[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dropzone Commander
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: IMG2_UCM_force_1024x1024.jpg (212 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG2_UCM_force_1024x1024.jpg
212 KB, 960x640
Does anybody play this game? I don't think I've seen a DzC general thread in literally ever. I was thinking of trying to convince someone to go in on a 2-player starter box or something.
>>
Not a big fan of those tank and ship designs but those APCs are 10/10
>>
>>47533438
You haven't been looking too hard then. Both Dropzone and Dropfleet have had threads in the past few months. I was pretty hype about Dropzone when it first came out but then the miniatures were the price of GW minis and I said nah.
>>
>>47533452
Yeah, I was thinking of going for these guys if I actually got into it
>>
>>47533467
Really? It looks a bit cheaper, though I guess it's kinda hard to tell with the difference in scale.
>>
>>47533594
The resin stuff is a bit pricey, but the new plastics are cheaper if less detailed.
>>
There have been generals before. It kind of comes and goes. The fan base just isn't quite large enough for regular threads. When the Dropfleet Kickstarter was going on (late 2015) there were lots of threads and hype.

I think once DF comes out this summer it and the older DZ will have another resurgence in popularity.
>>
>>47533761
Has there been any word on some sort of interplay between DfC and DzC? Could make for some amusing campaigns.
>>
File: neat-spiderman.gif (89 KB, 300x243) Image search: [Google]
neat-spiderman.gif
89 KB, 300x243
>>47533792
>- A framework for linking games of Dropfleet and Dropzone will be present in the rulebook,
opening up many exciting possibilities for campaigns and narrative settings
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0159/4298/files/HWG_Newsletter_40_-_salute_2015.pdf?5510651607815006605
>>
>>47533452
>Not a big fan of those tank designs
This, I can't get over those pivot arm turrets.
>>
>>47536624
I dunno, the more I look at them, the more they grow on me.
>>
>>47536780
That was the case for me with the Shaltari.
>>
>>47536624

Aren't they based on old proposed Cold War designs?

I mean in those instances the periscope had an ATGM launcher on the end, but otherwise the same.
>>
>>47533438

Threads pop up every now and then. It is a pretty great game. Solid ruleset and is probably the most balanced one I have ever seen. It has some problems like any other game, but on the whole it is awesome.

You can expect to spend around 120-150 USD for a standard game size army with some room to spare. You can buy a cheap terrain box from Hawk and then you are good to go.

Also Hawk is a pretty great company that engages their costumers, runs events with them, and has some great costumer service. As a result their community is pretty awesome.

The fluff is cool, but nothing to special yet. Human race in early days of become thanks to the help of space hedgehogs (who are secretly cocks). A space ball shows up tells the humans they are going to die and to leave. Like 1% does and the rest get their shit wrecked by alien jellyfish that take over peoples bodies. Only the shitty outer colonies survive. Game kicks off 150 years later with the outer colonies having spent those years building up their military into the colonial marines from aliens about to kick of reconquest of earth space. 1% people who ran come back as cyber enchanced and say don't do it, but UCM says fuck they were are going.

Factions are:

UCM - Space Colonial Marines

Scourge - Space Jellyfish Bodysnatchers

Shaltari - High Tech Space Hedgehogs seperated into warring tribes

Post Human Republic - Space Deus Ex guys let by Space Ball: They don't seem to be helping UCM and just do what they want, which includes sometimes being a dick to the UCM.

Resistance: Mad Max style left overs of Human Race on core planets

Negatives include:

Pricey - Resin is expensive, but you don't need to buy that much stuff.

Forums are slow. You can sign up on there and it will be like 2 weeks before you hear back.

There aren't as many players so finding games can be tough sometimes unless you have a nerd crew already.

Some of the early sculpts aren't so great.
>>
>>47538766

It is also worth noting in the negatives spot that some of the plastic stuff just doesn't look that great.
>>
>>47538658
>>47536624

I don't get how people can be so upset over what is a really cool & practical design. The UCM tanks are my favorite sci-fi tank.

Do all tanks have to look like something you've seen before?
>>
>>47540879

>Put weapon on arm so it can fire while hidden
>Place cameras and sensors on hull

Also, where does the ammo feed come from?

I also don't like the fluff of one crew member. You'd want a driver and a gunner in ANY situation to be more effective.
>>
File: Scourge.png (777 KB, 602x594) Image search: [Google]
Scourge.png
777 KB, 602x594
>>47533438

I bought the 2-player starter set, am looking forward to finishing painting them up and playing some games.

That being said, no one around where I live seems to play/be interested. It's all X-Wing and Warmachine. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>47540906
Yeah, the Post-Human units at least have an AI co-pilot to help coordinate movement and targeting
>>
>>47538658
>>47536624

I don't get how people can be so upset over what is a really cool & practical design. The UCM tanks are my favorite sci-fi tank.

Do all tanks have to look like something you've seen before?
>>
>>47540879
>>47540946

You just posted this.
>>
>>47540906
It drops down to reload after every third shot?

>>47538766
I like that the fluff for the time between the first release and Reconquest v1.1 as taking place over less than a year in-game. It's much more compelling than 'endless war, nothing ever changes'. Tactics and technology are changing every month as the war rages, and the war feels like it will have a definite story.
>>
>>47540906

While I agree the optic thing is a little silly, you could make the argument that the UCM is future military designed to fight networked together. Other assets work together to help provide targeting data so you don't always need to see what you are shooting at.

Ammo is supposed to be flat disc shapped projectiles around the size of a melon. They are just stacked in between the heat sync.

The one person crew thing isn't that big of a deal. Again its the future, most of the vehicle is computer controlled. That isn't that far fetched, most jets are single seat now eliminating the old back seat weapons officer position. In a future where equipment is common and personnel scarce this is a logical solution.

However, it all really go with how far much you want to drink the Kool-Aid on the its is the future that is why fluff. I dig it, but I can see why some might not.

>>47540924

They are supposed to be finishes off an App soon. It was pitched as a gaming aid and one of the features was a player finder that helps you find other players. We will see what happens. Dropfleet is slated to arrive at the end of the month so I bet they are pretty swamped.
>>
>>47540991

I agree and I think it has a lot of potential. Problem is that it is still in its infancy stage. We don't know much about the other races at all yet. And not much has been really revealed. There is still plenty of time to drive it into the toilet.

Still I am hopeful. I am enjoying it so far and I like the themes and writing (minus the glaring errors)
>>
>>47541087
App? DfC at the end of the month?
Source?
>>
>>47541087

>most jets are single seat now eliminating the old back seat weapons officer position.

Yeah, but when you are zipping around in the air there are a lot less obstacles like walls and trees directly in front of you.

That being said, I just get over it by pretending it has a 2-man crew.
>>
>>47540946
>cool & practical design
That's the first time I've ever heard that used in conjunction with DZC.

