[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song of Swords: Mandatory Gun Ownership
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: a253483d26566bacd9bee92ea52b7b51.jpg (392 KB, 1125x1596) Image search: [Google]
a253483d26566bacd9bee92ea52b7b51.jpg
392 KB, 1125x1596
Last time on Song of Swords:

First characters for Ballad tournament
Not!Algeria campaign in roll20 looks for new players
What is Berkukha?

Song of Swords is a realistic fantasy tabletop RPG that draws inspiration from historical fechtbuchs, weapons and armor. Its combat system is fast and it can be used for both fantasy and historical/mundane settings.

Call of the Void is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

Here's a .rar archive with the newest version of the rules as well as all related current working documents. At this time the latest version is v1.9.9:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/12xqm1p2q69m392/Song_of_Swords.rar

Here's a walkthrough on creating a character
http://paste2.org/aKfOBmWJ

Here's a walkthrough on weapon schools for SoS 1.9.9 with examples
http://paste2.org/6OyOsFM3

Here's Ballad of the Laser Whales' latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9d7256c33g7wrgv/CoTV+Ballad+of+the+Laser+Whales+Alpha+1.2.pdf

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

The Legend rests in the drug coffin
>>
Gdoc for the tournament: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GrFDhxzNwr_Y75lOyVUELlX9lUhKjEceHsEECx94nBM/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

More participants would be welcome
>>
>>47387908
I think I have a good if sightly powergamey concept, I'll work on it later tonight.
>>
What do the second numbers on the Prosthetics mean in Ballad? For example
>Armored (5GP/1)
Does it use one Augmentation Slot? Or is it something else entirely?
>>
>>47388473
I think it's Purity Loss per augmentation
>>
File: sos drawfag.png (407 KB, 473x961) Image search: [Google]
sos drawfag.png
407 KB, 473x961
>Last thread
>>
>>47388584
Well, let's hope that. Otherwise I'd need to move a point from somewhere to Wealth to be able to afford what I made for the tournament
>>
>>47388584
>>47388473
See I thought it was the number of slots the mod took up.
>>
>>47389275
Yes!

It is, see Integrated Weapon.
>>
>>47389275
I (the one who asked and the guy just before your post) think the same right now.
Looking at Integrated weapon its second number is listed as "Variable" and the only thing that changes is the Augmentation slots for different sized weapons.

So, fuck. The Folding shield is Expensive as fuck.
15x5+20 GP
>>
I haven't been keeping up with this the last few months.

Has a magic system been implemented yet?
>>
>>47389515
>Has a magic system been implemented yet?
There was Void Magic update for Ballad. Check new version for details.
>>
The last thread went to bump limit and this one is dying not even 50 posts in. What the fuck?
>>
>>47391424
It's dying after 10 posts which is impressive
>>
So are we allowed to use luck for Salvation in the tournament or is it one and done?
>>
>>47391555
You may use luck as it is presented in the book. The comedy one will require the adjudicator to provide cost and validity though.
>>
>>47391650
Addendum. For the sake of preventing this getting rather silly, Salvation is a one-off. Death only plays his game once.
>>
File: demomantakesskill.png (39 KB, 960x626) Image search: [Google]
demomantakesskill.png
39 KB, 960x626
>>47392505
Thanks for the info, the char is coming but might not be finished tonight.

Get hype.
>>
File: i wonder.gif (826 B, 120x160) Image search: [Google]
i wonder.gif
826 B, 120x160
>>47392692
sad thing is I had the same idea
>>
>>47388670
That's all he needs to do, really.
>>
File: Questioning_bale.jpg (61 KB, 441x665) Image search: [Google]
Questioning_bale.jpg
61 KB, 441x665
>>47392951
If you want it really badly I could try something else but I'm sure not sure there's enough PCP on offer to get enough magic bullshit.
>>
>>47393443
Literally Way of Five
>>
File: pro street nigga.jpg (77 KB, 777x728) Image search: [Google]
pro street nigga.jpg
77 KB, 777x728
>>47393443
Nah, I'm going Void guy. My sheet's about finished regardless, go for it man.
>>
>>47387854
The only thing holding me back from playing this game is that the magic system is absent, even though I fully intended to run a low magic pseudo-historical game anyway.
>>
>>47393654

I mean if you are doing low magick you could just have magick be rules lite as fuck and just go to the "new age religion" section pick up a book that says grimoire. Then force them to do all the steps
>>
File: CotV Alpha 1.3.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
CotV Alpha 1.3.pdf
1 B, 486x500
cyka cyka cyka BLYAT
>>
>>47394433
wat change
>>
>>47395463
-Void Powers Clarified
-Augmentations Clarified
-Single-Action cut from the revolvers that shouldn't have it
-Janovich 1488
-Other shit
>>
File: bushwhacker.jpg (150 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
bushwhacker.jpg
150 KB, 540x720
>>47395551
Oh, and the SLC-60B Bushwhacker.
>>
>>47395834
Oh fun
>>
>>47395551
>ingle-Action
Sweet
>>
>>47395551
Machineguns with higher RoF seem to be worse than their slower analogues. They waste a lot of ammo without hitting more targets. Was it intended?
>>
>>47400041
Sounds true to reality
>>
>>47400041
Higher RoFs can suppress a wider area. Whether that is all that much of a benefit, its there.
>>
>>47395551
Ammunition, grenades and rockets need weight stat.
>>
>>47401041
Honestly high rates of fire are just plain old inconvenient most of the time.
>>
>>47400041
They're good for suppressive fire, which is tied to ROF in how wide of an area you can suppress. It's good in a military context where you can mow down an entire platoon with something like an MG-42, but it isn't so useful in individual combat.

