[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: only magic.png (25 KB, 952x377) Image search: [Google]
only magic.png
25 KB, 952x377
Sexy edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
>>
Why aren't people playing Arjun?
>>
File: Saffi Eriksdotter.jpg (73 KB, 640x456) Image search: [Google]
Saffi Eriksdotter.jpg
73 KB, 640x456
>>47357985
People seem to not like teferi puzzle box effects.

Anything noteworthy I should look into for this Saffi deck? I'm in a somewhat competitive group playing Karador Combo and Mimeoplasm.dek

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/saffi-eriksdotter-2016/
>>
>>47358163
We need more commanders worth running only for their _____ass___
>>
File: rw com.png (457 KB, 531x370) Image search: [Google]
rw com.png
457 KB, 531x370
So I made first steps with collecting cards for my budget (cards cheaper than 0,50$) soldiers. I dropped Iroas for a moment (5$ is not what I'm looking for at this moment) and thinking about Tajic or Kalemne.
For now, my resources are
>Forged in Battle intro pack
>Elspeth deck from Elspeth vs Kiora
>KTK, FRF and DTK commons
>BNG and JOU commons
>White M15 sample deck and Will of the masses intro pack
This is a card list with cards that I can usually buy under 0,50$ or 1$ price if it is very important or useful card http://deck.tk [slash] 1JxX8bdH

Any tips and ideas what cheap cards should I pick?
>>
>>47359498
Iroas deck itself has enough value and has decent soldiers in it
>>
>>47358323
What are you even talking about? Saffi is a beast even if she has a damn nice ass. That's definitely not the only reason to run her.
>>
>>47359821
I didn't mean it Anon. My point was we need commanders worth runnig for their ass without looking at their abilities etc at all - both good or bad
>>
>>47360178
I bet you could find some artists to make some fine alters for you if you are so devoted to the butt.
>>
File: ben-ben.jpg (78 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
ben-ben.jpg
78 KB, 480x680
>>47358323
What, does Ben-Ben, Akki Hermit not do it for you?
>>
>>47360346
>Kalemne
>Fatties
Naw son. Voltron. Playing titans is the bonus
>>
>>47359498
New odric but I guess that's a given
>>
>>47360411
Actually, this card has nice art
>>
>>47360411

Ben Ben flatter than Tay Tay smdh
>>
>>47359498
If you're going Soldiers and you don't want to go Iroas, then go with Tajic. Kalemne's great and all, but she doesn't have Indestructible.

In terms of good cards for Tajic, stuff like Assemble the Legion, Captain of the Watch, and Mobilization are good, cheap sources of creatures to build his Battalion.
Sunforger's almost mandatory due to the tricks you can pull with it and some nice instants.
It's not quite $1, but Sword of the Animist is amazing ramp for any Boros.
The Primordials (Molten and Luminate in your case) are great for Commander.
Mentor of the Meek is good for card draw, if you can get out a source of soldiers.
Archetype of Courage is fantastic, first strike on everything you have cannot be underestimated.
Agrus Kos boosts attacking creatures, Silverblade Paladin can give Tajic Double-Strike, Emeria Sheperd is almost mandatory for helping you recover from a wipe.
If you don't mind CMC 7, Boros Battleshaper is exceptional for politics, and also taking a blocker or attacker out of combat.
Cathar's Crusade is goddamn amazing with soldier decks, and Master Warcraft can either screw over someone's army, or leave yours incapable of being blocked.
Also if you don't want to buy Iroas, God of Victory, then grab Frontline Medic.
>>
>>47357985
Because his ability is great for digging through your deck, but not good for comboing, which would tend to be why you would want to dig. Although a deck packed with rituals and powerful card draw might be an effective Storm deck.
>>
>>47360411
Like scrapping my face against the cave wall.
>>
File: khad.gif (1 MB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
khad.gif
1 MB, 500x255
Been digging stuff out of my dresser, and I found some oversized Commander cards I used to play with while I was into Magic. Truth be told I'm not personally tied to these items, so I'd like to get rid of them.

Anybody interested in buying them off of me? Not looking for much, just some money and some satisfaction knowing that someone else will make good use of the cards.

I have Kaalia, Nin, Mimeoplasm, Oros, Vorosh, and Tariel.
>>
Thinking of building a theft/clone deck. Would UB (with Lazav) or UBR (with Jeleva) be better? What does red bring to the table besides Act of Betrayal and Wild Ricochet type effects?
>>
Finally got a Master of Cruelties for Alesha and/or Kaalia. It's about time.

