[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that guy that shows up to play stoned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: byk83a9caaiwsic.png (221 KB, 328x428) Image search: [Google]
byk83a9caaiwsic.png
221 KB, 328x428
>that guy that shows up to play stoned
>>
>>47362752
Almost half my group does that. It actually helps them most of the time.
>>
>>47362752
and was promptly evicted from the game because he was warned not to show up stoned again.
1. it make shim useless
2. the wife doesnt want it around
3. its still not legal here, so it endangers the group when he's a fuckhead in public
4. he was warned not to, so he did it to himself
>>
File: image.gif (667 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
667 KB, 500x263
It's impolite to show up baked without asking but it can also be fun to play with a baked group if you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>47362787
If he shows up stoned but not smoking, why worry? Maybe you should just, y'know, relax bro.
>>
>>47362787
He's better off in a better group with a better DM.
>>
>>47362787
>Endangers the group if he shows up stoned

Yeah, you're so fucking dramatic. I get not wanting him to smoke there or bring drugs there but him being stoned doesn't "endanger" you or your group of divas.
>>
>>47362821
Well it sounds like it's his place, and whether or not you agree with either of their stances, his house, his rules.
>>
File: TEARS.jpg (47 KB, 432x600) Image search: [Google]
TEARS.jpg
47 KB, 432x600
>>47362846
>>47362821
*shrug*
>>
>>47362862
Meaningless.
>>
>Can't pay attention for shit
>Looks like he's about to fall asleep the entire session
>After an hour or so of fumbling through the game, has to take a break to go smoke a "cigarette"
>the "lolrandumb" unfunny meme-train gets turned up to 11
>Insists that he always needs to stay high, but he's infinitely more fun when he's not.
>When he shows up stoned and we call him out on it, he gets grumpy and distant

Stoners are fuckin' stupid.
>>
>>47362861
Yeah, I'd just tell the guy you dont like him. I think he's trying to troll stoners, a notoriously chill people.
>>
>>47362752
Funhaus is more for faggots, then master race Sw1tcher.

But on OP'S topic, that's generally a no go. No one likes to deal with people who are non functioning and basically a burden to care for, let alone play.
>>
>>47362947
I run my campaigns lit as fuck. Most people like to drink while they rp but I'd argue it's harder to complete drunk D&D vs stoned.
>>
>>47362995
How many rolls before you get too high man? I suppose there is a line between functioning and non.
>>
>>47362947
>Sw1tcher
Oh boy I do sure love Fartgas McSimpsons and his endless blabbering about Steven Universe and Black Lives Matter
>>
>>47363025
I roll a blunt, then I roll the bones. Everyone has their own threshold. If I'm spacing off, I may call it to let someone else dm, but that hasn't ever happened.
>>
>>47362927
this would be my only problem with a stoned player. They can be pretty fuckin stupid. But there are different kinds of stoners and if he/she is fun and unhinged when stoned, then why the fuck not? Played some fun games with people who are funnier stoned.
>>
>>47362752
I miss Spoole.
>>
Solution: Everybody gets stoned and leaves the autism aside.
>>
>>47362787
you sound like a fucking cunt lol
>>
>>47362752
We all get stoned at the table.
>>
>>47362787
kek
>>
>>47362862
You kicked somebody for being stoned and justified it with totally bogus reasoning that boils down to "I don't like thing" and they're salty?
>>
File: tumblr_nzlfri5ikD1tebq9go1_500.jpg (46 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzlfri5ikD1tebq9go1_500.jpg
46 KB, 500x373
we literally pass a J to whoever's turn it is in combat

sometimes the GM gives us minion fights and gets too fucked to continue the game
>>
>>47363040
This is accurate.
It sucks that Matt is in so much of their shit when 2.5 of the other members are chill

I'm pretty pissed that he's in the DS3 let's play. Woolie & Pat are the souls team anyway.
>>
>>47362752
>That Guy that doesn't show up at all
Fuck you, Will. No call, no text, no message, no explanation at all. If you're not interested in the game, just come out and fucking say it.
>>
>>47362787
>Life in the bible belt.
Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.
>>
File: 1392842006370.gif (22 KB, 91x122) Image search: [Google]
1392842006370.gif
22 KB, 91x122
>>47362752
I have only one rule for weed at my table: If you show up stoned, you had better bring enough for all of us.
>>
>>47364247
Worst girl
>>
>>47362787
>the wife doesn't want it around
*whips cracking be in the distance*
>>
>>47362846
>>47362821
>>47363601
I don't know how you could honestly justify believing this.
If someone is letting you into their home, and they set ground rules, then you follow them or forfeit the privilege of entering into their home.

Let's ignore the fact that it's stated above that his behavior *while* stoned was disruptive, this isn't about weed. It's about having some civil sense.
>>
File: 1461895172690.jpg (30 KB, 374x454) Image search: [Google]
1461895172690.jpg
30 KB, 374x454
My that guy is the most competent combat character in the party. All the other members are better in social situations, but they only use the same first level spells over and over again. He roleplays a psychotic and destructive fighter/warlock that is more reliable than the moon druid in combat.
>>
>>47364550
Nah. Second worst.
>>
>>47362787
>3. its still not legal here, so it endangers the group when he's a fuckhead in public

You're such a fucking child ahahahaha

>2. the wife doesnt want it around

Oh, okay, you traded your balls for a pussy. That explains it.
>>
>>47362927
That's just people. You don't like people.
People are like this stoned or sober and many people are completely fine or better on marijuana.
People are people, not stereotypes.
>>
>>47362787

Gotta listen to the wife. She knows where you sleep.
>>
>>47362821
>>47362846
>>47362846
>>47362856
>>47362995
>>47363300
>>47363555
>>47363601
>>47363649
>>47364247
>>47364594
>>47364676
DAMN /tg/.

When did everyone first take their first blunt?

What age did you realize you love the Mary J?

