[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Modern General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.xlhq.jpg (595 KB, 745x1040) Image search: [Google]
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn.xlhq.jpg
595 KB, 745x1040
Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Next MTG Purchase?

The updated Modern Metagame is below.
>>
File: Modern Metagame.jpg (199 KB, 1137x819) Image search: [Google]
Modern Metagame.jpg
199 KB, 1137x819
The overall Modern Metagame.

Information on Tiers and how they're calculated:
http://modernnexus.com/topdecks/

Direct link to the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VwzQKE-QTxRqzZjZ2n0o1Cp80enNcYQACf3d7xlsVDc/pubhtml
>>
File: Image.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>playing
Suicide Zoo
>Brewing
Nothing really just Tibor and Lumia EdH and testing myth realized on Suicide Zoo main deck of a one of.
>Next Purchase
EDH and Verdant Catacombs to finish my loam Pox deck in legacy.
>>
>>47550348
>suzoo
Mind sharing your list?
What are your thoughts one 1 postmortem lunge?

>>47550143
Some potential discussion:

Is Crumbling Vestige good in Amulet?

Is Whirler Rogue good? I know it's worse than P&K, but in a Bant or Sultai list it might be sweet
>>
>>47550670
I am running Sam Black's List
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=12484&d=271873&f=MO

But I'm running 16 lands instead so I can have 4 lynx, but I'm testing 3lynx and 1myth realized.

As for the postmortem lunge,not sure senpai Pam. I saw a list that used Orzhov Charm and it got to top 8. I would definitely test :D. I would say I don't like paying one mana to bring him back the turn I am going for the kill, because we are light on mana. That's why I think Orzhov Charm is better as you can do it on the end step.
>>
>>47550143
>playing
Kiki chord and u tron.
>brewing
Talrand edh.
>next purchase
Either Fulminator mages or burn stuff.
>>
alright boys im actually buying/finding my pieces for spellweaver helix

+4 loam
+4 flame jab
+2 raven's crime
+4 simian spirit guide
+1 worldfire
+some shocks+fetches

im gonna win my next fnm you watch me
>>
>>47551913
I'm with you on that brother. The manabase is where all the cost of the deck is, everything else is shit $.50 cards
>>
>>47550143
>Playing
Infect
>Brewing
everyone at my local is playing jeskai and jund, without a single eidolon of the great revel in sight. just gonna jam storm for a bit.
>Next MTG Purchase
just finished my legacy deck, so I'm done buying magic cards for now
>>
Seeing these threads makes me sad I sold all my cards, but at the same time at least I don't have to hunt for cards any more. Also considering a the decks I wanted to build got banned in some fashion I wouldn't have really known where to go with Modern.
>>
>>47552730
Modern isnt worth playing. Its a meme format and will be replaced with paper pauper.
>>
>>47552921
>This is what pauperfags actually believe
>>
File: thalia.png (3 MB, 1728x972) Image search: [Google]
thalia.png
3 MB, 1728x972
>>47550143
>>Playing?
legacy

>>Brewing?
technology for beating eldrazi while remaining potent against real decks.

>>Next MTG Purchase?
sold all my other cards
>>
File: yfw.jpg (359 KB, 1024x1296) Image search: [Google]
yfw.jpg
359 KB, 1024x1296
Is it worth to trade a noble hierarch for ancestral visions staight across? I don't know if nobles will go any higher or AV.
Help
>>
>>47553291
ye
>>
>>47553291
no, don't be stupid.
>>
>>47553303
Why yes?
>>47553369
Why not?
>>
>>47551913
Get out
>>
>>47550186

>tfw goblins no longer tier3
>>
File: 1464494017162.jpg (43 KB, 214x329) Image search: [Google]
1464494017162.jpg
43 KB, 214x329
>>47550186

Can Storm reach tier 2?
>>
>>47550143
Ive never really understood Emrakul's popularity when Path is so prevalent. Is protection from shit like Doom Blade really that valuable? It seems fragile.
>>
>>47554219
Eh, path can not kill emrakul
>>
>>47554219
>Protection from colored spells
>"durr y so popular wen path?!1"
>Path is white
>Path is a colored spell
>Ergo, Path cannot legally target Emrakul

If you don't understand the basics of MTG, please leave the thread and don't post again until you do.
>>
>Nahiri already tumbling down

top kek
>>
>>47553111
Its not like they're really competing even. MTG can support a ton of different causal formats.
>>
>>47553389
I say don't do it.

Visions current price tag is inflated because it just recently got unbanned people were hyped for it in modern and honestly, it just has not put up results.

Sure, it'll stay up there in price but I doubt it has room to grow even more.

Hierarch on the other hand can definitely grow. It's been lowish for a while due to MM15 printing. In fact it's already starting to creep up there.

Verdict: Keep Hierarch, Ditch Visions.
>>
>>47554421
More importantly, is it time to offload grafdiggers cage?
>>
>>47554436
Always.
>>
Any chance of Drownyard control being a thing in Modern? Or is it still impossible to get any kind of hard lock on the game?
>>
Made some progress. Eldrazi was a hard match up, since a Reality Smasher on the board is difficult to deal with. More Thragtusks would help with that. I admit the deck is occasionally very dependent on accelerating early and abusing the tempo. 24 Lands may be a land too many, and Garruk Wildspeaker ain't necessarily pulling his weight.

Creature (15)
4x Arbor Elf
4x Birds of Paradise
4x Goblin Dark-Dwellers
1x Obstinate Baloth
1x Thragtusk
1x Thrun, the Last Troll

Sorcery (11)
3x Bramblecrush
4x Molten Rain
4x Stone Rain

Land (24)
10x Forest
1x Kessig Wolf Run
6x Mountain
1x Raging Ravine
2x Stomping Ground
4x Wooded Foothills

Planeswalker (2)
1x Garruk, Primal Hunter
1x Garruk Wildspeaker

Enchantment (4)
4x Utopia Sprawl

Instant (4)
4x Lightning Bolt

Sideboard (15)
1x Ancient Grudge
4x Anger of the Gods
2x Grafdigger's Cage
1x Obstinate Baloth
2x Pithing Needle
1x Relic of Progenitus
4x Spellskite
>>
>>47554590
Land Destruction is kinda like Counterspells in that it's pointless if your opponent has already resolved a threat.
>>
>>47554436
If you don't plan on using it, yes. Always sell into hype. Well, almost always.
>>
>>47554257
>>47554281
>Protection from colored spells
>Thinks that white, the opposite of black, is considered "colored"
>Somehow I'm the idiot
"Colored" is another word for black, seeing how Emrakul was printed before the civil rights era, the original wording can be pretty confusing.

