[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Alpharius/Omegon hadn't decided that trusting the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
What if Alpharius/Omegon hadn't decided that trusting the Cabal was just the best decision ever and had sided with the Emperor? How would this have changed the Horus Heresy? How would it have effected the Imperium later on? Would it have really changed anything at all, reallyy?
>>
>>47721664

Well judging from the shitty plotline that being stuck in the golden throne was Big E's plan ALLLL ALONG YOU GUIS! Probably not.

Realistically, all the Traitor Primarchs and most of their command structure are blown the fuck up by a fusion warhead carried by a Alpharius lookalike at Istavvan V when they're having a big strategy meeting or something, and the Salamanders, Iron Hands, and Raven Guard show up to find the traitor legions leaderless and slaughtering one another in a AL fueled witch hunt.
>>
File: What if?.jpg (786 KB, 846x956) Image search: [Google]
What if?.jpg
786 KB, 846x956
>>47721664

Just accept the true truth (pic related)
>>
I think people might be overestimating how effective the Alpha Legion is as infiltration,

I mean, they only really went after the Ultramarines in canon during the Horus Heresy and they didn't manage to do all that much.

I don't think they'd just be able to just end the betrayal at Istavvan V with no effort. I could see them pretending to join the traitors and then turning on them during the Siege of Terra, however.
>>
>>47721747
If Alpharius is on the Golden Throne, then who is in the stasis field on Ultramar?
>>
>>47722018
Alpharius.
He is also the statis field and the golden throne.
>>
>>47721664
Horus would probably have been assassinated and Lorgar would probably also be assassinated

Alpha fucking Legion, man
>>
I wonder who he/they would have sided with on the whole Codex Astartes issue.
>>
>>47721886
Nice try Alpharius
>>
>>47722077
No, no. I'm Omegon. You're Alpharius.
>>
>>47722074
I don't think they would have taken much issue with it, let alone really regard it that much
I mean, most of the time the Alpha Legion wasn't operating with huge groups of Astartes, and I don't think the codex Astartes applies to non-Astartes you have fighting or working for you
>>
File: 40k assault pig.jpg (157 KB, 640x564) Image search: [Google]
40k assault pig.jpg
157 KB, 640x564
>In the grim darkness of the far future, everybody is Alpharius...
>>
>>47721664
I dunno, but I imagine that a loyalist Alpha Legion (plus their succesor chapters) and the nquisition would either lore or hate each other.

Probably some combination of the two.
>>
>>47722182
*Inuisition
**love
>>
>>47722163
It's neither heresy since that pig despite being a cattle is going to lay down its life for the Emprah and nor haram because in far future there is only heresy.
>>
>>47722288
A heresy is a belief or theory at odds with what religious authority claims is the case.

A pig is neither a belief or a theory, it's a pig.
>>
>>47722018
The third Alpharius twin.
>>
>>47722365
>third
>twin
>>
>>47721664
Except the Alpha Legion clearly aren't working towards the same goal as the Cabal - they've deliberately and repeatedly strengthened the loyalist cause, which is rather counter to the Cabal's plan of "Making sure Horus wins"
>>
>>47722416

Then why would they fuck the Raven Guard so much with that tainted geneseed stuff?
>>
File: Angry Marine animated GIF .gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Angry Marine animated GIF .gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>47722288
>those numbers....

That leads to another interesting questions:

1. Do Inquisitors in 40k that have arabian roots say "haram" instead of "heresy"?

2. Is all heresy called "haram" in arabic translations of the lore?

3. What happened to pigs in 40k? Why are there just fucking grox? Did the muslims win at some point of time between now and the 41st millenium and extincted all the yummy, juicy, tasty and delicious piggies?

4. Is the severe lack of pigs in 40k a muslim conspiracy?

Maybe I should visit /pol/ and ask them about this...
>>
>>47721664
>The Alpha Legion is wiped out at the Drop Site Massacre, the head of Alpharius is presented to Horus by a Night Lords Captain, who is obviously Omegron in disguise
>He dies while backstabbing Horus during his fight with Sanguinius
>Emperor still gets got because inevitable duel with Chaos-Empowered Horus
>Sangy becomes Regent to the Emperor, with Alpharius as his right hand.
>Sanguinius' Imperium is dedicated to resurrecting the Emperor instead of just maintaining control at all costs
>Lasts 5,000 years
>>
>>47722416

>they've deliberately and repeatedly strengthened the loyalist cause

Examples please.
>>
>>47722516
This is senseless and completely unlogical on so many levels (40k lore approves) , that I won`t even start to tell you why and just consider it as something like "fanfiction".
>>
>>47722416
You clearl don't understand the Alpha Legion very well, sir.

