[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has your party ever gone through the effort of taking in a villain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: red bear.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
red bear.jpg
147 KB, 1280x720
Has your party ever gone through the effort of taking in a villain alive when s/he's done horrible, horrible things?
>>
Yes.
>>
File: peopledie.jpg (24 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
peopledie.jpg
24 KB, 640x368
>>47690868
Sure, how else was I supposed to get information about my kidnapped sister if not by freezing his limbs with magic until the nerves died and then making him watch while I took a hammer and slowly worked my way up?

Like they say, dead men tell no tales.
>>
When I GM I like throwing those types of problems at players. Our usual group has a history of just being killcrazy idiots. Forcing them to take someone (who had previously fucked them over) alive or better yet; putting them in a situation where it'd behoove them to release the enemy unscathed is a great way to force them to think. They usually end up killing them anyway and dealing with the consequences (literally 4 jailbreaks in one campaign) but at least it gives a moment's pause.
>>
File: 1453676164001.jpg (158 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1453676164001.jpg
158 KB, 720x480
>party reanimates the dying bbeg
>spend countless spell slots to read his mind as clearly as possible
>left with low hp and no magic, they get their ass beaten by an angry imp afterwards
priceless
>>
Twice I can recall, the alchemist married the BBEG to keep them in line and ideally bring about reform. Other time, we kept the early-game BBEG alive and my character used her as a mount.
>>
>>47690868
Yup.
>>
File: what the bun.png (133 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
what the bun.png
133 KB, 500x535
>>47693826
> my character used her as a mount
>>
>>47693849
Well she was an orc so she could handle being ridden.
>>
File: Pacifism.jpg (29 KB, 537x444) Image search: [Google]
Pacifism.jpg
29 KB, 537x444
>>47690868
>gone through the effort of taking in a villain alive when s/he's done horrible, horrible things?

Not sure if it counts as a villain, but we fought an angel who was obviously being mind-fucked by a witch, so my cleric remove-curse'd her mid-fight, even though the rest of the party was facepalming over it. It worked though, and now we have a literal angel with boss-monster stats chilling at our base.
>>
>>47694578
An angel of what? Of whom?
>>
>>47690868
I don't think I've ever been in a party that had:
1. a means of non-lethally subduing a villain of equal power for longer than a few combat rounds
2. a means of carrying said villain against their will
The closest I ever got was capturing a suicide bomber with the power to respawn. It's not mercy, it's a necessity because death and escape were the same thing to him.
>>
File: 748449515191151.png (976 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
748449515191151.png
976 KB, 1024x768
One time my party joined the BBEG to join him on his mission the free the world.

If I could compare him to anyone it was essentially us joining up with Beast Wars Megatron.
>>
File: Stop_Hitting_Yourself_Angel.jpg (112 KB, 560x235) Image search: [Google]
Stop_Hitting_Yourself_Angel.jpg
112 KB, 560x235
>>47694866
>An angel of what?
She got amnesia after being un-cursed, so we have no idea. She was really good at fighting though, and she seems pretty keen on protecting people. I'm hoping to try and jog her memory later on.

>Of whom?
Setting is Innistrad from MtG, so I'm pretty sure she served Avacyn before getting cursed.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.