Wizards, being the racists they are, have refused to errata "colored" to "black." I guess the wording is a little weird, but man it's strange to see people those days think that whites are "coloreds"
>>
When are they going to unban pod? Melira Pod was such a fun deck.
>>
>>47555162
lmaoing at your life
>>
Guys
GUYS
WHAT IF
Narset Transcendent x4
Gideon Jura x4
On U/W control???
>>
>>47555590
Narset is trash and Gideon isn't as good without Twin in the format. What I suggest you try is Azorius Guildmage
>>
>>47554376
Seems kind of premature to be writing her off before EMN is even spoiled. Not that I care, since I bought all my Nahiris when she was 10 dollars. It's always nice to see speculators eating shit, even if it's a favorite card of mine.
>>
>>47554819
"I'm an absolute retard and have no idea how to play magic: the gathering so I'm going to make it seem like I was being a troll all along"
>>
>>47554819
That damage control
>>
>>47550348
>suicide zoo
#triggered
Dont you mean deaths shadow aggro?
>>
>>47554421
I think Visions is a pretty big shitshow in modern atm

The only deck that seems to use it well is Grixis. Hardly justifies the price. It does allow the deck to pretty much insta-win against decks like Jund once it resolves though
>>
>>47555977
I'd love it if decks like Jund started using Courser more to counteract the card advantage of Visions.
>>
>>47555888
REEEEEEEE
>>
>>47555888
>deaths shadow aggro
I'm pretty sure that names like this are Hearthstone's fault. In Hearthstone, every deck's name is [Gimmick] [Class]. It's like people are trying to make deck lists obvious from the name alone.
>>
>>47555888
I remember Channel Fireball tried to call is "Super Crazy Zoo".
>>
>>47556312
I don't see a problem here.
>>
>>47556414
It's very dull.
>>
>>47556423
Because names decks after obscure references is so much better for the community, right.
>>
>>47556463
I don't get it. There's lots of cards that aren't "politically" correct senpai Pam.
>>
>>47553991
Only after faeries does.
>>
>>47553431

no dude im not even playing with you, honest! i seriously am building it. look! honest to goodness. here are the pieces I have so far, and i have a few sideboard as well. piss poor image but it works
>>
>>47550143
I'm drawing a blank here
What were those old-ass lands that produced a shitton of mana when you have all three of them out called? One of them was a forge or something.
>>
>>47558281
The Urza lands. There is Urza's Tower, Urza's Mine, and Urza's Power Plant.
>>
>>47558281
>>47558290
Don't play with them though. Please.
>>
>>47558352
What's wrong with them?
>>
>>47558358

they're really good and people think the deck is for mongoloids because it's straightforward and easy to play.
>>
>>47556292
>Bugs&thugs
#triggered
Don't you mean bg infect?
>>
>>47556463

It's better for the community.

It's not better for random onlookers.

But those people don't play Modern anyways, so who gives a crap? If they wanna play, it's probably not gonna be the 5 minutes of research to find out what the archetypes are that'll make or break it for them. And if it is, well, they probably shouldn't play anyways.
>>
>>47551913
why the worldfire?
>>
>>47559178

it's a win con. spellweaver helix with flame jab + worldfire is an instant win con regardless of life total. if I don't cast it off the bat, I'll get indefinite turns with time stretch until I find it.
>>
So, if I wanted info on buying fakes, where do I go? I'm not too keen on spending outrageous sums on cards.
>>
>>47559023
I refuse to call my decks shit like Uw control. It might make it a little more confusing to the uninitiated, but its a lot more fun when you have all these crazy names.

Even some "conventional" names in modern are pretty meaningless. Affinity runs no affinity cards; why not just call it Robots? Boggles only runs one Boggle, and most people probably don't know what a Boggle is. Doesn't that make more sense.
>>
>>47559866
Villa Zheng
>>
Anyone play Elves in Modern?

I played them in Standard in Origins and they were a blast. The seem extremely explosive in modern and not too expensive either.

Any list suggestions, tips, etc?
>>
>>47560079
Thanks.
>>
>>47560146
dont use chords they suck dick. other than that it's very cheap and it's an awsome deck :D
>>
>>47560337
Oh really? I figured it would be great with like Craterhoof and Shaman of the Pack
>>
File: 1.jpg (3 MB, 3187x1793) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
3 MB, 3187x1793
Ok, the magician cards for the gathering just came in. This is what the chinaman just brought me.
>>
File: 2.jpg (4 MB, 3187x1793) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
4 MB, 3187x1793
>>47560491
>>
>>47560491
Tarmogoyf looks alright, but Fulminator Mage's rules text is typical fake (S a c r i fice). I wouldn't play with Fulminator Mage.

I think I could tell the Tarmogoyf is a fake if I looked closely at the set symbol, but other than that it looks good.
>>
>>47559992
But Affinity still holds onto the idea of the original incarnations: a bunch of artifact stuff that synergizes really well. The only Affinity for Artifacts card they run anymore is Thoughtcast.

And Bogles runs 8 Slippery Bogles. 4 Bogles and 4 Gladecover Scout.

Jund doesn't exclusively run cards that come from Alara, Tron isn't 5 mini lion robots that transform and combine into one super robot. The names have been around for a long time and can tell anyone whos played the game, or spent five minutes looking what the deck does and it's core functions.
>>
>>47560520
Noble Hierarch's textbox is awful, you should NOT play with it in competitive environments. Especially if all four of your Hierarchs are fake.

Liliana looks okay. The name L i l i a n a gives it away though.

And before you say I am nitpicky: I do check unstamped cards during matches. Worst case is I simply tilt them, best case I call them out on their counterfeits.
>>
File: 3.jpg (3 MB, 1793x3188) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
3 MB, 1793x3188
>>47560520

Most noticeably thing is the glossiness, they are like 20% more glossy than normal mtg cards, although entirely just opened cards tend to be kind of this glossy, these ones aren't supposed to be mint condition, so they will require some aging before being able to put them into play confidently.
>>
>>47560570
is it just me or is the print crooked? Looks like it's not straight at the top.
>>
>>47560491
Not bad desu fampai

Though I am the kind of person who does not give an shit about fake cards. I'm playing against ideas, not wallets.
>>
File: 4.jpg (5 MB, 5144x2988) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
5 MB, 5144x2988
>>47560570
Can you tell which one is the fake?

