[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know this is probably asked here a lot, so sorry. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: pic1871016.jpg (126 KB, 444x657) Image search: [Google]
pic1871016.jpg
126 KB, 444x657
I know this is probably asked here a lot, so sorry.

What are some good babby's first board games?
I really want to get into it, but the only thing I've played is regular Munchkin
>>
>>47622182
Castle Panic
>>
>>47622182
Settlers of Catan
Agricola
Ticket to Ride
>>
I feel like it's not very popular (no real evidence) but I like Power Grid.
>>
>>47622182
Dungeon World
>>
Twilight Struggle
>>
I'm assuming you're avoiding party games like Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity, Superfight, or Dixit.

Consider looking into Forbidden Island. It's sort of like the step before Pandemic and similar co-op games. It's about as complicated as my non-gamer family is interested in playing. (Which is why Ghost Stories and Fortune & Glory are currently on the Maybe One Day shelf.)

For what it's worth, I love playing the aps/PC ports for Ticket to Ride, Carcassone, and Elder Signs. The first two might be a little intimidating by the number of physical pieces, but Elder Signs should be good to go for a newbie in physical form. (Either way, they're a lot cheaper in ap form than physical if you want to test them out first.)
>>
>>47622199
>>47622205
>>47622216
>>47622573
>>47622580
Thanks, I'll look into them

>>47622997
>I'm assuming you're avoiding party games like Apples to Apples, Cards Against Humanity, Superfight, or Dixit.

Why would you assume that?
I remember myself playing Dixit some time ago and having a lot of fun. I've heard good things about Cards Against Humanity too. The problem is, I don't really know if they are translated into my language. My friends can't read english as well as I do and considering how fucked the rouble is, I don't really think ordering from abroad is a good idea.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the recommendations, I'll be sure to check them out.
>>
Ticket to Ride, Forbidden Island and Carcassone
>>
>>47622182
Citadels is another good simple backstabing game but without epic memes or having to keep accounting on bonus-malus.
>>
>>47623099
Well, a lot of gamers typically look a bit askance at party games. Considering the general /tg/ atmosphere and you didn't specify - I assumed! Pardon!

Can't help you on language availability, but I can see the issue. IIRC, Cards Against Humanity has a free print 'n' play version, so you could always take those cards, translate the ones that suit your group, throw in some extras, and have your own custom deck you add to over time.

I will say that a group of Youtubers say they prefer Superfight over CAH because it can't be "gamed" as easily by pandering in-jokes. I think there's a video of them playing Superfight on TotalBiscuit's channel, if you wanted to check it out. (You could do your own print-your-own there too, though I'm not sure if there's an official PnP version for that one.)
>>
>>47622573
>board games
You fucked up.
>>
>>47623999
Considering I've hung out in communities who would call you six shades of idiot for even considering a card game a board game, and a party game not even worthy of being called a card game, we'll just agree I assumed too much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.