[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Board Games General /bgg/ - Square Pegg Round Hole Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: Board Games General 38.jpg (200 KB, 528x602) Image search: [Google]
Board Games General 38.jpg
200 KB, 528x602
Welcome to the current /bgg/. The old general is dead >>47466927 - long live the new general!

The requisite pastebin link:

http://pastebin.com/PkAVzU3T

And for the latest episode of "What's my question?"

> What's your favorite category of games (i.e. Ameritrash, Euro-game, War Game, Deck Builder, etc.)

> What category of games do you have the most difficulty getting to the table with your main group? (Bonus feels if it's the same answer as the question above...)

> What game do you own (if any) that you have to be selective when it comes time to play for fear of potentially offending players?

> What is your preferred board game transporter? (We had a good conversation on different bags - a few threads back, but damned if I can find the links I saved in order to add them to the pastebin...)
>>
Alright /bgg/, I need some help.
If you had to recommend a single game of any category or genre, what would it be?
Only qualifier is that it has to play well with 3 people.
>>
>>47550410
>> What's your favorite category of games (i.e. Ameritrash, Euro-game, War Game, Deck Builder, etc.)

War Games - particularly with campaigns. Next most popular would be Space 4x games.

>> What category of games do you have the most difficulty getting to the table with your main group? (Bonus feels if it's the same answer as the question above...)

War Games, mainly because a lot of them are only 2 player, and longer play time / campaign games require a commitment that a lot of folks just aren't willing to make. That said my group is willing to indulge my 'Space 4x' habit from time to time.

>> What game do you own (if any) that you have to be selective when it comes time to play for fear of potentially offending players?

I own CaH, and don't really have to worry about offending most of my regular gaming group. The one that seems to get people's panties in a bunch is 'Kittens in a Blender' (where you try to blend other player's cats for points while saving your own). Sure, it sounds warped, but quite frankly if one can't separate reality from fantasy then one has larger issues than board gaming to worry about.

>> What is your preferred board game transporter?

I've got a 'High Sierra' bag that's nearly duff-bag sized with a plastic base inside and wheels at one end along with heavy duty carrying straps. It fits a boat-load of games and can accommodate even the large boxes like Eclipse or TI3. It doesn't have padding, but adding some thick towels helps keep the wear-n-tear down on the box corners.
>>
>>47550487
>If you had to recommend a single game of any category or genre, what would it be?
>Only qualifier is that it has to play well with 3 people.

That is WAY to vague to answer well. There are literally dozens (if not hundreds) of games in a given category or genre that will get recommendations from someone.
>>
>>47550778
I was hoping to just get a couple of snap judgements, but if it's too wide a question then yeh don't worry about it.
>>
>>47544717
>Also, in my opinion it is impossible to win as Axis unless the allies make several serious mistakes. Can you prove me wrong?

To be fair, the game is more balanced while playing 1v1, because you can plan your actions with perfect knowledge. I still agree that Axis will have very hard time winning unless Allies really take their time stopping Germany.

The well-being of the Axis is often dependant on Japan. Many times it will be left alone, as Allies take the "Europe first" strategy. Then you can rack even up to 9 points a turn.

Depending on the review, Air Marshal either fixes the balance or doesn't touch it at all. I haven't played with it, so I can't tell.

And that variant with starting with a status card already on the board sounds kind of unbalanced. Wouldn't Germany always pick Blitzkrieg or Superior Planning and Russia always pick Women Conscripts or Evacuation Council? How the game will go is often decided upon when the most crucial cards will show up, so allowing them from the start is weird to me.
>>
>>47550487
Kingdom Death.

Or forbidden desert. It's easy, fun enough, replayable, multiple players, coop. I dunno, I just think it's all around solid.
>>
>>47550886
I'm sure you'll get a bunch of snap judgements, but if they're about game genres or styles, then they won't do you much good. There are tons of games out there that play well at 3 players.

Splendor
Robinson Crusoe
Nations
Roll for the Galaxy
Legendary Encounters 'Aliens'
Eminent Domain
Forbidden Stars
Spector Ops
Carcassonne
Puerto Rico
Stone Age
Terra Mystica
Castles of Burgundy
Five Tribes

But I have no idea if any of these are going to fit your play style and preferred game type.
>>
>>47550487
Talisman plays fairly well with 3
>>
>>47550778
>>If you had to recommend a single game of any category or genre, what would it be?
>>Only qualifier is that it has to play well with 3 people.

Dominion.
>>
>>47550487
Castles of Mad King Ludwig.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Suck it, nerds.
>>
>>47550410
>Fave category
Of the listed genres, euro and deck-builder I guess. Ameritrash/social is good if you're playing with non-obnoxious people.
>Most difficult category with group
I have two groups, and because of that I have no trouble getting a whole category of games played. The euro group refuses to play social games and my old MTG buddies have trouble with heavy euros
>Most offensive game I own
So far none of my games are bad enough to give me pause. If I felt that way I'd never buy it in the first place. I do have a "sex change" trigger warning in my pocket for when Tales finally gets here... but let's be honest. It's to teasingly entice my friends, not warn them.
>Bags
I bought the professional cajon drum bag someone posted here. Honestly it's pretty neat and I get lots of compliments, but I wish it had a zippered side pocket
>>47550487
Knowing nothing about you or your friends I'd say the safest bet is Hanabi
>>47552413
Hm. Haven't seen that game in years
>>
>>47553073
>Hm. Haven't seen that game in years
Friend of mine has all of it.
Wins every time, but I've come close and lost to stupid decisions, and sometimes just plain bad luck.
>>
Has anyone here played Anima: Shadow of Chaos?
I nabbed a cheap copy at RPC Cologne, but I heard it's not that good, translation errors aside. Can't test it myself anytime soon.
>>
>>47553735
Oh, it's Shadow of Omega, not Chaos.
>>
I'm looking for a good board game with Cthulhu theme (or something similar, not necessarily Lovecraft). I have Arkham, but I grew tired of it.

Bonus points if they game can be played comfortably with only 2 players.
>>
Could anyone help me with expansions to Kingdom Death? T Here's so many that I don't know what to pick and what adds the most...
>>
File: HRvC.jpg (979 KB, 1024x663) Image search: [Google]
HRvC.jpg
979 KB, 1024x663
So who can tell me everything I might need to know about Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage?

>>47550410
>What's your favorite category of games (i.e. Ameritrash, Euro-game, War Game, Deck Builder, etc.)
Hmm, toss up between heavier euros like Dominant Species or Terra Mystica and wargames like Triumph&Tragedy or Churchill atm.

>What category of games do you have the most difficulty getting to the table with your main group? (Bonus feels if it's the same answer as the question above...)
Definately the wargames. Partially due to the theme, but also due to the fact that very few of the wargames we have support more than 2-3 players, except Here I Stand, which is a bit of a monster in itself.

>What game do you own (if any) that you have to be selective when it comes time to play for fear of potentially offending players?
None.

>What is your preferred board game transporter? (We had a good conversation on different bags - a few threads back, but damned if I can find the links I saved in order to add them to the pastebin...)
Usually don't need to carry more than one to three games, so a backpack is fine.
>>
>>47554724
Only played it a couple times, but it's one of those games that are more than the sum of their parts. It simulates fairly well the strategic situation at the time, but it's also definitely less heavy than, say Twilight Struggle or Paths of Glory

>Definately the wargames. Partially due to the theme, but also due to the fact that very few of the wargames we have support more than 2-3 players, except Here I Stand, which is a bit of a monster in itself.
I'm really thankful I have a group of people who don't mind wargames like HIS/VQ, or Epic Commands and Colors, as long as I do the heavy lifting rules-wise.
>>
>>47554235
Elder Sign
>>
>>47554859
Sounds good, really interested in picking up the 20th anniversary edition when it's released.

And yeah I recognize that about the heavy rules lifting. I don't think too many in my group would actually have anything against trying HIS, it's just that finding the time that's the main problem, seeing as half of the group or so also have to worry about infants and toddlers.
>>
Anyone played Guild Ball? I backed the Dark Souls kickstarter but I was wondering how well the company's previous game was received by the board gaming community.
>>
File: onitama the duke.jpg (834 KB, 1496x2684) Image search: [Google]
onitama the duke.jpg
834 KB, 1496x2684
Which one should I get?
>>
>>47556430
Yes.

In seriousness though - The Duke is more random, but it also generates more interesting boardstates. That's probably the most useful advice I can give to help you pick.
>>
Can someone please explain all the various expansions to CthulhuWars please?
>>
>>47556788
The high priests are mandatory. They've gone on record that they're such a nice addition that they probably should've been in the base game box. Plus, they're cheap.

The four faction expansions are the best buys for your money. Every faction plays completely differently, so by adding those to your copy you vastly multiply your gameplay. Skip the Azathoth pack, though; he's not actually a faction.

The four maps are your next best addition. Each map shakes the game up a decent bit, adding new twists and turns to the Cthulhu Wars experience. Adding a single 6-8 player map, probably the Earth map, is probably also good too if you bought enough of the factions. You probably don't need the other 6-8 player maps, though, as 6-8 player games are crazy go nuts wild and you don't need to add more spice to that stew.

