[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been personally responsible for getting someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 1455117048789.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1455117048789.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
Have you ever been personally responsible for getting someone into tabletop that otherwise would have never gone near it?
>>
Nah, and you'll probably find nobody ever has.

People get into hobbies because of innate or acquired proclivities, which are usually developmental in nature.

Storytelling and boardgaming habits help, nobody without a fair bit of whimsy will even give it the time of day though.

And if somebody plays with you just because you're there then they're into you, not the hobby.
>>
Nearly everyone in my current group would have never played were it not for me.
>>
>>47433364
They must have been amenable to the idea in the first place or they would never have tried it.
>>
>>47433396
Introducing the.hobby to someone who would otherwise have not had exposure to it satisfies OPs criteria.
>>
>>47433364
Same. A friend of mine is also responsible for getting me into the hobby, I wouldn't have touched it otherwise. Funny how he quit playing a year afterwards and I'm now forever GM for my current group.
>>
Just putting it out there that those bikini's are my fetish
>>
I got 10-15 people from my school into it. Half of them had no interest prior to playing in anything even remotely close to tabletop rpg or any kind of rpg. But they found that they really enjoyed it and often play without me
>>
>>47433310
I can't get over how cute the girl on the right is
>>
"What are you guys doing?"
"Smoking & playing DnD"
"Fuck it, can I try it?"
"Sure"
>>
File: 40000 feels.jpg (35 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
40000 feels.jpg
35 KB, 500x503
I had a friend who I got into RPGs because I let him borrow Final Fantasy 1 back in the day.

I later met up with him at Electronics Boutique where I found out he eventually got into table top gaming. He told me that if I never let him borrow FF1, he wouldn't be into half the stuff he was.

Then he got married and that was the last i heard or saw of him.
>>
>>47435005
Why don't you uh, contact him again?
>>
>>47435022
He moved.
Phone number is different.
Not on facebook.

>Then he got married and that was the last I heard or saw of him.
>>
>>47434942
I wish I was an attractive young woman

I'd still be a miserable loner shut-in with dork hobbies of course, but at least I would be pretty
>>
File: you.png (133 KB, 638x825) Image search: [Google]
you.png
133 KB, 638x825
>>47435101
Just dye your hair and cut off your wiener. If people don't call you pretty then, just tell them to go check their privilege!
>>
>>47435101
Wrong /tg/, dude
>>
>>47434942
Need a wing man? I'll take the one on the left.
>>
>>47435144
one of the reasons I like /tg/ so much is of how much an escape it is from the other /tg/

I can immerse myself in painting, converting, stupid 40k lore, amateur writing, d&d, whatever... and not think about myself, who I am, what I am, or how I have no friends.
>>
>>47433310
I'm working on it. A friend of mine enjoyed just about everything that makes up tabletop roleplaying, from the freedom of choice you get in what you play to the varied settings, but for some reason he had absolutely zero interest in playing any kind of tabletop to the point of actively resisting my attempts to get him to try it.

He's still a little shaky on the subject, but it's early days and I *have* convinced him to play a few games and he seems to be enjoying it. So who knows, maybe soon.
>>
>>47435234

Just chop your dong off already, sheesh.
>>
>>47433355
Underrated post. In my experience anybody I 'got into the hobby' would have found it eventually. Predisposition to or affinity for is what determines most people's interests, and if people only play when they're with you, it's cause you like it, and they like you. Friendship is a strange and fickle beast that way.
>>
>>47433355
>>47435328
Your opinion is dumb, you deterministic chucklefuck
>>
I know I would've never gone into magic if my friend hasn't made me try.

Card games in general are not my jam.
>>
>>47435347
You're replying to two different people there, champ. Also it's not so much determinism as neuropsychology.
>>
Not me specifically, but I met our GM when I first started going to the gym, and at one point we had the four strongest lifters playing D&D together.

After going to /fit/, it kind of makes sense
>>
File: 1442915110181.jpg (41 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
1442915110181.jpg
41 KB, 680x510
>>47435234
Anon I transitioned years ago. Just do it if you have to or don't if you're fine.

My life was rocky for a while but now everything's normal again. Except, you know, I'm happy now.
>>
>>47435410
When I was much younger, I confided in the people I trusted most who made it clear to me I would lose everything if I wanted to go through with it, and that they would do everything within their power to keep me from transitioning. I was afraid, and decided not to act out of fear. Not a day goes by that I don't regret that, but at the same time I don't think it is even possible for me to turn things around. I think I know what lies down this road I am on, and it isn't happiness, that's for sure, but whether I like it or not, this is the path I have chosen.

...I hope things go well for you, I really do. I wouldn't wish this on anyone else, and if even one person can treat this pain than that's better than nothing
>>
File: quads.jpg (4 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
quads.jpg
4 KB, 260x194
>>47435555
It's never too late to change
>>
>>47433310
Pic source? Please tell me this is part of a set.
>>
>>47433310
ITT: Neckbeard fatgots claim divine birthright to tabletop and ignore any evidence to the contrary posted be non-neckearded heretics.
>Oh, I did, OP, and it was just fine.
SILENCE HEATHEN! YOUR WORDS ARE POISONOUS LIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSSS!!!

Also, my group is two legitimate nerds and their goody-two-shoes wives. The wives would never have played were it not for my explanation of how the fun happens in a ttrpg.
>>
File: 1417746317966.png (91 KB, 336x523) Image search: [Google]
1417746317966.png
91 KB, 336x523
>>47435555
I know this isn't /tg/ conversation really, but I'll just say this.

I was in the same position as you were, and I said damn it all and did it anyway. It was a very good decision, I can't imagine where I'd be now. However, just because you aren't 16 or 20 or whatever doesn't mean that bridge has burnt.

Look at timelines on /lgbt/, see a therapist. I've talked to I don't know how many people just like you and it's the same thing every time. "It's too late, I'm too manly, I'd never pass, my parents won't let me, I'll lose my job". Valid concerns, occasionally, but look at suicide statistics and realize what your options really are. Of those people I've talked to, a handful have listened and come back and thanked me.

I can tell you that I live 100% as a girl now. It took two and a half years of rough transitioning, socially and physically, but I'm here now. And dammit, I'm pretty cute. It's a shitty hand you've been dealt but dealt it you have been, now work for your happiness or roll over and accept misery.

That's all.
>>
>>47435613
Pic belong to a pre-shoot set but I didn't manage to find it.
If you just want the actual movie: MIMK-039
>>
>>47433310
I got some friends into it and my little brothers. Well, my little brothers are a special case because they look up to their big sister (which I like. It's a great ego boost) so they pretty much do what I do... but yeah
>>
>>47435620
Fucking hell you people are spoiled and self-obsessed. Like changing your gender would imrpove your social skills. You suck at minmaxing fags.

The thing I find most sad though is that there is an overabundance of sociopatic autist psychos on tg that I can quite easily relate to/share interests with and would probably be on very good terms IRL, but as fate would have it they are on the other side of the fucking planet and I will never get to meet them and play games with them...sigh :/
>>
>>47433310
Yes, several people in fact.

Basically I started a Dungeons & Dragons game and dragged my room mate, brother, brother's friend and brother's friend's girlfriend to play.

They all still play some sort of tabletop to this day.
>>
File: Kaneda,what can you see.png (581 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Kaneda,what can you see.png
581 KB, 1440x900
>>47433310
>Anri Okita retired from doing JAV
>This is pretty much the worst thing to happen in 2016
>>
>>47435689
>Like changing your gender would imrpove your social skills

I have no idea where you read that in my post. But okay, I'll humour it I guess. Transitioning is an incredibly strenuous process that builds up a lot of mental strength if you manage to get through to the other end of the proverbial tunnel. It can lead to heightened anxiety, but that's pretty natural when you're doing something most of society condemns.