>>47560636
That's just the camera angle. I zoomed a bit to avoid blocking the light.
>>
>>47560672
>Can you tell which one is the fake?

These questions are dumb. I can just grab a few real cards and compare them in bulk on the spot. The fake WILL stand out.
>>
>>47560369
craterhoof is for legacy breh. and you usually just want to win by beating down face.
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/384621#paper

from testing this kind of build is the best.I would put shaman of the pact in still
>>
>>47560520
i own lilianas and m8 those look very good. You won't get caught in play. (DOUBLE SLEEVES)
>>
File: 5.jpg (3 MB, 1793x2391) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
3 MB, 1793x2391
>>47560708
They quite stand out, the glossiness gives it away if you are looking for fakes, but you are supposed to have them double sleeved in the first place so people dont get to see the back of the card.

Also does anyone have some recommendations for aging the cards a bit? I'm just shuffling them around and playing them on random surfaces and randomly damage some edges to reach that SP status.

Also pic related, the hilarious shocklands misprints, i guess these are the only 3 ones that have this error, the rest are perfectly ok.

They are just mere shocklands so even if they look kind of shady, i can't believe someone going out of their way checking a shockland out to see if it's a fake.
>>
>>47559992
>Affinity runs no affinity cards; why not just call it Robots?
Affinity is still called Affinity because it runs many of the cards that were in Standard Affinity. The deck name moved beyond the mechanic.
>>
Got linked to this thread from somewhere, but just wanna comment; really? This shit is still a thing? I played MTG back when Tempest was a new thing, and looking at these new cards here, the game has gone through some regression.
>>
>>47560930
>Also does anyone have some recommendations for aging the cards a bit?

Leave them out in the sun. Riffle shuffling them is probably your best best. Play with them unsleeved on wooden surfaces.
>>
>>47559992
>I refuse to call my decks shit like Uw control. It might make it a little more confusing to the uninitiated, but its a lot more fun when you have all these crazy names.
I agree, also giving decks stupid names adds charm to it. For instance I call my Naya burn deck "Lightning Bolt Tribal"
>>
>>47555977
>>47556009

If Ancestral Vision is prevalent in an area then Jund starts to run Imp's Mischief.
>>
>>47560146

Don't listen to >>47560337 because Chord of Calling is excellent. You can either Chord for a silver bullet answer to a situation(Reclamation Sage, Phyrexian Revoker etc.) with a billion Elves to convoke or Archdruid mana or you can Chord for other wincons like Shaman/Ezuri. Craterhoof is unnecessary(and unreliable) though in Modern Elves since we're not cantripping away with 20-30+ 1 mana Elves with Glimpse of Nature and Gaea's Cradle.

If your area plays heavy amounts of Grafdigger's Cage then you can side in Lead the Stampede for those particular situations. There will be matches where you will side out Chord or CoCo depending on matchups.
>>
>>47561744
its bad fan pam, I didnt want to admit it at first because "muh silver bullet". Ran Reid Duke's list with only 1 chord and 4 Cocos the deck has never ran so smoothly :,D
>>
>>47561815

I've been playing Elves in modern for a long time and as much as Reid Duke is a good player and I know he plays Elves a large amount in Legacy I strongly insist he was playing the wrong colour version of Elves but I know he had a specific gameplan in mind.

The original Modern Gw Elves list was heavily outdated during the Eldrazi menace(which is the deck you listed at the time) though all Elves players in Modern do agree that Gw does tend to have better stronger sideboard answers compared to Gb which heavily relies on the Thoughtseize or Stain the Mind package. In fact Reid Duke LOST in the Elves mirror to the Chord/CoCo version so that tells you something on which list was better, though I can digress that his list was better catered to playing a more aggro orientated route. The Gbw is easily the most well equipped version to handle the current meta due to its ability to play either straight aggro or combo shell. The downside though is that the Gbw version weakens your Burn matchup a little bit in game 1 compared to playing a straight up 2 colour version either Gw or Gb which has very excellent Burn matchups compared to the 3 colour version due to running more Horizon Canopy or Fetch/Shock for a 3 colour mana base.

The advantage that Lead the Stampede lists have over Chord of Calling is that you have a much stronger Jund matchup since you can refill your hand but you have worse answers to other decks like Infect/Affinity/Burn with a lack of a Chordable response.
>>
>>47557567
I know you're serious, and thats why you need to leave.
>>
>>47561111
>>47560535
The point is that the deck doesnt CURRENTLY run any Affinity cards. It might have been based on a deck that run Affinity cards 12 years ago, but isn't that more of a stretch to expect the uninitiated to understand then something like Tin Fins or Strawberry Shortcake
>>
File: people-laughing.jpg (60 KB, 660x387) Image search: [Google]
people-laughing.jpg
60 KB, 660x387
>>47562660
>He doesn't know about Thoughtcast!
>>
>>47562709
So what you're saying is I can call my Zoo Deck "Exalted" and thats fine?
>>
>>47562329
No, cunt, you get out.

This "shitter-with-elitist-complex" mentality is an absolute cancer. This is a children's cardgame with maybe a handful of cemented competitive decks that netdecker "hardcore" kids like yourself contributed nothing towards. I would rather read through varied threads filled with casuals then deal with your tired, regurgitated, pseudo-patracian drivel.
"Hows about that merfolk"
"Oh yeah that affinity eh"
"I run two Kalitas in *my* midrange!" "Well I run three!"

Not only do you contribute nothing, but by hindering the slightest bit of discourse and stiffling it you ~literally~ regress the state of these threads with your anti-contribution.

Eat a bag of dirty cocks.
>>
>>47562760
agree
>>
>>47551913
What is your current sideboard plan? Last I saw of your list, the sideboard was pretty ass. When you do sideboard, what do you take out? I find myself taking out the simians and maybe a glimpse
>>
>>47562329

>he doesn't believe in helix

it's okay. i got more. i'll make it tier.
>>
File: 1463989150145.png (207 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1463989150145.png
207 KB, 400x300
Mfw goblins aren't even on the meta list
>>
>>47559023
Explain how it is better for the community.
>>
>>47561220
Try the legacy thread. Or start one.
>>
>>47551913
>>47562836
>>47562824
Also I'd reccomend some echoing truth, helix folds to leyline of sanctity/void
>>
>>47562660
Just be happy people call it Affinity instead of Artifact Aggro or something lame.
>>
>>47551913
Your deck folds to...

