians agenda along with things like healthcare and tax balancing. Not quite the "Driving question of the age".

That said because it is such a "Civil" topic. it makes me thing that we might need something other than registration as an instigator for civil war.
>>
>>47763687
Well let's think who'd be Pro. I'd imagine most of the Hollywood team,Doc Chase, Psinobi, and maybe the Outliers?
>>
>>47763089
>Cyborg from teen titans (old one, not new baby reboot one).
what's the difference?
>>
>>47765224
and I have no clue why I posted that pic god i'm tried
>>
>>47765224
New 52 is apart of the Justice League and his cybernetics are a result from a Mother Box
>>
File: Damien Tried.png (395 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
Damien Tried.png
395 KB, 500x447
>>47730757
>>
>>47765586
yeah this place is pretty dead.
new thread next Saturday?
>>
>>47765610
Yeah, Saturday or Friday. I think Friday would be better because these threads tend to drag on for a couple days, usually into weekdays as it is.

I for one would still be happy to participate in a thread next week, and this one too for however much longer it lasts.
>>
>>47763721
I'd imagine the Statesmen for the most part would support it
>>
>>47753360
Do you plan on putting any restrictions on how far that player can force the tech level past what the GM wants to have the world be at?
>>
What weakness can you think for a hero who can turn things into ice? apart from not working on living things
>>
>>47767699
Fire or heat. It makes it harder to use their powers, and if you want to make it especially damaging, make them like Mr. Freeze or something where their body has to be kept cold. Like their heart or skin or whatever turned to ice.

Apart from that, maybe make it less effective the more complex the material you're trying to turn into ice is. If there is some pure, elemental substance, like just a ton of pure iron, it can be turned to ice very quickly and easily. Iron tempered with something else is just a little more difficult, some machine with a mix of iron and other metal or plastic materials is much more difficult to turn to ice, and so on. You could also use that to explain why the ice power cannot be used on living things; living tissue with all the blood and minerals and cells and shit that make it up is so complex it the ice power just won't work at all.
>>
>>47767793
That is wonderful explanation for why it can freeze living tissue and adds another weakness, thanks!
>>
>>47767699
Maybe they can't freeze things when the air isn't humid enough. Not enough water in the air- it just becomes snow rather than ice.
>>
>>47763303
I have a soft spot for super heroes from other time periods.

Has anyone ever thought of WW1 era supers?

I just want to see some some of flying German noble with a sword fight bi-planes.
>>
>>47759867
>But Cape World is a setting better equipped to handle super politics than Marvel's U.S. Capes are more integrated into everyday life and politics, capes actively help make the world a better place in ways beside beating the shit out of bank robbers and super villains. Chance that the civil war would become an actual war with outright violence is much lower than in Marvel's setting.

This is my favorite thing about Cape World so far.
>>
>>47770035
Plots to make heroes fight each other are often pretty dumb and wouldn't happen in sensibly handed settings.

Seriously, shit's so bad Super Hero Taisen's plot of
>two guys belonging to different groups of heroes learn that monsters are planning to get those groups to fight each other; they proceed to jumpstart the fight between two groups in order to figure out and derail the next phase in the monsters' plans
is one of the more making sort of sense ones.
>>
File: 26thbattalion.jpg (95 KB, 640x339) Image search: [Google]
26thbattalion.jpg
95 KB, 640x339
>>47768742
I had one idea for a WW1 super named storm trooper.
he was a sniper for the Canadian Expeditionary Force whose gun was made from a forest that natives used to make rain sticks. the gun gave minor and very local control over the weather.
>>
>>47759867
They way I picture it America would have Registration as a hot-button political issue, but as it currently stands America is very pro-anonymity. Its why they're the headquarters for the MASQUERADE organization from Kentucky Rain's write-up.

You're supposed to visit a SUPER CLINIC when you start noticing super powers to make sure you aren't going to start emitting radiation, but the information remains between you and your doctor unless you willingly sign off for the information to be accessed by the government and public.

The government and public being what they are though sudden information links probably happen more often than they should. And the CIA no doubt has records of questionable legality.

As for supers being under government control America would have "good" and "bad" examples of this from other countries. China and Russia have mandatory military/government service for their supers. Japan and Germany keep public databases. Supers have to join the military in Korea, but they're given such great perks that most don't find a problem with it (they really want to shore up their power levels being sandwiched between China and Japan which is why Korea is so nice to its supers).
>>
>>47770733
As for individual statesmen and where they would stand...

MOUNTAIN LION wouldn't give two shits if just a government database. They already have her on file due to her criminal background. If its a public database though she'd be against it. She doesn't want average joes to know that she used to be an eco terrorist.

PITT FIGHTER would be against it. He's very stubborn on an individual's right to choose.

BLUE CRAB hates politics and would try his best to be neutral. He doesn't want the STATESMEN to be dragged into political partisanship. Both sides would try to recruit him given his pull with the super hero community.

KENTUCKY RAIN would be for it. He's very trusting of organizations and a strong super hero authority would make him feel safer about his matter control powers, although the thought of his matter control powers going public would scare the shit out of him at first.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 738x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 738x658
>>
>>47771847
I love you to rightclops.
>>
>>47771847
>>47772206
What plotline is that cyclops from?
>>
>>47759867
>>47759891
It's honestly a great setting to have a mutant registration/civil war game because unlike in marvel the government of cape world is not
Outrageously evil. No hydra infiltrators or sentinel programs. They're just the government.