As far as social skills go, I suppose this mental resilience could lead to improved confidence. I mean if you can deal with that you can deal with most things. Not guaranteed though.

>Spoiled and self-obsessed
I mean sure, ignoring the rate of homelessness and suicide attempts. Ignoring how many trans people are forced into sex work to make ends meet and how inadequate, not to mention often discriminatory, medical care is for trans people, we're spoilt and self obsessed. Oh, there's the assault and murder statistics too, whoops.

Oh, I just read the rest of your post. Now I feel silly for replying.
>>
>>47435555
>>47435620
>>47435730

Wow, this is kind of unexpected to find on /tg/... but uhm... well, I'm transitioning right now.
For me, it was an easy decision to make. Like, as soon as I realized that there was no way I could be happy living as a man, I decided to go through with it, because I was never a man. I was a woman all along, only that my body did not represent that very well. Of course I was concerned. I feared loosing my friends, being rejected by my family and all the good stuff everyone goes through, of course, but in the end nothing really bad ever happened. The worst it got was my cousin and a friend talking shit. It was a tough road regardless and there are still some rocks ahead... but I'm much happier now. By now, I'm seen as a woman by pretty much everyone and I get girlier on a day by day basis. I'm pretty cute already and I get reasured that I am all the time and that feels good. To bring this back to /tg/, Gaming helped me a lot. I started playing shadowrun shortly after I realized what was going on with me. In the game, I could be a woman and nobody would question it. I could be who I wanted to be and escape a little. Of course, only escaping is bad, but I think Shadowrun was at least a part in my decision. I found a lot of new friends through this hobby and everyone is super nice to me and accept me for who I am. Playing RPGs also helped me with my bad self-esteem and anxiety, at least a little bit. So yeah, I love this hobby a fucking lot
>>
>>47435597
Why do people find it so hard to accept what they are and instead insist that they would feel better if they were something else?
>>
>>47434984
>"fuck it, can I try?"
I feel like this would be me. I always go on to /tg/ and seem interested but never know what it really is.
>>
File: 1457943003930.gif (796 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457943003930.gif
796 KB, 500x281
>>47435778
I think trans people tend to lean towards /tg/ hobbies because we lean towards escapism.

Playing DnD got me over my fear of speaking in my girl voice, and I made a lot of good friends through it.

I'm still a little weird about playing online without a face to match the voice because it's still a little androgynous, but hey, I'm getting there. I don't normally meet trans people who are transitioned or on the latter half of transitioning. I'm happy you're so happy anon. Sometimes I look in the mirror in the morning and I'm dumbfounded by the girl staring back at me. Sometimes I cry and ruin my makeup and have to do it over again.

It'd be cool to meet more trans people who are into tabletop, from my experience, trans people who have transitioned are really chill and polite people.
>>
>>47435814
You might not understand it, but you don't identify with your genitals. You are a guy I assume?
Imagine you somehow lose your dick. Would you feel like you are a women now because you don't have a dick anymore? Probably not. You would miss it for sure, right? That's because you don't identify with your dick. You are mentaly a guy, thats why you identify as a guy. Likewise, women identify as women because they are mentaly a women. Usually, this works out because UUUUUSUALLY you are born into the gender you identify as... but sometimes nature fucks up and you identify as something else then you are born as. It is the same thing as you loosing your dick. You feel like somethings wrong, somethings missing... and that shit fucks you up. Some people might be able to accept it, others (like me) can't. I was supposed to be a woman from the start and I want to be a fucking woman.
Does this clear things up, anon?
>>
File: 1456345956022.jpg (397 KB, 593x564) Image search: [Google]
1456345956022.jpg
397 KB, 593x564
>>47435862
Yeah, there's a LOT of us. It's kind of ridiculous, honestly, and I think a lot of that is just that we're socialized male and this is A Thing Males Do (in the eyes of a lot of society; to be clear I'm more than down for inclusive gaming lol) so you get higher representation of trans girls in things like TTRPG.

That's my hairbrained 4 am theory at least so who the fuck knows if there's anything to it.
>>
>>47433310
>The on the right
And here I thought I was too far gone to be aroused by 3D anymore...
>>
>>47435886
I'm not convinced that thinking you're a guy when you're born with a different set of instruments or the other way around is result of "nature fucking up", but whatever. It's your body, if you feel you need to have it cut up to feel better about it, I guess it's your own business.
>>
>>47435689
>Like changing your gender would improve your social skills

You know, damnedest thing? It has. I'm cheerier and more self-confident, which, weirdly enough, is like 80% of charisma. I have more pride in my appearance, so I'm better groomed, and I dress better, because it matters to me.

A huge part of deciding to transition was about building that self-confidence and the sense of ownership over my body and identity that let me be social.
>>
File: 1435080619284.jpg (290 KB, 737x597) Image search: [Google]
1435080619284.jpg
290 KB, 737x597
>Usually surrounded by /pol/ shit
>The positivity in this thread
>All these happy trans girls

I love you guys.
>>
>>47435926
Why it happens is a heavily debated point, but the end result is that a person feels uncomfortable with the way they are and feel trapped by it, and they have every right to change it, since it does no harm to anyone else to take that step.
>>
>>47435730
>Ignoring how many trans people are forced into sex work to make ends meet
>forced

anon
>>
>>47435926
Like I said, you might not understand.
That shit is automatic. You identify not as what you are born as but what you Identify as. It is weird and illogical but thats how this shit works, otherwise you wouldn't have trans-people. You know, there are more than one case where a little kid expressed it's desire to transition and went through with it later. I had my first signs at like an age of 5 or 6. I didn't knew what was going on at the time but I am aware now.
And damn right it's my own business. To give you some credits, you don't understand why or how people are trans, but you don't tell me what to do and that is something, you you get a pat on the back for that.
>>
>>47435986
Homeless trans people often turn to sex work because they're unemployed and nobody will hire them.

You gotta' eat somehow, anon.
>>
>>47435648
Not that guy, but thanks anon.
>>
File: 1419024365212.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
1419024365212.gif
2 MB, 235x240
Welcome to /tg/.
You don't even need the other boards.
>>
>>47435950
Thanks, Anon.
This is why I love /tg/.
/tg/ probably has the nicest anons on 4chan.
I love you /tg/, you are the best board.
>>
>all this degenerates in my forum

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47435862
Also trans and into tabletop here. Living 100% as a woman.
>>
>>47435950
Today was a good day for /tg/
>>
>tfw this thread has made me feel nice but also reminded me of that horrible moment where I accidentally mentioned to a post transition friend who was really into me that I wanted children when talking about characters and how we had injected parts of ourselves into them.

Her face just fell and I couldn't figure out at the time now 2 weeks on I feel like a prick. Fuck
>>
>>47435926
Not that guy, but there's something I've always been curious about regarding trans people. Forgive me if this is offensive or anything, but then again this isn't Tumblr or /lgbt/ so you probably don't care.

If somebody were to theoretically invent a pill that cured gender dysphoria, and made you feel 100% comfortable with the biological sex you currently possess, would you rather take it than transition?
>>
>>47436111
Apologise if you think it offended her. She'd appreciate it.
>>
File: [Shitposting Stabilizes].gif (799 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
[Shitposting Stabilizes].gif
799 KB, 500x374
>>47436068
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all faggots here.
I'm a faggot. You're a faggot...
You must be or you wouldn't have come here.
>>
>>47435862
Hey, what did you think the /tg/ stood for?

