[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cuck Kings 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: cuck kings 2.jpg (32 KB, 460x210) Image search: [Google]
cuck kings 2.jpg
32 KB, 460x210
So I've recently gotten into CK2. Maybe little too absorbed. What are /tg/'s experiences with it?

What's the most Crusader Kings type experience you've ever had in a tabletop rpg?

For my personal favorite moment, I'll just quote my steam review:

"Then one of my vassals rebelled and immediately died so I ended up fighting a bloody war of nothing but pitched battles in the fields against his 9 year old son. I spent the rest of my life, and my son has spent many years of his reign trying to find a way to revoke the county from my now culled into line vassal. I recently managed to imprison him only to find that my plan tom marry into the title again had worked and the current count was my 3 year old grandson.

I revoked the title and put it on his uncle, my second son. It took me a while to realize I had no reason to have a 3 year old relative in the oubliette.

This all happened in the first 7 hours."
>>
My experiences were having no idea what the fuck was going on, consistently losing advantageous battles, and never being able to amass greater forces.
>>
>>47715092
so basically like most fa/tg/uys would do if thrust into CK2 situations in real life?
>>
>>47715069
One of my favorite games. So fucking good.
>>
>>47715069
Ended up murdering three generations of Anglo Saxon Noblemen as a Norge Sea Raider. First the Twenty one Year old kid, then the Forty Two Year Old Father and last the Sixty Nine year old Duke. God I love Killing Anglos.
>>
>>47715069
>Hey Anon I heard you play D&D
>And that you like Game of thrones
>Could you make a D&D game for us like GoT ?
>Tell them to play CKII instead.
>>
>>47715688
In fairness, the GoT mod for CKII is pretty damn good. Feeding babies to dragons is fun.
>>
>>47715722
we need a mod for ck2 that lets you feed babies to the court dwarf.
>>
File: le happy nationalist.jpg (107 KB, 578x664) Image search: [Google]
le happy nationalist.jpg
107 KB, 578x664
>>47715069
In my last game, I was looking around the map and noticed that somehow Khazaria had abandoned Judaism and embraced Germanic Paganism instead.

I have no idea how this happened. They hadn't been conquered, and didn't even have any Germanic pagan lands adjacent to them.
>>
>>47715069
Man I wish I wasn't such an optimising scrub. I wish I could have fun making shitty decisions.
Even when I try to justify doing dumb stuff cause it's what my ruler would do I still end up winning overall
>>
>>47715850
I don't even mean this facetiously, I'm being srs here guys
>>
The best use of Crusader Kings 2 is creating instant NPCs and plot hooks.

Pick a time period, find a region, enter "observe" in the console, and let it run for 100+ years.

You will get sweeping tales of conquest and cuckoldry in no time. Tales of detailed NPCs with traits, attributes and ambitions amidst a geopolitical sea of intrigue.
>>
>>47715870
i get what you mean. its hard to bring yourself to make character based moves when you, the player, can zoom out and freeze time, and see EVERYTHING.

Clicking that button of in character stupidity is like a slow motion car crash. you have to see every little thing that went wrong, but you cant stop it.
>>
>>47715892
thats actually a great idea. I feel like you could develop the politics and characters of an entire campaign by watching things unfold in just a tiny corner fo the map.
>>
File: liquor.png (476 KB, 539x556) Image search: [Google]
liquor.png
476 KB, 539x556
>>47715069
>2016
>not playing Liquor and Bureaucrats Simulator
baka desu senpai
>>
>>47715069
>Cuck Kings
Christ it's /pol/ in here today
>>
>>47715983
Well if you do have the Way of Life DLC it becomes increasingly likely that some dickass count will try and maybe succeed in seducing your wife, your daughter and your mother too while he's there. Nothing much to do about it either, other than duel his ass and hope RNJesus is in your favor.
>>
>>47715983
not really. have you played the game? given that you lose when you have no heirs left, one of the most common survival tactics is to sleep with your son's wife if he isn't fathering any grandchildren. theres a life focus that lets you try to seduce basically anyone in the game.

its realpolitik & cuckoldry: the game.
>>
>>47716027
Really? It seemed like they were ironing out stupid shit like that. I stopped playing after they added India and my laptop could no longer run it
>>
File: 21_24.jpg (253 KB, 801x1187) Image search: [Google]
21_24.jpg
253 KB, 801x1187
>Be Kaiser, Duke of Austria and Carinthia
>My waifu is Matilda of Tuscany
>Duke of Bavaria cucks me
>Tell the Pope (my 16 year old son) to excommunicate Bavaria
>Bavaria died of wounds from battle
>Capture his son the new Duke and the majority of his brothers in a siege capture the last son being tutored by a bishop
>Put all sons to death erasing the male line
>Force the new duchess of Bavaria to marry my inbred grandson
>Thus my noble line continued
>>
>>47715811
The religions adopted by the hordes are a bit random, I think it's enough if they have a norsemen in the court.
>>
File: 1434828332005.jpg (34 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
1434828332005.jpg
34 KB, 615x409
>>47716113
im most curious about how you pulled off a 16 year old pope.
>>
File: cuckolded crusader kings.png (50 KB, 197x228) Image search: [Google]
cuckolded crusader kings.png
50 KB, 197x228
>>47716027
>not being the master cucker yourself until the whole kingdom hates you
>>
>>47715932
Aye man. I guess we have to wait till till the perfect middle-ages VR simulator comes out
>>
>>47716147
Murder is the answer. Lots of murder.
>>
>>47716160
>-200

wh-what did you do? WHO did you do?
>>
File: eternal tournament ck2.jpg (1 MB, 1328x1110) Image search: [Google]
eternal tournament ck2.jpg
1 MB, 1328x1110
>>47715069
>>
>>47715116
>so basically like most fa/tg/uys if thrust into real life?

Bingo.
>>
>>47716178
It's not mine, I actually don't remember what was the actual penalty since I play online with my friends and the cuckoldry butthurt cannot be counted by digits.
>>
>>47716076
>it seemed like they were ironing out stupid shit like that
>Paradox Interactive
>Fixing anything in any of their games ever
>Instead of ignoring existing problems and making new ones by adding or changing mechanics.
You overestimate the Parajews.
>>
File: 1440643246752.png (197 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1440643246752.png
197 KB, 350x350
>>47716182
oh my god... no one gets off the ride.

>"Vojtech, the tournament is too dangerous! Shut it down!"
>"I can't! Nothing can stop it! It's self sustaining now!"
>>
>>47716214
you should play with one of the anime character portrait mods. you can more efficiently work up butt-hurt as you cuck everyone's waifu.
>>
I seduced Joan of Arc, married her, had a few children and then made her Pope and Bishop of Rome. After she was beyond child bearing years, obviously.

My dude at the time had the possessed trait and the demon kept telling him to do good deeds because Voice of Jesus..

As Hruthburt Karling, that was his name, I conquered the whole of Iberia from the muzzies and Denmark from the pagans. And despite being possessed and inexcusably Saxon went down in history as "The Holy" and was bff with the Pope at the time.

Pope dies, new pope does a few years, turn into a decadent, hedonistic prince of vice. I give wife (Joan of Arc + Free investiture before they fixed it with a patch) a church to minister to, thus making her a bishop and set her up as an anti-pope.

less than a year later asshole pope dies in battle Joan of Arc is made pope.

Re-marry to a lustful young Scandinavian prisoner of war from the conquest of Denmark, remain lovers with the pope.

Wandering preacher comes to court an offers to exorcise demon.
>NO! WE BELONG TOGETHER!

Demon always had my back. Die age 84 with 7 children and a small tribe of grand children. Joan goes on to lead the Church for another 40 something years before one of her granddaughters ends up getting the job.