Million dollar question: where would Libertas stand?
>>
>>47771847
that kind of makes me wonder does cape world have anysort of "superhero that tired of the status quo and try's to change it by any means necessary" kind of guy?
and does anyone have that type of hero in their own settings?
>>
Challenge: create a team of characters straight out of the 90s grim and gritty era

Hard mode: make them good

Hell mode: make them good while having them tick as many stereotype boxes as possible

Impossible mode: give the team a rouges gallery and plot line
>>
>>47773868
It's hard to find someone like that in cape world because it's very anti-useless reed Richards. The status quo does change. Closest would probably be the Rainbow Snake and his team from Austalia who want to slowly merge the three Earths in harmony and fight the power of true archon like Atlanteans
>>
File: 1465082699083.jpg (902 KB, 1500x2250) Image search: [Google]
1465082699083.jpg
902 KB, 1500x2250
Just joined a Wild Talents game where I'm playing a hyper intelligent 19 year old who built some power armor. His name is Errant and I'm enjoying that he takes public transportation.
>>
>>47747597
Loved that editions heroes. Shame they couldn't live up to that touch ever again after that. That and the system is shit.
>>
Statesman guy here. Working through Connecting-Cut and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for some of his special swords.
>>
>>47775123
one of the masamune swords is a must.
>>
File: east-vs-west-culture.png (124 KB, 285x250) Image search: [Google]
east-vs-west-culture.png
124 KB, 285x250
>>47773898
east vs west. what do the heroes of America think of the heroes of japan and vise vasa in your setting or in cape world?
I ask mainly do to have a image of little Timmy the imaginary giant mech pilot from last thread arguing with dream warrior over who's imaginary friend is better while said friends are in the back having tea.
>>
>>47777161
Both sides amusingly enough see each other as too violent, drawing on Getter team and Punisher stereotypes.
>>
>>47777161
Both sides amusingly enough see the other as too violent drawing in Punisher and Getter team stereotypes.
>>
>>47741208
there was a very good issue of Astro City that covered courtroom drama in a superhero world.
>>
>>47777891
Plot ideas:

The trial involves not only human law, but magic/divine/cosmic law. What does your super defense team do when the prosecution is the specter or the living tribunal?

The trial has been compromised by psychic interference! Harmful thought-forms plague the jury during the trial! Your psychic PCs have to fight then off and keep order in he court-and maybe figure out where they're coming from!
>>
File: globalsec50.jpg (172 KB, 800x496) Image search: [Google]
globalsec50.jpg
172 KB, 800x496
>>47773898
>Challenge: create a team of characters straight out of the 90s grim and gritty era
Hard mode: make them goodHell mode: make them good while having them tick as many stereotype boxes as possible
Impossible mode: give the team a rouges gallery and plot line
challenge accepted! just give me a bit to write this all up.

Team name: BLOOD KNIGHTS

A team of temporally displaced future knights from the post apocalyptic world of 2010. They fight to insure that the radioactive hell scape they came from never occurs.

The leader is Arthur Gundragon, once an idealistic young man. He loved stories of the knights of the round table, however when the bombs fell in the late 90’s, he lost everything he had ever known and loved, adopting a new name to sound tough to raiders he began wandering the wastes. He made a name for himself as the best gunman in all the nukelands with his trademark rifle Caliber. Years later he meet the A.I supercomputer MERLIN who told him what caused the nuclear holocaust.
>>
>>47778686
forgot to add part 1/?
>>
>>47777161
Meowing midori is probably anxiously looking forward toward a rematch with Bob Cat after she suckered her during that fighting tournament. There's one East vs West rivalry.

Maybe that could be one of Bob Cats story hooks? Midori roams around the Missisipi trying to get Bob Cat
to fight with her again and Bob Cat trolls her as her "side kick" as Midori follows her around on adventures.
>>
>>47774086
How many people try to write shit on his armor when they think he's not paying attention?
>>
>>47773868
Liberals want legalize alien marriage
>>
File: IBM_Blue_Gene_P_supercomputer.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1391) Image search: [Google]
IBM_Blue_Gene_P_supercomputer.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1391
>>47778686
part 2/?

MERLIN was made as part of PROJECT AVALON. In the event of a worldwide cataclysm MERLIN was supposed to help rebuild society with the aid of a human ruler and give guidance and order to a no doubt chaotic world

However it’s twin, MORGAN was made to try to prevent that cataclysm from ever happening in the first place. Unfortunately she felt that the only way for mankind to survive was to kick start the apocalypse on their terms and let MERLIN do his job.
>>
>>47778993
I'm liking this already!

Needs a dude with claws. Every team had a not-wolverine back in the day.
>>
File: holy-grail.jpg (61 KB, 660x364) Image search: [Google]
holy-grail.jpg
61 KB, 660x364
>>47778993
part 3/?

However as part of its duties MERLIN was given access to many top secret projects, such as the red and white DRAGON tanks and prototype KNIGHT armor so his chosen king would be well equipped to fight the savage hordes. One of these projects was a top secret time travel device codenamed HOLY GRAIL realizing that using this device could prevent the nuclear hellstorm, MERLIN asks arthur to find the HOLY GRAIL while hopefully finding him a suitable King in the process as a plan B.

Arthur seeing the chance to become a knight of justice like he always dreamed gladly accepts and sets out on his grand quest his hope and optimism, while not fully restored, begin to burn once more.

>>47779070
well I'm making this up as I go along so I may just do that
>>
>>47779123
part 4/?

Along the way he meets fellow warriors and freaks who join him on his quest, spurred on by his message of hope and a chance to escape a hopeless world.

The first was Guinevere, one of many slaves freed from their cruel master by arthur. Guinevere was once a princess of a nomad tribe that many claimed processed the power of shapeshifting. A slaver found out this rumor was true and captured the tribe forcing them to act as assassins and prostitutes. Arthur, seeing their plight and falling in love with what he thought was genevieve's beauty killed the slaver and many of his fellow thugs.

However once he did the reason for the nomadic nature of the tribe became apparent.

When at rest the people of the tribe looked like freaks, their bodies not knowing how a normal person is supposed to look unless told. Guinevere herself possessed legs longer than the rest of her body, a waist that seemed like it would snap at any moment and oversized breasts.

