[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chaos is the most boring aspect of 40K
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Chaos.jpg (113 KB, 513x759) Image search: [Google]
Chaos.jpg
113 KB, 513x759
Chaos is the most boring aspect of 40K
>>
Everything about WH40K is pretty boring besides the orkz.

It is all edgy try-hard nonsense, but at least the greenskinz are having some fun with it all.

You know what 40k needs? Skaven. A giant space craft modeled off the Doom Wheel, Ratling gun tech updated to the wacky future shit.
>>
>in a universe with unlimited possibilities

>a faction with a infinite scale of options

Maybe you just have a shit imagination.
>>
>>47707996
Chaos is the best.
Good dark fantasy in the dystopian future.
>>
>>47708075
Chaos has a lot of potential, but the tendency to homogenize it into "lolspikes chaotic evil" and thereby remove any nuance it could possibly have. The virulence of its corruption both makes it kind of boring and too fast and takes away any possibility of slight chaos corruption or people trying (and failing) to use it for their own ends, because the moment some asshole so much as sees a cloud that looks sort of like a demon the whole planet devolves into an orgy of bloodshed. You can't have any real disention or non-retarded members of the Imperium because the moment they stop and think about anything, its lol fall2chaos
>>
>>47708029
40k needs to just learn to lighten up a bit. Dial back the grimdark a little, add some more goofy shit. The constant tryhard edge of the various authors and works trying to outgrimderp each other to the point it feels like everything was written by 14 year old edgelords jacking it to 1984 while listening to cannibal corpse and playing hatred
>>
>>47709574
Chaos can go slow.
Read Fire Caste or the Damnation of Pythos.
>>
>>47709631
>Dial back the grimdark a little, add some more goofy shit.

Mat Ward did that, and most everyone hated him for it.
>>
>>47707996
chaos is the most boring aspect of 40k as it is used by modern GW.

chaos is one hell of an interesting concept.
>>
>>47709651
That seems to be the minority of cases. Particularly considering the dumbass idea that basic human emotions can make you fall. I get where they were coming from, but for the most part its guy gets mad, guys anus is instantly a demonic portal and his head is eaten by a Satan. Its stupid. Plus, modern chaos often doesn't actually corrupt anyone so much as trick/forcibly convert them via random bullshit
>>
>>47708029
I like the Deldar, but in a black comedy sense.
People take 40k seriously and not as grossly over-the-top nonsense?
>>
>>47709927
Quite a few. Some of the authors, even.
>>
>>47709772
>for the most part its guy gets mad, guys anus is instantly a demonic portal and his head is eaten by a Satan.

No, I don't think you've actually read much fluff.
The Imperium is filled with angry people who don't fall to Chaos.
>>
>>47707996
>it's an ignorant moron with little to no understanding of something makes absurd claims episode
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.