[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could one justify an one-armed cripple with 50% less upper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 16
File: furiosa-madmax-350.jpg (53 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
furiosa-madmax-350.jpg
53 KB, 350x350
How could one justify an one-armed cripple with 50% less upper body strenght then half of population to be in charge of anything?

From realistic viewpoint, is Furiosa Mary Sue/Muh Fetish material?
>>
>From a realistic viewpoint
Master Blaster exists in the same setting
>>
>>47723009
OP here.

Good fucking point.
>>
I started replying before I read your post so I thought I was on /tv/ and you were talking about that fight alone where a more or less fresh and resting Furiosa gives a good fight to a blood and water deprived chained up car crash survivor who hadn't eaten at least all day. Probably longer since his life before was hanging upside down in a cave.

Furiosa was a capable leader and strategist. All the men the cunt betrayed to their deaths seemed to respect her alot so she was clearly somebody but more importantly she was in tight with the crusty old pervert in charge and I'm pretty sure it's canon she'd previously been in his harem.

Fetish material maybe because she's an amputee and all sorts of other wierd traits that probably get guys somewhere off but she's not a Mary Sue because if it wasn't for Max she'd have been fucked right up pretty much at every turn.

Ray in Star Wars is 2015s Mary Sue. Furiosa is a Ripley style female lead.
>>
>>47722982
>How could one justify X

It's fiction.
>>
You think they decided who'd be in charge with a bench press competition or something?
>>
>>47722982
>upper body strength is what qualifies a person to be in charge of literally anything at all
>upper body strength is what qualifies you to drive a fucking truck

She's a member of the elite by dint of her social connections. She is't malnourished and desperate like the lower classes. She isn't indoctrinated into a suicidal worldview like many of the other drivers. And as far as anyone else is concerned she's proved her loyalty. You don't want someone desperate driving your valuable truck. You don't want someone suicidal driving your valuable truck. You want someone loyal.

'Course she wasn't that either, but people in world are allowed to be wrong about shit.
>>
Plenty of feared one-armed military minds about Squire.

Horatio Nelson and Gottz Von Berlichingen off the top of my head.
>>
>>47722982
How and when did she lose the arm anyway?
>>
>>47722982
>who is Götz Iron Hand
>>
>>47723236
Gotz was in charge on the virtue of his noble birth.
>>
>>47723248
Furiosa was appointed by Immortan Joe. Your point is?
>>
It's time to stop posting, Alex.
>>
>>47722982
Furiosa was stronger than most of the population. Most warboys can't even stand up straight and are dying from the cancerous tumors that cover their bodies. The women were kept clean and healthy for breeding stock or for milking. Furiosa most likely was a harem girl who lost an arm from some apocolyptic business and became a high ranking warrior in charge of a war rig since she was no longer fuckable, but was close to Immortan, his family and the rest of the girls.
>>
>>47723367
>lost an arm
>was no longer fuckable
I wonder if that's because Joe has shit taste or because the society had some very skewed understanding of genetics.
>If the woman has fair hair and blue eyes, the child can have fair hair and blue eyes after her.
>So if the woman has no arm ...
>>
>>47723078
Counterpoint: She fights fucking MAD MAX
>>
>>47723453

Max is in bad shape, though. Blood loss and all that. He's had a fucking terrible day.
>>
File: FDR Wheelchair.jpg (167 KB, 463x566) Image search: [Google]
FDR Wheelchair.jpg
167 KB, 463x566
>>47722982
How could one justify a polio-stricken cripple with no lower-body strength at all being in charge of anything?
>>
>>47723190
>'Course she wasn't that either
She was until the wife's part.
>>
>>47723190
>upper body strength is what qualifies you to drive a fucking truck

god damn millennials who never drove something without power steering
>>
File: this man triggers the pirate.png (359 KB, 387x485) Image search: [Google]
this man triggers the pirate.png
359 KB, 387x485
>>47723248
>>47723236
>>47723200
>Nobody said anything about ONE ARM, ONE EYE, ONE LEG murder machine
>>
>>47723078
And Ripley is literally man with tits. As in the role was literally written for a male characters but they couldn't afford a decent actor so they changed it last minute.
>>
>>47723465
I suppose I should have said she didn't remain loyal yeah.
>>
>>47723461
MAD.
FUCKING.
MAX.
>>
>>47723413
He is the emperor of a post nuclear society. I'm sure he is picky about his harem. He probably kicked women out for birthmarks he didn't like, a missing limb would probably upset his god complex.
>>
>>47723519
Isn't furiosa also barren as fuck?
>>
File: Timur the Lame.jpg (28 KB, 220x358) Image search: [Google]
Timur the Lame.jpg
28 KB, 220x358
>>47723463
How could one justify a cripple with a withered arm and unusable leg being in charge of anything?

From a realistic viewpoint, is Tamerlane Mary Sue/fetish material?
>>
>>47723484
Riply was tough, yet vulnerable. The themes of vulnerability, control and sexual violence in Alien wouldnt be as effective with a hollywood tough guy as the lead. Rape is the fear button they are pressing, and it would be far more difficult without a woman as the hero.
>>
File: 1410041528754.png (66 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1410041528754.png
66 KB, 720x720
>>47723539
He sure is my fetish material.
>>
>>47723551
I think you're underestimating Giger when you assume he can't press the rape fear button on a man as easily as on a woman.
>>
>>47723551
>Rape
>Alien
let's be honest.
It's alien, it doesn't mater who's involved dicks and rape are in.
>>
>>47723461
All of his days are terrible.
>>
>>47723576
What he can't press the rape on?
>>
>>47723475
>anon thinks driving a truck is difficult
>anon thinks anyone has less upper body strength than him
>>
>>47723367
>Most warboys can't even stand up straight
no they aren't, they're jumping around doing crazy shit and driving cars
>>
>>47723527
Maybe that was it.
"Three strikes and you are out"
>>
>>47723576
I'm underestimating Ridley Scott, and the mentality of the 80's viewerbase. If the entire movie was about man rape, then not only would it make macho types uncomfortable, but it is a minefield of interpretations. Is this now an anti-gay movie? Is it about AIDS? Is it about homophobia? Prison? Deep fruedian fears of homosexual penetration?

