[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There has only ever been one lich >And there only ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1431316964309.jpg (576 KB, 800x1236) Image search: [Google]
1431316964309.jpg
576 KB, 800x1236
>There has only ever been one lich
>And there only ever will be one lich
>He finds and kills everyone that might become one
>He says its because the truth of the ritual is too horrible to repeat

>Player is playing a necromancer
>"What a fucking dick, we should kill him"
>>
I like this lich but I'd be at odds with him unless he has a good reason for saying I can't be immortal skeleman. What's the truth of the ritual?
>>
>>47498460

>What's the truth of the ritual?

Admitting your waifu a shit.
>>
>>47498476
I don't even have one. Does that mean I'm already a lich and never knew it?
>>
>>47498503

You can't be a necromancer if you don't have a waifu, and you have to be a necromancer first to become a lich, so you're just not in the running.
>>
>>47498460
Never came up with an explanation.

The Lich actually became the God of Death and was very explicitly LN and possibly the strongest God in existence if he wasn't tying up all his power with Reaper Angels keeping the reincarnation cycle from clogging up and causing the dead to rise and kill everyone.

I was thinking something along the lines of you have to truly fall in love with someone, and then kill them and put their heart into your body to blaspheme nature so thoroughly while reinforcing your own soul to withstand being cast aside by the Great Cycle. But it doesn't actually matter, he kills everyone that gets close to establishing enough necromantic theory to figure it out.
>>
File: God_Hand_Using_Corpses.png (524 KB, 798x573) Image search: [Google]
God_Hand_Using_Corpses.png
524 KB, 798x573
>>47498547
>I was thinking something along the lines of you have to truly fall in love with someone, and then kill them
Sounds like your necromancers needs more Guts before they can take him.
>>
>>47498534
Then why is Mittens crawling around after being hit by a car? All I did was poke her with a stick and she just decided to stop being a road potato. Aren't any necromancers around here as far as I'm aware. Clerics are being pretty deus vult recently.
>>
>>47498913
>tfw Guts was raped by the female (?) God Hand member In a magical rape forest.
>He blew his "load" in her face.
>She liked it.

Berserk has made me a confused man after reading it.
>>
>>47499139
That's just Slann's job.
Remember that she was made out of troll organs when she did the deed, too.
Berserk is certainly inventive when it comes to making the worst of a bad situation.
>>
>>47498547
It's better to never explain the horrors of The Ritual. Leave it up to the players to imagine the unimaginable.
>>
>>47500028
This

Also, Bump
>>
File: 1459737732274.jpg (18 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459737732274.jpg
18 KB, 200x200
>>47500028
>leave the details purposely vague
>players discover the lair of a man trying to become a lich
>There are hundreds of crates of hot sauce, a pair of fishnet stockings, and three baby deer in a cage
>>
>>47500028
>turns out that all the versions of the Ritual are false ones, intentionally disseminated by the Lich to fool the would-be competition to off themselves
That's what I'd do as a lich, anyway
>>
>>47503998
>all the rituals just call the lich
>>
>Every lich that has ever been in any setting is the same fragmented conciousness that has disjoined from the whole, 'The Lich' is a being from aeons ago that was aided in the creation of the metaverse, but was deemed too powerful.
>They do not know why the drive towards Lichdom is so powerful, they mistake it for power, for long life, for prestige and many other reasons that do not matter. The reason is only to return to the whole.
>However, an unforeseen addition to the ritual was the phylactery, created by those that oppose the 'The Lich' regaining his fragmented conicousness. It traps the tiny piece of 'The Lich' away from, like the body before.
>Brave adventures who storm the dungeon and shatter the phylactery are actually fulfilling the Prophecy of Returning, allowing 'The Lich' to regain more and more of his strength.
>Aeons of shattered isolation have angered 'The Lich' for his wrongful imprisonment and now truly will end the Metaverse he helped create.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.