[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: nin-the-pain-artist.jpg (65 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
nin-the-pain-artist.jpg
65 KB, 480x680
"Nin is probably the closest thing we'll get to a UR artificer" edition

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
File: 1382649886199.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1382649886199.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
>want to build Melek but don't want to go the whole Storm/Big X Spells route
>realize that Izzet is THE color combo for mind control stuff
I am going to steal everyone's shit and I'm going to beat them to death with their own creatures. It's going to be spectacularly awful and I'm going to love every second of playing it
>>
2nd for let's start the sol ring shitposting early
>>
>>47516229
Funny that you posted NIn because I just got a game in with her for the first time this afternoon.
>Play Mages
>Poke my own dudes for cards
>Mana rocks up the wazoo
>Platinum Emperion somewhere, people don't do shit to me since I was just sitting down not being a threat
>Fuck ton of mana = Psychosis Crawler/Phyrexian Metamorph and a Nin.

Still felt janky as hell and needs improving. I can't imagine bringing this to a competitive table but everyone was bringing their laid-back decks anyway so.
>>
>>47516349
That actually sounds really fun. Make your wincon copying a mind control effect enough times to steal someone's entire board and kill them with it
>>
>>47516349

you realize that melek only copies instants and sorceries from your top deck right?

nothing inherently wrong with what you said i just find it a bit puzzling that somebody "wants to build melek" but doesnt want to storm or cast big spells, his ability expressly has to do with casting instants and sorceries

maybe your idea of storm/big x spells is more specific than mine is so ill give you the benefit of the doubt, but just intuitively you would think theres another blue red commander that fits the "steal every one's shit" theme better
>>
>>47516349

nin seems way way better for that strat

steal your opponents creatures that pelt them with nin damage, drawing you a bunch of cards and killing your opponents creatures before you have to give them back
>>
Sol Ring did nothing wrong.
>>
>>47516459
The worst part about threaten effects is typically the negative card economy. One way to get around this is an aristocrats deck. Future sight type effects basically dig through your deck every time you use them, thus negating the primary drawback without relying on sac outlets.
>>
>>47516542

here we have a pseudoperson, its like a person but lacking the capacity for rational thought
>>
>>47516459
>>47516459
I just wanted to take a different route. It'd work in my group

And I was thinking with scry and digging effects it might work, lots of topdeck manipulation
>>
>>47516229
I never realized that Nin was so stacked, what the fuck
>>
>>47516660

grade A tits

she's pretty expensive but you wont find another dominatrix with her combination of assets and skills
>>
>>47516459
>you would think theres another blue red commander that fits the "steal every one's shit" theme better
There really isn't, which sucks. Mizzix, maybe
>>
>>47516793

nin seems like the best choice

i agree that the UR options are limited tho
>>
>>47516824
I suppose. I just think Melek's ability is rad as fuck and wanted to try something different with him

I think I'll build it anyway and change to Nin if it's subpar
>>
>>47516875

sorry i thought i was talking to a different poster or i wouldnt have repeated myself, made it seem like im trying to make you feel bad for choosing melek

i think melek will do fine, future sight is a powerful card in general and so are steal effects, also i think copying a bribery off the top of your deck seems spicy
>>
File: 1364362495963.gif (479 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1364362495963.gif
479 KB, 500x400
>>47516921
>Copying a Bribery with High Tide, Twincast and Reiterate in hand

Magical Christmasland abound

Also it didn't come off as making me feel bad, I'm a Johnny to my core and love the weird shit that comes up in this format, so Melek lets me do it at least twice
>>
>>47516229
Anon, how did you know I was making a Jhoira artificer deck? I just put it together today, it's pretty radical actually. Playing Feldon and Muzzio at the same time feels delicious.

>>47516349
Your wincon needs to be Hive Mind+Eternal Dominion.
>>
>>47516969
Put a Dual Casting on Melek. It's like Christmas came early every single game!
>>
>>47516986
You brilliant mad bastard

>>47516970
>Hive Mind+Eternal Dominion
This sounds like hell

Also if I copy Eternal Dominion off the topdeck with Melek, do I get to search twice? How the fuck would that be a wincon with Melek spellslingan?
>>
File: 1326488857516.jpg (56 KB, 848x470) Image search: [Google]
1326488857516.jpg
56 KB, 848x470
>>47516229
>mfw I just realized she works wonders with Stuffy Doll
>>
>>47516568
Go to bed Sol Ring, no one wants you here.
>>
File: 1463791927000.jpg (3 MB, 2952x5248) Image search: [Google]
1463791927000.jpg
3 MB, 2952x5248
How often does the game turn into archenemy for you /tg/? Is it usually deserved or do you just have a shitty group that has the worst threat assessment?
>>
>>47516349
Dont forget sac effects
>steal their shit
>hit them with it
>sacrifice them all
>>
>>47517045
>You brilliant mad bastard
You're damn right, you better do it.

>This sounds like hell
It's an amazing situation. It's like the Great Snake Mistake but possibly more hilarious.
>>
>>47517479
>It's like the Great Snake Mistake but possibly more hilarious.
But how does it WORK when it's on your topdeck

Do you copy it and you get to search twice? And everyone else only gets to search once?
>>
>>47517506
>But how does it WORK when it's on your topdeck
If you have Eternal Dominion as the topdeck with Melek (or if you copy it via Twincast or whatever), you get two copies, yeah. With a Melek and a Hive Mind, you get two copies and everyone else gets one, every turn forever, yes. IF you're on "clone my own spell tribal", it'd be a deeply enjoyable way to end games.
>>
>>47516515
>nin steal-burn-draw

I brewed such a deck once upon a time. It tended to cost hideous amounts of mana to pull off anything of interest. 3 mana for a threaten effect, URx where x= toughness. Ideal plays involve, I dunno, taking something with a valuable tap effect or something, and it takes a bare minimum of 6 mana, assuming you took a 1 toughness creature. 6 mana is a lot to remove a creature, draw a card, and maybe get an effect off the creature.
>>
currently building izzet spell slinger

I want to abuse precursor and hedron grinder. Probably that one eldrazi that mirrorwaves your board acordingly to the top of your deck.
I'm looking at things with more awesome utility like blue single targets spells that cantrip and would be good to copy. also red spells that deal x number of damage that I cam assign after copies are made.