Fuck it, it's a normal looking woman who must overcome a sexual predator. This is easy and satisfying.
>>
>>47722982

She was kidnapped from a tribe of warrior women and is a better shot and driver than most (including Max). Plus she's a healthy human being minus an arm, compared to all those poisoned from birth warboys.
>>
>>47723615
But they are hunched, coughing and coveted in tumors. The whole reason they have no fear is because they are all terminal. Did you even watch the movie?
>>
File: 462354376123.jpg (256 KB, 1180x1480) Image search: [Google]
462354376123.jpg
256 KB, 1180x1480
How could one justify a one-eyed cripple that was shot in the head twice to be in charge of defeating an udefeatable emperor?
>>
>>47722982

What fucked up world do you live in where upper body strength = power? How are the two related?
>>
>>47723637
>including Max
Nope
>>
>>47723491
You still don't have a point.
>>
>>47723630
Sexual alien actually, predator was the other movie, with Arnold.
>>
>>47723646
Highschool. That world is highschool.
>>
>>47723641
I just rewatched it for the tenth time. Nux is the only one we see hunched over coughing. The rest we see jumping about doing athletic shit. Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>47723652

Sorry. Better shot, not better driver. Max is all about the speed, Furiosa was better with the rifle.
>>
>>47723657
>Predator
If a rapist kills and rapes all of your friends, kill him in a jungle with two logs.
>Alien
if a rapist kills and rapes all of your friends, throw him out of an airlock.

I miss simple times.
>>
>>47723610

mad max's australia is pretty much the only place you millennial shitters would survive driving a truck since it's all flat desert so your noodle arms not being able to turn a non-power steering wheel wouldn't matter
>>
>>47722982
Leadership skill and muscle mass are two different things.

Shotguns don't care if the guy they shoot is stronger than you.

Doesn't take a lot of muscle to break a face, put a bat through a kneecap or crush every bone in a person's hand with a well-placed hit.

Robot hand.

Stop punching people in the torso, you're bad at fighting.
>>
>>47723475
I have since I drove an old shitty truck as my first vehicle. It's not that hard anon, and Furiosa is in way better shape than me.
>>
>>47722982

>50% less upper body strenght

ehuehue

Anyway, Max in that occasion wasn't EXACTLY in his best condition, was he?
>>
>>47723695
Is he ever?
>>
>>47723652
Max is as good a driver, if not better. But he's never been a paticularly good shot. Through most of the films he carries an empty shotgun. He is a capable brawler, but the scene in question had him tired, thirsty, injured, malnourished, and he was suckerpunched. She was also concentrating on disarming him, which he didnt really care about because he knew the gun was empty. Once that trump card is found worthless, he gets the better of her.
>>
>>47723680
A recent quote from a friend of mine..

"My Politics is Lynch Mobs"
>>
File: 135236123.jpg (296 KB, 1115x1386) Image search: [Google]
135236123.jpg
296 KB, 1115x1386
How could one justify a two-armed cripple with 100% less upper body strenght then half of population to be in charge of anything?

From realistic viewpoint, is Emperor Mary Sue/Muh Fetish material?
>>
>>47723674
They all are sick. Watch closer. Their entire mythology depends on them all being sick. That's a major point of the film. Even Immortan is sick.
>>
>>47723721
They're dying but they don't let it keep them down or slow them down. That's a major point of the film. Witness.
>>
>>47723674
>Warpups
>Ace
>Slit
>"Warboys too sick to fight" aka all the Warboys left behind.

Watch it for the eleventh time.
>>
>>47723716
I fap to the Emperor's image every day
>>
>>47723702

At the start of Thunderdome?
>>
>>47723681
>driving a truck is so hard
>you are too weak, noodle-armed millennial!
Still laughing at you.
>>
>>47723716
He's not in charge of anything. He's a dead puppet that a bunch of freaks who run his cult control.
>>
>>47722982
If you pay attention, Furiosa doesn't actually drive the plot forward. Everything she does is absolutely futile and white it's pretty clear she is meant to be the main character of the movie, nothing happens unless Max makes it happen.
>>
>>47723744
>warpups fighting
>implying any point about ace or slit except they go out dying without hunching over and coughing once

Actually watch the movie.
>>
>>47723765
>literally drives the truck of stolen waifus off-course of where it's supposed to go before she even knows Max exists or he has any relevance outside of being a bloodbag
The plot wouldn't have even begun without her m80.
>>
>>47723765

I don't think I have a post-apocalyptic bait image ready.
>>
>>47723777
Fair point but pretty much anything after that whole plan goes to shit is Max's doing
>>
>>47723739
That doesn't change my point. Furiosa is stronger than most warboys, because warboys aren't paticularly strong. They are fanatical, numerous and have guns and badass vehicles, that is their strength.
>>
>>47723767
You really didnt notice all the warboys being sick and covered in boils and shit? Actually watch the film.
>>
>>47723790
Almost like the movie's called Mad Max or something amirite.
>>
>>47723803
Seriously, Nux had two of them and he even named them
>>
>>47723809
But when the movie is so clearly written as a vehicle for Furiosa and people bang on and on about what a great character she is, it kind of flies in the face of all that when you realize Furiosa didn't really do anything on her own
>>
>>47723792
You don't have a good point. Actually prove she's stronger. You can't. She got beat by a guy who was dehydrated, survived a car crash and had been a blood bag for a while.