Some time down the line a child is born to an emporer. Becomes possessed by Voice of Jesus.
>Oh, hi. I was a friend of your great grand father.
>Jesus gives military advice.
And that was the start of state sponsored Catherism.
>>
>>47715811
One of the sons of the Khangan went off the Germany lands an decided the G-d is a faggot and worshiped Odin instead.
Came back and inhereted his Fathers Empire. Converted ALL THE NOBLES!
PROFIT!.
>>
>>47715069
My friend has described his experiences as plotting to assassinate his firstborn children so more competent younger children can inherit. Only for that younger one to die of disease.

Also incest.
>>
File: professor_fate.jpg (50 KB, 800x1040) Image search: [Google]
professor_fate.jpg
50 KB, 800x1040
>>47715932
I tend to only make truely gamey decisions when my character get either the Lunatic or Cruel traits, ie. waiting till your dude is ancient and then taking a loan from the Jews, then exiling and seizing all the assets of said Jews. Gets you a shitton of cash on a mid-large sized realm, enought for a new holding or a university. Then when his sucessor takes over 5-10 years later your welcome them back with minimal negative events.

The Lombard Empire of Italia will overcome the Byzantine scum eventually, probably run off of stolen jew gold and troops from newly liberated Islamic Spain and Africa.
>>
>>47716238
I already have it but the interest on the game died a bit after getting. To be honest I have barely played horselords (I don't even have it myself). I'm not really a gamer and 450 hours plus the hours on the pirate version before buying it start to be too much for me.
>>
>>47716214
Oh fuck me the multiplayer insanity can be friendship shattering. I remember when I did a game with a bunch of Spaniards, with the only other North American (Louisianan) joining me on the Jihad train. 1300 and Mainland Europe is Islamic central. The salt was delicious and the spaniards quit out when the Yank started playing 'COME ON AND SLAM'.
>>
>>47716267
Yeah killing kids is basically half of the game. It was easier previously though.
>>
>>47716324
Am I the only one who misses the assassinate button?
>>
File: where fashon sits.jpg (22 KB, 480x496) Image search: [Google]
where fashon sits.jpg
22 KB, 480x496
>>47716267
That happens a lot, but if you switch to elective you can just choose the younger kid anyways but then that runs the risk of some other jerk inheriting. Of course if he were to suddenly have a fatal, unfortunate, accident then your son would be right in line for the throne . . .
>>
>>47715069
>What are /tg/'s experiences with it?
I played maybe 20 games.

I never survived one year without gettign a revolt and losing.
>>
>>47716351
How? Even if you do nothing you should last a few years, so long as you're not playing as that Jewish king
>>
>>47716387
I played as Irish or Scottishes petty kings.
I still NEVER survived more than one years without having factions undermining my authority, rebels and adventurers fucking my shit up, and other kings forging claims on my counties.
>>
>>47716332
Nope. Killing enemy commanders in the middle of combat was total bullshit. As was murdering an entire empire and all of its heirs all at once.
>>
>>47716332
I miss it but I understand well why they removed it.
>>
>>47716447
Could you explain?
>>
>>47716415
In theory those are tutorial places but maybe you need something even easier. Start as a spanish king of choice in the stamford bridge starting. Castille or Leon are your best options.
>>
>>47716486
What anon is trying to say is that button was abused to hell and back, and while useful it was kind of game breaking.
>>
>>47716486
See >>47716417 it was a pay=kill button.
>>
I remember invading a small country in the caspian sea and eventually becoming a norse Shah.

I think they limited the distance for norse prepared invasions now.
>>
>>47716182
This would be an excellent campaign hook...
>slay the emperor thinking it will end the madness
>the tournament doubles in size for several weeks to honor the emperor, and then settles back to a volume of games
>the capital city becomes a broken wasteland, covered in bleached skeletons, palaces, arenas, and hotdog vendors
>>
>>47716602
*a volume of games larger than before
>>
>>47716182
It's no longer a tournament. These are Blood Games.
>>
>>47715069
Start small work your way up.
Even if you lose wars as long as the game does not give you a game over screen keep playing, and most of all the moment your child buzzes at you kill it kill it dead.
>>
>>47715069
>500+ hours played
>Making a full conversion mod (warcraft)
>Full world conquest and roman empire restored

I've played a bit of it. It's quite enjoyable, but many people play it as a map painting simulator. Best advice I can give people is to read tooltips. They're on everything and will teach you more about the game than the tutorial will. (PS: Tutorial island is a good place to start [Ireland])
>>
>>47716415
Mate how the fuck can you get your ass beat so much? Just play as one of the Dukes of the local major powers.
>>
>>47717032
Oh its you.

I think I've seen your mod on the Paradox forums. How close to release are ya mate?
>>
>>47717268
Diablo thinks we can rush for a late summer v1. I'm making the more conservative estimate of having a playable beta by late summer. Meaning: first pass of the features being in, or pretty much ck2 but on a warcraft map. Shit is slow when you have only two people and one of which works 60 hours a week. Either way, progress is being made.
>>
>>47715069
My experience?

Great foundation for a game that lost focus entirely with DLC. Instead of refining the game play they just added on different game starts and expanded the map to the degree where it shit the game up, not to mention the introduction of new mechanics that are all dicked up.

HIP makes it decent, but it could have been so much better.
>>
>>47717514

HIP got rid of India and added a whole bunch of worthless Africa.

If they just stuck to HIP - Sahara, the mod would be deep *and* efficient.
>>
>>47717621
Yeah, it'd be much better without the added african bits, but tossing the majority of India is a good call.
>>
>>47716249
>married Joan of Arc

Are you me? Because when that happened I was immediately on that shit. Started a holy line of emperors ruling by divine blood thanks to Joan once she had a son, and then we conquered Italy before setting sail together on holy crusade against the Eastern hordes.
>>
>>47715069
My current character is /pol/'s worst nightmare. The Ethiopian, Lesbian Queen of the Jews. I'm currently trying to subjugate Italy in the name of Judaism. The combined forces of Christendom have fallen to my Jewish hordes time and time again.
>>
>>47716147
I made my son the Archbishop of Aquileia (The last one died in a tragic inn explosion), made him anti-pope, then used the overbearing armies of the HRE to vacate the papal throne.
>>
>>47717032
Bah, Warhammer Fantasy is 40 times better than Warcraft universe.
>>
My most ck2 experience huh

Was playing as the 2nd king of leon and had at that point managed to unite about 60% of Spain under my command. I also had 2 sons, one was a complete average piece of sht and the other had a dip score of 22, highest in the game. By that point my laws were so that only men could inherit. Basically I wanted to kill my firstborn son so his genius brother can succeed me.

Luckily enough the firstborn died suddenly, so I murdered all his male offspring. Only my awesome 2nd son was left. Literally best feeling.

My 2nd son was rather young when I was doing all this and by the time I died he was still under 30. Spent his entire reign trying to have a son, but alas all I had was 6 daughters.
He died and his firstborn daughter succeeded.

By this point I still had gravelkind and had united all the Iberian peninsula under the Empire of Hispania. The Empress (me) was thrust into a massive civil war where all her bitch Sister Queens wanted a piece of the pie. Luckily she was married to the King of France and the combined might of the Franco-Iberian forces won me the War of the 5 Queens. She got the scarred trait in a battle. She was so cool.

However since I had no matrimonial marriages so I lost the game when my bad ass Empress died.