I want to live the dream, help me out /tg/
>>
>>47517653
chamber of manipulation is a great card
>>
>>47517380
Oh it's entirely deserved when I play Godo. That deck blows them out real bad
>>
>>47517380
only when my deck is op as well as annoying. I've built decks that run the table into the ground but I'm pretty chill and have a ton of variety in power level across my decks. I can usually keep the salt at a minimum level unless I'm really trying to antagonize.

one game in a 2v me because I was brutalizing a guy with no defence and keeping maelstrom wanderer.deck off his colours with LD. to be fair the wanderer deck was a dick known to get butt hurt.
>>
>>47517653

Yeah this is a good point, the only way it really works the way you want it is to have lots of automatic steal effects like dominus of fealty
>>
>>47517702
>chamber of manipulation
True that. And there are a few options in terms of threaten effects that don't break the bank in terms of mana cost. Things that trigger later, like roil elemental, or as >>47517950 mentioned, dominus of fealty. But such cards often few and far between, as well as vulnerable, and all are a bitch to tutor for in UR. So it's a pretty difficult strategy to wield to any impressive effect, as much as it appeals to me.

Now, Brion Stoutarm threaten deck, I can get behind that.
>>
>Gisa
Fucking zombies everywhere

>Alesha
Reanimator value/combo

>Gahiji
Naya Planeswalkers aka tokens and fogs

>Olivia 2.0
Casual Vampire Tribal

What should I build next? My collection of decks is slowly rebuilding after I took them all apart. I have tons of ideas, but I feel like they'll just be decks I've played before.
>>
>>47518084
the problem I have with that is the lack of recurring effects in the colors while blue has stuff like seasinger, empress Galina, that artifact you tap for power<islands. I can't really think of any red except blinking creatures or something. I have built stout arm but than flinging malignus with dictate of double damage it was pretty uneventful deck. how do you fix this?
>>
File: Sigarda host of herons.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Sigarda host of herons.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
So I made an Avacyn, Angel of Hope anti-removal deck but I found exile and sacrifice are around every corner.
Should I try to retool it into a Sigarda deck?
I just want a deck where my stuff stays on the battlefield for once.
>>
What's the best WRB commander for an enchantment based deck. I'm building manifest blink. I also need ways to bounce the enchantment that manifest cards and manifested spells to cast from hand.

deck should go like morph/manifest blink or bounce for profit. it's probably going to be durdley but my current playgroup are pretty chilled and I need to show them something fun instead of power creep.
>>
>>47518482
Doesn't sound like WRB at all. Sounds like you want Roon or Brago or something. Flickering the cloudforms and lightforms. I don't know of any particularly good mardu commanders for that purpose.
>>
>>47518468
yes adding all of the indestructible things like gods and darksteel things, kaldra's armour etc. things like adding protection from colors would also be good. if your meta is too wrathful play against that. nothing changes a meta faster than making cards dead in hand.
>>
>>47518482
Mardu colors are pretty bad for this, you want Roon if you're doing Morph/Manifest tribal
>>
>>47518556
I want it basically for the great enchantment support and red has better morphs than green. I think brago lends itself to a more voltrony build that I'm confortable with. I'm guessing I can wait for those 4 colour comamders wurg deck for the win.
>>
>>47518138
No Blue? No Voltron? No beatface?

Then go either the following:
>Bruna
Pros: Prettiest of the three Avacyn Sisters, can bitchslap someone with a single combo/Intuition. Tends to be played Auratron/Combo.
Cons: Can feel very one trick.
>Jenara
Pros: Can be built plenty of ways: Enchantress, Countersmatter, good stuff, etcetc. 3 drop Flyer for 3 makes for a alternative Commander damage wincon.
Cons: Vanilla as shit. Bant in general is pretty samey.
>Daxos of Meletis
Pros: Shirtless badass gets in there no problem. Can hold a sword. His theft ability can be useful.
Cons: Good luck with the rest of the deck.
>Medomai, the Ageless
Pros: Actually not bad. Extra turns are always welcome. Encourages saboteur effects and control.
Cons: Can't swing a second time himself.
>Zur, the Enchanter
Pros: It's fucking Zur.
Cons: It's fucking Zur.
>>
>>47518468

sigarda is better than avacyn for this but in my opinion trying to keep your stuff on the field is a losing battle, wizards decided (unfairly, in my opinion) that its more bullshit to face a board of unremovable creatures than it is to be unable to ever stick a creature on the board for more than a turn

so they made cyclonic rift and toxic deluge, etc, etc

instead you should supplement hexproof and indestructible effects with recursion. its more effective to plan on your shit getting removed, just to bring it back afterward

white-green is great for this but white-green-black is probably the ideal color combo
>>
>>47518138
>>47518666
You forgot
>Shu Yun
>>
Welp, I've been on a deck building spree as of late, or at the very least brewing up a storm. My irl decks at the moment include

>Xenagos, God of Beatsticks
Midrange Xenagos that needs major retooling and a revamp of the mana curve but was my first deck that I've kept for a while. Have had it for over a year now and is still pretty fun,

>Kothophed
Fat mana mono-black control with a heavy amount of artifact ramp and removal. Is actually incredibly fun, still needs some things like Toxic Deluge and eventually damnation

>OG Sigarda
WG goodstuff with a decent amount of ramp and is my slowest, but in general most fair deck. Sigarda is just a nice beatstick/five drop for the deck. Still needs a lot of cards but it's been working well for me so far.

Now I'm thinking about what to build next if not just retooling Xenagos or making it into Atarka. Was thinking Kruphix since it's relatively easy to build as a control deck
>>
>>47518468

one option i recommend is captain sisay

it lets you find the silver bullet protection you need when you need it instead of it sitting in the command zone letting everybody know when and what they need to wipe your board

one of my favorite ways to play sisay is to get a yeva nature's herald out reasonably early and then just react to my opponents attempts to remove my things one at a time, sacrifice effect comes out, i flash in sigarda, somebody targets sisay with an exile effect, i flash in new sigarda, board wipe happens? i flash in saffi eriksdotter to keep sisay on the board so i can rebuild immediately

even if you dont go with sisay, you can look at my decklist to give you ideas on sigarda if you like

i especially recommend ghostway and the new card Eerie Interlude as catch-all options for dodging boardwipes

they work especially well with eternal witness, and also seedborn muse, eternal witness to get them back so you can dodge the next board wipe, and seedborn muse so you can be tapping out and flashing in threats on each turn while still leaving up mana to dodge board wipes
>>
Are there any soldier token generators in mono red, especially those that are activated from red mana payments?

Say, in conjunction with a braid of fire?
>>
>>47519103
Not in mono red to my knowledge, sorry. What deck is it for?
>>
>>47519130
Soldier tokens.
>>
>>47519147
Which commander?
>>
File: RR.jpg (186 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
RR.jpg
186 KB, 480x680
>>47519103
Is colorless close enough?
>>
>>47519147
>>47519103

according to gatherer, there are 6 red cards that have the words "soldier" "creature" "token" in their rules text, only 1 is mono red, akroan crusader

4 of the other 5 are red white dual colored, 1 is hybrid red-white

assemble the legion
blaze commando
goblin trenches
rise of the hobgoblins
sunhome guildmage

of those, goblin trenches and sunhome guildmage interact with braid of fire decently well, being activated abilities

but blaze commando could theoretically be used with braid of fire if you run instant speed burn spells
>>
>>47519176
>>47519210
>>47519228
Red/White, probably Aurelia.
>>
>>47518666

No blue right now, but I have Force and Snapcasters. You are also correct about no voltron. I was thinking about doing Tromokratis, which covers both.