Terrible Generals, actually, but it's up to interpretation
>>
>>47436117
How old are you m8
>>
>>47436147
Tactical Genius, of course
>>
File: Half_orc_family.jpg (76 KB, 600x521) Image search: [Google]
Half_orc_family.jpg
76 KB, 600x521
>>47436111
I'm a trans woman (another trans girl said we're apparently having a get-together in this thread) and I've run into this situation with my boyfriend. I can't give him the kids he wants, but we've talked about it and we think that adoption would be good for what both of us want.
>>
>>47435721
WHAT
ANRI OKITA RETIRED?!
>>
>>47433310
Some asocial as fuck people who'd never be able to find a group themselves, other jock-types who'd never thougth they'd play anything other than CoD, Fifa or monopoly.
>>
>>47436111
That's understandable. It's something a lot of trans people have conflict over - I know I personally always really wanted kids. Still do - adoption is probably going to be my best bet. Even that can be difficult - trans folks are discriminated against heavily when it comes to adoption, same as gay people or any other 'nonstandard' couple (even interracial couples can still face this)

If you think you bummed her out a bit, just apologize. She'd probably appreciate the thoughtfulness.

>>47436117
I would not. Gender dysphoria is... complicated, and some people don't perfectly niche into either role comfortably. Even if I was comfortable with my body physically, there are social aspects of my desire to transition, and aesthetic ones. It's a multifaceted process.
>>
>>47434942
Well it's Anri Okita if you want to see her with dicks in her.
>>
>>47436117
If you ask me now, I would not. Then again, this would probably go into the realm of psychoactive medication and I don't aprove of that... it often just makes things worse....
I know some people that would do it however, but probably just out of desperation.
I have to agree with >>47436218.
This is very complex... I'm a trans-lesbian for example and find nothing really "beautiful" about the male body, so aesteticly speaking, I would still have a slight preference towards having a female body even if I wasn't trans.
>>
>>47436190
Well I have a reason to kill myself now, at least.
>>
>>47435234
I used to do that, but I came to the conclusion that after years of distractions it didn't make me any happier. Now I'm trying to be a better version of myself.
>>
>>47436302
I'm not sure if you mean that you want to transition... because that is what most of the people here talk about... but even if not, go for it. Escapism can be healthy and nice, but like all things, too much is bad for you. Always try your best to be the person you want to be. Shoot for the fucking stars, kid.
>>
File: seppuku.jpg (72 KB, 399x599) Image search: [Google]
seppuku.jpg
72 KB, 399x599
>>47436190
yep

>>47436271
Pretty much just passing time until the sweet embrace of death here.
>>
>>47436385
whats the big deal, she was a porn star and she retired, right? That happens all the time.
Why are you so upset?
>>
>>47436398
Because she had the body of a goddess and hadn't done any good bukkake scenes yet.
>>
>>47436398
A retired porn star may never please their followers, that is why they are all upset about it.
>>
File: Gideon-argus-1-.jpg (63 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
Gideon-argus-1-.jpg
63 KB, 600x480
>>47433310
Have enticed a few friends into RPGs that wouldn't have done so before, but mostly it's been getting people into board games that aren't Monopoly and similar. Even managed to entice gf into it, who initially got into Catan and has now proven to be pretty good leader of men/wookies. Which is nice, given that her starting position was "why are you playing with plastic spaceships."
>>
>>47436427
>>47436411
Is this... a thing I don't really understand because I'm a woman...? I usually don't say that but this might the first instance where I think I found a "guy-thing".
But oh well, I guess it is the same thing as when one of your favorite authors dies or retires, right?
You won't have new stuff to read... or in her case, fap to...
>>
>>47435950
Normally I'm a lurker, but even I have to post to say I'm really happy about all this niceness!
I'm trans (i guess? I have been told by so many people that I am not, since I haven't started transitioning due to money concerns)
It makes me feel safe that the community around my favorite hobby is so accepting.
>>
>>47436451
The right amount of curvature in all the right places, perky breasts just the right size to compliment her figure, and a pretty face. Like damn son that scene of her being covered in oil in a red dress.
>>
>>47436451
>But oh well, I guess it is the same thing as when one of your favorite authors dies or retires, right?
>You won't have new stuff to read... or in her case, fap to...

That's pretty much it.
>>
>>47436462
Well we are playing pretend to begin with.
>>
File: 3vGYGnp.jpg (26 KB, 319x310) Image search: [Google]
3vGYGnp.jpg
26 KB, 319x310
>>47436055
Indeed.
>>
>>47436462
>I have been told by so many people that I am not, since I haven't started transitioning due to money concerns
Well, that's bullshit.

You're still trans even if you haven't begun HRT or whatever. It's an identity, not a chemical or physical process. You're just fine.
>>
>>47436464
>>47436468
She is pretty... but I'm not drewling all over just because I see a woman that I happen to find physically attractive. But good to know thart I understand
>>
>>47436516
WORD!
>>
>>47436516
Worth noting is something I found out a little bit ago.

See, one of the reasons FPS games are entirely male dominated is because of disorientation. A lot of women have problems with the tunnel vision aspect of it - they require more input from their senses in other directions; even the feeling of the air can tell you where people are. By contrast, there's a much, much larger percentage of female gamers playing games that are consistently third person or have a third person option, Mass Effect being a good example, despite having many of the same aspects.

In my experience, trans women tend to have the same type of disorientation in first person games - I myself have it. this suggests that it is, in fact, a chemical and physical process. It suggests you literally have a female brain in a man's body.

Bear in mind this is anecdotal. regardless, yeah - you don't stop being trans just because you're not taking some kind of supplement. That's not how it works.
>>
File: hateball.jpg (14 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
hateball.jpg
14 KB, 400x306
>>47436055
>/tg/
>nicest anons

how dare you
>>
>>47436349
No, I answered to the post before I realised what the thread discussion had turned into. I did however knowingly use escapism as an alternative to drugs and alcohol. Because I knew if I started abusing either of those I would not stop.

I don't think I wouldn't be much happier as women, though. My problem is that I'm not consistent. I always pick up new pet interest that I discard after a month and I never know what I want to do with my life in the future. So I never seem to know what kind of life I should live. I figure it's a combination of ADHD and Aspergers. I have read that the two personal disorders don't mingel with eachother. Instead they swing back and forth from another. This can result in inconsistent behavior and disturb the ability to focus on things from day to day. So even if I make well thought out plans I'm not very good at following them because I can't stay focused and consistently organised. Because of this I never meet people I can say that I relate to with the kind of problems I have.

I would probably be good as an artist, but I can't work efficently with a deadline and I only seem to do my best art when I'm experiencing strong angst.

So at this point I just want a simple life without a lot of complications and drama, but as things are looking now I don't think I can ever fully have that.
>>
>>47436668
I have started taking a new medication that helps me focus better, but it seems to put the Asperger part of me into overdrive. I can't read peoples emotions or hints like I can off the medication, I can't seem to be selective with my focus - so that makes the medication pointless, I get very obsessed over things that either interest me or annoy me, I don't seem to want other peoples company and it makes me act mean rather then theynkind default personality I typically have. On the flipside it has allowed me to analyse my situation from a consistent perspective. So I have come to the conclusion that there is no easy way out of this for me and I that I will have to get some kind of cognetive therapy instead of trying to medicate the problem away. An absolute solution like switching gender probably wouldn't do much for my state of mind.