The general consensus is the game is decent but the models are shit. SHIT.
>>
>>47544583
Really? Most people I've shown DZC to have thought the models looked cool, if a bit weird and art deco.
>>
>>47540991
>>47540906
From the manual:
>'[The Avenger Railgun] is the UCM's premier anti-armour, kinetic energy weapon. When fired, a disc shaped, melon sized projectile is magnetically accelerated to blistering speed.'

Given the flattened shape this suggests, I imagine the silvery shape to the rear of the weapon represents some sort of auto-reloading magazine, with a number of projectiles stored within.
>>
>>47544583
>The general consensus
>>
>>47544733
He's lying.

There's two really recognizable guys that come into every DZ/FC thread to whine about the models being badly proportioned or overdesigned.

Generally, the opinion on the models is that they are excellent.
>>
>>47544733
Those people were humoring you.
>>
>>47544802
>Generally, the opinion on the models is that they are excellent.
>excellent
That's definitely not true.
>>
So, who has the best method of getting your vehicles to hang from your dropships? magnets? pins? clips? magic?
>>
>>47545298
I hear magnets are the way to go, but I don't know where you're supposed to hide them.
>>
>>47543466

From the start, Hawk has said their shipping date goal was the last week of June. They have been saying that they are on schedule with every message they posted. It of course remains to be seen if they pull it off.
>>
File: Hellhog_1_1024x1024.jpg (117 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Hellhog_1_1024x1024.jpg
117 KB, 960x640
>>47544802

I agree. Some of them are a little wonky, but for the most part they are pretty cool looking. And the resin and metal ones come out great.
>>
>>47545298
playing superior Scourge master race and using your cd trays as intended.
>>
File: 1451636985721.png (4 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1451636985721.png
4 MB, 2000x1500
Played a demo game as UCM the other day, and it seems pretty fun. The Mad Max resistance dudes seem pretty cool and tickle my "Underdog Freedom Fighter" fetish.
>>
>>47546612
But what if I want to deploy walkers?
>>
File: 15-03-02_134006_M_C_1024x1024.jpg (170 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
15-03-02_134006_M_C_1024x1024.jpg
170 KB, 960x640
>>47547191
We got ya shit covered, nigga.
>>
>>47547191

You gotta use magnets. I have seen a few guides posted before. PHR has some easier magnet points. However, it is more trouble than it is worth.
>>
>>47547191
>>47547258
So how do the walkers work on the tablestop? Can you take them instead of the hovertanks or do you need to use them together to be effective?
>>
>>47546612
>>47545298
>>47545365
Question: can UCM not use magnets? do the clampy things work?
>>
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC

Alright guys, reuploaded just for you.
>>
>>47547258
That shit needs magnets, yo. We back to square one now.
>>
>>47547511
Really, any combination of walkers and tanks will work for the scourge, so long as they support the rest of the list.
>>
>>47547560
Those holes on top line up with the dropship perfectly. Just scrape a little of the resin out and just glue them right in. Simple as hell. I had it done in half an hour.
>>
>>47547595
Holy fuck that detail.
>>
>>47547524
No, you do need magnets.

>>47547532
Based Anon.
>>
>>47547524
magnets are recommended for all the groups to be safe if nothing else.
>>
Does anyone have those kantocelle like pics of the phr and ucm ships? I remember them getting posted occasionally in the DFC threads.
>>
>>47547532
Oh god why couldn't you just use mega
>>
File: tumblr_nylwkwxttl1tonn9ho1_1280.jpg (208 KB, 1280x1185) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nylwkwxttl1tonn9ho1_1280.jpg
208 KB, 1280x1185
>>47551977
I got you covered.
Literally "PHR shipgirl" in Google gives it to you on the first and second hits
>>
>>47552363
>>
File: Character_Building.png (53 KB, 190x253) Image search: [Google]
Character_Building.png
53 KB, 190x253
>>47552273
Downloading shit-tons of little individual files builds character, anon.
>>
>less than a month until SPACE SHIPS ship
I am fucking HYPE, especially after they confirmed that there will be corvettes released at later date.

Also, sprues.
I can't for the life of me figure out how the wings attach to the hulls for the scourge, but I assume it's some kind of ball mount.
articulating it is gonna suck
>>
UCM frigates
>>
UCM cruisers.

It looks like cruisers are being sold in packs of 3, or at least two, seeing as how you can't make a heavy cruiser from just a single sprue.
>>
What do you guys think of the new releases? The Thor is pure sex, and is really wanting to make me play PHR.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0159/4298/files/Thor_Bombard_-_Experimental_Rules_1.0.pdf?11132109922621204573

The leopard is pretty damn cool, too.
>>
>>47552848
I see what looks like half-disc shaped connection points. Hopefully that means only one angle of articulation to worry about.
>>
>>47547524
>>47545365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrys7lxyatk
>>
File: CIA.jpg (17 KB, 342x311) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
17 KB, 342x311
>>47547595
Great, so now your walker's permanently stuck to your dropship. What's the next step in your master plan?
>>
File: Scourge-Razorworm.jpg (85 KB, 742x960) Image search: [Google]
Scourge-Razorworm.jpg
85 KB, 742x960
>>47552990
aww, yeah, finally a better way to deploy razorworms.
>>
So, anyone in the mood for some leaks? I'm in the mood to share. first up, a slight variant on the Resistance gunship, with cannons instead of missiles.
>>
>>47554878
Next up, the reverse; falcon gunships armed with missiles, not cannons.
>>
>>47554887
we got some funky PHR concepts here
>>
>>47554896
No idea what this is. Some sort of Angelos variant, maybe?
>>
>>47554903
This looks like an Ocelot with an alternative weapon. might be cool.
>>
>>47554912
label says it's a menchit variant. I can't figure out what the weapon is though.
>>
>>47554925
Finally, what looks like a new Scourge command vehicle, called an Overseer. apparently, it's meant to buff the range of nearby plasma weapons.
>>
>>47554912

The AA particle weapon on those may be over the top.

>>47554903

Those Angelos have nanomachine hives inside.
>>
>>47554925

It is a two shot anti-tank weapon.
>>
>>47554887

Wait, why would you ever want to do that? The gunships are amazing. Dat +2 E11.
>>
>>47555735

The missiles are supposed to AA as well as ground. It is meant for light dropship hunting. It could be pretty great.
>>
Looking to get started with a UCM force since this game is gaining traction at my FLGS.
I've played a demo game using starter box forces and quite enjoyed it.

I've currently got a 2-player starter, Kodiak and UCM command deck ordered.
What would be useful things to expand with after that?
Most players locally still seem to have only starter sets and possibly a command unit.
>>
>>47555783

Ahhh. That sounds promising. Right now I'm annoyed that most of the missiles the UCM gets tend to rely on Shaped Charge to get anything done. Very mercurial. It'll be nice to have a decent alternative to Rapiers or Archangels, though, particularly on such a mobile platform.
>>
>>47555826

Falcons are great. Wolverines are easy to fit into a lot of armies. Ferrum Drone Bases are nasty. More Rapiers or Sabres'll be useful sooner or later, particularly Sabres. Some Praetorians with some Raven's a cheap and nasty addition.
>>
>>47555826

Since you already have started stuff, don't both with buying more from that box. You might need a condor later, but there are a lot of other options that are better.

