[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragonsteel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I've been looking for a crafting material, something apparently very unusual or very obscure. The material itself is called Dragonsteel, and is supposed to be a cut above basically everything else. I can only guess that it's purpose is to start a quest to find some. However, I really need the info on Dragonsteel, and for the life of me, after nearly an hour of searching, I cannot find anything. I think it might have been in a copy of Dragon Magazine, but god knows that doesnt narrow it down. I'm going to be using the material as a main focus for a campaign, and I need the information on it to make it work. Some help finding it would be much appreciated.
Pic unrelated
>>
Dragonsteel is in Game of Thrones and is the title of at least two fantasy books that I know if. Are you definitely remembering this from D&D?

The real question to me is why do you want to base a campaign around it if you don't know anything about it?
>>
>>47632984
>be dm
>be unable to make something up
Really op?
You dont need a supplement to hold your hand. Make it up.
>>
I absolutely could make something up. In fact, if no one finds anything, that's what I intend to do. However, I've also been looking for this resource for years, and the book it was in contains information on better crafting, with things beyond masterwork, so I am very interested in finding it.
>>
I remember a few specific things about it, namely how it comes to be. That, specifically, is why I am basing a small part of the campaign around it.
>>
>>47633045
Not being able to make something up is separate from trying to find a piece of possible nostalgia from days of yore. I COULD just make up the spells found in a splat from some previous edition, but I like to gaze upon them and remember.
>>
>>47633341
Honest to god, I could make something up, but I dont want to. The original was so perfect, and had something specific that I am forgetting that I get the feeling would be great in this situation.
>>
I'm curious about your quest, but sadly, I'm not much help.

The best I could do with some google searching was finding a really silly page on the D&D wiki of someone's unofficial legendary items.

I also found this thing, which is actually sort of cool, but will disappoint you.
http://www.lomion.de/cmm/dragstee.php
>>
>>47632984
No such substance in Dark Sun.

Unless you are speaking of a specific setting which you have not mentioned.
>>
>>47632984
This?
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Items_of_Legend_(Dominaria_Supplement)#The_Dragonsteel_Blades
>>
>>47634837
You're right, I am
>>47635103
Sadly, no. Dragonsteel is made when a normal iron vein is exposed to vast amounts of dragon's fire, usually accidentally. It's not an alloy of other metals.
>>
>>47632984
Don't know anything about Dragonsteel but another fit would be orichalcum.
>>
>>47632984
Dragon steel in my campaign I'd steel created using dragon bones in the process.

Due to the magical nature of the dragons the swords never require sharpening and never rust; plus magic spells and runes are more easily contained within the metal, lowering the cost of enchanting.

Each lb off dragon steel you want to create takes 10lbs of dragon bones to refine it.

Weapons made of dragon steel count as magical even if they aren't enchanted, affecting spirits and creatures immune to standard weapons; as well as being detectable by detect magic spells.

Dragon steel is immune to heat and rust spells.
>>
>>47632984
That's because the ultimate metal is called dragonforce, not dragonsteel.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.