Then you get to the neutral monsters and independent great old ones. These are not recommended unless you're certain you're going to play the everliving fuck out of this game -- which you may well be. Neutral monsters, in the game, can be purchased during the doom phase for the cost of 2 doom, come with one free copy of that monster which you can place at a gate of yours, and then more that can be summoned at a cost. Neutral monsters all come with unique abilities that shake the game up quite a bit, opening up some really ridiculous strategies. Independent great old ones are similar, except you summon them by some requirement and they serve you only until they die. Independent GOOs all have ridiculously powerful abilities along with a spellbook which you can try to earn which gives them even more powerful abilities. And then there's the Azathoth pack, which comes with an independent GOO (Azathoth), four neutral monsters, and six neutral spellbooks which people can take in place of their normal spellbooks.
>>
>>47556788
>>47557612
The problems with these things is that they tend to overwhelm the game. There actually are infinite and semi-infinite combos that can be pieced together if certain factions get certain combinations of neutral monsters, independent GOOs, and neutral spellbooks. With experienced players you would be able to see this and prevent it, but with inexperienced (not even new, just not experts) players there's just too much shit going on.

Most people I hear recommend playing with n+1 neutral monsters and n-1 independent GOOs each game, and pretty much only playing with neutral spellbooks if you're really raring for a crazy go nuts game. This is why I caution against them, they're so advanced that if you aren't careful they could actually detract from the game rather than add to it. However, if you do plan on going all the way down the rabbit hole then they can make the trip more enjoyable.

Finally, there's the game pimping expansions. The plastic gates are absolutely gobsmackingly awesome. You don't even know until you see them in person. Flat cardboard gates begone. There's the cardboard faction sheets which, for $10, is a steal. Every single time I taught the game to a new group someone mentioned how the faction sheets felt cheap. Not any more with the cardboard sheets. More dice can also be handy, as 20 may not be enough for the bigger combats. The Omega Rulebook is a compiled rulebook with all expansion rules in one binding. As a backer you should be getting a pdf of it, though, so you could just print out your own copy.

And then there's the Shining Trapezohedron, which replaces every single cardboard token in the game, including ones in the expansions, with plastic tokens or possibly even minis (details are murky). All of the "locked" goods on its pic on the KS except for the blank spellbooks ended up getting unlocked by the Petersens after the fact because so many people decided to order that addon that it made sense.
>>
>>47556788
>Windwalker
An unstoppable avalanche. Starts very slow, but slowly builds up until it reaches ridiculous strength, and then in the last rounds of the game steamrolls half the map. If you like turtling and massing your forces then Windwalker is a good choice. They're also the other combat oriented faction alongside Great Cthulhu.

>Sleeper
Dirty little tricks for days. Nothing big. Nothing major. Just small, incremental advantages. A tough faction to play, but worth it. Sleeper's GOO, Tsathoggua, also has probably the coolest power of any in the game -- it's called Lethargy, is an action, costs 0 power, and does absolutely nothing. That's right, he just sits there being a lazy fuck and it's overpowered as shit because it means you can wait until everyone else is out of power and then go on a rampage. If you like dirty little tricks, Sleeper is a good choice.

>Opener of the Way
Win big or go home. Opener is off the wall crazy go nuts strong but also very disruptable. Opener is capable of enormously big flashy plays and can dominate the table if piloted well, but will immediately crash and burn if piloted poorly. Opener is capable of breaking so many rules and doing so many unique effects such as teleporting away enemy gates, summoning monsters from enemy gates, having a GOO that counts as a walking gate, suddenly gaining enormous amounts of power from seemingly nowhere, and so on and so forth. If you like wild crazy plans, Opener is a good choice.

>Tcho-Tcho Tribe
The Tcho-Tcho are like the opposite of the Windwalker. They start super strong and explode onto the map, expanding like crazy and taking a healthy early lead. However, they do not have the big guns necessary to compete with the other factions, and spend the middle and final thirds of the game slowly losing ground as the other factions out-muscle them. If the Tcho-Tcho win it is by just barely managing to maintain their empire just long enough to squeak into the win.
>>
File: 1414816825260.gif (1 MB, 256x147) Image search: [Google]
1414816825260.gif
1 MB, 256x147
>>47557612
>>47557628
>>47557715
Not the anon you were talking to, but that was a damn-skippy nice explanation.
>>
>>47556788
And now the four maps:

>Primeval Earth
Has significantly more spaces than any other map, but, as the game goes on these glaciers constantly come down on spots on the map. When a glacier hits a spot, it rests on any gate there and removes any cultist from that gate. As a result, the map ends up with lots of abandoned glaciated gates in the outskirts and all players are constantly pushed towards the middle of the map. The abandoned gates gives everyone tons of power, but the doom count is low due to the lack of controlled gates. The game ends with a knife fight in a phone booth at the center of the map. Probably the most drastic change of any of the maps.

>Dreamlands
Has two distinct halves, the surface world and the underworld, Each half has four citadels in four different areas, and if any one player ever occupies gates on all four citadels on one half of the map they instantly win. The new win condition adds an interesting spice, especially for mobile and tricky factions like Crawling Chaos, Sleeper and Opener. However, there are also some neutral monsters running around fucking with people who occupy the citadels, which can throw wrenches in peoples plans even if they weren't going for the citadel win.

>Yuggoth
A grab bag map with a little bit of everything. Has three unique areas -- the pyramid, which gives controlled gates there +1 power but has a chance to wake up the unstoppable Watcher who then goes on a huge rampage, the laboratory, which lets its controller lobotomize cultists into immobile brain cylinders that act like cultists but effectively increase your cultist pool, and the slime sea, which gives its owner control of a series of neutral monsters that are cheap to summon and strong in combat. No one unifying theme, just a bunch of cool stuff.
>>
>>47557788
No problemo. I love the game and hope more people get into it; it's certainly worthy of the praise it gets, IMO.

>>47556788
>>47557799

>Library at Celaeno
Not many details are known, but there are four spellbooks which can be claimed by occupying their territories, and there are two creatures (the Custodian and the Librarian) who wander the halls messing with people. There are ways to manipulate the creatures, too, by spending 'silence tokens'. You actually don't have to put the spellbooks back if you lose the territory, either, but if you have an 'overdue' spellbook then the Librarian will be especially mean to you until you give it back. Has kind of a crazy non-euclidean two map setup, just like Dreamlands, but more exaggerated.
>>
>>47557612
When are all the post-kickstarter pledges promotions ending? I kinda wanna get Nameless Cults with some addons, how much time do I have?
>>
>>47558722
They will be charging for shipping soon on the pledge manager, and then signs point to then leaving the pledge manager open for another month or so. I wouldn't dawdle over long if I were you; you've got at least a month but beyond that no hard dates are currently known.
>>
>>47559034
https://app.crowdox.com/projects/1816687860/1228867626

If I pledge through this, will I be able to add addons? Like the cardboard player sheets?
>>
>>47559501
>If I pledge through this, will I be able to add addons?

Wouldn't that reasonably be something to email the creators about? (I'm not saying the Anons on 4Chan might bullshit you, but I've heard of it happening *once or twice* over the years.)
>>
>>47561482
Why would anyone lie about that?
>>
>>47561482
Now I feel like lying.
>>
> What's your favorite category of games (i.e. Ameritrash, Euro-game, War Game, Deck Builder, etc.)
A good old-fashioned thematic hidden objective game, thank you!
> What category of games do you have the most difficulty getting to the table with your main group? (Bonus feels if it's the same answer as the question above...)
Most medium-difficulty games are a hard sell, especially if they're kinda long
> What game do you own (if any) that you have to be selective when it comes time to play for fear of potentially offending players?
Well, I once didn't play One Night Ultimate Werewolf because one guy said he found games like The Resistance and Avalon "distasteful". This was that weirdo that wouldn't shut up about maglev trains and Kojak
> What is your preferred board game transporter? (We had a good conversation on different bags - a few threads back, but damned if I can find the links I saved in order to add them to the pastebin...)
I've got a decent jute bag. My parents think it's an old man's bag, but it can carry most of my games, no problem.
>>
>>47559501
Yes, that's exactly what the pledge manager was for -- being the shopping cart which everyone treats Kickstarter as anyways.

The only thing late backers don't get is the free glow in the dark Cthulhu, but even most regular backers don't get that either -- you had to be signed up to their newsletter before the campaign launched to get it for free. Everyone has the option to buy it as an add-on for $25 if you really want a piece of glow in the dark junk with no gameplay significance and the ten free ones you're getting aren't enough.
>>
Any advice on how to play Small World?
>>
File: hnx.jpg (160 KB, 1062x708) Image search: [Google]
hnx.jpg
160 KB, 1062x708
I know there are a lot of deckbuilders out there by now, but pic related is really fun, and adds a couple nice twists, like characters with abilities, missions, active location bonuses and solo, coop and semi-coop playstyles. Seems it has nice replayability.

A bit put off by the fact that you need a second box to make it work for 4 players, but I can live with that for now.
>>
>>47565048
>setup game
>look at all the components
>it's so pretty!
>box and shelve
>play a good game instead
>>
I played Dark Moon, Concordia, and Orleans yesterday for the first time. They were all quite enjoyable, but I think that was because of the group I play with. Do you guys have any experiences with the above games? Concordia felt like it had the least player interaction out of the three.
>>
>>47565207
Another anon here, but is it that bad?
>>
>>47566566
It's... OK.