>Bruna
Done to death in my meta

>Jenara
Agreed that Bant is pretty much cancer. I have thought about doing Bantwalkers instead of Naya, which opens up more combat tricks. Jenara would be a decent lead.

>Daxos
He's cool with a neat ability, and I have a full Sword package I'm not using. I fear it would end up as too much generic UW, which I've already done to death.

>Medomai
I have a signed one, actually, and I've thought about it. I have a bunch of time magic from my old Jeleva deck. My problem is I think it wouldn't be much fun to play long term.

>Zur
Nah. Too easy. I took apart my old decks because they were too consistent in my meta. Most then anyway. I had 14 of them. I don't want to touch Zur because I know what I'm capable of doing with him.
>>
>>47519247
Then I'd say Assemble the legion is overall your best bet for dude making, make sure to include impact tremors and purph because they're pretty good ways to ramp up the damage. Goblin Trenches is pretty cool if you have a way of getting the land back a la Sun Titan
>>
How do people win with zur?

One guy in my meta built him but ended up taking it apart because zur kept dying in response to equipping boots, or the boots got destroyed or he just got board wiped the next turn

I have a feeling that he built his deck to be too reliant on zur and should've focused on a more general esper control shell and devoted just a few slots to his zur tutor toolbox
>>
Hi guys. Totally new to Magic, a couple of friends and I are getting into it. Where's the best place to learn my way around? I'm a competent hearthstone player, but aside from that the only card game I have considerable experience in is Yugioh which I played as a kid.
>>
>>47519897

if you have at least 4 friends total trying to play, i recommend drafts, dont really work with 2 or 3 players but if you got 4, they are perfect for noobs to learn

you can look up the rules of magic on the internet but the basics come real quick as you play, and the specifics of the more confusing stuff you'll figure out over time as the situations arise, dont fret because lots of veterans dont know all the different rules situations either, they get along just fine with knowledge of the important parts
>>
>>47519897
The lgs is also a good place for info, also decide what format(s) you guys are looking into if its edh pick up some preconstructed commander decks and go wild then as you get more experienced try adding your own cards, also OPs post has alot of good sites on everything commander
>>
>>47518241
Reanimator, boyo. Zealous conscripts, molten primordial, that one manticore. And then you run sweet sweet white reanimate effects. Feldon, too.

I've not made the deck, but I have a Feldon deck that is loaded down with steal effects and sac outlets, and has operated much to my liking. I imagine there are a lot of parallels, but with sweet white reanimation. Also, the ability to destroy enchantments, thank god.
>>
>>47519301
Mobilization is pretty sweet too.
>>
File: Sprouting+Thrinax+%5BC13%5D.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Sprouting+Thrinax+%5BC13%5D.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
I have a question. Does Nim Deathmantle + Ashnod's Altar + Sprouting Thrinax go infinite? I could have sworn I saw this work and put it into my deck and tried to do it with some buddies and It doesn't seem like it does but I could be terribly wrong.
>>
>>47520488
You will get 2 1/1 creature each time so yes

>put mantle on thrinax
>sac thrinax to altar (2) mana
>put mantle then thrinax death effects on the stack
>create 3 creatures from thrinax
>sac a creature to altar (4)mana
>Activate deathmantle and put thrinax into play
You have a thrinax+mantle attached and 2 1/1 saprolings
Repeat
>>
File: images(7).jpg (15 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(7).jpg
15 KB, 223x310
>>47520575
Add purphoros for maximum kek
>>
File: 67.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
67.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>47520488
Or Mitotic Slime with Altar and Deathmantle.
>>
>>47520575
oh ok cool thanks! I figured so bu needed some clarification.

>>47520600
Yeah he is already in there for the most amount of keks possible
>>
Just won a crazy 2headed giant edh game with a nekuar deck. I finished off with a wheel in deal, a response of a mortify to nekuzar, we respond by casting my increasing vengence, followed by two of my nephilim teammates reiterate, bought back and casted again. I finished it off with a flashback on increasing vengence to seal the deal and used my opponents stolen sol ring for the last mana we needed to pull it off.
>>
>>47521586
*Nekuzar
Its late
>>
>>47521596
If you're gonna fix your writing, at least fix it properly. It's only one letter, but jesus christ, or is the 'z' a meme that I haven't heard of?
If it is, Nekuzzzar would be better since he's so boring that every his deck puts me to sleep.
>>
>>47521913

Your joke literally cured my insomnia

Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow
>>
File: dex.png (447 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dex.png
447 KB, 1024x768
The only deck I currently have complete is Ezuri.

Darien and Mayael are being built from the pieces of a Tajic and a Tolsimir.
>>
>>47516824
i know its a huge mana sink but nin's effect plus threaten effects would net you a bunch of cards and kill there creatures at least. i suppose a basilisk collar would fix that
>>
>>47519897
Draft is the best way for netting cards, learning deckbuilding and just having fun.
>>
>>47517416
What kind of stuff should I run as sac outlets? Ashnod's Altar/Greater Gargadon? I don't usually run a lot of sac outlets so this is new for me
>>
I'm planning on buying one pre constructed commander deck. Whick one is the most competitive and which one got more value?
RW deck looks cool but dunno if I should invest in it.
>>
>>47523860

Forgot to mention it but Im talking baout this year preconstructed commanders.
>>
>>47523557
I dislike Mayael almost as much as I do the cascade slot machine dude. Both strike me as dumb commanders with mainly luck factor. Then again, I think that the players who play those are dumb and just want to maximize the threats and do nothing else but play lottery. Same kind of players who lose to Pithing Needle for not playing removal. Sadly, their only strategy is to play Mayael and hope to hit threats with her.
It's kinda sad, really.
>>
>>47523860
>>47523880
It mainly depends on your interests and style of play. The BW one seems to be pretty bad, but BG and UR seem to be pretty solid. I got the UG one and I thought it was fun, but the deck offers no tricks and is pretty boring. Same goes for the RW one, but I think that Anya and Kalemne are decent, but the latter is just a dumb beater. Depends on your meta, but here's my insights.
>>
>>47523826
Nah you want Carnage Altar and Culling Dais
>>
>>47523860
>>47523880
So, they vary is your answer.