Is Table Top really that much improved high for you guys?
>>
>>47363225
You never played with sober morons? Of course you have. Weeds just a convenient excuse when you don't like a specific person.
>>
>>47362752
player in my group is chilled out and super imaginative when baked, hes a fucking dink and crabby as fuck sober.
>>
>>47364140
Seriously
>>
>>47362752

itt: fuckwit stoners who think their dumb bullshit is everyone else's problem
>>
>>47364857
>pleasedonotfeedthetrolls.jpeg
>>
>>47364865
He isn't feeding them if he is them
>>
>>47364857
ITT: squares that think it's even a problem.
>>
>>47362752
If the GM turned up stoned and started ranting about cheese crackers and his high school algebra teacher instead of properly GMing the game, would you accept it?
Why set a double standard?
If you're incapacitated from play, or if you being stoned/drunk/etc makes you fuck the session up, don't play.
>>
>>47362788

The correct opinion regarding any kind of intoxication. If everybody does it, it's fun. If one guy does it, he's annoying.
>>
>>47364779
No it hinders actual gameplay in my experience, but it makes everything funny ONLY if everybody is high. It's like you take the game less seriously and focus on having fun with the lads.

Also I took my first when I was like 18 IIRC.
>>
>>47364970
>>47362788
/thread
>>
>>47364779
I don't have strong feelings about it at all aside from the basic assumption that people smoke outside if they're going to smoke here.

People who can't handle alcohol are a way bigger problem, but I'd rather just leave them out than not drink during a game
>>
>>47364779
Many of us have either depression, anxiety or some other fuckery. Dope helps for a time. Unless you go on a paranoia trip.
>>
That guys are usually straight edge, stoners I've played with (myself included) are pretty chill and usually into the game.
Though I've been playing RPGs a lot longer than I've been smoking weed.
>>
>>47365259

This is an objective and unbiased assessment.
>>
>>47365259
>That guys are usually straight edge

>stoners are pretty chill and usually into the game.

I've been playing tabletop games for 20 years and this is 100% true.
>>
>>47363274
He was best boy
>>
What a set of bitches
>>
File: dope.jpg (391 KB, 1362x1350) Image search: [Google]
dope.jpg
391 KB, 1362x1350
>He hasn't played a low fantasy session revolving around defeating the electric wizard and reclaiming the dopethrone

Follow the 4 D's:

>Dope
>Doom
>Dungeons
>Dragons
>>
>>47365259
I agree
>>
>>47364779
19,19,yes
>>
I have played stoned at least half of the times.

There is a friend who also does that, but he gets sleepy and stupid. I don't.

I start roleplaying. I get into the role, I think like the character. My roleplaying intesity increases a lot, also I think outside the box more, come up with interesting solutions to problems.

Example:
>5e game
>I am a gnome sorcerer named Bangmaster Jones
>kinda the group leader, but not de jure
>In a town, wanting to invade a house to get information on a shady fella
>Guys propose sneaking in, busting in, so on.
>"this is what we do"
>organize a huge party, paid by us, at the local tavern
>everybody wears a mask/costume, or doesn't get in
>Identify the shady guy coming to the party
>Trick and kidnap him in the mess
>Interrogate, and get keys
>Go to his house and get the stuff we need, we famous now in the village, so the houseguard let us in, because friend gave us the key (high roll)
>proceed

Also I tried to organize our flying ship, that we got later, into a flying whorehouse, but I didn't succeed. We had a thing with prostitutes, because our cleric was a huge pervert of a weird religion. He fucked himself while morphed into a tiger, also he raped an ogre corpse. Hard to explain the background, it made sense to us in a while.
>>
File: Weedman.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Weedman.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
Better to show up to a game stoned, than get elected into office stoned.
>>
>>47364645

I know that anyone showing-up stoned at my crib won't be stoned in an hour, so their personal habits outside my home are none of my fucking business. Play on!

The flip is that, if some asshole makes it a "house rule" that they'll kick anyone whose outside interests conflict with their own - to the point they'll pretend to feel threatened in order to justify such a thoughtless policy - I'd certainly have no problem moving on before the next session. Yes, it's their right to make silly, unilateral Stop Liking demands under their own roof, but people who aren't paranoid crusaders on a soapbox have rights, too.

No reason this can't be a Win/ Win, really.
>>
What is it with turboautists and their severe hatred of weed, drinking, etc? Bitter because you never went to a party in college or something?
>>
>>47362927
That guy is probably an idiot. I know plenty of people who barely change or slow down at all after they smoke. For me it helps me relax in social situations and focus
>>
>>47362752
>>that guy that shows up to play stoned
And doesn't bring me any?
>>
I don't smoke but all my players get turbo blazed in every session.
It's fun, they never see plot twists coming and think up all kinds of crazy shit.
Sometimes it leads to weird situations though like the guy who hit the blunt and immediately starts crying about how lonely he is.
>>
>>47363040
I haven't heard Matt mention fartgas or Steven Universe or BLM in ages. Granted I haven't been watching all of their LPs.
>>
>>47368860
Is it okay for a player to drink then show up drunk?
Shut up dude, you're spouting bullshit.

You know what happens if you show up to a job interview drunk or stoned? Well yeah. That's because they know if you do so then you'll do so later. And they know that this WILL interfere with your performance.
Stop playing "mister fair" when the fact is if something will hinder gameplay there is no reason to accept it.
>>
>>47365259
>people like me are cool
>the people that are known for using drugs and acting like morons for the duration of the effect

>people unlike me are that guys
:^)
>>
>>47365259
Same assessment here.
>>
>>47366469
You. I like you.
>>
>>47362752
I have a player who does. It's cool with us, he's pretty chill and doesn't distract the other players. Usually plays druids because he's also a hippy, but he doesn't turn them into a druidzilla and overshadow everyone else even though he damn well knows how.

