[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k BESM Cthulhu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1432585857350.png (247 KB, 646x646) Image search: [Google]
1432585857350.png
247 KB, 646x646
So I guess so much needed context is in order.
I was asked to run a game I had been reading Cthulhu d20 but i felt like adding a bit of Scooby Doo and steam punk to it So I said lets go BESM to make it slide. Also still using D20. One of the players said I want to make a steam punk magic fueled Adepta sororitas.

So I thought about it and if you look at Warhammer 40K it has a slight Lovecraft feel so I allowed it. We've got a colorful cast of characters and i was trying to pool data but hit a roadblock with Warhammer.
I'm trying to lay out 2 crashed ships and get data on the Warhammer universe to no avail. I was wondering if some of you can help.
I'm not sure how to layout the two crashed ships. It's been centuries (7k years) since they hit and they are major ruins on this planet. The two ships are Cairn Class Tomb Ship and a Abyss-class Battleship.

I was looking to find a copy of the Warhammer 40k fluff bible but I can only find it on .scribd.com/doc/7027523/Warhammer-40K-Fluff-Bible that wants to charge me for banned material. I can pull my data but I was hoping to find a copy I could use offline without paying for fancontent.
>>
>>47619825
bump
>>
>>47619825
>steak is good
>ice cream is good
>bread is good
>let's put them in a blender and the result will be good!

This is you right now. Now stop.
>>
>>47620034
What kind of bread is it?
>>
>>47620034
I think it could work. Steampunk is basically just strapping gears to things so that basically cancels itself out, so you're left with 40k, Cosmic Horror, and Mystery, which all work fine together. 40k has a fair bit of cosmic horror with Chaos as it is, so the main thing you're doing is just running a 40k mystery game.
>>
>>47620450
That's basically it I'm just using d20 for the simple rules set and the diverse monster base.
>>
File: Daring.jpg (95 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Daring.jpg
95 KB, 250x250
>>47619825
>stumped by the simplest gm tasks
>bows to all player demands
>uses besm

Since you "allowed" a steampunk 40k scooby cthulhu bolter sluts in 7000yo shipwrecks premise, one must ask -

1. Why?
2. How do you imagine the Bible is going to dig you out of making such poor decisions?
>>
File: it's really time to stop.gif (5 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
it's really time to stop.gif
5 MB, 720x405
>using BESM
>using BESM d20
>namefagging with no reason why
>fucking Cthulhu d20
>>
>>47619825
>Cairn Class Tomb Ship
Those don't crash. Either it's completely destroyed or it's going to be repaired and swarming with Necrons.
>>
>>47619825
I want to take that sister of battle home with me.
>>
>>47619825
>Guys, guys, I have the perfect idea.
>The system is BESM D20.
>The setting is Lovecraftian, steampunk Scooby Doo with a magical girl SoB.
>The best part is none of these settings have magic! How original is that?
>Now, for the hook, there are these two crashed ships, see. I figure they've been there for centuries. Maybe 70 centuries.
>What I need from you guys is info, because neither Google nor Lexicanum is a thing.
>What?
>No. Neither is a thing.
Hilarious bait, 10/10. How anyone fell for this is beyond me. Some of you guys aren't terribly clever.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.