Most of your infantry should be riding Raven-As. Its cheap and more versatile than the Condor Bear combo.

Ferrum are pretty damn awesome. It is a do everything unit that is almost always worth it. Doesn't need a transport, just sits in the corner all game being annoying as hell. Pairs well with the Kodiak.

Hazard Suits are great options for the exotic slot. They put out good fire power and are durable.

Longbows and Mortar teams are great for long range killing power.

Katanas tend to replace Sabres the more competitive you go. Katanas are fast enough that you can get away with not using a dropship and in most cases 2 lower strength shots is better than 1 higher strength shot.
>>
>>47556117
>Condor Bear < Raven
Don't you have a lot less numbers, though?
>>
>>47556322

Less per unit, but in most cases this is what you want. Having an extra base doesn't help you search better and is usually what your basic infantry are there for. In DZC, you have to balance enough objective grabbers with enough other stuff. It is better to have a several smaller units covering more area than one area having a lot in one spot.

The bears themselves aren't worth much (not very durable and no decent weapon). And with the condor, you are stuck with a slower platform that moves all your infantry together.

If you are commuting to a CQB, yes you do want more bases. Most of the time you are not going to want to use your basic infantry for that though.

There are some cases where you want the condor bear, but most of the time its Raven all the way. This may change soon as there is a lot of new fancy AA on the horizon that could spell the end of the light dropship. Hawk is pretty good at balancing things out though so we will see.
>>
>>47555879
>>47556117
Thanks for the feedback.
Looking at this, some Raven-A light dropships and/or a Ferrum look like a good path for expansion at first.

Two questions, though:

One local player is interested in splitting another two-player starter with me.
Would that still be decent to bulk up quickly?

Aside from the core rulebook and the Reconquest book, is there anything I'd need to read ruleswise?
>>
>>47556467

The basics you get are pretty useful at whatever scale, particularly as you go from skirmish to clash to battle.
>rules wise
Those two cover pretty much everything. Other than the PDFs for the test units.

>>47556424
So how often are infantry likely to actually get into CQB? You almost make it sound like they're there to push the objective button and not a lot else.
>>
>>47552990
>mfw e11 large template at three and a half feet, along with devastator 3
>12 to 24 damage on structures

If I ever play PHR, it's going to be with these guys and a whole bunch of scorpions; rolling cyber-thunder.

>>47554912
>forgetting the Leopard
Two of these guys and a dreamsnare.
>>
>>47556827

They are kind of there to do just that! For most of the game they are trying to score and taking pot shots with their weapons.

There will probably be only 1 to 2 CQB per game. The conditions have to be right for one. In many cases, you are better off pulling out and dropping the building than fighting with you rank and file. When you know you have to see in for the long haul, the light drops ships still come in handy because you can bring more units in from farther away.
>>
>>47557156
>>12 to 24 damage on structures
>rereading barrage rules
>it's only 1 shot total from the entire squad, rather than 4
Well, that's a bit of a damper on things, at least against single targets.
>>
>>47557277

Question: How effective would a war of the worlds Ramases, ass-deep-in-the-big walkers list be?
>>
>>47557299
Is barrage optional? I can never remember if you can choose to fire a bunch of small shots instead.
>>
>>47557598
Nope, looks like it's mandatory from what the rules say; looks like the Enyo is still the premier building demo.
>>
>>47557341

While I'm not a Shaltari player, I think you would be okay. DZC is a combined arms game. You are going to need a mix of everything to succeed. However, due to the gate system Shaltari can get away with using some less optimal units for roles. A lot of the big walkers are powerful so with the right mix of essential units you could go far.

Down load the free army builder and fool around with some lists. I will automatically create the restrictions for you so you can see what you can do:

http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
>>
>>47533438
i fucking love this scale in miniature games, gw style is way to big for anything but skirmish games.

is thsi game expensive ?
>>
>>47557774

Similar to 40k in a lot of respects. $300-$400 for a full army, I think. Maybe a bit less.
>>
>>47557774
>>47557838
Actually, about $200-$250 for a 1500 point army (which can be reduced through some of those box deals), $300-$400 for a 2500 point army (which again, can be reduced through box deals possibly).
>>
>>47557774

The models themselves are a little more expensive than I would like. You can expect to pay around 125-150 bucks on models for a standard army 1500. You can play games from around 500-3000 points (probably higher). However the game is best played at around 1500.

Rule around for about 20 and terrain pack (which comes with more than enough cheap cardstock terrain) is around 40. So for 200 you would be ready to go if you already had an opponent.
>>
>>47557774
About what >>47557910 said if your army is just two box deals stuck together, or a little bit more expensive if you buy one of the prebuilt army deals.
closer to >>47557869 if you tailor your army and buy models individually.
>>
>>47557838
>>47557869

Ok because there were three answer I went on Miniature Market and built a feasible army.

Standard Army
Clash: 1497/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1497/1500 pts]
Field Command [440 pts]
Kodiak: Kodiak(Captain) [203 pts]
Ferrum: Ferrum [165 pts]
Wolverine Squad: 4x Wolverine A [72 pts]
Armored Formation [328 pts]
Sabre Squad: 3x Sabre, Condor(+Missile Pods) [152 pts]
Rapier Squad: 3x Rapier, Condor(+Missile Pods) [176 pts]
Legionnaire Corps [327 pts]
Mortar Team: 2x Legionnaire Mortar Team, Condor(+Missile Pods), 2x Bear [145 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Mortar Team: 2x Legionnaire Mortar Team [72 pts]
Eagle: Eagle [110 pts]
Legionnaire Corps [168 pts]
Legionnaires: 2x Legionnaires, Raven A(+Missile Pods) [88 pts]
Legionnaires: 2x Legionnaires, Raven A [80 pts]
Special Ordnance [100 pts]
Scimitar Squad: 2x Scimitar [100 pts]
Air Wing [134 pts]
Archangel Squad: 2x Archangel [134 pts]

With Command Cards it is retailing at around 175. So look like anno is probably closer to the money with 200 being like the min and 250 for if you buy a bunch more stuff to fool around with.
>>
>>47556424
Does that logic apply to other factions as well or just UCM?
>>
>>47558544
It varies. I'm a scourge player, and the weapons on our infantry and dropships and our speed change things up a bit. Our apc's can move 3" faster a turn and get skimmer bonuses. Get a squad of warriors in a building a third of the way up the field, they can hand any objectives they find to the APC while the dropship hunts light armor or infantry. Meanwhile the warriors have effective guns and wouldn't be wasted for a couple turns shooting if they have infantry or armored targets to unload upon.