So that's my blog post. Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. I hope that you have an easier time figuring things out in your life than I have.
>>
>>47435886
>I was supposed to be a woman from the start
Have you considered that it might have been your brain nature fucked up on?
>>
>>47436650
There was a scientific study that more or less said exactly that... and from expierience I can say Yes. That is correct. I can say expierience the same problems with FPS games... the only FPS I'm half way good at is Payday 2 and only because I played the shit out of this game and because it is Co-Op. PvP is nearly impossible for me. The "tunnel vision" fucks me every time. On the other hand, I play splatoon and I'm quite good at it.
>>
>>47436726
Well, that just preps the question of whether the brain or the body is the person, and that's a whole other philosophical debate.
>>
>>47436726
Well, as science suggests that Trans people have brainstructures more akin to the gender they Identify as then the gender they are born with (because yes, there are destingtive differences between female and male brain structures), yes. Nature put my brain in the wrong fucking body.
>>
>>47436680
Studies have shown Cognitive therapies are just as, if not more effective than medicinal. They just require lots of time and personal effort. Good luck though, I hope you can find happiness friend.
>>
>>47436726
It's a hell of a lot harder to remove a brain safely, m8
>>
>>47433310
Unless the person is blood related to you or you're in a relationship it's really unlikely you'll permanently change their interests or have a measurable impact

Stuff like that just takes too much time to happen all the time
>>
>>47436516
>It's an identity
And here I was thinking that trans people identified as the opposite sex to their physical one, not their own weird thing.
>>
>>47436747
Or nature gave your body the wrong brain. You know how it is, it's a busy day in the brain department and somebody misreads which box got ticked.

I can't remember which forms first in the fetus, the brain or the genitals.
>>
>>47436780
Well, yeah. It's 6AM and I haven't slept.

It's still an identity in that, if you identify as the gender that is not your physical gender, you're trans. That doesn't mean being trans itself is your identity, but it does mean that you can be trans without stuff like HRT or SRS, which is what I was trying to express.

And... like it or not, there are certain elements where trans people still have to stand apart. When it comes to issues like legal and medical requirements, or the increased sexual and physical violence trans people face, we do have to self-identify in order to advocate for ourselves.

Which fucking blows, because yeah, it'd be nice if I could just say "I'm a woman" and the world would step aside and let me do my business as a woman and not argue the point at every opportunity. But we live in an imperfect world.
>>
>>47436791
Brains form first. We start all out as female embryos, btw.
>>
>>47436812
You still have whatever the technical term for the cells that could become the penis is, though. They just get repurposed into parts of the clitoris if you're female.

Until somebody invents something which can read your genetic code and tell you exactly what said code should result in, we'll have to base arguments on which bit forms first, which doesn't take into account that you can fuck up in one area and still do what you're supposed to somewhere else.
>>
File: 1458328922078.jpg (341 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1458328922078.jpg
341 KB, 1200x1600
>>47433310
Thanks to board and card games I managed to make good relations with my current gf friends (she has only female friends, most of them are animu-nerds - cosplays, convetnions, video games etc), as well as she made with my friends.
Somehow, I get laid thanks to mtg
>>
>>47436748
Thanks. I think I at least have reached the maturity to make a go for it.

Have a nice day and a happy life.
>>
>>47436791
>Or nature gave your body the wrong brain
>nature gave your body the wrong brain
>the wrong brain
Please don't tell me you actually believe this?
Gender dysphoria is a mental illness. We should be looking for ways to help people that suffer from it, not just having them use surgery to change their bodies. Many people who suffer from it still have severe mental distress and issues even after they get the surgery, because changing the body isn't going to help the issues with the mind. I have a friend that went through the transition, and even after gender reassignment surgery she still suffered from severe depression and still didn't feel like she was in the 'right' body. Honestly the fact she went through the surgery in a handful of months after she decided to transition, and never got an opinion from a doctor who thought it would have been wiser to wait and find the root of the issue was even more frustrating because I see no marked difference or improvement, if anything she has gone down hill since the surgery.
We also don't use that reasoning with other mental illnesses.
Person is a sociopath? Well obviously just got the wrong brain.
Person is depressed? Wrong brain!
>>
I got two of my already nerd friends into the hobby and two other who were interested but found the rules too intimidating. I think the first two definetly meet the OP's criteria.

I had been playing Pathfinder with a group of DnD veterans for about a year when I started DMing for my local group of friendos.
>>
>>47436870
>there is a problem with this brain
>this problem can be solved by replacing the brain with one that doesn't have this problem
>obviously this is not the wrong brain for this person at all
>>
>>47436913
>Replacing the brain
>>
>>47436925
>we will never be able to replace the brain
Out of here with your pessimism.
>>
>>47436870
This.

In order for sufferers of gender dysphoria to get serious treatment we need to start treating gender dysphoria like a serious condition, not just some lifestyle choice like the media makes it out to be. Celebrety trans people have set the world back years, honestly.
>>
>>47436947
It's more the ethical complications then the scientific ones anon.
If you replace the brain are they the person who supplied the brain, or the person that supplied the body? Or something new entirely.
Since we have not done this we can only theorize on what would happen in this kind of situation.
Also would removing the 'wrong' brain be murder? What is life attached to the brain or the body? Would removing the brain of cripple and swapping it with the brain of someone with severe mental illness be ethically wrong?
Also the biggest question is would your body accept the brain of a different person in it without trying to attack it?
>>
>>47433355
>>47435328
>>47435347
>>47435374
Wait... Wasn't this sarcasm?
>>
>>47433355
>Nah, and you'll probably find nobody ever has.

Cool bullshit claim with no proof whatsoever.

People get into hobbies because of other people all the time. You'll find countless people who play a sport not because they give a shit about the sport itself, but just to hang out with the guys.
>>
I sometimes wonder if trans people would lose the the need to physically alter their body (chop their dicks off) if the binary nature of gender roles wasn't so heavily ingrained in our culture. If, for example, being woman was not tied to being pretty/cute/sub/etc. and being a man was not tied to being strong/muscular/dom/etc..

Any trans people got some input on this? Where do you, on a meta-level, think you get the need to physically alter your body from? Is it there an innate tie between, for example, male brain - penis and female brain - vagina or is it more to do with social conditioning?
>>
>>47436117
>if somebody gave you a happy pill would you take it
It's called MDMA.
>>
>>47435328
>In my experience anybody I 'got into the hobby' would have found it eventually.

How the fuck do you know that? Are you precognitive?

We humans CANNOT see the ends of paths we didn't take. We can make guesses, but that's it. We have no real knowledge of potential futures, especially not re: systems as complex as human interests.
>>
>>47437011
This is the main reason I couldn't follow the whole gender-equality-tumblr scene. I saw trans people pushing the idea that gender means literally nothing whether you identify as a male or female, and nothing made sense anymore.
>>
>>47436870
The human brain in general is horrible at being objective and it constantly wants to create meanings behind things that causes distress. Therapy should always be the first option before severe life changes. If the therapist is telling you what to do, get rid of that therapist. The therapist job is to help the patient figure out things, understand his/her situation better and help to cope with the situation, not to alter the person.
>>
>>47437043
It is quite confusing to me as well, which is why I would love to gain some more knowledge on the topic. I hope the slightly inflammatory language I used doesn't deter any trans people from answering as my inquiries are 100% sincere.
>>
>>47437043
for me it was the fact that tumblr encourages people to display badges of how screwed up they are, rather than actually try to get those problems solved, which is inherently detrimental to the function of the person in question.
>>
>>47436977
Ethics are shit. Give me the scalpel.
>>
>>47437043
But that is also objectively false, there are differences in the way the male and female body form that make them function differently, in the modern era most of those things are largely irrelevant, but some things like the way the muscle and bone develop are entirely different that is why for things like sports you need mens and womens leagues because the men are built to function better for it largely.
Like that MMA person that sucked ass, got a gender swap and started fighting in the female circuit and started kicking the shit out of people.
They didn't become a better fighter, they changed who they were fighting.
>>
File: 4chanPortrait.png (3 KB, 324x363) Image search: [Google]
4chanPortrait.png
3 KB, 324x363
>>47437011
I am going to go lifting for a couple of hours now but I will check back into this thread later tonight.