I want to say bad things about it but it's just me not enjoying the game. I feel the race/power combo system is just gimmicky and a bad draw can pretty much dictate the course of a game.

It's pretty, it's simple, it's an OK gateway area control game for risk fans that uses victory points to define the winner, but there's not a lot of depth or strategy to it besides knowing when to let your race decline to maximise the VPs...

Some people adore it, I'd much rather play CitOW.
>>
>>47565336
My group has had a lot of fun messing with each other's minds playing Dark Moon. Some of the players we'd least suspect have been fantastic at the game.
>>
>>47565336
Orleans is a goat game. It's appalling how often it hit the table over a 2-3 month period for me.
>>
File: so much reading.gif (445 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
so much reading.gif
445 KB, 500x278
>Spend an hour and a half setting up and reading the Game Walkthrough of Mage Knight
>Still have a bit more to read before playing first game
>Will need to read the solo play rules as well as I intend to play the game first before introducing others to it

This is some serious shit here. Gonna pick it back up tomorrow. Looking forward to it though.
>>
File: chocodex.png (519 KB, 747x839) Image search: [Google]
chocodex.png
519 KB, 747x839
>>47567831
I really hate how the rules for Mage Knight are written. You basically have two rulebooks and neither one of them has ALL of the information you'll need.

When I was setting up the introductory game with my friend, we were constantly going through both of them to find the information that we needed.

The games look kinda interesting with "deck-building" mechanic, but the setup and rules really discourage me to try it out more.
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 120x80) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 120x80
>>47550410

My friend introduced me to Tzolk'in and now I want to try more worker placement type games.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>47554280
>Kingdom Death Expansions
Here's a small run down in my own experience with the ones I own-
PS- Some of the tactics the Knights give out are cheesy as fuck.
>Flower Knight
An interesting quarry that allows you to have the chance of gaining innovation that makes it easy to have sword masters. Weak monster but interesting fight when it did fight, I believe we lost 1 or 2 people to the higher level one, early on it was easy but thats because of what we had. Also, you can get an item that allows a character to cheat death. The game gets dumbed down a bit if paired with Gorm.
>The Gorm
Babyface itself. The model is hideous but the rewards of this set are amazing. Slight learning curve with this monster but once you see it, well....
Gorm Climate in general helped with the current settlement.
> The Dung Beetle Knight
I love this monster. I wish the model had a better pose, but the fluff and story is great with this. It is a very hard monster to hunt as a Lvl 2 can still compete with a Year 28 settlement.
>Lion Knight
Interesting fight mechanics but meh. I would've never sank 60 bucks into it.
>Green Knight Armor set
Its very coincidental in getting this set. Never got a person to take the one disorder needed for the sword and messed up on whats needed for the helmet. Also, I think Poots fucked up the recipe placements.
>Manhunter
Interesting gear but he went down far too easily the first 2 fights. Another monster that gives out an item that allows a character to cheat death. Gives the game a "boss rush" at one point, especially with Lion Knight.
>Dragon King
Pretty difficult, I'd imagine theres a learning curve involving this guy but I've only fought him once in another campaign. The People of Stars campaign variant is brutally difficult.
>Slenderman
Haven't played with him yet so I can't state how he is. I would imagine he would take the slot instead of Manhunter.
>>
>>47568950
Yedo.
>>
>>47557612
If I were to pick only one neutral GOO pack, which one is the most diverse and fun mechanically?
>>
>>47568950
Stone Age is a lot of fun. You've also got Terra Mystica.
>>
>>47568950
Agricola, Puerto Rico, Dungeon Lords/Petz, Viticulture, Lords of Waterdeep,
>>
>>47565048
Don't overstretch yourself, and know when to go into decline.
>>
So, Asmodee, Wizkids, Mayfair, Game Workshop, and Privateer Press have all put the screws to online retailers for 'unsustainable practices' and supposedly causing damage to the hobby despite anecdotal evidence showing that online retailers represent less than 20% of total game/model sales.

Do you think we'll ever see hard numbers for market percentages between brick and mortar and online?

Who do you guys think is gonna be next?

Do you plan on reducing/halting your purchases from these companies?
>>
>>47565048
The most important decision can often be picking the right race. On the first turn you should be making 8+ gold. On subsequent turns you should be making 10+. You should have at least a few 15+ turns in there.

Also goad your opponents into taking down the leader (if it's not you of course).
>>47565336
Concordia and Orleans. Both pretty good experiences. I've seen horrorific games of Dark Moon and Orleans go 3+ hours because the players made the mistake of playing with the guy who prolongs every game he plays. Absolutely avoid playing Dark Moon with shitty people, and absolutely avoid Orleans with AP-prone players.
>>47568950
Keyflower
>>
>>47573353
Everything I've heard about Asmodee - buying up other companies, then claiming that raising prices online makes them the good guys - makes me less and less inclined to buy their stuff... which is kinda shitty, given that they own so many companies now.
>>
>>47573353
>>47573550
Currently I don't buy any of the mentioned companies' products, games workshop because I don't play warhammer, and the rest because I'm not going to support them.

If I want something of theirs I'll buy it second hand. That enough separation for me to justify it.

Kinda stinging with Privateer Press since Mk3 is coming out so soon. Prices for their stuff at online stores like Miniature Market and Discount Games Inc went from a 30% discount to a 10% discount. Quite a jump in prices.

Where I live the nearest brick and mortar game store is about an hour away driving. And the nearest store that stocks any appreciable amount of warmachine is an hour and a half away. So I buying locally isn't a realistic option for me.
>>
>>47568950
Dominant Species
>>
>>47570378
You're a hero, thank you~
>>
>>47573667
>Kinda stinging with Privateer Press since Mk3 is coming out so soon. Prices for their stuff at online stores like Miniature Market and Discount Games Inc went from a 30% discount to a 10% discount. Quite a jump in prices

Yeah, but good thing that bartertown exists, I'm going to get everything at 40% off at least, fuck them and their policy.
>>
File: scenes_from_a_hat.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
scenes_from_a_hat.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
Games that replace Risk and Axis&Allies.
>>
>>47575914
That I know of:

Quartermaster General (lighter, shorter, 2-6 player)
Triumph&Tragedy (ETO only, 3-player)

There's also a bunch of hex-and-counter type wargames as well as more advanced block wargames, but I've not yet taken the step to that kind of games.
>>
>>47568950

Ground Floor
Madeira
Panamax
Tribune
>>
File: SupremeCommd3-XesquiBCN.jpg (886 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SupremeCommd3-XesquiBCN.jpg
886 KB, 1024x768
>>47575914
The Supreme Commander obviously

On a more serious note, something that is closer to the times and rules complexity would probably be 1812: The Invasion of Canada or 1775: Rebellion. Or, well, they fill the time-slot which Axis and Allies should be playable at, but I've always felt A&A drags on and takes forever.

If you want a real meaty wargame experience, Virgin Queen or Here I Stand are great, but they also have equally meaty rules manuals. Other possibilities are Britannia, COIN games, or hell, Wizard Kings if you want a traditional block wargame experience with a modular fantasy world.

Really, the world of wargames is full of great experiences, but most of them also require much more dedication than a game of A&A or Risk
>>
>>47571294
Only one independent GOO pack? Well, lets look at the options:

Azathoth (1 GOO, 4 monsters, $50)
GOO Pack 1 (5 GOOs, $35)
GOO Pack 2 (4 GOOs, $30)
GOO Pack 3 (1 GOO, $10)
GOO Pack 4 (3 GOOs, $25)
Ramsey Campbell Pack 1 (2 GOOs, 1 monster, $25)
Ramsey Campbell Pack 2 (2 GOOs, 1 monster, $25)

If you're really only going to buy one pack, and you want GOOs and not monsters, then the only real choices are GOO Packs 1 and 2. None of the rest give enough GOOs to field for even a single game. GOO Pack 1 has some of the cooler GOOs, too -- Abhoth, who projectile diarrhea's all over the board, Chaugnar Faugn, who fucks with elder signs, Cthugha, who goes on enormous rampages, Mother Hydra, who acts as a defensive utility turret, and Yig, who is a douchebag.

However! One thing to keep in mind is that the stretch goals unlocked neutral loyalty cards and spellbooks for each of the faction GOOs -- meaning, each of the 10 faction GOOs will have rules to play them as independent GOOs if their faction isn't being used. This means if nobody is playing Great Cthulhu, then Cthulhu could be turned into an independent GOO and people would be able to summon him to their side.

With that in mind, if you had all the faction expansions and bought GOO Pack 1 then you'd have access to 15 independent GOOs minus however many of the faction GOOs are present in a game. In, say, a 5 player game, 4 of the 10 faction GOOs on average would remain unused, so 9 independent GOOs are available of which you would randomly pick 4 (n-1 independent GOOs per game is recommended, where n is the number of players). 4/9 is a pretty good bit of variety to be honest.
>>
>>47576762
>10 faction GOOs
There's TEN?
>>
>>47576762
Also, GOO pack 2, while still having 4 GOOs, may not be as good of a choice because those 4 GOOs are a little weirder. It has Atlach-Nacha, who is an alternate win condition, Bokrug, who doesn't have any real board presence but acts as a sort of rattlesnake (don't attack me bro, I'll use Bokrug to curse you if you do), and then two 'normal' GOOs in Father Dagon, the offensive distaff counterpart to Mother Hydra, and Ghatanathoa, an aggressive harassing GOO.