So generally yes, the logic applies. Warriors are much more often mounted in light dropships, but each faction has quirks which open up unique modes of attack.
>>
>>47558779
What about PHR/Juno?
>>
>>47557869

Not in Pacific Pesos.
>>
Probably a Waste of Points
Battle: 2479/2500 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [2479/2500 pts]
Hand of the Sphere [796 pts]
Grand Vizier Barros: Barros' Hades(Marcos Barros, Grand Vizier), Poseidon [420 pts]
Nemesis: Nemesis, Poseidon [260 pts]
Mercury Drones: 4x Mercury, 2x Triton A2(+Stealth Missiles, +RN-5 Skyhammer) [116 pts]
Battle Pantheon [664 pts]
Battle Squad: 4x Phobos, 2x Neptune [332 pts]
Battle Squad: 4x Phobos, 2x Neptune [332 pts]
Immortals [404 pts]
Immortals: 2x Immortals, Triton A1 [101 pts]
Heavy Pantheon [615 pts]
Hades: Hades, Poseidon [265 pts]
Nemesis: Nemesis, Poseidon [260 pts]
Taranis Squad: 2x Taranis [90 pts]
>>
>>47558866
Not as familiar with them. Though from what I hear, the Juno is a little underwhelming as it stands right now. Might have something to do with the fact that both the Juno and the Triton both carry two units of immortals, instead of the three that the scourge and UMC apc's carry.
>>
>>47558544
Shaltari are a weird case since they have the teleporting. I've seen guys run a few each of their apcs and their flying transports and just run less of them then they would need if they were other factions. 2 apcs and 2 of their light gates can do the job just fine usually.
>>
Here's a new brief article on the current infantry meta.

http://gamerati.com/command-school-part-4-the-pbi/
>>
>>47552990
Ooof, that is sexy
>>
>>47558544

For the most part yes. You need dedicated scoring units and that is going to be your cheapest rank and file. Shaltari can get away with it a bit because of gates the principles still stand.

There has been some talk about the Dropship tax and how some of the heavy ships don't really serve much purpose in a lot of cases. With the arrival of some of these new AA units it might make medium drops ships more common. Also there is stuff like the horde rule and some units that simply can't fit into a light dropship.

Right now I think it goes like this for prime objective scorers:

UCM: Legionaries in Ravens
PHR: Valkyries naked or in Triton
Scourge: Warriors in Intruders
Resistance: Freeriders naked or via a Drill
>>
File: 1446420335865.jpg (222 KB, 680x696) Image search: [Google]
1446420335865.jpg
222 KB, 680x696
>>47552879

Anyone else kinda worried about there being only one Burnthrough Laser on this sprue?

This would mean that I can't build a St Petersberg class on a single sprue, and I'd have to get from one of the others. So, this means I couldn't say, mix a St Petersberg heavy cruiser with a Berlin and New Cairo class if I wanted. Not that I think this would be that good of a force selection but I don't like how it's restricting my options.
>>
>>47561202
There's also only two heavy cannons, so no Moscow either.

As far as we know, cruisers are, in general, sold in packs of 3 for a total 3 burnthroughs and 3 banka of heavy guns.
>>
What commander level should you aim for at 1500 and 2500pts (specifically for PHR and scourge)?
>>
>>47561202

Perhaps there is a second sprue that is like an accessory sprue.
>>
>>47561334

I never leave home less than a level 4 at 1500. I would probably go 5 at 2500. PHR cards are pretty awesome so it usually seems worth it.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>reasons why you love this game

Let's me play out my post human black hawk down fantasies when fighting resistance on an Intel heavy city fight board

>mfw immortals operating operationally
>>
Has there been a scan of the rulebook that isn't split into two parts?
>>
>>47562146
but why would you want that?
>>
>>47561899

Resistance should totally make some helo copter transports. Room for 1 base. That would be sick.
>>
>>47562230
So that I could use the page numbers (if I know a rule is on pg 45 I could just go to page 45 in the pdf)
>>
>>47562433
Fair point. No reason why you can't splice them together for yourself though.
>>
File: The_PHR_Advance.jpg (356 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
The_PHR_Advance.jpg
356 KB, 900x600
Friendly reminder that the Abandonists did nothing wrong.
>>
>>47561899
>want to play PHR
>mfw imagining super heavy walkers backed by Thors just obliterating an entire city
heavy-support walkers with artillery when.
>>
>>47562614
Indefinite reminder that you metalheads are traitors and freaks, and that we're coming for you the second Earth is ours and the Scourge are dead.
>>
Does anyone have the pic with members of each faction gathered round the fireplace, playing a friendly Christmas game of DZC as the snow falls outside?
>>
>>47544772
The flat, metallic thing in back of the barrel is a heatsink.
>>
>>47562639
>when the scourge are dead
oh, you mean the thing we totally didn't tell you won't happen? Just like that thing where the Cradle Worlds got fucked over didn't happen either?

Come back when you've cleared the HOO-RAH out of your ears.
>>
>>47562691
You just wait and see, drill-dick.
You may treat your magic tennisball like a God, but it sure as hell ain't one.
>>
>>47562772
$5 says the magic tennis ball ends up being an evil AI with ulterior motives
>>
>>47562772
The tennisball's been right more times than you have, you luddite. Maybe if you actually tried to make something of yourself instead of trying to loot the past glories of a better civilisation you might have figured out how to jump without beacons, or how not to get fucked by bugs.
>>
>>47562987

Nobody would take that bet.

The big question is what. Clearly it's tied in to the scourge migration cycle, but how?
>>
>>47563001
It's been right -once-, you can't draw any conclusions from that.

>Maybe if you actually tried to make something of yourself instead of trying to loot the past glories of a better civilisation
Ex-fucking-cuse me? All those nanites in your brain must be giving you static; we just spent over the past century and a half building the greatest war machine known to all of man's history, and are about to shit fury the likes of which you have never seen.

>or how to not get fucked by bugs
I thought you tin-cans were supposed to be smart, the Scourge aren't even close to being like bugs.
>>
>>47563055
>the Scourge aren't even close to being like bugs.

Aren't they basically the Yerks?
>>
>>47562620

All the super heavy walkers already go kaiju on buildings like its 1945 Japan. If you want total destruction, just add some infantry and you have a meta as fuck list
>>
>>47563089
Pretty much, but neither slugs nor jellyfish are bugs.
>>
>>47563095
>all the super-heavy walkers go kaiju on buildings?
Really? I mean, the hades could potentially get 6 damage max off of its repeater, and possibly 6 more off of it's miniguns (only against standard buildings), but the latter 6 is a fairly low chance.

Meanwhile, a single enyo has the capability to do 8 damage if it crits on both.
>>
>>47563001

You just traded a jelly fish master for a tennis based master.

