[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which character would you rather GM for: >Redeemed non-succubus/incubus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 640x384
Which character would you rather GM for:
>Redeemed non-succubus/incubus demon
Or
>Fallen angel
Or
>Anthro wolf
Or
>Half-redeemed demon half-fall Angel anthro wolf.
>>
I would rather not shit post
>>
Redeemed Chain devil gets an OK from me.

There's actually very few demons/devils that really fit into a party properly.
>>
File: 1462053905913.png (45 KB, 228x233) Image search: [Google]
1462053905913.png
45 KB, 228x233
>>47446730
I actually got talked into DMing a system which boils down to

>FURRIES
>IN
>SPAAAACE

So I guess there's your answer.

Luckily these players are borderline internet illiterate, so furshit will be all but impossible for them. One guy just wanted the opportunity to play a properly statted naga with a railgun.
>>
>Half-redeemed demon half-fall Angel anthro wolf.

Surprisingly, this has canonical precedent in AD&D 2e Planescape. According to page 26 of Planes of Conflict: Liber Benevolentiae, in the plane of the Beastlands, in its eternally moonlit layer of Karasuthra, in the region known as the "Labyrinth of Fiery Doom," there live a rogue erinyes baatezu (devil) and a similarly rogue agathinon aasimon (angel).

They are currently expecting their first child.

The book points out the poetic beauty of this:
>A berk may ask how two such antithetical being could be in love. Well, it's really just a simple matter of their respective natures. Both've fulfilled their purpose, and both did their jobs admirably. Nalura seduced a paragon of purity, and Janarr turned a baatezu's lustful nature to true love.

One of the many types of celestial is the lupinal guardinal, an anthropomorphic wolf stalker and soldier from the plane of ultimate goodness, Elysium. There is nothing stopping such a being from coupling with a fiend, particularly since, according to page 7 of 2e Warriors of Heaven (a poorly-written book, but unfortunately the only comprehensive source on celestials in 2e and 3.X that we have), all guardinals sire and give birth to children the mortal way.
>>
File: autism.jpg (25 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
25 KB, 277x296
>>47446730
I'd fine with a redeemed demon if we were doing a super religious good guy hero setting, since that would be an interesting concept that clashed just enough without being dickish. Otherwise you'd really have to own it.

If we're talking characters only I'd also be fine with the half-whatever edgy bullshit, provided the person playing wasn't genuinely trying to pass it off as a serious character. Particularly if the guy playing it called them Bob and tried to pass off as an ordinary guy while he's got all this bat/dove wing plus weird wolf bits sticking off him. Can't help laughing at the idea of people asking about the freakshow and the party is just like "yeah that's bob, he doesn't talk much" and none of them acknowledge he's any different cause he's kind of a sensitive guy.

Don't judge by appearances guys.
>>
>>47446730
>>Redeemed non-succubus/incubus demon
Maybe, I do like the idea of a good imp
>>Fallen angel
Nope. The ratio of edgy bullshit to acceptable stuff is too high in the edgy category.
>>Anthro wolf
Cartoons do it and you can do, if you do it cartoon style.
>>Half-redeemed demon half-fall Angel anthro wolf.
Only as a complete joke character.
>>
>>47446730

I'll take the wolf.

The wolf is a blank canvas compared to the other options. If he tries to yiff, you can always roll up the news paper and bat him across the nose or spray him with the hose.
>>
File: Twat.png (3 KB, 424x370) Image search: [Google]
Twat.png
3 KB, 424x370
>>47446730
Non-redeemed demon-Prince. Could go full Disgaea.
>>
>>47448429
Man, a Disgaea campaign would be so weird. How would you even do it, port over the game mechanics to tabletop? Then there's the Thief shenanigans like stealing the letters from peoples names.
>>
>>47448498
I would probably go with GURPS or Dream Pod 9's Silhouette system, and crank it to 11. Magic's simple enough. But I would ignore the level-up mechanics.

Then, assuming the later, I would take every alternate rule that makes games more cinematic (Genre Points, Weapon out of Ordnance, exploding 5s and 6s).

"Classes" would have skills that can increase with more or less XP, not that PCs themselves would have any. But then again, there's the pupil/master relation.

Although, I think a mechanic like the third installment of the game, where weapon skills were purchased, might be the way to go.
>>
>>47448649
The Evility stuff? I could see that working, though it uses Mana purchase them all, which may have to be re-jigged. Depends on wether or not you want the full grindathon experience of the games.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 400x538) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 400x538
The redeemed demon could be fun.
>>
>>47446730
Either of the first two are fine, the others are furfag shit and therefore banned.
>>
Redeemed demon could be perfectly legit.
>>
>>47446730
Probably fallen angel, because in my mind they would basically be a normal human aside from the backstory of how they fell. They would have lost all powers and turned mortal in the fall, and just being as flawed as an average neutral-leaning-good person instead of a paragon of morality would be enough to make them fall.
>>
>>47446730
Fallen Angel, so long as they wanted to to redeem themselves.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.