RIP House Jimenez
>>
>>47718609
...and there's a mod for it already? I mean, I'm happy you like Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>47715069

It's battle system is good:

3 'wings' with their own troops, orders, morale & commander based on social rank.

troops come in sizes & compositions according to your vassal demesne

If Total War wasn't out there, I'd give it 8/10 - but as it is ... 6/10
>>
I don't really care for that particular type of micromanagement. With all the family members and vassals. Much bigger fan of Europa Universalis 3. I like Victoria 2 and Hearts of Iron 2 better, as well.

I *do* like the way you call up troops from vassals, though. That should be how it works in EU, instead of having standing state armies in 1500.
>>
>>47716343
>>47716267
When playing with CK2+ (which everyone should do) and prior to Conclave, Enatic-Cognatic Ultimogeniture was The Shit, as you stopped popping out heirs and disrupting your own plans for succession after you got 40, and by the time you died your heiress was in her early 20s, while the older children were already half weeded out by diseases, wars and plotting. This source of steady succession once lead to me founding an eventually Orthodox (the Great Schism happened mid-Crusade) Kingdom of Jerusalem as a Rurikid Empress of Lithuania.
>>
>>47715688
I wish my group cared enough about medieval politics and courtly intrigues to ask for a game like that. I mean, it would be nice to get any input at all. Whenever I ask what kind of campaign they want to play I always get blank responses and have to start coming up with stuff from scratch. And I never know what to do from the ground up so it's always a mess.
>>
>>47716498
If it's the tutorial then Castille AND Leon are your best options. Followed shortly by that place in Portugal. And then you have two sons and the child murder begins.
>>
>>47716656
Blood Games are life, Blood Games are love!
>>
>>47715069
I've played maybe two games from start to finish. I don't want to go back because they've nerfed everything so hard.
>>
>>47716216
They did do something to nerf seduction for a bit, but I don't remember exactly what.
>>
>>47716076
>I stopped playing after they added India and my laptop could no longer run it
>>47716324
>>47716332
>>47716519
>I think they limited the distance for norse prepared invasions now.
>>47719561
>I don't want to go back because they've nerfed everything so hard.
can't all the changed be avoided by setting the game to a previous patch?
>>
>>47719902
You can also play a mod that uses a different map so you don't have to deal with this shit.

Winter King is pretty nice.
>>
While I love Geheimnisnacht I waiting for dwarf to be flesh out before starting a new multiplayer game.
How do you guys find people?
>>
>Start as Sancho king of Aragon in 1066
>Before I unpause the game, wage holy war for the Duchy of Aragon
>Call in every Iberian king, since they are my cousins
>Reconquista begins
>While Castille eats all the other Iberain kingdoms, I blob into Barcelona and take Valencia
>Give a Valencian castle to the pope
>First crusade rolls around
>Pope declares a crusade for Andalusia
>Fight the hardest, but France has more troops
>France gets Andalusia
>French king dies, only has daughters and Gavelkind
>Andalusia is ruled by a 9-year-old girl who adopts the culture straight away this may have been forced by the game to allow Andalusia to exist
>Betroth her to my youngest son
>Grandson ends up king of Andalusia
>Get my shit kicked in by Castille because there was no more kebab in Iberia and baguettes were too strong
>>
>>47720113
The first time I ever played the game I was the King of Leon. All of Andalusia ended up under the control of one of the Catholic Holy Orders due to a crusade. I think it was either the Knights of Calatrava or the Knights Hospitaller.

In my current game all of Southern Spain and North Western Africa is culturally Scottish.
>>
>>47719902
>can't all the changed be avoided by setting the game to a previous patch?
Can it?
>>
File: CKIIverSteam.png (14 KB, 611x596) Image search: [Google]
CKIIverSteam.png
14 KB, 611x596
>>47720176
You can on the steam version at least.
>>
What is the most children you have managed to spawn with one king?
>>
>>47715069
>start as a Jarl of York
>due to some luck, unbalanced mechanics and some save scumming I became the emperor of Britain and Sweden in ~3 generations with some minor holdings like Brittany.
>launched a campaign for holy lands, after which I reformed germanic religion.
>when time of crusades came I launched one against East Frankia. It wasn't easy, but due to massive fragmentation of the Christian world (most of France and Italy were ruled by heretics) I finally won.
>this is when game went easy mode, I quickly became the ruler of almost everything in Europe. Kept some fun side projects, like feeding money to last Karolings ruling in Khazaria
>fast forward, two generations later my vassals are getting uppity. I decide I had enough and I'm dividing the Empire amongst my family, creating a huge trade republic out of Southern France
>never finished this part as my HDD died
I'm still sad about losing the saves.
>>
>>47716027
That is the espionage focus is for. It REALLY fucking helps with dealing with troublesome nobles and the god awful seducers with whom you wont feel the penalties of until a couple generations when suddenly INBRED everywhere.

I had entire realms implode due to Inbreeding alone until I started targeting the seducers.

Eugenics for the win!

Seriously though fuck those goddamn seducers as if my own family's eugenics weren't bad enough.

That was until I realized i could use it as a weapon to fuck over nearby enemies...hehe. Granted it DOES take a few generations but boy oh boy is the damage it can do insane!
>>
>>47715069
I can't into it at all. I do nothing yet for some reason EVERYTHING tries to kill me despite being a perfectly nice noble.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 309x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 309x266
>Start as Irish king in 800s
>One hour in and the Norse have conquered Scotland and made it Skotland
>Start invading Irish counties as well
>[Righteous Fury Intensifies]
>Conquer and marry into titles until I am King of Ireland
>Only Irish counties that aren't my vassals are two counties conquered by Norse
>Deus Vult those motherfuckers and unify Ireland
>Suddenly Skotland invades Ireland
>I've got plenty of troops and my ruler, Artur, has 28 Martial and is Zealous. But the dirty heathens have buckets upon buckets of men.
>Have to call in mercenaries, glad I have a lot of gold saved up
>Put up a good fight, push them back a good deal, but then Skotland calls in Norway into the war
>Now even MORE dirty heathens start pouring into Ireland in longboats. They decimate our combined mercenary and local forces. It looks like this is it.
>Pope recognizes my plight in the name of God and sends me gold.
>I have a lot of Piety saved up and ask for more. The pope is a bro and agrees.
>Hire more mercenaries, crush their main force and win the war for Ireland.
>Break the truce and invade them. No mercy for unholy, bloodthirsty heathens
>Make some good progress, but eventually Artur dies of illness. Before he dies, he is dubbed "the Holy".
>King Artur II takes over. He has abysmal Martial, but godly Diplomacy, is Zealous, and has a lot of gold.
>Invade Skotland again. I will drive the heathens out of Britain.
>Find a daughter from the old Scottish king's line with a claim on Scotland. Marry her to my son and conquer Skotland using her claim.
>Now the Queen of Scotland is married to the Prince of Ireland, and their firstborn son will inherit both.
>Scotland has been purged of the heathens. Now all that's left are the Norse of England.
>Deus Vult.
>>
>>47715069
>playing Saxons, raiding, hugging trees all day every day
>expand a bit into pommeria
>Karl comes knocking
>"muh DEUS VULT"
>"muh trees"
>he brings a shitload of soldiers
>i bring pagan attrition and tribal armies
>watch the flower of the frankish army starve
>after most of them are dead, attack
>capture some nobles
>ransom whoever can pay for shekels, hang the rest on my trees
>frankish realm fractures
>reform germanic faith
>let's make germania great again!
>drinking christian tears

Was a damn fun game.
>>
Can anybody tell me how to play? Whenever I make a character I'm dead within a couple years. Whenever I spawn, even in tutorial ireland, I seem to have all my vassals hating me and plotting my demise. I basically never have the money or soldiers to deal with all the threats I'm hit with and thus drown.
>>
>>47721776
>Can anybody tell me how to play?
That's really hard to do without writing a novel. Best thing to do is to watch videos on youtube.
>>
>>47715069
>play as swedish chieftain
>start subjugating all my neighbors after I kick out a few of the vassals I had
>as I expand to four counties, my idiot cousin the king of denmark tries to subjugate me
>keep my army blocking the straight and massacre all his men trying to cross
>defeat him no problem: he is my bitch now
>subjugate all of sweden, norway and denmark in a couple dozen or so years
>start expanding into finland
>fuck attrition. It bogs all my sieges down...
>manage to conquer all of scandinavia
>prepare my army and siege all the holy sites that I am still missing
>reform the faith
>become emperor with the son of the character I started out with
>instill feudalism
>start to invade those christian queers in the south all the while raiding england and the muzzies in spain for tons of gold.
>>
>>47721888
I watch J2JonJeremy, personally. He seems to have a decent sense of the actual history and a firm grasp on the mechanics. MathasGames is also a fun one, but I just like his personality. I haven't watched very far in his playthroughs to know how "good" he is at it.

