[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ Shadowrun General - Silver Bullets, Wood Stakes, and APDS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74
File: Flawsfinal1.jpg (664 KB, 1275x825) Image search: [Google]
Flawsfinal1.jpg
664 KB, 1275x825
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Green Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Ghoulmail...

*Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
*Last Viewed Files: >>>47680774
*Ordo_Maximus_Mailing_List_REMEMBER_TO_DELETE_THIS_AFTER_SENDING_THE_BAKESALE_INVITES_THIS_TIME_PHIL_DE_VRIES_IS_GETTING_CLOSE.epub
*Goblin_Tunnels_Map.trd
*Stake_To_The_Heart.sklchp
*LoupGarou_Fight_Training.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 286 (77% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Three More Dead, We Need To Geek This Harvester NOW'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running VampsSuckBest.btl...

>Watch your back
>shoot straight
>conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a wendigo

You just got a call from your fixer, he's set you up with a very important job. There's some type of Infected hunting in your neighbourhood - not sure what, but all signs point to a Type II, possibly multiple variants working together judging by the state of the corpses that are piling up. You need to find it (or them) and geek them today. What's your plan?
Also, you faggots better write up an OP, I'm tired of making threads[/spoilers]
>>
File: Who Will Stop Me.gif (931 KB, 301x240) Image search: [Google]
Who Will Stop Me.gif
931 KB, 301x240
>>47711131
Tell me about it.

I'm neurotic when it comes to GMing, terrified that the players will think of something and I won't know how to describe it mechanically, so I have gathered some texts that I'm pretty sure are illegal, or at least highly suspicious. Anarchist Cookbook, stuff on how bodies rot (and how to change the rate of decomposition), Poisoner's Handbook (describing what plants and minerals are toxic, how they kill or injure, and how to secretly dose someone with them), and all manner of things about how to resist tear gas, how to properly loot a building, common police procedures and how to get around them, etc.

I'm worried that I'll be implicated in a crime somehow, or just go missing, and the cops will seize my computer and fuck me.
>>
>>47711747
Having the mage send out his Spirits to locate the pack is my best bet.

After that, FAB-III the whole fucking nest!
>>
>>47711796
Dude, given how efficient the governmental and peacekeeping bodies are at this shit, I can only say one thing: don't worry.
>>
So, how does this sound as a full essence point worth of bioware for a Log-based mage?

*Alpha Cerebellum Booster 1
*Standard Cerebral Booster 2
*Alpha Pain Editor
*Standard Platelet Factory

You start with 14 dice to resist drain, ignore pain penalties and stun, take one less physical when you do take it, and it's all possible for a starting character (with Restricted Gear).

Alternatively, replace Platelets with Symbiotes so that you can heal up faster from drain. And if you don't mind either delaying getting everything, you can replace either with another level of the Cerebral Booster.
>>
>>47711796
Just remember, knowledge isn't illegal. Using that knowledge, however, is. So try to not make friends with shady people, because if you do, you are gonna get raped in the showers when you are in prison.
>>
File: red_steel_2-wallpaper-1600x900.jpg (687 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
red_steel_2-wallpaper-1600x900.jpg
687 KB, 1600x900
What's your next character concept? this is mine.
>>
File: PC Plans.png (524 KB, 800x1098) Image search: [Google]
PC Plans.png
524 KB, 800x1098
>>47712033
You got a bunch of FAB-III lying around? It's 20F and 25,000¥ per square meter, so trying that would cost hundreds of thousands of nuyen, not to mention that acquiring it takes time that you don't have- the job has to be done today.

Also, where are you that you can send spirits to comb the whole neighbourhood without pissing someone off? Extraterritorial zones will blast their astral ass to dust, the regular cops will be on you for violating all kinds of privacy laws, and even if you do somehow find this hidden den the potentially dual-natured Infected will see you coming and be ready to eat your face off.

0/10, would not run with.
>>
>>47712182
Just got done making an Adam-Jensen-esque character.

Dual Obvious cyber arms, enhanced AGI + STR, Hand Blades and Shock Hands.

Better yet, here's a character sheet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmbmzbuv29c997f/Dex.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>47712220
Sure, go in with all guns blazing, kiddo. One more body on the pile.
>>
>>47712402
>told to do a job

>proposes an outlandish plan uses resources that he could not possibly have, with information he could not possibly get

>'the only options are this way or you walk in the front door and die'
>>
>>47712451
Blah, blah, blah...

Do us all a favor and either put your money where your mouth is or shut up, kiddo.

Jesus, the admins let everyone post on this shadowfeed these days...
>>
>>47712182

I'm wondering if cybered up drake rigger who carries an 80-lbs elf minigunner on their back while accompanied by a small fleet of flying drones is a playable option.
>>
File: Shadowrun Skill Trees.png (1 MB, 3750x3000) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Skill Trees.png
1 MB, 3750x3000
Still working on this unholy Shadowrun-XCOM hybrid.
Please tear this apart for me.
But ignore Psionics. I know it's lorebreaking, but it does make sense in context, I promise.
>>
File: Angry Bear.gif (621 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
Angry Bear.gif
621 KB, 440x247
>>47712641
>every category has three subcategories

>every category but one

rename mutant as SURGE, and add shapeshifter or something in there, Ghost Christ anon it's triggering me so bad
>>
>>47712641

Hi Daniel!
>>
>>47712641
Swap Burnout with Biocompatibility
>>
>>47712451
dat pic
fucking 12/10
I laughed so hard I snorted
>>
>>47711747
Groups rigger analyses the data on the victims locations and tries to find out where the cukprits are operating from. CCTV footage is screened also for information.

Meanwhile rest of the gang gets milspec NBC suits and bodysuits to go under them. Flamethrowers are also acquired.

Hopefully rigger finds out where the cukprits operate from and team is ready to go. Using drones to recon, find the culprits, burn the culprits and burn everything just incase.
>>
File: 1437173457470.jpg (59 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1437173457470.jpg
59 KB, 700x700
>>47712963
>milspec NBC suits and bodysuits to go under them

Like what, the MCT EE Suit from R&G? It's only Armour 6. Unless there is some really great armoured bodysuit that I have forgotten, it's still going to be close whether or not they can claw through the seal and into your flesh. Definitely a viable plan, though.
>>
>>47712963

> Flamethrowers are also acquired.

...that reminds me, are there stats for flamethrowers in 5e?
>>
File: Flamethrower.jpg (19 KB, 736x426) Image search: [Google]
Flamethrower.jpg
19 KB, 736x426
>>47713507
The Blazer in R&G is the best one. 10P, -6AP, SA/BF/FA and of course the potential to set something on fire, all your for 2200 nuyen plus ammo.

Only 4 shots in it and it takes a full turn to reload, though, so probably a good idea to use it in pairs. One guy coats the room in napalm while the other stands by with a shotgun or something automatic in case it keeps coming, or gets the chance to put it down instead of having it run around setting the building on fire.
>>
>>47713667

Thanks! Just what I needed for my juicer muscle.
>>
>>47712963
Why bother going in yourself when your rigger can send drones they cannot feed on?
>>
File: Underbarrel Flamethrower M44.jpg (22 KB, 412x533) Image search: [Google]
Underbarrel Flamethrower M44.jpg
22 KB, 412x533
>>47713678
There's also underbarrel flamethrower rules; for only 200¥ more you can mount it to your favourite assault rifle. There's some special flamethrower rules in R&G, but the most important one is you need Exotic Weapon (Flamethrower).

Definitely worth the investment, IMO.
>>
>>47713476
Our GM would handwave that those milspec NBC suits. Bodysuits underneath them would be the real armor.