Which is sort of true to form. How many robberies have you seen performed with LMGs? Hell, in America you used to be able to mail-order them out of magazines, and still nobody ever used them for anything nefarious.
>>
>>47402043
>Ballad of the Armed Robbery
>>
What happened to Japanese campaign guy? I'm missing his stories.
>>
File: The_League_of_Gentleman.jpg (34 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
The_League_of_Gentleman.jpg
34 KB, 448x252
>>47402101
I'd run it.
>>
So, when I have the Folding Shield Augmentation for an arm prosthetic, can I still use the hand of the arm it's installed on, when the shield is deployed?
Otherwise I would consider it way to expensive.
>>
>>47407577
I think it's folded into forearm so you can still hold something in the hand, use it and enjoy passive protection of small buckler. You can't actively block with it and shoot at the same time.
>>
>>47407878
Alright then I can see the cost as, at least somewhat, appropriate.
>>
Bump
>>
Can we submit more than one character for the tournament?
>>
File: Smug_Bale_Equilibrium.jpg (39 KB, 330x500) Image search: [Google]
Smug_Bale_Equilibrium.jpg
39 KB, 330x500
>>47393443
>>47393517
Fug it Demo man was too much money and weight for me to be happy with, Bale is coming.
>>
>>47410798
If it's 1v1's ala "the land of coliseums", I'd say sure but if it's a battle royale, I'd probably advise against it. How do people want it? Aside from loaded, cocked and inserted into both holes.
>>
>>47412803
I kind of like the Battle Royal format for Ballad, my ideal formant would be fireteam vs fireteam but 1v1 would have been my last choice.
>>
File: 1416705732198.png (478 KB, 918x558) Image search: [Google]
1416705732198.png
478 KB, 918x558
To start things off, let me give you the star lineup of this crew. Firstly, we had a scandanavian pagan chef who was trying to stay out of the eye of the church so he could peacefully live out his days cooking. His only weapon was a bo-staff with a hook attached for fishing, the man never once entered combat. Secondly, we had a cancerous dwarf. Whom, in a bout of insanity no doubt, decided that he was to become the greatest warrior in all the land. Also in a similar mindset, was the proud Władysław Poleski of lendia. This man was played by our normal group's gm, and really brought personality to the mix. His happy-go-lucky attitude as well as his intense devotion to church and family was something to behold. Poleski wasn't without his problems however, as the lad had fled Lendia on suspicion of murdering a noble. Of course, no party can go without a dirty zell, and ours was a midget with a wheelbow who was trying to figure out who--or what--destroyed his boat. Lastly, we had the most beautiful damn Ohanedin I've ever seen. This Fred flintstone had accidentally chopped down a sacred tree of his tribe as a kid, and was made to swear an oath to carry the stump for the rest of his life. As such, this brute was jacked far beyond jojo levels. His speech was reminiscent of that one alien brute from guardians of the galaxy.
>>
This was the setup for a campaign a few years back, and it started in the most DnD way possible--goblin hunting
>>
The party had formed in a small town in Galli near the northern coastal border of the Reich. Money was scarce amongst these various adventurers, so they had decided to team up to take on a local burdinadin goblin hunting contract. As they party approached the group of goblins conveniently outside during the evening hours of the day, they noticed something odd. Four goblins were gathered around a pinned fifth goblin and were hacking one of its limbs off for food. Moved by the poor little guy's cries of pain, the dwarf leyroy'd the situation and forced the entire group into combat. The zell loosed a shot and Fred Flinstone puréed a goblin with his stump. Poleski tried fruitlessly for a few rounds to bop one with his bardiche before realizing tn 8 is a sad time and drawing his saber. The dwarf rushed to the dismembered goblin's side and proceeded to give it first aid to the dismay of the party. The cook merely sat on a nearby rock and had a drink. Combat was short, but now the party was gathered around a legless goblin trying to decide what to do with it.
>>
>>47413001
The only problem with a battle royal is that ambushes become near impossible. I suppose I could run each contestant on parallel with a main one for the audience.
>>
What are you going to do with him?
Keep him?
What? He can't walk?
I'll carry him.
Fine, your damn problem.
The cook, Poleski, and the dwarf argued over the legless goblin for a few minutes. The zell went off to investigate the goblin cave while Fred attempted to feed his stump blood from a severed goblin arm. This concerned the group slightly, as he was talking to the stump and had apparently named it Arboryx. This was brushed aside when the zell mentioned there was stuff in the abandoned cave. The cook and Poleski moved to investigate while the dwarf stuffed the unconscious goblin in his emptied out backpack. The aforementioned stuff was mostly coated in shit, but some shinies were to be found. A few silver pressed into what could be assumed to be mud, a silver locket underneath a pile of tattered books, etc. With looting done, the group packed up and headed to collect their reward. A few miles into the walk, the dwarfs backpack began to squirm a little. Surprised, the dwarf set it down and opened the flap. Out poked the confused goblin's head. What surprised the group even more was that they understood it when it opened its mouth.

Where is Spoon?
Your name is Spoon?
Who are you?
I am your new friend?
Spoon has no friends.
Then you are my pet.

A casual conversation ensued about the ramifications of keeping a talking goblin in one's backpack, so it was decided to keep Spoon under wraps whenever possible.
>>
Back at town, the tired party cashed in their reward, and then split off to rest for the night. Everyone woke and gathered around the local bounty board to find a new job, but a problem was quickly found.
What does this say?
Can't you read?
No, can you?
Of course not, who here can read?

No hands were raised.

Faced with the prospect of poor education stunting the campaign, a groggy goblin poked the top of its head out of the dwarf's bag.

Words! Spoon likes words!
Spoon, you can read?
Of course, Spoon likes to read, that's why family try to eat Spoon.
Neat, what does this say Spoon.

I was running this campaign with another friend of mine, and we had jokingly made a half campaign strength character sheet the night before. To further amuse ourselves, Spoon was literate in ten languages. Understand our further amusement when we discovered literacy was actually an issue for the party.

Anyways, trusty Spoon began to read off the job listings. The obvious plot driving job was to guard a delivery caravan sent from the burds to the Eisenspieße of the Reich, but the party decided to say fuck that and go to a celebration being held in the capital of Galli. So the party trudged off to go have themselves a good old time.