Also picked up Mes Orb for when I build Sidisi. I need to get my Shadowborn Apostles, first.
>>
>>47362364

red provides wheel of fortune effects so that you can fuel stealing stuff from your opponents graveyards

insurrection is kinda the ultimate theft card

just blue black is good to though

not entirely sure how jeleva supports a theft/clone strategy, most theft and clone effects seem to be permanent based rather than instant or sorcery, but shes powerful for sure
>>
>>47358163

If you want to make it better, there is a lot of fat you can trim. However, I'm not sure what your win con is beyond just attacking, which is a huge waste of Saffi's potential to shit on everything forever. At the very least, you need a Blasting Station.

Sadly, I didn't load my list before I took it apart, or I'd link it.
>>
>>47360411
The only thing Ben-Ben does to me is deal damage to my attacking creature equal to the number of mountains he controls :^)
>>
File: Major Teroh_TO.jpg (47 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Major Teroh_TO.jpg
47 KB, 312x445
Question, what is your favorite part about playing commander compared to the other formats?
>>
>>47362908
I like all the goofy shit than can happen. And sitting around the table talking shit and drinking beer with friends while we play
>>
>>47362908

singleton gives you many more slots in your deck, decks have more replay value for that reason i think
>>
>>47362908
Playing with a commander makes me feel like the deck has bit more of an identity beyond "this deck attacks a lot" or "this deck kills your stuff a lot".

I also get to play dumb shit and still win sometimes.
>>
>>47362974

This is what pisses me off about 4 color.
>>
I'm thinking of getting mimeoplasm, what are the core cards to grab for him that are cheap?
>>
>>47363512
i want to say, consuming abberation, mindshrieker, geth, lord of the vault, fathom mage, and moonlight bargain
/edhg/ how did i do?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-04-16-hail-to-the-king-baby/
>>
>>47363512
>Playing the Memeoplasma
>Not playing the most underrated Sultai commander, Tasigur, our Lord and Savior.

C'mon, anon, this is your opportunity for greatness; don't waste it.
>>
File: 1462629544355.png (128 KB, 427x315) Image search: [Google]
1462629544355.png
128 KB, 427x315
>>47363725
>get shat on playing tasigur
>get shit for switching to mimeoplasm

I'm starting to think most of you suck ass at edh.
>>
>>47363854
Mimeoplasm is heavily centered around the graveyard. In my playgroup, there is a large amount of graveyard hate so playing a gravebased commander and strat is counterproductive. With Tasigur, you can have elements of graveyard synergy while also having access to spells that get value regardless. If you don't have a lot of graveyard hate floating around then the Mimeoplasm can be a beast; otherwise, Tasigur fits the role better while providing better access to value control and combo.
>>
File: edh metagame.png (2 MB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
edh metagame.png
2 MB, 1600x2000
playgroups
post em'

rate em'

hate em'
>>
>>47363725
Since when was based Bananaman underrated?
>>
>>47364728
EDHrec has him listed as having the second to fewest deck lists posted online only beating Vrosh. That being said, Sultai commanders are few and far between and he still puts up an impressive 310 deck lists.
>>
File: Tasigur, the Golden Fang.jpg (162 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
Tasigur, the Golden Fang.jpg
162 KB, 800x582
>>47364847
I'd say it's a shame, but he's also super easy to just build into horribly boring BUG combo, so it might be for the best. Tasigur's super fun as janky political and maximum delving.
>>
>>47365005
I have him built as a control general who can grind out games until the bitter end. Green gets the engine rolling and UB keeps things in check. If crucible lands then wasteland, strip mine, GQ, tec. edge, and encroaching wastes make for a decent game ender. That being said, the deck still uses some infinite combos that are usually the default win condition.

I've played Oloro, Prossh, Daxos, Angry Omnath, Sidri, and a host of other decks. Tasigur is by far the one I enjoy the most.
>>
>>47364847
He still has three hundred and twelve decks you goober

Hardly underrated
>>
File: EDHrec.png (612 KB, 1019x372) Image search: [Google]
EDHrec.png
612 KB, 1019x372
>>47365276
Not from where I'm looking.
>>
>>47365276
Hold that thought, took you too literally.

