[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much more powerful would a D&D 3.pf Fighter be if he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: regdar.jpg (104 KB, 350x462) Image search: [Google]
regdar.jpg
104 KB, 350x462
How much more powerful would a D&D 3.pf Fighter be if he received all fighter feats by default, even if he'd still be behind a druid?
>>
>>47459416

Give him a boost early on and he'd be the best martial combatant in the group. Some of those later-level feats are pretty gnarly.

Once you get into high levels though it won't make much of a difference. He can have every single archery-related feat in the CRB but it'll do jack dick for him if he opts to just use a two handed sword all the time. The best it'll do is give him more options.
>>
>>47459416
All fighter feats as in core ones or just all throughout all supplements?

For the first one still shit. They're mostly +1-4's that apply to different things

For supplements you're kind of an insane killing machine that can't be stopped my illusions or any sort of magical protection
>>
>>47459416
I would instead give them the ability to make feats that have a specific weapon choose (Weapon focus/spec) be generalized to weapons they have prof with. So weapon focus beco n es a blank +1 with a fighter versus only long bow for a ranger.

This way if a weapon is randomly rolled is great, but doesn't match the 5 feats he's already spent it's not a faaaaark situation.
>>
Nerf wizards, give them an at will eldrich blast type spell and some other at wills then scale down the SoDs.

A banlist for 3.5 spells honestly helps a lot.
>>
>>47459700
I understood the idea of someone mastering one weapon in particular, but I like the idea of a versatile fighter who mixes up his weapons depending on the situation. Lance things till it breaks then switch to a sword and also be able to grapple with a knife
>>
>>47459416
What did you think about females having
-1 strength
+1 constitution

Was it sexist? Is D&D part of the patriarchy?
>>
>>47459768
Just play 5e if that's what you want. That's basically what you're describing anyway
>>
>>47459824
lol, that is sexist?
Realtalk:

#Men
+1 Constgitution
+1 Intelligence
+1 Strength

#Women
+1 Charisma
+1 Intuition
+ Something to Manipulate People
>>
>>47459700
What the fuck did you just say?

>>47459416

>still be behind a druid
>he has Improved Critical
>he picks a Scimitar as his starting weapon
>he now has the ability to score a crit with a 1d6 weapon if he rolls an 16-20 for x2 damage

>implying he's not completely broken now
>>
>>47459416
Just play 4th ed fighter, and you are gold.
>>
>>47461741

>Broken
>Still has to get within melee range
>LaughingWizardGirls.jpg
>>
>>47461164
>childbirth
>lower constitution
ok
>>
>>47463551
>implying women live through all births unassisted.
>>
>>47463591

He didn't imply that, you just inferred it.
>>
>>47459790
That's what I meant instead of being singular, your fighter just picks and chooses freely expending only one feat versus the 100 you would need. Making them versital asf
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.