>>47723803
>You really didnt notice all the warboys being sick and covered in boils and shit
You mean the guys jumping on and off moving vehicles performing acrobatics and being badasses? Yeah what a day.

How about you actually watch it faggot?
>>
>>47723765
Not how it works.
Here is how mad max work.

>People have problem and need someone to fix it
>Mad max grumbles along and fixes problem
>Then fucks off forever
>>
>>47723767
>warpups are too young and sickly to fight
>Ace and Slit are covered with tumors and shit
>Nux isn't the only half dead warboy getting a blood transfusion

Actually watch the movie.
>>
>>47723767
"I live, I die, I live again."

The idea is that you have an army of terminal cancer patients in a world without medical supplies or technology. Their fanatical, kamikaze style tactics come from the fact that they don't want to die from being sick, they want to die in combat so they live again in Valhalla.
>>
>>47722982
In the film, not many people actually rely on hand to hand melee's, most use guns and driving. Furiosa has a semi-decent prosthetic, perfectly good right hand and shown to be a decent shot with a variety of guns.

A better question is: Why do you think upper body strength is the prime determinant for leadership? If that was true then Rictus would have been warlord rather than his pudgy father with breathing problems.
>>
>>47723830
It's almost like Fallout before they crossed the franchise with SimCity.
>>
>>47723790

Please, stop with this MRA bullshit.

Even the wives do some things to save the day.
>>
>>47723839
>>warpups are too young
Got that part right. They're not too sick to fight yet because they're WAR PUPS IN TRAINING
fucking autist

>>Ace and Slit are covered with tumors and shit
>still bounce around like gymnasts without physical impairment

Actually watch the movie. You'll notice that while they're living half-lives, they're not down yet. One point of their cult.

>>47723840
Yep. All of which supports what I say.
>>
>>47723828
When does a Warboy actually overpower anyone? Seems like they just shoot famethrowers, throw spears, drive and die. Doesn't change the lore of the movie and the fact that Max and Furiosa both would be stronger than most people in Immortan's society.
>>
>>47723824

>buying into the /pol/ propaganda

its a vehicle for mad max, hence the name and them getting a huge actor to play the character

furiosa is just a fun supporting character that pol crazies got butthurt about, in that fight furiosa gets saved by the other girls pulling max off half a dozen times anyway
>>
>>47723858
It supports literally nothing. You are so wrong but you are trying so hard, Holy shit.
>>
>>47723863
When does Furiosa actually overpower anyone? Her first fight with a blood, food and water deprived shell of a man she loses.

Meanwhile we see Warboys jumping on to vehicles and physically smashing parts of them.
>>
>>47723765
>>47723790

If you think about it, this is the most favourable outcome for Furiosa if Max isn't involved:

> Nux doesn't come along for the ride.
> The deal in the canyon possibly goes off without a hitch.
> Furiosa kills or slows the Bullet Farmer with significantly more difficulty.
> They make it to the land of the many-mothers.
> They decide to load up and ride off across the sands.
> Everyone dies.

So in the best possible outcome, she'd have brought them there, but they would have all died. Max was the only one who could 'think outside the box'.

It's possible they would've had more casualties, but the point is moot. They would be trying to cross the dried-up OCEANS on a motorcycle.
>>
>>47723907
>5 minutes to come back and mutter "n-no u"
Watch the movie, you might enjoy it. You'll be better prepared to discuss it.
>>
>>47722982
>upper body strength intrinsically matters for a leader
>all upper body strength is in the arms
>>
>>47723910
>When does Furiosa actually overpower anyone?
She kills Joe by the end of the movie.
>>
>>47723916
I was taking a shit, man. I can't be on my computer constantly. I saw the movie ten times just in theaters. We are trying to discuss it but you're being a faggot trying to claim warboys aren't sick.
>>
>>47723920
>>all upper body strength is in the arms
I think OP points out that she's a woman bore than the cripple thing.
>>
>>47723901
>If someone doesn't like what I like they must be /pol/
Do you even listen to yourself?
>>
>>47722982
Her arm would be much stronger than most peoples and she dosent seem to be infested with tumors or birth defects like most of the population.
>>
>>47723958

>i dont like it because a woman character does something aside from being saved

sounds like pol to me, get them back in the kitchen right? lel
>>
>>47723922
I think the chain and hook did most of the work.

>>47723934
>trying to claim warboys aren't sick
Literally where? Stop making arguments up because your claims don't fit what we see.
>>
>>47723972
Well she is saved, several times, to be fair.
>>
>>47723979
You are arguing with like 4 different people on whether or not Furiosa was stronger than most warboys who are sick and dying. It's a major plot point of the film that you seem to dense to realize. WARBOYS ARE TERMINAL. THEY ALL HAVE TUMORS.
>>
>>47724055
I realize you may lack medical knowledge, but being terminal and having tumors doesn't instantly give you the strength of a wet kitten. Watch the first damn 20 minutes of the movies.
Furiosa may be stronger than the War Boys left behind at the Citadel who are literally finally succumbing to their illnesses. She's in no way stronger than any of the ones actually riding the Fury Road, a distinction of status Slit points out to the viewer.

