[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cypher system for an Endless Legend game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: bl.jpg (957 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bl.jpg
957 KB, 1920x1080
I'm currently working on a game based on Endless Legend. For those not familiar with the setting - the planet was once inhabited by powerful precursors, who left behing a lot of interesting toys. That considered, the game won't be solely focused on murderhobo archeology. Interacting with various NPC groups will also be important.

The question - is Cypher system any good? Never played it myself, just started reading the book after skimming Numenera. Does the system support social interactions properly?
Did you like it, or did you hate it, and why?

Are there any alternative systems for such a setting I'm not aware of?
>>
File: vl.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vl.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
Tactical marine bump.
>>
Interested, but I've never played with the cypher system. From what I heard it seems to hold up for games like yours
>>
>>47500364
I think Cypher will work for you, I've only played Numenera, but your artifacts fit the bill of the fluff of numenera anyway. I don't really like the way the cypher system handles armor, but that's all subjective anyway.
>>
The problem with worldbuilding might arise, because:
Auriga is randomly generated each time
Civilisations advance with different speed and success
Which age: starting, of heroes, of enlightment, of industry or end of eras?
>>
>>47503716

I'll probably go with the age of heroes, or early age of enlightment. The political landscape is still shifting, not the entire world has been explored, etc.

Vaulters, Ardent Mages and the Roving Clans will be major powers. The Broken Lords are still dormant (or are they? dun-dun-dun). Drakken exist, but are rare. Not sure about Necrophages, Wild Walkers and Cultists yet.

I'll make the map myself. Might use an actual game map for inspiration..
>>
>>47500364
Whatever you do, don't sell it or you get sued.
>>
>>47505930

Nah, the whole thing is for personal use only.
>>
>>47500364
I have no idea about the cypher system, never used it, but if you want some lore heads-up on EL lore I am your man on Broken Lords, Cultist and Ardent Mages front.

Also, do you plan on using DLC-based fluff? I found the Allayi and pearls of Auriga a bit meh, but the Guardians and most of all the Forgotten could make for interest lore elements
>>
>>47506522
I'm not particularily impressed by the Allayi either.

I think that the Forgotten will make great boogeymen for Vaulter intelligence service. I'd like to players not to be sure they exist at all. The Guardians are hella cool, not sure how to fit them into the grand scheme of thing yet.

Tell me, is the "Lost Tales" DLC worth getting lore-wise?
>>
>>47506648

Damn, that's some cringey English on my part.
>>
>>47503966
Necrofaggots are ubiquitous antagonists, Cultists are misterious cults and not much more yet, Walkers are slowly going out of their forests.
>>
>>47506648
It's not a great treasure trove of lore, at best you learn interesting trivia about minor factions.

From the top of my head, Arpuja (the harpy-things) are big on reciprocity, the centaurs are often employed as courriers and messengers, delvers like a good festival, ogres are fond of sheeps, sisters of mercy are Auriga's UN (and about as good at their job) and the exile of the Dorgeshi was a setup from the Roving Clans.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.