[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In this world every human is a beastmaster or minion maker
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 33629fab7cc9ed2b88c51ea9992.jpg (106 KB, 650x859) Image search: [Google]
33629fab7cc9ed2b88c51ea9992.jpg
106 KB, 650x859
>In this world every human is a beastmaster or minion maker
>The god of man is also the god of all things monstrous and abnormal
>Humans are under his divine protection to be utterly superior to monsters
>He is fervently worshipped throughout the land
>Other gods are jealous of his power and have their own races with their own abilities
>Humans either bond to one to five powerful monster or to many many weaker ones
>The most powerful people in the world are either bonded to some seriously powerful monsters or to ALOT of semi-powerful monsters
>Humans are experts on monster nature, it comes natural to them
>Kingdoms stretch back millenia due to kings and queens living for a very long time thanks to monster bonds
>All monsters are either legitamate monsters or monstrous humanoids
>Other races have their own special traits and magic, but only humans are monster tamers
>Meanwhile Dwarves have mastery over stones and metals, letting them make powerful items bonded to those things
>Elves live in forest made of living crystals, and have complete control over gems

How does this sound so far as a setting?
>>
>>47447508
Fucking furfaggot.
>>
Sounds like pokemon 2.0 desu senpai.
>>
>>47447508
I can imagine just how many people would be making special snowflakes that can bond to a powerful monster and lots of semi-powerful monsters
>>
My first thought was "How would you have a bonded beast babysit a child?"
>>
>>47447508
Elves need a lot more work. Right now they're just hippies.

I think it works better to say that "powerful" controls how many beasts you can bond with.rather than how powerful the beast is. Strength of the beast makes them harder to convince to band, which is at least semi-voluntary. You can have evil people use force to obtain the beasts will, and good characters have the whole mutual respect thing.

Monstrous humanoids is forbidden bonding in most cultures.

>>47447638
The first beast you bond with is your "bloodbond," and bonding to it is a right of passage to adulthood.
>>
>>47447508
Sounds like your average anime setting where the short and long of the setting is "Everybody has X, thus the biggest X haver is the and you are not a person before you are an X haver too".

Which this quite literally sounds like.
>>
>>47448521
That's just fantasy dude. Humans are adaptable and important for x reason. Dwarves are stubborn and greedy and use runes instead of magic. Elves are physically and magically adept, but thinning out because of x.

Why is everybody hating on this guy's idea because he posted an anime-esque picture
>>
>>47448461
Tell me more about this bloodbond
>>
I think as long as the PCs are humans it's fine. Not much point having this monster tamer thing going on if half the party aren't even doing it. Could consider replacing dorfs and elfs with rock and crystal people/spirits. Not much point having the old standbys as far as I can see.
>>
>>47447508
I hate settings where humans are automatically superior to every other fucking being just because. Same people who bitch about vampires too probably.
>>
>>47448706
In primitive times, and still today amongst the barbarian hordes, those who sought adulthood needed to prove themselves by mastering a beast. This generally meant leaving their village and finding a beast in the woods, capturing it, and getting it to accept their bond. It in many ways enforced a caste system, where warriors would find a predatory animal, while farmers would find an ox or dog that would be useful for work. (I feel like pets aren't a thing for humans in this culture. Dogs are wild or bonded) Those who couldn't pass the test were treated kind of like the mentally disabled or a sickly child. Once this first beast was tamed, the beast and master would undergo a ritual that solidified their bond, and made it unbreakable. The master will always care for the beast, and the beast will always obey the master.

These days, in the cities, schools have class time dedicated to learning how to bond, and field trips to scout potential partners. In high society, a wealthy child's bloodbond will probably be bought for them, and his taming will be overseen by a true beastmaster.

While the bond is magical, it doesn't require any aptitude for magic. People who study magic sometimes study the Tome of Beasts and use magic to exploit the power of the bond.
>>
>>47447508
Replace god with professor Oak,
monsters with pokemon
dwarves with pokeball makers
and elves with badge holders.
>>
It turns into a mon-genre
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.