Feeling indebted to Arthur she decided to aid him in his quest, Arthur while tooken back to her appearance nevertheless accepted feeling he could use all the help he could get.
>>
File: Fulgore_Activated.png (4 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fulgore_Activated.png
4 MB, 1280x720
>>47779626
part 5/?
The second was Lancelot. a crazed combat cyborg who roamed the wastes looking for greater glory in combat, a master of all known forms of weaponry and an expert marksmen with laser weapons by integrating his cybernetics with their targeting computers, he nevertheless prefers bladed weaponry for the challenge against gunslingers making use of his arm blades to slice them to ribbons.

He came to Arthur, attacking him from the blue and forcing him to fight. When Arthur, with the help of Guinevere, managed to trap him Lancelot land down his arms and prepared for death. instead Guinevere convinced Arthur to spare Lancelot and lancelot that if he desires battle he should come with them to the HOLY GRAIL as they would come against many warriors in their journey. Lancelot joins them and as the journey goes on begins to feel love for Guinevere causing him and Arthur to butt head for her affections, despite this Lancelot will follow Arthur to hell itself both out of respect as a warrior and knowing that doing the right thing will draw many strong and powerful people to him.
>>
Duplicate creating street-level hero with a boxing background that he uses to punch thugs and keep drugs off of the streets.

He calls himself Shadowboxer.

Dumb or VERY dumb?
>>
>>47780371
It sounds okay. Not good but not bad either.
>>
>>47780371
Nope, great name. I love duplicating heroes and villains. M&M had one in their 90's Iron Age supplement called Slamdance, though I thought Mosh Pit was more appropriate.

I came up with one for Cape World WWII Germany called Der Fechter, though I never got around to writing him up. But he'd be a skilled swordsman that uses group tactics.
>>
>>47779977
I'm staring to like making it. it's almost done by the way.
>>47779977
part 6/8
The third was Marrok the holy beast man. Born with a rare disease that made him grow hair all over his body, Marrok thought his life could not get worse but when the bombs fell the radiation made him mutated in a wolf like beast. Hunted down for being a freak, Marrok thought his life was over until he meet a wise blind monk who healed and sheltered him. The monk was old and sickly from the radiation and seeking someone to pass his healing arts down too and Marrok was good as anyone.

Marrok spent several years learning his sensei's ways and battling raiders who came to close to his home until the old man finally died from cancer. Marrok from there on wandered the wastes healing others and bringing justice to the land, looking for a way to achieve his masters dream of healing the world.

He heard of Arthur’s quest and traveled far and wide to reach them until he finally met them, saving them from a dictator who wanted Lancelot's tech to achieve immortality. He then joined them for the rest of the quest.
>>47780371
little cheesy but I like it.
>>
>>47780568
>I'm staring to like making it. it's almost done by the way.
meant to ask if anyone was enjoying that I had so far but it got cut off half way.
>>
File: bloodpouch.jpg (132 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
bloodpouch.jpg
132 KB, 600x607
>>47780568

The last was was Kay the giant. Kay’s father was a guard of the GRAIL site and spent his whole life guarding it so no one could mess up the world more terribly than it was by traveling back in time. When Kay’s father died he intrusted his young son to guard the place in his stand. When the team arrives at the site the group is greeted by a tidal wave of gunfire. When the battle is over they find that the one firing on them was extremely large man with overdeveloped muscles, far too many pouches, blank white eyes and the mind of a ten year old.

Kay’s father wanted to give his son a edge to help him in his duties, so he gave him a super soldier serum that PROJECT AVALON was working on. The project was incomplete however and caused him to rapidly age and his large muscles made him much slower than him much slower than he should be. However he still had the mind of a lonely child who just wanted to fulfil his dad's last wish. Once the team explained their purpose, he let them in the lab on the condition that he come along so he wouldn't be left behind by his new friends and be lonely again.
>>
>>47762970
>Kid-Hercules
Your typical Shazam hero where they're actually a kid who finds themselves with Super-Powers. He's magic in origin and is Strong, Invulnerable, and able to leap great bounds. He's very enthusiastic and is trying his best to prove himself to other heroes that he's capable of being a hero too
>X-Plode
Living Energy character, has to wear a special containment suit to keep himself together. Able to explode at will but has a problem with restraint. He can unintentionally kill pedestrians or villains if he isn't careful enough and always leaves a trail of destruction in his path
>>
>>47780838
forgot to add part 7/8
and that the super solider serum was codenamed YOUNGBLOOD.
>>
>>47780838
part 8/8

Once they used the HOLY GRAIL they set to work finding and destroying MORGAN.

MORGAN realizing that her days are numbered, makes a clone from arthur's DNA named Mordred to act as her counter to the team and tries to reprogram lancelot into betraying the others. guinverive helps him fight it with the power of love, Arthur is nearly killed in the battle with mordred but they advert the end of the world. But they had never thought this far ahead and now have no idea what to do now with their lives.

Until MERLIN and PROJECT AVALON asks them to take over MORGAN’s place in preventing the end of the world by any means necessary, the team accepts and becomes the newest and most controversial super team on the block...
BLOOD KNIGHTS!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>47781062
so what did you guys think? did I do good?
>>
>>47777161
They work together as the organization they "work" for is global, a few are a bit more proud of their own and stick to their own country while others are full weeaboos/westaboos and frequently visit and help out the other nation.
One particularly famous Japanese super-heroine has the hots for an American hero but has the issue of her fame/idol status deterring her from actually coming out about it.
>>
>>47780568
>Martial arts werewolf future knight
I love this team already.

>>47780591
I'm digging it.
>>
>>47781076
You did good anon. Would be interesting to see how the Cape World Round Table interacts with them. I always like seeing alternate universe/timeline versions of characters interact.