Tasigur may have 300+ decklists but he still gets no love. As far as people are concerned, his home is in grixis delver and thats about it (I don't watch other eternal formats so I have nothing to go on for legacy). Everyone I've talked to, and I've talked to many, consider him to be too low impact and have passed on him. His critics outnumber his enthusiasts and he's been an underdog in commander since day one.
>>
>>47365395
I think he's slept on pretty hard because his power isn't super obvious but a well made Banana has an intimidating girth that can not be ignored. I think he's a contender for a tier 1.5 ranking.
>>
Does anyone here play horde magic and/or has built a horde deck? I feel like trying something new and cooperative with my playgroup. Maybe a five color Ally horde?
>>
>>47360178
I get it. I'm an ass man, too. But when we're talking about magic-ass, only ones I can think of is Saffi and Blood Tribute. Dunno about commanders though.
>>
File: Commander.png (442 KB, 750x658) Image search: [Google]
Commander.png
442 KB, 750x658
What do you guys think of my decks?
>>
>>47366393
I've seen you before at least zillion times. Aftaid to say that your shit seems boring, as none of them seems to have anything special.
I kinda like Selvala, though. Sidisi can be powerful, as can Surrak too. I have played with Muzzio, but absolutely hated him, he seems really underwhelming, unless you're playing expensive garbage cards such as darksteel forge. Still, it's hard to say how games go with you. I totally would play with you.
>>
>>47366536
Don't quite know how you have seen this that much, i have posted this image twice and not within the past 2 or 3 weeks, but Muzzio tends to get left alone and gets a lot of the big stuff out, Surrak is Bear tribal and will never be good, he was just an expensive joke. I really want to make Sidisi goog but i have mainly been working of Selvala and Muzzio.
>>
>>47366586
Well, I think's been a while, but I have seen that image a lot overall. Muzzio might be better than I think, I have just been disappointed in him. Selvala can be brutal, but pretty much needs to be a stax build to be efficient.
I think Sidisi has the best potential out of the three, but we probably have a different meta, so my opinion probably doesn't matter.
>>
>>47357985
Wheels are best used intelligently, arjun is the mega retard wheel, he draws in unneeded hate and he isnt shrouded or hexproof. The best wheel creature, but also the worst.
>>
>>47359498
Sfm wins the game with kalmne, not so much with tasijic. Also focus on using your nahiri to ultimate in avecyn and lock out the game, oath if the gatewatch will help you out with that. Also make sure youre running sunforger to have pocket removal that your opponents cant interact with.
>>
>>47363725
Banana boy is banned in 1v1 commander, nigga how the fuck is that underrated to you?
>>
File: EDH meta.png (6 MB, 1708x2001) Image search: [Google]
EDH meta.png
6 MB, 1708x2001
>>47364420
>>
Newb here, what's the point of that commander that turns your mana colorless when it empties from your pool if you had extra?
>>
File: 68b.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
68b.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>47367526
You mean Kruphix?

Another big reason is his limitless handsize ability. Storing extra mana, even if its colorless is a nice ramp, excellent for paying for X spells or abilities, like this one.
>>
>>47367526
You get to tap out at eot and then use colorless for generic mana costs. [Spoiler]Or eldrazi titans.[/Spoiler]
>>
File: 140.jpg (58 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
140.jpg
58 KB, 312x445
Aura of Silence or Serenity for my monowhite Avacyn, Angel of Hope deck? I can only choose 1.
>>
>>47363725
>another tasigur player

Nice, I love him because he turns inverter of truth into a win condition with laboratory maniac
>>
>>47367896

They serve very different purposes, I think if it's one or the other you've made some sort of mistake

How much artifacts and enchantments do you have?

I know avacyn protects them but I still think serenity is best in decks with few artifacts and enchantments

Whereas aura of silence is always fantastic
>>
File: 1463544993211.png (727 KB, 853x530) Image search: [Google]
1463544993211.png
727 KB, 853x530
Question followed by clarification, if a commander is R/B would it still be able to use a creature that has the extort ability or can extort cards only be used in W/B decks, if the answer is yes then how come I can't use yasova dragonclaw in newzuri?
>>
>>47367949
29 total. So from what you're saying, go with Aura of Silence?
>>
>>47367985

Sure
>>
>>47367969
Mana costs of activated abilities count towards your Commander's colors, so Yasova is a card with URG color identity. Extort has no mana costs in its rule text, only in its reminder text, so you can use Extort cards in a RB deck.
>>
>>47367985