Don't get me wrong, I like Atlach-Nacha and Bokrug, but they definitely break the mold.

>>47576819
With the four expansion factions yeah. 8 factions, each faction has 1 GOO, plus Windwalker and Yellow Sign have a second.

1. Cthulhu (Great Cthulhu)
2. Nyarlathotep (Crawling Chaos)
3. Shub Niggurath (Black Goat)
4. The King in Yellow (Yellow Sign)
5. Hastur (Yellow Sign)
6. Rhan-Tegoth (Windwalker)
7. Ithaqua (Windwalker)
8. Tsathoggua (Sleeper)
9. Yog-Sothoth (Opener of the Way)
10. Ubbo-Sathla (Tcho-Tcho Tribe)

In addition to neutral loyalty cards and spellbooks for each of those you'll also get glow in the dark versions of all of those except Cthulhu, because why not. Plus a glow in the dark Azathoth, but no loyalty card for him of course because he's already neutral.
>>
>>47576892
>but no loyalty card for him of course because he's already neutral.
Maaaan, he's my favorite. I wanted to play him the most!
>>
>>47575914
Memoir 44 as an introduction to other titles and for the little plastic tanks, then any of the other heavier (relative to Memoir) wargames/area control games.
>>
I don't wanna ruffle any feathers, but are there any good anime board games out there?
I know of Tanto Cuore and that's it, really.

I need my cute fix.
>>
>>47576983
Well, you *would* have a glow in the dark figure for him, so all you'd have to do is proxy up his loyalty card and spellbook if you wanted to play with him. He's... an interesting beast.

From the Cthulhu Wars wiki: http://cthulhuwars.wikia.com/wiki/Azathoth

How to Awaken Azathoth (Cost 0):

1) You must have 8+ Power and a Great Old One at your Controlled Gate.

2) Roll 1 die and add 2 to the total, then lose that much Power (i.e., 3-8).

3) All enemy players choose and simultaneously reveal a die face. Each receives Power equal to the reveal (i.e., 1-6). The players(s) with the lowest revealed die loses 2 Doom points. Add up the dice, and place the Azathoth glyph on that spot on the Doom track. Place Azathoth at your Controlled Gate.

Combat: Equals the position of the Azathoth glyph on the Doom track.

Daemon Sultan: (Ongoing) If Azathoth is chosen to receive a Kill, roll 1d6. Lower the Azathoth marker by the result. If the marker reaches 0, Azathoth is Killed.

Spellbook Requirement: All players have at least one Great Old One in play

Spellbook:
Nuclear Chaos (Action: Cost 0)
Each player rolls 1d6. The player(s) with the highest roll gains that much Power. The player(s) with the lowest roll gains that many Elder Signs. You (only) may choose to add or subtract 1 to your die roll after seeing the results. Flip this Spellbook face down (it cannot be used again this Phase). Flip it face up again during Gather Power.

So basically, summoning him gives your opponents a ton of power, but the guy is literally a one man basically invulnerable walking army. And his spellbook action is easy to unlock (it'll happen eventually anyways) and gives you a 0 power ability you can use to checkdown that also might benefit you more than the rest of the table. He's certainly a weird one, that's for sure.
>>
>>47577041
There's Tragedy Looper, which is a 'solve the mystery and the stop the victim's death' type of game, with a planned expansion coming out soon.

There's Super Dungeon Explore, though I think it wasn't received too well?

There's also >>47565176 though it might only be the cover art. Looks interesting though, would the anon that posted it care to do an elevator pitch?

There's probably more but I can't think of any. Cinderella Girls has a deck builder though, which I need to play atleast once in my life.
>>
File: LS.jpg (27 KB, 197x247) Image search: [Google]
LS.jpg
27 KB, 197x247
>>47550410
I love board games but hate other human beings
What do?
>>
>>47577331
Play solo games. Victory point games offers a bunch of solo experiences, but their whole shtick is good games at low quality to save buyers money. For them, you could look up Nemos War or Zulu on the ramparts.

Can also look at Mage Knight or Lord of the Rings: the living card game (fantasy flight games).

Can also play online board games where there's no chat/minimal communication. Apps for galaxy trucker, Summoner Wars or Tigris and Euphrates, to name just a few. Or board games adapted for steam, like Twilight Struggle or any mod for table top simulator.

Who says you need to leave the house or make fake friends to play board games?
>>
>>47577331
>>47577584
>Playing boardgames alone
I hope you guys are not being serious.
>>
>>47556430

Also there is the companion game The Jarl, which can be played with the Duke, just has a more Viking Flavor
>>
>>47577610
I don't do it myself, but many games out there are built for it, and some reviewers test games multiple times by themselves if they are pressed for time and cannot get people together. To each there own, but I don't see a reason not to help a fellow anon out.
>>
>>47576892
Man, the way you described the pack, it made me want it so much more.
Curses and win conditions. Sign me the fuck up.
What's the win condition exactly?

Also, if you don't mind my constant pestering, are the additional monsters nice too?
>>
>>47578775
So, Atlach-Nacha gives you an action that costs 1 power and places a web where Atlach-Nacha currently is, so long as there is no web there already. These webs do nothing on their own. However, if all six webs are on the board, you are allowed take an action that costs 0 power and grants Atlach-Nacha's spellbook -- which says instantly win the game.

So basically, you stop pursuing gates and doom points and even spellbooks (don't need all 6 to win the game with Atlach-Nacha) and instead start running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to put down webs on 6 different territories.

These webs can never be removed -- once they're down, they stay forever. They even stay on the board if someone kills Atlach-Nacha. If that happens, whoever summons Atlach-Nacha next is already a significant chunk of the way towards winning the game, meaning it's very possible to do most of the legwork and have someone steal the win from you.

A game with Atlach-Nacha is basically a scene out of a Benny Hill show, and it's a funny thing to watch.

The monsters do a lot to round out people's abilities and tend to affect people's core strategies a little more than GOOs. Getting a good monster that either complements your faction's strengths or helps cover one of its weaknesses is pretty danged fantastic. There's a lot of really cool monsters, too. Gugs that cost 1 and have 3 strength, but can't capture cultists -- combat weak factions love them. Shantak birds that can move from any space to any other space and can also carry a cultist with them for free -- Yellow Sign loves those because they get their useless layabout cultists out of Europe. Star Vampires that cost 2, have only 1 strength, but roll their dice separately and steal 1 power from the opponent for each pain they roll and steal 1 doom from the opponent for each kill they roll.

There's a lot of cool monsters in the various packs.
>>
>>47551470

Idk familia, not nearly enough bumping into each other with only 3+2 (WW and reaper)

>>47552413

Sumbitch, I want to get a playmat for my collection now. Didn't know those existed. Not that I've played the game in a really long time but still, I liked it well enough.
>>
>>47575914
Kemet works, if the main problem is how fucking long those games take. The purchaseable powers aren't usually enough to scare off normies.

If the problem is that Risk/A&A aren't hardcore enough, the other anons have good advice.
>>
>>47550410
> What's your favorite category of games
Ameritrash, especially if SPACE is involved.

> What category of games do you have the most difficulty getting to the table with your main group?
...Ameritrash. I'm getting older, my old friends hate having to learn rules and they're mostly pretty stodgy to start with.

Anything new. They're offended by having to develop new thought patterns.

> What is your preferred board game transporter?
I just use one of my wife's tote bags.
>>
>>47550410
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elephantlaboratories/sol-last-days-of-a-star/description
Just backed this yesterday, looks bretty gud.
>>
File: 91798067.jpg (18 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
91798067.jpg
18 KB, 384x256
>>47572699
>Viticulture
>>
>>47577041
If deck building is your thing, there's Heart of Crown if you're interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/heart-of-crown-deck-building-card-game

Done by the same people who did Tanto Cuore and some of the art is done by Yuji Himukai, who did the character art for Etrian odyssey
>>
Page 9? Ooooh no you don't.

Just finished a three player game of innovation. Ive had this game since 2013, it is a go to duel game between the wife and I, and yet, I keep finding new uses for cards, see new ways to bully, and holy shit is three player different than two. Lame age 1 attack cards now give double the goodies if they go unchecked, and it is a much tighter fight to get those achievements. It was like playing a brand new game. Helped that my buddy grokked it so quickly after playing solely against my wife right before. Normally, three or four player matches have always with been people just starting to explore the mechanics, never mind the synergies and timing.

Cannot wait to play it again with him and introduce the first expansion.

What game did you pleasantly rediscover, /bgg/?
>>
>>47577136
>There's Super Dungeon Explore, though I think it wasn't received too well?
It's by Soda Pop Miniatures, and if it's one thing that all their games have in common, it's that they're all style and no substance.
Soda Pop Miniatures have perfected the art of presenting interesting ideas with nice designs and then utterly failing at following through on them.

People keep telling me that the newer... editions? Expansions? Are much better, but that might be just a feeble attempt at justifying the giant expense.