>>47781139
Creepy long-haired ghost girls in Japan want Haunter to be their onee-sama.
>>
>>47781188
She's Tony Stark if he was a mutant that made him an infinite battery to his equipment and also was a speedster. The American she likes is a dorky mechanic kid that's a relatively no-named hero with bright-eyed goals. She doesn't want the media going apeshit at him if she confesses and they become a couple.
>>
File: YARE YARE.png (302 KB, 888x1361) Image search: [Google]
YARE YARE.png
302 KB, 888x1361
>>47781188
>Creepy long-haired ghost girls in Japan want Haunter to be their onee-sama.
I would very much like that.
>>
>>47780371
Damn, I came up with this exact combination of powers + the name Shadowboxer, although in my version he's an edgy villain who worships darkness.
>>
>>47781237
A motorcycle themed power armor heroine and CEO of her own company falls in love with a scrappy American grease monkey trying to make his own power armor?

It does sound cute. Maybe it begins as a student-mentor relationship that turns into something more..
>>
>>47781188
>Would be interesting to see how the Cape World Round Table interacts with them. I always like seeing alternate universe/timeline versions of characters interact.
have to admit I totally forgot about them when I was making the BLOOD KNIGHTS.
the BLOOD KNIGHTS probably be more then a little jealous of their cape world counterparts, they get all sorts of cool powers, weapons and a fair amount of respect from the respect from the supers and civilians all while getting to eat nice food that hasn't been sitting in a can for years or is made of 60% tumors.
meanwhile the BLOOD KNIGHTS would be seen as a relic of a bygone era by the time the 90's ends and have to deal with the after affects of eating eradiated food, breathing toxic air, getting torn to shreds by years of fighting, PTSD and for Kay the side effects of YOUNGBLOOD and years of loneliness.
>>
>>47781520
>BLOOD KNIGHTS would be seen as a relic of a bygone era by the time the 90's ends and have to deal with the after affects of eating irradiated food, breathing toxic air, etc.

I think this could make a really neat adventure hook. Help these characters adjust to modern, happier, less Xtreme times. The PCs have to help BLOOD KNIGHTS tie up loose ends, find jobs, and find that happy end they all deserve for their suffering and sacrifices.
>>
>>47748563
So, in order:
Worm
Also Worm
Saint Young Men(?)
Worm.
>>
File: 1404890812700.jpg (587 KB, 1600x867) Image search: [Google]
1404890812700.jpg
587 KB, 1600x867
>>47763303
I'm currently trying to make them in a feudal fantasy setting.

Like, literally working on making the Justice League in D&D, but I'm pretty stumped on a couple of them.
>>
>>47781767
Which ones are you having trouble with?
>>
>>47781623
huh that might just be a good idea if I ever run a supers game. otherwise I might just try to make this a web comic one day, that might be fun.
>>47781685
>Worm
been meaning to read that for a while and not just the fan fics, besides Tinkers doesn't count they have info downloaded into their heads by space whales, they haven't actually learned it and by nature their a necrotic mess of a person by Triggering

>Saint Young Men
was wondering if any one would catch that shout out and he's still not a superhero in that one.
i'll give you that last one
>>
>>47781860
I was thinking Thinkers for your supergeniuses. There are people like Number Man whose sole power is pretty much instinctual understanding of math.

And yeah, a superhero spinoff of Saint Young Men would be great.

But yes, read Worm. Being Taylor is Suffering, and oh what suffering it is.
>>
>>47781840
Well, I know for sure Aquaman is a druid, I've been planning on having Batman be a wizard/rogue for a while, and I think Superman should probably be a cleric or favored soul.

Green Arrow is a ranger, Manhunter probably will be some psion but I'm not really sure where to go with him, and I have pretty much no clue for Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Flash.
I was thinking the Hasteblade prestige class for Flash, but I can't quite get it to work.

Hawkwoman, if I use her, would probably end up being a Favored Soul, as that's the easiest way to get wings. And Red Tornado is a Warforged sorcerer, most likely.

I was thinking of having them all fairly OP, and functioning somewhat on the outskirts of what the players are doing, being vaguely aligned with the rulers of the nation but in practice mostly independent. At the moment, I've had Superman introduced, and I've had an NPC who was helping the party that I had thought of as Manhunter in disguise.
>>
>>47781954
Wonder Woman is probably a fighter or a paladin, imo. Green Lantern is definitely a wizard. I'm not sure about Flash, although I'm sure there's some way to cheese and get absurd movement speed.

Actually fuck it, everyone in the Justice League is a wizard, I'm sure there's at least one spell for anything any of them can do.
>>
>>47781954
>Wonder Woman
fighter with lots of magic items or a paladin?
>Green Lantern
wizard or fighter with a item that lets him fight like a wizard?
>flash
rouge with all the speed buffs?
>>
>>47782016
I had been debating going "everyone is a cleric/wizard/druid," but I thought it might be more fun to try and go other routes.

I think paladin fits pretty great for WW, and maybe a wizard with a bunch of force spell focused prestige classes would work for Green Lantern.

Flash is surprisingly hard.
>>
>>47782037
I like the GL idea. Might consider Psychic Warrior with some psionic/magic items.

I had been thinking of rogue or monk with something like duskblade or sorcerer levels and the Hasteblade prestige class, and having him be pretty much permanently hasted, but that doesn't quite convey fastest man alive.
>>
>>47736526
Max Landis please go away.
>>
>>47781453
>>47781453
She's more light/rainbow themed than anything. And she's a few years younger than him (18 to 24).
The guy is a bit of a grease monkey though with a few cyborg body parts that he's constantly changing out and upgrading as needed.
>>
>>47779626
>When at rest the people of the tribe looked like freaks, their bodies not knowing how a normal person is supposed to look unless told. Guinevere herself possessed legs longer than the rest of her body, a waist that seemed like it would snap at any moment and oversized breasts.
ahh good ol' liefield
>>
>>47781076
Very good, edgy turning to light of hope is always good.

I'd also totally kamen rider Mordred but that's because I always totally kamen rider
>>
Did anybody bother to archive the previous thread?

What was going up in it, writeups for Statesmen and just general discussing?
>>
>>47788368
I don't think so
>>
>>47788368
>last thread lost forever.

