[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question that dont deserve their own thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
¿Is there a good d100 fantasy game?
¿Is anyone obsessed in finding the perfect system to the point you want to create one, just to end playing dnd again?
>>
File: shtf.jpg (164 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
shtf.jpg
164 KB, 680x650
If I struggle to understand GURPS is there another system that can be adapted or is ideal for modern gaming?
>>
>>47447498
if you struggle to GURPS
>go to the GURPS general, ask for assistance
>roll back a step to the basic set
>if that's too hard still, start at GURPS LITE
>>
File: EDC with workbag.jpg (153 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
EDC with workbag.jpg
153 KB, 680x650
>>47447611
Fank u teegee.
>>
>>47447460
Why is the lore/mythology for the Giants Pantheon so shit?

For those who don't know, I'm talking about FR. DnD 5e. My main gripe when playing Goliath (another no lore race), I role play them as worshipping the Giants pantheon.

But there's so little updated info, I have to refer back to "Giantcraft" which if anyone knows their business, is like 2e.

Wtf. I want to smite and cleave in the name of the All-Father, yet I know nothing beyond a family tree.

Why is the lore shit?
>>
>>47447460
>¿Is anyone obsessed in finding the perfect system to the point you want to create one, just to end playing dnd again?
Obsessed: no
End up playing dnd: no

Just find something that works well, then apply houserules to tweak a bit.
(If the list of houserules ends up the size of a novel, you have ended up playing dnd.)
>>
>>47447460
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition
>>
>¿Is there a good d100 fantasy game?
Runequest maybe?
Or Pendragon
Or core BRP
Harnmaster and Burning Wheel are d100 iirc but I can be wrong, and I never played them so I can't really tell if they're "good"
>¿Is anyone obsessed in finding the perfect system to the point you want to create one, just to end playing dnd again?
In every system I try there are things that turn me off strongly. But I'm too lazy to homebrew something. And I already stopped playing D&D forever, other systems may not be perfect, but at least aren't utter bullcrap like this one.
>>
>>47447460
>Is anyone obsessed in finding the perfect system to the point you want to create one,

Absolutely, and I have done so more than once.

>just to end playing dnd again?

No, that's like trying to find the perfect girlfriend but instead you just blow guys from craigslist.
>>
>>47454484
>No, that's like trying to find the perfect girlfriend but instead you just blow guys from craigslist.

reality is more like you end with a normal girlfriend
>>
File: white necrodancer.jpg (78 KB, 400x589) Image search: [Google]
white necrodancer.jpg
78 KB, 400x589
What would the alignment of a Necromancer who drugs, humanely (or Elvenly) kills, and experiments on Elves with Necromancy to try and find a cure for mortality? A Necromancer who, jealous of the seemingly endless life spans of Elves and Drow, takes it upon himself to find a way to not just make himself unable to die of old age (and possibly age very little, if it all. No one wants to be ten thousand years old if it's mostly spent in bed with dementia!), but for his fellow Humans, Halflings, Dwarves, and other mortal races of the world?
Furthermore, what else can be said for characters with "Wrong things for the Right reasons" kind of characters?
>>
>>47457799
Chaotic Good
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.