[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever have a Necromancer BBEG? What was their end goal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Ever have a Necromancer BBEG? What was their end goal?
>>
Ours wanted to unite all peoples across our nation.
>>
>>47499227
To protect the land from devastation?
>>
>>47499205
he's trying to resurrect his friends who got massacred while he was a mercenary
>>
To wake up one of the Greater Skeletons created by a much more powerful necromancer a couple hundred years ago, which he intends to use to conquer a nearby nation state
>>
I will have seven.
6 are Undead Gods who live in the shitty part of the world and use undead to attempt genocide which they believe will eliminate the reason the other gods are here. If those gods leave then they would be able to take a planet with a strong resonation with abnormal magic.
The last is in a very off-kilter Shadowrun game: the "Shadowrun" parts are a simulation run after parts of the Internet became self aware, created by Noogle (the Internet part of Google, altered because it separated from the Meatspace company) to control sentient websites, personalities, and memes. The Necromancy is the Internet itself: when something on the Internet becomes self aware, it will revive it's real world equivalent to some degree (unknown to the virtual entity) and that being will protect the Risen Net at all costs.
>>
Yes. A BBEG was once a Necromancer, but was our crazy Wizard!'s nemesis at the College. This Necromancer was using the dark magics as a font of youth. We encountered him in a final battle when the Wizard! made a successful roll on a "Bold Surprise Attack" and also made a surprising natural 20. We were all laughing OOC so hard, we wondered what would behold the Necromancer. The player decided the Necromancer's bones be turned to wood and his intestines transformed into carpenter ants. All the players but the Wizard! suffered a temporary penalty to their constitution because of how horrifying the execution was.

The reward loot was a medallion, that upon reading the Necromancer's personal Journal, the Wizard! discovered it was a resurrection talisman.
>>
>>47499243
To denounce the evil of truth and love?
>>
>>47499205
He came here with a simple dream. A dream of killing all humans.
>>
My pre-last campaign had a Necromancer vilain.BBEG was a Necromancer Archmage, who had received a vision telling him that the world would be undone by the World Serpent who would soon awaken and destroy the world.The Gods had become too weak, and had used most of their power to put it to sleep, and now with their passing, soon the Serpent would awaken, and consume the world.

The Necromancer, to save the world, would orchestrate the creation of a new God, by sacrificing the souls of an entire continent of people.A planetary grade arcane ritual sacrifice to empower one man, with the power of the souls of a billion people.He would save the world.

The players killed him and never took his warnings seriously and the world was destroyed a thousand years later when the Serpent awoke.
>>
>>47499205
He was terrified of dying and thought if he could control death, he wouldn't have to fear it anymore.
>>
>>47499265
Mine's similar to this, he wanted to revive his friends, and advanced necromancy knowledge in his efforts to do so. He learned how to give undead "free will", though he still had control over them, they could act as commanders and problem solvers on their own without his guidance.

He couldn't figure out how to truly revive his friends with all their memories, though, so he was trying to lure the party to their deaths to convince the wizard to join him in his quest to learn how to truly 100% revive someone.
>>
>>47499205
Raise an undead army,wage war with the gods and turn them into his undead minions.
>>
To murder the warring god-kings who controlled the various countries of the world, and give political power to the plebs, instead of the hero-kings and god-kings and sorcerer-lords and paladin-dukes and so forth who ruled the world.

Basically he wanted to crash the hero economy with no survivors.
>>
>>47499205
Becoming a lich. The fucker did it too.
I regularly RP BBEG's for my DM (something about the accent does it for them) it's good fun and it makes the campaigns more akin to a head to head with a referee as opposed to you against omniscient man.
It actually started out innocent enough. I don't think they were expecting what happened though.
>hey guys, mind if I get in the party for the next few sessions? Kinda wanna mix things up
>GM is BBEG for next few sessions
>roll new party, do a few campaigns in our big fantasy land
>around level 15 my sorcerer finds a tome in a tower
>this ironically coincides with my DM going on vacation
>before she leaves, ominous note of "anon has locked himself in his property"
>DM comes back
>discussing character dev, plans for new campaigns, BBEG's, and cats
>she suggests my sorcerer comes back changed
>we bounce ideas off eachother, finally discover what we needed
>next session players have a choice to reroll or keep their guys
>only our Paladin sticks around
>starts off with them running errands and fetching arcane bits for the now strange and distant sorcerer
>culminates in Paladin stopping party from assassinating local lord from earlier for sorcs plans
>sorcerer seals manor, begins raising dead
>we skeleton apocalypse now
>campaign evolves into a paladin and his merry band of minions going toe to toe with undead apocalypse
>around level 30 paladin fails multiple saves in a one on one duel with sorc, gets killed
>party rogue manages to hit me with a literally one in 100 shot with bow (rolled a 100 on a d100)
>head fluffed him having used the paladin's death as a catalyst for his ascension (powerful paladin of Tempus doesn't die without some effect right?)
>arrow causes it to miscast
>reborn as male lich in female paladin's body with corrupted holy artifacts
>rest of campaign is spent trying to burn me down
>as is fitting, party rogue ends me with a ballista shot
>>
Current main antagonist is an apprentice of the world's most powerful necromancer: a being capable of possessing a dead or dying body in order to cheat death for lord knows how long. This undying necromancer tutored a small class of apprentices in the ways of necromancy, then gave them each a powerful artifact they would need to achieve their own goals.

So back on point, the apprentice that became the main antagonist has entered the Old Kingdoms of Humanity, where there's a few million dead bodies left to rot, and countless spirits that she can use to fuel the artifact she was given. Said artifact will be used to raise every single one of those dead bodies at once and fuse them into a god of death and destruction that will obey her command.

She then intends to turn that god on civilization, destroying the near-omnipresent, anti-magic church and creating a new world order where mages are free to do whatever they want.

What the Big Bad doesn't realize is that her old teacher intends to kill her at the last minute and hijack the design-a-deity for himself and achieve some godhood of his own. Then he will kill everything and force the world to reset Elder Scrolls-style with him as the Supreme Omnipotent Creator.
>>
>>47500012
to extend their reach to the stars above?
>>
Here you go, anons.
>>
>>47501651
What's the accent, eh?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.