And you fired first. And then again when you didn't like we were doing our own thing with reconquest. You did everything wrong.
>>
>>47563358
>enslaved for hundreds of years in constant agony, subject to torturous experiments and complete destruction of identity

>Benevolently guided toward a harmonious union of man and machine, retaining the best of both and the weakness of neither

yup, those are entirely equivalent
>>
>>47563436
>having your very utility functions coopeted and rewritten by an alien AI, to the point where you are nothing more than blissful slaves
>benevolent
>>
>>47563358

Remember when the 1% who escaped to become cyborgs got a nice cushy planet(s?), a real democracy and an amazing standard of living under a benevolent dictator who doesn't actually intervene in politics?

Yeah it's just awful

>>47563166

I thought the giant laser scorpion was supposed to be breddy gud at smashing buildings
>>
>>47563436

That might have been prevented if the cowards didn't shoot up the fleet. If the ball said more than leave you house guys or bad stuff might happen thing would have been different. For all we know they sent the Scourge to the planet.

Now you would rather deal with psychos and murders than rescue millions of innocents still left behind on the core worlds. Innocents you knew were still there.
>>
>>47563519
>I thought the giant laser scorpion was supposed to be breddy gud at smashing buildings
Only a maximum of 6 damage with all weapons critting (although they are high energy); none have demolisher.

That being said, the Nemesis laser is the most sex looking weapon in the entire PHR arsenal.
>>
>>47563563

Ah well, you'll still murder plenty with either super heavy, just bring some enyos.

Don't barrage weapons gain demolisher-2 if they direct hit a building? Would make those new Thors decent
>>
File: f2.jpg (222 KB, 402x530) Image search: [Google]
f2.jpg
222 KB, 402x530
>>47563563

Those are some of the coolest looking units. They are must have on design alone. Some guy posted this rework on the Hawk Boards

>>47563610

Yup
>>
>>47563610
>Don't barrage weapons gain demolisher-2 if they direct hit a building? Would make those new Thors decent
Close, but not quite; barrage weapons gain a demolisher value against structures based on their barrage value, which in this case is barrage 4 (2 Thor) or barrage 8 (4 Thor), which are demolisher 2 and 3 respectively. However, as buildings have no active countermeasures, the barrage value is actually doubled to a maximum of 12 which is demolisher 4.

However, it's still only a single shot, which means an entire squad of 4 Thor can only do a maximum of 8 damage if they crit; which is equivalent still to a single Enyo.

However, a full squad of 4 Thor have a small, medium, and large template range of 4.5 feet, 4 feet, and 3.5 feet respectively.

>>47563690
Dayum, is that the 3-up Ares for the legs?
>>
>>47563948
nope, they're repurposed Nemesis legs
>>
>>47564159
>nope, they're repurposed Nemesis legs
That's even cooler, kudos to him.
>>
>Bought a desolator and gharial because I liked the models and may build a scourge or shaltari army
>literally no drive to paint until space ships ship
help
>>
https://twitter.com/BKRedaktion/status/736614383065915393

Some painted ships from Dropfleet
>>
>>47565564
I'm really feeling the 1st and 2nd scourge, and the 2nd and 3rd UCM.

Are those official schemes, or guest painters?
>>
File: PHR_BattleCruiser_Leonidas.jpg (54 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
PHR_BattleCruiser_Leonidas.jpg
54 KB, 960x640
Bump
>>
>>47563436

>A mysterious ball told us to leave our comrades behind instead of assist in the defense of our homeworld right before a massive attack

>Friend

Okaydude.jpg
>>
>>47540941
PHR also have super complex walkers and skimmers that have far more going on than a UCM tank, which is basically a spess T34. They need the AI more for the advanced controls needed to keep a walker balanced and their more powerful weapons than a UCM crewman would need for a dirt cheap and pretty simple tank design.
>>
>>47565822

I think those are guest painters. The first scourge one is awesome.
>>
File: igor.jpg (49 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
igor.jpg
49 KB, 800x533
>>47533438
Tanks are fine, they look like some of the weirder Twilight 2000 shit.

But those flyers. They look like what would happen if a Sikorsky Skycrane and a Harrier had sex in front of a leaky nuclear reactor.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
>>47567829
More like a CH-54.
>>
File: albatross_1_1024x1024[1].jpg (130 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
albatross_1_1024x1024[1].jpg
130 KB, 900x600
>>47567829
I bet you'll lover their heavy dropship, then.
>>
File: UCM_Battleship_Beijing0.jpg (111 KB, 637x424) Image search: [Google]
UCM_Battleship_Beijing0.jpg
111 KB, 637x424
>>
How would two UCM starters, a Kodiak and a Ferrum work as a 1500-point army?
>>
>>47570156
Hnnnngggghhh I should have gotten in on the kickstarter
>>
>>47570254
Doesn't the 1500pt package come with all that stuff and some extras?
>>
>>47570301
Nope, for both 1500-pointish deals it has some of that, but less dropship and some rather different things.

The online-only deals aren't very viable for me either, since I'll be ordering directly from my FLGS (they have their own discount system).
>>
File: Simple starter.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Simple starter.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47570254
For reference:
>>
I don't like dzc due to the randomness of it. Too much in it for a serious game. Also everything mission on a 1/6 when you have sminima dice just sucks
>>
>>47570512

Every game out there has this a bit and I actually think it is significantly less than most games. The most critical roll is for objectives.

And that can be mitigated by using more bodies or staying in the building longer. This random element actually helps in crease the likely hood of close combats and contesting buildings. I think its much better.

But I suppose that's just like my opinion man.
>>
File: Soviet UCM.png (448 KB, 597x599) Image search: [Google]
Soviet UCM.png
448 KB, 597x599
I've got my paint scheme down for Scourge, but I'm torn on what to do for my UCM.

Grey color scheme a-la WW2 Germany?

Or a Khaki-and-green color scheme, like Soviet Troops fighting in Afghanistan?

I was thinking of making the vehicles more of a Beastial Brown type color.

I tried doing an Eastern Bloc color scheme for my UCM (pic related) but it's just not doing it for me. They look too... I don't know, not modern enough?

Also, I'm struggling to see the models against the base. Any advice?
>>
>>47572275

Mobile Infantry from Starship Troopers movie!
>>
>>47572852

Yeah this
>>
>>47572275

You should also spice the base up. Aidding in some debris and grass plus some dry brush green for moss will help them stand out a bit more.
>>
Am I doing it right, /tg/?