I think I'll stop there for the night, but I'll continue this story if people actually liked it.
>>
>>47414221
>I am your new friend?
>Spoon has no friends.
>Then you are my pet.
That's like maximum PC logic right there.
>>
>>47414397
Please do
>>
File: yuriy-romanyk-render2-1.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1675) Image search: [Google]
yuriy-romanyk-render2-1.jpg
361 KB, 1920x1675
A challenger approaches! Made an edgelord for the tourney, should be a good time.

https://paste2.org/eAk1NCPd
>>
>>47413836
>>47413836
>and was made to swear an oath to carry the stump for the rest of his life
I'm dieing over here.
>>
>>47414397
Go ahead and continue. Your game group is a bit silly for my tastes, but you sound like you had fun and your story is pretty funny. You don't see much lighthearted SoS.
>>
File: kill me now.jpg (35 KB, 800x307) Image search: [Google]
kill me now.jpg
35 KB, 800x307
>>47395834
How do underslung weapons work in CotV? Are they even a thing?
>>
>>47418028
Slow down there partner, we're still at WW2-Korea, tech-wise. No underslungs yet. Although you could pretty easily do them in the same way you do Hand-Off in SoS, just a statblock you can switch to.
>>
>>47418122
Well there is that !Algerian campaign, which might be a little more forward in the tech spectrum.
>>
File: friend.png (701 KB, 1069x1113) Image search: [Google]
friend.png
701 KB, 1069x1113
>>47411308
Shame, would have gone great with what I was planning.

>>47418458
Admittedly, I am jumping forward, but late 1950s/early 60s tech ain't much a jump, to be honest. I *am* taking quite a bit of liberty assuming that Arlonite weapon industries are still a thing, if not in Arlon at least taken over by Deventer.
>>
File: Genosus.jpg (8 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
Genosus.jpg
8 KB, 230x300
>>47387854
Behold Genosus has been sighted on Crusade
>>
File: melancholy knight.jpg (216 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
melancholy knight.jpg
216 KB, 1280x719
>tfw no fecht in forever
>>
>>47419870
https://youtu.be/PivWY9wn5ps?t=1m17s
>>
>>47419870
It could be worse. There could be a Patreon, and instead of providing Fechts, Jimmu could be doing Wrestling reviews.
>>
Oh shit. That other anon rolled for Cybernetic rejection. Well guess I'll do the same then. What's my pool for rolling that? Just the Purity level before installing the prosthetic?

Damn, with my bad luck my character dies of septic infection before the tournament then or something.
>>
So if I'm blasting away with my twin pistols on regular fire and let's say that two shots from my left and one shot from my right lands on some poor devil's abdomen.

Will those all those shots do half-damage additions or will righty and lefty resolve separately?
>>
>>47420389
Don't roll and just buy implants. We assume you dealt with consequences of augmetation off-screen.
>>
>>47420441
They will deal 1 full damage plus 2 instances of half-damage as long as they hit same area in the same phase
>>
>>47416439
The best part was, because he decided to be close to two hundred years old, he was partially insane and considered the stump to be a living friend. He fed it, bathed it, killed with it. Arboryx was his only true friend, perhaps even his soulmate, and they were literally jnseperable.
>>
File: 1458967402698.jpg (153 KB, 618x872) Image search: [Google]
1458967402698.jpg
153 KB, 618x872
What is best in life? 1851 Colt Navy Revolver, Colt Woodsman 3rd Series Match Target or a modified Arisaka Type 99 Rifle?
>>
>>47421946
For what? If I'm going to fight someone in Manchuria I'll take the Arisaka, if I'm going to fight someone in the streets of Deadwood or in an enclosed space I'll take the Colt Navy.

I don't even know what that middle one is, but I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that something with "Match Target" in its name is probably good for target shooting and nothing else.
>>
>>47421946
>Colt Woodsman
>.22
No thanks.
>>
Question for Jimmo, or whoever else might know it:
So SoS will be released in two books, right? Once focusing on mechanics, the other on setting.
Is there any plan to fully release Ballad as well? And if so, will it be another setting book? Do the setting books contain all the equipment for the related setting, or will the SoS core book contain Tattered realms weapons and the second book will really be only fluff?
>>
>>47423172
I'm betting it'll be a self-contained source book. Possibly a standalone game using the same engine, like it is now.
>>
Bamperu~
>>
File: FB_IMG_1462819124902.jpg (308 KB, 1529x2048) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462819124902.jpg
308 KB, 1529x2048
>>47425578
Gotta post something fechty, friend.
>>
>>47421946
Another 100% accurate image of the intended world of Ballad of the Laser Whales.
>>
>>47387854
hello i've been away for a while anything new lads
>>
>>47427600
nope, you're still a fag
>>
File: OOOooh HOH HOH HOOH.jpg (153 KB, 1018x1304) Image search: [Google]
OOOooh HOH HOH HOOH.jpg
153 KB, 1018x1304
>>47427635
HAH!
>>
File: Atracadores_11c.jpg (105 KB, 707x372) Image search: [Google]
Atracadores_11c.jpg
105 KB, 707x372
>>47402043
>How many robberies have you seen performed with LMGs?

One:

"Ullared, 23 December 1993: the League's driver covering the street with a KSP 58 through a hole in the roof of the stolen van."
>>
Bump
>>
>>47428646
What's the context for this? All google gives me (in English) is that Ullared is in Sweden.
>>
>>47429715
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&u=https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milit%25C3%25A4rligan&prev=search
>>
>>47430388
Interesting, thank you.
>>
>>47430648
Yeah, its pretty crazy.
>>
>>47427600
A whole new game.

Two of them.
>>
>>47434009
Only one so far. Jimmy said he's making a third, but he also said the Kickstarter would happen in 2014
>>
>>47428646
Bonnie and Clyde were famous for using BAR's.
>>
>>47435399
Well, I found my next campaign's NPC benefactor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Dexter
http://priceonomics.com/the-strange-life-of-lord-timothy-dexter/
>>
From the current 1.3.1

>Level 3: The World is Mine [15]
Activate at the very start of a Round. There is now a 0th Phase which you may act in
before any other Phases begin. You also gain +4 to your Base Defense.

>Level 2: Immaterial [10]
Activate at the start of a Round. You gain +4 to your Base Defense for the entire Round.

So, RAW, World is Mine gives a +4 to your Base Defence forever, every single time you use it. And it's 0th Phase also never stops existing. Neat.
>>
There's also not any specification of when you get the points for powers back, Way of Five you get foucus back at the start of the round but void powers have no such line.
>>
>>47387854
Hello long time tRoS player who happened to recently discover this system and wants to know what changes are there to the combat specifically and where can I find rules on magic?
>>
>>47437009
Haha! Funny story we don't have SoS magic yet.