Here it is:
>Alpharius/Omegon is told by the Cabal that if Horus wins the Imperium under his rule will quickly collapse and this will somehow kill the Chaos Gods, while if the Emperor wins the Imperium will slowly decay and Chaos will win.
>Alpharius/Omegon believes them and turns traitor to try and kill Emps so that Chaos will die too.
>They then fuck around with Girlyman and the Ultrasmurfs for awhile.
>Emps wins and they're now stuck on the side of Chaos despite not reall wanting to be.
>>
>>47722568
No it isn't. This is literally what would happen if Alpharius hadn't turned traitor. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have written it, but it is, so I did. If it doesn't make much sense then that's because what would happen wouldn't make much sense. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction, and this is one of those times, because I've written the truth.
>>
>>47722604
It's also canon.
>>
>>47721664
Are there any good books or bits of lore that do justice to Alpha Legions tactics? Dawn of War has them being suicidal Chaos worshippers in THREE different game. I liked Legion because it's how I imagine Space Marines actually working effectively. Use humans and psychics to infiltrate and sabotage before getting in there and fucking everything up with no casualties.
>>
>>47722604
>I`ve written the truth

Sorry, Mr. Abnett.
>>
This is how I'd like to see AL fluff go. I think it's grimdark enough for 40k and has the "everyone fucks up while they think they are doing the right thing or to events they could not possibly anticipate" HH is going for.
>the twins follow the Cabal because they dislike the Emperor and think Horus would be the better leader of humanity
>plan is to betray them at some point
>killing loyalists is an acceptable sacrifice for their long game
>Alpharius is blindly loyal to Horus, Omegon is loyal to Horus because he would be the best leader
>the hand of Chaos is more and more apparent in traitor forces
>both twins hate it but plan to unfuck Horus and whoever they can out of it after the Terra falls
>Omegon is starting to have second thoughts about the rebellion, some of his officers agree with him
>Siege of Terra fails, Horus is killed and most of the traitors welcome Chaos and flee to the Eye of Terror
>Omegon realizes how much they fucked up and starts planning to betray the traitors and return to the Emperor, who he now sees as the only way to save humanity from Chaos
>Alpharius is meanwhile looking for a way on how to fuck over Chaos and the Imperium, still believing in humanity
>Guiliman finds Omegon before that happens and kills him
>Alpharius is somehow killed by Chaos
>leaderless, the Alpha Legion splinters into three types
>a small minority, led by those who were aware of Omegon's plan, realize they can never again serve the Imperium as Alpha Legionarries, so they discard their colors and help the Imperium in secret - knowing that everyone hates them and that humanity will never know of their sacrifice
>a big chunk of them remember that Chaos is only a tool and not the end, so they operate as warbands striking against everyone, but the Imperium is still their main enemy
>the majority of Marines had no idea about their Primarchs plans, so they do what they think they would actually want - throw their lot with Chaos in order to survive
>>
>>47722524
Allows the Raven Guard to become a viable force again, by allowing Corax to escape Isstvan

Helps push the Khan into deciding to stick with the Emperor.

Fucks about with the Space Wolves, drives them into hidden Dark Angel research lab, gives Russ a new sense of purpose

Sent to secure an Ad Mech supply point for Horus; fire on Iron Warriors Great Company coming to resupply, causing them to side with the Emperor, results in complete destruction of the base, denying it's resources to Horus on a permanent basis
>>
>>47722603
Except half the stuff they do after supposedly turning traitor ends up making the loyalists stronger.

Corax escapes Istvaan and rebuilds his legion, because of the Alpha Legion.

The Khan decides to stay loyal to the Emperor becuase, in part, the Alpha Legion fuck with the White Scars

An entire Grand Company of Iron Warriors remains loyal to the Emperor over their Primarch, and Horus loses a forgeworld because the Alpha Legion start a fight with said Grand Company
>>
>>47722074
Probably would have taken it one step further and each chapter was a single alpha legionnaire and his thrall of agents.
>>
>>47722435
The Cab wrote off the AL after the RG incident because they started to work around their own agenda.
>>
>>47722885
>>47722932
You need to keep a couple things in mind

>Alpha Legion was already 'fragmented' and 'scattered' and very often the Legionnaires would have their own individual opinions on shit, despite their emphasis on unity.