Value-wish, UR/RW are the best, UG/BG are ok but unexciting, and BW is shit.
Competitive-wise: UG/BG are far and away the best out of the box, UR is solid, RW is pretty meh, and BW is shit.

Overall: BW is shit, don't buy it. The others are all decent in their own way. Personally, I'd probably buy two decks: UR and BG. The commanders are mostly excellent, the decks are solid, and there's decent value scattered among them.
>>
>>47524012
mayael lottery is half the fun though

i just want a deck that i can play big stuff with and mayael does that pretty well
>>
>>47516349
Alright /edh/ I finished it

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/local-wizard-steals-everything/

It'd never stand up in a high-power meta but I want to give it a shot, and could use suggestions on what to add/cut. Definitely needs more lands
>>
>>47524599
Empress Galina could get cut. She puts a huge, huge target on your back. You could probably sub that in for a boardwipe, I don't see any in here

Mark of Mutiny isn't great either because it's a permanent buff on an opponent's creature, and that could come back to bite you in the ass
>>
What are some good budget enchantments or artifacts for a gringrim zombie token deck? I'm making a casual somewhat decent deck to play with my sister and i'm new to mtg so I don't know the older spells.
>>
What are the best commanders for making BIG hydras?
>>
File: Commanders.png (592 KB, 977x457) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
592 KB, 977x457
I'm having a shit ton of fun brewing Meren

>>47525640
Omnath?
>>
File: 1460088624505.gif (939 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
1460088624505.gif
939 KB, 500x337
>Have cards in the mail.
>They were supposed to arrive tomorrow, but they normally come earlier from TCG, so expecting them today.
>Last night I got a package update that said "Arrived at Hub" in the town I live in.
>No idea what that shit means, has never happened before, and our town doesn't have a distribution hub.
>It hasn't updated in like a day and a half now.
>They updated the delivery date to today.
>Still no update, or sign of the mailman.
>I'm going to go play Commander today, but with no new decks apparently.
FUCK OFF USPS
>>
>>47525838
>Mail doesn't run on Memorial Day
>>
>>47525640
>Kruphix big mana
>assorted simic general with +1/+1 counter synergy
>rosheen meanderer
>marath
>animar
>mazirek

Jarad could be sweet, since you can then burn people with huge hydras, but there is not any direct synergy.
>>
File: 320582358230582.gif (117 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
320582358230582.gif
117 KB, 650x450
>>47525891
Holy fuck. I am platinum mad right now. I completely forgot about Memorial Day. Why the fuck would they change the date to today then? God damn.
>>
>>47525640
Rosheen meanderer is a fun card for that. Toss in some more accelerants and go to town on people.
>>
>>47525912
>Wondering why a government-run organization would do something stupid
>>
>>47525899
Is rosheen's ability that good though? Ive seen people using her for hydra tribal but im not sure why.
>>
File: ds2-headless-enemy.jpg (106 KB, 1260x560) Image search: [Google]
ds2-headless-enemy.jpg
106 KB, 1260x560
So here is the third update of my Mimeoplasm deck I've been working on for-fucking-ever.

Major changes:
>took out most of the shitty mill
>removed dead weight cards
>focused on +1/+1 counter/discard theme
>beefed up the removal package
>threw in some more bombs

What do you guys think? I know I need more protection from flying, but I'm hoping that spot-removal will be good enough. The average CMC is just below 4, and if I'm lucky I'll get at least one rock or dork early game and be in good shape.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/assembled-from-the-grave/
>>
>>47526001
Chasm Skulker seems like it might be up your alley.
>>
>>47526149
>Chasm Skulker
Amazing, absolutely perfect. It's going in there right now. Overall, does it look competitive? My playgroup is moderately serious, but not quite Spikes.
>>
>>47525988
Gets you a 4/4 at least

Also with Thousand-Year Elixir you can do it twice
>>
>>47524599
Anyone? pls help
>>
>>47526497
Not bad so far. Definitely needs more sac outlets. Ashnod's Altar, Phyrexian Altar; a silly one I like is Mogg Cannon. This is one of the few times Safe Haven is decent. Steal a creature, exile it with a land, hard to get back.
>>
>>47526497
your card draw is pretty low power level and your ramp could be a lot better. Isolation chamber isn't really helping your strategy at all, but it is cool so I can understand keeping it.

Cards I ran in my mimeoplasm deck that I would add:
-Shaman of the Forgotten ways
-sultai ascendancy
-Zendikar resurgent and/or mana reflection
-compulsive research
-plated crusher
-invisible stalker
-death's shadow
-craterhoof
-compulsive research
>>
>>47526637
Think you're quoting the wrong guy. That's a Melek steal things deck, not Mimeoplasm.
>>
>>47526227
It looks moderately serious. Personally I would cut some of the more Vanilla stuff like Gaea's Revenge for more potentially backbreaking stuff like Woodfall Primus or Terastadon. Gaea's may make your commander hard to hit but by the same token you're playing black and having a suite of reanimation should dissuade people from spending removal on you. Also I'm not a big fan of cards like Achefiend and Desecration Demon just because any competent opponent will always make the right decision. Consider Eternal Witness, Deadwood Treefolk, or Phyrexian Delver as alternatives that will help your commander or other cards stick to the field or if you still want forced sac effects, Merciless Executioner and Fleshbag Marauder are excellent. Discard is hard to make work in multiplayer but Syphon Mind is cool and Mindslicer is fuckin' stronk. While I love Grimoire it is slow as fuck. Living Death will be similar if you run a proper set of grave hate; Withered Wretch, Scavenging Ooze, Bojuka Bog, maybe more depending on your meta. Isolation Cell is kinda weak and I'm certain you can find a better use of 4 mana.
>>
>>47526637
>>47526664
oh fuck my bad was meant for >>47526001

sorry melek guy. You're deck idea is based as fuck btw
>>
>>47526697
>Woodfall Primus
That looks pretty stronk, I'll see what I can do about swaping things around. The GGG kind of scares me off, since I'm not really used to three colour decks, but I see your point.

I like to run Archfiend and Desecration as soft removal/attrition. As much as a smart opponent will always make the best choice, I tend to enjoy limiting the field so it's a little bit more difficult to overwhelm me with a swarm of flying tokens, or something.

Isolation Cell is kind of weak, if it was lower cost or I could get it out earlier it'd be awesome, but in my mind i had this awesome plan of stumping someone T2 with isolation cell and a sol ring, but that's not particularly practical.

I think I will remove Grimoire, but I mostly had it in there to remove newlamog/jin/vengeful pharaoh if they get stuck in my hand at an early turn.

Mindslicer is going in 100%, I would love to add a sire of insanity, but I can't rationalize playing 4 colour jank just for one card. The idea isn't so much to control people through hand discard, moreso slow down people with very fast decks and/or keep people who realize I'm a threat off my back.