Knife Fight
Clash: 1497/1500 points
Standard Army
Standard Roster [1497/1500 pts]

Gate Group [276 pts]
Eden Medium Gates: Eden [50 pts]
Spirit Light Gates: Spirit [43 pts]
Spirit Light Gates: Spirit [43 pts]
Haven Terragate: Haven [20 pts]
Haven Terragate: Haven [20 pts]

Court of Elders [225 pts]
Coyote Warstrider: Coyote(Elder) [171 pts]
Yari Light Grav-Tanks: 2x Yari(+Light Ion Cannon) [54 pts]

Shaltari Swordpoint [240 pts]
Tarantula Battle Striders: 2x Tarantula [110 pts]
Firedrake: Firedrake [130 pts]

Shaltari Warrior Clan [170 pts]
Birdeater Battle Striders: 2x Birdeater [100 pts]
Braves: 2x Braves [70 pts]

Shaltari Warrior Clan [170 pts]
Birdeater Battle Striders: 2x Birdeater [100 pts]
Braves: 2x Braves [70 pts]

Shaltari Warfist [170 pts]
Leopard Warstriders: Leopard [85 pts]
Dreamsnare Warstrider: Dreamsnare [85 pts]

Shaltari Speartip [246 pts]
Yari Light Grav-Tanks: 2x Yari(+Light Ion Cannon) [54 pts]
Firstborns: 2x Firstborns [96 pts]
Firstborns: 2x Firstborns [96 pts]
>>
File: The White Sphere.jpg (109 KB, 1434x1434) Image search: [Google]
The White Sphere.jpg
109 KB, 1434x1434
Ayy, wassup? figured you niggas ought to know there's some serious shit going down. Ya'll probbly ought to bug out, aight? Peace.
>>
File: UCM ultimate weapon.jpg (44 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
UCM ultimate weapon.jpg
44 KB, 640x357
>>47575345
"UCM today unveiled their ultimate weapon in the upcoming war. PHR forces are said to be in full retreat already."
>>
>>47575345
REEEEEE FUCK OFF TENNISBALL
HUMANITY STRONG
U C M
U C M
U C M
U C M
>>
>>47564420
The minis are super easy to paint, though. At this scale, a nice basecoat, a careful wash, some drybrushing, and neatly picking out some details/cleaning up drybrushing mistakes is all it takes to get some fast tabletop quality stuff. If you have an airbrush, it becomes even easier to get everything painted and washed in record time.

It doesn't take as long as you might think. Tue hardest part is figuring out what sort of colors youbwant to use, since Shaltari and Scourge are both open to some weird color options due to their more busy designs.
>>
File: image.gif (28 KB, 276x140) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
28 KB, 276x140
>>47576537

>that storm trooper gloss white PHR scheme in the main book
>literally just spray white, spray gloss, do metal details
>look like 50's futuremensch
>>
>>47576667

I know it looks simply like you say. But the whole image is basically like a sterile room, which matches them quite nicely
>>
File: EpicIF.jpg (110 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
EpicIF.jpg
110 KB, 640x368
>>47576667

I want to do a PHR Army as Imperial Fists.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 600x662
>>47577053

>I will never ever be able to order 30k epic stuff from resinbro
>>
>>47576537
I actually just got an airbrush and compressor (fuck painting 60+ ships with a brush), so I'm thinking about stripping my UCM starter kit stuff and practicing on the Condors.

For my Desolator (and scourge in general), I was thinking of doing something like that "Red Chrome" scheme they have in the core rules; but with a darker, more shaded metal and green eyes; for a recipe on how to do that, would this be it?

Vallejo grey primer
Base coat entirely in chrome
Airbrush black ink over the chrome to shade it
Brass base coat on engines, pipes, details, and gun heat-sinks (I don't know if they'd look better with a green glow, or just be brass)
Gloss coat
Black wash in recesses, clean up excess
Pick out brass details again
Matte varnish
Do eyes
>>
>>47556467 here.

Got my second game in tonight, borrowing a UCM army from the guy who also gave me my first demo.
We basically use the starters, HQ units and some other support.
In my case, that meant a Ferrum.

It turned into a slaughter, mostly because he allowed me to knock out his AA tanks with my Sabres + drones on turn 2, followed by an orbital strike that knocked out his bunched-up skimmer tanks that had just disembarked from their dropship.
In both cases, they were too easily visible while not skimming because they'd just disembarked.
Next turn, the drones slaughterted his light dropships carrying these small walkers, with the survivors taking another orbital strike.

From there on out, I took some losses (especially from a dropship core overloading and destroying my AA) but managed to mop up all of the enemy forces except one dropship and 2 bases of infantry by turn 6 with an objective secure.
>>
>>47579369
I also placed my order for a starting force: the UCM half of the 2-player starter, a UCM deck, acrylic templates, a Kodiak, a set of Praetorians, a pair of Raven-A dropships and a set of Wolverines.

That should be pretty decent to start with, especially since I might also be able to borrow that Ferrum until I can buy my own.
>>
>>47579369
sounds like your opponent learned the important lesson then. Nice work, any chance you have both lists?
>>
>>47579369
The Ferrum is a very powerful unit. It is rough to deal with if people don't know what they are doing.

Good work though
>>
>>47579398

That is a good start point. Try to play a few games with some more stuff to see what you are into. UCM is lucky in that its pretty versatile with its options.
>>
>>47580517
>>47580671
>>47580697
Yeah, he certainly learned his lesson about where to unload his skimmers and not bunching up in the face of AoEs two turns in a row.

My list was:
Kodiak (skill 3 commander)
3 Sabres + Condor (pods), 3 Rapiers + Condor (pods)
2 Legionnaire Squads (3 bases each) + Bears + Condor (pods)
Ferrum

His list was:
Desolator (skill 3 commander)
3 Hunters + Marauder
2 Warrior Hordes (3 bases each) + Invaders + Marauder
3 Reapers + Marauder, 8 Prowlers + 2 Intruder Beta

Both end up at roughly 890 points since he had some kind of upgrades on his Marauders. I don't recall what they did.
>>
File: Shaltari_LightCruiser_Azurite.jpg (82 KB, 637x424) Image search: [Google]
Shaltari_LightCruiser_Azurite.jpg
82 KB, 637x424
bump
>>
>>47540879

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. That single-crew/zero-profile rail-gun tankette design is just so... plausible. It would pretty much have to be that or Bolos.

And there's no way these guys are paying for building and and hauling around Bolos. So get the fuck in your coffin, Legionaire. There's a planet that needs invading.
>>
>>47540879
I don't like that the front of the hull has an asymmetrical slope (yes I realize that's an extremely minor and petty criticism, but it still bothers me).
>>
>>47582914
That's simply because the tank was designed to be as light as possible, and they cut out as much mass as they could. These things are pretty much being inserted from the very top of atmos remeber, with the strike carriers barely dipping into atmos just enough to shit out dropships and have their engines work.
>>
>>47583434
Yes, but you could reduce the mass even further by making the cut into a triangle while also making it symmetrical. To clarify, it's not that I think the design is objectively bad or anything, it just isn't to my taste (I don't like things that are asymmetrical. The designs of the tanks are asymmetrical. Therefore I don't like them).
>>
Rules are out for a lot of the new units:

Resistance
Mehmed Siege Tanks and Thunder Wagons

PHR
Thor and Menchit A2

Shaltari
Firebirds and Leopard

Scourge
Corruptor (fleshlight gunship) and Monitors

UCM
Crossbows
>>
File: strv 2000 utan torn.jpg (677 KB, 1134x710) Image search: [Google]
strv 2000 utan torn.jpg
677 KB, 1134x710
>>47544772

First thought came to an experimental turret-less Swedish tank.