We have an idea of what it might look like but no actual rules except the magic for Ballad.
>>
>>47436968
I would assume it's very quickly. Zells need to use Spiderwalk to not fly into the sky when they visit the surface of an island, and since the most powerful level of the spell only lasts for a maximum of three rounds it must happen sometime inside this period. However, if so it would mean every single Zell you meet on the top of an island must at least be capable of casting Void Magic on the scale of [World is Mine] or [Dust to Dust]
>>
>>47437009
Jimmy added Yellow die to the initiative declaration. It works as the opposite of opponent's die, defensive against Red or aggresive against White. Weapon TNs, damage and AV were raised. Proficiencies grant Talents at certain levels. New maneuvers like Quick Defense. New stat Grit that reduces Pain from wounds and psychic trauma.
>>
>>47437009
>>47437336
Also there are changes to the initiative system incoming. They plan to implement the system from "Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales" in SoS.
>>
>>47436968
Under "Powers" it says that you gain Void equal to your Capacity back at the beginning of every Round.

So basically if you can Spiderwalk at all, you can just do it indefinitely.
>>
>>47437715
Level 1 expires in about 2s, as it lasts only as long as a single phase.
>>
>>47436830
It says at the beginning of void powers that their effects last one found unless specified otherwise
>>
>>47437715
So long as you can maintain that cost, which would be 15/5/5(1) respectively per level, the (1) represents the effective cost per round of 3
>>
File: 1414448807866.jpg (78 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1414448807866.jpg
78 KB, 500x332
>>47426553
Like so?

>>47423521
Hm, yeah. I guess that's the most likely thing.
I just thought something like ... I guess similair to Savage Worlds would be nice.
Have the core book contain the standard fantasy races, historical arms, and one or two magic stuffs.
Then have the Tattered Realms book, which provides own races and arms and stuff.
And then have Ballad in the same way as the TR book.

That way you'd end up with a system that is kind of modular, like SW or something.
>>
>>47440218
I like the idea of a generic core book. I think the rules for Tattered Realms specific stuff is pushed a bit too hard, and that it might put off one of the biggest target audiences for The Riddle of Steel fans, historical gamers.

On the other hand, needing a source book to run a TR game from day one would kind of suck. They're planning on releasing the books online as well, so it wouldn't be as bad, but it might get a bit expensive to try and own all the books.
>>
>>47440146
Then why does Immaterial say "for the entire round"?
>>
>>47400041
>I don't understand what suppression is
>I don't know how absolutely terrifying it is to hear a constant buzzling of bullets
>>
>>47402043
Maybe because when pulling a robbery, last thing you want to do is carrying a gun that weights 10 kilos or more.
>>
>>47441023
Not that guy, but what I'm asking myself is: Is it possible to hit anything with that thing without being braced? the TN 11 seems to not even allow for a lucky hit that has to happen out of chance at some point
>>
>>47441052
The TN is 10 in 1.3, it appears to have been revised.
>>
File: .jpg (4 MB, 3400x4400) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
4 MB, 3400x4400
>>47441152
Oh alright then
>>
Does being ambidextrous do anything for someone holding two pistols?
>>
>>47441023
How is wider area of suppression is any better against small infantry units? Slower MGs are almost always better.
>>
>>47441210
Yes, it negates the off hand penalty for one I think.
Wait, there isn't even one.
Guess no then, but wait for more knowledeable anons than me
>>
>>47441263
Doesn't the off hand penalty from SoS apply?
>>
File: .png (122 KB, 608x376) Image search: [Google]
.png
122 KB, 608x376
>>47442643
the only thing I find is pic related, which only mentiones a penalty for "two larger weapons in each hand", and pistols are not particularly large I think.
Or have I missed some other general penalty? I searched the text for "Off-hand" and did not find more, or I overlooked it.
>>
>>47387854
Can SoS's weapon modifications be used in the tourney?
>>
>>47442708
>>47442643
It it were me, I'd rule that any pistol with Conceal [2] or worse would count as larger weapon. Dual wielding Desert Eagles just seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>47443294
Well you already get a -4 for duel welding in the first place I'm not sure it need to be worse, maybe a penalty for one-handing large pistols? Then again that might make cool hand cannons totally unviable.
>>
>>47441023
t. Jimmy Rome

Higher ROF of Machineguns is bad in Ballad.
>>
>>47443242
Sure, why not?
>>
>>47443514
Someone pointed out to me that the -4 applies only, when actually USING them both in one Phase. Not just for holding them.
>>
>>47443610
Not necessarily let's take the Type 702 vs MG71 or ROF 15 vs 30.

The Type 702 can suppress combatants in a 45m circle while the MG 72 can pin down fools in 90m area double that!

The Type 702 can potentially hit 15 times in that phase after which the suppression stops while the MG 72 can go all the way up to 30 hits.

In a mass combat scenario the MG 71 would therefore most likely be the superior weapon. All this said however suppression does feel a little strange right now in that only hits cancel it which I feel could lead to some very strange situations. As it stands there is an advantage to high ROF but it's situational (which is fine) and rather marginal (which I don't think is fine). I think you could solve it by make suppression easier to cancel without actually getting having to get hit by having some sort of base consumption every time suppression results in an attack.
>>
>>47440852
Because jimmy employs autistic fucks who must reassure every detail to prevent RAW fags from exploiting every detail. It's the exact reason why grapple specifies "must have limbs"
>>
>>47443704
Revolver Fackelwerfer, here I come.
>>
>>47444894
RIP Worm, we miss you.
>>
>>47445021
wat
>>
>>47447970
"torch-thrower" in German, apparently. Maybe some kind of flaregun?
>>
File: fack off.png (11 KB, 713x109) Image search: [Google]
fack off.png
11 KB, 713x109
>>47447970
>>47448061
>>
>>47444894
>>47447608
>It's the exact reason why grapple specifies "must have limbs"
It's never not had that clause. The thing with The Worm was that it was debatable as to whether or not the Head counted as a limb.
>>
>>47448061
>>47448522
What conceivable use could such a thing have?
>>
>>47449370
What was the version used in the first tournament? My records only contain Original Alpha, Halloween Pre-Alpha, 1.5 (the nicest looking one), and all of the 1.9.x's. All of the ones that have grappling have the Requires Limbs tag, like you say.
>>
>>47449374
TN 6 Flashbangs/Poison Grenades rolled on MP not ADR, and subject to Aim. Also It's Fun.
>>
>>47448522
Flares, man.
>>
File: two tickets to the gun show.gif (3 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
two tickets to the gun show.gif
3 MB, 448x252
>>47450174
How much damage do you think it'll do if you shoot someone with a flare? Would it be regular damage, fire dumage or something non-lethal like SoS unarmed?
>>
File: 55418539_p0.png (441 KB, 700x1032) Image search: [Google]
55418539_p0.png
441 KB, 700x1032
Make Rahoo great again
>>
>>47451684
Flareguns aren't too strong, there's a video on the internet of someone shooting himself in the side of the head with one on purpose and he isn't even phased.
>>
>>47452302
Link to the video?
>>
>>47452302
I find that really hard to believe, but I'd like to see the video.
>>
>>47452302
fazed
>>
>>47456137
You don't phase between dimensions when flares hit you?

