[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ysg/-Yog-Sothothery
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
Better Thread Edition

This thread is meant to discuss Lovecraft's Works and other related media like tabletop games, video games, etc

Previous Thread:
>>47660271

The Texts of Lore that Men were not meant to know:
http://www.eldritchdark.com
http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/

A good playlist about the gods and other entities of Lovecraft:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-aprpylMuCdnaFEYwTzAobqUZGxS1D5p

>And with strange aeons even death may die.

>Please create a new thread when the Bump Limit has been reached and we are in the Lower Pages.
>If you don't horrors beyond your comprehendsion will shitpost.
>>
File: 4991_120021638187.jpg (157 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
4991_120021638187.jpg
157 KB, 500x375
>>47707281
Threadly Reminder that Derleth is dead hack.
>>
>>47707313
I came to talk about horrors not feel.
>>
Prove Shub-Niggurath isn't the best God to worship
Protip: you can't
>>
>GM threw a cursed rubber duck at us in our DG game last night
>causes psychicly active people to be stunned out to a certain range, the one who squeaked it is knocked out for 15 seconds
>we proceed to weaponize it, apparently making the dead man who made it, as a joke no less, proud
I love this group
>>
File: image.png (936 KB, 950x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
936 KB, 950x1600
So, what homebrew stuff have you added to the mythos? I usually try to come up with new aliens and gods but have some of the same reference points as the standard mythos, because my players have mostly read lovecraft themselves. Better to keep them guessing what will happen next, because meta knowledge is unfortunately insidious.
>>
These threads died out fast, welp
>>
>>47708534
I'm not a fan of being made to birth all manner of mutated monstrosities
>>
File: 100CharactersForCthulhu.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
100CharactersForCthulhu.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47709765
Because there is no content. Not picture dump, no disscusion, no story tiem, not even fucking Old Man Henderson. You can't just create new thread, slap 'something general' as topic and go.
>>
Two questions for the fine folks of /ysg/:
1. Where should one start to really get into the mythos? I've read a couple of short stories but don't know where to go from here. Should I mostly stick with Lovecraft at first?
2. Call of Cthulhu vs. Trail of Cthulhu: is either one better, in your experience? Does either handle certain types of games better? For reference I'm thinking of setting a game in the spookiest setting I can think of, Appalachia in the 30s
>>
>>47707112
duh
>>
>>47712305
In regards to getting into the mythos, read a lot of Lovecraft and then maybe dip into Clark Ashton Smith. There's some Yog-Sothothery overlap in the handful of stories that I've read. I find his style a little easier to digest than Lovecraft's. You could also try August Derleth's stuff, but a lot of people frown on the black and white morality that he injects into the mythos.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.