I would be really happy if one or multiple people could attempt to answer my questions. See you all later, friendos.
>>
>>47437011
Well I am not trans, but gender rolls are largely just a click bait word/hot topic word.
I have met two people in my whole life that used traditional gender roles, and they were married to each other.
Like in the work place I don't see any differences between men or women, they are just coworkers/customers. you see some differences in jobs in specific fields but that is more because of the personal choices of the people involved, not because of their gender, allowing your choices in life to be limited by gender then that is your choice. I mean how many people in this thread really follow and/or actively seek a partner that adheres to traditional gender roles out of curiosity?
>>
>>47437136
I don't. I tend to pursue career driven women because I want someone to bounce ideas off. An equal, not a servant .
>>
>>47437043
The problem is that they turn ideology into lifestyle and that tends to be annoying for everyone else who is not part of that ideology.

I myself am certain that there are biological differences between gender in the brain. Men for instance are more likely to be born autistic than women are. There has been some evidence tha suggests that during fetal development testosterone makes makes the brain more orrientated towards systems. So the theory is that autism comes from this development being intesified.

That at least tells me that gender roles has some kind of default setting in human nature. However, what puts humanity at the top of the food chain is that we challenge nature and don't wait for evolution to improve us. So we should allow for individual solutions.

What tumblr feminism is doing is that they want to force people into a totalitarian system, make everyone adopt their ideology/lifestyle and then they seem convinced that this will create a paradise on Earth. This bears an uncanny similarity to communism.
>>
Nope. But the McElroy brothers were. I'd been trying to get my girlfriend into D&D for over a year, then all of a sudden the Adventure Zone comes out and she's super-interested in learning to play.
>>
>>47437185
I'm a scatterbrain and I don't mind following instructions from other people. So I would be okay with a bossy partner that tells me what to do, but not to the degree that it's abusive.
>>
>>47437136
I do, but it's not a conscious choice.
Submissive girls turn me on, that's all.
>>
>>47437011
It's not just transpeople that do bodymodification based on emotions either. Just look at all the obsessive body alterations in modern Hollywood. People from all paths of life there are obsessed with staying young with plastic surgery.
>>
File: 1452072336595.jpg (505 KB, 1200x1075) Image search: [Google]
1452072336595.jpg
505 KB, 1200x1075
>>47433310
I though this thread was going to be about selling people into sexual slavery.
>>
>>47436668
Huh. I also have ADD (formerly ADHD, the hyperactivity died down over time) and aspergers, but my experience is very different. I've never heard the "they don't mingle" thing, and I don't really notice any swings between the two.
I'm equally shit at keeping to plans past an immediate timeframe, but that's mostly because I have a shit memory for dates, poor sense of time, and unfortunate predisposition towards procrastination. I'm very good at remaining focused and organized on tasks; my problem is remembering them, then getting around to starting them.
I guess you just lean more towards the ADD, while I'm more towards the autism.

>I always pick up new pet interest that I discard after a month and I never know what I want to do with my life in the future.
Sounds like my brother. First it's guitar, then it's sailing, then he spends $2,000 on RC planes, then he's building his own quadroter drones, then he's learning drums, then he's fucking with a 3D printer. Dude just can't reign it in.

Honestly I envy that. I don't have any particular interests or passions, just things that kill time better than others. It's less that I don't know what I want to do with my life and more that I don't care, beyond basic comfort.

>>47436680
You really are my opposite. I can only hyperfocus when I'm OFF my meds. They help me split my attention enough to remember things I need to do and realize I've been doing something for too long, and that helps me in social situations because otherwise I tend to be a very poor conversationist who mostly just doesn't talk because I'm not locked in on the topic. If you want a monologing lecture on science, though, I'm your guy.
>>
>>47437093
>>47437011
Alright. Take everything I say with a grain of salt, because 1) this is only my personal experience and, 2) contrary to all anons above, I'm FtM, and from what I understand, female-to-male transexualism is different from MtF (well, duh).

Blabla always confused about sex, feeling bad about myself without knowing why, etc. Long story short: at some point I ended up pregnant (because why life would be simple, I still go for guys), which reeeaaaally fucked me up in the head. I didn't want to have a baby growing inside me, I felt like some sort of awful fucking abomination. Not too mention all the fun things a normal pregnancy can do to your body and head. Basically ended up exercising way too much to try and look like what I wanted to look like (which I now know means "like a guy"), which made me miscarry, which made me feel relieved as fuck, which made me feel guilty as fuck in turn. At this point, I was a true basket-case, the guy I was with (whom I still like even if he won't piss on me if I was on fire nowadays—childhood friends even! Only it didn't go like in my Laotian moving woodcuts) left, only seeing that I go and see a therapist for once. Hence the transitioning process, for which I'm saving up so I can get rid of my tracts of land, and maybe down the line possibly do facial hair implants.

Anyways, yes, now that I've blogged as much as I liked, I do think that the whole gender roles thing is overblown, there is a link between the physical bits and the brain. I never really gave a fuck about the former, even though I'm glad my physical appearance is starting to match my demeanor. But I honestly don't even want to think about having a baby-oven, it just makes me squirm writing about it. Less sure about removing the vagoo, but that's mostly because current surgery techniques look pretty subpar compared to an actual pen0r. And the boyfriend likes it, so.
>>
I can think of 3 people off hand. I have a talent for making something sound very very appealing and convincing.

I'm also a very good judge of character so I can usually find out who would do well in it. Although sometimes I get someone unsuitable to join because I really want more people and they still enjoy the social part.
>>
>/tg/ - Trannies, Tumblrshit and Blogging
>>
>>47437568
>/thread
>>
>>47437568
Well, that's really what's the thread about, innit? At least the blogging part. I'm not too sure where you Tumblr-shit, except maybe in your own "I'M TRIGGERED" reaction to other people blogging.
>>
>>47436657
Fine,, /an/ has the nicest anons, happy?
>>
>>47437700
Yeah, well, suddenly there are some people being dicks about the whole thing but I guess thats what happens on 4chan.
>>
File: Pcprincipal.png (180 KB, 458x533) Image search: [Google]
Pcprincipal.png
180 KB, 458x533
>>47437727
>Yeah, well, suddenly there are some people being dicks about the whole thing but I guess thats what happens on 4chan.
>Yeah, well, suddenly there are some people being dicks
>suddenly there are some people being dicks
>some people being dicks
>being dicks
>dicks
You better watch your microaggressions bro, do you associate people being mean with male genitalia? What the hell is wrong with you you sexist scum bag? Huh? Do you think it is okay to belittle the male genitalia? Huh?!
But really those anons are right this isn't really the right board for that discussion but since when has that ever mattered on tg?
>>
>>47436957
In germany, it is treated as exactly that: a serious condition... which is why health insurance pays for the entire treatment and you require psychological therapy, medical estimates and all kinds of other stuff to even start with hormone threatment. A friend of mine is really pissed because of this because it makes her wait for the treatment and all that, but I think it has a purpose and is probably better that way.
>>
I got an ex into D&D but she was already into MtG so I don't know if it counts.
She was a stripper, a camgirl and a single mom.
>>
>>47437597
tumblr is a blanket term some people you for stuff that offends them
>>
>>47437777
He, funny.
But you are right. This isn't the board for this discussion... but is here now so eh. I think this kinda happened because a lot of trans-girls seem to play TTRPG and stuff. I'm guilty as well since I'm a trans-girl and I also chipped in to the discussion because well, it is something that concerns me
>>
>>47437777
It's an off-topic waffle, but when doesn't /tg/ meander away from board games?