Talk in caps lock all you want though, it's funny and doesn't change your poor damage control.
>>
File: -4 Strength Threads.jpg (131 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
-4 Strength Threads.jpg
131 KB, 500x482
ITT
>>
>>47724099
What's funny is no one can actually point out a point Furiosa overpowered anyone or demonstrated physical prowess. In all her fights she gets saved by someone else or loses (to someone who lost to War Boys).
>>
>>47724099
Cancer fucks you up pretty good when you have no medication, are malnourished, have visible tumors the size of golf balls, and spend your days in the hot sun breathing diesel exhaust.
>>
File: 1385127384894.jpg (641 KB, 677x2422) Image search: [Google]
1385127384894.jpg
641 KB, 677x2422
>>47724116
>being salty over the reality of women being physically weaker
>>
>>47724099
>people who are literally dying
>vs someone who is healthy
Gee I wonder who could possibly be stronger. Did any of the war boys display any feats of strength furoisa couldn't do? You dont have to be particularly strong to jump off a car.
>>
>>47724136
There is a difference between being weaker than men and being weaker then men who are cancer patients.
>>
>>47724129
And yet what I said, and what was shown in the film, stands.

>>47724138
>Did any of the war boys display any feats of strength furoisa couldn't do?
Given they literally did all the stunts and one was played by former SAS, yes.
>>
>>47724136
Pretty sure he's being ironic. Also, even if I agree with you, that is just a piece of anecdotal evidence, so apply yourself and at least give a link to those US army women tests.
>>
>>47724159
Point out something specifically that the character furiosa couldn't do.
>>
>>47724150
You don't seem mentally capable of understanding differences in types and cases of cancer, nor comprehending what was actually depicted. That's sad. American?
>>
>>47724167
Capture Max. Do any of the stunts we see the War Boys do. Win a physical fight. Not have a horrible escape plan.
>>
I'm man enough to vote for Hillary.
>>
>>47723484
>As in the role was literally written for a male characters but they couldn't afford a decent actor so they changed it last minute.

really?
>>
>>47722982
You're pretty late to the party.

We had a whole year to debate whether this movie is an MRA rape apologist film or a SJW pandering film. Protip: it's both.
>>
>>47724238
I don't think so. All the roles were written gender neutral and given one name, so men or women could audition.
>>
>>47723009
>>47723037

Master Blaster makes complete sense. A genius with a just walking monster that obeys him. He was the one that knew how their power generator works. He didn't start in power, he forced his way up with his enforcer to protect him.

Furiosa isn't really a Mary Sue. It is very apparent that she suffered greatly and consistently in her life to gain the kind of experience and power she needs to be where she is. Her main problem is that Hollywood needs to cast actresses that are at a baseline attractive. In her position she probably should have been more scarred, more lean muscle, and beat up, but it would never make it past any producer. I am sure shaving her head and removing her make up was already pushing their boundaries.
>>
Do warboys die when they fall off the cars? The sand seems pretty soft and I'm sure other cars will pick them up and shit.
>>
>>47723527
Yeah. In the comics she basically admits that Joe kept her around because she was competent and healthy but she wasn't wife material because she was barren.
>>
>>47722982

nein to either
>>
The big metal arm probably helps
>>
>>47724238

I don't know if the reason was they couldn't get an actor, but in the original plan the crew of the ship was all male. It is likely that Scott changed it around later to played with the themes in the story a bit.
>>
>>>/tv/
Not a traditional game.
>>
>>47723682
>punching people in the torso is bad
I think you might just be the worst fighter ever if you don't know about the multiple weak spots in the human torso.
>>
>>47722982
Google 'Yakir Segev'. One armed guy, who joined israeli commando forces. Any /k/ around here knows how hard it is to hold an assault rifle with one hand, let alone shoting, aiming, etc.
tl;dr - If there is a will there is a way
>>
>>47723475
Millenial who had a 4x4 Silverado whose power steering crapped out randomly - it's not that hard. All you do is learn to move as fast as possible to mitigate the resistance of the steering column. as well as learning how to park on the first try, every time.

Get with the times, old man.

>>47722982
To answer your question, OP, literally the same way disabled people can hold positions in power today - they are respected for their actions and their minds, not their physical bodies. Strength may get you temporary respect, but it's not going to make somebody follow you to the grave and if being strong makes you want to follow somebody to the grave, you have some serious issues with your criteria for leaders. All it will do by itself is make them fear you, which isn't the ideal way to lead, as your men will betray you when they either A. No longer fear you anymore, or B. Meet somebody scarier.
>>
>>47724184
The War Boys don't win any physical fights either. They beat Max by blowing up his car then zerg rushing him like like 20 fucking dudes. All the athletic shit they do doesn't really matter because if there's one thing furiosa is better at them at it's not fucking dying and that's the most important task. Secondly she's a driver. Do you complain that pilots don't march enough? They're fucking pilots not grunts walking around isn't their job so why the fuck would they do it? To appease your autism?
>>
>>47723475
It's really not hard if you're not a DYEL-mode manlet. Actually, it's not that hard even if you are. My wife drives my truck with unpowered parallelogram steering just fine, and only struggles a bit with my Miata with a depowered rack and pinion and 275 section slicks. She's under 5 feet tall and maybe 85 pounds.
>>
>>47723576
>>47723551

The point of Alien is to play on male fear of rape/homosexuality. It's why there's a female lead and the alien is dick shaped and why it kills the men by penetrating them. The whole thing is castration and rape based horror.
>>
>>47722982
By having excellent intellect. In the book for Princess Bride, Vizzini is a hunchback, so the first thing he did was condition and discipline his mind so that he could outthink a great many people with it. This intellect led him to travel with a Turkish giant and the greatest swordsman in the known world.