How do you feel about nephalia moon drakes? I know as a vanilla creature it isn't very good, but it might be an excellent sneaky surprise to suddenly give my field of fatties a giant buff.

>>47526637
>Shaman of the Forgotten Ways
I want one of those, and a Gyre Sage. I'll work on acquiring one. I don't think I can afford a death's shadow at the moment, but it's definitely on the list, and I'm looking to get a craterhoof, but I think it might cause a lot of bitching.

Sultai ascendancy is also on my trade list as well, thank you for reminding me!
>>
File: 1327603830629.png (6 KB, 246x271) Image search: [Google]
1327603830629.png
6 KB, 246x271
>>47526587
I'll definitely find room for Safe Haven and Mogg Cannon. Safe Haven is vicious

>>47526711
>You're deck idea is based as fuck btw
>mfw someone likes my terrible deck idea
>>
>>47526917
Triple G by the time you have enough mana to cast it should almost never be an issue, or you'll be pitching it to the yard and Mimeing it so it doesn't matter. Nephalia Moondrakes is alright. Personally I use Filth in my self discard Glissa along with Tomb which you already have. Wonder is also an option in your color combo.
>>
>>47527009
Well, I am in a good position to offer advice, since I run the same deck already, just with Mizzix commanding. Oh, in the same vein as Safe Haven, Helvault is good here too.
>>
>>47527127
What do you think should come out for those?
>>
>>47526917
Me again >>47527040
If token swarms are an issue in your meta find a spot for Massacre Wurm. Then you can laugh in the face of weenie players.
>>
>>47527208
I would probably drop Elixir or Feldon's Cane for Mogg Cannon, and just an Island for Safe Haven.
>>
File: Image.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
I'm looking for weird mono-red control cards like pic related. Any suggestions?
>>
>>47527225
I actually have a massacre worm, I'll slot it in. Thanks so much! How do you feel about reaper of the abyss? I think he compliments dictate of erobos and butcher of malikar nicely, but I'm not sure if I want to go that route yet. I was thinking about putting in a whip instead of isolation cell.
>>
>>47527374
Caverns of Despair
Price of Progress to punish greedy mana bases
>>
>>47527374
war's toll
>>
Is there a way to make Zur a fun Tokens deck?
>>
>>47527404
My only complaint about Reaper is that his art is super boring. He looks decent enough, solid ability, nice bod. I've never used it so I can't really say but he essentially reads cast any targeted kill spells twice which seems good.
>>
>>47527579
what about his ability makes you think tokens?
>>
>>47527617
looking for enchantments to buff up tokens. I don't want to win through Commander Damage. Is there another way to make Zur a fun commander? Btw any recommendations for esper fun commanders are welcome.
>>
>>47527670
Marieke Ri Berit is fun
>>
>>47524599
Willbreaker seems like a weird/redundant choice, considering most of the targeted spells are mind control effects anyway
>>
>>47516229
Maybe the wrong place for this, but I need to ask. I'm cashing out. So far the value of my rares alone is $550, plus commons/uncommons, 150 old Zendikar full-arts, tokens, deck boxes, etc.

Anyone who's cashed out: What's a good starting price to list this out?
>>
>>47517380
Most of my friends play the commander 2015 decks, where as I have a Rakdos, Lord of Riots deck based around just summoning as many demons as possible. All it takes is me summoning 5 7 cost demons in a turn and suddenly "I'm the bad guy".

Because of this I am looking to make a more fun EDH deck but I don't know where to start.
>>
>>47527670
chromium. because you should make things block it.
>>
>>47527841
Grand Arbiter Augustine IV is a good idea.
>>
>>47527857
>Grand Arbiter Augustine IV
This seems like the opposite of a fun deck...
>>
>>47527897
Well, he WAS a bad dude.
>>
>>47527897
You should specify:

Fun for you, or fun for the group?
>>
>>47527915
Fun for the group, Rakdos Lord of Riots dropping every creature in my hand on 4th turn is already fun for me.
>>
>>47527670
sydri if you take out most of the no fun combos. I built her without lattice, blightsteel, disk, memnarch, a triskelion combo, or anything else particularly busted. The only combo I have is sharumn + phyrexian metamorph and thtas by accitdent. Esper tinker soldiers is the most fun deck I have ever built
>>
>>47527930
I wanted to do Mono-black Zombies but the only Commanders I could find were Gisa and New Kalitas. I'm not a fan of Gisa and Kalitas is expensive.
>>
can we talk about good and obscure etb effects and the blinkers that abuse them.
I want to use rishadan cutpurse
>>
>>47527797
ebay or craigslist are pretty much your best bet online. Not to sound like a total faglord, but I would ask around at my local shop first.. This way you give back to your local community and you get to help build someones collection. Plus you won't have to pay for shipping. This is for the bulk stuff. When all you have left is the big money cards they will go in a month or two on ebay
>>
>>47527841
ezuri might be a good choice. He's a lot more subtle of a threat while still being at a high-enough powerlevel. It sounds like your group is overreacting to things that just look really powerful/are just big mana sinks
>>
File: 1327081936413.png (171 KB, 492x357) Image search: [Google]
1327081936413.png
171 KB, 492x357
>playan Newzuri
>T2 Void Attendant against Jhoira
>his face when he realizes he'll never resolve a fatty for the rest of the game
>>
File: Is this even viable.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Is this even viable.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
Alright senpai pam I want to make an Edh on these two. How do I make them viable any ideas?
>>
>>47527968
You could do Sidisi
>>
>>47527998
Local Shop is dead. Owner would buy singles and put them up on eBay instead of selling them in shop.
>>
>>47528118
Charisma
>>
>>47528308
am i supposed to just make the deck full of cards that replace themselves?
>>
File: rakdos.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
rakdos.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
How does one make a Ragnaros deck that isn't shitty? Every decklist online is check full of shitty enablers and don't have any kind of kohesive strategy because trying to get there with mediocre pingers.