(I should note that I don't actually play CKII yet. I'm watching mostly for inspiration/amusement. It's good background entertainment when I'm arting.)
>>
>>47722093
If you want a good CK 2 player, I would recommend Arumba. He has a good grasp of the rules and the game overall.
>>
>>47722107
Thanks for the recommend! I've definitely heard the name, but not checked out much of their long play content, so I'll give 'em a shot too!
>>
>>47721776
this video series is where I started learning from. The names of things have been changed a bit in more recent patches but the principles are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvJJuv1hvM
>>
>>47721776
Play through the tutorials. Just the basics, maybe a couple of intermediate ones. When you get a handle on the interface, start playing as one of the Spanish Kings in 1066.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to kill your brothers and pop out a kid before they do, keep your scheming cunt of a sister under control, then reconquista. You will either DEUS VULT or die, but you'll learn.

Protip though: First fucking thing you do is send your cardinal to Rome. You will need piety and the Templars such things bring.
>>
Man norse pagan was so much fun when Old Gods first came. I played a multiplayer game where we would make deals, and have a few battles, over raiding the rich italian cities; Venice, Genoa, Rome, because they gave you so much fucking gold (and prestige, to boot). It was a matter of harvesting gold from the cities, building up your capital province before you were powerful enough to start raiding Constantinople. Best part about raiding is, hands down, capturing the daughter of a king or emperor to become your cocksleeve.
>>
I had a fun game of the GoT where I played Robert and fucked as many wives, courtiers and noblewomen as I could before I died, then legitimized them all after I got the death event, then observed the results.
One of my bastard daughters was exiled to Bravos, raised a mercenary army and then invaded. A son joined the Kingsguard under his half-brother.
Unfortunately, the game crashed before I got to watch if the kingdom imploded. Maybe I should open that game again...
>>
>>47717032
My first game I played as a Danish count. Got made duke in a couple of years, bimbled along for a while, managed to inveigle my way into possession of some of the baltic states through marriage. Managed to secure a betrothal of my heir to the only daughter of the king of Denmark, she rebelled against Daddy and got thrown in prison and died there before the marriage could take place, so I joined her uncle's rebellion.

While all this was going on a portal to hell opened in my lands...
>>
>>47722553
You absolutely should and bring back the results.
>>
File: Elven Supremacy.png (3 MB, 1600x881) Image search: [Google]
Elven Supremacy.png
3 MB, 1600x881
>Installed Elder Scrolls mod
>Played Altmer
>Stocked up on positive traits in ruler creator so I was basically all the greatest rulers throughout history.
>Played Wizard
>Immediately saved up magicka to cast eternal life spell
>Was now ridiculously powerful ruler with eternal life
>Proceeded to conquer Tamriel, and finally showed those damn Nords and Imperials what for.

10/10 - Would conquer Tamriel again.
>>
>>47722553
Wait, i've never seen that event before. What is that?
>>
>>47722753
I did the same in a multiplayer game, got all the sweet genetic traits and pumping as much Learning as possible, offsetting the cost by being Wounded and, if i recall right, had a powerful disease. First thing i did was magic the negatives away.

Second thing, of course, was steal Orgnum's gold.
>>
>>47722767
It's happens when recolonizing an abandoned region.
>>
Just started a game opting for Mesopotamia. Played a lowly vassal of Abassid, my country imediately collapsed and we waged war for 10 years.

Once we were at peace, some guy I didn't know and who hates my guts started a faction to make me ruler that quickly gut steam.

Then I got ill and died with no heir.
>>
File: 1340281636643.jpg (335 KB, 1606x925) Image search: [Google]
1340281636643.jpg
335 KB, 1606x925
>>
File: 1340282945823.jpg (321 KB, 1606x925) Image search: [Google]
1340282945823.jpg
321 KB, 1606x925
>>47723389
>>
File: 1340283121387.jpg (343 KB, 1606x925) Image search: [Google]
1340283121387.jpg
343 KB, 1606x925
>>47723410
>>
File: hideyoshi the first pepe.jpg (63 KB, 250x500) Image search: [Google]
hideyoshi the first pepe.jpg
63 KB, 250x500
>>47723389
>tfw you've been out-tech'd by baghdad
>never again
>>
File: 1340283443225.jpg (275 KB, 1606x925) Image search: [Google]
1340283443225.jpg
275 KB, 1606x925
>>47723433
THE END
>>
File: 1437246637494.jpg (584 KB, 1857x1445) Image search: [Google]
1437246637494.jpg
584 KB, 1857x1445
>>47723448
only one way to resolve this.
>>
>>47716182
>I want to get off Kaiser Vojtech's Wild Ride
>>
I can't play CK2 without a shitton of mods anymore.
>>
>>47722753
What do you need for the mod?
>>
>>47723545
is that post apoc america mod thing?
>>
>>47723545
> Kill them Canada
> Kill them all & Purge the Wastes with FLAME
>>
>>47724366
>we adopt absolute agnatic elective gavelkind
>Canada falls into EXTRA ruin
>>
>>47715069
Been playing since the first closed alphas (yes, alphas. Still technically under a NDA).

The game is a lot more fun than it used to be, but I'vestill clocked several thousand hours of play. Haven't got a single achievement though, the dev build doesn't unlock them and I can't play vanilla without mods.
>>
>>47718968
I feel like Paradox has given up on making Europa even remotely historically accurate. They're content with it being a boring map painting simulator. The only praise I can give it is that it has good multiplayer.

It's pretty sad that the game about the age of colonialism has such a shitty colonization system and a game that that bothers to contain the French revolution always does a shitty job of having it fire or do anything
>>
>>47724236
Yeah, I fucking love it
>>
I don't care what the people on /gsg/ say, it's my favourite paradox game.
>>
>>47715069
>What's the most Crusader Kings type experience you've ever had in a tabletop rpg?

One of the players was a prince, and got stripped of his titles and family name, and exiled for being defeated in an offensive war that went badly for the kingdom. With the help of his still loyal troops and the group though he invaded his country to reclaim his right. He killed his father for revenge and brother to remove the risk of him from the picture, but unfortunately he still had no official right to the throne. In the end he had to marry his mother to officially enter the royalty all over again. He wasn't pleased with it but the only other option was to like, start a whole royal dynasty anew and go through tons of work legitimizing and building it up, or like completely tear down the system in place. Pretty weird roleplay situation all of that though, and the royal court scene (heck, the kingdom proper) was rife with whispers and gossip to say the least.

