[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reading the Dragonlance books again and want to run a campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: daysoftheweek.jpg (68 KB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
daysoftheweek.jpg
68 KB, 400x368
Reading the Dragonlance books again and want to run a campaign in the setting. I have ran 2nd edition campaigns for years, but all the PCs want 3.5. I have all the books and setting for each edition but I need to know which will capture that Dragonlance feel of true danger and struggle the best. Thoughts?
>>
The setting was built for 2nd Ed AD&D, and that remains the best fit for running it.

Why does your group insist on 3.5?
>>
I always thought there WAS A Dragonlance 3.0 book. And it's not hard to apply the 3.5 rules to a 3.0 book.
>>
>>47678140
>feel of true danger and struggle
>3.5

Pick one, preferably not the 3.5 option
>>
>>47678140
>that bikini armor
>how to make sturm uncomfortable.jaypeg
>>
>>47678140
Who those 3 completely random guys supposed to be?
>>
>>47679127
Toons from a MMTTRPG made before you were born. Just take a selfie with it and keep moving.
>>
>>47679413
>Just take a selfie with it and keep moving.
LOL. Those silly millennials.
>>
>>47678140
Shouldn't be a problem, OP. Once you say, "the gods left the world millenia ago and no one can cast divine spells", they'll leave anyway.
>>
The problem with DL is that theres way too much established lore, factions and the like.
Also try and stick to normal races. All of the 3.0-3.5 stuff has far too many special snowflake races. Not to mention there's a source book for every conceivable faction in the game (plus prestige classes).
The 3.5 core book and age of mortals campaign book are also disorganized as all hell long with all other 3.0-3.5 books with load of information reprinted in every book.
They're basically 20% useful information and the rest is filler info. So booktabs are needed if you have physical copies.
If not be prepared for a lot of note taking.
They also errata things from one book into another. Which is annoying eg DL Warmage and it's Errata.
>>
>>47678140
Whatever you do, don't put fucking kender in it.
>>
>>47684794
But what about regular kender?
>>
>>47678171
What?
>>47678172
What?

What the shit, /tg/. Get your editions together, please.
>>
>>47678171
>>47687061
Started out with plain old AD&D but you can find resources for 2e and 3e
>>
>>47678140
>Thoughts?

Find a better group.
>>
I ran the modules last year. Wish I hadn't.

Probably best to set the game after the war of the lance. Start there and go off-canon like a mother fucker.

Remove all the snowflakes, avoid kender (I didn't put them in even if I actually enjoy playing them), have the PCs involved in a mop up operation.

Maybe the knights of Solamnia aren't established as they could be. Maybe they are at risk of being corrupted?

The Towers of magic? Are they at war with each other? fighting? Arguing? Probably not but a tension could be used.

Dragon armies on the retreat, being killed off. Elves returning home and being antsy with every one and everything.

Then one day an empire arrives from Taladas, and they want to trade. No really. YOU WILL TRADE.

Hilarity ensues. Or not because it's Dragonlance.
>>
>>47678140
So you've set out to somehow make both Dragonlance and 3.5 worse?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.