I don't doubt he could've become an excellent leader of some mercenaries or perhaps a mayor if he hadn't died.
>>
>>47722982
Doesn't she have a robotic arm?
>>
>>47723630
>If the entire movie was about man rape, then not only would it make macho types uncomfortable, but it is a minefield of interpretations.
The whole point of it is that phallic horror makes men uncomfortable. It doesn't have anything to do with AIDS because it's from before AIDS gained mass recognition, but it's absolutely playing on homophobia and Freudian fears. It's got iconography of male childbirth and penises inside penises and vaginas with teeth. You don't get much more Freudian than that.
>>
>all this fighting about the condition of the warboys

Yeah, they had cancer, but unlike today's cancer patients they didn't have assloads of poison from chemotherapy and radiation killing them on top of the cancer. A few lesions by themselves might be painful, but it wouldn't cripple them to the point argued.
>>
>>47722982
>From realistic viewpoint, is Furiosa Mary Sue/Muh Fetish material?

Furiosa is pretty much a feminists daydream, ie. unrealistic.

Charlize Theron had a much more realistic portrayal of a female in another post-apocalyptic movie called The Road, where she, your average millenial western woman, when faced with impending doom, literally walks into the darkness one night in order to crawl into a fetal position and die... that is if she doesn't get raped and/or murdered by roving thugs on her way.
>>
>>47723630
Or rather that "she is ultimately, the only one of the cast who manages to overcome the sexual predator, which violently rape murders everyone else. Except for her".

I mean, because it's not like the rest of the crew walk away from that because she saved the day. They all die horridly.
>>
File: 1463121514953.jpg (74 KB, 495x778) Image search: [Google]
1463121514953.jpg
74 KB, 495x778
>>47723716
DELETE THIS HERSEY
>>
>>47722982

It's implied that she stabbed a lot of backs to get to her position. Nevertheless, you do have a point in that they never describe where/how she lost her arm and got the replacement.
>>
>>47725228
If they have deficits as fighters I always thought it was more about them being howling fuckwits who are essentially disposable. Yeah, they can shoot guns, yeah, they can stab people, but they also aren't expected to come back necessarily.

And honestly, when comparing with Furiosa, her focus on "Superlative with guns, I can handle myself in a fight, mostly" is generally more practical and useful than their "competent to pretty good in a brawl or with guns, suicidal bravery". As long as she can keep an eye on them and has a gun with enough ammo, she will win most of the time. What gets her is being overwhelmed, or surprised. That would get anyone, potentially.

But then, as pointed out Warboys aren't practical. They are demented warrior death cultists hell bent on glorious death in combat.

She is a ruthlessly efficient killing machine with a gun. Just focusing on the guns is more practical, but she's scary good. If she'd had a free hand and a good supply of ammo she might have killed or mission killed the entire convoy of pursuit vehicles. She had to drive though.

(I say that because look at what she did fighting the Bullet Farmer. Good amount of bullets and just kind of shooting everything that moved or at least "important stuff/drivers" and they would have been done.)

Her elder relatives with shitty guns and bad situations did well, so with a better gun and not being a 70 year old woman, she would have done better.
>>
>>47725304
>these other people, they have negative qualities!
>not me, I'm part of the group that has the positive qualities.
>>
>>47722982
modern human is weak, son
>>
>>47723630
>people from the recent past were hysterical prudes who would faint at a modern PG-13 movie
I want this meme to die already.
Go ask your great uncle about his furlough in Saigon.
>>
>>47725304

You strike me as a man who has very detailed fantasies about how much better the world would be if society just collapsed and stopped holding you back.
>>
>>47725304
>Mad Max people
>"Normal"
>At any fucking degree
>>
>all this warboy cancer shitposting
They are terminal, but there is literally nothing wrong with those that are sent out. That's their fucking point, they manage to die in combat before the sickness fucks them up physically. Their only drawback is that they are batshit crazy and prone to suicide by huffing paint.
>>
>>47725313
Because she throws it off a fucking air lock.
This gives us an important lesson.
If someone wants to rape you, throw them out of an airlock with a lifting machine. I mean, it's 101 logic.
>>
File: ash-chainsaw.jpg (86 KB, 683x553) Image search: [Google]
ash-chainsaw.jpg
86 KB, 683x553
>>47722982
I could believe it if she had a chainsaw attached to the stump.