>tl;dr to become king he married his queen mother because it was the simplest and cleanest, most peaceful option available
>>
>>47715688
>turns out they just watched the show and what they want is sex and death that doesn't come across well in CK2, not the generations-long plotting
>>
>>47720685
>the damage that intrigue and espionage can do is insane
>medieval setting
Everything seems to be working correctly here.
>>
Is it just me or is Venice the most fun playthrough?
>Merchant republic, so your military is initially too weak to do much
>Catholic and Italian, so you can fuck about with the papacy and holy orders
>can't marry into high positions easily, must intrigue and war
>have the option to really cheese the fuck out once you get bored
>>
>>47715069
I made a We Wuz game once where I systematically replaced european nobility with muslim africans.
>>
>>47724236
It's great. Praise the Yudkow Emperor.
>>
File: das right.png (77 KB, 469x180) Image search: [Google]
das right.png
77 KB, 469x180
>>47725561
DAS RIIIITE
>>
>>47725515
I'm in love with France playthroughs just so I can get La Pucelle, but Venice is pretty fun.
>>
>>47725561
>replace
european nobility were always black you cuck
>>
File: 1433470666128.jpg (44 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1433470666128.jpg
44 KB, 960x720
>>47725754
im... im pretty sure you're in on the joke?
>>
>>47725771
my peoples history is not a joke i steal yo gurl
>>
>>47725790
for some reaosn this reminded me of a line from 'A Knight's Tale'.

"The pope may be french, but Jesus is English!"
>>
>>47725561
I once did a similar thing where about 90% of all the nobility of Europe, North Africa and all the way to the far end of India from the lowest mayor to my Dude the Emperor were all from the same family, descended from one Irish count.

Every time I conquered or acquired a new patch of ground it was divided and every title given to a member of clan mac Cumhaill.

Sons got married off at 16 and given some land.

Daughters all got married off matrilineally and their sons given lands.

It was a lot of Irish.

Only the Church was outside my direct influence and half the time a distant family member was Pope.

Whole world ginger and speaking Gaelic.
>>
File: Boltman4.jpg (18 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Boltman4.jpg
18 KB, 350x350
>playing as duke of Holstien under the Saxon kings, I control half of Denmark
>used to be chief of Bremen but usurped the duchy
>character dies of at like 50 play as his 20 something son
>King of Saxon goes to war with Slavs
>he sends my character to the front lines and he dies leaving only one son who is 4
>King loses lands to Slavs
>land that is ruled by my cousins
>cousins turn into Slavs
>Character becomes 16 gets married and pumps out a male heir
>Saxony is at war again
>Character dies in war again
>this happens 2 more times
>Enough is enough
>start faction for Independence
>other Denmark lords side with me
>Rebel and win
>Become king of Denmark
>Later subjugate Saxony
>Over the course of 2 generations:
Reclaim the Slavic lands that used to be in my dynasty
>kill all Slavic members of my dynasty
>Reform Germanic
>Form Empire of Germania
>Erase Slavs from map
>>
>>47715069
I could never get into this game. It felt that everything I wanted to do was stopped on the grounds of "You can't kill your vizier" and shit.

Bitch I'm the fucking King, if I decree that all babies be hunted down and killed to prevent the coming of Christ then just fucking do it. #HerodRepresent
>>
>>47726341
Imprison then execute.

Like, that option is available to anyone in your court at all times. It's not a promised chance, but it's there. Get good. Read tooltips.
>>
>>47715069
>Played as Wales in a CK2+ campaign.
> was going for a charming rogue (robin hood-like) character, and I naturally had very high Intrigue.
>marry a genius from the byzantine empire and make her my spymaster.
>sweet
>discover the kidnap plot function
>fast forward 2 years, I have Charlemagne's sons, the pope, and a few french dukes chilling in my dungeon under house arrest.
>ransom them at will, make a colossal fortune to the tune of 900 gold.
>upgrade my buildings
>kidnap them all again with the exact same plot members and repeat.
>William Wilburs, the Kidnaping King of Gloucester
>>
>>47728470
>the pope

FUCKING HOW. how high was your intrigue? how high was your wife's?
>>
>>47728642
Mine was 19 iirc, and my wife's was at least 15. What really helpped more was that the pope had a greedy, envious mayor as his spymaster. One moderate-sized bribe later, I had the pope in my court.
>>
File: 1437319355134.png (69 KB, 180x215) Image search: [Google]
1437319355134.png
69 KB, 180x215
>>47728816
that's amazing. also proves the ancient lesson: be careful about your goddamned spymaster.

Also, apparently, according to a friend, he just got assassinated, and the game glitched. His 49 year old ruler was killed when a maid entered the room and strangled him in his crib. the only menu button was "goo ga ga".

Safe to say WHY this 49 year old who spent time in a crib was assassinated.
>>
>>47728470
>Kidnapped the Pope

How were you not excommunicated and then destroyed by every one of your neighbors?
>>
>>47728980
CK2+ kidnapping does not give a opinion malus, since the victim doesn't actually know who snatched them.
>>
>>47729067
Thats great. now i need to get CK2+
if you execute a kidnapping victim does it have opinion effects?
>>
>>47716182
>116
The sacrifices are working.
>>
>>47729067
I can't believe I never noticed this.

I am going to make so much dirty, dirty ransom cash.
>>
File: the shekels.jpg (27 KB, 273x200) Image search: [Google]
the shekels.jpg
27 KB, 273x200
>>47729190
>>
>>47715983
It's a reference to how the DLC makes it incredibly unlikely that any child your wife gives birth to is actually yours.
>>
>Emperor of Hispania
>Every holding is owned by a different dynasty member
>Seniority succession
>Dynasty is large enough to have the average emperor reign for about 3 months before dying
>Conquer, revoke titles, land more of my dynasty
>No one can stay mad at me because I die in 3 months
This was back in 2014 though, I'm sure things have changed
>>
>>47720457
I did similar. Started out as Jarl of York/Jorvik, set about gobbling up England, Scotland, and Ireland (fuck Wales and their castles). Launched a successful invasion for Zeeland, got lucky when the Jarl of Sjaelland converted like a bitch. Crowned myself King of England while pushing my shit religion hard until the time was right, and invaded bumfuck Norway for my third important temple. My third generation was King of England and Norway and the Germanic Pope-guy. His son was Emperor of Britannia. Then I started playing Darkest Dungeon. One day we will get rid of those pesky Christians once and for all.
>>
>>47720849
>nice

You IDIOT! In this world it's KILL or BE KILLED!
>>
>>47723545
Ohio up in this mother fucker!
>>
>>47725804
Good flick.
>>
File: Pope invites you to dinner.png (1 MB, 875x694) Image search: [Google]
Pope invites you to dinner.png
1 MB, 875x694
Cannibal Pope? Cannibal Pope.
>>
>>47723545
>playing as Pirate Captain of Seminole
>In one generation become king of Florida by destroying the Mouse and then taking Jacksonville.
>Live in fear of Caribbean Empire
>Suddenly Caribbean falls apart
>conquer the rest of South Florida while everyone is distracted
>two generations later I own what was originally the Caribbean Empire and is now t Pirate Empire
>first time ever getting empire on CK2
>brothers and sons start conquering Yucatan and Louisiana
>Spend 2 generations doing nothing but building as my family conquers and gives me money
>3 generations the Holy Confederacy is destroyed and most of South America belongs to the Pirate Empire