Besides, if we ever want to see an end to SJW assholes then people ought to be able to at least make a passing mention of topics like dysphoria without everyone turning combative, right?
>>
>>47436726
Dysphoria is indeed a mental illness. However, with our technology, it's easier to address the body than the mind.
>>
>>47436111
You did nothing wrong. It's not your fault she can't have kids, and you're not wrong to want them.
>>
>>47437867
this.
>>
>>47437867
>board games
The lowest form of /tg/.
>>
>>47437869
And hey, not all mental illnesses need to be suppressed like that as long as people find ways to live with them. Imagine what the history of science and art would look like without autists, bipolars, OCDers, etc.
>>
>>47437913
>not all mental illnesses need to be suppressed
Spotted the mentally ill.
>>
>>47437011
>if the binary nature of gender roles wasn't so heavily ingrained in our culture.
Doubtful. While some specifics vary, the essentials of gender roles are universal, with the only exceptions cropping up in (usually) tiny tribal groups that never went anywhere or did anything and are dying-out outliers.
>>
>>47437923
Honestly I have some depression, paranoia, and ocd tendencies, also was diagnosed with add, but that was back when they diagnosed everyone with it so don't know how accurate it is.
But I learned to live with them and function in society I am by no means on the extreme end of the spectrum, but I find a lot of the suppressants for mental illnesses have worse side effects then what they treat. So as long as I can live without needing them I intend to.
>>
>>47437869
Well, scientists aren't exactly sure what causes it, so maybe it is part a physical and part a mental issue. Who really knows. Alot of people suffering from dysphoria seem to be much happier and well balanced after treatment than before so hey, it somewhat works right?
The real issues come if you go for treatment that you don't need. Unrequired sex-change can fuck you up bad. There was this one psychologist (I forgot what he was called...) who belived that gender-identity was only a social construct and as an experiment he got a young boy (like, almost new born) and let someone perform a sex-change on him (there was something wrong so it was a "viable" option). His parents raised him as a girl, but he always did identify more as male than anything. Later, after moving out of his parents house, he lived as a man and later killed himself because of depression. It's a cautionary tale.
>>
>>47433310
My entire friend group of about 7.

Without my shitty attempts to get people into it. and hosting the very earliest terrible games, they would still think of TTRPGs as autistic trash.

They still do, but it's THEIR autistic trash.
>>
>>47437932
You mean like ancient China and Japan?
>>
>>47437975
It can be induced by brain damage and certain types of drug abuse as well.
>>
>>47437975
The doctor botched his circumcision, and this tale is actually used by people who try to argue for why sex change is good, because they don't ever read how it ended they just regurgitate what other people tell them.
My trans friend was honest to god surprised when I told her that the person she was talking about committed suicide.
>>
>>47437984
>You mean like ancient China and Japan?
You mean those male-dominated patriarchal societies where women were social homemakers and men were the martial ruling class and dominant aristocracy?

Yeah, those. Their gender roles were broadly identical to every other society we've ever had.
>>
>>47437923
Nah, not personally. Several diagnoses among friends and family, though, and don't get me wrong, a lot of them do need meds to be able to function like normal human beings.

However, some people, the ones with very mild diagnoses, find other ways to live with it, and that's a good thing if it works, because those drugs can have significant side effects. My uncle was hardcore bipolar, way fucking out there, and when he started taking pills it fucked with his metabolism. He went straight from a fit, active, charismatic go-getter to a fat shut-in whose social life mostly consisted of his parents and his dog.
>>
File: 1389889211885.jpg (110 KB, 538x627) Image search: [Google]
1389889211885.jpg
110 KB, 538x627
>>47433310
I got a friend into 40k by playing DoW at his house cause my pc was busted and then when he was round at my house he'd ask about my space wolves. After showing him my models and my brothers IG and orks he got a chaos megaforce for his birthday
>tried to give a khorne berzerker two pistols
>gave the berzerker two left hands

His rhino literally looked like it went through the warp. The rear hatch was on backwards, one of the side doors was missing and soaked in glue, the roof was covered in spikes.
>>
>>47438013
I mean even look at mesoamerica, women stayed home and men went to war, it is an evolutionary construct because men are frankly worthless to the species then women because one man can breed with many women at a time, but one women can only breed with one man at a time. If humans laid eggs you would probably see mostly equal or if deposited the egg inside the man you would most likely see the opposite.
>>
>>47438010
I don't think that you can use this story as an arguement for or against sex changes. You can only use it to show what can go wrong if the wrong person gets the wrong treatment.
As far as I know, it is often used by people who try to argue that gender is just a social construct that is re-enforced by society and we only distingush between male and female because of this construct... well, surpirse, it isn't.
>>
>>47438013
>let's just ignore the eunuchs, the crossdressers, the lack of gender role conformity in the triads and tongs, and wulin since those were all entirely traditional gender roles
>>
>>47437995
Well yeah, buit is well possible that gender dysphoria induced through external sources could be considerably different for naturally occuring gender dysphoria. We can't say for sure because nobody has figured out how it happens exactly.
>>
>>47438038
There are a lot of reasons why all major civilizations wind up looking the same, and that reason is that gender roles and the traditional division of labor and responsibility is extremely efficient and effective at producing successful societies.

>>47438056
The eunuchs were men, not women. Still men in charge, still men occupying a male social role absent sex, but neutered to be safer and less threatening. China also is not in any way unique in this: the Assyrian Empire had court eunuchs, the Egyptian dynasties had them up to Cleopatra, it could be found in the Mediterranean. Across the globe eunuchs popped up in similar fashions.

They were also not standard men, as they were a subjugated elite and thus non-representative of the male role as a whole. But even then, more similar than that.

Crossdressing is not related to gender role. It's dressing. And in ancient China, it was very patriarchal - see how women were so under-valued they were not allowed to perform on stage, thus driving men to occupy a female role in narratives.

That's not bucking gender roles. That's reinforcing them.

C'mon, man. Do you even know the shit you mouth off about?
>>
>>47435555
Just do it. It's literally never too late if it makes you happy. I was in the same boat as you for years but I don't regret transitioning one bit.
>>
I've recruited three people into my regular group that I'm sure would never have tried tabletops if it weren't for me.

I also ran a very successful campaign for a group of three others a year ago, but I didn't keep in touch so I'm not sure if any of them stuck to the hobby. I doubt it slightly.
>>
>>47437011
Trans here. It's kinda about gender roles, kinda not about gender roles.

As >>47437085 and >>47437190 there are physical differences between male and female. The feeling of not belonging in your body, dysphoria, stems from the disconnect between mind and body, not so much "I wish I could be a submissive dress-wearer."

There's (preliminary) scientific evidence to suggest that trans people have brains mismatched to their physical sex. We've seen this in the lab with other animals; we can create male rats that act like females and female rats that act like males by altering the natural hormones during prenatal development. It's not a far stretch to suggest that a percentage of humans received the wrong sex hormones in the womb and received brains that did not match their genetic sex, and in fact, early MRI evidence shows that trans people (even before hormone replacement therapy) have brain structures more similar to the opposite sex than their own sex.