Casual.
>>
>>47453277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPTjTChQRfc
this one maybe
>>
>>47458690
He doesn't look unfazed.

He looks dead.
>>
>>47458881
It's hard to faze a dead guy.
>>
>>47458690
>>47458881
That's literally him at like 24 though, saying he just shot himself in the head with a flare gun.

Can't tell what kind of accent these goofs have though.
>>
>>47462124
American accent.
>>
>>47458690
Miami is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>47452302
Do flareguns vary in power, or are they all more or less equal and equivalent?

I imagine there are multiple kinds of flares out there for different uses.
>>
>>47466289
I mean, there's flares fired by rifle mounted grenade launcher.
Those would hurt a lot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbaHxV0OVGc&list=UULkTF30pU2c32zxHqPKYQLg&index=18

Who are the Latins in the world of the Laser Whales?
>>
File: 019840-00.png (12 KB, 396x106) Image search: [Google]
019840-00.png
12 KB, 396x106
Bamparu
>>
>>47458690
>Darwin Award
>>
>>47451684
I would say that a hit from a flare gun, grenade launcher (assuming somehow the grenade doesn't explode) or similar device would inflict a bludgeoning wound at 4-6 Strength, depending on the model. This probably wouldn't be increased by BS as normal. This might also count for less-lethal rounds like beanbag guns or riot-suppression shells.
>>
>>47470612
Grenade launcher grenades don't arm until they've traveled 5 meters from the barrel at least.
>>
>>47470679
Does that apply to old-timey ones as well?
Since when do people use those, anyway?
>>
>>47470730
They first started appearing in Vietnam I think. It's in the shell, so whenever the modern she'll style started appearing.
>>
>>47470730
It doesn't apply to old style rifle grenades, I think.
>>
>>47470730
Older ones worked on a fuse, which was usually something around an 8 second fuse, ones that detonated on impact weren't used until somewhere around the start of nam
>>
>>47472411
Older grenades were basically just hand grenades, sometimes in miniature and sometimes not.
>>
>>47472411
Speaking of fuses, I watched Black Sails a while ago and they did something I thought was interesting. The situations was a bunch of British attacking a beach, and they brought those small mortars that could be carried by two people. They fired those typical ball shaped bombs, and measured and cut the fuses before firing to create an airburst effect. Is that historical?
>>
>>47474701
I'd assume that the fuses were cut generally (that is, not necessarily for an airburst effect), because you want the enemy to have the shortest possible time to run away.

But to actually, reliably produce and airburst effect seems like it wouldn't work. The fuses would have to work at a constant speed (both per fuse and generally), and you'd have to know the airtime pretty precisely, as the couple of meters that would determine wether or not you are succesfull would pass in parts of a second.
>>
>>47474761
Well, maybe the airburst thing was just a fluke. I don't think it was specifically mentioned in the show. They just said something like "cut to one inch" or whatever.
>>
>>47474807
Well, I think it would make sense, but I don't know wether or not that was generally done. I'm quite sure that somebody did it, because soldiers tend to ignore regulations.
>>
>>47474701
I know that variable timed fuses were used in flak to adjust for enemy altitude, but I have no sources of it being used in mortars as early as that film.would suggest. That being said, those old ball mortars do look hilarious. There's a classic wwi video of some Brutus firing one out of a trench that looks terrifying
>>
>>47474701
Yes fuses were cut back then for the firing distance.
>>
>>47470612
>less-lethal rounds
Any idea what Pepper Spray/Balls would be like in Ballad?
>>
File: 1464323407068.jpg (2 MB, 2032x1453) Image search: [Google]
1464323407068.jpg
2 MB, 2032x1453
>>47470612
Yo Jimmy, getting the itch to play Dragons Dogma again. Gizka still -lvl100? Fucking update her man, she was a kickass pawn even when I was 50 levels above her. Last time I played BBI pushed her shit in though.
>>
>>47478789
He'll update her after updating SoS.
>>
>>47478789
>>47479745

Anyone else here still play Dragons dogma (on PC) and need a pawn hire?
>>
>>47478789
That armor inflates my dick.
>>
File: 1458569739201.jpg (329 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458569739201.jpg
329 KB, 1920x1080
>>47482074
Yeah, the guy who made the edits/mods for always seemed pretty cool. Very into history and seemed to know a lot about various saints. I did direct him this way but I have no idea if he ever came to visit.
>>
>>47483629
He probably came around during a Zell musclegirl discussion and never returned.
>>
>>47477070
What is a pepper ball?
>>
File: Weiss.jpg (283 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Weiss.jpg
283 KB, 1600x900
>>47484366
Why would anyone ever want to leave?
>>
>>47485206
A large glob of pepper meant to induce uncontrollable sneezing in an attacker, effectively rendering them incapacitated if shot in the face.
>>
>>47487304
I was about two-thirds of the way through typing a post asking why you wouldn't just use a regular bullet when I remembered that I'm an American.
>>
How to never waste money on energy drinks again
By Jingo Rumble

Step 1: Go to the supermarket. Purchase:
A spice container of crystalized ginger.
A tin of molasses, preferably barbados, not black.
Seltzer water if you're the sort of queer who likes bubbles in his drink.

Step 2: Combine two liters of water with a few tablespoons of molasses and a small handful of ginger, crushed into powder. (use a rock you stupid monkey.)