I named the characters after One Piece characters
>>
What would you have in CKIII, anon?
>>
>>47736021
Less DLC.
>>
>>47736418
It's a paradox game. There will always be a truck load of DLC.
>>
>>47736021
Some semblance of naval combat
>inb4 forum saltmines of "NO NAVAL COMBAT HAPPENED THEN"
A reworked CB system for wars that are more than "take one county" or holy wars.
>>
File: 1460139159104.jpg (43 KB, 426x373) Image search: [Google]
1460139159104.jpg
43 KB, 426x373
>>47736021
>mana system, generated by some highly random way
>simplified combat
>glowing borders
>matriarchy DLC, giving you an option to remove all males from the line of succession
>better balance, duke of Mazovia shouldn't have such a hard time conquering Holy Roman Empire
I'm sure I forgot about something, but those are the most important things.
>>
>>47715069
>Cuck Kings 2
kys memeshitter
>>
>>47736021
Playable theocracy.
>>
>>47728470
>in my dungeon under house arrest.
>in my dungeon
>under house arrest
Well, which is it?
>>
>Start as tutorial island
>Conquer all of Ireland, have a foothold in Wales
>Marry widower king to some queen in Europe not knowing that I can't take a whole country that way (or it might just have been that country's laws)
>Heir is raised in a different culture, nothing I can do.
>Get pissed when heir's younger brother is heir of the other country
"Oh well, lesson learned."
>A few generations pass
>Slowly conquering England
>Suddenly die with only daughters
>Need to stop these constant rebellions because vassals are pissed a woman is in charge
>Still only have daughters. But my heir is in matrilenial marriage with heir of Scotland. They have a son who will inherit both (I guess different laws?)
>Can't marry anyone new for fear of having a son and now uniting Ireland, Scotland, and Wales in order to go back to crushing England
Then I installed linux and lost everything. Kind of wished I had thought to backup that game. Two generations of women followed by a marriage that will lead to the unification, I was looking forward to it.

Oh and a few other interesting things happened. My dynasty somehow was the ruling dynasty of Scotland (which is why a matrilenial marriage was accepted).
I had to help Scotland and whatever country my distant relatives in mainland Europe held, those guys eventually fell.
Some how one of my vassals took over parts of non-peninsula Italy for the Irish kingdom. Don't know what happened there
All in all it was pretty fun. Haven't really played the game at all since my son was born.
>>
Vanilla CK2 is really fun, warhammer mod is too but absurdly demanding in terms of resources.
>>
>>47716182
I will run a game like this once.
>>
>>47738908
He's the Kidnapping King of Gloucester, the dungeon IS their home now.
>>
File: must_kill_more.jpg (168 KB, 540x512) Image search: [Google]
must_kill_more.jpg
168 KB, 540x512
the norse get all the best messages
>>
>>47716182
King Bone's Wild Tournament
>>
File: 1465537694270.jpg (69 KB, 800x1079) Image search: [Google]
1465537694270.jpg
69 KB, 800x1079
>>47739254
<King Bone's Wild Ride. No one gets off until they die.
>>
>>47739106
Geheimnisnacht is totally fucked
>Start as imperial Middenheim
>defeat the Vampire Counts, reclaim Talabecland and steal most of Sylvania over the course of wars
>get Nordland, Marienburg, Ostermark and most of Stirland Wissenland by enforcing some vassal's claims
>can't still unite the Empire
>try to get claims on Ostland, Reikland, Averland but fail everytime
>don't want to grab them duchy by duchy
>send my massive retinues with some ulrican orders up north to keep them busy
So far I've created one grand-duchy in Kislev and two in Norsca from former chaos territory. Also nearly all the elector counts in my empire are from my dynasty.

For Ulric, Sigmar and the people of the Empire.
>>
>>47715069
Why we have right now 5 different /v/ threads running on /tg/?
What, /v/ told you to fuck off or something?

Well, fuck off from /tg/ too
>>
>>47739350
medeival politicas and war simulator is relevant to /tg/. in fact, one of my favourite things to come out of the thread was the suggestion of using the game's spectator mode to incubate npcs over long periods of time.

if you would like more /tg/ stuff related to ck2, then tell me, would you use something like Adventurer Conqueror King for its realm management? Or would you put realm management n the background of a grand scale game and use a system better suited to intricate politics?

Also given the level of daily cancer threads about flame-baiting memes which will not be mentioned here to keep this thread from turning into one, I'd think that a thread about medieval politics and warfare and shit would be more appreciated.
>>
>>47721776
Basically, you need to fuck up your vassals harder than they fuck you up, revoke their titles if they're above count and try to maximize your army and dosh generation.
Also, marry someone with high opinion and intrigue, that should stop you dying
also also, check button for intrigue called auto stop plots, that should stop you from dying too fast
>>
>>47739389
>medeival politicas and war simulator is relevant to /tg/
Read the rules of this board.

I'm sick and tired of assholes who bring stuff unrelated to /tg/ and then claim some bullshit around "but you can use it in tabletop!"
>>
>>47739350
>>47739389

PS: I like /tg/'s community better than /v/'s, even when there's overlap. I'd rather have /tg/
s take on ck2 than go over to the grand strategy general and try to talk about it through a hundred people screaming about how they think europa universalis is better.

pps: fuck thats a good idea for a campaign. a mad/nigh immortal king who keeps the blood games going and the heroes have to overthrow the system before all their extended senpai die in the tourney.
>>
>>47739409
yeah the op has a question about how people do this kind of thing in their games. got some answers. got some stories about ck2 as well.

and in my post just now i asked YOU a fuckgin /tg/ question. now if you came in here to bitch, you can fuck off. we're not cancerous meme trolling, putting this thread in the top half of /tg/ shit to begin with.

if you want to actuall contribute, answer my question: how would YOU balance the ralm management and political side of grand scale medeival campaigns.

I am curious about this, but it was playing CK2 that perked my interest in it.

I'd personally probably lean towards using ACKS and leave the politics to pure RP stuff instead of an RP heavy system.
>>
>>47739436
for that matter would you use a die roll heavy system at all? given how medeival war comes down most of the time to numbers, positioning etc, like most warfare, would you use random rolls at all?
>>
Okay, what happened to Seduction in CK2? It's been a while but I clearly remember being able to seduce the pants off pretty much anything which left lots of bastards running around. Now my King keeps on being rejected and permanently at that. What the fuck? how do I fix this?
>>
>>47739518
i think they've nerfed it quite a bit.

all i can find via google is

"AI response depends not on current opinion, but on traits: the personality of the target, the "seduction level" of the seducer, and relative attractiveness (genetic traits). "

so it has to do with innate compatibility over the opinion of the target, which ... kind of makes sense. nice guys dont get laid by being nice and all that.
>>
>>47739409
Ah, the Badwrongfun Board Police are at it again.

You people are the real cancer of /tg/ and this is exactly why.
>>
>>47739535
>>47739518
That's bullshit I was playing as a beautiful duke of Normandy and everyone kept rejecting me
>>
File: 1395780413798.jpg (37 KB, 528x480) Image search: [Google]
1395780413798.jpg
37 KB, 528x480
>>47739601
>that moment when you're a fa/tg/uy and you even get rejected by all women in video games.

mostly joking. in all seriousness though i've been rejected a bunch in my current game. though I was an aging Irishman at he time.
>>
>>47739535
Fuck, unless there's a mod to fix this I'm probably going to have to go back to a previous version then aren't I?
>>
>>47739628
there's probably a mod somewhere that makes it a bit more versatile.
>>
>>47739409
>Forgetting Commander Keen
>>
File: ck2.jpg (202 KB, 550x767) Image search: [Google]
ck2.jpg
202 KB, 550x767
>Get Jew DLC
>no Jewish characters anywhere
>eventually find one in the stanford bridge start in east africa
>get Semite Waifu, who hates me.
>somehow have huge de juer, and a stupidly strong economy
>steamroll surrounding kingdoms
>get huge amount of combat bonuses from it, steamroll even harder.
>get depression from constant wars
>eventually earn wives love from event.
>get over depression through power of love, have loadsa kids.
>half of them are mongolian for some bizarre reason, no mongols for thousands of miles.
>whatever, oldest son is devout Jew, converts most nobles.
>my oldest daughter plans to kill him.
>I arrest her
>wife cannot forgive me.
>eventually have to go to war again, and again, and again.
>realise i'm running out of time to change my inheritance laws to keep the kingdom intact.
>have to make all vassals Like me and have peace
>wars wont ever end.
>eventually amass enough gold to get mercs to finish war, use little I have leftover to pay off nobles for relationship bonus
>change laws
>die weeks later
>we was kangs ;_;
pic related, my Jewish African Mongolian heir
>>
>>47728470
>marry a genius from the byzantine empire and make her my spymaster.
Stat bonus from marriage and from council position do not stack you retard.
>>
>>47737137

I think it would be nice to get a system where you're allowed to conquer multiple counties per war, but if you don't have a claim it results in some nasty modifiers or relation hits.