>>47582873
I wish the scans on TTS were better so I could play it a little before I may or may not be able to get my hands on a copy at Essen.
>>
Carcassonne or Hunters & Gatherers?

I remember playing a lot of H&G as a kid so I'm relatively familiar with it. Never played as much of the original game but I've heard it's better.
>>
>>47577041
There's that other card game with similar theme Tanto Cuore (scantly clad anime lassies), I think it's called "Barbarossa". It's gimmick is that it's also about WW2 Eastern Front, so it's scantly clad anime lassies with military theme.
>>
>>47572448
There is no worker placement in Terra Mystica, friend.
>>
I never thought I'd be considering dropping 700ish dollars on a game, but here I am.
Thanks Cthulhuwars.
>>
Speaking of Cthulhuwars, there's a Expansion Rule Books link listed on the website, but it just returns a 404 message.
Does anyone have it?
>>
File: pic2821927_lg.jpg (175 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
pic2821927_lg.jpg
175 KB, 1024x768
>tfw the full game of one of your games take 15 hours

I guess this is my project for the summer, gathering 3 friends who are as insane as I am

I have played the first Punic War scenario (which is two player) and while the combat system seemed complicated at first (it involves percentages), in play it's really dramatic
>>
File: AdisagreementOfTheHeart.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AdisagreementOfTheHeart.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>47577331
Stop being an antisocial inept anon, and find people that you enjoy being around. I assume you just smell like piss all the time and are secretly unable to hold a conversation with another human being.
>>
> What's your favorite category of games

4x's

> What category of games do you have the most difficulty getting to the table with your main group?

4x's as my group tends to hate having to learn anything that can not be explained in less then 15 minutes. Bonus hate if the game has rules that do not adhere to the expected results; eg Winning a fight and losing your troops in Kemet.

I'd rather not ever play with someone that is offended by board games. So getting rid of that type of hypothetical person is okay as I've not ever met one.

> What is your preferred board game transporter?

Depends on the play time I intend to put in. It can range from a backpack to a plastic crate.
>>
>>47584170
Have you seen the newest expansion, Artifacts of History? It looks nuts. Alt-wins in age one, achieving regardless of eligibility, compel effects. Honestly super excited for Innovation Deluxe to drop
>>
>>47577136
Anon who posted >>47565176 Helionox here.

It doesn't fit the cutesy artwork bill at all, theme is sci-fi, and the artwork is soooo good.

In the far future, humanity has expanded and established colonies on the moon, Mars, a large asteroid and Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. The sun is dying and there's bad mojo brewing throughout the colonies.

You play one of six Architects, leaders of mankind belonging to one of four factions. the Architects travel between the colonies to organise the defense of the colonies against various threats, represented by an Events deck. Each turn, latent events become active and a new latent event is revealed in one of the five colonies, and you gain influence (VP) from defusing the situation.

You draw cards from your deck to travel through the solar system, buying tech and agents from the available resources in one of four categories: Defense, Biotech, Cybernetics and Transport. You can also use each colony's unique abilities to gain different bonuses.

The cards generate credits to buy stuff, defense to defeat the events and effects such as gaining influence, free transportation to another colony, or purging cards from your deck. There's an amazing amount of synergy between cards and factions and you can build some really crazy combos. After all event cards are drawn, the game ends and the guy with the most influence wins.

Basically the mechanics are the same as a lot of other deckbuilders, with a few twists. Cards you buy go to the top of your deck instead of into the discard pile, so they will be available on the very next turn, which speeds gameplay up. You can choose to keep cards on your hand instead of discarding everything at the end of your turn, tough you must discard back to 5 cards after drawing, so you can have a bleh turn and hold onto a useful card and wait for a good combo on the next turn. Strategywise you kind of react to what the game throws at you, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I like it
>>
>>47589632
Is it with the new art work and graphics? The new edition look rubs me the wrong way something fierce, for whatever reason.

We adore the simplistic layout and graphics of the original.
>>
>>47589298
I feel you mate, even if I just want to play a 2-player wargame that takes 4 to 6 hours.

Maybe try looking for some group in you city? There is a some sort of club for historical wargamers not too far away from me, surely you'll be able to find one in your location too. Unless you live in Antarctica or Australian outback.
>>
Also, to people talking about Cthulhu Wars, the Petersens have a youtube channel where they go over a lot of various things related to the game. Unboxings of the first set of expansions, game design logic for the game, roughly what the new expansions will be doing, etc etc.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxPdvDZS-IBI_t-FMzIb7IQ/videos
>>
>>47589820
I actually have friends who dig wargames, I can sometimes get people together for a full Virgin Queen game, but 15 hours is just a bit much, at least for a single setting.

I am considering splitting the game up into 5 hour sessions, or something like that, and keeping track of where everything is. But first I think we'll just play a half-game, and see if it's worth the investment (of time, that is, this'll quickly be worth the buck just playing the 2-player scenarios)

Still, I'm really thankful I know so many history majors. Hell, I even have someone to play Great Battles of History games with, which is more fortunate than a lot of loners
>>
>>47589632

The rules for drawing cards are getting more and more convoluted with each expansion. Artifacts to a ridiculous degree.

Otherwise it looks cool.

>>47589801

There's now three versions of the game; the IELLO one was the European release later ported to here.

This is the new Asmadi edition.
>>
>tfw I knew that Mayfair had bought Twilight Creations an hour before the official annoucenment, purely because I happened to overhear some Mayfair bigwig mentioning it at The Hilton Metropole for this year's UK Games Expo
No way I could've leaked it, sadly - my phone's a fossilised piece of shit, and I couldn't get any Wi-Fi - but it was kinda cool that I stumbled across that information purely by accident
>>47577041
There's a Lupin III board game, but the rules were so badly translated that they had to release a second rulebook online.
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 909x707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 909x707
Would any of you guys happen to have a pdf for the rules of Star Wars Rebellion? I just ordered it from Amazon, and I want to have the rule down by the time it arrives.

Also it looks fucking amazing. Anyone know what I'm getting into?
>>
File: Snekanta.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Snekanta.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
>>47591770
You know FFG post ALL OF their rules on their website right? I mean, you DO know this right? I bet you are just asking as a joke right? Seriously though anon

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/0b/07/0b07601a-6ac3-4333-ac41-b6d1b9a979da/sw03_learn_to_play_web.pdf

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/d9/76/d97645d4-3973-41b6-ad78-6c9b927d3bc1/sw03_rules_reference_web.pdf
>>
>>47591770

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=star+wars+rebellion+rules&l=1

I'm not trying to be an ass -- you would be reading the rules right now if you followed this one simple step. It's important knowledge to learn for the future.
>>
How do I stop my players from wanting to play Dixit all the fucking time?
>>
>>47592022
Buy Mysterium and play that all the time instead. It's like a better Dixit anyway.
>>
File: 1460672095044.jpg (35 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1460672095044.jpg
35 KB, 600x549
>>47591956
>>47591967
Huh. I simply ignored google results from Fantasy Flight proper. And this is from the same person that downloaded the rules for TI3 years ago to make rules checking easier on everyone.

Whelp.
>>
>>47592041

>Buy Deception: Murder in Hong Kong and play that all the time instead.

It's a mixture of Mysterium, Code Names, and social deduction.

Actually Code Names is good too and you can play it using the Dixit cards.
>>
>>47589752
A game that has anime inspired art that isn't all about scantily clad women is always a welcome addition I think. Though I guess this doesn't have that much of an anime themed game, just the character design?

Still looks interesting though, like a Xenoshyft that isn't just surviving impossible odds, and instead about advancing your faction with events thrown in to keep things spicy. Gonna keep a look out on this.
>>
File: abstonelutely disgusting.jpg (65 KB, 595x398) Image search: [Google]
abstonelutely disgusting.jpg
65 KB, 595x398
>See that there's going to be a 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Board Game'
>Hmmm might be-
>Steve Jackson Games
>>
>>47589409
>are secretly unable to hold a conversation with another human being.

Is that a bad thing? I'm trying my best to learn it, but it's difficult. There's no set rules or anything.
>>
>>47593382
>Open Mouth
>Say words
Wow, so fucking difficult.
>>
>>47593481
Well you're demonstrating how one can fail at a conversation, so the point is proven for me.
>>
File: IMG_20160603_213236.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160603_213236.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3120
So it's come to this
>>
I have no friends
Any single player board games with a very high replayability factor (except Kingdom Death)?
>>
>>47594217
I have no friends either. I play mage Knight, legendary encounters alien and lotr lcg

I say no friends, but I mean that the ones who play games rarely come out anymore
>>
>>47594217
Shadows over Malice.
Randomly spawned monsters and items, but its not a dungeon run game. But it also means charts. Chartschartscharts.
>>
>>47594166
Thunderbolt Apache Leader, The Hunters: German Uboats at War, and Mage Knight are my go-to single player games.
Also recommend Lord of the Rings the card game but only if you play 2 handed. It's fun building decks to tackle different adventures. Trying to slowly amass a complete play-set but other shit to buy always gets in the way.
>>
>>47594727
meant >>47594217
>>
>>47593058
Eeeeehhhhhh... they're more miss than hit, but when they are capable of producing solid games e.g. Ninja Burger, Frag
>>
>>47594727
Thanks for the recommendations.