People instinctively respect chainsaws.
>>
>>47726574
>by huffing paint.

and obviously short breath if they did that just before consistentely. Not a good quality in the heat of the desert and of battle
>>
>>47724314
Some of them I guess. Nux got picked up after he got kicked off the truck didnt he?
>>
>>47722982
You know Max beat her in that fight, right? He was wounded, dehydrated, lacking blood, and was chained at the neck which those girls were pulling on. He had all these handicaps and still beat Furiosa. Why does everyone act like she kicked his ass?
>>
>>47726648
Because getting beaten by mad max is like losing to superman.
Irrelevant.
>>
>>47725304
>a feminists daydream is needing a man to fix your problem because you arent able to do it yourself
>>
>>47726672
So then what's the issue?
>>
>>47722982
As realistic as Prussian dandies becoming high ranking officers. From the entire Mad Max series, it seems like if you're vicious, have enough bullets and are smart enough to work a power structure, you can go far...before a mysterious outsider burns it all down.
>>
>>47726714
>before a mysterious outsider burns it all down.
The best is that max destabilizes fucking everything, except in the first movie
>>
>>47726673
>a feminists daydream is needing men to die for them to succeed
...now that you mention it...
>>
>>47726745
>Have a network of brutal authoritarian despotic states
>They keep people alive
>Provide comfort to the masses of dying young men and give them purpose
>One of them has a plan to build a beautiful oasis in the wasteland
>A handful of women are raped in the process
>Furiosa recruits an agent of chaos because rape is bad and her matriarchal upbringing tells her to value women over men
>Destroys all the male leaders and armies
>Proceeds to waste years of water in a show of dominance
Man, fuck Furiosa. No wonder Max walked away.
>>
>>47722982
>How could one justify an one-armed cripple with 50% less upper body strenght then half of population to be in charge of anything?
She has qualities of the character.

>From realistic viewpoint, is Furiosa Mary Sue/Muh Fetish material?
Definitely. Not because she's overly competent, but because she's boring as fuck and stands in position of moral superiority to everyone else in the entire setting despite her OHTHEEDGE antics.
>>
>>47723475
>Rack and pinion is the only steering offered in the apocalypse
>>
>>47723721
>>47723739
>>47723792
>>47723803
Their condition may make them insensible to pain and exertion, like leprosy supposedly made some lazarus knights invencible.

The fanatical indoctrination and getting high from chrome should help as well.
>>
>>47722982
Probably the same way a bloated diseased slob came to lead them all.
>>
>>47722982
Furiosa loses that fight despite outnumbering Max, being armed, being fed and healthy, and not being anemic.
>>
>>47726480

Not really, I'm quite fond of running water, electricity and postal services.
>>
>>47726842
So it's one Barbarian warlord trashing another Barbarian warlord. Though in Max's case, he did have a reason for going up against the chucklefucks who wrecked his Magnum Opus and enslaved him.
>>
>>47723751
Do you know what power steering is, m8? Serious question.
>>
File: 1368454277080.jpg (73 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
1368454277080.jpg
73 KB, 400x299
>>47726672
But Max isn't a superhero in the slightest. He can drive, aim a gun in the general direction of enemies and can bash a skull or two if needed but isn't someone with great fighting skills or above average strength.

>>47726842
Also fucking this. The movie had such a retarded ending. I wouldn't even call it Disney or Hollywood tier shit ending, because the good guys basically doomed everyone, but it doesn't matter because the good guys won. The only movie that triggered me more was Snow Piercer, where they literally destroy humanity but it's ok as they were the poor masses fighting against the evil rich class
>>
>>47723475
>millenial having enough money to afford a non-shitty car
Hehehehhe, t-totally, y-yeah!
>>
>>47723695
Realistically, Furiosa probably has 25% or less of Max's upper body strength, once you factor in the missing arm and how much lankier she is.
>>
>>47726942
>completely forgot about the car
You're right. Fuck. I guess Max has an excuse for his hand in destroying civilization. All he saw was dungeons, slavery, murderous cancer patients and rape victims running from brutal captors.
>>
File: 1438487549632.jpg (25 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1438487549632.jpg
25 KB, 398x500
>>47726842
Immortal Joe literally Did Nothing Wrong. Which contributed to the quality of the movie, as it got a cool and sympathetic yet still threatening antagonist.
>>
So should I watch Mad Max 3 if I didn't like/finish the first and second movies?
>>
>>47726959
You miss the point so badly that you should just stop watching post apocalyptic movies.
>>
>>47723911
There was no indication that was a dried up ocean though

People think that because they confuse the line saying how far they can go with their supplies as them saying how far they need to go
>>
>>47726988
>Didn't like Road Warrior
Your kind aren't wanted here, scum.
>>
>>47726988
Don't just say "ur dumb", elaborate.
>>
>>47723413
She's also pretty beat.
>>
File: 1462314305533.jpg (60 KB, 673x696) Image search: [Google]
1462314305533.jpg
60 KB, 673x696
>>47722982
>mfw the only character I paid attention was Nux
>mfw everyone else, including Max was just a means for beautiful action scenes
>>
>>47723367
>The women were kept clean and healthy for breeding stock
No. The women make up 50% of the filthy hordes down below. It's more likely she was picked up, fought like a cornered animal and was thrown into combat at some point, losing an arm, displaying some measure of talent for leadership or combat, then gaining a fuckload of respect for surviving.
>>
>>47723551
>>47723576
>>47723630
A few trivial points.
1. Ripley was supposed to be a guy. The producers asked for more wimen so Ridly Scott complid, but didn't change anything in the actual plot or script.

2. The rape-y thing comes off from Giger's art, yes, but the xenomorph is a little bit broader than "oh god rape". The loss of control is a big part of horror, and that's what this "perfect killing machine" embodies : an utter loss of control, over your emotions -when it stalks you- and your own body -when you have a fucking chestburster growing inside you.

Saying Alien is about Rape is like saying Rambo is about being Tough. Being Tough is part of the macho patriotic gimmick, not the whole point.
>>
>>47726985
He did. But he may have done some right too.

