[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you do a painting-based BBEG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 13
File: jackson-pollock-paint.jpg (64 KB, 800x498) Image search: [Google]
jackson-pollock-paint.jpg
64 KB, 800x498
How would you do a painting-based BBEG?
>>
>>47478734
I wouldn't

But for the sake of argument; a game of intrigue and espionage! The players are members of the art scene in the Jin and jazz art deco age of California. The west is still wildly out of control, with Mafias mobs and foreign agents all vying to cut themselves a big piece of American pie. The players get caught in the middle.
>>
Have the BBEG be the painting in question, cursed - or blessed - by some random supernatural thing Long Ago. Anyone who examines the picture long enough is enchanted by the magic in it, which compels them to form a cult dedicated to rewriting the world to the design of the image's curse (i.e. turns them into a group of badguys), and the magic effects that warp people thusly are naturally defeated by destroying the picture. Whether this works through copies (possibly, if the copy is made by a cultist) or not is up to the GM... but having the party have to raze a certain picture in a well-defended museum or art gallery in some town which prizes such things would be an interesting twist on the usual BBEG fight - especially if the picture and its defenses have been moved since the players started plotting.

By the way, welcome to the cult. Hear her sibilant will and spread its voice to others...
Wait, this is the placeholder image!
>>
File: Wes.png (131 KB, 346x344) Image search: [Google]
Wes.png
131 KB, 346x344
>>47478734
>How would you do a painting-based BBEG?
>>
>>47478734

The world itself is the BBEG's painting. The PC's are his creations.
>>
File: kara-photo.jpg (92 KB, 548x411) Image search: [Google]
kara-photo.jpg
92 KB, 548x411
>>
File: VincentVanGoreGold.png (74 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
VincentVanGoreGold.png
74 KB, 256x256
Ghost painter paints ghosts, ghosts come to life. Vacuum-wielding PC's to fight him optional.
>>
File: bbeg.jpg (46 KB, 632x394) Image search: [Google]
bbeg.jpg
46 KB, 632x394
>>
File: XIfCLKd.gif (927 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
XIfCLKd.gif
927 KB, 500x280
>>47481028

All right, ya got me.
>>
>>47481028
well played
>>
>With a bit of a goop, a dab will do ya.
>>
File: brauner fight.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
brauner fight.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>
File: mussolini2.jpg (90 KB, 460x635) Image search: [Google]
mussolini2.jpg
90 KB, 460x635
>>
File: Did Nazi That Coming.jpg (33 KB, 296x700) Image search: [Google]
Did Nazi That Coming.jpg
33 KB, 296x700
>>47481028
I did nazi that coming.
>>
Everything they paint becomes real, and the world is being flooded with horrifying monsters and riven by war as they churn out artwork.

They don't actually know this. The BBEG is just an extremely talented young child who has been through some rough times. The whimsically violent paintings they make are just their way of coping. They are completely ignorant of the enchantment placed on their brushes
>>
>>47478734
BBEG is a well respected, possibly genius level painter known to all. Everyone thinks he/she is a political, but their amassed fortune is used to hire people, buy things and scheme their way towards total (whatever plot point is.)

They have few other skills besides being a painter and schemer, they would probably lose in a physical confrontation with a basic footpad except for their guards.
>>
>>47481268
Came here to post this.

A PAINTING OF THE SOUL
>>
>>47481295
He painted too?
>>
File: lotfp-themagnificentjoopvanooms.png (2 MB, 1525x1079) Image search: [Google]
lotfp-themagnificentjoopvanooms.png
2 MB, 1525x1079
>>47478734

It's been done.
>>
File: jesus-painting-2.jpg (17 KB, 221x212) Image search: [Google]
jesus-painting-2.jpg
17 KB, 221x212
>>47478734

I'd hire an old woman to defeat it.
>>
File: Yuuga LoZ.png (1 MB, 806x960) Image search: [Google]
Yuuga LoZ.png
1 MB, 806x960
Simple.

The villain in question likes to 'collect' that which he/she thinks is the most beautiful, and through the power of an enchanted staff, can turn people into paintings to increase their collection. Your characters are brought in by the ruler of the local kingdom to rescue their heir, who has been 'collected' by the BBEG.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.