[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would your party handle an outright loss? I'm talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 4e5.jpg (55 KB, 540x608) Image search: [Google]
4e5.jpg
55 KB, 540x608
How would your party handle an outright loss?

I'm talking like, the rival totally steals your shit and runs and gets away.

Or they're forced to retreat against a fight.
>>
Slap the DM irl.
>>
>>47454133

Sack the DM and get a new one to do things correctly.
>>
>>47454326
>>47454340
Please be sarcasm.
>>
>>47454133
Plot revenge and contemplate letting the air of oit the DM's tires on the way out.
>>
File: Out of Spell Slots.jpg (413 KB, 900x971) Image search: [Google]
Out of Spell Slots.jpg
413 KB, 900x971
>>47454133
Across a few games:

1. The stakes are incredibly high so an outright loss at this stage would result is most of the party permanently having to leave the planet (If they aren't dead). Very little chance of salvage if this happens.

2. Probably after getting the shit kicked out of us by our employer our DM for this game would flounder and be unable to come up with out to put the game back on the module's rails.

3. Game that I'm running: In a lower stakes setting and with no real backers, if they screw up the party would probably lick their wounds then come up with an amazing revenge plan
>>
An outright loss in my group is somehow synonymous with a TPK. That's why every battle is taken seriously and people actively look to use the environment to their advantage.
>>
>>47454133
>forced to retreat
>outright loss

I mean... I guess... but I'd call it smart tactics depending on the situation. Shit happens. As long as you survive to fight another day it's not really an "outright loss".
>>
Retreats happen; counting every retreat as a complete loss is both retarded, and a good way to make every fight a mindless battle to the death.

A real defeat would be imprisonment, destruction of equipment in a place where resupply isn't viable, or something that imposes an actual penalty on the players.
>>
File: f16.png (4 KB, 226x164) Image search: [Google]
f16.png
4 KB, 226x164
>>47454133

> outright loss
>>
>>47454133
We feel shitty and repeat our mistakes the next time.
>>
>>47457888
>4/4
>quarter note, half note

Whatever tone-deaf savage made this image could have at least make it 3/4 so I can pretend the last measure was cut off.
>>
>>47454133
Probably not well, to be honest- I make it painful enough when they win to keep some modicum of balance, so I'd probably give them some sort of consolation or past ally's aid.
>>
>>47454326
>>47454340
rly?
>>
>>47454133
Blame the closet N'wah and begin plotting revenge
>>
File: go go gadget dakka.jpg (80 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
go go gadget dakka.jpg
80 KB, 800x800
pssst, dem grots messin wit ur dakka

OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDEM GROTS MESSIN WIT ME DAKKA, STOOPID GROTZ, IMA TEACH EM NOT TO MESS WITH ME DAKKA
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.