I've tried pingers, reanimator, and BR artifact durdle. My next attempt might be pseudo-voltron that tries to just keep him alive long eough to go DIE! DIE! DIE!
>>
>>47528091
What is removal?
>>
>>47528351
Well a lot of card draw is essential. I've found Flame Jab to be really strong for this sort of thing as well.
>>
>>47528367

i think he works best with a low cmc aggro creature filled deck, so that youre getting value as you enable his ability, rather than running shit cards just to enable him

obviously this is best with cards that have etb and combat damage effects because small amounts of damage arent high impact

reanimation is good too though as an alternate plan to do something with those fatties in your hand if you cant pull off any rakdos shenanigans
>>
File: rakdos_lord_of_derp.png (717 KB, 819x575) Image search: [Google]
rakdos_lord_of_derp.png
717 KB, 819x575
>>47528367
Embrace the suck or pick another commander
>>
>>47528351
Make Teferi the Commander and call it "YES WE CANTRIP!"
>>
is there anything worse than punfags?
>>
File: 1355267352112.png (74 KB, 213x233) Image search: [Google]
1355267352112.png
74 KB, 213x233
>do a mass entry from a Tappedout list
>almost hit buy
>almost miss that the commander isn't in the fucking cart

You'd think I'd know by now
>>
File: Karametra wallpaper.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Karametra wallpaper.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
Anyone have any experience with Karametra? Seems like an easy way to get value out of cheap big fatties. Get out an Elemental Bond/Garruk's Packleader or something then just try and keep dropping more and more fatties every turn.
>>
>>47525958
You could copy rosheens ability with stuff like illusionish braces/Rings of bearthheart and untap creatures
>>
>>47528666

neither the bracers nor the rings can copy rosheen's mana ability
>>
>>47525640
Sasaya orochi acendant big green mana tribal
>>
>>47528609
Hm, well, cards like whitemane lion and fleetfoot panther are your best bet for pulling out lands from your library since they bounce themselves. Cards like Awakening/soul of the harvest work great with them. Generally you're pretty non threatening due to being gw ramp so usually you're free to start doing silly things before you become the target. Genesis wave is always a good finisher. Vorinclex as well. GW good stuff is always an option with her. Tireless Tracker seems like decent value. Just some suggestions
>>
>>47519388
Doomsday
>>
>>47523826
Altar of dementia
Sac a dude and they mill cards = to its power
>>
>>47516349
Maybe make yasova.dek instead? Still, love your idea.
>>
File: images(8).jpg (20 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(8).jpg
20 KB, 223x310
>>47527374
Price of glory
>>
File: images(9).jpg (26 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(9).jpg
26 KB, 223x310
>>47527977
Stonehorn Dignitary
>>
What's a good B/W commander for Onslaught Clerics? Only one I could really find was Athreos, but he does work quite well.
>>
>>47529297

og teysa
>>
>>47529371
Oooh, last time I tried making this deck Ayli wasn't a thing yet, that could be good.
>>
>>47516229
>Nin is probably the closest thing we'll get to a UR artificer
I wouldn't count out Kaladesh, that plane looks to be all about artifacts
>>
>>47529532
So does the price of Steamflogger boss always skyrocket right when a artifact heavy set is announced or is it just Kaladesh.
>>
>>47529583
I'm not sure, but I think Clues were kind of a testbed for Riggers and Contraptions
>>
>>47529109
I'm not big on green, that's my issue with her
>>
>>47529725

y tho
>>
>>47516349
>Who is Marchesa?
>>
>>47529923
Green just feels like "ramp, play fatties, go stompy"
>>
>>47529953

ramp is the only one of those things you HAVE to do with green, and really why wouldnt you wnat to ramp? you have to ramp in every color combo, green just does it the best

you dont have to play fatties or stompy if you dont like, but your strategy was supposed to be stealing other people's creatures anyway, so you were planning on stomping

green gives you SOOOOO many options

with that said

>>47529934
this poster is totally right, marchesa is the actual perfect choice for what you want to do, you get to steal creatures, attack with them, they get a dethrone counter, then you can sac them and at end of turn they come back under your control

not to mention you also have black which lets you steal cards from your opponents graveyards on top of your red and blue effects stealing from their board
>>
>>47516349
Make sure to have my favorite crab and a good way to reliably bounce him.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=247294
God I love this bastard.
>>
>>47530058

seems like one of the most expensive versions of that effect
>>
>>47530146
Yes, but nothing is better than just giving an opponent Crabs,
>>
>>47530177

>muh puns

damn dude, you do you, but that shit infuriates me

ima pretend you didnt say that and just imagine you as a nice guy who likes the art on the crab
>>
File: PTSydriGalvanicGenius16x20.jpg (410 KB, 750x580) Image search: [Google]
PTSydriGalvanicGenius16x20.jpg
410 KB, 750x580
I'm trying to scrap my daretti artifact deck to make an esper artifact combo deck with the two bitches.

It's probably not as good as it could be, but I'm trying to keep it around $200 dollars.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-sydri-artifacts-edh-1/
>>
>>47530194
Also it has a few plus sides, can't respond by killing the crab with a kill spell. If you can bounce your crab back you can do it again. And they either have to bounce the creature you took control of or have a "take control of all creatures you own" effect or else that creature is yours. Where as Mind Control can be destroyed.
I'd say the new Beguiler of Wills is probably better in a lot of situations, but Chromeshell Crab will always have it's place.
>>
>>47530296

actually they can respond by killing the crab, or whoever you choose to exchange with their creature

exchange cant occur unless both are on the battlefield when it resolves

the main advantage of the crab is the instant speed, but other than that its okay as like the 4th or 5th version of that effect
>>
>>47530194
>>47530296
Also the art on it is pretty great.
>>
>>47530370

i agree with that, looks best in the old border i think
>>
File: 1434267984033.jpg (49 KB, 420x303) Image search: [Google]
1434267984033.jpg
49 KB, 420x303
Dear EDH Gods,

Thank you for blessing me with a wonderful deck that thoroughly shat on my FLGS. When I dropped that turn 3 Mimeoplasm, complete with Newlamog and Void Winnower in the graveyard, I thoroughly enjoyed the look on those fools faces. I particularly enjoyed the part when dickface and his Iona deck scooped after casting Iona, declaring green to try and fuck me, before walking right into a doom blade. If you could bless me with continued luck, and maybe this job I'm applying for, I'd be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Anon.
>>
>>47529934
Oh she'd be a good choice too. I don't build a lot with black so I'd have to look around for stuff to use but I might switch to her
>>
I run Kaalia of thhe Vast.
People at my local store generally dont like to play against that deck. "Too broke or unfun"
Meanwhile these people are all playing OTK and infinites. =/
>>
>>47530585

OTK ?
>>
>>47530607
One Turn Kill.
Sorry my lingo may bet a bit off.
Kinda new to edh and mainstream magic
>>
>>47528609
A friend plays her with Landfall triggers and hydras, it's a good deck.
>>
>>47530629
>One Turn Kill.
We usually call that "combo".
>>
>>47530442
This is what happens when you bake "social contract" into the rules of the format, then start selling special products and having sanctioned pods at SGC opens. How naive of Shellgatron to not see this coming.
>>
>>47530442
sounds like a good time
>>
File: images(10).jpg (13 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(10).jpg
13 KB, 223x310
>>47530194
Why you so
>>
>>47530203
Don't be like me and get discouraged thinking about shuroom, everytime I mention the galvanic beauty they mention the cat.
>>
>>47530194
Bro its just a game
>>
File: 3.jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
56 KB, 312x445
Dumb idea or dumbest idea?
>>
File: images(11).jpg (14 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(11).jpg
14 KB, 223x310
>>47530194
>>
>>47530794
Go for it, tokens and anthems are the best way to go about it, Darksteel Plate and Avacyn protect your stuff.
>>
>>47530794
it's not the dumbest, you didn't suggest the green or blue Kirin
>>
>>47530776