He knows I have asthma and find the smell of marijuana unpleasant, and respects my request that he avoid lighting up on the grounds. Why wouldn't I respect his lifestyle choice in turn?
>>
>>47362752
>those guys who show up to play open carrying
>>
>>47362787
>2. the wife doesnt want it around
Well now there's no wonder about who wears the pants in your relationship.
>>
>>47364674
Well true, Shinji is way worse.
>>
>>47370314
NOTHING WR... wait, Shinji? Fuck that guy!
>>
>>47362752
Not baked but tipsy one time and high on painkillers due to wisdom teeth removal another time here.

It was the only way to shut my own head up about what I had wanted out of the sessions and join in on the 'fun' that the other players propagated.

They didn't care and were pretty glad I didn't want to play a drama intense session for once.

That was the time I realised I was through with them because if it required me to be intoxicated to be able to enjoy myself in a weekly activity then I was just not at the right place.
>>
>>47362995

honestly, if it works for you - awesome. I'm okay with having a drink or two at the odd game, but I'm not about to get shitfaced, especially since I have to drive across town to get home anyways.

I wouldn't play stoned, the one time I tried it I just got super paranoid and shit, so I guess it's safe to say it's not for me. If a player I knew showed up high, and can still play, I don't see why not either - heck, I've worked and continue to work beside guys who are just like "man, I'm so stoned right now". If I can trust you with knives, fire, and deat things while stoned - and not just on weed, I can trust you to do some math and roll some dice.
>>
>>47364781
for some people sure. You sure are presumptive and draw a ton of conclusions from my post. I'm not even hating on people who smoke. I'm stating the fact that they can be fuckin stupid. A couple times we had a stoner in the group, he would have trouble following whats going on and often forgot shit we just went over a few minutes ago.
>>
>>47364779
Weed is absolute garbage, I've seen enough family members destroyed by the stuff.
>>
File: 1462819808842.jpg (66 KB, 600x541) Image search: [Google]
1462819808842.jpg
66 KB, 600x541
>This entire thread

It always amuses me that on the whole weed and the marajewana triggers the shot out of this Mongolian cave paintings site

Out of everything in this site weed just absolutely triggers people

It never ceases to amuse me
>>
As with all things tabletop, it depends on your players. If intoxication is a bigger priority than gaming, its a hindrance. Think of the guys who would rather talk about how they are so stoned/drunk/high than take their turn. On the other hand there are folks who can and do maintain focus on the game, and even participate more comfortably when their state is altered. It becomes a question of a player's maturity, tolerances, and priorities.

My local MtG group is a good example of pot and gaming going right. I don't smoke, my friends do. They are mature enough to keep the focus on the game (And delay the passing of the pipe so that it doesn't interfere with the active player) The only substance related interruptions we have are actually the periodic tobacco breaks for two of our members. Kinda bizarre the way local laws turn it into a "weed inside, cigarettes on the porch" sort of scenario.

Whether weed is a problem or not comes down to individual players. Is the players objective to "Get stoned and play games" or to "Play games in the manner they find most comfortable." The difference in emphasis is generally marked by the players maturity.

I may not smoke, but I'm lucky to play with folks mature enough to keep the focus on the game, not whatever substance is altering someones functioning at a given time.
>>
>>47369468
I didn't realize I was showing up to kill goblins at my job interview.
>>
>>47362752
Eh, I don't smoke, and can't stand the smell of it, so I probably wouldn't be joining any group that did it to begin with. It's like being the DD at the party, everyone is having fun but you and you're too sober to ignore the stupid stuff going on.

If it was my house, I'd tell the guy to leave it outside in his car or something and not be smoking it on my property, that shit stinks something fierce to me and people who don't use it can notice it very easily. Not to mention some states are still really tough on it for some stupid fucking reason and I don't want that one crazy neighbor trying to call the cops. I've met chill stoners and I've met idiot stoners, just like people when they drink, so that's not really the issue.

It's weird, I absolutely hate weed personally but am probably more for it being legalized than most stoners. The amount of taxpayer money that's wasted fighting it is just stupid and it's really not that harmful. I don't believe it's quite the miracle cure some people claim it is, but I've never heard of someone od'ing on it which is better than I can say for alcohol. I just don't want it in my house.
>>
>>47371237
It's not that people are triggered by weed, it's that you aren't allowed to say one bad thing about weed without the highschoolers coming out of the woodwork in droves and acting completely retarded. It's made fun of in the exact same way being a weeb edgelord is, the only difference being that no one tries to pretend that being a weeb edgelord is an inherently good quality to have. Once again, bad stoners are brought up, and once again, every single stoner this side of China shows up to shout down anyone who would even dare assume that maybe someone who can't put down the blunt at the modest request of friends in order to enjoy a game together isn't the most well-adjusted adult.
>>
>>47370295
>something is bad
>in addition to that, other people I like also dislike it
>somehow it's poor reasoning to decide that is an extra reason not to do it
Well are you retarded or just trying to insult his masculinity as a way to cope with the fact a lot of people dislike your drug addiction?
>>
>>47362752
>this entire thread
It's like you guys play with people who get fucked up on things other than weed. The reefer madness is real. Lol.
>>
>>47371510
I've never done drugs, I dropped alcohol 10 years ago and never even tried cigs. That guy is still pussywhipped as fuck.
>>
>>47371621
If that was his only reason? Yes.
But there's a difference between "I don't do something I want because the wife tells me not to" and "I don't do something I don't want, and as a plus, my wife didn't want it anyway so it's an extra reason".
There's no reason to pick an extra conflict for something you didn't even like to begin with, that'd be fucking childish.

I mean, I am a contrarian dick in relationships, but not being one doesn't mean being pussywhipped.
>>
>>47371463
Nah I've seen it go both ways
Still good for a chuckle
>>
>>47371463
>it's that you aren't allowed to say one bad thing about weed without the highschoolers coming out of the woodwork in droves and acting completely retarded

Literally why I want to legalize this shit. I'm so tired of this dumbass 420 erryday outlaw weed culture and I live in California.

I don't give a fuck if someone shows up to game and wants to drink or smoke as long as they're not dumbasses who hold up the game. Even if they're sober and dumbasses who hold up the game I don't have time for that shit.