We need to be more careful in the future. It was mostly just general discussion, but still.
>>
>>47789232
It's not yet, it's in the chan's archive >>47602271
For about three more days.
>>
File: Batman and Robin.jpg (205 KB, 835x1039) Image search: [Google]
Batman and Robin.jpg
205 KB, 835x1039
>>47782037
>>47782090
>>47781767
I love super teams from other times. I've always wondered what a Cape game set in the Stone Age would be like.

As for Justice League Dungeons and Dragons edition...hmmm...

Superman would be an OP as fuck Ranger. He was always a farmboy at heart, and being a Ranger allows him to travel around and spread news, sort of like a crier or a bard, and that could be a way to make him a kind of medieval reporter.

His favored prey is Evil.

Although there is something to be said of making a Superman that is a cleric of Rao. It plays to his healing/creative nature. And a lot of his stories deal with him being a link between mundane Earth and the utopia that was Krypton.

Batman would be the most powergaming wizard of all time. His utility belt holds spell components, and yes, he has prepared explosive Bat-runes.

Wonder Woman would be a fighter. Play up her gear as +10 magic items from the gods. Bracelets, tiara, and lasso. Bonus points if you give her that omni-weapon Warren Ellis gave her in Planetary.

Green Lantern, whatever Green Lantern, would be a Sha'ir who has to prove himself to his mini-genie that he obtained from the last Lantern that died. The Guardians are big blue super-powerful genie bosses. Qward is the City of Brass and the Ifreets are the Weaponers.

Flash would be an Eastern-style Cleric. Speed Force is Nirvana and he draws upon his connection to it to perform miracles. Lay on Hands is him healing you by boosting your vibrational aura.

Aquaman is a fighter like Wonder Woman that was lucky enough to roll up psionic powers that his player keeps forgetting to use.

Martian Manhunter is monk, because monk is weakest class and poor Jonn can't help but jobb the fuck out to everyone and everything.
>>
>>47747597
I really like the "Tromaverse" (Toxic Avenger/Nuke 'Em High, Kabukiman) and would like to run a supers campaign in a similar place, but set it in the 50s with anachronistic technology.

The mix of trashy, shitty people, sincere optimism in science, and juvenile delinquents would make a fun story
>>
File: wedding_wallpaper.jpg (78 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wedding_wallpaper.jpg
78 KB, 800x600
>>47778816
you know, that gives me a idea for a interesting plot hook for a game.
alien princess or prince crash lands on earth and falls in love with one of the natives and wants to make them their king/queen. the PCs have to figure out a way to deal with this in the best way possible as the aliens are not happy about the prince/ss marrying not only a commoner, but a commoner from a race that hasn't even left their solar system yet.
lots of alien assassins, politics and the threat of Intergalactic war looming over their heads to deal with, not helped by the groom/bride, who while a nice person, is not fit to be ruling a space empire.
>>
>>47789827
I'm picturing something like Hobo with a Shotgun meets Hotline Miami.

Lots of wonderful, wonderful, Troma violence.

How about a character like CAPTAIN SPACE who runs around in a space suit with an experimental ray gun that never effects a person the same way twice. It cooks them into a green skeleton one blast then turns them into smoke with another. Another blast makes electricity arc through the target's body.

Sometimes he just keeps shooting corpses to see what happens.

He fights commies and criminals.
>>
File: BEST BAD GUY TEAM OF ALL TIME.jpg (187 KB, 823x801) Image search: [Google]
BEST BAD GUY TEAM OF ALL TIME.jpg
187 KB, 823x801
Guys, I want to have my players fight not-The Circus of Crime.

I'd appreciate any ideas for sideshow/circus/carnival themed bad guys. I have 4 PCs so I'm thinking a team of 5 or 6 ba guys.
>>
>>47790361
>strongman
>fire breather
>sword eater
>lion tamer
>tightrope walker
>clown
>magician+his lovely assistant
>>
>>47790383
>strongman
telekinetic whose powers are limited by his own physical strength, as long as he can physically lift the object he can do so with his mind as well. his powers are temporally increased when flexing.
>fire breather
his power is heat control. not only can he breath fire but he can make his whole body hot enough to melt steel. his secret weapon is to lower the temperate of his body and make himself able to freeze people on touch as well as ice breath.
>sword eater
his stomach is a bag of holding and his mouth can open wide enough for any item to enter or leave. his fight is a endless barrage of gunfire, swords and bombs until he gets desperate and tries to eat the PCs.
>lion tamer
can fuse with his loin to become a powerful beast man, he can do it with others animals as well and mix and match their bodies. so you have to deal with a loin man with the hide of a elephant and the arms of a gorilla.
>tightrope walker
supreme balance, can not be knocked down and is a master staff fighter.
>clown
cartoon logic on real people, not a fun time.
>magician+his lovely assistant
the leaders and the most normal out of the whole group with only some decent hand to hand skills and clever tricks but their combat arena is filled with deadly traps and hidden passageways that only they and the other members of the circus know about and even then they only know small details.
>>
>>47790997
>>47790383
These are great! Thanks thread!
>>
>>47790361
>Ring-Leader
First of all, the main leader of the group. Has an array of ring based gadgets that wrap around whatever he throws them at. Also has shock collars on the rest of his team members just in case they start to revolt
>Contortioness
similar power to DC's Ragdoll. With bones like rubber, she's able to bend her body to nearly anything she wants. Physical attacks don't work as well on her because her body can absorb the blow
>Gorilla-Man
Super strong mutant freakshow that's covered in fur. Because of his size, he has multiple shock collars put around his body instead of just one
>Zoo Keeper
He's an Animal Tamer who can also control the minds of any animal he's near via an enchanted whistle. He also has a little monkey that rests on his shoulder that follows him wherever he goes
>Cadaver
He's a blind Marksman that makes up for his lack of sight with heightened hearing and an enhanced sense of touch. His main talent is knife throwing, but he's very talented at whatever he can get his hands on
>>
File: imagesJD39HWEO.jpg (10 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
imagesJD39HWEO.jpg
10 KB, 217x232
so in the hope of reawaking the thread I ask /ccg/
what ideas have you "borrowed" from other superhero stories and added to your own setting?
for me I've took the idea from worm to make my own Endbringers named Magia Beasts.
Magia Beasts are people whose magical powers (the reason for super powers to begin with) overwhelm there sense of self and turns them into embodiments of magic.
thankfully they aren't as overpowered as the Endbringers and can be beaten and later controlled by their users, so really they're more like a hulk with other superpowers then they are a Endbringer.
>>
>>47792768
Semi-Art/Writingfag here. I like to use analogues of preexisting characters for my own stories. Once you start thinking analogues as a basic template or outline, you can take the character in a whole new direction that makes it different from the original character. Its fun to think about how one single change to someone like Green Lantern or Superman could affect their personality and then try to piece together a world around those changes
>>
>>47748563