Step 3: Add vinegar. You will notice that I did not include it on your list of ingrediants--that is because it is supposed to be impromptu. Go find something that resembles vinegar in your wageslave apartment and add a small amount to the drink.

Step 4: You've just invented the pinnacle of German civilization. It's called Switzel. Congratulations. Pinochet did nothing wrong, brussel sprouts are delicious, try making this drink with honey if you're French, maple syrup if you're Canadian, or nothing sweet if you're a Roman.
>>
>>47487605
Imagine a cooking show with a drunken guy in centurion army staggering over the place, trying to cut onions and cabbage with a gladius.

This is how I picture Jimmy in day to day life.
>>
>>47487673
You've discovered why sos has been delayed so much. Jimmu is too busy filming his new cooking show:The Organic Centurian
>>
>>47488691
>You see, Jingo, legion is like an onion..
>>
Alright. I've read through the system, seems pretty neat and all, but what is up with the banter in this thread? Jimmy? Weiss? Organic Centurions?
>>
>>47485206

It's a good way to clear a street.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper-spray_projectile

https://youtu.be/aQ3qMpgZjwg?t=3m8s
>>
File: Jim-Jams.jpg (123 KB, 1300x940) Image search: [Google]
Jim-Jams.jpg
123 KB, 1300x940
>>47487605
Oh, so it's like Posca, we drink that at boffer events sometimes.

>>47488835
Jimmy is one of the creators of the game, a drunken california nazi, and a fervent Romanaboo. Since he doesn't use a tripcode, he is sometimes impersonated by others, and others have taken to using name+people/location handles.
Organic Centurion is new to this thread and is someone imagining him doing a cooking show.

I think Weiss refers to the RWBY character.
>>
>>47488835
The game is in a lull right now as the editors slowly (like molasses) put the finishing touches on the game before its kickstarter release, so we all play the dysfunctional family and talk about things that amuse us. Occassionally, people run a fecht or tell a session story. All is fun and games here at the moment. We even get lore when jimmy is sober.
>>
Looks like people are complaining about the thread's stale bread mentality. How about I give you folks the next installment of the adventures of spoon and party tonight to add something relevant again?
>>
>>47489333
That would be great
>>
>>47489333
Stories are always good, so I don't see why not.
>>
>>47489413
Alright folks, I'll look into doing that later tonight. Prepare yourselves for a poorly written clusterfuck of SoS session.
>>
>>47489507
>poorly written clusterfuck of SoS session.
Well, it's in line with the style of the rules.
>>
>>47488835
Weiss is a character from the Dragons Dogma thread over at /vg/.

I only posted her because I didn't have any pics of muscle girl elves and she was the closest. I might actually go make one in the Dragons Dogma character creator.

I also like her because dem legs.
>>
File: 23803616_p1.jpg (94 KB, 644x654) Image search: [Google]
23803616_p1.jpg
94 KB, 644x654
>>47489870
>I didn't have any pics of muscle girl elves
Duh
>>
Reminder to help fill out the wiki since it's literally the only thing you can do if you're not an editing/aesthetics whore for Opaque.
>>
>>47490112
/ddg/ loves their muscle girls but rarely are they ever elves. Makes me sad. Atleast the character creator lets me build a follower specifically catered to a handfull of my fetishes.

On a more SoS related note. If I was looking for a mini-giantess, red headed elven waifu, which of the SoS elves would most likely have her?
>>
>>47489602
If we insult Jimmy enough, he may come back.
>>
>>47492031
That's probably how the serbs do it, isn't it?
>>
>>47491520
>red headed
I don't think any of them are naturally redheaded, so a Zell with a decent amount of Human lineage.
>>
>>47492063
Zell works, can't go wrong with sexually dominant women.
>>
>>47492063
Or an Ohanedin. Eskarne's blonde, red hair isn't far off from that.
>>
>>47493512
It's a completely different gene.
>>
File: Bethmoran_goblin.jpg (50 KB, 219x350) Image search: [Google]
Bethmoran_goblin.jpg
50 KB, 219x350
Alright folks, its time to continue the adventures of Spoon and friends. When we last left our travelers, they were on their way to a happy festival in the capital of Galli. Spoon still has no legs, so the dwarf is carrying him in his rucksack while the rest of the party silently judges him. The journey itself was peaceful, no encounters or banditos of any sort. However, upon approaching the capital the party stumbled upon a peculiar scene. Six drunken Gallians were kicking the shit out of a man lying on the ground. Being the nice guy he is, Polski approached the crew and inquired as to what the hell they were doing. Gallians, being the Not!French fucks they were, immediately ceased aggression and complained that he started it. Polski decided he'd rather not hear the story of how, and told the six to buzz off. This, my friends, is how the party met Sergei; my favorite npc I've ever made.
>>
File: needsmoreswordingintensity.jpg (153 KB, 782x559) Image search: [Google]
needsmoreswordingintensity.jpg
153 KB, 782x559
The man on the ground got up and brushed himself off, seemingly fine considering the fact that he has just had the crap kicked out of him for an unknown period of time. He was of a relatively strong build and bore a bizzare holster on his back containing a multitude of swords. Four to be exact, but room to add more it seemed. One of his eyes bore a nasty scar over it and the eye itself was entirely missing. The other carefully scanned the party accompanied by a massive, warm smile. After a few seconds of awkward silence, his mouth opened. Polski visibly cringed as, to his dismay, a thick Ruscovite accent followed.

"HELLO FRIENDS! Thank you for doing the savings of me!. What are your names?"

The party slowly introduced themselves one by one, except the zell because he was a quiet edgy fucktard. When it came polkski's turn, the smile on Sergei's face grew wider.

"You sound Lendian friend. I am Segei from Ruscovy, we're practically brothers with how close together our nations are!"

"More like step-brothers whom never wanted to share a sperm philanthropist of a father."

"Exactly! We must have drink sometime friend, but for now, I am late. Take care friends!"