Yeah because if you think about it, you're usually going to have more artifacts and enchantments than anybody else so serenity is usually only going to help if avacyn is in play
>>
>>47367969
Yes to extort, as the W/B hybrid mana symbol isn't on rules text, but reminder text. Kinda like with Sphere of Resistance. Yasova cannot be used, because she's a green card with RGB identity. The ability is in rules text, so that makes the identity different. If it had a keyword followed by reminder text, it could be run in any deck.
If there was a colourless card with extort, you could run it in deck which wouldn't have white nor black identity in it, even though it would be counter productive.
>>
>>47367969

Reminder text vs rules text

It's a retarded rule though when you consider that extort IS rules text, it's just shorthand for its reminder text
>>
>>47368097
Sorry, meant RUG identity
>>
>>47368087
>>47368097
>>47368100
So what you're telling me is that commander has more awful rules than I originally thought.
>>
File: oloro, aloof asshole.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
oloro, aloof asshole.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
So I'm about to get my hands on this mofo, and I'm wondering what are some good ideas for building around him. Throw me your best suggestions.
>>
File: i win.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
i win.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>47368191
>>
File: u mad.jpg (65 KB, 364x325) Image search: [Google]
u mad.jpg
65 KB, 364x325
>>47362908
What other formats let me resolve Villainous Wealth for 15?
>>
>>47368136

If you say so
>>
File: 110395_1.jpg (23 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
110395_1.jpg
23 KB, 226x311
>>47368136
Yes. Reminder text having color identity is a great idea. The first printing of trinisphere should have a black color identity. It's not at all autistic to complain about rules you ultimately don't have a reason to care about.
>>
>>47368267
I prefer my commander games without "oops I win" spells.
>>
File: decktech.png (285 KB, 497x310) Image search: [Google]
decktech.png
285 KB, 497x310
>>47368416
how about "oops you lose"?
>>
File: 2.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
Finally got to play my Sisay deck with people. It's even better than I had hoped, and will be even sweeter with more players. Just need to buy the last $500 of cards and it will be perfect.

Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>47368508
>Captain Sissy
sounds about right :^)
>>
>>47368295
>I hope your deck is good because mine's not
>>
>>47362908
I like how one game can go from vintage level game play, to janky, hilarious bullshit.
>>
File: last laugh.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
last laugh.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>47368191
I know you said no, "Oops I win"

But this is the only way I like for Oloro to win.
>>
>>47368611
My deck is literally 5 color trololololo stuff. Perplexing Chimera, Possibility Storm, Shifting Loyalties, Illusory Gain... Playing commander with me is playing Whose Spell is it Anyway.
>>
>>47368191
Chair Tribal
>>
Awww yissss I'm gonna play some EDH tonight

Got TWO new decks
>>
>>47370054
Which two?
Are you running Ashling+99 Mountains AND Meloku+99 Islands?
>>
>>47370134
Nah nigga

Purph and Sedris
>>
>>47370134
"Meloku and the 99 islands" sounds like a movie
also sounds like a fun deck
>>
>>47370280
99 Islands seems bad.

Now if it were 50 Islands and 49 Cryptic Commands, that would be a good deck.
>>
>>47370348
What about 70 islands, 1 meloku, and 29 counterspells
>>
>>47370523
I have a foil Meloku, I think I'll put this together. I have a couple extra turn spells left over, too.
>>
>>47370930
I have a Meloku in my Riku token deck, shit starts getting hilarious with Angry Omnath, Zendikar's Roil, and Mana Echoes on board.
>>
What happens when Empty the Warrens gets copied with a Fork?
>>
What's the worst card that's ever won you the game?

For me it's pariah shield, opponents purphoros deck was going off but I managed to equip it to 8 1/2 tails and use his ability and purph player wasn't able to deal with it
>>
>>47372304

You get 2 more tokens than you would have had had you simply cast empty the warrens
>>
File: 404.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
404.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>47372317
I slapped a Jace down and redirected the 20 damage to myself to win the game. I like to win with bad/slow cards.
>>
>>47372333
So Storm does not trigger on the copy, got it

Thankee
>>
>>47372507
You can't redirect damage to your own planeswalkers
>>
>>47372567
Shit. I fucked up 3 years ago against myself.
>>
>>47372304
Also, if the original gets countered, does the copy still go off? Or would it fizzle since there's no valid target?
>>
>>47368661
>friend taps 15 mana for alliance of arm, two other players add some to it.
>next turn is mine, I play last laugh

it became a cold war.
>>
>>47366393
Can I get a list for Surrak?
>>
>>47372678

Empty the warrens on the stack, you target it with fork, opponent counters the one you targeted, fork is counteres
>>
File: 105.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
105.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
Cards that, once cast, have never failed to put you insanely ahead or just win you the game.
>>
>>47372993