The Facilitator: a man with super social intelligence. He understands people on both an individual and group level so well that he can reliably guide whole societies. He uses this power to stabilize nations, revitalize economies, and resolve interminable conflicts. He realized early on that people would be terrified if they knew he existed, so he hides in the shadows and acts through intermediaries.
>>
>>47792768
Hyper crisis stuff. The multiverse is a living chemical equation, comics reflect other worlds, etc.
>>
Villain idea for my first M&M game I'm GMing:
King Tommy, a descendant of a minor member of British Royalty that was shipwrecked on a random pacific island with a royalist crew. After years of building a society based on the 1800's British Colonial Empire, a cache of alien technology was found underground. King Tommy is now using this technology to attempt to 'claim his throne' in the UK and restore it to it's 'glory days' as envisioned by the warped and exaggerated stories that were passed down over 150ish years of isolation.
Comedic value, dangerous alien technology, and a consistent conflict with other interested parties. What do ya think?

Also general advice on running M&M would be highly appreciated, most complex TTRPG I've learned so far in a town where no one plays them, gonna be interesting teaching my friends.
>>
>>47793555
I love bad guys like this, ones that aren't so much evil as just harmful. Bad guys like this provide ways to develop the world.

Maybe the PCs can help him create a nation of willing subjects?

A story hook involving the new nation could be King Tommy recruiting the PCs as talent scouts. He wants his nation to have its own super team, and promises to knight the PCs if they can assemble a team for him.
>>
>>47791459
Cadaver potentially an old west hero mummified and put in display? Maybe the first Captain Justice?
>>
File: Lg7eXn2.jpg (213 KB, 800x963) Image search: [Google]
Lg7eXn2.jpg
213 KB, 800x963
hey /ccg/ I have a bit of a question for you guys.
I've have this one villain I've been working on for a while, he's a gang boss with the power to turn into a dragon based on how much money he has.
when he's broke, he only gains some bulletproof scales and a increase to speed and strength. this is stage 1
at stage 2 when he does have some cash he gains things like horns, claws and a tail. he slows down a bit but his strength shoots up do to the increase in mass, he can also spit out a smoke screen at this point. looks similar to the pic.
at stage three he starts to hunch over as standing upright becomes a issue and can walk on all fours to move faster. though he can overcome this with training. he gains wings and is able to glide with them with a running start, he also can breath fire now. resembles a scaled gorilla then a dragon at this point.
at stage four he can turn into a full dragon and fly and becomes near invulnerability to all weapons unless they're magical ones.

what I was wondering was if I could have some help figuring out how much money it would take to become each stage?
I'm terrible with is sort of stuff and while I could just hand wave it that he has just enough to be a challenge, I'd like to have some sort of solid numbers for when someone asks.
>>
I sort of want to make a parody of the X-men as antagonists. They're super privileged dicks that play the martyr card and speak for everyone with super powers. They believe society is fundamentally structures to favor normals. Even if you don't support Sentinel programs by being normal you support the system that creates them. Check your privilege normies.

How can I make this concept work beyond taking the piss out of X men by making them super SJWs?
>>
>>47795080
Neat dragon hoard idea. Money is sort of abstract though. Like if his stock suddenly goes up does he gain any powers, or what if the dollar inflates? Wealth is always in flux so using it as a power level can can be tricky. Although imagine how fun it would be for the PCs to try weakening him by buying out his investments.

Maybe make it something that can always be measured. Like gold or diamonds. Maybe certain precious metals and gemstones change him in different ways? Rubies power up the fire breathe, diamonds boost the armor, stuff like that?
>>
>>47795080
Stage one is broke, and stage
Two is him with some dinero. Four is the goal and I figure 5 billion would be what it would take. It's a little more than The Donald. Stage three would be 2 billion, which is big shot crime boss money.

Hope this helps anon.
>>
File: G_Men.jpg (84 KB, 398x452) Image search: [Google]
G_Men.jpg
84 KB, 398x452
>>47795141
maybe have them make a few legit points about the anti super persecution? they're going about it in the entirely wrong way but if a government is spending millions on giant robots that will rampage though a city just to get at one super, something has seriously gone wrong.

maybe they lost their version of professor x or never met him to begin with and this is the only way they know how to make a difference or the current generation is riding on the coattails of the previous group that did do legitimate good things and helped make a more equal society if one that still has problems much like the current SJW and feminism of decades past?

the key to any good piss take is to not make the people you hate one note, make it so they have what makes the original thing good to really show what makes the bad parts so horrible or to put it in another way, don't go full garth Ellis on superheroes. it will just make you look like a hateful twat.
>>
File: 1344628649963.jpg (472 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
1344628649963.jpg
472 KB, 566x800
Guys I need help (Sorry for the shitty english)

I'm right now in the creation process of a huge cape setting, including all kind of supers (Super scientists, vigilantes, mages, super-spies, etc.) and I'm stuck with the names of two characters (and their offsprings):

The First is my "Superman": a kid by raised in a farm during the 1920's, sick with polio, that one day makes contact with an inteligent alien life form that needs a body survive (his race is so advanced in the fields of science that they developed their own sythetic bodies), and when they fuse, this new union creates a god-like super.