>Grave Hate
>Artifact Hate
>Storm Hate
>Blood Moon
>Aggro
>Itself

Why do you think its good? Because its some super sekrit combo that you think no one came up with before?
>>
>>47563244
>Grave Hate
So does dredge, another popular meme deck in memedern. And it's not like we dont have a huge chunk of our sideboard to fight it
>Artifact Hate
What is artifact recursion with academy ruins and buried ruins
>Storm Hate
No it doesnt?
>Blood Moon
? This deck can win off only red mana
>Aggro
Vengeful pharoah completely shits on creature based aggro
>Itself
Fair point

>Your deck is weak to hate cards! Nice deck faggot!
>>
>>47563327
i'm not him but your deck is literal garbage if you want to play combo build something established if you want to win one game against t1-2 decks
>>
File: bizarroworld.jpg (55 KB, 464x459) Image search: [Google]
bizarroworld.jpg
55 KB, 464x459
>>47563327
>So does dredge, another popular meme deck in memedern.
>>
>>47563327
>exposing yourself as a shitter this hard
>>
>>47562760
Dude you're defending a guy who thinks that Spellweaver Helix is a buildable card.

There is literally always one shitter in these threads that believes their shitbrew is the new meme, and clogs up /tg/ with blurry pictures of increasingly garbage cards. Each time they get violently defensive and spammy when their dumpster fire of a deck starts to light up.

They're like the highlander of terrible players.
>>
Could i run a bunch of mono color basic lands and then replace 4 of them with blood moon to screw everyone over?

Been thinking about getting blood moons for that sole purpose.

also, what is the max # of damnations that you would ever want to run in a single deck, i was thinking like 1-2.
>>
File: [blood moon intensifies].jpg (124 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
[blood moon intensifies].jpg
124 KB, 300x900
>>47553244
>technology for beating eldrazi while remaining potent against real decks.
how are u gonna play moon in mono-white?
>>
>>47563722
What's wrong with lowtier decks? Do you not like having fun?
If someone wants to take thrumming stone rats to fnm, why lynch the guy?

He's not proclaiming it to be Christ's golden nuggets. Fringe combo decks are fun to brew, and they're fun to show off, and most importantly they're fun to try and win with.
I've jammed a turn 5 Battle of Wits online, it was magical. Compiling a few hundred esper control cards was interesting and fun. Is the 4/250 chance of drawing Battle worth filling the deck with innumerable redundancies? No, and nobody will ever claim otherwise, but it's goddamn FUN.

Shame on you all. If somebody thinks PilaPala is neato, let him build it, don't berate them.
>>
>>47563894
wouldn't have to take out lands, i'm autistic, nvm that would never work, fuck lol.
>>
>>47554590
Toss in liquid metal coating. Turn creatures or lands or whatever the fuck into artifacts. Blast them with cheap artifact hate. Saw a guy doing this last fnm and he took everybody by surprise.
>>
>>47563902
It's called splashing red for Imperial recruiter and magus of the moon
>>
>>47560557
Unstamped?
>>
File: 20160601_214406.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160601_214406.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>47560491
>>47560491
Got mine yesterday too. Look good as long as you don't play 2 real snaps with 2 fake. Goyfs way too dark though, should have tried the MM ones. Lilianas look good though.
>>
File: 20160601_214619.jpg (4 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
20160601_214619.jpg
4 MB, 3024x4032
>>47565871
Left are real
>>
>>47554527
perhaps playing lantern, but the deck has better mill effects.
>>
>>47565871
>>47565913
My Goyfs and Snapcasters that I ordered about a year ago look like that.

I can't exactly pinpoint what is wrong about them. It must be the text spacing.
>>
>>47563965
>is neato, let him build it, don't berate them
I know what when we berate people we do it out of a sense of hatred and viciousness.

But consider a tertiary effect of insulting someone's obviously shit idea. If they actually listen to the good advice they won't have to find out for themselves that it's a shit idea.

So what is worse, getting fucking told on the Internet and not stepping in shit; or learning that you ignored that venom spattered post only to discover for yourself that you spent all that money and time only to learn that it was correct albeit impolite.

The reason why I observe it that way is because the last thing Magic needs is people telling other people that shit is gold. Because that's where the hype comes from. And the hype is why when a card spikes for no good fucking reason besides one player getting to the top of one tournament and that card's price jumps to astronomical levels and never comes back down. Or when people tell new players to buy utter dogshit product like Intro Decks or Deckbuilder Toolkits. Wizards will continue printing crap like that so long as people keep buying it.
>>
>>47553244
>technology for beating eldrazi while remaining potent against real decks.
Path/Smiter?
>>
>>47565975
Snaps look good except for the darkness. I think my camera was focused on the real cards because the P/T on the fakes looks just as crisp as a real card to my naked eye. Looks blurry in the pic though.
>>
>>47565913
>>47565871
>>47560930
>>47560570
>>47560672
>>47560520
>>47560491

For any investment fags lurking, Just be aware that they are getting closer and closer to perfecting the cards now.

Sure they aren't 100% passable, and they always fail some kind of test.

But just look at how close it is coming, without the real cards to compare them too, most are pretty convincing given some measures to make them aged.

The market cannot hold with 100$ + goyfs and other rediculous prices.
There will be a time when the people doing this will have everything correct including the light and rip tests and they will absolutely flood the market.
Players WILL buy them, because who the fuck is going to want to pay 5000$ for a modern deck in the future?
>>
>>47566150
I tried some of the tests with what I got. They pass the bend test no problem, light test is meh, the pattern and brightness looks good throughout the card, but the light doesn't have that blue tint to it that real cards have. Rip test looks good, the core paper is black, but looks similar to a real card's core since you can usually only see the edge of the core paper.

If they just could get blue core paper, then the light and rip tests would probably be close to perfect. Any other tests I should try with some of the throw-ins he put in?
>>
>>47565625
M15+ rares have stamps. Unstamped rare are everything prior.

To be fair, I only check the big money cards. You can play with fake shocks all you want.
>>
>>47562720
Why are YOU calling it Zoo? It barely runs any big animals anymore.
>>
Is anyone else getting really fucking tired of these counterfeits/fakes related posts. It's not me being a moralfag about using fakes n shit, I don't give much of a fuck.
What is annoying the shit out of me is that they keep clogging up the thread with their garbage, "Hey goise! where can I get deez fakes?" "Heres a cumparrison, they lookz so real!1!!" "*insert shit about how wizards are jews and cards are expensive and how they are sending a message to them as they tip their fedoras and roll their eyes.*"
>>
File: 1436323421355.jpg (4 KB, 202x184) Image search: [Google]
1436323421355.jpg
4 KB, 202x184
>>47565543
thats dank as fuck, man. i was just going to suggest running displacer with wall of omens and island sanctuary so the fucker can't actually attack you.
>>
>>47566586
I dunno. I like to pick fights with them sometimes, seeing how they're paying money for truly worthless cardboard.