Sergei gave one last wave to the party before hoisting an enormous coffin sized-trunk onto his shoulders and wandering off into the woods. The sound of various metal objects clunked and clattered to his step. Feeling slightly violated, the party set off for an inn to rest up for the night.
>>
The next day, the party ventured into the streets to see what would be a good activity. Viking cookbro immediately wandered off to the market to set up a stall and buy ingredients, while the rest eventually settled on participating in various tournaments that were occurring. The zell decided to participate in archery, the dwarf and fred flinstone in the arena combat, and polski in the traditional sword dueling tourney as well as jousting for non-nobles. They also discovered the reason for the festival. You see, the capital was home to the burdinadin songbird that was gifted to the gallian king, and it was time for the burds to arrive and teach the bird a new song. So musicians and bards from all over vosca had gathered to attempt to earn the honor of having their song taught. The main event was of course preceded by tournaments and food.
>>
>>47494502
Cloud doesn't wear his swords so high on his back.
>>
Speaking of food, the cook had just purchased a shitton of chicken and was cooking up kebabs at his rented out stall. I told him his cooking roll would apply a half multiplier on per-unit original value for what the kebabs would sell for. Unfortunately, I forgot this fucker rolls like 20 dice to cook. Eventually, he ended up selling his entire stock for a 20gp profit. On fucking kebabs.
>>
>>47494672
That one is based on the cloud in advent children, he never really did have apocalypse entirely disassembled and stored during that movie.
>>
The zell of course won his tournament. However, the dwarf encountered some trouble round 2. The crowd seemed energized when his opponent entered--a tigurnian looking asshole wielding two shortswords like a weirdo. His name was being chanted by the crowd "Godfrey, Grodfrey!" The fight itself lasted 3 rounds before the dwarf took a nasty level 3 to the thigh, he immediately conceded and withdrew. Crushed by his defeat, the player erased his saga and left it blank for a few sessions. Fred flinstone, on the other hand, was literally playing baseball and knocking opponent's heads into the stands. The crowd would gawk in both fear and fascination as he would pour the blood of his enemies over this gigantic stump of his. This was to be a non-lethal tourney, but noone was going to stop him. Eventually he climbed to the final round to face Godfrey, whom walked into the arena, took one look at the ohanedin mountain before him, and then conceded. People still cheer his name as he walked off the field, but it was too much for the flintstone. The ohanedin giant made an oath right then and there that this guy is an asshole, and that he would kill him if he ever saw him again.
>>
Meanwhile, Polski was at the weapon's check where you traded in your weapon for a blunted tournament copy. He was eagerly waiting around, still on a high from his jousting victories earlier, when he heard a familiar voice complaining to the weapons check guy about how you could only use one sword. Painfully and slowly, his head turned towards the disturbance to find good ole' Sergei standing there deciding what sword to use. Instant prayers of 'please don't see me' were verbally uttered towards geonosus. But it was too late, the ruscovite spotted him and cheerfully strode over to strike up conversation.

"HELLO FRIEND! So you are going to be in the tourney too?"

"Of course. I see they only let you take one sword."

"Yes, is shame, monster hunting in Ruscovy has gotten me used to two weapons."

"Well hopefully it won't hamper you two much."

A feeling of relief came across Polski as his name was called to the arena. His opponents were no joke, trained swordsmen from the tatters, illegon, lagoria, and even the reich. Despite the stacked odds, he managed to make it through four fights before being put defeated. Back down below, he traded his tournament sword in for his real sword and collect his earnings. As he was about to return to the inn, a voice called out of the arena gates.

"FRIEND! How far did you make it?"

Polski painfully turned to Sergei

"Round four, how about you?"

"I made it to round six. If only I had my other swords!"

Polski cursed under his breath. How dare this ruscovite do better than him.

"Good going, whelp, I'm off to tithe my winnings, be a stranger now......friend?"

"Excellent! Paying homage to the one true God. Good job friend! I'll see you around."

With the facial expression of "I fucking hate this guy" on his face, the lendian went off to the church to tithe and spend some time in the sun chamber tanning the rus off.
>>
That looks like a good stopping point. Sorry I make these short, but these session were done about 2 years ago and with two dms, so recalling everything is a little difficult. I'll look into picking up next week with the daring rescue of the songbird and fred flintstone's encounter with warding off sepsis.
>>
>>47494817
>The ohanedin giant made an oath right then and there that this guy is an asshole, and that he would kill him if he ever saw him again.
Well, so much for Godfrey.
>>
>>47494697
SoS is actually an Iron Chef simulator, don't tell anyone.
>>
>>47480713
Nope.
>>
>>47490112
I'd Slava her Zell.
>>
>>47494697
This is the true goal of the turks.
>>
File: Trump_Elf.png (3 MB, 3000x4624) Image search: [Google]
Trump_Elf.png
3 MB, 3000x4624
>>47502118
Zell girls smell like quinine and as such are not suitable for hand-holding or hugging. They are gross and are not pure.
Ohanedin are superior in all regards.
>>
File: Tonic3.jpg (81 KB, 600x383) Image search: [Google]
Tonic3.jpg
81 KB, 600x383
>>47504904
>Hating quinine

Its like you actively WANT malaria
>>
>>47504904
So mix them with gin.
>>
File: Fencing.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fencing.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
Bamparu~
>>
Is there any evidence that matchlock pistols were used in Europe at all? Art or pictorial stuff, rather than artifacts?
>>
>>47508187
I know an example of an Ottoman matchlock revolver pistol from the 16-17th century, and its mechanism is of European make and unlike the usual serpentine Ottoman matchlocks use. I dunno if that counts.
>>
>>47508730
That's something.

This is something that has been bugging me for a while. I wonder if matchlock pistols simply didn't survive because of their low quality nature, which gives the appearance that they were never used. Alternatively, they weren't used because the attributes of a matchlock system, namely having to have a burning piece of string attached to make it work, were impractical for the purposes of pistols.
>>
File: 1195976351615.jpg (907 KB, 2288x1712) Image search: [Google]
1195976351615.jpg
907 KB, 2288x1712
>>47509430
The burning match means you probably won't be carrying a matchlock pistol around ready to go for self defence, and appears to have been considered too much of a bother to deal with for cavalry. Anyone on foot on the other hand, whether going off to hunt or to fight, would be better off with an arquebus. The matchlock pistol is thus left without much of a niche to live in.
>>
>>47509430
>>47509575