>>47713748
More firepower and our elf demolition expert would want to test his new incendiary explosives. Drones are of course coming with us.
>>
>>47713752

Thanks. The only problem is that I just noticed the blazer is 16F, and the underbarrel variant - 18F. So I guess I'm gonna stick with Shiawase Arms Incinerator for now; I'm not gonna need any qualities for 12F, right?
>>
>>47712182
Paraplegic rigger who drives a tank.
>>
>>47713930
Nope.

You might face some weird questions if anyone sees you going around with a slagging flamethrower, but...
>>
File: AMGC.png (47 KB, 1283x443) Image search: [Google]
AMGC.png
47 KB, 1283x443
>>47712182

One that I'll be able to play. Being a forever DM is suffering.

Also, I screencapped this. It amused me.
>>
>>47713967
Enter the frightening world of DMPCs and inject them to right places.
>>
File: caycepollard.jpg (112 KB, 900x965) Image search: [Google]
caycepollard.jpg
112 KB, 900x965
>>47713965

Yeah, right. We weren't planning on hitting anyplace classy anyways. Them runners can go fuck around with dragons and corps; we, honest criminals and friendly, local gangers, have to make our living the hard way.

Also, posting Cayce Pollard 'cause I put her in my /srg/ folder for some reason.
>>
>>47713943
Paraplegic rigger who IS a tank
>>
>>47714006

I might be bitter, but I'm not a dickwad.
>>
>>47713930
Check the price tags again- The Incinerator is 10k. It's also way less accurate and single-shot, for slightly more damage and ammo.

Even if you give the face or your fixer a hefty bribe to get it for you in-game, you'd be saving money and getting a better weapon.
>>
>>47714014
>We, honest criminals and friendly, local gangers, have to make our living the hard way.

I hear you, omae. Be extra prudent when you go after those... things. They're faster, meaner, stronger than before they got infected; and they can do magic. Things can get nasty real fast.
>>
>>47714043
Shadowrun is a pretty great system for a dmpc to be inserted for a session.
>you guys need an extra gun
>call your fixer, he hooks you up with one
>Jimmy the dmpc gets to play for a session
>don't steal the spotlight, but you get to test your characters
>>
>>47712182
I still want to play a cybered up underground boxer elf from tir na nog. (Restricted gear quality for rating 4 muscle replacement)
I started trying to learn Irish because of it.
>>
>>47714017
FINALLY A REASON FOR THE TANK TREAD LEGS
>>
>>47714065

Our "face" is a total bimbo who wouldn't know a flamethrower from a box of matches; I'm not sure it would be reasonable to ask her for anything more dangerous than a blowdryer.

>>47714071

Yeah. Still, an orc gotta eat.
>>
>>47714092
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGDO-9hfaiI&t=46
>>
>>47714043
This >>47714075 was what I was after. Our GM and us like to do big runs in terms of operating so we hire multiple freelancers or our contacts to help us. GM then digs out proper pre-made characters to help us. For example when we smuggled guns to Ancients we had Ancient brawler as DMPC to ensure that our business in Ancient territory goes without disturbance.
>>
>>47714075
You mean "NPC".
>>
>>47714075

Thanks for advice, but I'm still not convinced. Accidentaly masturbating with my character is one thing. But there's also the fact that the vibes that I feel while DMing are very different from those i get while playing. I don't think it'd be possible for me to both run a game and enjoy it at the same time.
>>
>>47714116
Then walk up to a random guy on the street and offer him 5000¥ plus expenses if he can get you a Blazer.

There is no universe where it would be preferable to waste 10,000¥ on a shitty weapon when the better version is still well within accessibility range of a PC in-game, is one-fifth the price, AND IS BETTER.

Don't shackle yourself to a shit gun because it's the easy thing to get at chargen; stretch your RP muscles a tiny amount and it will pay dividends.
>>
Might I suggest grenades? They're cheaper, easier to obtain, conceal and use and they pack more punch than a flamethrower.
>>
>>47714275

Yeah, I know. It's just that... y'know, a flamethrower.

>>47714183

OK, anon. Thanks for your advice.
>>
>>47712182
Mage who works for the nork goverment in exile.
>>
>>47714532
Would that even still be going?

They got invaded by Japan ~70 years ago, and it's not like Best Korea had a big stockpile of resources and well-laundered cash overseas to keep an exiled government going in the early aughts. All the people who remember Kim Jong-Il are either dead or ancient, and they were shown exactly how they had been abused and denied under the Communists.

I can see a hard core of supporters and more hangers-on sticking around for a decade or two (though as no one would want to recognize their claim to Korea or allow the 'exiles' to officially shelter with them in case it pissed of Japan, and everyone got too busy with the Awakening anyways to care about them), but surely by 2077 they must be gone. No money and no support means everyone who saw advantage in supporting them is gone, and 70 years means that everyone with a living memory of DPRK is dead or ancient.
>>
>>47712691
I know, it triggers me too. I tried hard to come up with a good third option but to no avail.
Mutant is primarily (although not exclusively) there to accomodate HMHVV infected, so I don't think SURGE would quite fit. I'm not sold on shapeshifter, unfortunately, seems very narrow and potentially doable under Mutant.
>>47712796
Thank you, I will do that.
>>
>>47713476
Probably more like the Iron Will or similar. ie; a vehicle you walk in. Then you can wear armour underneath.
>>
File: 1432501296535.jpg (113 KB, 618x899) Image search: [Google]
1432501296535.jpg
113 KB, 618x899
>>47712182
male surged Phys adept who was raised believing he is the earthly form of Fenrir. Decided that meta humanity is fucking themselves hard enough, decides to just ride the hedonism train till everything goes to shit.

Spirit mage with Spider as a mentor spirit. Has a plan for everything. Most of the plans call for Parcel F, delivered by air spirits.

A street Sam with no ethics, code of honor, ware, or magic. Does just about anything, and throws handfuls of edge to make things work.
>>
>>47711747
>And never, ever cut a deal with a wendigo
I read this as 'And never, ever cut a deal with a weaboo' first scan.

Still good advice.
>>
>>47715111
Isn't that the lesson of LoveLoveAnon's module?

>>47712182
Egyptian Mage marked by one of the gods, and trying, in general, to avoid getting that much direct attention ever again.

Or at least have it not lead to needing to move through more than one nation in secret.
>>
So, this is kinda embarrassing to ask, but is there any system that can run Shadowrun-y kind of stuff that ISN'T Shadowrun of any edition?
My group is into magic stuff and mystery and actions and humans and supernatural shit and politics, but we genuinely don't have the time in our lives to spend making characters in this edition or the previous ones and the system takes way too much time to set up and all of us can find at LEAST three things in the systems that we absolutely hate.

So basically, are there alternatives to SR? I figured you fellows, knowledgable as you are, might know of alternatives.
>>
>>47715219
GURPS
>>
File: AAAAAAA.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAA.gif
929 KB, 264x320
http://pastebin.com/DxH2D65S

/srg/ help I'm spending karma on Artisan (Swedish Chef)

I'm completely out of ideas for dogrigger and I still have 30 karma to spend

Help me finish this character before I completely lose it
>>
>>47715011
You have an option for Infected? Bold move, Cotton.

On a general note, you can cram SURGE, Infected, and shapeshifters into the same category, as they're all very narrow, but there's no reason to force yourself to do that. You have the space, spread out into 'Infected' (using the Mutant rules) and SURGE (which can also cover shapeshifters). Class I, II, and III level metagenic qualities fit right into the scheme, you just need 2 more powers.

UNSTABLE GENETICS
Once per encounter, you may gain a Metagenic Quality you do not already possess.

MANA FLUX
You permanently gain an inherent metavariant magical ability.