It's like every fucking time. Hey do you guys just wanna fucking drink and bullshit?

>no no we want to game!

Ok.

>can't fucking remember the rules every time. take forever. want to smoke hemp rope in game.

Every fucking time.

So no I'm not triggered by weed, I'm triggered by retards.
>>
>>47364764
>People are people, not stereotypes.
In my experience, that is incorrect.
>>
>all this casual weed lmaoing around

When did /tg/ become so fine with being a useless fuckhead?
>>
>>47371662
Spoken lile a true pussywhipped cuck.
>>
>>47371728
>I live in California.
My deepest condolences, friend.
>>
File: 1457200716610.jpg (3 KB, 125x103) Image search: [Google]
1457200716610.jpg
3 KB, 125x103
>>47371968
Baito desu
>>
>>47362752
Not at my table desu.
You can do what you like outside of the game, I genuinely don't give a shit, but if you show up to play, you either play sober or you don't play at all
>>
>>47362787
This a 1000% I stopped dming for an entire group because they kept smoking pot even after they knew that i had to have a perfect background check to get my nuclear operations contract for the navy.
>>
>>47372148
Bait is esa in Japanese.
>>
>>47364779
I was 17, and I hated it. Gave me a splitting headache, which made me pissy, and I just didn't care for the high.

And I hate when people around me smoke, because it still gives me the splitting headache.
>>
File: 1463374983351.png (282 KB, 600x758) Image search: [Google]
1463374983351.png
282 KB, 600x758
>>47369046
>Bitter because you never went to a party in college or something?
It's exactly that and the sad part is that they were were probably invited lots of times by different people to these parties, maybe even a cute girl. But no, they chose to stay at the dorm to watch anime or whatever and they they have the gall to become bitter about other people having fun without them.

Those type of people not only make for shitty GMs, also for shitty friends and boyfriends.
>>
>>47362787
Ignore the dudeweedlmaos in this thread, you are absolutely right.

I personally use weed myself, but doing so while doing activities with people who do not want that make you a cunt.
Beside, if it's not legal where you are that makes you an accomplice. Fuck, I'd even report the guy just cause he's a cunt.
>>
>>47372205
did you ever get the contract anon?
>>
>>47372330
Figure out by tuesday.
>>
>>47368860
>that they'll kick anyone whose outside interests conflict with their own
>outside interests
But they're not exactly outside interests if you bring them inside.
Maybe my outside interest is public masturbation. I, unlike stoner cunts, at least have the courtesy to put on a shirt without cumstains and tuck my dick back into my pants before entering someone's home.
>>
>>47364779
15, but I didn't realize I was smoking them wrong (not holding it in) until I was like 25, so I never got what the big deal is.

These days I smoke it for stress relief because I hate my job, and I don't smoke it during gametime. It might help me with behind the scenes world building writing, but I find it hinders my ability to focus on the game at hand.
>>
>>47369046
Most people don't hate weed, they hate stoner culture.
In fact, most casual weed users absolutely hate it as well

But hey, let's just throw out any actual arguments, here's the true deal to shut them up:
>dude virgins lmao
>>
> these opinions from occasional to one time smokers to straight edgers
My entire group smokes, memes are a minimum and the games are consistently excellent. Most of us are habitual smokers, all have decent jobs, and only one guy is the stereotypical hippie.

Smoking is basically like sitting around drinking for us, though I do understand there are plenty of people that promote a shitty image of habitual smokers. Every obnoxious smoker I've met has been under the age of eighteen or seems to be a perpetual child.

Even those guys are not the most obnoxious people in the room, usually.
>>
File: 1435124236544.jpg (167 KB, 755x1048) Image search: [Google]
1435124236544.jpg
167 KB, 755x1048
>>47364779
First time was at 16, by myself in my backyard one weekend when my parents were out of town. I wanted to know what it felt like, I knew of a guy that sold at school and for whatever reason he was afraid of me so I bullied him into giving me a joint. It was fun.

I fell in love with it the next year when all of my friends had already done it on their own and we decided to do it as a group. We would gather once a month on the rich dude's house and being highschoolers we would get fucked up real easy, then we would laugh like retards, watch weird movies, listen to music, go into his pool, play with his dog, eat the entire fridge and then pass out on his couches. It was amazing, those guys were and still are my best friends.

I don't play tabletop high, I can't focus on it and eventually fall asleep.
>>
>>47372315
>Makes you an accomplice

Why do people throw around words they don't understand?

Like I'm all for what the anon was saying, if you said no and they do it, then is your right to kick them out but exactly what do you think is gonna happen to anon if the police stop his friend for being high? Nothing.
>>
>>47372392
>dude u don't use as much as I do, u don kno shit
Oh thank you for your wisdom

What is it with stoners and their habit of rushing in to tell us about how succesful people can and do smoke too?

Did the whole point of the thread fly over your head?
We're talking about a guy who shows up stoned >>to a group that does not appreciate playing while baked, and has warned him before<<
>>
>>47370979
Probably shitty people to begin with. I always loved the meme of blaming everything but the person for their actions.
>>
>>47372473
You sound like an addict. Keep denying you have a problem son.
>>
File: FunhausPoster.jpg (171 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
FunhausPoster.jpg
171 KB, 800x800
>>47362752
I see no problem playing dnd with Spoole. Anyways most of the sessions my group plays are generally light-hearted and only gets serious once in a blue moon so weed wouldn't really effect the flow of the game.
>>
>>47362787
>wife doesn't like it
cuck
>>
>>47369468
>playing pretend with friends is the same as a job interview
>>
>>47372557
>not having a wife
Fag
>>
File: AcIr2VF.gif (687 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
AcIr2VF.gif
687 KB, 500x500
>>47362752
>that guy that shows up to play toned
>>
>>47372641
I swear /fit/ just needs to fuck off and not ruin my gaming table.