But I get what you're saying.
>>
Working on a shitty brew using Erayo and Curse of Exhaustion to lock opponents out of playing spells. Any constructive comments would be appreciated, I mostly play EDH, so modern is new ground for me. My biggest problem is dealing with instant speed removal, especially abrupt decays. I'm up to 4 remand and 3 meddling mages, but I'm not sure it's enough.
>>
>>47555888
IT'S ZOOICIDE OR IT'S NOTHING
>>
>>47566753
Fuck me, forgot the link, berate me at will.

Here: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/erayo-lockdown-3/
>>
>>47566753
>>47566892
how do you beat any deck that tries to kill you
>>
>>47566945
Goldfishing I can generally flip Erayo turn 3, turn 2 with a good hand, hopefully slowing them down significantly. Mainboard paths, and venser help deal with threats they've already resolved, and remand works pretty well before I can resolve a Curse. Ghost Quarter's are there for manlands.

Like I said before I'm not familiar with modern, so I'm not sure if that's enough, but post boarding I've got Hurkyl's Recalls for Affinity and pyroclasm as a catch all for aggro decks. Now that I think about it though I'm not sure pyroclasm is enough to deal with decks like zoo.
>>
>>47567104
I don't see how you beat path, or bolt, or countermagic, or abrupt decay

You almost for sure want some amount of spellskite main
>>
>>47567162
Spellskite! Thanks, I felt it was really weak to aggro and removal and skite helps with both.
>>
Ho guya, I've been in Africa for a whole fucking year. Now I am back and see Infect is tier 1 now.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>47552921
"Its a meme format" is a meme.
>>
>>47566068
Ikr, Idk why people get so defensive about their shitbrew and act like the thread is personally attacking them. This is an anonymous image board, the entire point is to give your unfiltered opinion.

I know people in real life who spend a bunch of money to build a shitbrew only to find out it doesn't compete with the tier 1. They (reasonably) get upset and salty and call the format pay to win and full of "netdeckers" whatever the fuck that means. Like this format is really fun to play and compete in and even brew in when you know what you're doing, but I can't stand people like that because they shit all over the format because of their own ignorance of its rules.
>>
>>47567302
Twin and bloom are gone, become immense is really good.
>>
File: toad7.jpg (61 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
toad7.jpg
61 KB, 620x387
>>47550143
>Playing?
W/G/B Gitrog deck
>Brewing?
R/G/B Gitrog deck
>Next MTG Purchase?
Chaos Orb, because well, I don't know... Chaos Orb though!
>>
>>47567346
Instead of being salty maybe those people should start criticizing Wizards for printing complete dogshit cards.

And it's not that they're designing bad cards. They're just setting terrible overcosted mana. There are probably hundreds of useless fucking Enchantments and Artifacts that could be Modern playable if they knocked 3-4 mana off the cost.

Not everything has to be Aether Vial or Birthing Pod. But you can't name more than a dozen or so build-around cards that are playable in Modern like that.
>>
>>47565913
>>47565871

I don't know if it's the lighting but these fakes look terrible in these pictures. Like "so bad i could identify them across a room" bad.
>>
>>47567978
There is no way you can tell they're fake sitting across the table from them.

If you're spending all your time during a game looking for the legitimacy in someone's cards you've got a problem man.
>>
>>47567843
In general, each recent set has given us about 1 interesting card. Some of these cards (Dig, Cruise) have been clearly too good, but some of them (Young Pyromancer, monastery mentor, tasigur, Thing in the Ice) are on the cusp of being good and a couple cards that are good (Kalitas, Thought Knot). If every card was perfectly balanced, sure all tournament playable cards would be cool. But that's how power creep happens.
>>
>>47568066
The last thing we need are just flagrantly better creatures one-upping each other.

And cards like Dig and Cruise are just flagrantly better draw spells no different if they printed 4-damage for R.

I'm talking about cards like Aether Vial and Birthing Pod that make a deck happen. Or a card like Open the Vaults.

Every set we have dozens of potentially good cards that are hampered by their terrible mana costs. The only thing Wizards is interested in making efficient are creatures and I don't give a fuck about those especially in Modern.
>>
As someone pretty new to MTG, why do people seem to have so much disdain for Blue decks?
>>
>>47568120
Blue is the best color. That's an objective fact. Blue does one thing better than the other colors and that's draw cards. And drawing cards are ultimately the most powerful thing you can do in Magic.

The funny thing is that the people who hate blue don't hate blue for drawing cards. They hate it for other reasons like countermagic. Or they hate blue for powerful spells haven't been reprinted for decades if ever.

Hating a color makes you sound like a fucking retard; it's like saying you hate food or hating life - it's not specific.
>>
>>47568120
It's not so much blue as a color that people don't like, but the playstyle of a lot of decks that run it. That is: play very passively, counter and remove everything, rev for 15. Decks like miracles and America control which sucks by the way. I don't mind playing against decks like those, but I sure as shit don't play them.
>>
> make casual brains and rise from tides deck
> 3 player ffa game
> managed to control board long enough that everyone's getting to see most of their deck
> manage to steal a griselbrand at 2 life
> use him to survive long enough to play 2x rise from tides when at ten cards left in a 75 card deck
> pull 51 zombies and counter someone's board removal
> play new jaces emblem
I know this is modern but I had to post my blog somewhere. Every one was staying just threatening enough that I didn't get focused.

Craziest game I've ever played.
>>
>>47567346
>once played against a guy who told me before the game that he was a creative brewer
>tells me about the Grixis Burn deck he brewed up that he is playing that day
>whats blue doing in a burn deck
>its for support
>He didnt even know what Eidolon of the Great Revel was
>Deck was running at lest 10 fetches and a full playset of guides
>Had to cost at least $600
I proceeded to steamroll his ass with my budget $200 mono red burn deck.
>>
>>47568120
In addition to what has already been said, blue is associated with passive control decks - preventing the opponent from doing anything and killing them dozens of turns after establishing control.

So imagine you're playing and you get that feeling there's no hope - it happens every time before you lose. Except with a control deck, you don't lose immediately, instead, the other player is slapping their dick across your face and prolonging that feeling for several turns if you don't concede. I know this because I've done it to people.