So it's more like the gut feeling of "Oh fuck, why does my body look like a dude's this wasn't supposed to happen/Oh fuck, why does my body look like a chick's this wasn't supposed to happen" rather than a cognitive choice to be a huge faggot.
>>
>>47438158
>than a cognitive choice to be a huge faggot.
We're on 4chan though. We made that choice anyways.
>>
>>47438158
>So it's more like the gut feeling of "Oh fuck, why does my body look like a dude's this wasn't supposed to happen/Oh fuck, why does my body look like a chick's this wasn't supposed to happen" rather than a cognitive choice to be a huge faggot.
For the most part, anyway. Transtrender's are a thing, and they're obnoxious as fuck.
>>
>>47437597
We have a bunch of trannies complaining about gender roles ITT, how is this not objectively, literally fucking tumblr now?
>>
>>47438188

Checked. Dubs speak truth.
>>
>>47438200
And one guy who can't read.
>>
I wonder how the pic in OP makes all the transers in this thread feel
>>
File: his smile and optimism- gone.png (1017 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
his smile and optimism- gone.png
1017 KB, 848x900
>>47435721

Just lost that last shred of hope. Today's the day.
>>
>>47438232
I don't mind. Then again, I'm a trans-lesbian.
>>
>>47438232

Jelly and suicidal?
>>
>>47438198
There is a huge difference between people who actually suffer from the condition and people who think it is cool to suffer from a condition and/or want to lable themself as something they are clearly not. it's almost as if I would say I was blind, but I wasn't.
I kinda wished Transtrenders would actually expierience for once how it feels to have gender dysphoria... because belive me, it ain't fun.
>>
File: DSC_005.png (17 KB, 633x772) Image search: [Google]
DSC_005.png
17 KB, 633x772
>>47435721
she retired and married me. You jelly?
>>
>>47438270
Sort of like the ones that pretend to have schizophrenia? And think it is cool to have voices in your head that talk to you?
Those people are literal scum.
>>
>>47438250
so you just have autogynephilia
>>
>>47438305
Oh my fucking god don't get me started on the whole headmates thing by the fucking emperor why the fuck would you do that.
*cough* sorry. lost my shit for a moment... but yes. That is exactly what I mean.
>>
>>47435721
Retired? How?
She couldn't have possibly made enough money for it
>>
>>47438270
Better than body dysmorphia. Mirrors freak me the fuck out.
>>
>>47438315
Trans-woman into girls, Anon.

Which is also why I prefer the terms gynophile or androphile, because trans-lesbian/gay just sounds fucking retarded and confusing.
>>
>>47438340
>Spoiler
Makes me think of Mr/Ms Garrison honestly
>>
>>47438340
Well, if I had to lable myself, I just say that I'm a lesbian because I like girls and eventhough I'm trans, I'm a woman. I actually don't think that the distiction between trans and cis woman is all that important. Buuut since this has somehow become a discussion about transpoeple and especially trans-women, I felt the need to kinda say that I am a transwoman... which I usually don't do, because it is fucking unnessary like 99% of the time and the other 1% it only concerns specific people.
And I have never heared of autogynephilia before but it sounds super contrived. (Like, I looked it up and it sounds contrived)
>>
>>47438232

Aroused
>>
>>47438325
Married perhaps?
>>
>>47433310
Ive been resposible for sending a friend to the beach whering one those micro bikinis. Not sure if that counts.
>>
>>47435410
>>47435555
That's a pretty fucked up life friendos, if literally going through hormonal treatments, chopping your willy, and being under various medications, is what you believe to be the best solution to your problems.

Help this young psychology student learn, and explain. What part of becoming a female seemed so attractive? Why do you believe this to be the method for peace in life? Did you not think your family and friends (those who didn't support it) were only trying to protect you?

:v
>>
>>47435950
It's too early in the morning and most /pol/acks get all board bans for speaking the truth about trans off /pol/.

But we're here anon. Always here.
>>
>>47438497
If you're a psychology student, you should have the means available to you to do your own research on the subject of mental illness, personal identity, the nature of the brain and how it relates to gender, etc., etc., without asking stupid questions.

Of course, you're not actually a student, or if you are you're a really bad one, so maybe that's too hard.
>>
File: 1375833970347.jpg (63 KB, 526x296) Image search: [Google]
1375833970347.jpg
63 KB, 526x296
>>47435689
>>
>>47437568
THE ONLY sensible post here man.

Sometimes I wish /pol/ was here to scare them away. This is really off topic discussion desu.
>>
>>47433355
Does it count if people gave the hobby a chance because they were into me, but they stuck around in the hobby long after we lost touch?
>>
>>47434575
>funny

Anon, thats how the curse spreads.

He chose you for sacrifice
>>
>>47438581
as if /tg/ would never go off-topic for entire threads...
>>
>>47438543
>Stupid questions.
>Doesn't answer it.
>Just calls me bad.

Wew lad. It's almost like you understand the concept of actually learning from those with mental disorders? Or understanding the mentally fucked thinking process of these people?

Or how one tries to stir up polite discussion.

In essence. You're a cunt.
>>
>>47433310
A little after I really got into board games, I bought my mother a copy of Love Letter, mostly so I could give her an idea of what I get up to every week at the FLGS.

She cared way more about my sharing than about the game itself. I even think she threw a round or two for me.
>>
>>47433355
Yeah, no. You are retarded. I play with people that have never heard what a tabletop role-playing was and never played videogames so the concept was alien to them.
>>
>>47438625
You're not trying to stir up polite discussion. You're transparent, dude, and not half as clever as you tell yourself on those rare times when you manage to suck in a sufficiently deep breath.
>>
Are any of the trannies in this thread actually homosexual? Because I know or know about 7 trannies in my home town, not a single fucking one of them lusts for people that have their former bits.
>>
>>47438668
Oh, thanks for the complements.

Ya know. Back to that research bit. You'd think being a thread full of trans would be a good place to learn more about their life experiences.

Maybe. Even ask them some actually tough and sharp questions.

But nope, just talking to you and wasting shitposting time.

Thanks mate. :^)
>>
>>47438691
My trans girlfriend's bisexual and has slept with men and women post-transition. It's not totally gay, but close.

The transgirls I know (I know zero transmen) are equally split between wanting the dick or the vag.
>>
>>47435950
/tg/ has always been nice to mentally ill people, it's nothing new
>>
File: 1463907123603.gif (483 KB, 243x270) Image search: [Google]
1463907123603.gif
483 KB, 243x270
>Begins with transgirls telling positive stories and how tabletop has helped them
>People pretend they're here to complain about off topic but are perfectly happy to scream abuse at trans girls for a thread
>Don't care at all, just want to spew hateful shit about a topic that the scientific and medical community disagree with them on

Every time.
>>
>>47438691
That question is kind of bullshit, but I think a thing of perspective. If a trans-woman identifies female and you wouldn't know that she is trans just by looking at her (because that is the case more often than not), she would be just a woman to you, right? So if that woman was into other woman, that would make her homosexual, right? How does being trans change anything anon?
>>
>>47438750
>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, WHY PEOPLE BULLY ME?!
Fuck off back to your own board, you fucking faggots.
>>
>>47436806
>a world where contrafactual statements are accepted is perfect
you're retarded
>>
File: images (43).jpg (8 KB, 213x236) Image search: [Google]
images (43).jpg
8 KB, 213x236
>>47438765
Like flies to honey.
>>
>>47438750
Yup, this thread went to shit. It was really nice while it lasted. I think the /pol/acks found out that someone had a moment where they could be positive about stuff and have serious and heartfelt discussions and thought "Fuck that noise, our live sucks so everybody else has to suffer too".
It's just the way the internet goes... a maelstrom of shit...
>>
>>47438750
Science called. They want you to stop abusing their terminology. Then the medical community called and said you're full of shit.
>>
>>47435616
Are you okay, bro?
>>
>>47438763

I define homosexuality as lusting for the same hormone-orientation at the time of puberty.