And no, not THAT turret-less Swedish tank.
>>
>>47584514
man I totally missed the vampire rules getting uploaded.

Both of the scourge units seem really cool. That Corruptor is going to be disgusting in the current infantry heavy meta where I play, especially with one guy loving to have his guys go to the wall. Monitors are interesting in showing the lifespan of scourge, and I'm kinda hoping we'll see more crazy scourge in vehicles we recognize.
>>
File: Indulgent.jpg (11 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
Indulgent.jpg
11 KB, 250x236
>>47584514
>Firebirds
>E+2 and p5
>mfw
AA can go get fucked
>>
File: strv103.jpg (54 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
strv103.jpg
54 KB, 640x427
>>47584714
But their sexy.
>>
>>47584514
>Razorworm Pods

Yeeeeeeeeessssss
>>
>>47584737
about the only reason I won't be hating them with a vengeance is that energy 10 shot means they won't eat an entire tank squad in one go. Still going to be annoying as shit though.
>>
>>47584881
still, dev2 means that they'll fuck over heavy tanks if they get a single shot in.

They're going to be a proper nightmare against super-heavies though, especially the Hades.
>four of these can take down a Hades in one go
>small chance that just two of them can
>>
>>47585020
oh for sure, if you roll around with anything bigger than a saber or rapier its going to be a really bad time. I wonder what the validity of bringing a group of 2 or so to hunt large tanks will be, or if its going to be all or nothing for big superheavies.
>>
>>47585077
I mean, to be fair, they are only e10; that's still a 1/2 chance to not do any damage at all, and only a 1/6 chance to crit for 4.
>>
>>47585120
well sure but there's plenty of tanks (all the smaller walkers for PHR for instance) that have the main draw of taking an additional hit before going down and these will get to shred them much more nicely than most. In a UCM heavy meta or a Scourge heavy meta I could see these performing poorly but if you run up against a bunch of PHR or shaltari walker players these things are going to be instant includes I think.
>>
>>47585162
Oh yeah, definitely; and these things are going to be a nightmare against reaction fire, as they'd be a guaranteed 6+ to-hit, and the p5 cuts out an entire 3rd of the ones that actually hit.
>>
>>47585202
Oh lord that sounds terrible. I have a buddy who loves playing teched up resistance with a bunch of Zhukovs instead of gun technicals. I can only imagine how frustrated he'd get trying to kill these things.
>>
>>47584514

The mehmed is pretty amazing. Can't wait to field them and parking lot to victory.
>>
>>47563027
My money is it's an AI some civilization came up with (maybe even the lizard people?) to fight the Scourge, but then it went all "evil sentient AI" and became the Borg. They're another evil hivemind like the jellyfish, just sneakier.
>>
File: IMG_6317.jpg (1 MB, 2417x2417) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6317.jpg
1 MB, 2417x2417
We resin terrain now boys
>>
>>47586459
is that the resin fronts they sell on the main website? do they hold up alright glued together?
>>
How viable is it to go full "Fuck you, fuck this city, and fuck the bedrock it's sitting on" ?

"Why's the water shaking?"
Battle: 2532/2500 points
Standard Army
PHR Standard Roster [2492/2500 pts]

Hand of the Sphere [608 pts]
Nemesis Command Walker: Nemesis(Supreme Vizier) [370 pts]
Valkyries: 2x Valkyries, Triton A1 [119 pts]
Valkyries: 2x Valkyries, Triton A1 [119 pts]

Battle Pantheon [189 pts]
Type 1 Walker Squadron: 3x Phobos [189 pts]

Battle Pantheon [189 pts]
Type 1 Walker Squadron: 3x Phobos [189 pts]

Immortals Phalanx [404 pts]

Heavy Pantheon [571 pts]
Command Walker Squadron: Zeus, Odin, Neptune [186 pts]
Type 4 Walker: Hades [205 pts]
Thor Battery: 4x Thor [160 pts]

Heavy Pantheon [571 pts]
Command Walker Squadron: Zeus, Odin, Neptune [186 pts]
Type 4 Walker: Hades [205 pts]
Thor Battery: 4x Thor [160 pts]
>>
>>47586716
whoops, those Heavy Pantheons should only be 551 points each*
>>
Finally, my dreams of playing space Syrians have been truly realized.
>>
File: Barrel_Bomber_1_1024x1024.jpg (164 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Barrel_Bomber_1_1024x1024.jpg
164 KB, 960x640
>>47586782
>>
>dropfleet commander
>designed by Andy "high admiral of the gothic sector" Chambers
>board is a map of planet from orbit
>those minis
Holy christ my wallet is going to have a bad time.
>>
File: UCM_Battleship_Beijing3.jpg (208 KB, 1000x614) Image search: [Google]
UCM_Battleship_Beijing3.jpg
208 KB, 1000x614
>>47586838
>he wasn't here for the kickstarter
>tfw getting the 2-up version of one of these beauts
>>
>>47586716
Wellby the end of the game you should have really nice long lines of fire.
>>
File: 1446607882137.png (196 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
1446607882137.png
196 KB, 500x412
>>47586838
I've been aching for a good fleet-scale spaceships game for years. My body is ready.

I'm just worried no one around here will pick it up when 90% of tables only see M:tG and GW products on them.
>>
>>47586856
>tfw Hawk has confirmed battleships on release, and corvettes shortly thereafter
>corvettes are meant to act as atmos-level "submarines" with reduced penalties when firing through orbital layers and atmos, and to be strike-carrier killers
>we're also getting dreadnoughts a little bit down the road
>possibility still exists for destroyers
Thinking of the fleets themselves, not even the game, fills me with such joy.
>>
>>47586843
there was a kickstarter? whatever now i dont want this anymore, i missed the cheap prices.

how the fuck do i know when a miniature kickstarter, indiegogo goes online?, they should have a different fucking category for them.

Il just kickstart that frog bloodbowl team instead.
>>
>>47586907
>there was a kickstarter? whatever now i dont want this anymore, i missed the cheap prices.
Nah dude, Hawk said that the kickstarter (sans the stretch goal bonuses) wouldn't be much cheaper, if at all, compared to retail.

>how the fuck do i know when a miniature kickstarter, indiegogo goes online?
No idea, but I guess your best bet is to just keep a close eye on the game category, or pay close attention to the grapevine.
>>
>>47586892
All anybody plays at my LGS is MTG and a few Warmahordes dudes. I don't even know how I'd try to talk these nerds into playing something else.
>>
>>47586984
Bring a few starter fleets.
Buy a few boxes of cheap franchise pizza.
Tell them they can have some pizza if they try the game.
Boom, you have yourself some players.
>>
>>47586907
thats not how the kickstarter worked man, they only offered a small portion of the line, large sections of it will be retail only to support stores and incentivize them to actually carry the game. You might have saved like 30 dollars in the short run compared to now. Shouldnt be a total boner kill on the whole operation though
>>
>>47587031
i dont know man, i am still salty about not finding out the monster dead kickstarter was a thing.
>>
>>47586937
>>47587031

Because we hit all the stretch goals, buying into the kick starters gave you a fuck ton of free stuff on top of the already cheaper price. It was a great deal.
>>
>>47585696

I don't know. It seems like there are better options for this. A single Mehmed is going to cause around 8-10 DP on a building. However, that is really all its good at. 12 inch main weapon is rough on such a slow platform.