Side note, Latent Telepathy seems OP as fuck. It's Control Thoughts, but with no 'cooldown' (which means no drain?) so there's no reason not to do it over and over, because it's almost always going to be a better option to roll for the chance to eliminate one enemy and gain one ally, then it is to roll for the chance to eliminate one enemy.
>>
>>47715168
What module is that?
>>
File: 1442271766086.jpg (337 KB, 1024x2021) Image search: [Google]
1442271766086.jpg
337 KB, 1024x2021
>>47715307
It's some anon's homebrew. It's in the pastebin. Very mohawk.
>>
>>47714845
The thing about the norks is that their main methods of income (drugs and money counterfeiting) don't really require a nation.
>>
Is there a list of premade missions? Though something like an example secure building with all potential hazards for those trying to break in listed would be good too.
>>
File: Kek Offensive.jpg (99 KB, 717x510) Image search: [Google]
Kek Offensive.jpg
99 KB, 717x510
>>47715365
>North Korean citizens, including government officials have been involved in drug trafficking for years, according to the CIA World Factbook. It said in recent years North Korea had been linked to large shipments of heroin and methamphetamine.
>Other illegal exports North Korea had intended for foreigners had come back to bite the country, Jang said. Counterfeit notes proved to be too poor a quality for foreign use but had ended up on the North Korean market. The problem was so widespread that Pyongyang would not accept widely counterfeit $100 notes for loyalty offerings, insisting $50 notes were paid instead, he said. For its part, the North Koreans have denied any involvement in counterfeiting.
>Similarly, recreational drugs intended for international criminal markets had instead become a domestic headache, with many North Koreans now suffering from addiction to drugs such as meth and opium, he said. Click here to read New Focus' article on drugs in North Korea.

Well, they don't seem to be doing well with a nation.
>>
>>47715534
There's literally a series of modules called Missions, intended for convention play. Check the pastebin, see if those scratch the itch.
>>
New player here, I just want to make Kenshiro. What skills let me punch people so hard they explode? Can I use chi to heal people? is there any way to up physical hitboxes to retarded heights, or should I just get that mystic armor thing my GM mentioned to me.
>>
>>47715864
Holy shit; not that anon but if that's the ones from the convention, I can go back and read the very first run I did.
>>
>>47716068
Phys adept.
Killing hands.
Critical strike.
5e has empathetic healing and transfer damage so you can take on allies wounds and put it on enemies.
4e has some weird chi healing for stun damage.
If you want more Stun, get more willpower
If you want more Phys boxes, raise body.
>>
>>47716068
Killing Hands lets your unarmed attacks do Phys. Get that, Critical Strike (Unarmed), and some stuff to boost your STR, either on a permanent or temporary basis. Consider a point of 'ware, because at the worst you can get 2 PP worth of powers for one Essence (and the nuyen costs, of course).

There's empathing healing and damage channeling, for other's wounds and your own. And there's a power called Supernatural Toughness that gives one Phys and one Stun box per level. It's just a bit costly.
>>
>>47716183
>Damage channeling
Is this from 4e?
>>
>>47715864
Which one would you recommend for 5e?
>>
File: drakengard-chat.jpg (64 KB, 697x359) Image search: [Google]
drakengard-chat.jpg
64 KB, 697x359
How do I port pic related to Shadowrun?

Also, do you think they'll be happier in this setting?
>>
File: twitch.gif (675 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
twitch.gif
675 KB, 480x270
>>47714014
>You will never be a one woman school of anti.
>>
>>47714075
I tried this and the players keep adopting all the one shot NPCs I make. I feel like maybe I should kill one off but can't find a good reason.
>>
File: Football.png (210 KB, 401x345) Image search: [Google]
Football.png
210 KB, 401x345
>>47716559
>can't find a good reason

>Implying a reality check brought on by an act of random violence wouldn't be appropriate to remind the players that they are in a dystopia, a chaotic and harsh world where they are very much on the outside of whatever protection exists
>>
>>47716221
It's the transfer damage that the person above mentioned. I just done forgot the name.
>>
>>47716502
Mys-Adept that uses a Finnish variation on the general framework of the Norse tradition. More singing, less eye-sacrifices.

Probably won't be much happier, but at least Z already has a runner-ish type story to her. No comment on Caim of Caerleon and Red, though.
>>
>>47716607
Being a dick just to set the tone is too much like being a dick just because. I want a Watsonian reason to off someone, not a doyleist one.
>>
File: 1442416409996.png (545 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
1442416409996.png
545 KB, 800x531
>>47716308
Chasing the Wind is good if you're brand new to SR. It's very sort of set-upy, a clear laying of the groundwork for the rest of the season.

I'd read the first couple of both Seasons 4 and 5, see which one strikes your fancy.

>>47716134
Probably. Depends on when you started and who ran it- they release the Missions regularly for everyone, but there's also special CGL ones that their staff uses for the big cons, which are held back from the public for a year.
>>
>>47716653
?

>The world sucks and sometimes people die
is the Watsonian answer.

>There are too many NPCs running around for you to keep track of
is the Doylist reasoning.
>>
>>47715833
>Well, they don't seem to be doing well with a nation.
Yeah, they're not very good at running one. Once they no longer have a nation, all those problems evaporate and they can instead become a criminal syndicate that happens to dream about bringing about a revolution some day.
>>
File: NERPS.jpg (14 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
NERPS.jpg
14 KB, 240x240
Hey, if that anon who is making an actual play series and was looking for commercial ideas is still around, NERPS. Throw some NERPS in there, they'll be great.
>>
>>47716502
>How do I port pic related to Shadowrun?
Spirit pact of some sort. It would be with a free spirit instead of a dragon but eh.
>Also, do you think they'll be happier in this setting?
No.
>>
>>47715219
Savage Worlds, FATE, Apocalypse World, all of them have conversion guides in the net.
>>
>>47715219
Nova Praxis.
>>
File: The issues with .02 essence.png (667 KB, 518x834) Image search: [Google]
The issues with .02 essence.png
667 KB, 518x834
>>
>>47712182
College age Ork phys adept. Plays on the college's combat bike team and is running to try to pay his tuition fees after his father died. Very bro, has a Jazz addiction.
>>
>>47717150
holy shit my sides.
>>
>>47717150
>>
>>47712182
A pop-star character that juggles her celebrity life with being a runner.

Would have disguises, good in social situations, and would be the party's sniper that uses LOS spells with a scope instead of bullets.
>>
File: Becky Lynch.jpg (18 KB, 236x283) Image search: [Google]
Becky Lynch.jpg
18 KB, 236x283
>>47712182
>>47714092
Reminds me of a concept I had - SINless girl of Irish descent grabbed by the Boston Massacre Urban Brawl team, brainwashed through a personafix into a hard-drinking lass with a brogue and outfitted with shotgun fists. She tested well with trial audiences, but something happened (I guess the fitting scenario now would be the Lockdown) and she was cut loose/ran off. Now she's on her own, kitted with fighting 'ware and a personality that doesn't quite fit.

Now that I remember it, I should really make it up.

Does anyone know if any of those fighting bracers with the guns built in are any good, or should I go straight to cybershotguns?
>>
The Nyyen shave club...
I like the idea of using them, but so many european accents I cannot imitate as a GM.
>>
>>47717775
>The Nyyen shave club

What? I've never heard of that before.
>>
>>47717811
Some anon made it. All razorgirl squad named Braun, Phillips, Gillette, Shick, and Venus.
>>
File: Riven (Cyber).jpg (573 KB, 3543x2091) Image search: [Google]
Riven (Cyber).jpg
573 KB, 3543x2091
>>47718011
How do Shick and Venus fit in?
>>
>>47719340
Those are brands of razors, too.
>>
>>47719388
Eh, had to google those.
>>
>>47718011
Do they fight against dwarves with massive fucking beards?
>>
>>47717491
>fighting bracers with the guns built in
What would those be, Anon?
>>
>>47720606
Hard Targets Exotic Firearms. Read it.
>>
File: BLASTER KNUCKLE.jpg (123 KB, 1438x1200) Image search: [Google]
BLASTER KNUCKLE.jpg
123 KB, 1438x1200
>>47717491
>Shotgun Fists

There can only be one
>>
File: 1465281367200.jpg (660 KB, 1840x1232) Image search: [Google]
1465281367200.jpg
660 KB, 1840x1232
>>47712182
Christian theurge (dispelling, healing, and buffs, mostly, one attack spell) who disguises himself as another samurai. Body armor, shotgun, the works. Tries to lead a normal life while also running--at least, as normal a life as you can lead in SINless communities--but sticks to the shadows because he wants to try and act as a voice of reason, mercy, and good will in a profession and underworld rife with corruption, decadence, and violence.