>>47727045
The wives were also pretty cool imo.
>>
>>47723484
Thats how you write a good female lead in an action movie you write a man and cast a woman

If you do anything else it comes across WMYN STRONK DONT NEED MAN or blatant Mary Sue
>>
>>47726842
>waste years of water
Nigga, they could have thousands of years worth of water down there
Do you even know how aquifers work?
>>
>>47726959
> the good guys basically doomed everyone, but it doesn't matter because the good guys won
I wouldn't call it "Doomed", but yeah it certainly troubled me that death of Joe and most of the Citadel's fighting force is treated as some sort of final liberation that will bring over a paradise, as opposed to just another power grab.

In fact, I think Furiosa's character suffered the most because of this, as they could made her a badass schemer plotting to take Citadel from Joe by denying him heirs and weakening his dynasty. But instead we got a genderflipped equivalent of a 90s comic book hero (complete with a KEWL ROBOT HAND) who experiences existence through angered grunting, and yet still supposed to feel sympathetic because somehow SHE KNOWS WHAT'S RIGHT AND WRONG IN THIS FUCKED UP WORLD.
>>
>>47727063
>The producers asked for more wimen so Ridly Scott complid
First time I hear this. Sauce?
>>
>>47727045
>tfw Nux was just happy to have a purpose
>his god denounces him, then is proved to be a fraud
>loses all hopes
>Suddenly given new purpose in the girls and Max
>made friends who wanted him not to die for them, but to live with them
>embraced death because he could finally have an ending worth something
I fucking cried like a child inside.
>>
>>47727083
http://www.blastr.com/2013-7-30/8-female-sci-fi-roles-were-originally-supposed-be-played-men

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/female-characters-written-for-men

http://www.ludicworks.com/the-rise-of-ripley-gender-and-alien-part-1/

I don't have the Star Beast txt at hand, sorry. But I'm pretty sure you can find it somewhere online. I've heard this a lot of times myself, though I never really investigated it so it might be a convoluted hoax, but I'm pretty sure you'll get the same answers from people over at AvP Galaxy or other "specialized" sites.
>>
And now for the important question /tg/...

Who was the fourth horseman?
>>
>>47727107
WITNESSED.
>>
>>47726988
The ending sets up Furiosa as the savior of that town and that we should all be happy and cheer for her doing that. Now explain how
>a bunch of little kids indoctrinated into a suicide cult with all kinds of cancer and mutations
>a bunch of fat women who can't probably even stand up anymore because they were hooked to milker 24/7
>dozen of chicks who can hold their own, but probably aren't really that smart or leadership material in the wastelands
>a shitload of half mutated cripples
will survive, after
>their trading partners are probably busy killing each other after their warlords are dead
>all of their soldiers died
>all led by Furiosa, of whom we only know that she can drive and fight
>who also spilled the water, so the cripples now think she will be more benevolent than the previous warlord
The only saving grace are the old women Furiosa brought back, but I doubt that they could somehow fix the situation without becoming just another tyrannical warlord in the process
>>
Please can someone give me a set of guidelines on how to enjoy the old trilogy?
I tried watching MM 1 & 2 but it was boring and I fell asleep. Even with a friend & weed.
>>
>>47727076
I do, I also know that the planet is fucked and the normal water cycle which feeds aquifers is disrupted. They could have 1000 years of water, or they could have 10. Joe had his boys hard at work building vertical gardens and hydration systems , but also water collection, so clearly it was a concern.
>>
>>47722982
Well she did have an artificial arm and when it came down to it, her job was driving a fucking truck with ammunition.

She's a harsh motherfucker because the world of Mad Max is filled with harsh motherfuckers. She's also a dumb idealist who'll probably run wells dry with her misguided altruism.

She also got her ass stabbed and needed to be saved by a man.

So no. She's no more Mary sue than a Hollywood action character can be and she actually has a character arc where she realizes there's no promise land in the wastes.
>>
>>47727164
Don't. If you can't watch 2 without falling asleep, just give up.
>>
>>47727124
I'm talking about the part I quoted (which is why I quoted it), I know she was supposed to be male, you idiot. Come on, read. It's not like Ridley Scott is allergic to female leads at all. Thelma & Louise, remember?
>>
>>47727164
>2 was boring

Just walk away.
>>
>>47727014
Snowpiercer is about breaking the cycle humanity is trapped in, with a strong theme of always moving forward. It's why when the characters are in doubt they look to the left side of the screen and when their conviction is held they look to the right; right being the front of the train.

Fury Road's story is split between Furiosa learning the value of Joe and how structure benefits society while idealism falls apart, so her home is atop the very rock she abandoned. On the other side Mad Max is literally the only one going to live on as he refuses to settle, Joe was once as great as Max when he was surviving day to day. When he captured a source of water, he squats on it gets cancer and uses make-up and plastic muscles to appear like what he was before; a man who would stop at nothing to survive. The ending shows that Furiosa while learning a lot from Max has an expiration date.
>>
>>47727204
Ah well, sorry about that, extrapolation on my side, shouldn't have put it like that. Maybe I heard it from somewhere, maybe just my imagination, in any case, disregard.
>>
>>47727223
I'm suprised enough that I'm not going to shitpost you into oblivion.
>>
>>47724308
Hollywood definitely need more buff women. I'm scared for the moment Power Girl makes it into the DC movieverse.
>>
>>47727107
There's all kinds of symbolism and shit going on there, like how a death in battle isn't alone enough to get you a place in Valhalla, but you need a Valkyrie to carry you there.
In the end, I would have cried if I had been alone when I watched it
>>
>>47727324
>not able to be manly yet vulnerable to make pussy explode from cerebral orgasms
Cerebral orgasms are the best by the way. I'm sorry you guys don't know about them.
>>
>>47724136
I know a woman in the military who came back from Iraq a big damn hero and always pulled her weight fine.

