[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My SR group is a bunch of Operators, and they all seem to want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: yI9gInR.jpg (740 KB, 1920x1314) Image search: [Google]
yI9gInR.jpg
740 KB, 1920x1314
My SR group is a bunch of Operators, and they all seem to want to get a job guarding a big-ass ship, something along the lines of being mercenaries hired out for about 6 months to make that sweet dollar dollar.

What kind of adventure hooks and scenarios could they expect to find guarding a giant ship for around 6 months?
>>
Somali pirates.
>>
Escaped cryptids. Animal contraband is a thing.
>>
>>47490441
Actually, sorry, that's too simple.

Mutiny. Staged by rival corp who got some agents among the crew and the unions raising unrest. It has been staged for months and just erupted when PCs were on the job and the ship was shipping special cargo (weapon prototype, new alloy, etc.).
One of the options should be letting mutineers and loyal crew tear each other to pieces while PCs escape with the special cargo.
>>
>>47490430
Things from the bottom of the sea
Attacks from giant mutated seagulls
Getting caught up in a drug war because of helping transport dangerous goods
Transporting a suspicious scientist along with his delicate experiments
Transporting a Tridio star over the ocean and fending off paprazzi with non-lethal weapons while defending from an actual assassination attempt.
>>
>>47490567
>Transporting a suspicious scientist along with his delicate experiments
We Firefly now?
>>
>>47490583
I have been saving that show for a time when I can marathon the whole thing while eating good food and cuddling with my SO, no spoilers.

Maybe you could have the ship be a target for another shadowrunning crew while docked at a port?
Or get approached by corrupt police who want to take a cut of the ships profits?
Or have the party encounter life boats of people that don't speak any language the party knows (double points if the boats are filled with skinwalkers)?
>>
Make it a lot of downtime and conversation with the crew. Make them start to enjoy the crew, and make some friends with the NPCs.

Then turn on the storm, add some tentacles, go full kraken on them. Or cthulu and throw some deep ones on the ship
>>
>>47490666
Trips confirms, Memorable NPCs are a must with any ship based game. Gotta have a head mechanic, a cook, a captain, and plenty other fun NPCs with a bunch of character to get the PCs invested in the ship beyond what money they get from the mission.
>>
File: 1439180021775.jpg (345 KB, 1459x1920) Image search: [Google]
1439180021775.jpg
345 KB, 1459x1920
1 word: Atlantis.

More words: Ship runs aground on a coral reef that came out of nowhere. Turns out that the island of Atlantis is sloooooowly rising out of the ocean and the mutant fish people that have been living under the ocean are kind of pissed. They've got fantastic weapons and all sorts of crazy blood magic going on. Leave it up to the players if they want to stop the rising ritual and let hundreds of thousands of people die or let them live in exchange for that sweet underwater tech.

Unless Atlantis already exists in Shadowrun, in which case I'm an idiot.
>>
>>47490666
Nice trips satan
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.