That's why people feel that way about blue.
>>
File: ifired-Traumatize.jpg (42 KB, 239x344) Image search: [Google]
ifired-Traumatize.jpg
42 KB, 239x344
>>47568120
>>
>>47568293
As someone who defaults to control decks, I don't understand why people don't scoop when it's obvious that they are locked out. Neither one of us wants to sit here while I wail on you with a 2/2, but hey it's a win.
>>
>>47568398
The reason why people don't scoop is because they're ignorant and/or retarded.

If they're ignorant they simply don't know what your deck is doing so they want to see. This is fine, they want to see to learn or know what to sideboard against; nothing wrong with learning something although it is a lot easier if you just concede and ask later.

If they're retarded they just are too stupid to know they lost. They're holding out to some scrap of idiotic hope. Or they're just making you waste your time because "troll'd you". Or worse, they just don't know they're wasting their own time.
>>
>>47568119
This is kind of false. I can count like a dozen cards in recent sets that created new competitive archetypes out of midair in modern.

>Temur Battle Rage for Suicide Zoo
>Siege Rhino in Abzan
>Nahiri in Jeskai
>Slowlands in TitanShift
>Collected Company in tons of stuff
>OGW Eldrazi
>BTL in Scapeshift

Alot of these archetypes already existed, but became contenders thanks to new cards. I think you just have a very narrow view of what makes an archetype defining card as "artifact based acceleration".

There have to be weak cards or there are no good cards. If everything was good, than there would still be a few cards that rise to the top of competitiveness. See yugioh's power creep, every set is a new broken archetype that pushes out several older ones.
>>
>>47568464
Aggro decks can afford to waste time though.
>>
>>47568518
Wasting time still falls under being "retarded". There are exceptions like being at a competitive event and you want to grind a player down to time. But if you're at FNM or the kitchen table or even practicing for a competitive event, where like 99% of Magic is being played and are and wasting someone's time, including your own, grinding down a game where you have no hope, it makes you irrefutably retarded.
>>
>>47568398

To be fair sometimes people don't even know they're actually locked out. e.g My first time playing against Seasons Past I realised I had actually lost about 6 turns ago and was locked out.

On the other hand sometimes there's a notable out that the person might have.
>>
All these faggots posting about elves yet none of you know shit about em. I'll post my deck tomorrow. Got both mono green elves, and black green
>>
File: 1370817459363.png (5 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
1370817459363.png
5 KB, 377x326
Post your all foil decks.
>>
Any of you guys have experience playing any of the MTG games on steam?

Which would you say is worth the $10 or so bucks the most?
>>
>>47561221
why would anyone want to damage there cards even if they are fake?

No trying to be a jerk, just asking because I am legitimately puzzled.
>>
>>47569314
Visible signs of age and use make them more convincing.
>>
>>47566068
>utter dogshit
>Intro Decks or Deckbuilder Toolkits
I decided to get back into MTG recently because I had $20 left on a giftcard from Christmas and bought a deckbuilder toolkit

I liked it so much i went to Amazon to buy some boosters and saw that the deckbuilder cost the same as 4 booster packs

I buy a second deckbuilder for the booster packs and get two innistrad planeswalkers
>>
>>47568120
everything everyone else said, and I think generally the ability to cast spells and shit turns you into a dick?
I mean, D&D players talk about how insufferable spellcasters and wizards are
>>
File: wrap.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
wrap.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
>>47569359
but how though? I sleeve my cards as soon as possible and never play them without sleeves
>>
>>47569146
why would anyone do that

except for that nip who had foiled out jund
>>
>>47569443
Look if a guy shows up to legacy night with dual lands that look fresh out the booster fresh I'm going to be suspicious as hell and inspect them further. It might matter less for modern staples but when you see a little wear and tear you think "gee this probably came out of a booster a few years ago and definitely not from a chinaman's printer three months ago"
>>
>>47569443
if you aren't known to spend a lot of money on cards people will see a heavily played card as something they got a good deal on instead of a pristine set of goyfs all at once

It can also mask some of the signs that a card is fake, like the gloss or feel of the surface.
>>
>>47569513
>>47569514
I see your point now, thanks for the info
>>
is it viable to use other coloured fetches (white/green, green/red) if I can't get the zendikar fetches (blue/red, red/white) before a tournament I need them for
>>
>>47571746

Yes, just might be a little bit more painful but you can do it.
>>
>>47555590

If you want to use Narset play the time walks deck
>>
>>47550186
what is shotgun?
>>
>>47550143
Does playing legacy dredge and modern 8-rack make me a bad person?
>>
>>47572190
And also building a Zedruu commander deck, would like some help with it!
>>
>>47560491
>>47560520
Where did you acquire them?
aliexpress or villa?
>>
>>47572088
bad suicide zoo. Seriously. There is no reason to play that deck over zoo. It's not even that much cheaper
>>
>>47560930
I do this for my legacy fakes:

Look up an old beat up card for reference if you need to.

I take a nail file to the top and bottom left corners and top right corner, and lightly drag it around the sides. The bottom right corner should only get damaged if you're shuffling with the deck 'upside down', i.e. with Magic/deckmaster facing away from you.

I then take two cards and literally just rub their backs together, one pressed against my three middle fingers, up and down. That way, if someone wants to see your card, and take it out of your outer sleeve, you will also have the requisite wear on the back. It really does look like an old busted up card at that point.

The last thing I can recommend to do is, because we've rubbed off some of the chinaman ink to reveal pristine white cardstock, and we're trying to make it look old, is to take a black pen (like a uniball, not ball-point) and use it on your index finger and thumb to build up some ink. Then rub those fingers together and repeat until they're pretty schmutz'ed up, and rub them along the side of the cards and on the corners. This will make it look more like gross gamestore hands have been fondling the cards for many years.

Hope this is of use.
>>
File: IMG_1007.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1007.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Following up on my post
>>47572505

Here's a chinaman Karakas:

Double Sleeved
>>
File: IMG_1003.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1003.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
inner sleeve front
>>
>>47572505
When you put so much effort in creating convincing fakes, I'm wondering if you're not just better off spending that hour working honest work and buying honest cards.
>>
File: IMG_1004.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1004.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
inner sleeve back

>>47572610
It's like 15 mins per 2 cards.
>>
File: IMG_1005.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1005.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
no sleeve front
>>
File: IMG_1006.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1006.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
no sleeve back
>>
>>47572008

You mean Taking Turns? She's not really good there and forces you to splash white, J C Bellend is the only nigga you need.
>>
>>47569443

Most of the older cards are really worn because, in the past at tournaments, sleeves weren't allowed to be used because of the reflection in the cameras. You wouldn't be able to see the cards.