>Alpha Legion had two primarchs whom might not have both agreed. Maybe Omegon didn't trust the Cabal and wanted to join the Emperor, but couldn't because Alpharius was too strong aand could kill him and the Marines loyal to him before they could desert, or something like that.

>Alpha Legion became even more fragmented/scattered/independent after the Horus Heresy and some of them are closet loyalists, some of them are hardcore Chaos worshippers and others are... mysterious.
>>
>>47722416
>>47722435
>>47722885
>>47722932
>>47723216

Y`all should think about the possibility, that they never wanted to follow the agenda of any side or faction, but their own.

>They could have make a big difference and turn it into a landslide win for the Loyalists.

Then, the things that they were told by the cabal would have happened. Ergo: Fucked.

>They could have make a big difference and turn it into a landslide win for the Loyalists.

Again: Cabal - prophecy - fucked.

So what`s the solution? Right. Keep some kind of balance, even if it means eternal wars and conflicts and do what an Alphy is gonna do.

Still better to make changes and cause confusion and maybe even get a chance for a third solution, than surrender to a forsaken fate and choose which kind of suicidal route to follow, right?
>>
>>47723401
Sorry, fucking copypasta, the second "Loyalists" should be "Traitors" of course.
>>
>>47721664
>How would this have changed the Horus Heresy?
Well in the older story of the heresy, without the cabal bullshit, without the whole twin primarch memery, Alpharius sided with Horus because he was the only one who respected his methods.

Chances are it would end the same way.
>>
>>47722603

Frankly, the solution that makes the most sense is: The Cabal's vision is true. Whether it's objectively true or not is another question, but we can take it on good faith that these are possible outcomes.

Alpharius is resigned to these two, extremely likely, outcomes. He knows that they are achievable. Omegon, however, believes that there's a third way and he's trying to get to that third way.

This means that the outcome of the Heresy isn't what ANYBODY wants, and they're scrambling to fix things.
>>
>>47722603
But time has proven that wrong, the end either way should have been really quick, and still 10K years after those events, Empire and Chaos are still fighting, so the question is: have been proved wrrong by time, why do they still keep pushing their double shit?
>>
File: AmigosVillage.jpg (375 KB, 1360x698) Image search: [Google]
AmigosVillage.jpg
375 KB, 1360x698
>>47722402
>>
>>47722471
>1. Do Inquisitors in 40k that have arabian roots say "haram" instead of "heresy"?

I mean, if they grew up speaking Not!Arabic in addition to Gothic, and they get really pissed off, they'd probably say it. my Inquisitor is basically a hybrid Mughal/Ottoman Turk stereotype, and he speaks Not!Arabic.

Just like most bilingual people do in real life, when speaking with others who are not of his background (or just in a professional environment in general) he will almost certainly say the Gothic version, but in private or when under extreme emotional duress he'd probably use his native tongue.

> What happened to pigs in 40k? Why are there just fucking grox? Did the muslims win at some point of time between now and the 41st millenium and extincted all the yummy, juicy, tasty and delicious piggies?

++RECORDS SEALED BY THE ORDO HERETICUS++

>4. Is the severe lack of pigs in 40k a muslim conspiracy?

++RECORDS SEALED BY THE ORDO HERETICUS++
>>
>>47724665
Don't be a retard. Nothing proved them wrong. When the loyalist won, they consigned the Imperium and humanity to a slow death by Chaos. Refer to your 7th ED rulebook. You will see an hourglass with the symbols of the Imperium and Chaos in the timeline section. As the timeline progresses the bloody sand flows from the upper half with the Imperium's symbol to the lower half with the Chaos symbol. When you reach the Age of Ending, there is little sand left in the Imperium's half. This suppose to portray the ending of the Age of the Imperium and the start of the Age of Chaos.

The text for the Age of Ending tells you that these are the final says of the Imperium. Whether this leads to glorious ascension or utter destruction of mankind is unknowm....

However, knowing that this is 40K where grimdark is the rule you should expect the latter.
>>
File: 1.34 MB.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
1.34 MB.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>47725135

Time for a new, great heresy.

THE PORKUS HERESY!!!

We demand answers! Where are the swine?

WHERE ARE THE SWINE???????

Ain`t no Pigquisition will hold us back. Our warmaster BOARUS will lead us to victory motherfuckers!

Join the Hog Crusade!
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.