[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got a few players that want to play Sci-Fi (specially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: file.png (197 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
file.png
197 KB, 400x278
I've got a few players that want to play Sci-Fi (specially robots) however none of them likes GURPS, what are some good sci-fi rules light systems??
>>
GURPS
>>
GURPS Lite
>>
GURPS Ultra-Lite
>>
>>47723375
Basic Roleplay gold book is flexible and has some support for sci-fi
>>
Savage Worlds, ignore all trolls
also BRP a shit
>>
File: FTL charsheet Engi.png (812 KB, 1800x2700) Image search: [Google]
FTL charsheet Engi.png
812 KB, 1800x2700
>>47723375
FFG Star Wars gives you droids

Engine Heart is excellent, but not a combat encounter game

Artifice is the AI game Engine Heart's mechanics were based on

There's minigames like Run Robot Red. Rob Bot and His Robotic Buds, or Lasers & Feelings (android is one of 7 PC styles)

Something like FAE has no problem with robot PCs, or the GM mandating that all PCs are robots
>>
>>47724842

I came here to suggest Savage Worlds as well. They even have a sci fi supplement which basically let's you homebrew any kind of setting you want.

Fate is also a good choice if OP wants something less crunchy. It something where you're not in danger of getting one-shot.
>>
File: Engine Heart.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Engine Heart.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47723375
>>47724912
>>
>>47724912

This one emulates a TV cartoon episode where one of the players plays the Main Character, two others play his sidekick, and the fourth plays the BBEG. You determine who plays the BBEG by having everyone give a quick elevator pitch for their idea for the episode, and the one that everyone likes the most gets to be the BBEG for that game.
>>
File: Run Robot Red.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Run Robot Red.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47724912
I've never played this one but it's got kind of an "Engine Heart in a communist space station" vibe.
>>
File: Lasers and Feelings.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Lasers and Feelings.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47724912
>>
File: Lasers and Feelings sheet.png (100 KB, 765x990) Image search: [Google]
Lasers and Feelings sheet.png
100 KB, 765x990
>>47725746
Here's the ship sheet for L&F
>>
>>47723375

It's light for players, but with a fair bit of crunch for GMs, so I'd suggest taking a look at Traveller. I prefer Classic, using The Traveller Book, but some folks like the nice modern layout of Mongoose Traveller. They're mostly compatible. Just be warned that Mongoose has shitty editing outside the core book. Some of the splats are terrible.

>Classic
https://mega.co.nz/#F!DkdyQITY!Y1VxiiEtuqDwhHo5wEw65w
>Mongoose
https://mega.co.nz/#F!yg8gXRDJ!NMUmuB-cH9fINnkRv0242A
>>
>>47724912
>>47724842
>Savage worlds
What would I need then?
>>
EP
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.