So, unless you're cracking new packs and getting those cards (unlikely), odds are if they look mint, they're fake.
>>
>scapeshift
>t1
What happened
>>
>>47573324
Bring to light was a boon for the deck. Before it would lose to itself by never drawing scapeshift. Now that's much less likely to happen.
>>
>>47573246
also playing unsleeved eventually destroys the card, which is good for ''''''''''collectors''''''''''
>>
Whats a good budget deck for getting into modern? I not expecting to win a lot with the deck, just something to get me playing while I save up for other decks.
>>
File: ss (2016-06-02 at 11.10.36).png (35 KB, 729x277) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-06-02 at 11.10.36).png
35 KB, 729x277
>>47574604
You will win even if you don't want to.
>>
>>47574668
Are swiftspears that pricey? They're better than guides.

18-19 mountains

Magma jet sucks imo

1 Ball Lightning is amazing

Flames of the Bloodhand are weak imo

Seering Blood is nice as an extra copy of Blaze in a creature heavy local meta

If you go budget, Thunderous Wrath is a nice 1 of to cheese wins
>>
>>47574604
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-elves-26409#paper

>reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/43gbzd/100_budget_modern_decks/
>>
>>47574855
It's like the most absolute budget burn list. Obviously can be tuned up with some still relatively cheap enhancements.
>>
>>47572610
few hours of work and like 100$ vs 1500$

hmmmmmm.

obvious choice is obvious.

if you spend 1500$ on a magic, deck, you are fucking retarded.
>>
Am I stupid for wanting to draw first in Jund mirrors?
>>
>>47575280
Yes, absolutely. Going second, regardless of other factors, reduces your chance of victory by between 5 and 10%, iirc.
>>
>>47575387
Not necessarily, although usually true.

I used to believe that in the Burn mirror, the dice roll determines the win, but now I honestly don't mind being on the draw. If you can answer threats without taking a lot of damage (1 from swiftspear, 2+draw from guide) you can have them run out of gas before you do. Also, searing blaze on an eidolon is a net profit for the blazer; 2 damage and a card vs 3 damage and a card.
Going first has a lot of advantage, but if you play the mirror a lot you learn to play around the fact that you're up a card.
>>
File: cum-guzzling dumpster slut.jpg (44 KB, 338x598) Image search: [Google]
cum-guzzling dumpster slut.jpg
44 KB, 338x598
I usually play Jund and KCI Eggs but I'm looking for something different. Anyone have some suggestions for non-aggro decks that are fun and somewhat off-the-radar?

Bonus points if I get to run Swan Song.
>>
>>47575557
Spellweaver Helix :^)
>>
>>47568022
I don't and most fakes I've seen have been difficult to distinguish when double sleeved and across the table, but these specific ones are incredibly obvious, the text on half of them is pretty t y p i c a l of shitty gook fakes.
>>
>>47574668
I have a modern event at LGS where top prize is a foil snapcaster coming up
might buy this list and then go rekt shrekt erekt.
>>
>playing merfolk
>give opponent opportunity to respond to vial every time
>some blue moon player bitches about me wasting time
>"sorry man I gotta give you priority"
>tap vial
>"yeahyeah ok"
>put lord into play
>"OH WAIT in response electrolyze"
>refuse
>opponent throws a hissyfit, picks up his cards and walks off

every fucking time
>>
>>47575039
Or someone who has the money to spend and would like their cards to hold actual value.
>>
>>47575724
Newfag here

Whaatt are you responding to? Vials effect? Or doing it at beggining of end step?
>>
>>47575871
When you tap vial, the ability is queued up. They don't have to show you what creature is queued up with it, but the ability is now on the stack. You can respond with terminate or electrolyze or whatever, then when those resolve the vial effect takes place, which reads "you may put a creature into play".
Basically you have a window to react to whatever is being cast, but unlike casting a creature from your hand, you don't know what it could be.

It also says 'may', so you don't even have to play a creature
>>
>>47575871
basically what >>47576014 said

So what happens a lot (to me at least) is that people ok your vial trigger and then want to respond once they see your creature
>>
>>47576268

That would really mess with people's heads who don't understand how priority works.

I would hate to argue that point with every 4th/5th player I sit across from.
>>
>>47576900

Funny thing about rules with "may" abilities is that the ability goes on the stack and targets(if any) are chosen. Then you decide if you wish to execute the ability or not.

This lead to some really interesting interactions in Magic Origins draft with Willbreaker and Throwing Knife. You attacked with equipped creature, choose a target for throwing knife, Willbreaker ability happens and triggers since a target was chosen. Now you choose to not sacrifice Throwing Knife and retain the power bonus on the equipped creature from Throwing Knife.
>>
>>47576900
just teach people how it works, or if you have a judge available, have the judge explain it to them. The first time I met the scapeshift combo, I had no clue how I lost. Having someone explain the mechanics probably makes the game a lot more enjoyable when you lose to interactions.
>>
File: 1355764856650.jpg (45 KB, 300x321) Image search: [Google]
1355764856650.jpg
45 KB, 300x321
>opponent topdecks Scapeshift the turn before you kill them
>>
File: 4574745754744564576575765754.png (1 MB, 2208x523) Image search: [Google]
4574745754744564576575765754.png
1 MB, 2208x523
Would these cards help to make control viable in modern again?
>>
>>47550186
>ad nauseam almost tier 1
So how am I supposed to win the mirror match?
>>
>>47578612
Custom card discussion goes in their own thread. We are discussing real games here.
>>
>>47578612
fuck off
>>
>>47578612
These are the worst OCS I have ever seen. Never post that shit again please.
>>
>>47578612
>if you control the least number of creatures among your opponents
what
>>
>>47578612

So I can occasionally understand people having problems with the nuances in MTG verbiage.... But this shit is just bad english.