Yeah lotr you have to go two hands I think, was actually turned off it when I tried first fee times with one hand.
I've yet to get any expansions, but I've yet to get really engrossed in it.
Great game though, and a lot easier to get playing than mage Knight which I need to dedicate a week to
>>
>>47594786
I've invested in some really great plano boxes for Mage Knight that makes the setup a breeze. Goes a long way to keep the game shorter. Even went so far as to fashion a box insert to keep the card types separated. I was REALLY into it for a while. Just one of those games where you want to play it every day and do better than the last time.
>>
File: You done fucked up now son.gif (1 MB, 350x264) Image search: [Google]
You done fucked up now son.gif
1 MB, 350x264
>>47594166
> Sleeves for all the L.E. Aliens cards
MFW I still don't have mine sleeved yet...

>>47594727
> The Hunters...
Late war Allies are OP with their Sonar / Radar cheat codes!!!! ;)

I've also got a pristine unpunched copy of Avalon Hill's 'Raid on St. Nazaire'. (It even has that new board game smell still on the inside!) I'm itching to play, but I have to make a 'game box' with a plexiglass cover first. Otherwise the cats will be scattering chits (or eating them).

>>47594217
>Any single player board games with a very high replayability factor

XenoShyft (look for the updated rules coming with the new expansion).
Nemo also looks to be a kick-ass solo / co-op game.
Gears of War can easily be played solo and still be a lot of fun.
Nations
Robinson Crusoe
Space Empires 4x
Sentinels of the Multiverse
>>
>>47595142
After only a few solo plays the cards were showing wear. I got predator recently too but that can wait.
Great game, loads in it but the quality of the cards disappoints
>>
>>47594217
I've heard good things about Joel Toppen's Navajo Wars, so I'm considering Comancheria which should be out August-September I think.

>>47594727
>>47595142
>The Hunters
The sequel to this - The Hunted - should be hitting GMT's P500 program soon!
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1584404/p500

On that note, how would you guys say The Hunters ranks as a solitaire game? Thinking about picking up Silent Victory
>>
File: image.jpg (186 KB, 519x813) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186 KB, 519x813
Why Are most people terrified of spending thirty minutes learning a boardgame anymore? I have friends that I'll have to push and prod to learn a game, which they will inevitably love, all because they have to spend a small amount of time concentrating. Is this a problem a lot of you guys have?
>>
>>47596360
You're living in the world of the mobile idiot box, what do you think?
>>
>>47596360
Same here bro, it is gotten to the point that is moronic, there is someone in my group that has been bringing the same game for the last couple of months, brand new (Transylvania something) that we do not even bother playing because she doesn't want to read the rules.
>>
>>47596360
Yes.
>>
>>47594217

Hornet Leader
Lord of the Rings LCG
Mage Knight and the upcoming Star Trek re-theme/re-work
>>
Someone here who can tell me how t's a Game of thrones LCG 2nd edition? any other card game that would you people recommmend?
>>
Don't die pls
>>
>>47596561
Jesus Christ. One of my friends is like that, but at least he's up to playing any game. I'm fine with reading through the rules for a cool new game. As long as people will play the damn thing. Like I can understand not having enough time for big huge games like TI3. But it's gotten crazy how lazy people will get. It's hard enough to even get people to show up, let alone play a damn game. I'm not that old, but I do feel the convenience of modern entertainment and technology has left people flakey and apathetic. It's annoying.
>>
>>47550410
>galaxy trucker phone app
Jesus Christ that route you get from the sleazy dude is brutal.
>>
>>47599012
Really well designed card game. The best part for me (being a fan of the books) is how the theme of the books shine through the game mechanics and individual cards. The fact that there are 3 types of conflicts and the design of the Plot Deck and how it basically forms your strategy of the deck you're using is what really sets it apart. Great game but i would recommend going all in if you go in at all. So many good cards and great deck building options from all the packs. Get in now when the game is young. Only 6 packs and 1 deluxe expansion so far.

I also love Warhammer 40k Conquest. Another LCG but equally well designed and fun. It's also relatively young. (2 cycles)

The Lord of the Rings the card game is great too if you like co-op but there are so many fucking cards that it's really hard to go all in. I'm just building slowly over time but it works because it's not competitive and you don't have to keep up with any meta.
>>
>>47599947
I heard to people say that aGoT is somewhat more slower than other games. can you confirm this? also I don't know why but I also got the impression that in this game there's a tendency to turtle and wait until a named character enters into play.
>>
>>47592492
Yeah, it's not really anime style either (no huge-eyed, diminutive-nosed waifus), but the character design does borrow a bit from it. Very colorful and dynamic, really cool.
Just downloaded solo variant rules and definitely waiting for the expansion.
>>
>>47592492
Also, think more Star Realms than Dominion or Xenoshyft. The entire game is around a hundred cards total, so bonus points for portability.
>>
>>47596360
A guy I know bought Twilight Struggle, and man, was he stoked to own the BGGs top ranked game. He'll blabber about how great it is but he won't play it because he's terrified of the rulebook. He offered to lend it to me so I can explain the game to him I don't know the rules either.
>>
>>47602047
Most of that rulebook is a tournament play by play report, and historical references to the 100 cards. Actual rules? About 8 pages, with pretty clear cut cases and exampled.

Its really not a complex game. Its knowing what the cards do and how to abuse them that makes it difficult for a new player to stand a chance against a veteran.
>>
>>47596360
>Why Are most people terrified of spending thirty minutes learning a boardgame anymore?

A lot of folks are just plain busy and spending the time to read a rule book for a game they don't even own may seem frivolous. That said...

>>47596561
>we do not even bother playing because she doesn't want to read the rules.

If the owner of the game can't be bothered to read the rules, there's your problem.
>>
File: 1464897337502.jpg (1 MB, 850x1702) Image search: [Google]
1464897337502.jpg
1 MB, 850x1702
>>47551312
So I'm confused, is Kingdom Death separate from Kingdom Death Monster? And is the only way to play it to wait until the 400 dollar version is back in stock?
>>
File: WP_20160604_001.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160604_001.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I just got an unplayed copy of axis and allies for $25 CAD. Almost all the splines are intact, and the plastic bags are unopened. (1987)
Problem is, all my dedicated board game friends (played a 5.5 hour game of talisman) are coming over for our biweekly game night.
Should I bite the bullet and start cutting them out?
>>
>>47604357
Same game.

And yes, although he doesn't know if he's going to do another run.
>>
>>47604773
>>47604357
Isn't he making a simplified card game of it?
>>
>>47604807
Preliminary plans? But we don't really know much more than that.

Apparently he has a bunch of stuff in the pipeline, so who knows how long it'll take.
>>
>>47604592
No, play a good game.
>>
>>47604773
Oh. Well that's unfortunate, but after seeing how much shit is in that box I guess I understand. Wouldn't mind a much smaller version though, it seems pretty interesting.
>>
>>47603483
Definitely. I'd never expect my friends to read the rulebook for new games. I'm fine with shouldering that responsibility. But it feels so fucking annoying to resort to playing the same tired old game or just hanging out and drinking and smoking because they don't want to bother learning something new --which they would end up liking if they did. I realize people are generally busy, but when we're all hanging out and playing a boardgame, it's not an intense environment.

I don't know, maybe it's just my associates.
>>
>>47604995
It's pretty fun, a bit luck dependent.
It has some really neat stuff though. The monster all being AI and playing differently is really neat for a boardgame.

I've been thinking and teasing forever that I'm going to do a play by post so people can at least see what it's like.
>>
File: 60000 bees.png (173 KB, 336x263) Image search: [Google]
60000 bees.png
173 KB, 336x263
>>47596360
I have this problem with one gaming group, and the opposite problem with another.

The first group is publically hosted and contains a large proportion of younger adults who have got their designated set of favorite games, mostly consisting of stuff like Munchkin and Kung Fu Fighting, and they never want to play anything new. When they can be convinced to play a new game, they invariably love it, but they keep going back to the old games because they're easier to teach new players.

The second group has a couple of people who keep buying new games and getting really excited to play them, they'll sit down and read the rulebook, they'll talk about how they can't wait to play this game... and then we'll get together, play it once or twice, and they'll never touch it again. They always talk about how much fun the game was, how much they loved it, but as soon as we're hanging out and someone suggests actually playing it after the first few times, the topic gets sidelined into Project M or something.
>>
>>47604357
Tabletop Simulator.
>>
Loot of the month.

Death Angels would be my first try in the whole Warhammer 4k world, hopefully it will be fun to play with my current group (and even if not, it can also be played solitary mode).