The main use for pistols in the 16/17thC were as cavalry weapons replacing the lance. Matchlock weapons are rather impractical to use on horseback and while matchlock carbines did see some use by dragoons and harquebusier cavalry (usually only when wheel/flintlock weapons were unavailable), matchlock pistols never really took off.
>>
>>47509575
>>47509743
Makes sense. Having to light the match would be a bitch to do at a moment's notice, and not being able to holster it would also be unpleasant.
>>
File: matchlockhandgonneimage1.jpg (102 KB, 816x434) Image search: [Google]
matchlockhandgonneimage1.jpg
102 KB, 816x434
>>47509430
>>47509575
>>47509743
>>47511179
Matchlock pistols saw very limited use, but there were a fair number produced during the 30 years war by English and Dutch armouries, to cheaply outfit targeteers and pistoleers. There were also a handful at Jamestown. (pic related)

It should also be mentioned that the Japanese had a long love affair with matchlock pistols, even well after the technology and native production of flintlock and even pilllock and precussion cap became available.
>>
>>47511826
>the Japanese had a long love affair with matchlock pistols

Huh, any practical reason why? Or they just thought they were neat?
>>
>>47511826
True, the Japanese took the matchlock to an art form.
>>
>>47511826
>native production of flintlock

That happened?
>>
>>47512543
Traditionalist culture that is slow to embrace change?

>>47512569
>took the matchlock to an art form.
>artform

You say as they make pepperbox matchlock revolvers with exposed vents...In the 19thC.

>>47513511
Im sorry, I think "domestic production" would be more apt a term.
>>
>>47506303
Drunk sea elves who repel insects.
>>
>>47514043
Hey, if it works, it works.
>>
File: 1409968148634.jpg (24 KB, 488x650) Image search: [Google]
1409968148634.jpg
24 KB, 488x650
How would this hook be able to catch anything, let alone a man?
>>
>>47520028
I can tell you don't do much fishing.
>>
>>47514043
Are you implying this is not a sexy piece of wood and metal my friend?
>>
>>47520028
you kidding? you get that hook into someones clothes, tabards, gambesons, maille or on some edge of their plate you can reel them in like a cod and fuck em with the axe end.

Speaking of, didnt the zell in the comic have one of those?
>>
>>47521471
He totally did.
>>
Well, I've slogged through Laser Whales and I'm pretty sure I could run a game in this thing. One problem I perceive is that there's not a whole lot of progress that characters can make in terms of personal equipment. Once you've got a suit of Clayplate you're pretty much at the height of invincibility.
>>
Well, I've slogged through Song of Swords and I'm pretty sure I could run a game in this thing. One problem I perceive is that there's not a whole lot of progress that characters can make in terms of personal equipment. Once you've got a suit of plate you're pretty much at the height of invincibility.
>>
>>47522255
Start adding augmentations to buff Toughness and get upgrades
>>
>>47522335
Make availability and price of such things hard to attain. Rushing players to top tier equipment is always going to make the game short. You gotta feed them bits and pieces slowly so that each piece is a reward well earned.
>>
>>47522255
>Well, I've slogged through the army and I'm pretty sure I could run a game in this thing. One problem I perceive is that there's not a whole lot of progress that characters can make in terms of personal equipment. Once you've got a tank you're pretty much at the height of invincibility.
>>
>>47522255
Money, their ship, augmentation, weapon upgrades. There's a fair bit to upgrade.
>>
>>47520070
>>47521471
It seems like there just isn't enough projection to really hook someone.
>>
>>47526206
I think it's more than enough.
>>
File: MI23441_HR.jpg (51 KB, 1304x436) Image search: [Google]
MI23441_HR.jpg
51 KB, 1304x436
>>47518015
Their real achievement was snapping matchlock actions that didn't slam the match into the pan so hard that it extinguished the match half the time. And what >>47520924 says about Japanese matchlocks just being beautiful weapons in general.
>>
>>47526960
Obviously there is, since it was used for that.

It just doesn't look like that.
>>
>>47530169
Well you've already got a big ol' axe head on the other side, maybe they were trying to keep the profile small.
>>
>>47533042
Other weapons have larger projections, but those are more supposed to hook armor or even flesh rather than clothes.
>>
>>47527640
Were early European matchlock triggers just levers that lowered the match? They wouldn't have a sudden release system like modern guns until things like wheellocks, right?
>>
>>47387854
>Ballad tournament
Is there a BotLW / CotV equivalent of the Worm?
>>
>>47534887
The first ones generally just lowered the match. At some point the idea of spring-loading the serpent came about but it took a while to get the tension level right--allegedly Japanese matchlocks were among the first to reliably pull it off.

You gotta remember that matchlocks kept on being the primary firing mechanism for long guns carried by regular mudfeet for quite a while after things like the wheellock and snaphaunce were invented. They continued to be improved over time as well, thusly, until flintlocks properly replaced them in the mid-17th century.
>>
>>47535290
Not yet there isn't.
>>
So lads, I'm on my weekend, and I'm working on something new: Random island and encounter generator for Laser Whales.

We're also working on an idea where eventually we will produce a series of adventures in the form of manilla folders containing a map of an island, reports of the weird shit that can be found there, a few pictures or sketches of various adventure elements, and in-universe reports from members of various national intelligence agencies for flavor.

Maybe each one would be "written" in-universe by a different intel agency, and released monthly. Maybe we'd make like a hundred of them in advance and mail out a random one to each subscriber every week. It'd be fun.

We're trying to add in a third quality to BotlW, one which is already present to an extent in SoS: Eerie and weird instances in-universe. In SoS you have Algenburg, Laransk, the Sea of Ghosts, etc. We need that in Ballad too.
>>
>>47535946
Weird shit should be easy to do considering your game is about being outlaws on a spaceship and hunting whales in space.
>>
>>47535992
I think so as well. And who knows what weird shit could be developing on the endless islands of the frontier? We've got some cool ideas already.

It has been established, for example, that the islands of the Void orbit around the Great Vortex. That means that the islands have orbits. That means that they could have elliptical orbits. That means that they could have irregular orbits.

What if an island's orbit took it through underspace?

What would that look like? What if an island's orbit only took them anywhere near the center of the Void for a brief time every 50 years?

The only thing that can make this weird combination of space opera, pirate adventure and WWII better than venturing onto abandoned islands on the frontier and discovering the dark secrets of the void?
>>
>>47536310
You're working on some kind of ship combat system too, yes? You should give us some examples of play of that.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.