He's a sinner, yes. But he's just a normal guy trying to basically do that "four or five minutes," of heroism that Colossus was talking about in the Deadpool film, while also trying to guide his team to those choices--when the job allows.

To some, he might be a contradiction in terms. I'm trying to play him as complicated and emotional, a guy who loves, hates, feels, and acts; he's just trying to be a better person, a bit at a time.
>>
File: Md6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Md6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47715219
I tend to use this with the weapons and cyber module from OpenD6: Space.
>>
>>47711747
Our decker creates a rudimentary area the infecteed are acting based on the positions of the murders. The he "acquires" a map of the sewers in this radius and informs the team on possible hideouts.

Our face lets some feelers in the local criminal syndicates. Its not uncommon for the mafia and the like to hit deals with infected packs, easy for bodies they produce to disappear.

Our mage assenses the crime scenes for astral digs of the infected. If he finds anything he sends a spirit of man to use the search power to find the signature. If he can't find anything, he summons a guidance spirit for aid.

When we do find the most possible nest, we plan an ambush near it. Get a hobo or some other fragger nobody will miss, place him near there, tie him up, and shoot him in the gut for a nice slow bleedout. The trigger sets his spy swarm around with some combat drones hidden in the trashcans, our marksman adept is hiding in a rooftop with his anti material rifle with silver rounds, and our street Sam is with the mage nearby in case some infected sniff him up (astral beacon sucks).
>>
>>47715098
What's the image of?
>>
I'm planning on having my group track down and kill/subdue the leader of a cyberwear-obsessed gang for their first real Shadowrun campaign. Assuming that they can't loot the cyberwear from the gang's thugs, is this a good idea?
>>
>>47720929
They can loot most of the 'ware that's what chop shops are for
>>
File: pyro.jpg (178 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
pyro.jpg
178 KB, 1920x1200
>>47712182
I've been thinking about how to make this character work in Shadowrun. It's been a challenge.
>>
>>47712182
Druidic tradition mystic adept elf. Fights with a bow and alchemical preparations . Just a hillbilly that wants to protect his park.
>>
>>47720936
I was planning on having kink bombs that go off on death/separation in the (really obvious) cyberwear of the thugs.
>>
>>47715306
>You have the space, spread out into 'Infected' (using the Mutant rules) and SURGE (which can also cover shapeshifters).
Hmm. It's tempting, if only to fill that third spot... I kind of like cramming SURGE, Infected and any other fringe cases into one tree, though, since it's so vague and customizable that it essentially accounts for anything a player might want to play as without becoming too prominent. I suspect if I split the two, Infected would almost never be chosen, while every player would be dipping into SURGE to snowflakeify themselves. I'll have to think on it.
>Latent Telepathy seems OP as fuck.
The intent is for the roll to become near-impossible if you try to make the target shoot his own allies or something, because he's putting up so much mental resistance. But if you simply direct him to attack your Street Sam instead of your Decker, that's going to be very easy.
Some of the actual Psionic spells would be full-on multi turn mind control, so it's still an OP tree, but Latent Telepathy is the tip of the iceberg. Thankfully, it can be safely ignored for at least a dozen sessions.
>>
Out of curiosity, if Shadowrun-level cyberwear became available tomorrow, how many of you would get it?
>>
>>47721078
If money were no object? Why wouldn't you get it? Instant superhuman powers plus install a swiss army knife into your forearms and a computer into your brain.
>>
>>47721078
Yo.

>chocolate sauce ejaculating horse dick here I come!

I will name him Mr. Wonka.
>>
>>47721078
I'd get the less invasive short. Reaction enchancers and the like. Bioware on the other hand....
>>
>>47721078
Mostly small stuff, Cyber eyes/ears. Maybe a vocal range extender. Depends on how much the ware will cost.
>>
File: borg.png (3 MB, 1138x1039) Image search: [Google]
borg.png
3 MB, 1138x1039
>>47721078
>>47721094

The borg were the bad guys in star trek but let's be real, people would line up around the block for the chance to install power tools on their body.
>>
>>47721125
The higher end(more capacity)stuff will cost you about as much as a four door sedan(this covers the actual cyberware and the implantation surgery)
>>
>>47712641
Calling all runners, come up with something to fill that blank space before i lose my FUCKING mind
>>
>>47721210
Shapeshifters ?
CFD infected ?
Drakes ?
>>
>>47721210
Blood Mage
>>
>>47721078

I'd grab a pair of cybereyes, that's for sure. Ditto on anything else, but leaning towards 'rather not'.
>>
>>47721210

Contacts?
>>
>>47721158
Thing is: even the R1 cybereyes have 20/20 vision, which would be an improvement + 1 or 2 additional things would be fine
>>
>>47720943
Mage/MysAd with "Witness My Hate" and "Elemental Focus". Only Fire Spells and Spirits. All weapons linked to fire somehow.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
Plays an elf decker chaser who's hot for the ork and troll dick. GM hates elves. Elf gets no troll dick bc NPCs also hate elves :(
>>
>>47721078
Couldn't afford it.
>>
>>47722405
I'd go into debt for specific cyber picks. Not that the stuff I'm thinking of is more expensive than a good computer.
>>
File: Time For Some Fisting.png (534 KB, 712x1123) Image search: [Google]
Time For Some Fisting.png
534 KB, 712x1123
>>47720780
There's room for a few.
>>
File: POWERFIST.png (1 MB, 1600x1050) Image search: [Google]
POWERFIST.png
1 MB, 1600x1050
>>47722499
It can be a verb.
>>
File: best girl.png (721 KB, 680x766) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
721 KB, 680x766
>>47722499
There will always be room for more Yang.
>>
Reading about the crash zone in the Barrens. A potential plot hook mentioned is recovering parts from the crashed space plan, any ideas for useful parts besides the blackbox?
>>
File: Yang Ground Pound.gif (3 MB, 328x116) Image search: [Google]
Yang Ground Pound.gif
3 MB, 328x116
>>47722559
It's a shame that more people don't use built-in weaponry, tbeh. It always struck me as very stylish and cyberpunk.

and you best change that filename to 'second best girl after obvious best girl Weiss'
>>
File: Shotgun Expanding Slug.png (649 KB, 652x577) Image search: [Google]
Shotgun Expanding Slug.png
649 KB, 652x577
>Above is their 1.25oz 1600fps all-copper slug designed to expand to an incredible 2.5″ and penetrate just enough to punch through a hostile human with little energy left to harm anyone downrange. If you’ve ever heard the expression: “a hole big enough to toss a cat through,” consider that cats can fit any opening larger than their heads, and smaller breeds have heads under 2.5″ in circumference. The copper or aluminum expander die visible in the middle ensures reliable opening even through heavy clothing. The die itself penetrates deeper than the expanded slug.