See, that's the trouble with anecdotal evidence. Someone can always subvert yours with their own.
>>
>>47727221
>Snowpiercer is 2deep for you
That might be true, but it doesn't excuse the shit story. You are supposed to root for the main cast, but they are a bunch of entitled shits and in the end the literally destroy humanity, even though some of them knew all the details about the train. It's a bunch of poor and oppressed stereotypes who are 100% good fighting the rich and oppressive stereotypes who are 100% evil and completely retarded.

>Fury Road is trullly2deep for me
All of that nice character development you found in the movie still doesn't invalidate my point in >>47727160
>>
>>47727324
>Capable wanted to save him and give him a new life
>Ended up witnessing him in the end
God I'm so upset now.
>>
>>47727311

Power Girl is both super attractive AND muscular though.

Do you know how many pretty women who also have the torso size, arm and leg musculature, AND breast size to be Power Women? Not many. And of them, how many were blonde? Like 1 or 2. And they'd have to wear blue contacts too.
>>
>>47724308
so what you're saying is furiosa should've been played by Lena heady and looked like Mama from Dredd?
(speaking of which is it possible max and dredd exist in the same setting? I vaguely recall there being vast wastelands beyond megacity one, if plausible /tg needs to begin work on a crossover setting immediately using mutants and masterminds or gurps or something)
>>
>>47727409
>100% good 100% bad
Did you even watch the movie? Because the main character ate a baby, and the mentor that stopped him from eating babies was one of two leaders on the train keeping the whole caste system functioning. They're not 100% anything, the movie was extremely grey in that regard.

>My point is the settlement is fucked
Yeah, that's the ending. It ends with Max giving them what they want but knowing that the settlement will die. Furiosa is oblivious to that, and doesn't realize that only by running forever would she really survive, but her naive hope crushes that. It's Pandora's Box but backwards; hope is what is ending humanity.
>>
>>47723137
In mad max it wouldn't surprise me if they did that with the bench resting on top of the war rig going top speed.
>>
>>47727454
Not the comic universe, but Dredd-verse? Totally maybe possibly.
>>
>>47727476
Your headcanon is in no way validated in the movie.
>>
>>47727221
>>47727476
I don't care for any of this shit because writing in Snowpiercer was horrendous. Symbolic meaning doesn't matter shit if I can't watch a scene without bursting out laughing.

I also wonder where did you dig up those interpretations of Fury Road.
>>
>>47727579
I agree that the writing in Snowpiercer is shit, it's not a great movie. It's shit amazingly well, and the symbolism is heavy handed but good.

Fury Road is a great movie with two distinct storylines with completely different and nearly contradictory themes.
>>
>>47727476
Yes and the main character is the "poor, had to to bad shit as a kid but then realized how fucked up he is and now he is 100% good" stereotype and the mentor is "poor and is doing what he thinks is right for everyone, but then somebody changes his mindset and he becomes 100% good" stereotype.
And it doesn't even matter, I'm angry at the ending. Both Snow Piercer and Fury Road set up the characters as saviors who we are supposed to cheer for, but in FR they most likely doomed the settlement and in SP they FUCKING LITERALLY destroy humanity. Your 2deep interpretations don't validate FR's ending being stupid or somehow make SP a retarded movie in every aspect.
>>
>>47727665
>Fury Road is a great movie with two distinct storylines with completely different and nearly contradictory themes.
I get it, that's what you are trying to tell. But where exactly did you see any of this?
>>
>>47727371
>I know a woman in the military who came back from Iraq a big damn hero and always pulled her weight fine.
That doesn't mean she was a front-line combatant.
>>
>>47722982
>How could one justify an one-armed cripple with 50% less upper body strenght then half of population to be in charge of anything?
This is a world where you have to be really good at driving.I don't think that she was given the position because she was good in hand-to-hand combat but because she was good at driving the big rig.Also she was probably whoring herself to the big man.

There are many ways to go up in society.
>>
>>47723911

Where did all that water even go to ?
>>
>>47727168
He also had an artificial waterfall that spilled into the sand for the sake of shows of power. He clearly had a lot of leeway.
>>
>>47723660
Sounds like you had a shitty time in high school. Upper body strength never really factored into my high school experience.
>>
>>47723453
>>47723491
And later in the same movie Max takes on half a dozen armed men with just a gas can and a knife, and when he gets back all the women, including Furiosa, can only look in silent awe.
>>
>>47724203
Do you want the US to burn?
>>
>>47729698

God do I love that part.
>>
>>47723475
>>47723475
I've driven an old 82 us military semi repurposed into a cattle feed hauler/distributor for a factory farm, without power steering, and twice when it was dead and I needed to steer it to the garage WITH ~60K IN POUNDS ON THE TIRES ALWAYS ON DIRT/MUD ROADS, after you get the tires rolling it's easy, if I can do it one handed with my other hand on the stick she can do it with than hunk of junk
Stop pretending you have heavy machinery experience old man
>>
>>47726842
>>47726985

To be fair Immortan Joe and the other leaders went retarded too, they wasted hundreds of men and tons of resources just to try to get a couple of slaves back
>>
>>47731685
Immortan's right tho, he has to show nobody can steal from him.
Also he's dying and all of his kids are borked.
>>
>>47729698
>When you realize the guy who's been tagging along is a force of nature and the wasteland itself
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.