It's just dumb that the King of England can't conquer the entirety of York in one go, or the moment Prussia converts to Good Boy Catholic that Poland has to conquer one county at a time.

If you've got a claim on all the lands, you should be allowed to declare a war for all the lands.
>>
>>47725692

Spain arguably has the prettiest borders of all the empires.

None can deny the might of the golden box.
>>
>>47739673
Beautiful.
I want to live in a world ruled by negromongolian Jews.
>>
>>47739676
It's better to have a wife SM who won't plot against you.
>>
>>47739694
>not Britannia
>not Russia
>not Italia
>piss yellow box is best
lel
>>
File: tully fucking shits.png (413 KB, 491x473) Image search: [Google]
tully fucking shits.png
413 KB, 491x473
>GoT mod a few years back
>be ruler created west valyrian lord of some shitty little land near King's Landing
>just mind my own business, make friends, make children
>stannis wins the war of five kings and hates my guts for some reason
>it doesn't matter, he gets his ass assassinated
>shireen rules for all of two years before Dany comes over and miraculously wins the war (something I've never been able to accomplish playing as her)
>she gives me a dragon egg because i'm just that loyal of a vassal to king's landing
>makes me lord of riverrun and warden of the riverlands
>dany dies
>new king is someone i've never heard of before
>they take away my warden title
>my dragon hatched awhile back
>decide to conquer all of westeros
>do so with ease

dragons are op.
>>
>>47739810

Italy only looks pretty in HIP.

Russia is a mess in the middle of nowhere.

Britannia is boring and full of annoying islands.

The piss box is situated in the perfect juncture that makes everything from crusades to Western Ambitions possible, and their strategic location means it's easily defensible, easy to track and very easy to grab all your units.
>>
>>47735802
>The Kind
>>
>>47739926
Just because he eats doesn't mean he's a monster anon

>>47739919
I think Britannia looks better, and Russia is fun if you want to build up for the mongols invasions.
Italia I just like.
I just find spain boring however, though that might have something to do with the 900 hours I've put in
>>
>>47739981
>>47739919
>>47739810

>tfw no Serbian Empire incorporating Serbia, Bosnia, Bulgaria and Croatia
>>
>>47740025
Just make your own anon, it only cost 8000 prestige :^)
>>
Played as House Greyjoy in the GoT CK2 mod, you can host raids as a 10 year old and capture salt-wives.

Salt-wives can be impregnated at random by scripted event.

I remember being a 14 year old character and already had 10+ children.

It was quite amusing.
>>
>>47740081

>12 year old Viking impregnating a 27 year old Westerling

[loud sweating]
>>
>read this thread
>check my Steam wishlist
>CK2 is still £30
The Summer sale can't be too far off... right?
>>
That 8,000 prestige really fucked me over once, was so close and some guy I cucked killed me -.-'
Bit unclear but says 7809.....was pissed.
>>
Which of the grand strategy games is best?
>>
CK2, EU4, HOI4 all made by Paradox are all top class strategy games.
>>
>>47740151
Depends on what you want
>>47740156
I hate you
>>
>>47740179
not that guy but, something space related and not paradox?

or with robots im ok with just with them
>>
>>47740211
Distant worlds
>>
>>47740156

You forgot the Liquor Factory Simulator.
>>
>>47740217
craptopable?
>>
>>47740256
No fucking clue, I wouldn't even try to play a GS on a shitty computer, it would lag too much
>>
>>47720978
Your greentexting gave me an erection, anon.
>>
>>47715069
Tried about fifteen times to raise the Alans from a petty duchy to an empire rivalling the Byzantines.

Got steamrolled repeatedly by Byzzies, Persians, steppe people, and once even a Norman adventurer who decided he wanted to become a king on the Pontic Steppe.

Eventually I gave up after those Proto-Hungarian feckers kept coming back east specifically to kick my ass, and I was down to one geriatric impotent king who's main source of entertainment in his twilight years was repeatedly attempting to assassinate his ex-wife.
>>
>>47739679
>If you've got a claim on all the lands, you should be allowed to declare a war for all the lands.
There is a press all claims choice for declaring war that is literally this
>>
>>47740391

That doesn't work for de jure claims on a kingdom or empire.

You can't claim all the lands of England as the King of England, but you can claim all the lands of England if you use your chancellor to get claims in all the lands of England.
>>
You should be able to, Paradox doesn't really care for fixing CK2 anymore though....all the good staff moving over to Stellaris & HOI4.
>>
>>47740419
>all the good staff moving over to Stellaris & HOI4.
That makes it even worse.
>>
>Emir of tigris
>My liege constantly conquers new lands
>Fight from Mekka to Greece
>For some reason, I'm super popular
>First crusade happens
>We loose Greece, but I manage to hold Nikea in a seperate war
>The middle east is torn apart by Sunni/Shia split
>Valiantly fight in the various revolts
>My son-in-law inherits the Abbasid empire and pacifies the region
>Start conquering the fractured Persia
>Some asshole starts a war to make me ruler
>Apparently, I overlooked that faction while fighting at least 3 wars at the same time
>Personally fight back the usurpers
>My liege imprisons and executes me

I've been serving the evil overlord all this time. I knew it throughout these 35 years of constant war, but stayed loyal.

Now it's time to use observer mode and see the whole region implode.
>>
>>47740419
I just hate how much tribal troops suck oh and prepared invasion is worse then useless.

I swear you have to rely on nothing but mercs to get anything done and that gets expensive real quick.
>>
File: 00021.jpg (56 KB, 714x800) Image search: [Google]
00021.jpg
56 KB, 714x800
>>47719041
> I wish my group cared enough about medieval politics and courtly intrigues to ask for a game like that.
Do you even have a system that supports courtly intrigues?

Because the only option I'm aware of is "expect GM to pull something out of his ass". And it never worked well. Yes, someone out there might've had a blast. But I'm talking average GM and average players. There is no consensus and nobody has any idea how important court jester is and what can he pull off.
>>
Is there any way to succeed with the WAP, I swear that there's no fucking way to get out that bottle neck and not get fucked by Islamic dick
>>
>Playing mod that starts with the fall of the roman empire in 446, decide to throw caution to the wind and run with the notion of a pagan revival.

>Lord of the Inner Hebrides under the kingdom of Dal Riata just off the coast of tutorial island, playing as a pictish pagan under an insular christian king.

>Pagan, so wife + 3 concubines

>Abuse the fact that my starting area is a small island to successfully revolt after getting the bonuses for joining my lord's court, because virtually every county is an independant kingdom at this stage, subjugate scotland ambition and just use the pagan subjucation cb.