How does anyone survive any kind of gunshot wound in the future, where there is no one who can stop people from making and selling these to anyone with the cash to buy them?
>>
>>47722446

Yeah, but that'd mean you'd receive some unresistable P damage every now and then.
>>
>>47722561
The "black box" is usually two distinct otems - an FDR (Flight Data Recorder) and CVR (Cockpit Voice Recorder). They're invariably located in the tail section so there's a chance smashed to bits when the plan flies nose-first into a mountain. They're also actually orange and not particularly box shaped. All useful information if you wanna send runners after them.
>>
>>47722670
>implying /srg/ wouldn't immediately commit cybercrime

I'm rocking over to Loren Coleman's mansion and pulling a Robin Hood. Once In Debt is paid off, there's probably still a few hundred thousand left lying around.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>47722619
Hollow point and other expanding rounds aren't really restricted now, as far as I know. They're actually less effective against bulletproof vests and such because they normally lack spitzer points.

Honestly at the point where you're talking about getting hit in the torso with a shotgun slug, the question is less whether or not you're going to die, and more how long you're going to take to die. That's a sick slug, but it almost seems redundant against unarmed human targets, and against armored human targets shotguns are generally poor weapons because of the low velocity of their slugs.
>>
>>47722697

Hope you gather enough Karma to pay the debt off too, then.
>>
>>47722619
For starters, that thing probably doesn't work like the advertisement claims it does all the time. There's usually a good reason, or reasons, for novelty ammo to remain nothing but a novelty.

Second, not every hit is a solid centre of mass one or something like that. Blow off a finger, nick someone and just rip up a nasty looking gash along the side, whatever.

Third, go look up Phineas Gage. The amount of shit that's potentially survivable is pretty fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1454146870227.jpg (58 KB, 518x561) Image search: [Google]
1454146870227.jpg
58 KB, 518x561
>>47722714
>>
>>47722561
Also, a spaceplane would probably have one of these for the crew:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primary_Life_Support_System

Which would record crew vitals - potentially useful for crash investigations, and might contain proprietary software and hardware of interest to corporate rivals.

Beyond this, if the crash isn't too old (or if the plane was cutting edge) even fuselage materials might be interesting to competitors. Crashed drones and stealth planes get gone over with a fine toothed comb even today.
>>
File: CGL Embezzlement Apology.png (558 KB, 1045x763) Image search: [Google]
CGL Embezzlement Apology.png
558 KB, 1045x763
>>47722716
Did you miss the part about going after Coleman? I'll be swimming in karma.
>>
>>47722694
>>47722746
Thanks! The run will be not long after the crash occurs 2059 so this is all useful to know.
>>
>>47722518
Fist can definitely be a verb. Good reference, too.
>>
File: G4CcL5n.png (1 MB, 1500x1200) Image search: [Google]
G4CcL5n.png
1 MB, 1500x1200
>>47722578

Pretty sure /srg/ is "Blake is best girl" territory.
>>
File: Angry Best Girl Noises.gif (709 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
Angry Best Girl Noises.gif
709 KB, 500x250
>>47723616
Pretty sure that's bullshit, because no one thinks Whiny Self-Absorbed Coward With No Ass is best girl.
>>
File: loudsilence.png (101 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
loudsilence.png
101 KB, 500x281
>>47723785

But catgirls are best girls. QED.
>>
Shadowrun-XCOM hybrid person here again, currently working on Parts for Riggers to easily create custom drones with.
Do you guys have any creative ideas?
The basic idea is that in addition to spending points on their stats, drones have a Weapon slot, a Chassis slot, a Skill slot, a Movement slot and a Controller slot, and you choose a part to put in each slot. Higher level Riggers get an additional slot which can be filled with a second Weapon or Skill part.

RANK 0
Weapon - Basic Blade: A crude melee weapon. 3-4 damage. 1 range.
Weapon - Basic Cannon: A crude single shot cannon. 4-5 damage. 12-22 range. 1/1 ammo.
Chassis - Exposed: This drone has exposed circuitry and takes 1 additional damage from all sources.
Skill - Self Destruct: Explode on command, destroying the drone but also dealing 8 damage. The parts cannot be salvaged after a drone has self destructed.
Movement - Deployed: Must be manually picked up and deployed at different points, both of which take an action point. Can take cover. 0 Mobility, +15 Aim.
Movement - Wheels: Drives around on wheels, making it fast but unstable. Cannot take cover. +1 Mobility, -10 Aim.
Controller - Remote: Must be manually controlled with a remote control. Controller must spend an ability point each turn to control the drone.

RANK 1
Skill - Holo Targeting: Mark a target for the next 2 turns. Any allied unit attacking that target gains a +15 Aim bonus.
Skill - Repair: Heal a mechanical unit for 3 HP. Can target self.
Movement - Quadripedal: Bounds about on four legs and is capable of more complex movements. Cannot take cover. +3 Mobility.
Movement - Propeller: Floats in the air, suspended by a propellor. Movement is sluggish but its height gives it a vantage point. Cannot take cover. Flight. +10 Aim, -10 Defense, -1 Mobility.
Controller - Interface: Manually controlled, but with a neural interface. Does not require an ability point to control, but will cease to act if its controller is stunned, critically wounded or dead.
>>
File: RWBY Neon Katt.png (561 KB, 540x1080) Image search: [Google]
RWBY Neon Katt.png
561 KB, 540x1080
>>47723850
If you absolutely must stick your dick in a subhuman, you could at least pick one that smiles now and then.
>>
>>47723875
RANK 2
Weapon - Fists: Deals consistent damage of (Strength / 2).
Weapon - Launcher: Must be loaded with explosives to fire. Boosts range of fired explosives by 6 and damage by 2.
Weapon - Mounted: The drone may equip and unequip a primary weapon like any metahuman, and use that weapon to the best of its ability.
Skill - Biological Repair: Heal an organic unit for 4 HP.
Movement - Bipedal: Walks on two legs. Can take cover. Can Hunker Down.
Movement - Treads: Cannot take cover. +1 Armor and +10 Aim.
Controller - Programming: Independent, if predictable programming. Continues to act even if its creator is stunned, critically wounded or dead.

RANK 3
Weapon - Railgun: An energy-based railgun prototype. 12-14 damage. 10-30 range. 1/1 ammo. Ignores armor and cover.
Chassis - Heavy Plating: +3 Armor, immune to critical hits.
Controller - AI: Fully intelligent, acts independently. Capable of communicating and has thoughts and desires. Can level up and has limited access the skill tree.

Comment was too long. That's everything I've come up with so far.
>>
>>47723889
Rename Controller - AI as Pilot Program.

And we have no idea how your game works, so how can we propose anything useful mechanically? You might as well just pull the modification chapter from Rigger5 and use that.
>>
>>47723912
Fair point. I suppose the best thing would be to ignore mechanics and come up with cool conceptual things instead.
If you want to, I mean. I'm not demanding help or anything.
>>
Need your help here again, /srg/.

Need a name for a Gator Shaman. So far I can only get the basic easy modo names.

>Leatherhead
>Sharptooth
>DamnThatsaNicePurse
>etc
>>
>>47724295

> Chomp
> Swampy
> Nibble
> Gatsby
>>
File: Feels Phaser.gif (494 KB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
Feels Phaser.gif
494 KB, 500x238
>>47723926
mfw I do help
mfw you reject every idea I have
mfw you have a category specifically for infected/SURGE/shapeshifters and fucking psionics, but balancing it out with SURGE as a separate category is 'too snowflakey'
>>
File: Florida Man.jpg (72 KB, 817x769) Image search: [Google]
Florida Man.jpg
72 KB, 817x769
>>47724295
Florida Man
>>
>>47724295

> Tick-Tock
> Vector
> GatorAide
> K Rool
>>
>>47724565
>mfw you have a category specifically for infected/SURGE/shapeshifters and fucking psionics, but balancing it out with SURGE as a separate category is 'too snowflakey'
It's not that. All of these things are snowflakey, make no mistake. My point was that if I made a category specifically for SURGE, it would be a lot more immediately appealing and inviting than a catch-all category for SURGE, HMHVV infected and rare races. With the catch-all category, SURGE is put on equal footing with infected and things like shapeshifters, and should in turn be percieved as being just as rare as them.
I'm sorry if I rejected all your ideas, anon. Thank you for trying to help me with this. If it's any consolation, that empty spot has been filled now.
>>
File: 52421602_p0.png (989 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
52421602_p0.png
989 KB, 800x800
>>47724295

>Death Roll
>Everglade
>Jaws
>>
>>47724668
What did you put in there?
>>
>>47725215
Drakes
>>
>>47725230
But then, by the logic of >>47724668
>With the catch-all category, SURGE is put on equal footing with infected and things like shapeshifters, and should in turn be percieved as being just as rare as them.