I lost two good friends to /fit/ and they won't stop talking about how "natty" they are, and all the "Mires" they got (which I'm sure is some kind of drug)
>>
>>47372513
Weed is less addictive than caffeine. All weed addictions are mental addictions, comparable to gambling or sex addictions, which take MUCH longer to develop. I very much doubt that this man is an addict. Marijuana would have to be his lifestyle for possibly a year to develop a mental addiction.

Weed also only ruins your life when it stops being a hobby and becomes an excuse, a lifestyle, and all you do is smoke weed. That's a problem. Out of every person I ever met, went to high school with, or currently attend college with, I could count the number of marijuana addicts on one hand. More of them smoked weed than I could ever count.
>>
>>47364779
I took my first when I was 19 and DAMN do I love it. Nothing beats getting home after a long day at work, rolling one bigass blunt after having dinner and watch some TV with my wife

She a stoner too. We want to have kids and raise them in a happy, extremely chill stoner family.
>>
>>47372738
>Weed also only ruins your life when it stops being a hobby and becomes an excuse, a lifestyle, and all you do is smoke weed
Well, that's still kind of a problem with the stoner culture that is still growing.
>>
>>47372738
>Weed is less addictive than caffeine.
>Weed also only ruins your life when it stops being a hobby and becomes an excuse, a lifestyle, and all you do is smoke weed.
You mean when it becomes an addiction faggot?
>>
>>47372235
Some japs borrow english words to sound cool
>>
>>47372611
>missing the point this hard
Did the weed make you slow or were you born that way?
>>
>>47372696
It really is the worst. They never shut the fuck up about it. Ever.
>>
File: mehface.jpg (9 KB, 230x219) Image search: [Google]
mehface.jpg
9 KB, 230x219
>>47362752
Adults who have been smoking weed don't get all giggly and silly, so to boot him from the game makes you a pack of utter assholes. Giggly and silly is the domain of lightweight teenagers who get "wasted" from drinking a non-alcoholic beer.
>>
File: whatsgoingoninthisthread.png (314 KB, 366x498) Image search: [Google]
whatsgoingoninthisthread.png
314 KB, 366x498
>>
>this thread
>"teehee boy i sure do love doing my illegal drugs!"
>>>/420chan/
>>
>>47362787
>>so it endangers the group when he's a fuckhead in public
>>
>>47373580
>drugs & alcohol have the same effect on everyone!

congrats on outing yourself as never having been to a party in your life. A+
>>
>>47362861
Fuck his house and his trying to tell people what they can do on their own time before they arrive.
Tell your wife to shut her bitch mouth and unclench your butthole you uptight cuck.
>>
>>47373609
ain't illegal here senpai, it's an important part of the economy of the state.
>>
File: 1462311174595.jpg (184 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
1462311174595.jpg
184 KB, 640x320
>>47362787
I don't smoke but jesus christ man

thanks for the laff
>>
>>47373661
I don't think you understand how that works, he's free to do whatever he wants on his time. Just as OP/whoever is free to tell him to fuck off and not to come in. Freedom is a two way street you fucking faggot.
>>
>>47373667
>it's an important part of the economy of the state.
I always say, legalize all the drugs, tax them like you tax tobacco and booze and sell them at supermarket. with small print that health insurance doesn't cover treatment of damages cause by drug use.
>>
>>47370979
You clearly hail from a family of fragile bubble-boys, and their destruction is simply natural selection in action. Good God, the number of dead alcoholics in your family must be staggering.
>>
>>47364779
most people dont smoke weed until uni in a lot of countries. smoking weed in highschool is such an american thing
>>
>>47362787
How dare you decide who you do and won't want in your private affairs at home?
>>
>>47373880
But anon, we already have a tax on marijuana, atleast in Texas.
If you get caught selling without the correct marijuana tax stamps you get charged with tax evasion as well, and purchasing the stamps is considered reasonable evidence to allow a warrant.
>>
>>47373900
idk, when I was in highschool pretty much everyone in the school had at least encountered, if not smoked weed. I knew at least one girl who was perpetually stoned. Got my first bj from her actually. good times.
>>
>>47372181
>Not at my table desu.
>You can do what you like outside of the game, >I genuinely don't give a shit, but if you show up to play, you either play sober or you don't play at all
Sounds like not having to play with you is the gift that keeps on giving, Straightedgelord.
>>
>>47373472
You take dungeons and dragons way too seriously.
>>
>>47373591
uptight Puritan nerds getting buttmad about the cool kids using drugs
>>
File: reefer.jpg (4 KB, 316x159) Image search: [Google]
reefer.jpg
4 KB, 316x159
>>47373635
It's that reefer madness, bruh.
>>
>>47373836
>I don't think you understand how that works, he's free to do whatever he wants on his time. >Just as OP/whoever is free to tell him to fuck off and not to come in. Freedom is a two way street you fucking faggot.
Oh I understand perfectly. I understand that the only people who will be noticeably stoned on arrival will be teenagers who, unlike adults, can't handle their weed and will get you charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor if they are caught while they're stoned in your company.
I also understand that both you and the wife-guy are cunts.
>>
>>47373961
Wait, so it's both illegal and taxed? Funny.
In my country, you can legally buy "medical marijuana". Well, you can, if your medical problems are eligible to be treated with it (usually means terminally or chronically ill), if your doctor approves of the treatment (doctors above age of 40 usually won't), if you go through shitton of necessary paperwork (that takes three to five months) and if you pay for it somewhere between five times and twenty times street price of regular marijuana.
>>
Sometimes I wish I had sober players. I'm always the only sober guy in the building when I play or run games and it's getting kinda annoying.
>>
>>47373395
>>>47372738
>>Weed is less addictive than caffeine.
>>Weed also only ruins your life when it stops being a hobby and becomes an excuse, a lifestyle, and all you do is smoke weed.
>You mean when it becomes an addiction faggot?
>"addiction to weed"
You clearly have never been to a narcotics anonymous meeting and heard all the stories about sucking dick for coke.
Ain't nobody sucking cock for another hit of weed, faggot.
>>
>>47374274
Please don't, Anon. Wishing for sober players (and maybe going as far as wishing for sober players in your own house) makes you a horrible, horrible person. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting from here.
>>
I legit feel bad for the puritans, they'll never know that feel when you toke it up with a cute girl that likes you.
>>
>>47374447
My entire party is permastoned through all of my campaigns and I'm a forever DM. It's not terrible but they're not the best at strategic planning and whatnot.
I used to smoke a couple years ago but then I started working in healthcare. That and if I get high during a game, I just can't really function well.
>>
>>47373836
yes, sure, whatever, but the people getting buttmad about the substances other people decide to imbibe and then shunning them are Puritan faggots who probably play shitty uptight role play anyway.
>>
>>47374494
Neither will the people posting here