Conversely, I can throw in a single unit of rocket technicals and achieve similar results for a third of the price at a way longer range.
>>
>>47587922
But it still doesn't get you the Battleships that stores will have.
>>
>>47586838
>>47586907
>super hype
>I didn't get a discount? fuck you man

Everyone has missed opportunities, Anon. No need to bitch about it.
>>
>>47589197

I believe after the KS you will have something like 40-50% of what you will need for a fleet. Provided you bought one base set during KS.
>>
>>47589197

So? I have an absurd amount of cruisers and escorts. I legitimately probably have one too many battlecruisers. If all I have to do is buy one BB and a DN in the future, that's no big deal to me
>>
>>47589597

You will probably have to grab a bit more than that, but for the most part we made a killing.

I am so excited! Supposed to be the end of the month when they start shipping.
>>
>>47587922

I remember when the Frigate Bonanaza tripped. So much happiness.

>>47589197
Here is hopping that Battleship doesn't have the meaning of "sub-optimally designed Dreadnought", at least. Or even "battle-line element, but arbitrarily smaller".
>>
>>47589842
I think the battleships will have a useful purpose, as DZC has had very few really useless units, and many of those have been tweaked to be useful
>>
>>47586856
Well I for one will be shilling the shit out of it at my FLGS
>>
>>47589643
>I am so excited! Supposed to be the end of the month when they start shipping.

Oh shit, that soon? My god, I've already got a pile of models from various games, and I'm about to be inundated with stupid sexy PHR ships.
>>
File: PHR_Frigate_Pandora.jpg (56 KB, 637x326) Image search: [Google]
PHR_Frigate_Pandora.jpg
56 KB, 637x326
>>47592214
>burnthrough frigates
Calling it now, disco meta
>>
Does anyone have the beta rules for Dropfleet Commander?
>>
>>47588703

I dunno you're going to need a lot of rocket technical to belt out that kind of damage and with a lack of countermeasures they're not getting close unless you're forking over for a slow transport.
>>
>>47592307

There were only 100 copies released. It is doubtful they were ever leaked. There were a few demo games of early builds on youtube though.
>>
File: Dr_robotnik_by_thafake-d5w6peo.png (183 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
Dr_robotnik_by_thafake-d5w6peo.png
183 KB, 1024x748
>>47552990
>>
>>47593215

The Mehmed seems to be there if you want to kill a single building in one volley. However, after that you gotta fly somewhere else to do you damage. 12 inches is barely anything and its main weapon doesn't really offer any benefit outside targeting buildings. It clocks in at 145.

Rocket Techs cost 60 points for a base unit, have range 18 and can go into a drill. If we are talking just for building demo, you can sneak them in and fire off a crap ton of rockets for cheap to do that damage over two turns. Or you could bump it up to 10 (100 points) and maybe do near it in one. The thing here is that you can still use the technical to do other stuff. A swarm of fast vehicles is much more useful than a pair of slow ones.

This is of course on paper theory. But my understanding is that no one is a fan of the heavy tanks in the resistance army. Mine is still not finished yet to get some games in.
>>
>>47593350

Let me clarify, I am a fan of the heavy tanks. I just don't think people agree that is the most competitive. Man I gotta paint these dudes up.
>>
>>47592302

Burnthrough frigates does mean less Strike and Fleet Carrier Frigates though. Which are important in actually scoring points.
>>
>>47593599

From some of the videos I have seen, it seems like fighters and bombers are powerful. Like a good way to strike people beyond your normal radar range.
>>
File: lazers.jpg (47 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
lazers.jpg
47 KB, 620x388
>>47593599

Was there ever a problem that Ion-frigate spam couldn't solve, though?
>>
File: Basilisk.jpg (96 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
Basilisk.jpg
96 KB, 960x640
>>47595971
>frigate spam
It's a veritable smorgasbord!
>>
>>47595971
I'm honestly glad they limited the max amount of damage a burnthrough could do. Having a battleship potentially be destroyed in one go by a frigate would be pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>47597177

Yeah, and I think giving Burnthroughs the ability to cause Energy Spikes on their target to be a perfectly reasonable trade-off, and also adds a nice level of tactical play to them.
>>
File: Scourge_HeavyCruiser_Shenlong0.jpg (119 KB, 678x451) Image search: [Google]
Scourge_HeavyCruiser_Shenlong0.jpg
119 KB, 678x451
Bump
>>
>>47600631
Stop it, the Scourge ships are starting to grow on me.
>>
>>47600666
No, Satan :^)
>>
>>47593420

Oh the heavy tanks aren't great. Their overpriced but my argument is the mehmed is by far the most cost efficient one. As for the technicals I find it takes way longer to kill a building as you need on average 6 hits for each damage point so that's quite a while as you're fishing for shaped charge hits. Plus the fear of being shot off the table due to lack of countermeasures.

The mehmed isn't optimal, because it's not mass cyclones and veteran buses but I think they're better for building demolition.
>>
>>47602481
my understanding of the Hannibal MBT usage is as either a distraction, or a method of holding focal points. Its just annoying enough that your opponent may try to shoot it, but at A10 with 2 DP it will take either some serious firepower to kill or several rounds of shooting. These shots arent being used on buildings or buses, or other things which can then get in position to alpha strike. IT is not something you should take masses off, nor is it going to bring home the bacon, but it might draw some heat, and or stay alive where other things wont.
>>
File: PHR_HeavyCruiser_Hector.jpg (78 KB, 637x424) Image search: [Google]
PHR_HeavyCruiser_Hector.jpg
78 KB, 637x424
Late night bump
>>
>>47584791
>Tank

It's a Hetzer with tricked-out hydraulics.
>>
>>47604237
Its a MBT by name and use.
>>
File: 1453862915248.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453862915248.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
>>47592302
>>47603555
>a month from now I might finally have my hands on these beauties
Time to upgrade my minis workspace.
>>
>>47604977
At a minimum I'd advise getting rid of all the coloured balls.
>>
>>47600666
Scourge ships are goddamn beautiful. I -might- pick UCM instead, but it would be close.
>>
>>47586459
Pretty sure that costs more than a neck massage from God.
>>
>>47605124
But God only charges you worship/belief and you have to obey 10 rules and eventually you will get a neck massage to die for.
>>
>>47605065
Replace them with used dishware and about two dozen containers full of (mostly) sorted pieces and you'd have an accurate picture.

...I really let myself go this winter. I guess once I get this shit tidy I'll go get a new lamp for a photo lightbox.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.