Are you not saying that drakes are as common as SURGE, infected and shifters combined?
>>
File: Shadowrun Skill Trees.png (2 MB, 3750x3000) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Skill Trees.png
2 MB, 3750x3000
>>47725275
>>47725230
That wasn't me, it's not Drakes.
It's a catch-all category for all the 'forbidden' offshoots of magic. Blood Magic, Insect Spirits, etc etc.
>>
>>47725402
OK. Next important question- why the fuck are 'psions' in there and not technomancers?
>>
>>47725430
It was difficult to make mechanical room for Technomancers since I'm being very lazy with my implementation of the Matrix, and without their Matrix-specific abilities, there's too much overlap with Deckers.
Psions are going to be a campaign-specific thing that will be explained when/if they pop up.
>>
Voting this as the theme song of Duncan Wu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyx-xhlBlII

Reasons:

1. He literally dreams of a devil queen
2. Pre-patch, he could literally hog-tie a devil queen
3. He moves back to the west, having come from the west
>>
>>47726316

I think this is more appropriate for Duncan "I'll Ziptie You" Wu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WCL7h2tRjY
>>
File: image.png (828 KB, 1280x1366) Image search: [Google]
image.png
828 KB, 1280x1366
Look at my [boyfriend's[/spoiler] elf decker
>>
File: Elf Decker.jpg (492 KB, 1200x1226) Image search: [Google]
Elf Decker.jpg
492 KB, 1200x1226
>>47727801
You should get him to teach you BBCode before you embarrass him like this again.

Looks nice
>>
>>47727831
my boyfriend is an idiot
same boyfriend GM that won't let the elf have the troll dick he so desperately craves because he hATES ELVES
>>
Hey /srg/, I need to thank you for having these threads. They have been immensingly helpful in learning about the game. I ran my first session of SR5 yesterday and it went swimmingly. I might do a write-up on the session later just for you.
>>
>>47728085
I'm in the middle of reading all the books so I can learn how to GM properly, because finding a game that both fits my schedule and is at a reasonable time on roll20 to play in is literally purgatory.
>>
File: pewpew_by_llamllam-d7st79i.jpg (138 KB, 1280x503) Image search: [Google]
pewpew_by_llamllam-d7st79i.jpg
138 KB, 1280x503
>>47728085

Null sweat, chummer. Just keep paying it forward and help out the next people down the line.
>>
>>47715273

Took a look, was briefly confused, then I realized it was a 4e sheet.

Sorry, omae - I started with 5e and don't think I can really help with 4e chargen.
>>
What makes up a good run, when it gets down to the nitty gritty? I'm always concerned mine seem a little linear.
>>
File: Shadowrunners Plan.jpg (359 KB, 700x3333) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrunners Plan.jpg
359 KB, 700x3333
>>47728944
A goal, obvious obstacles, and a complication that comes up too late (or from an unexpected direction) for them to plan around, so they have to deal with it on the fly.
>>
>>47728944
Objective
Actors (guards, scientists, gangers, whoever is there)
Information Sources (floor plans on the matrix, contacts, patrol routes, anything the players can use to plan the run)
Possible Routes (The players will come up with some alternative plan anyway, but it helps)
Dangers (Heavy patrols, lots of drones, toxic ground in the area, basically things that they have to plan around)
Hidden Dangers/Complications (elevated security, concurrent runner team, exits missing, Small but important things which they can't plan around)

Best strategy is to plan these things and then to improvise. They will defy any plans you have anyway
>>
File: 37267587_p0.jpg (841 KB, 2597x3506) Image search: [Google]
37267587_p0.jpg
841 KB, 2597x3506
>>47728944

I think the open-ended nature of a shadowrun is my favorite thing, and my group's GM is pretty good about letting us get things done creatively.

For example, last session we had a high-profile Johnson who wanted to disguise himself and attend a magical society's swanky party. Our missions was to get him in, and he didn't particularly care how as long as it was relatively quiet. So from there we had literally endless options to try and pull it off. Here's some of what we considered:

>Disguise as staff, bring Johnson into party on a food cart
>Invisible magical airdrop (not an option this time because of how many mages were attending)
>Social engineering to talk Johnson in without him being on the list
>Steal an invite from another guest
>Physical sneakery to put Johnson's alias onto the list
>Social engineering to get Johnson's alias on the list

We ended up using a combo of the last two. Our face brought our (very young-looking) sneaky adept to the society looking to get his "daughter" to be able to join. Talked (and fake cried) his way to a talk with someone actually important. Adept lifted the lady's commlink, the decker hacked it and spoofed a message that got Johnson onto the guest list, then cleaned up his tracks before the face returned the commlink that his "troublesome daughter" nicked.

What does our GM do right?
He goes with the flow
Says "yes" more often than "no"
Doesn't keep us tightly on rails towards his prepared setpieces
Makes the world feel like it's living and interconnected

I'd write more, but I gotta run. Hope that gives you something to think about, anyway.
>>
>It's fucking impossible to get my group to stop playing world of warcraft

just fucking kill me i hate these guys but they're the only ones i have
>>
>>47729426
Can I join your group?
>>
>>47729015
What show/movie is this?
>>
hey /srg/- which should I steal?
Something that's basically a health potion, or something that's basically a viagra potion?

I can't actually tell which would be more valuable, as medicine and dick powerups have, historically, both been SUPER VALUABLE.
>>
>>47730104
Fate/kaleid liner PrismaIllya
>>
>>47730507
Why not both?
Empty out a bottle into a container or something, and mix them half and half into each bottle.
>>
>>47730575
they're in opposite directions.

Also, I don't want to know what happens if you drink a mixed healing and viagra potion.
>>
File: 1459173525459.gif (1 MB, 500x522) Image search: [Google]
1459173525459.gif
1 MB, 500x522
>>47730104
fate stay zeror
>>
>>47730585
infinte dick
>>
>>47730585
Healing, but also a boner.
>>
Why is Seattle featured so prominently in Shadowrun?
>>
>>47730800
Because I live in oregon, and the universe actually revolves around me.
>>
>>47730800

The better question is why is Seattle part of the UCAS in Shadowrun? It makes no sense.
>>
What's your favorite non-Seattle place to host some runs?
>>
>>47730800
Because it's near all kinds of weird non-ucas shit
>>47730897
Because the ucas wanted to keep a pacific port.
Also, because that was required for them to have a exclave surrounded by weird magic shit.
>>
>>47728085
Same, Shadowrun is kind of a mess that needs some help from an online community occasionally.
>>
>>47731608

I'm running my current game in the San Diego-Tijuana Metroplex, and it's a lot of fun. The Azzies are basically struggling to fend off Japanese influence coming down the California coast and are dealing with Catholic insurrection.
>>
So is there any way to be a Scarab Shaman without getting buttfucked by evil insect spirits?