>Using all the defunct titles from the 7 or so former kingdoms of scotland set up a merchant republic underneath me and start rolling in it just as odoacer takes Rome.

>The only trade republic outside of the middle east and Mediterranean it spreads quickly and soon I have more money than I know what to do with; well I do know what to do with because none of my holds have any buildings as we're all still tribal.

>England is just as fractured as scotland was, and so is ireland, proceed to subjugate one territory at a time and knock all the christian rulers out of both within about 7 years. Meanwhile send excess funds to other minor pagan rulers within reach; successfully kickstart the slavic reformation and the unification of lithuania.

>Run out of CB because some christians held more than one country and have peace treaties, realise that because I've just won a bunch of wars against another faith I can reform the celtic pagans

>Do that and start the holy wars against the christians.

>Dacia, Thrace, and Illyrian states successfully funded and escaped from the eastern roman empire, western roman empire has started its own Hellenic reversion

>At this point I have 20 something kids with tannistry succession, matrilineal marriages for all the bad eggs, dont want grandchildren in someone else's court winning the vote.
>>
So what's the best version of CK2? Currently, I'm thinking 2.5.2 is.
>>
>>47740608
>>
>>47740563
>Christian regions under my control start reverting,
>Begin marrying off kids I dont want to other pagan rulers, get worried because the slavs have started pushing into an unreformed germany
>Stop being worried when some jutish lady in denmark manages to get a germanic reform going
>She is promptly killed by her own daughter who migrates and conquers dalmatia from the remains of the western roman empire.
>Most of the UK and iceland are celtic pagan now, proceed to reach feudalism and form an empire, start working on fixing france and northern spain with the help of the last pagans in brittany
>Eastern roman empire is having monthly revolts at this point; sparta and macedonia have both renounced nicean christianity and the emperor is losing his foothold in europe
>Catholic church not forming.jpeg
>Manage to secure northern france while the visigoths control the south before my character dies
>Somehow missed one of my unwanted kids having a bastard who got legitimised and wins the tannistry vote
>Dynasty immediately turns to infighting and shitfisting
On the plus side even while anyone with good traits is probably going to die, the tannistry succession is keeping me from losing outright.
>>
File: Guy.jpg (74 KB, 472x656) Image search: [Google]
Guy.jpg
74 KB, 472x656
>>47740608
2.4.5 is the best version in my opinion.
>>
>>47740125
the game goes on sale pretty often. just keep an ear to the ground and it'll pop up.
>>
>>47740637

That's the patch right before Conclave, right?

I have to agree with that, Conclave added some really dumb mechanics that makes it too similar to EU IV.
>>
>>47740693
Correct, I took one look at it and though "this seems really shit"
turns out it was
good DLC never ever
>>
>>47740727
The right thing to do, in my opinion, is to dial CK2 back to 2.4.5 and play it with the CK2 plus mod.
>>
>>47740764
CK2+, fix some of the religious features, double the birthrate and increase the miscarriage rate to 25%, (no overhead on memory as the miscarriages dont generate new characters if you edit the ini file), increase army movement speed and navy movement speed slightly, increase retreat casualty rates rather than chasing broken armies all over the map while picking at them.

Then go looking for some extra content (WoL with a 90% decrease in the seduction rate is a good start)
>>
>>47740125
Just steal it you cunt.
>>
>>47740475
>"Waaaaaah!"
>"I can't build a Viking Empire in one generation!"
Get fucked
>>
>>47716249
I love stories like this. If only I could play the game worth a damn.
>>
File: 2015-10-19_00001.jpg (414 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-19_00001.jpg
414 KB, 1366x768
>>47715069
BLACKED
>>
>>47740764

2.4.5+HIP for me, never looked back.
>>
>>47736021
64-bit architecture with lots of threads. Other than that, the only changes I want are small patch-sized things. I'd like more disease like the original CK had, but they've got a DLC slated to add that to CK2, so I reckon we're all good. Republic and Horse Lords and Conclave all have kind of awkward implementations that I'd like to see done differently, though.

>>47737399
Fuck you Johan.
>>
>>47739250
>king
>using an axe
Buy a sword, snownigger.
>>
>>47740419
>good staff
>HoI4
Then why is it like that?
>>
Ahhh shit CK2 thread. Hmm do i have any of my old screenshots left i wonder?

Anyways, probably my favortie thing to do in this game, unless they nerfed it too, is to go full fucking Mongol Mongol on the planet. Seriously Horse Rapists did suck for everyone BUT the nomads themselves. However it made the nomads a joy to play, just like the Vikings when they first came out. Anyway If you fuckers want a real challenge hah as if, and have already done Karen and or the Zoros in 769, take the Khangan of Otuken in 769 for a spin. Took me about 5 ironman restarts to manage to work my way out from under the Uyghurs and their friends. But i'd be a lair if i said that purging nearly half of Europe of civilized life by 1200 wasnt fun as all fuck.
>>
>>47740419
>HoI4
>Hurr durr the AI only fucking PRETENDS to attack you half the fucking time the game.
>Good Staff.

Look this aint /gsg/ but seriously retard? HoI4 AND Stellaris came out like 1.5 years too fucking early.
>>
>>47741283
HoI4 didn't come out yet, but it's been in development so long that I suspect any amount of time won't make it much better.
Stellaris came out too early but it's honestly looking like the next CK2 in terms of quality and success. Check back in a year and I bet it'll be quite fun.
>>
>>47741329
I already have like 150+ hours into Stellaris so yeah id agree with you there.

Also. Yes HoI4 is released. http://steamcommunity.com/games/394360/announcements/detail/598230980176499001
And no from what ive seen i will not be buying it. Ive got more than enough WW2 to be playing from HoI 2 and 3.
>>
>>47741372
>Also. Yes HoI4 is released.
Shows how hype I've been. Those reviews look like about what I expected, but maybe I'll give it a shot in September.
>>
File: 1440559396842.jpg (125 KB, 642x411) Image search: [Google]
1440559396842.jpg
125 KB, 642x411
>love what I'm reading in the thread
>really thinking of getting into the game myself
>go to look up CK2 on Steam

>full collection for the game is $159.99

DLC was a mistake.
>>
>>47740675
I check my wishlist pretty much every day
>>47740993
I only pirate when there's no other way to get the game i.e. legal douchebaggery, my Australian friend.
>>47741499
Yyyyyup.
>>
>>47741499
Pirate the DLC. It's super easy and has no downside. /gsg/ on /vg/ has the full complement DDL linked from the OP.
>>
Anyone want to do a multiplayer game?
>>
>>47741548
You don't run into problems even if you're running the Steam version of the game?
>>
>>47741597
That's correct.
>>
File: 102313_1.1.jpg (75 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
102313_1.1.jpg
75 KB, 900x600
>>47739564
>Following board rules is cancer
>>
>>47716182
fuckin' saved
>>
>>47741752
Enforcing board rules isn't your job, it's just metaposting. You report and move on since no mod fucking cares.
>>
File: I'll never see it coming.jpg (720 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
I'll never see it coming.jpg
720 KB, 1920x1080
>>47739676
I never said nor implied anything to that effect.
I forgive you, but please, think before you post next time.
>>
File: eggnog.jpg (136 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
eggnog.jpg
136 KB, 960x960
>>47741752
DoW is acceptable. From time to time, if /tg/ takes an interest in a game that /v/ ignores, it is tolerated on the board. It usually has a strong background in tabletop, or is a significant historical game. Harpoon 4, CMANO, DoW, all have spent time on this board. CK and Europa IV are also present, as is TW:WFB.

I don't get why people get so worked up about it.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.