*pwnd*
>>
>>47362752
Considering how I've known them all since High School I can safely say they're fucking lightweights and will be shit in game if they're high.

So they can sit this one out.
>>
>>47369067
>For me it helps me relax in social situations and focus

I've heard this a lot but I've literally never seen it be true. I've seen people get stoned before tests because it ?helps them be more relaxed", I've seen people get stoned before games, before study groups, before weddings, before concerts, ect. Sure it might make THEM feel more relaxed. But they act retarded 100% of the time and I don't just mean "lol randum" retarded, I mean like you talk to them and they take several seconds to respond, or they ask the question again, or they get side tracked, and they definitely can't keep shit straight in their own heads and they waste everyones time being a giant fucking moron.

I'm sure smoked up games are fun if everyone is high, just like being at parties is fun when you're drunk, but being around non-sober people while being sober if suffering. Its literally babysitting adults for the next couple of hours until the session is over. I'll never play with people that do drugs, or drink during or before games ever again.
>>
>>47374896
Those other people can smoke whatever they want in their own house, sure. In mine? My house, my rules. If the owner of the house asks you to stop doing something in his house, and you keep doing it, why should the owner feel bad about telling you to go fuck yourself up somewhere else?
>>
>>47375008
>smoking in his house

That's not what we were talking about tho. We were talking about someone who would arrive having already toked to their heart's content and being ejected because of their mental state, not because they were smoking in someone's house.
>>
>>47374994
The best part is the ones who do it chronically cause everything gets worse as time goes on. Where they were high a decade ago is how they function without it. It's sad to see highschool friends who were fine years ago and now are just fucking derpy and boarderline comatose when high.
>>
>>47374994
Maybe you shouldn't be such an uptight faggot who thinks that stoned and drunk adults aren't perfectly capable of taking care of themselves? Thx!
>>
>>47362752
miss the days of inside gaming
>>
>go to d&d5e high and get drunk, nobody has a problem and I play just fine
>play FNM high every week usually get top 4, split and won the odd pack in playoff last night

Being unable to play games while inebriated is a problem with the player, not whatever they're drinking or smoking. There are a few friends of mine who can't deal with any sort of nuanced thinking when they're inebriated and it gets annoying sometimes but holy shit sometimes I forget how many spergs are on this site.
>>
>>47375047
Sounds to me like you are an insufferable prick that drives the people around them to load themselves on any available somnific to flee from your presence!
>>
>>47375076
I guess that's the ticket... my friends and I are all above average intellect. Sure, smoking some grass dulls the mind a little bit, but not enough to make playing a goddamn TTRPG difficult.
>>
>>47375036
So, basically, if I ask you to stop coming already drugged up, and you keep doing it, I shouldn't tell you to stop coming over because I'm enfringing on your right to do something I dislike in my house? The way I see it, you can do whatever you want outside my house, I can decide if I want you in my house or not. Seems only fair, I'd say.
>>
>>47375056
Wait what repeat that, sorry, no dude I'm listening this time go ahead and repeat that.
>>
>>47375120
Yes! You surely can do that, but that makes you an uptight Puritan prick!
>>
>>47375149
Probably cisgender scum too amiright?
>>
>>47375129
>y arnt u listnng 2 me?!?!??!
I'm sure that your wit and insight is legendarily important, faggot.
>>
>>47375205
Wait what? Sorry I swear I'm listening this time.
>>
>>47375185
>random anti-SJW MRA meme nonsequiter

Yep, you're an anti-SJW Puritan.

I didn't realize they let you faggots play D&D. I though it was satanic and too close to gambling.
>>
>>47375149
See? We found a common point. I'm happy being an uptight puritanical prick, that hypothetical guy from before is happy being a drugged-up junkie who can't control his basest urges, we're all happy as long as we respect each other's freedom and never meet at my house.
>>
>>47375185
As the uptight puritanical prick in question, I'm afraid I am a cisgender scum and proud of it.
>>
>>47375232
but your side doesn't respect other's freedom, you pay hired thugs to beat people and throw them into concrete boxes.
>>
>>47374015
>He likes being sober so fuck him
How's that weed addiction and smooth brain doing?
>>
>>47375313
>smooth brain
>can't into basic reading comprehension
kek, puritans are retarded, maybe that's why weed reacts so badly. You are so stupid that it dulls the one wit you have to share amongst the lot of you.
>>
>>47375036
Contrary to what you may think, non-sober people are generally annoying as all hell to sober people.
>>
>all these weedfags hate being sober