The game has nothing to do with it, I'm triggered by puns in any context, I hate them so much
>>
File: images(12).jpg (18 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(12).jpg
18 KB, 223x310
>>47530194
Dont get your panties in a
>>
>>47530863

For some reason if a pun is shitty enough, like yours, it doesn't bother me, kinda snaps me out of the rage actually
>>
File: Image (2).jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (2).jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>47530874
Well that was certainly a
>>
>>47530894

Thanks for those bro, feeling a lot better now
>>
File: images(13).jpg (14 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(13).jpg
14 KB, 223x310
>>47530874
Maybe its just a
>>
File: images(14).jpg (17 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
images(14).jpg
17 KB, 223x310
>>47530924
No worries broham, maybe it was
>>
File: 093.jpg (39 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
39 KB, 312x445
All these puns are giving me
>>
>>47530717
>>47530796
>>47530863
>>47530894
>>47530963
>>47530976
These all lack humor they are not punny at all
>>
>>47531142

shhhh

I'm feeling chill now and you're just gonna bring out the heavy hitting puns from the woodworks talking like that
>>
>>47516349
Really sounds like Marchesa with Melek in the 99 would make for a better deck. But if you want to do it, go for it, that's what makes EDH fun
>>
File: peanis.png (244 KB, 623x407) Image search: [Google]
peanis.png
244 KB, 623x407
>Yisan

Oh look at me I can turn a card sideways 3-4 times and win the game

I hope my opponents don't have spot removal or my entire plan goes to shit
>>
>>47530963
>Dropping this and then Clockspinning it twice is a marvelous feeling after a 4 and a half hour game
>>
>>47532030
>4 and a half hour game

Your group needs more fucking card draw
>>
>>47532088
I know. That was a while ago. I've been running a lot of red recently and that includes Wheels, and I think they've started to realize that a fuller hand is a good thing
>>
Can Razia be a commander?
>>
>>47532316
Why couldn't she be? Aside from being awful, of course.
>>
>>47532316
Can? Yes

Should? No
>>
>>47532030
>play newzuri
>try to sage of hours combo
>player kills it in response
>counter
>another player tries to kill it
>counter
>player counters my counter
>i counter their counter
We all good now?
>durdle through my deck for 30 mins
>elixir of immortality to reshuffle gy
>keep durdling till the table packs up and im still taking turns
Flawless victory
>>
>>47532361

Sudden Death should really be used more. There's so much shit it can kill that would otherwise end the game.
>>
What's some good MLD for Slobad? Currently have ruination as my only piece.
>>
>>47532523

Literally any of the many red MLD spells?
>>
>>47516229
Lets talk about how instead of finishing dual color commander precons and all that, Wizards went full retard and made stupid ass 4 color commanders.
>>
Who's the most fun Boros commander? I believe that the best ones for those colors are Gisela and Aurelia but I was thinking about Basandra since her ability seems neat.
>>
>>47527374
Planar Chaos (the card)
>>
>>47532653
Most fun are probably Gisela (big damage numbers), Aurelia (multiple attack step fun), or Tajic (board wipe fun)

Kalemne if you want to do voltron by casting fatties instead of equipment/auras
>>
>>47532523
Jokulhaups
Impending Disaster
Epicenter
Obliterate
Decree of Annihilation

Post list? I have a slobad deck that's mostly goodstuff artifacts but i wanna switch it to a lower curve stax/LD deck.
>>
>>47532523
Jokulhaups and Obliterate were my MLD pieces of choice in Slobad.
>>
>>47532713
>I have a Slobad deck that's mostly goodstuff artifacts
Best card possible in Slobad? Ugin's Nexus. It's protection, anti-blue hate, *and* a bonus turn, all at once! And if you have a Mirrorworks out with Slobad, it's two turns!
>>
>>47523860
None of the newer ones. Get one with Mimeoplasm or Khallia's precon. If not one of those, the newest ones with value and good commanders are Eternal Bargain (because of Oloro) and Feed whatever the fuck (because of Prossh). Everything else is a waste of time.
>>
>>47532713
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-r-t-i-f-a-c-t-s/

I've been playing it a lot on cockatrice and having a blast with it. I'm looking for advice on what to cut for cards on the maybeboard.
>>
File: 1451584742700.jpg (150 KB, 1640x568) Image search: [Google]
1451584742700.jpg
150 KB, 1640x568
what's the viability of a rakdos mass draw/discard dek (akin to nekuzar) with various slug elements? Been toying around the idea, just having olivia at the helm so that if the game allows me enough of a mana base that I can just control the board with her.
>>
>>47532771
After a cursory look, to cut:

>Splinter Twin
Doesn't really combo with anything, you could have better cards in an artifact based deck, not something I would include just for value.

>All those nonbasics
You're running Ruination but only have 24 basics. I would keep Darksteel Citadel, Great Furnace(can be sac fodder) and Buried Ruins and cut most of the rest.

>Purph.
In this deck it's just a source of small chips of damage, the pump really isn't great either. It would be better with a stronger token theme.

>Strionic Resonator
Not a card I usually include unless my commander has a powerful triggered ability, it's not consistently good enough.

>Cloud Key
In mono-r artifacts costs usually isn't as much of an issue as card draw is, you have all the mana in the world but not enough card draw. Suggest Serum tank as a replacement.

>Expedition Map
Not too many powerful lands to search after you cut down the nonbasics to make Ruination effective. Better in B decks with cabal, less powerful without.