Warehouse 51's description tickled my bone just right. The whole idea of dealing with mystical legendary objects kept hidden by the Government sounds great.
>>
>>47588265
DO IT ANON
>>
Well, since everyone's talking about it, does Cthulhu Wars even play well, or is it just a big toy box full of figures and no substance?
>>
File: 244.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
244.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>47596360
>mfw i never have this problem
>mfw i am often introducing games to people that are just moving beyond munchkin/CAH
>mfw I have gotten complete non gamers to sit down for ti3 and they have a good time because everyone gets along in a competitive way and SPACE
>mfw I explain rules so often I can condense things easily and it makes things go by even faster
>>
>>47607850
By all reports it's actually pretty good, with some noticeable similarities to Chaos in the Old World. Not so great as to justify the price on gameplay alone though, so its still the appeal of the chrome that drives the purchase, you just happen to also have a decent game to go along with it.
>>
>>47608562

I'm kind of sad that there's no human resistance in CW. CitOW had heroes and shit, at least they made the world feel... not passive?
Plus, that game had those events that shook up the game each turn, that's missing from Cthulhu and pals as well. Bit of a shame
>>
>>47608055
Are you just that social, or did you luck out?
>>
>>47596360
Honestly there are so many games now I think people are afraid of trying new and unfamiliar games in case they're a waste of time. Even me, if it's not one of the games on my watchlist, I'd be super hesitant. I keep as informed as possible but many good games fly under my radar, and many shit games too.
>>47605152
I definitely feel you.
Our meetup can be pretty evenly split between those two types. We have guys with several hundred games, and we have people whose only game is Codenames. When you have more games than days in a year, each one gets played once a year or less. When you own one game, you might not be as invested in the hobby so learning something new doesn't interest you. Some of them are super into board games though so that's not the rule.
Then there's my other group. They play whatever I tell them because I'm the only one who brings games.
>>47608055
Cheers
>>
So wait, I can buy every single Cthulhuwars expansion, but the base game is gone everywhere?
>>
File: Sensei.jpg (150 KB, 549x563) Image search: [Google]
Sensei.jpg
150 KB, 549x563
>>47589409
>I assume you just smell like piss all the time and are secretly unable to hold a conversation with another human being
Two for two, how did you know?
>>
>>47610644
The first print run is on its last legs, yeah. I understand that there's still some copies of it on Amazon for near MSRP price. I also think that it may be possible to order the second printing of the game with the KS shipment, but I'm not 100% -- ask on BGG and someone from the Petersen gang will be able to answer more definitively.
>>
>>47610793
Manga pics: dead giveaway
>>
>Space Empires 4x
>Virgin Queen
Can anyone attempt to sell me on these? They're both listed in a math trade I'm participating in and I've heard lots of good things about them, but I don't know enough to really be able to evaluate them.
>>
>>47613320

It's not like GMT games really lose value.
>>
File: Space Empires 4x 01.jpg (3 MB, 3477x2150) Image search: [Google]
Space Empires 4x 01.jpg
3 MB, 3477x2150
>>47613320
Space Empires 4x is probably 'The' definitive "Space 4x" game - explore, expand, exploit, and exterminate other players / races. It's got a fair amount of rules and is a classic 'hex & chit' style board. It has the nice touch of being able to be played solo.
>>
>>47613505
Interesting - Zombicide is now on Steam via Tabletop Simulator...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/468726
>>
Bum
>>
>tfw making a wantlist
This is almost starting to feel like work. Just gotta remember it'll be worth it in the end...
>>
>>47618902
what's that interface?
>>
>>47618902
Why are there games listen both on X and Y axis? Is it something like "you like this, you'll like that"?

My wishlist of games consists mostly of wargames, which are neither cheap or really appreciated in my gaming group, so I just keep putting back buying them.
>>
>>47604592
What version? 1942?
>>
I think FFG is purposefully putting off the inevitable dedicated Nyarlathotep expansion for EH, possibly to recover from an ill-received expansion.
"No one bought Horrible Puddle of Goo, quick, announce Scary Black Man!"
>>
>>47622120
What ill-received expansion?
>>
>>47622156
A hypothetical ill-received expansion.
Like everyone hates it so FFG gives us all Nyarlathotep as damage control, and they've been saving him for that.
>>
>>47618902
How the hell does that work? I didn't realize one has to be a Math Major in order to participate in a Math trade... (Not that I really have any games I want to trade / get rid of.)
>>
A game store nearby has a discounted 504, I've skimmed through some reviews and saw some mixed reviews. Design is cool, but I'm not entirely convinced.
Have any of you people played it before? Is it good or just hyped? Should I pull the trigger?
>>
>>47624031
Pretty garbage. Everything in it is a mish-mashed ripoff. You can play a lot of mediocre scenarios or you could buy several other games which cover the key basics and do them much much better.
>>
>>47620743
>>47621265
>>47623375
So, it's a math trade wantlist. The columns (well, the first 9 columns) are games which I've put up for trade, games which I said publicly that I might be willing to trade for the right things. The rows are games other people put up for trade. The boxes are spots where I can indicate that I'm willing to trade my game for theirs.

Once everybody involved with the trade has submitted their want lists, the trade administrator runs a program which takes all that data and tries to match up as many trades as possible, and usually in a circular fashion rather than straight 1:1.

E.g., Bob says he'd trade his copy of Carcassonne for 7 Wonders, Alice says she'd trade her copy of 7 Wonders for Dominion, and Eric says he'd trade his copy of Dominion for Carcassonne, so the program tells Bob to give Carc to Eric, Alice to give 7 Wonders to Bob, and Eric to give Dominion to Alice. As far as each individual person goes from their point of view they traded the game they didn't want for a game they did, so in the end it all works out, except in math trades these loops can involve hundreds of games all at once.

In the past I've made out like a bandit from math trades, but this one is six times larger than the one I participated in last year. The most important thing is to not approve any trade which you wouldn't be completely happy with, because inevitably that is the trade which will guaranteed happen. So I'm going through each of these blocks making damn sure that I actually would be okay with this trade if it fired... and this one... and this one...
>>
>>47624602
Alright - I sort of get your description. The first 9 vertical columns are the games you're willing to trade, and the 22 green columns are others games I gather...

But I'm still uncertain of the 'White & Green Rows' (Not columns) verses the 'Gray & Green Rows' in the middle, and then the 'White & Green Rows' again at the bottom. You have a ton of checks in the white columns in the white & green section at the top, then checks in the green in the gray & green mid section, but none at the bottom. My clue-meter / comprehension seems a bit off today. (And thanks for the earlier reply.)
>>
>>47625420
So, everything you're confused about is from the duplicate protection system. You see, there are, for example, 4 copies of Terra Mystica on the list. If I didn't use duplicate protection and I said that I'd be willing to trade for each of those then it'd be possible for the program to give me more than one copy of Terra Mystica and that would suck cause I only want one. So, I use the duplicate protection part of the generator.

What that does is it takes the four original rows / copies of Terra Mystica and grays them out -- I should not put any games up for trade for those. Then, it creates one single green row for the Terra Mystica group, and I levy games against that row. Finally, the grayed out rows have a single check mark each on the green column for the Terra Mystica group.

In short, I've created a dummy item in the system called 'Terra Mystica group', and told the program that I'm willing to trade games XYZ for this dummy item, and then told the program that I'm willing to trade the dummy item for one of the four real copies of Terra Mystica. Since it is now no longer possible for the program to create a chain of trades that results in me getting more than one copy of Terra Mystica I'm now safe and can't end up with a bunch of duplicates.

There's more stuff one could do with the dummy item system, but it gets complicated and it's possible to screw yourself up if you aren't careful. For example, I could come to the conclusion that I only want to receive one two player game and make a group for OGRE, Space Hulk, Heroes of Normandie and Twilight Struggle and do all the above things with that. Just gotta be smart and careful, cause if there's even a single trade that you aren't 100% sure you'd be happy with then that's the one which is guaranteed to happen.
>>
Also, one thing to point out, this enormous list is just the items from the trade which I picked out as being possibly interesting to me. There are over 3,000 items in this trade... So even though that list is huge, the full list is even bigger. I've already culled my way down to this.
>>
>>47604592
Axis & Allies is a trap for people who are tired of Risk.
>>
>>47625913
A Game of Thrones is a trap for people who are tired of A&A.
>>
>>47613505
I am the MOST fucking envious of anyone with a copy of this game right now. I have been waiting patiently for this game to release then the moment it did, I had no money for a couple months. Suddenly it's out of stock everywhere.
>>
>>47596360
I am very glad that I could build up my game group by teaching my friends Agricola.
>>
>>47588265
>$700

Don't worry anonon, that's not that bad. Imagine, the base game of KD:M costs more than that on ebay now and that's with no expansions!
>>
>>47626849
This is why I hate Kickstarter games, they might be utterly mediocre, but prices skyrocket just because production runs are limited.
>>
>>47626923
Wouldn't exactly call either of those games mediocre, but I'm with you on that. I really hope Rust/Bannersaga won't share the same fate.
>>
>>47626957
Scythe, not rust.
>>
File: Cthulhu Wars.jpg (103 KB, 1717x1077) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu Wars.jpg
103 KB, 1717x1077
Man I wish there was a figure-based anime board game. I wanna see cute girls doing fun shit.
>>
>>47625532
>So, everything you're confused about is from the duplicate protection system.

Ok, thanks - that and the list is actually much larger explanation does make sense now. (Though why you wouldn't want 4 copies of Terra Mystica is another issue altogether...) ;)
>>
File: pic3043915.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
pic3043915.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
16" long, 11.5" tall, 7.5" deep.

Jesus fuck.
>>
>>47627518
What is that?
Another minis-game?