The other is my "Batman": He lives in a city full of mobsters, psychopaths and som night creatures. The original doesn't have any powers, the one wearing the suit on this days has night vision and some control of the darkness around him.

Any idea is well received.
>>
>>47796692

Superman: Amanuensis, from the Theosophical concept. A person that mentally receives the commands of an "ascended master". It relates to "Superman" being two beings in one body.

If that's too esoteric, then The Partner. He's a partner with the alien living inside his body, and he wants to be a Partner to the world helping them out and hopefully being helped by them in return. It underscores "Superman's" theme as being one of cooperation and trust.

Batman: Something very urban legend like Rooftop Runner, because people only see him running on rooftops.

Or Shadow Puppeteer, because he can make the darkness work for him.
>>
>>47795210
huh, I figured money would be the least abstract way to do it considering the power up I was planning to give him after a point, where precious things to him give him power. so friendships and bonds give him Just as much if not more power then cash.
half his powerset is mostly just to have a villain who can give a power of friendship speech and mean it.
as for the precious metals and gemstones thing I been considering doing something like that where he changes his scales to gain ability's based on the metal and gem but I think that would make him a little too overpowered even for a dragon.

>>47796692
>Superman: mega mix
>batman: night stalker
>>
>>47796692
They weren't that sophisticated in the 20s, they would have picked a myth to associate him with. Heck, make him English and from Kent just for fun. Then you can name him something like Arthur Pendragon or Sol Invictus.

Batman is always associated with the night, so just go with that. Phantom, Night Hunter, Darkfist, something a vigilante would come up with.
>>
File: file.png (64 KB, 637x472) Image search: [Google]
file.png
64 KB, 637x472
>>47796970
I'm surprised how long this thread has stuck around.

Any quick requests anons?
>>
>>47798234
Some of the giant robot stuff. Maybe Change Man? A robot based on Id, Ego, and Super-Ego could be fun to draw.

Meowing Midori trying to challenge Bob Cat to rematch only to find that's she's sleeping?

Some of the Outliers like Tape Deck and Demeter?

Other rounds of the all-female Ms Majesty tournament? I think Fisher-Girl vs Madam Delphine was next. It'll be cool to see Madam Delphine, I don't think you've drawn her yet.
>>
>>47798234
Maybe one of Australian capes like Rainbow Serpent and Great Barrier.
>>
>>47798412
>Bob Cat leaning against a wall with her hat over her eyes
>Midori thinks she's doing some sort of cool aloof thing
>Belts out her challenge
>Bob Cat snores
>>
>>47796850
>half his powerset is mostly just to have a villain who can give a power of friendship speech and mean it.
DESU senpai this is amazing.

>as for the precious metals and gemstones thing I been considering doing something like that where he changes his scales to gain ability's based on the metal and gem but I think that would make him a little too overpowered even for a dragon.
You could make it so he has to have a separate stockpile of each material to assume the form and then it doesn't count for pure strength.

So you could progress him through, from stage 1 to stage 3 as a growing challenge to heroes.
Then he figures out the different materials thing and splits off his wealth, reducing his raw power to stage 2 at max but with variable effects making up for it.
Then when he goes for friendship, he buffs up to 3 with variable effects; and eventually goes to 4.

Personally I'd save 4 for a case of "bigger evil" - when some not-Darkseid/Thanos show up to wreck shit, he joins up with the heroes.
After it becomes known, he gains the power to go to level 4, but there's still the thing that if he does so villainously, the world's respect for him will drop back down.
>>
>>47795639
>don't go full garth Ellis on superheroes. it will just make you look like a hateful twat.
Who is he and what he did?
>>
>>47798456
Do we got them sorted into pastebins at all?
I'm about to head on over to the archived thread.

>>47798412
Any pastebins of Change Man? I think I did one of the other giant robot heroes in a previous thread. I need to dig that up again sometime.
>>
>>47798650
There hasn't been any development on Change Man besides "Getter with a psychology theme".

Australia isn't archived, but after I get a few more Statesmen written up I'll try to write-up a country or two.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>47798234
Ghost o' Jarone, in his car. Pic for example
>>
File: file.png (195 KB, 1053x667) Image search: [Google]
file.png
195 KB, 1053x667
>>47798684
This was pretty fun to draw.

>>47798643
I think he means Garth Ennis and he's famous for Preacher and The Boys.
I think I've heard good ish things about those, they both got some edge to them i heard.

Some people don't dig it cause edgy, and some people do.

I honestly don't mind edgy comics all too much. Always wanted to give Preacher a read. Is the show any good?
>>
File: file.png (189 KB, 1039x652) Image search: [Google]
file.png
189 KB, 1039x652
>>47798875
I'll try and get on the thread sooner tomorrow. Fill out more and better requests.

Who would Haunter be matched up against in the tourney?
Dr. Glacier?
Cheery Deseret?
Pele?

Pic unrelated.
She must've been so miserable back then.
>>
>>47799043
I'd say pair her off against Pele. Ghost vs Goddess. Mental energy vs Spiritual energy. And maybe for added drama have Pele cite Haunter's friends Extrahuman and Ms Cryptic as examples of super humans that don't "belong" on the Statesmen.

>spoiler
Haunter is about strength through adversity. She turned from being the hapless pawn of a crazed thought-form to being its master.
>>
>>47740359
Hi /erpg/
>>
>>47799572
pls don't feed attention to that cancerous cunt
>>
File: nBf9W0b.jpg (396 KB, 1000x571) Image search: [Google]
nBf9W0b.jpg
396 KB, 1000x571
Anyone have any superpower concept art kinda like this?
>>
File: YlKlau5.jpg (649 KB, 900x1313) Image search: [Google]
YlKlau5.jpg
649 KB, 900x1313
>>47801266
>>
File: aGNNJGN.jpg (437 KB, 1500x367) Image search: [Google]
aGNNJGN.jpg
437 KB, 1500x367
>>47801280
>>
File: HnWLek2.jpg (87 KB, 1500x620) Image search: [Google]
HnWLek2.jpg
87 KB, 1500x620
>>47801295
>>
File: nfu3IgE.jpg (125 KB, 1400x877) Image search: [Google]
nfu3IgE.jpg
125 KB, 1400x877
>>47801309
>>
File: FF.jpg (215 KB, 843x1280) Image search: [Google]
FF.jpg
215 KB, 843x1280
>>47790208
My idea for an origin story: a weird satellite passes through the night sky, glowing a strange unknown color.