>Other notable exclusions
Trash for Treasure
Scrapyard Salvo
Mana Vault
Scarecrone
Faithless Looting
Nev Disk
Mind's Eye
>>
>>47530674
What does this even mean?
>>
Just built a sweet Xenagos Fight Club for EDH. Question....how risky/worth are mana "hug" effects. Mana flare per se, how can i make it less useful for my opponents?
>>
This is the wrong place to ask but think I'll get good value trying to trade my scapeshift to get the cards for my other deck, Rip Titania
>>
>>47533124
"Hug" effects are super risky and rarely worth it unless your deck is specifically built to benefit from it. Fight Club decks aren't really worth it, in my opinion, but I`m also slightly biased because I tend to Timmy my way through situations like that quite well. Can you post a decklist? I play Xenagos myself and I'm interested to see what you're running.
>>
>>47533124
Do not run flare effects unless you intend on comboing on that turn.
>>
>>47532771
For consideration, I think you should toss in a darksteel forge to combo with lattice and disk
>>
>>47532771
>>47533004
One thing I forgot to add:
Soul of New Phyrexia has been very good to me, as my usual strategy is to land a fatty, make it indestructible and blow up everything and Soul is a great way to do that if Slobad maybe costs too much mana from the command zone or is otherwise unavailable.
>>
>>47533203
I only have it in text form as I'm on my phone and also lazy but here is Xenagos, god of fighting and super trampling.
Xenagos, god of revels 3mf

Ulvenwald tracker f
Genesis hydra xff
Cyclops gladiator 1mmm
Polukranos, world eater 2ff/xxf
Gurzigost 3ff
Pride of lions 3ff
Magus of the arena 4mm
Nessian wilds ravager 4ff
Primordial sage 4ff
Rhox 4ff
Scab-clan giant 4mf
Spinebiter 4ff
Foe-razer regent 5ff
Gruul ragebeast 5mf
Siege behemoth 5ff
Stalking vengeance 5mm
Thorn elemental 5ff
Tornado elemental 5ff
Archetype of endurance 6ff
Deathcoil wurm 6ff
Wolf pack 6ff
Worldspine wurm 8fff

Domri rade 1mf
Arlinn kord 2mf
Garruk relentless 3f
Xenagos, the reveler 2mf

Braid of fire 1m
Mana flare 2m
Overabundance 1mf
Abundance 2ff
Frontier siege 3f
Dictate of karametra 3ff
Guild feud 5m
Warstorm surge 5m
Zendikar resurgent 5ff

Mox diamond 0
Mox opal 0
Mana vault 1
Sol ring 1
Triangle of war 1
Fire diamond 2
Grim monolith 2
Moss diamond 2
Talisman of impulse 2
Atarka monument 3
Basalt monolith 3
Extraplanar lens 3
Gruul keyrune 3
Thran dynamo 4
Gauntlet of power 5
Gilded lotus 5
Caged sun 6

Green sun's zenith xf
Hunt the hunter f
Mutant's prey f
Outmaneuver xm
Prey upon f
Epic confrontation 1f
Manamorphose 1 m/f
Pit fight 1 m/f
Setessan tactics 1f
Harmonize 2ff
Brawl 3mm
Predatory focus 3ff
Alpha brawl 6mm

Ancient tomb
Arena
Cinder glade
Contested cliffs
Copperline gorge
6x Forest
Game trail
Grove of the burnwillows
Gruul turf
Karplusan forest
Kazandu refuge
Kessig wolf run
5x Mountain
Mountain valley
Myriad landscape
Raging ravine
Rootbound crag
Rugged highlands
Skarrg, rage pits
Stomping ground
Taiga
Temple of abandon
Temple of the false god
Wooded foothills
>>
>>47532523

Wake of destruction is beastly but I think it is better in 2 and 3 player than 4 or 5
>>
>>47533538
the card i put in every deck is called tappedout.net

you should try it sometime
>>
>>47533794

But anon, he's lazy xDdd
>>
File: Ruric Thar, Gaper of Anuses.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Ruric Thar, Gaper of Anuses.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>47533538
My eyes, jesus christ.

Few pointers for next time:
>Green mana is usually represented with a capital G
>Same applies to every colour except Blue, which is U because B is black

Do you actually own this deck? There are some weird choices considering you listed some very expensive cards banned cards and very few staples.

Why not pick up a Ruic Thar? In my xenagos deck he was an all-star. Same with Wormcoil Engine and Feldon of the Third Path. I used them with a Kiki Jiki and parallel lives to have a grand old time. I'd also recommend a Deus of Calamity, since he's basically Xenagos' bff.
>>
Something feels so off about EDH. Whenever I play with my friends, it's just a shitfest about who has the strongest board state and who can pump the biggest or most creatures. After everyone gets lethal boards, it turns into a killing carnival that ends extremely quickly. Half of it is politics, and the rest is massive deck shittery. It's just too slow and too memey to get through, and when turns take 15 minutes each I want to seriously kill myself.
>>
>>47530203
> no glassdust hulk
are you even trying to combo?
>>
>>47533851
What banned cards did he list? I don't see any.
>>
>>47533851
Told you lazy. The f for forest thing is personal lol, i do FUSPM. Yeah i own this deck that's why i asked about the hug effects. My only losses come when i can't get a big creature out besides xenagos and my opponents have triple mana. Ruric thar plus fight spells isn't really conducive. The deck is mostly casual and caters to my creature heavy meta. I don't think anything is banned though....am i wrong? Also the most expensive card was grim monolith and I found one for 45. Fight club has been a work in progress for a while now, when the engine gets going i can have 2 fatties out and fight 2 to 3 times a turn consistently, otherwise i dead draw.
>>
>>47533862
After describing a game as "memey", I agree, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>47533862
Start beating face in earlier dude.never leave damage on the board.
>>
I want to build Numot, but I'm scared of being targeted. What do?
>>
File: sire of insanity.jpg (91 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
sire of insanity.jpg
91 KB, 800x585
>>47533938
>Told you lazy. The f for forest thing is personal lol, i do FUSPM
... I try to be generally polite and constructive since /tg/ is clearly the best board on this website, but you're pushing my patience. Just as a tip, neither laziness nor arrogance is something to be proud of and ignorance is worst of all when it's a result of general apathy. I understand you're young, casual, and excited, but mox opal and mox diamond are far too expensive to be thrown in the deck of a fuckwit who can't be arsed to type the correct mana symbol.
>>
>>47533862

This is why my playgroup unbanned infinite combos, so when it gets to the point where turns take 15 minutes, there's really just one turn that takes 15 minutes, and even then you scoop 5 minutes through cuz you know they have it

It means he majority of the game is the part I like, the midgame where every spell counts and every piece of removal spent could make the difference
>>
File: 1332375522779.jpg (399 KB, 1280x810) Image search: [Google]
1332375522779.jpg
399 KB, 1280x810
>>47533538
>this formatting
>this lack of tappedout

>>47533938
>i do FUSPM

Jesus Christ on a cracker, anon
>>
>>47534030
We just went Dead sea levels of salty
>>
>>47533938

FUSPM?

You should at least be consistent and make it FISPM
>>
>>47534125
Or he could just use the established WUBRG system and not look like an idiot.
>>
>>47533538
Is this some sort of joke? Get out of here, retard.
>>
>>47516229
I'm thinking of replacing my casual/janky Jhoira deck with Nin. How do I build around her aside from Stuffy Doll and etc?
>>
>>47534177
>>47534156
>>47534051

All aboard the ruse cruise lmao
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.