Why would I willingly go out of my way to spend money fucking up my conciousness? I mean sometimes painkillers are needed like if you go to the dentist. But I'm never taking anti-depressants, or painkillers for most long lasting injuries, I don't even take tylenol. Pain and discomfort are your body communicating with you.
>>
>>47375269
If there's something this whole discussion taught me, it's that no one can criticize me for what I do to entertain myself.
>>
>>47375344
>I don't like weed
>Lol u Puritan cuck u need to get 420 mo weed 4 days
No thanks.
>>
>>47375453
No!! You shouldn't ever smoke weed!!! It would probably stop your brain function because, clearly, you have so little going on up there.
>>
>>47375448
but they will, because they are holier-than-thou upright Puritan faggots
>>
>>47375534
Personal attacks against someone because they disagree with you shows a lack of any counter argument. How is it infringing on another person's rights that I deny them access to my home because they showed up completely inebriated, even after multiple warnings that if they did I would deny them access?
>>
>>47371237
because the biggest fucking loser of society frequent this site. smoking weed doesn't trigger normal people at all. in fact most things don't trigger normal people, you do you I do me.
>>
>>47375108
Try playing with people who are semi retarded to start with.
>>
>>47375573
We already laid that argument to rest a while back. You should read the thread again so you can be caught up with the rest of us. I'll wait.
>>
>>47375228
>D&D is the only RPG.
>On /tg/ no less.
>get /out/.
>>
>>47375592
That's why CandyLand and Settlers of Catan exist bruh.
>>
>that guy who's the only person not incessantly smoking weed at the table
I make up for it by getting sloppy drunk.
>>
>>47375616
try harder
>>
>>47375618
I tried anon.

Settlers was 'too hard'. I hate living in the wops.
>>
>>47375555
>>47375448
>y-you puritans
So this is what you need to do in order to justify your shitty habits?
If people don't want to play with you if you do X, don't do X or don't play with them, and stop being a faggot.

>but muh weed
No one is forced to accept your shit, just like you aren't forced to accept others.
If a dude was showing up drunk I bet you two shitheads would be among the first to complain.
>>
>>47375573
you are correct, that person is definitely retarded for wanting to hang out with a fuckwad like yourself. I wouldn't even have showed up once I knew you were full homo.
>>
>>47375602
The argument was not put to rest because a bunch of people discussed it without me present. Now, are you going to argue or will you just keep shouting insults and memes at me for ten posts?

Question repeated again:
>How is it infringing on another person's rights that I deny them access to my home because they showed up completely inebriated, even after multiple warnings that if they did I would deny them access?
>>
>>47375555
Is this a Dragon Ball-like situation?
I think I'm an uptight puritanical prick, only to find someone who is even more of an uptight puritanical prick than myself, than I defeat him in an uptight-off, only to find someone who is even more of an uptight puritanical prick than that guy, and so on?
>>
>>47375639
I'm not surprised a stoner is so poor in experience they only know D&D.
>>
>>47375056

Hey man... that's like..... such a good point....
>>
>>47375656
1. Nobody cares about your special snowflake opinion.

2. It's not, but that's not what the argument was, so your shit-tier attempt at a Socratic argument is irrelevant.
>>
>>47375649
So you don't want to hang out with me because I prefer to hang out with people who don't obsessively use marijuana? Good for both of us.
>>
>>47375129
>>47375680
uptight assblasted faggots BTFO
>>
>>47375056
And maybe you should understand people aren't forced to take any of your shit more than what's necessary.
Necessary being no one has the right to go and punch you in the face for it, but if they decide you aren't welcome in their home, well tough luck.
You either put up or you leave, your right to be a tard doesn't overrule others' rights over their property or the right of a group to not accept you in it.
>>
>>47375672
harder
>>
>>47375693
Still not answering why he has to allow them into his home.
>>
>>47375695
yes thats exactly what I am trying to say. I have zero interest in hanging out with some cunt thats going to make a big deal out of me having a good time.
>>
>it's an "autists whine about drugs since all their drug education comes from movies and D.A.R.E" episode

The worst. You niggas need Jesus
>>
>>47375693
>Hey guys, maybe X isn't such a good thing
>>LOL STOP SHOUTONG ABOUT YOUR SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE OPINION.
>>OUR WORD IS LAW AND NOBODY CAN DISAGREE
This is what you sound like. Now please, answer the damn question.
>>
>>47375707
Anon, is it okay if I fuck you in the ass? I am a gay man from the south (not even memeing), if you say no you're being an uptight puritan asshole.
>>
>>47375721
I know. Nobody made that claim. Run along now, junior.
>>
>>47375716
>Because my system is shit that means anyone who points it out must be a troll.

Play something good, like Dark Heresy.
>>
>>47375729
>whine about drugs
If you're visibly drugged or drunk then well, it's at the point where it's an issue. People have their rights, you have yours, don't try to force it on others to "accept" you.
>>
>>47375644
I'm >>47375448
I was referring to the fact that no one can criticize me for paying hired thugs, since it's my right to do anything I want, whenever I want.
>>
>>47375738
>smoking weed around people that don't smoke weed is the same as refusing to let a homo fuck you in the ass
>>
>>47375734
>WORDS WORDS WORDS
>IF I MAKE GREENTEXT TO ARGUE AGAINST
>UP IS DOWN
>RED IS A FALSE GOD!

try harder
>>
>>47375752
Amazing, the stoner acts retarded and is unable to answer basic questions.
>>
>>47375729
If you read the fucking bible then you'd know Jesus is against getting high since "My body is mine temple, do not desecrate it with drink or smoke."
>>
>>47375763

Then why are you forcing your bullshit issues on me?
>>
>>47375771
If they say they don't want you to do it, yes.
I have extreme allergy to a bunch of shit for instance, if you smoke around me my chronic respiratory problems will perk up and fuck me in the bumhole, so I'd rather you don't.
>B-BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME! WHEN I FORCE PEOPLE TO ACCEPT MY SHIT IT'S FINE
No anon, you're the dummie.
>>
>>47375763
>If you're visibly drugged or drunk then well, it's at the point where it's an issue.
holy fucking shit LOL its just not an issue at all you complete fag lord.
>>
>>47375776
I asked you a question. You say that the problem is solved and that my opinion is wrong without ever discussing it, and then proceeded with personal attacks. You're the problem here.
>>
File: seewhatidid.jpg (7 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
seewhatidid.jpg
7 KB, 274x184
>>47375738
>penetrating someone's butthole is the same as being stoned while in the same room as someone
cool analogy bro
>>
>>47375757
keep trying, you aren't even hitting the dartboard, buddy.
>>
>>47375783
>huuuurrr
Why are you forcing non-arguments on me?