Why are all insect spirits evil, anyway?
>>
WHY ARE DWARVES SO BORING
>>
>>47731789
BECAUSE DWARVES ARE ALWAYS THE SAME IN FANTASY
>>
>>47721760
Also bad rep, antipathy, superhuman psychosis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhOnX8qt3I
>>
>>47731755
>Why are all insect spirits evil, anyway?

Because they're evil abominations from a far-off metaplane that would happily murder everything on Earth for a snack.

You can practise heka and have Khepri as your totem, but if you go around telling people you take orders from a magic beetle you'll get run out of town right fast.
>>
>>47731755
If you are traditions-kun, this HAS been already explained to you.
Not all spirits that are insects are, in fact, Insect Spirits. However, the public perception, outside of a well-informed magical community for instance, of any insect-themed spirit is that they are alien abominations.
Insect Spirts are evil because they literally are alien abominations. They come from some place else and they pretty much all have very bad intentions for metahumanity.
>>
Alright, I need advice from the oldest of beards, and I think this is the only place to get it.

Long story short, at the beginning of my soon-to-be-ran campaign, the players will get fucked over by Horizon and will have a cortical bomb and a camera shoved in the eye, and, after much, much editing, their runs will become sitcom material.

So, I'd like to implement a system of "ratings" ; kinda like reputation, except it's for their show and depends on what kind of crowd they cater to. The gist of it is that if all of their runs are full of gore and explosions, they're going to have legion of action fans, while if they're being manipulative basterds, fans of thriller will start picking their show up. Of course, staying committed to a style is better than switching around.

So I'd like to know what kind of categories of "fans" a show based on shadowrunning could possibly have, and what kind of particularly flashy actions will bring them in. So far I have the action dudes and the thriller fans, but surely there are others ?
>>
>>47732395
Soap opera fans: in character drama that eclipses the actual runs
Weebs: loli catgirls and other stupid bullshit
>>
>>47731659

>Because the ucas wanted to keep a pacific port.

So does that mean Seattle wasn't part of the UCAS prior to California becoming cali-free? That the NaN gave it back? Because otherwise, they had a pacific port. And how did that negotiation go anyway, in either case? The NaN were being uncharacteristically nice for people who just killmurdered their way to victory.
>>
>>47732416
I was going to say "I don't see them eclipsing the actual run", but then again I should never say "PCs won't X", it's just naive.

So that gives me :
Bros : Explosions, gore, kills and general Michael Bay-iness.

Thriller fans : Bastardiness, clever face-iness, manipulating/coercing others and plans going right.

Soap opera fans : in-character drama that eclipses the actual runs

Weebs : weeb shit

Maybe Shadowrunners : Actual pro shadowrunning work ?

Is five enough ?
>>
Is there any content for burnouts in the current edition? The only thing i know of is that one weird adept way.

Have technomancers gotten any new content?
>>
>>47732395

If characters keep getting injured in wacky ways and resuscitated, you could get medical drama fans.

If the events they encounter make no sense whatsoever it could accidentally be like Lost.

If a dragon shows up and offers them work it could be like The Apprentice.

Oh, and if they're total smartass fuckups then it becomes like Archer.

If someone dies every week it's like Game of Thrones.

If absolutely nothing happens and every run is a milk run and they just sort of talk about random bullshit during the milkrun and opine about pop culture and how they shouldn't even have to be here today, it's like Clerks.
>>
>>47732600

Speaking of which, I'm still down for doing the Wageslaves: The Animated Series thing sometime this summer, but I'm schizo/lazy/busy/a bad person, so my offer is this: if anyone wants to help me actually make content (read: make most of the content and hold my hand to teach me how to make a small portion of the rest), I'll have no problem cranking out the scenario, dialogue, etc.
>>
>>47732600
Medical drama fans, weird shit fans. Yup, those sounds spot-on.

Sitcom fans, maybe not. It's really not my style.

Alright, I think I have enough audiences for now. Any advice on how to handle unwittingly showrunning shadowrunners ?
>>
>>47732700
Have people on the street not really react to them but occasionally they see someone wearing a shirt with a line they said on it or have someone they fail to intimidate make fun of them for stuff they know through the show (making the players think the guy is spying on them or something).
>>
>>47732775
The thing is, they'll know upfront that they're the stars of a show, and it's edited as hell to make knowing them from the show impossible.

That being said, I am keeping the shirts with their lines on it.
>>
>>47732850
Ooooh. So yeah that guy mocking them about the episodes seems silly then.

Is it like a power rangers style thing? Keep all the fight scenes but recast the other stuff?
>>
Which is your favorite AAA?
>>
>>47732885
Nah, it's actually them on the show ; it's just that Horizon slightly edit their voice, facial features, clothes, weaponry and other stuff so that they're actually unrecognizable to the masses. Of course, someone who know them AND knows the show AND is enough of an expert to spot Horizon-grade CGI AND hack through it might link them back to the show, but that's not an angle I'm interested in exploiting.

Of course, I won't _tell_ them that Horizon actually has their back ; I like my players to be paranoid and twitchy.
>>
>>47732994

Saeder Krupp
>>
>>47732471
The NAN hadn't crushed the UCAS; in fact, the UCAS didn't exist, and wouldn't for another ~20 years.

The Great Ghost Dance was a kick in the teeth for America. Daniel Howling Coyote was leading an insurgency, and a losing one at that- he and his braves were being slowly ground down by the might of the American army. GGD was the magic equivalent of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or maybe Saddam setting fire to the oil wells in the Gulf War. America could beat the natives in the battlefield, but they didn't have anywhere near the knowledge, skills or magic to stop the Aboriginals from burning the continent to the ground if they continued to the bitter end. point of order- a ton of the shamans died in the GGD. If the bluff had been called, the war might have been won outright.

So the Treaty of Denver was a compromise. A humiliating one for America, and especially for Canada considering Quebec had already seceded and there isn't much left of Our Home And Native Land after the treaty, but still a compromise. America kept California, the East, the South, and most of Central America. Seattle was, from the beginning, established as a Metroplex under America, a pseudo-sovereign territory.

Things fell apart for Washington afterwards (Hawai'i ceded during the war, the CAS and California soon after the UCAS was formed), but I doubt the people who signed the treaty really intended for it to stick. Getting the Anglos out of NAN lands was a challenge (and many 'assimilated' under protest because they had nowhere to go), and America likely hoped to soon get their feet under them about the Awakening and sweep those impudent jean jackets back onto the reserves as their fledgling nations failed, but it didn't play out that way. Financial ruin, VITAS-II, and corps who found that even if the stridently anti-corp STC wouldn't work formally with them, they had no ability to stop the corps from occupying and strip-mining whatever they felt like, won.
>>
Anyone remember where to find body sculpt, 5e?
>>
>>47733089
chrome flesh, iirc?
>>
>>47732994
MCT. Honestly, you gotta love the nerdy guys.
>>
>>47733004
Honestly they might figure it out anyway. If their show is popular Horizon is probably willing to pull a few strings to keep them alive, even if only in a "keep the group alive" sense, since losing one or two of them might be a ratings booster...
>>
>>47733094
The adept power, omae. It's in one of the novels, but I can't find it.
>>
>>47733170
bloody business iirc
>>
File: AAA Megacorp Logos.png (619 KB, 1280x512) Image search: [Google]
AAA Megacorp Logos.png
619 KB, 1280x512
>>47733104
>liking MCT

Please, the hypocritical douchebags don't deserve it. They're balls-deep in the Yaks and hire as many runners as anyone else, but they're supercilious assholes to hard-working assets and Zero Zones are the act of a child who plays by the rules until it looks like he might lose a point. If you insist on classic Japanese nerds, at least go with Shiawase. They've got the lineage, and the MIFD is something to be respected.