Stop making custom cards if you don't know fucking understand english.
>>
>>47578649
This
>>47578612
I really love how you think your shitty custom cards are the answer. When we already have cards that exist to make control better. They just arnt legal or banned.
>>
File: 1462829598815.jpg (86 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
1462829598815.jpg
86 KB, 480x479
>>47560491
>>47560520
Glad to see the stoneman fakes are still easy to spot from miles away.
>>
File: 60989078978968976789.png (2 MB, 1122x1002) Image search: [Google]
60989078978968976789.png
2 MB, 1122x1002
What would happen if modern banned the modern staple of each color (and artifacts) and replaced them with these?
>>
>yfw become immense/mutagenic/glistener elf banned next modern pro tour
>>
>>47579943
I'm surprised all delve cards haven't been banned at this point
>>
>>47579943
>next modern pro tour
>>
>>47579943
>next modern pro tour

O-oh.. anon..
>>
>>47578244
Kill them faster you fag.
>>
>>47579834

None of those cards would be played, that's for sure

Also I would quit magic because they obviously started hiring literal retards to design the cards
>>
>>47579943

What if just become immense was banned?

Would infect still be viable?

It would certainly take away its bullshit turn 2 wins out of nowhere
>>
>>47580354
the turn 2 kill generally doesn't involve become immense. it's t1 elf t2 might/groundswell (x2) + mutagenic growth.
>>
>>47575724
>tap vial
>punch opponent's face
>wtf man ??
>u little piece of tricky shit
>call judge
>get DQ

Everytime.
>>
>>47579834
You're obviously baiting so I won't even bother to call you a retard or a fag.

Can you post your tripcode so I can filter you?
>>
>>47571746
Run whichever fetches will find most of your manabase. I play Naya burn so as long as I can fetch for a red source I'm good, but seeing as you need tarns and mesas, I'm gonna guess you are playing jeskai? What does your mana base look like right now? Flooded strands should do you good assuming my guess is on target.
>>
>>47580354
You very very rarely have enough cards to delve away to make Become Immense cost one or two. If it was banned, Infect would probably be tier 2 again. Tbh, inkmoth has a better chance of getting banned over Become immense.
>>
>>47581297
inkmoth ban makes the most sense imo

slows affinity down too, which could use a little nerf since its got the Twin "problem" of having always been a T1 deck.
>>
>>47574604
Play Burn
Burn is best

Alternatively play Soul Sisters, assuming you can remember to trigger yourself.
>>
>>47574668
>4 shard volley
No
Get this trash out of here
Never come back to this thread
No
>>
>>47581352
>Hating on Shard Volley

Theres no greater feeling than resolving 4 Bolts/Rifts and when your opponent taps out to try out something finally, you just reveal your 3 shard volleys in hand and they just scoop it out.

Shard Volleys are legit, excellent finishers, they are another 4 Lightning bolts and they make good use of any extra lands if you flood out.

Also they are really good for budget builds.
>>
>>47562824

when I SB i usually take out a glimpse, maybe a hedron crab, and maybe a faithless looting or a serum visions. it's all really mix and match and really has no reason in particular. note that right now I finished the board IRL and I have a couple substitutions (glimpses are too expensive so im going with breaking//entering, im going 4 of because of a lack of a third serum visions and ease of availability)

i also subbed out a few time warps in place of most of the time stretches because my buddy had a couple i could borrow.

and i dont know what the rest of my SB plan is but I run spell snares for general usefulness against scavenging oozes RIPs and other great cards, a dismember covers lots of creatures, a dispel covers kommand and whatever other instant removal they'll have, basically just trying to cover the bases with wide answers to any answers to the deck. note that ravens crime covers a lot of them anyways but you need to get things into the grave safely. by the way if anyone wants to try and suggest for the sideboard i am totally open to suggestions. im just making guesses as to good SB cards
>>
>>47581422
I would literally rather slit my wrists than play 4 volley. 1 or 2 is perfect, if you runthem at all. If you want more bolts, splash B for in the Night.
>>
>>47563612
>>47563327

this is not even me lmao it's just a different dude that actually sees the strengths of the deck
>>
>>47562824

i'm also considering a stony silence for the SB right now because it covers both affinity as well as relic
>>
>>47581422
Surely it's meant as a finisher, but Fireblast it ain't. And it's not like that list deals close to the same damage as legacy burn. They'll rot in your hand most of the time. You're running only 18 lands and most spells are 2 cmc, it will take a few turns for it to deal the intended finishing blow, and you can't use it before that since you're only running 18 fucking lands.
As said here >>47581473 if you ever consider running Shard Volley, 1 or 2 is the ideal number.
>>
>>47581422
Shard volley is bad because it basically says "Please remand me and fuck my asshole."
There are enough good burn cards in modern that you should at no point ever need to run shard volley. Fuck I would rather run Lightning Strike, Searing Spear or Browbeat over Shard Volley
BROWBEAT
>>
Guys what about a Burn list that main decks Blood moons, how would it look? Basically the same, add 2 more lands, remove 4 burns and stick the Blood Moons and hate everyone?
>>
>>47581136
You cant just bolt it when it comes down?
>>
>>47574668
>running Searing Blaze without fetches
Completely butchering the card's potential. Use Searing Blood if you're going fetchless.
>>
>>47581616
if it doesn't deal damage, it doesn't belong in burn.
>>
File: mark.jpg (5 KB, 160x244) Image search: [Google]
mark.jpg
5 KB, 160x244
>>47566586

Don't worry, the posts will stop as soon as WotC addresses the problem of Magic being unreasonably expensive by any sane standard. Any day now.
>>
>>47563355
>>47563355

i'm not him either but im the guy who actually built it and i win games against t1-2 decks all the time

>wins before scapeshift
>have beaten infect with flame jab
>taken games off tron, not sets
>beaten jeskai control
>jund is hard because of scooze but playable
>burn depends on if you start with ravens crime

i could do this for most of the matchups ive played but like the deck really isn't as bad as everyone wants to shit on it for. being able to take games and sometimes matches off of top tier decks is good enough for me (and being able to definitively beat other decks). and it's fun.
>>
>>47581695
It deals psychological damage. Being denied your lands on turn 3 is disgusting.

Now, add 4 Simian Spirit guide and you have a good chance of Turn 1/2 Blood Moon which makes the opponent scoop instantly.
>>
>>47581703

Back to 40 card decks in constructed, with Duels 4-3-2-1 rarity limits in effect. Prices of top tier decks would fall to a tenth of what they're now, with no increase in power level. Problem solved.
>>
>>47581795
Game is now called Magic-Oh! Konami is the lead developer.
>>
>>47581763
and the times you don't drop the turn 1/2 blood moon you might aswell scoop instantly too.
>>
>>47581822
High Risk and High Reward.

Now, if the opponent is playing Burn too and you drop your Turn 1 Blood Moon then you scoop so its more risk than reward.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.