What are other HUEG games other than K:D and CW?
>>
>waiting for Falling Sky to turn up at the local game store
SHIP FASTER GMT GODDAMNIT

>>47626097
Isn't GMT planning a reprint pretty soon? At least I hope they are...
>>
>>47628493
Yeah but it's expensive unless you get in on the ground floor. I don't pre-order as a matter of principle.
>>
File: Forbidden Sitars.jpg (300 KB, 1050x767) Image search: [Google]
Forbidden Sitars.jpg
300 KB, 1050x767
I got myself a new game. I hope the balalaika expansion will come out soon.
>>
>>47628428
It's basically Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide: The Board Game
>>
>played agricola yesterday
>pretty boring and slow
>not sure why people prefer it to other worker placement out there

I'm not upset that I played it but I'd probably avoid playing it again in the future. Am I just missing the point, or is it really such a dull game?
>>
>>47627251
Kickstarted didn't deliver any cute girls boardgames at all. And that's sad.
>>
>>47628616
That sure is a long-ass name.
>>
>>47628975
There's a lot of good anime board games.
Like Tanto Cuore! And uh...
>>
>>47567891
>>47567831
How is Mage Knight anyway? All I've heard is that it has way too many mechanics.
>>
Man, the UK Games Expo is always such a blast. I was really good and didn't blow my last £10 on some reduced games (I've never seen so many bargains at the Expo before - I know Sunday's he day to get rid of stuff so you don't have to lug it back home, but EVERYONE was reducing their prices!).

I also managed to sell most of my games at this year's Bring & Buy - it was all fun shit, but I never played them and they took up too much room, especially the VHS games. Anywho, time for bragging about my haul...

>6. (bunch of dice minigames in a weensy little tin)
>Dodekka (super-simple push-your-luck card game, which hopefully will get the family gaming)
>Medieval Academy (got it for £19)
>WWE Superstars (got for £10)
>Good Cop, Bad Cop (hidden objective games are my jam, and I've seen it around the Expo before)
>Multiuniversium (theme sounds rad as shit - closing portals to alternate universes so you don't fuck up your scientific experiment even more)
>Pizza Party (cute little dice game, might get to play it with my niece-in-law)
>Maximum Throwdown (no idea, but it was only £5)
>shitload of back issues of some cheap gaming fanzine (they were free)

Basically, I decided that having even a few huge, kinda pricey games was dumb, but having lots of small, cheap games would at least fix the issue of my limited storage space.

Oh, and Tom Vasel was there this year with Sam Healy, and they were great. I missed their first panel so I could go to The Dark Room, but The Dark Room is always perfect, so it's all good.
>>47606585
I considered buying Warehouse 51 today, but I guess I was too cheap to buy it
>>
>>47630548
And none of them ever tie together properly. Or are balanced like in the "play testing" sort of way. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Mage Knight was invented when the creator dumped every board game he had, pulled pieces at random from them and made up reasons they were in the game ad-hoc. Then immediately pitched and printed it without any blind testing.

It's not an adventure
It's a bizarre and poorly made puzzle game
>>
File: pic2661579.jpg (699 KB, 619x837) Image search: [Google]
pic2661579.jpg
699 KB, 619x837
Opinions on Talon from GMT?
>>
>>47630752
Fuck, that bad?
Man I thought it's a good game...
>>
>>47630578
>The Dark Room
What's that?
>>
>>47630754
I am unhappy with it.
>>
>>47631145
http://www.thejohnrobertson.com/thedarkroom/
>>
>>47631153
Not the original Anon, but the 'why' behind you being unhappy with Talon would be helpful.
>>
>>47631334
I am unhappy because it is neither in my collection nor available for purchase.
>>
>>47630754
>>47631509
Thanks, another space game to add to my to-buy collection.

Also why the fuck is CSI low on stock or out of stock of EVERYTHING this month?
>>
>>47631509
http://www.amazon.com/GMT-Games-GMT1511-Talon/dp/B01BMPBKRS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465167513&sr=8-2&keywords=space+empires+4x

It's on amazon you fuck.
>>
File: 5364564.jpg (973 KB, 1526x2235) Image search: [Google]
5364564.jpg
973 KB, 1526x2235
What do you all think about this?
>>
Anyone wants to play XenoShyft with me on Steam? or Star Realms
>>
>>47634428
xenoshyft is pretty fun. star realms is played out, though.
>>
>>47634461
Ok... I'm asking for someone to play with me either of those games. I own both apps, I'm looking for someone who owns either of those apps to PLAY with me.
>>
>>47634504
As do I.
>>
>>47628616
So it's garbage?
>>
>>47628569
>I don't pre-order as a matter of principle.
You know for P500 you don't pay until the game is actually guaranteed to be printed, right?
>>
>>47632107
End of Q2.
>>
>>47634650
Then, would you like to play with me?
>>
>>47634866
No.
>>
>>47635386
Ok. I hate you.
>>
>>47636275

>>47635386 wasn't the person you were originally talking to. sorry i was out grilling.
>>
>>47636364
Don't listen to him.
I am the real anon.
No one wants to play with you.
>>
File: 1368546836177.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1368546836177.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>apparently troyes is getting a reprint this month
>i was about to buy it for $100 off amazon anyway
>orleans expansions in the mail, too

pretty excited 2bh
>>
>>47631123
I don't agree with that Anon's assessment, but it is different from what most people expect. It's not a "throw some dice and hack some monsters" adventure game. It is a complex puzzle game of resource management.

Some people absolutely love it, others hate it. YMMV. I'm somewhere in-between.

Though I will say, >>47567831 is absolutely correct. The rulebooks are labyrinthine, and some edge rules are unintuitive. I always have to look up how elemental resistance works every time I play.
>>
>>47577041

How anime is anime? Does this lady to the left qualify as anime enough?

Because if so... check out, well, EVERYTHING by Level 99 games. My favorite from them is BattleCON - basically Guilty Gear in board game form as a 1v1 perfect information duel game. It's incredibly fun.

If you prefer yourself some chibis, though, Sellswords might be more your speed.
>>
File: Sellswords-Header[1].jpg (244 KB, 994x495) Image search: [Google]
Sellswords-Header[1].jpg
244 KB, 994x495
>>47641366

For reference, Sellswords looks like this. It's all adorable little chibis. And the gameplay is heavily based on Tetra Master, from Final Fantasy.
>>
File: pic1683693_lg.jpg (229 KB, 1024x403) Image search: [Google]
pic1683693_lg.jpg
229 KB, 1024x403
>>47628428
>What are other HUEG games other than K:D and CW?

OGRE: Designer Edition. The box is 28 lbs worth of stuff and they had to make a carry bag specifically to fit the box.
>>
File: Team-Lift!.jpg (197 KB, 616x469) Image search: [Google]
Team-Lift!.jpg
197 KB, 616x469
>>47642634
The 'Team Lift' icon from the back of the box makes me Kek!
>>
File: avatar.png (100 KB, 316x266) Image search: [Google]
100 KB, 316x266
>>47641385
I do not think I will ever tire of Fabio Fonte's artwork.
>>
>>47643317

I love most of everything L99 puts out, and Fabio's artwork is a definite part of it.

I just wish my friends weren't a bunch of weenies so I could actually buy and play Millenium Blades. That shit looks fucking amazing.
>>
>>47641385
That does look adorable.
I wish I there was some CitOW anime game. Lolis vs big tits big sisters vs traps vs tomboys.
It'd sell millions I tell ya.
>>
>>47630752
I'm this guy >>47567891 and I agree with this Anon >>47641290

It's wibbly-wobbly mash-up of mechanics, with the most prominent one being hand management I think. I like the bit that your wounds go into your deck and you build your deck with new items and abilities, but if I want those things I can play other games. Games with shorter setup and play time AND better rulebooks.

I really really dislike the Mage Knight rulebooks. People really argue whether Mage Knight rules are terribly or fantastically written. I have no bloody idea why the latter think as they do, but I'm a guy that loves most of GMT rulebooks.
>>
>>47633756
Haven't-played-but-really-dig-the-artwork/10
>>
Hello page 10 my old friend
>>
>>47634461
xenoshyft was played out after the very first game I felt.
>>
>>47628428
It's Descent with no overloard, the game runs the monsters, and all grimm-dark. You unlock things much like in legacy games, new classes and other things, as you play.

I love the idea of it but I find the grafical design of the game off-putting. Which is a damn shame as I'd love to play it but know I wont get it for myself as I wouldn't stand to look at it in my shelf.
>>
>>47634692
Rhado liked it when he playtested a preview copy. Check out the youtubes. Looks really fun but I can't stand the grafical design of the product.
>>
>>47646367
>legacy elements

Yes, I want more of that in games.
Is there some survival-coop game that uses legacy? Like Dead of Winter Legacy or some such?
>>
>>47627251
Are you talking about Super Dungeon Explore?
>>
>>47646367
>>47646387
What about the graphical design do you two dislike?
>>
>>47647733
Bigger. Fatter. Huge.

And also, you know. Good.
>>
Anyone have that shitty image for "games to play with your gf/wife"?
>>
>>47642634
28 lbs worth of nothing
If one game doesn't deserve such a big box, it's that game.
>>
File: pixel-tactics-deluxe.png (878 KB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
pixel-tactics-deluxe.png
878 KB, 1024x725
>>47641366
>>47641385
>>47577041
Pixel Tactics is also great.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.