[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can get these cheap little pokemon figures that are near
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
You can get these cheap little pokemon figures that are near 28mm size at 48 for £7, I was thinking of grabbing some of these and a bunch of bases to do a doofy homebrew war game but here's the question, what style of game should it be?

Square base rank and flank and throw in an infantryman "Trainer" as the command unit in each group?

Skirmish game with a hero unit trainer and his poke squad?

larger scale skirmish?
>>
If you gooing for that, do round bases, rank and file for five pokemans and a dufe seems a bit silly.
>>
>>47660754
1. Each player chooses 6 pokemon
2. Freeform battle
>>
>>47660754
Where do you get them from?
>>
>>47660800
I was thinking larger squads than that if I did rank and file stuff, like 10-20 basic pokemon of type X with a 1st evolution as the squad captain and trainer as the standard bearer.

>>47660816
Just eBay or whatever, there's a million people selling them. I also typod that price in the OP, should be $ not £.
>>
>>47660829
I've been looking for an OG bulbasaur one like that and it's impossibly unless I wanna pay like 30 bucks to import one from japan
>>
File: SBH 5th.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SBH 5th.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Here's Song of Blades and Heroes.

Great little skirmish system with plenty of scope. Square bases are so 20th century.
>>
>>47660850
These things are kinda rubbish pre-paints, not a thing I'd buy for anything other than goofin' at a cheap price point.
>>
>>47660754
Is that 7 bucks a pop or for some kind of set?
>>
>>47660754
check out warstuff

https://onepagerules.wordpress.com/portfolio/warstuff/
>>
>>47661080

Not OP, but have any of you guys ever played this? It seems cute and fun.
>>
>>47661255
I've played it, it's pretty sweet albeit simple.

You can find some battle reports on the forums too if you are interested in seeing how others use it. There was actually someone here on /tg/ that made battle reports with Amiibos vs coins.
>>
>>47660754
Not sure it answers your question, but you could try and set it up like that spin off game Pokemon Conquest.

That was literally a tbsg with pokemon. Was relatively simple gameplay. Each warrior/trainer had a single pokemon. Each pokemon had a single move they could use with various possible battle effects on the grid like pushing enemies/charging enemies.

Also each warrior had a skill they could use to boost mons or heal mons they could use once in a battle.

It probably wouldn't be that hard to have a single warrior/commander and tweak the generic moves they gave pokemon to your army and roll with it.

But since I have never tried to translate something like this to a war game I could be wrong.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.