It irradiates much of the community in not-Tromaville, affecting each individual differently. Sometimes it amplifies their talents, sometimes it mutates them altogether. But because it's such a conservative town, people keep their powers to themselves and only use them when under extreme duress.

I don't know where it goes from there, but it'll involve the scummiest and the kindest people both discovering their powers and conflict naturally arises. I only have very simple ideas for characters and powers so far.
>>
>>47732877
It depends on if you want to do it with anyone or only a select few.

Doing it only with a designated partner is simpler. In M&M 2e you could use Gestalt variant of Summon (I think in the Power handbook). In M&M 3e you could use the Combine variant of Summon (the Summon Power Profile).

If you can do it with any willing partner I don't think it's that different, with M&M3e at least (although it would more expensive as you are getting rid of one of the limits). But forcibly combining unwilling targets may be a problem that requires GM adjudication. RAW you can't make Summon an attack power, because that extra only works on personal range powers and you can't reduce a close range power to personal range. You'd also need to link the attack version of the power with a version that will still effect you, because attack powers stop working on you.
>>
>>47747597
A guy who thinks he's Spider-man, until he's bitten by a hobo and loses his spider-powers but gains the proportional strength and alcohol tolerance of the urban homeless.
>>
>>47798234
to be a little self indulgent could I have the BLOOD KNIGHTS team?
>>47778686
>>47778993
>>47779123
>>47779626
>>47779977
>>47780568
>>47780838
>>47781062
>>
That's a pretty good premise to run with. But you should probably work out the rules of the satellite's mutations. The Fantastic Four's powers were all based off of their personalities and most of the X-Men's mutations should separate them from the rest of humanity. Unless if you wanted to go for a more Static Shock take where the powers don't matter as much as how each individual chooses to use them
>>
>>47803266
meant for
>>47801898
>>
>>47798643
I meant Garth Ennis, I give him credit he can do relationships between people pretty well and I rag on him a lot but never expect him to subtle about the things he hates, especially superheroes other then superman, the punisher and on rare occasions Spiderman.
>>47798875
>Is the show any good?
from what I heard not really.
>>
>>47782858
Not that guy or Max Landis. But that movie is very, very, decent.
>>
to pick things up a little let's make some plot hooks for a supers game.
>around the world, people with psychic ability's begin to gather at the north pole for psi-con 20XX. your team has been asked to come due to a rash of murders there and whoevers doing it is skilled at covering their tracks, they hope that pair of fresh eyes could uncover this mystery.
>>
>>47760185
I think you have to rework it pretty hard, to make Pro-Registration tenable the way it's set-up and how nebulous it is.

Just the fact that having the Big List of Secret Identities exist is a pretty frightening development.
>>
>>47804672
Psychic games can be fun. What's an illusion and what isn't? What's killing the psychics? A rouge thought-form? Anti-psychic terrorists?

Personally I would go with a "soul-stealer". A powerful psychic that believes the only way pychics are going to coexist with humanity is if they all get in one body and pool their powers. This means stealing their "souls", which kills their body.

I'd give the PCs some sort of anti-psychic implants or something. It'll protect them from all but the most powerful and concentrated psychic attack, and it'll allow them to fight with other types of super baddies that want to rip out the implants and leave the heroes vulnerable.

>>47805032
Pro-Registration in the Bendis comics were basically Nazis that stuck people in the mind-deteriorating negative zone and make evil Thor clones. Don't forget Tony tried to start a war with Atlantis as well.

Movie Pro-Registration is a lot more nuanced and sensible, and heroes can join it for several reasons spanning from "I trust the UN and believe they won't fuck with us" to "I want us all to join the UN before they decide to MAKE us join".

Have there be lulls in the fighting where the PCs get to sit down and talk with guys on the Pro-Reg side and DON'T have it end in a surprise ambush. Just have it be friends talking to friends and trying to convince them their side is right. THAT is where the dramatic weight of the game will come from. Friend vs Friend.
>>
File: we-had-a-team-up.jpg (361 KB, 800x427) Image search: [Google]
we-had-a-team-up.jpg
361 KB, 800x427
>>47798875
>Is the show any good?
It's a bit too early to tell. I've seen 3 episodes, and I would like to see more. From the pilot I thought it made some things a bit... cartoonish... specifically the introduction of Eugene aka Arseface who I recall vividly from one of Glenn Fabry's covers, and Cassidy as well. I guess it's to make it a bit more palatable to a still developing audience.
It's also a bit more decompressed from what I remember of the comics. I can't remembering them staying all that long in town before heading off for adventure, but this looks like they may stick around the town for a while, maybe the entire first series, or only until the seventh episode swerve, they are developing a bunch of subplots, enough to fill that many episodes.
Fair warning, it's not cape-related.

>>47804196
That one time, The Punisher and Spider-man had a team-up...
>>
>>47805108
I left it open ended so whoever did it would be able to use whatever bad guy they wanted. bad guys I thought might be good is a race of aliens that are trying to find out the secret to human psychic abilities and cripple them become they can become a threat down the line.
>>
>>47803266
I'm leaning towards the F4 route but more open-ended like Static Shock. It allows for more variation. I don't want there to be "evil" powers. I know its not "cape" but one of the crew members of Jojo part 5 has the power to create flesh-eating viruses, but he's still a good/neutral guy
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.