Personally, I like Wuxing. They've got the hustle of a young corp who is not content to sit on their laurels, they've got magic chops, and the Quints are just so cute.
>>
>>47733082
>he UCAS didn't exist, and wouldn't for another ~20 years

Mistyped, I meant ~10; the Treaty was signed in 2018, the UCAS was formed in 2030.
>>
>>47732994
Ares
>>
How many underperformers does Lofwyr eat a year again? And does this have the risk of creating perverse incentives, RE: vorefags?
>>
>>47732994

Wuxing is my favorite, though I honestly love all of them. My only beef is that some of the Japanacorps blend together.
>>
>running Shadowrun in an alternative system that isn't shit set in 2057

Truly the good life. The setting's gone to shit and the rules have never been good.
>>
File: concept_18.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
concept_18.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
If it's said in spirit's description that he can summon more of his kind via an Astral Gateway, how much is that, say, per hour? Or is it fully up to GM? Or do I need to read Street Grimoire more before asking
>>
>>47733612

Probably at least 100 a year. As a dragon he doesn't really need to eat but for as much as people worship him IC and OOC he's still a hedonist despot with good publicitiy. The vorefags would probably disgust and intrigue him but he wouldn't really care in the end. Hell since they keep updating the setting for current times I'm surprised there aren't scalies who try to do gene shifts to have draconic features. If anything I can see a lot of his workers being secret scalies/vore lovers. Knowing how he loves that draconic discipline I wouldn't be surprised that there are BDSM fetishes among the workbase too.
>>
File: Lofwyr.jpg (452 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
Lofwyr.jpg
452 KB, 707x1000
>>47733890

I mean, his whole thing is converting the "raw" material of the world to his aesthetic standards, and he himself is basically the living embodiment of aesthetic virtue. So in that sense, eating garbage and making it into part of himself is basically the perfect embodiment of his modus operandi

*swoons*
>>
>>47721078
Only if the magic didn't come back. I'd rather be a mage but I'd settle for cyberware if I turn out not to be magical.
>>
>>47733968

Does S-K sell dragon dildos?
>>
>>47721078

Well, I need a new heart and spine, and my eyes are shit and only getting worse, /and/ I'm really uncertain about my gender, so... a definite maybe?
>>
>>47730800
Because a lot of famous Cyberpunk things were set in Seattle, and Murica means using something in Japan or something doesn't work, and LA, Chicago, or NY would be overtaken by other genre cliche.
>>
>>47721078

As others have said, only if magick didn't start working. I'd hate to fuck myself out of a mentor spirit, or even just the capacity for real magick at all, or the 1/1,000,000 chance of being a drake.
>>
>>47734113

Well there is a commlink with an SK dating service and matchmaker AI. I wouldn't be surprised they had dragon dildos. Then again Harley would just buy hundreds of them and dump them in his meetings with the other dragons and big magical assholes.
>>
>>47734350

Are there any Littlefinger-like characters in this setting? Characters who have no useful powers or skills of any kind except knowing the fuck out of everything and being very clever?
>>
>>47734375

Oh wait, duh. Captain Chaos was basically that.
>>
File: Darth Plygueis.gif (1 MB, 480x204) Image search: [Google]
Darth Plygueis.gif
1 MB, 480x204
>>47733968
>So in that sense, eating garbage and making it into part of himself is basically the perfect embodiment of his modus operandi

>Implying that the pyramid of perfection doesn't have layers
>implying that trash makes it's way to the capstone

Shit employees are fired, shit employees who know too much are ground up into 'soyflakes' and fed to aquacultures, which in turn produce quality salmon that is fed to Lofwyr's private harem of pure European princesses.

Which he then eats.
>>
>>47734418

Man whatever, good enough.
>>
>>47734387
Speaking of him, is there any more info on JackBNimble or whatever the fuck that program was called?
>>
File: Awakened Population.png (31 KB, 287x111) Image search: [Google]
Awakened Population.png
31 KB, 287x111
>>47734201
>>47734102
Either you're underage and should be b&, or you are naive. Are you going to sit around for the rest of your life, praying you end up as part of the 1% of people who Awaken -not only that, but as the fraction of that fraction with latent awakening, and the fraction of that fraction of a fraction that gets any kind of real power, training, or even awareness that they are Awakened?

It's like sitting around at 50 with your trunks packed and your owl cage ready to go, just in case the Hogwarts letter got lost in the mail. Just accept reality and get a cyberarm.
>>
File: Dealer.jpg (68 KB, 429x800) Image search: [Google]
Dealer.jpg
68 KB, 429x800
What the hell is the casino outfit actually called?
>>
>>47734477
Supposedly, it activated during Crash 2.0, and if you extend the hearsay farther it's now some sort of e-ghost with Captain Chaos' mind out there in the Matrix.

Given that the current crop of writers seem to have forgotten the Captain entirely, I'll settle for them putting FastJack to bed.
>>
>>47734501
>casino outfit
isn't it just a waistcoat
>>
>>47734501
this >>47734556

Croupiers just wear some pants, a white shirt, and whatever hideous colours the casino has chosen for them in waistcoat format.
>>
>>47734498

Well I mean... to be more honest than I should be, I've had experiences already in my life that are most consistently and meaningfully understood through a magical framework. I found Jung, Peter J. Carroll, and Joseph Campbell in particular to be very helpful. But right now my "powers" are limited to an intermittent semi-helpful voice and the ability to win poker tournaments for real money (well, bitcoin) while so blackout drunk I can't remember playing in them the next day.

So I mean. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>47734375
Fixers?
>>
File: Gaki_2458cb_5432762.gif (1 MB, 480x275) Image search: [Google]
Gaki_2458cb_5432762.gif
1 MB, 480x275
>>47711747
Cannibal or not, she is a qt.
>>
What are some good plot hooks for a runner who is an ex-Winternight cultist?

This is set before they do their whole thing.
>>
I've seen people say that the Doorkickers map maker is great for shadowrun battlemaps. Question: anyone know a way to get the maker on its own or is it just attached to the game?
>>
>>47732395
People who like heist movies and other stories with a protagonist who pulls off seemingly impossible shit with a combination of superior knowledge and sheer audacity. Especially if someone has a trickster archetype or is an infiltrator face.

People who are fans of attractive females beating the fuck out of dudes, if you have a razorgirl in the party. Someone will want her for a waifu.

Teenage girls, if there is a lot of supernatural stuff and at least one pair of people with a complex emotional relationship that might possibly be interpreted as sexual tension- especially if it is.

The type of people who like, in modern day, stuff that's based on film noir archetypes but is new- Most cyberpunk stories about criminals= film noir with artificial limbs and the matrix. Especially if your characters secretly want to be good guys but often have to make choices to do morally shady things or often watch the bad guys win. You can win them over with protagonists who talk to themselves and drink a lot of alcohol.
>>
>>47732600
I think my campaign is like the Clerks thing with a side of Archer. My PCs get distracted by random things in the setting that I just added in for flavor all the time and just dick around the majority of the time. Briefly sometimes something catches on fire or a dude with a machine gun shows up on their lawn or when they are takeout in the rigger's van.

I want to make it darker but it's difficult.
>>
>>47734375
There is going to be at least one person like that on every corporate board or right below the dude on the board. Some might work in government, taking advantage of the fact that people think government is kind of a joke these days. Some might be fixers working towards their own ends, or organized crime figures.
>>
>>47734653
You're not the person anon was replying to, cuz I am.

But same. Kinda. And... shit like that runs in my family. Sounds crazy but shit happens.

If I don't awaken, I'll get something cooler than a cyberarm. Wired reflexes and a spine that bends in every fucking direction, infrared vision and maybe razor sharp claws if I won't kill myself scratching a mosquito bite in my sleep. Hearing I can use to filter out sounds I don't want to hear. I'll get tricked out as fuck.

But first I'm checking to make sure I can't awaken, cuz life begins when you learn fireball.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 74

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.