>>47375807
To me it is considering I do have respiratory issues to the point where I make multiple visits per month to the doctor.
You want to force your shit? Fine. Do it. But I'll also force my shit onto you.
>>
>>47375807
It is when that same person does not want that kind of people in his home. What if I barged into your home high on PCP and painkillers? What about knock-out drunk? Or high as a kite? Why is the last situation the one where I'm required to let you into my home?
>>
>>47375763
Why, you uptight puritan faggots do that all of the time?
>>
>>47375803
The way you're typing is making me think you're a teenage that can't even perceive it's an issue.
You do know there is a point when people do notice you're being an ass due to whatever it is you used, right?
Or maybe they don't, you don't seem the type whose behavior would be any different either way.
>>
>>47375797
im not gonna argue that when someone invites you to their home and gives you rules you follow them, obviously you do and if you don't like the rules then leave.

but the thing that I find funny is you don't actually give a fuck about the smoke itself, because no ones gonna smoke it around you, you're just bothered by them being stoned, which makes you the type of person I wouldn't consider hanging out with. better for both of us of course, cause you probably wouldn't enjoy my company either.
>>
>>47375806
It's not my fault that you didn't read the thread. You aren't important here, faggot.
>>
>>47375849
Why do you high-as fuck stoners do that all of the time? Double standards bro, look it up.
>>
>>47375826
>It's only defining feature is that it launched the TTRPG into the mainstream.
>Still apparently 'good'.
>>
>>47364970
>>47362788
This

>>47362752
Last time this subject came up, I thought of a nice analogy.

Being stoned at the game is like masturbating under the table.
If everyone is okay with, it's fine.
If not, you're being a disruptive dick.
If you think you can do it and nobody will know, you're an idiot.
>>
>>47375831
Please explain how someone smoking in another location and then being in the same room with you afterwards, the situation we are discussing, can impact your pulmonary system.
>>
>>47375849
I'm pro legalizing weed, but I also have my right to not allowing it in my home.
Please fuck right off with your teenage MUH SYSTEM bullshit.

>>47375865
I'm worried about the smoke.
If they're stoned but it's not affecting gameplay it's fine, if it does then it's not. I've already said so.
>>
>>47375859
you realize people can be drugged/drunk and act completely normal right? the way you wrote that it tells me you think the second anyone is in any way inebriated they are no longer functional, which is complete and utter bullshit. its ok that you have a vendetta against all things fun, I have the proper sense not to put myself around people like you.
>>
>>47375875
Neither are you, but you INSIST that I need to allow someone into my home because apparently being completely inebriated to the point of ruining the night and possibly damaging my property is completely acceptable behavior for a twenty-something year old adult.
>>
>>47375890
And for the love of god have the decency to think of others before showing up.
>>
>>47375876
Yes, I know that uptight Puritan faglords are the pinnacle of double standards and hypocrisy.
>>
>>47375901
then just make sure they don't smoke around you, pretty simple. if the guy is lighting up and blowing it in everyone face then hes a cunt too.
>>
>>47375899
Please explain how someone drinking heavily on another location and then being in the same room with you afterwards,l can impact your safety?
>>
>>47375903
Mein Gott anon, see
>>47375901
If it's not affecting gameplay it's fine, but if it's visibly altering their behavior in a negative sense then yes, I'll call them out for it.

I've had good friends start being idiots due to being inebriated and I had to tell them to retire for the night and continue without them.
No point in playing if you can barely understand what the shit is going on.
>>
>>47375890
>Being stoned at the game is like masturbating under the table.
LOL holy shit man you need to get out more and experience life.
>>
>>47375905
No. Nobody insists that. You are having a fantasy argument that you want to be having rather than engaging with reality. i couldn't expect any less from an uptight puritan faglord who somehow thinks that someone being stoned may "damage their property"
>>
>>47375915
If I say I don't like people showing up high and someone shows up high and I deny them access to my home, how am I exhibiting double standards?
>>
>>47375925
no more than being around anyone in any room can affect your safety, what a ridiculous argument.
>>
>>47375925
>Because everyone acts high exactly the same way I do.
>>
>hurr durr if you don't get high you are boring/an autist/have no friends

Why do worthless, shitty people always spout this nonsense?
>>
>>47375925
stop trying, you are clearly not going to get any better at this.
>>
>>47375915
>>47375942
Puritan Faglord anon and LOL Holy Shit anon sitting in a tree
T
O
K
I
N
>>
>>47375943
So I can come to your house high on PCP, even if you hate PCP, because it's within my rights?
>>
File: 1343710430381.jpg (53 KB, 558x705) Image search: [Google]
1343710430381.jpg
53 KB, 558x705
>>47375926
>I had to tell them to retire for the night
>>
>>47375979
You can't come to my house at all.
>>
>>47375986
>not telling a depressive drunken mess to go sleep it off at your room instead of screwing shit up in front of everyone else
He'd do the same for me.
>>
>>47375859
>>47375903
I'm not either of these two anons.
But I have played with people too stoned to play.
And I have been too stoned to play once and stepped away.
I also have a friend who is extremely functional when slightly stoned.
Being stoned affects you more than you realize, though.

This is not a binary issue.
Being at the table too stoned to play makes you That Guy.
Defining "too stoned" is the tricky part and is subjective.
>>
>>47375990
>The subject -->
>You.
>>
>Guy shows up high after being told if he did he would be denied access to home.
>Shows up high
>Gets denied access
>Smokers and low-lives on /tg/ defend that succumbing to your basest urges should be accepted by people who are clearly uncomfortable with how you act while high.
>everyone who disagrees is a Puritan shitstain
Welp. Goodnight everyone.
>>
File: 1449608103979.jpg (39 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1449608103979.jpg
39 KB, 492x388
>>47375990
Nobody ever goes there to begin with.
>>
>>47375949
You keep, consistently, trying to improperly draw argumentative links that don't exist.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.