[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Maro_Says_04.png (17 KB, 700x449) Image search: [Google]
Maro_Says_04.png
17 KB, 700x449
What's your opinion?
>>
The "flavorful" keywords should be given generic names.

They're game mechanics, not fluff.
>>
>>47635353
>Should "Draw a card" be called "Research your Library"?
>>
>>47635464
Why not just call them 'MECHANIC_075'?
>>
>>47635655
Because that doesn't describe what they do

Cycling and Kicker are fine because they describe what the card does.
>>
>>47635353
No, it's fine how it is.
>>
>changing Magic again
God... Magic was good once. They just keep fucking it up.
>>
>>47635353
No, and no.
If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
>>
>>47635894
>>47635814
They're mechanics that are literally never used because of how broad and flavorless they are.
>>
>>47635944
>flavorless
Please make the fat ugly mouthbreathers leave Magic. Magic is a GAME. A COMPETITIVE GAME. With PRIZE MONEY. Mechanics are good or they are bad. They are not "flavored", they're not fucking doritos, they're not fucking stories,
>>
>>47636287
It's a card game about wizards that travel between worlds and summon elves and goblins to attack each other.

Sorry to break it to you.
>>
>>47635797
So flavor is important?
>>
>>47635885
>God... Magic was good once. They just keep fucking it up.
>good once
Wake sheeple, magic was never good.
>>
>>47636470
I can play MTG in swahili and good cards are still good cards. Your goddamned fanfiction and mary sue fanmade bullshit doesn't matter, never mattered, and never will matter. And I'll still 4-0 every Friday
>>
>>47636605
But what does it mean when you cycle an elf? How do you make the art and the name of the card make sense, or would you advocate calling creatures a series of numbers rather than names?

You're playing a children's collectible card game, not poker.
>>
>>47636605
no fun allowed.jpg
>>
>>47636724
>HURRR ANYONE I NO LIKE I SAY DOES CHILD THING, EVEN THOUGH I DO THING TOO

also

The average age of MTG players has consistently been 17-23 for over a decade.
>>
>>47635944
Are they not popular because Wizards never reprint them?
Or are they never reprinted because they are not popular?
>>
>>47636805
>citation required
Your FNM at your LGS does not count.
>>
>>47636849
>Citation required

The Mathematics of Magic: The Gathering
A study in probability, statistics, strategy, and game theory.

CITED, COCKGOBBLER.

Also, turns out I was wrong, 1999.
>>
>>47636875
This might have been true back in the day, but ever since Modern became a thing, Magic is heading towards younger audience. Simplification of rules, removal of complex mechanics, flavor toward "rule of cool".

Also average doesn't mean shit, you can have one gramps with bunch of 12 y/os and average of them would still be 20.
>>
>>47636533

He was literally pointing out the terms' functionality you dunce.
>>
>>47635513
That's pretty much how netrunner works
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.