You a dude that likes dudes? Homo.
You a dude that chopped his bits off a decade or two after puberty and went through an artificial hormone treatment designed to alter your bodily configuration before going under extreme surgery that likes dudes? Homosexual. Change to Her where applicable and you get the same thing.

Don't dirty up the terms because they aren't fluid enough for you, unicorn squid.
>>
>>47435620
How does your boyfriend feel about your past as a man?
>>
>>47438815
Yeah the scientific community sure hasn't published any studies proving nuerological evidence for transgenderism.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20032-transsexual-differences-caught-on-brain-scan/

Whoops I dropped something. Yesh, anyway, the medical community sure doesn't either.

http://www.wpath.org/uploaded_files/140/files/Standards%20of%20Care,%20V7%20Full%20Book.pdf

Butterfingers! But yeah, totally right anon.
>>
File: tumblr_m2zaixeiIG1rscknlo7_1280.jpg (61 KB, 1280x736) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2zaixeiIG1rscknlo7_1280.jpg
61 KB, 1280x736
>>47438828
>>
File: FAG.png (645 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
FAG.png
645 KB, 722x525
>>47438765
>>
>>47435651
You mean that the whole onee-chan thing happens in real life too?
>>
>>47438872
It does, sometimes.
>>
>>47438858
>"scientific community"

let.me guess you think vaccines are safe and climate change is real, too, because "the scientific community" was paid to say it
>>
>>47438858
>insane people have brains that are different from those of sane people
This is news to no one.
>WPATH
Oh please. These fuckers want everyone to keep thinking that trannies are anything other than insane because they can keep selling their book.
>>
>>47438858
This is your evidence for Trannies NOT being mental freaks?

You know how schizophrenics may harm themselves? Yeah. You know how we stop that? (Or try)

So why would a good society allow the mentally handicapped try and find doctors to commit body mutilation.

You know of another mental disorder? There's a mental disorder where people physically try and remove their left leg. Just the left.

You think the leg haters deserve a movement?
>>
>>47438858

I don't agree with that guy, at all actually; but you gotta be fair and point out that a good portion of the modern "scientific" community gives a negative amount of fucks about actual factual things and just publishes whatever they think will get them more interest, thus more funding and kudos, especially on such a hot-button topic.
>>
File: 1408071199249.gif (3 MB, 549x347) Image search: [Google]
1408071199249.gif
3 MB, 549x347
to the escape pod's /pol/ has shit up another thread!
>>
>>47438912
>You think the leg haters deserve a movement?
well yeah, they're going to need a leg up after that
>>
>>47438891
Way to reveal your IQ anon.
>>
>>47438928
>get confronted with cold hard facts
>cry like a little bitch
>>
>>47438928

The Imperium doesn't care about trannies.

Mostly because they are all dead by the age of twenty, or cultists, or Nobility and can afford to have a Magos Biologis take time out of his busy day to cater to them and tweak their hormone production.
>>
>>47438939
>i believe the media lies like a good little sheep
>climate change will KILL US ALL unless we give all our money to the magic science men

lmao
>>
>>47438963
Of course the media lies. Remember when they said that the nigger Black Lives Matter was throwing their latest temper tantrum over wasn't a fucking criminal?
>>
>>47438935
Oh you.
>>
>>47438912
Because schizophrenic people are the same level of functionality as trans people. It's not like trans people, whrn given appropriate treatment at a decent age, have the capacity to go on and live normal lives. We should deny them access to the possibility of happiness because it makes you uncomfortable.

You understand that this study will lead to further studies to clarify the cause and more effective diagnosis of people at early ages?

And you understand that therapy doesn't work, right? That the most effective treatment has been shown to be HRT? Because people like you always seem to not realize people have tried therapy before, that it's not very easy to get on hormones at all. It's a last resort. The option is transitioning or suicide. Funnily enough, we treat both schizophrenia and transgenderism with trying to balance a chemical imbalance. In the case of trans people, estrogen improves quality of life. Why do you think doctors perscribe it?
>>
>>47438625
>Or understanding the mentally fucked thinking process of these people?
>Or how one tries to stir up polite discussion.

>psychology student
Wew. You can tell now. You only got in for the girls.
>>
>>47439063

>going into psychology for the bitches

I don't think even life-time convicts are that desperate, or dumb, dear anon.

7/10 times they aren't worth even the minimum amount of effort.
>>
>>47439060
>You understand that this study will lead to further studies to clarify the cause and more effective diagnosis of people at early ages?
Oh, so you're going to spot little Timmy idly looking at a Barbie doll too long, snatch him away from his parents, chop his cock and balls off, inject some drugs into his brain and go around telling everyone that you've "successfully treated" him?
>>
>>47439038
I'm a step ahead of all the blogging drag queens, for sure.
>>
>>47438945
>Cold hard facts
>Scientific studies vs. conspiracies about the liberal media

Alright buddy.

>>47438984
>Saying nigger is a conversation about a social movement
>Expect anyone to take you seriously
>>
>>47438945
>cold hard facts
>goes "LOL SCIENCE PFFFRT WHATEVER"
O-kay. I guess.
>>
>>47439080
>Oh, so you're going to spot little Timmy idly looking at a Barbie doll too long, snatch him away from his parents, chop his cock and balls off, inject some drugs into his brain and go around telling everyone that you've "successfully treated" him?
yea
>>
>>47439080
>A study by Sean Deoni‘s team at King’s College London suggests it may soon be possible to look for these differences in such children. Deoni’s team adapted an MRI scanner to be as quiet as possible so it could be used to monitor the development of white matter in sleeping infants. Using new image analysis software they could track when and where myelin – the neuron covering that makes white matter white – was laid down (Journal of Neuroscience, vol 31, p 784). Although the sample was too small to identify any gender differences in development, Deoni expects to see differences developing in the brain “by 2 or 3 years of age”

Nice reading comprehension there.
>>
>>47439088

I find it odd that you took that "Nigger" comment as something other than a throw-away line meant to throw smoke in the air.
>>
File: 1452521724659.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1452521724659.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>47439080
>>
>>47439108
>reading comprehension
>implying that I read your bullshit at all
>>
>>47439109
What? You meant to confuse the reader? Is that the implication?
>>
>>47439123
Why are you even trying to argue then?
>>
>>47439080
it's funny how you people like to pretend you're not the ones with the track record of murder and sick human experimentation
>>
>>47439136
Because once this thread hits 300 posts, it'll leave the front page for good and we will no longer have fucking trannies shitting up the front page. At least, not until the next time they decide to shit up a thread. It's an uphill climb.
>>
>>47439134

I'm a third party observer, and that was frankly obscenely obvious.

As far as I'm concerned, you both are idiots and should take this to a private chat room so you can work through your differences and anger in a nice, awkward and grammar-butchered ERP.
>>
>>47439082
Yes you are. Never change you beautiful bastard.
>>
>>47439148
>front page
Oh God, you really are a fucking retard!
>>
>>47439123
Maybe if you did you wouldn't think diagnosis of transgenderism is "staring at barbies" or that treatment, especially at a young age, is "cutting your dick off".

Because the article talks about using the data to match nuerological scans to developing patterns of transgender people so-as to delay puberty at 13 and largely negate transitioning.

It's a scientific method based on facts and studies. Not some sort of liberal agenda.
>>
>>47439146
>you people
My, that sounds awfully bigoted.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.