[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get immunity to mind-affecting effects at ECL 1 in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1462795172923.jpg (219 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1462795172923.jpg
219 KB, 600x600
How do you get immunity to mind-affecting effects at ECL 1 in D&D 3.5, WITHOUT Deformity (madness)?
>>
>>47530238
Protection from Evil/Good/Law/Chaos "blocks any attempt... to exercise mental control over the creature" and are level 1 spells that Clerics and Wizards/Sorcerers can take.
>>
>>47530637
The official 3.5 FAQ clarifies that this applies only to a subset of mind-affecting effects.
>>
>>47530238
I'm no expert but... getting Construct type?
>>
>>47530687
Not possible at ECL 1.

Half-golems have no listed level adjustment, meaning they are not for PCs.
>>
>>47530816
A passing glance should tell you that template is not for PCs.
>>
Necropolitan. Technically you have to be ECL3 to apply it and survive, but afterwards you would be ECL1.
>>
>>47530238

How does Bleak Cabal membership work in 3.5?

>>47530816
>>47530687
It's constructs or zombies for cheesy mind effect protection.
>>
Warforged is closest I got without getting a LA.
>>
Wasn't the paladin of freedom variant in unearthed Arcana immune to mind altering effects and control?
>>
>>47531748
To some degree.

Aura of Resolve (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, a paladin of
freedom is immune to compulsion effects. Each ally within 10
feet of him gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against
compulsion effects. This ability otherwise functions identically
to the paladin’s aura of courage class feature.
>>
>>47532619
>>47531748
If you combined this with that one prestige class for warforged, he would be immune to most mind magic and status effects.
>>
Potential low level things that come to mind are:
necropolitan (which requires level 2)
protection from evil/good/whatever (which is incomplete immunity, but covers the worst stuff)
feytouched (level adjustment +1)
being a construct/undead/plant (fuck if I know how to do that at low levels in general)
Being non-humanoid type is also worth mentioning since a lot of low level mind control stuff targets humanoids only. Half-giant, Goliath, Elan come to mind, but there's probably a lot more
>>
File: Lockwood-Colbert.jpg (99 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Lockwood-Colbert.jpg
99 KB, 800x600
>>47531748
>>47532619
>>47532662
>>47532711
>Paladin of Freedom

when we gonna get that in 5e?
>>
>>47532762
It's basically just the vengeance one if you're good
>>
>>47532762
Best options are for best edition
>>
>>47530238
Does it need to be permanent or not? If so, you could always use one of the various GP exploits to gain access to a scroll of Shapechange and use that to become something that has the immunities you want.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.