Overrated
>>
File: 42.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>47372993
>>
File: Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor_OD.jpg (50 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Aboshan, Cephalid Emperor_OD.jpg
50 KB, 312x445
>>47372993
>>
File: 58.jpg (84 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
58.jpg
84 KB, 312x445
>>47372993
This right here
>>
>>47372304
Storm triggers on cast. When you copy a spell you did not cast it, you only copied it.(Unless it's something like Mizzix's Mastery which reads "you may CAST the copies". Be careful when reading cards.)
>>47372678
When you cast a spell with storm, a trigger is put on the stack to copy the spell for each spell cast prior. If this trigger resolves, then each of the copies is put onto the stack (again, these copies are not cast, they are copies). Countering the original spell is not the same as countering the storm trigger, so the copies will still be put on the stack even if the original spell is countered. Once these copies are put on the stack, each must be countered separately.

In other words, to properly stop a storm spell you need something to counter all spells on the stack like Counterflux or Mindbreak Trap, or you can counter the storm trigger with spells like stifle, trickbind, and Voidslime.
>>
>>47357725

So I just bought my first commander deck and my question is, how the fuck are you supposed to shuffle this shit? Once you put it in sleeves i'm lucky enough to get the deck to stand without falling. Whats your magic tricks for this shit /edhg/?
>>
>>47373222
I'm shuffling a deck the same way every time - just put the cards on 6-7 different piles and that's all. You can change the way of putting them etc
>>
>>47373222
Huh, it has a name and it's called pile shuffle - the more you know
https://youtu.be/qSMUU2OK9vQ?t=4m27s
>>
>>47367526
as a Kruphix player, you save that for big X spells or just big plays in general, nothing like casting a Spawnsire of Ulamog to then play a It that betrays and a All is Dust
>>
>>47373222
>>47373389
For me personally, I pile shuffle then I overhand shuffle some of the piles together, takes a while but seems to work well enough
>>
>>47368676
I'm gonna need that deck list.
>>
>>47373222

some sleeves are more slippery than others, but in my experience all sleeves will lose that slipperyness over the course of a few games and become much easier to shuffle

even new sleeves arent too hard to mash shuffle though, you just have to grip each half of your deck from the edges as opposed to squeezing the pile
>>
>>47373222
What sleeves you have?
>>
>>47373690

regular hypermats.
>>
File: easy game.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
easy game.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>47372993
:^)
>>
File: 8.5.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
8.5.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>47357725
So I picked up this fucker in Japanese, and I want to build a deck for him. What would be a good direction to take it in? I know that Voltron is always good, but I feel like there are other strategies that he could work well with that I'm just not considering.

Because mono-W isn't a thing I usually do in EDH, at all.
>>
>>47373853

hatebears is a good strategy with 8 1/2 tails

hatebears are weak to spot removal, 8 1/2 tails is an excellent counter to spot removal

also i think hatebears are some of the most powerful things white can do in terms of mana efficiency, which is important because white doesnt ramp especially well
>>
>its almost 6pm
>no contact from group
>3rd week in a row

Maybe I'll get to play next week, I guess.
>>
File: mono white ramp.png (225 KB, 476x310) Image search: [Google]
mono white ramp.png
225 KB, 476x310
>>47373874
>>
>>47374008

thats pretty cool!

probably worth considering in most mono white decks, especially since the burnished hart is generally a good option for mono white and gift of immortality has some nice synergies of its own
>>
>>47374008
>>47374026
I wasn't sure I wanted to include that bit of tech, because I feel like Hart with other recursion was good enough already. What are some other synergies/combos that could be pulled with Gift?
>>
>>47372993
Most times I resolve a Villainous Wealth, I flat out win the game because there's always a Timmy on the table letting me jam ten humongous fatties with value on the board simultaneously.
>>
File: tomorrow.jpg (68 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
tomorrow.jpg
68 KB, 480x680
Is there any way to abuse pic related except for Possessed Portal?
I really like the card, but can't help but think it's a little underwhelming.
>>
>>47374152
my friend runs this tech in Heliod enchantments, so it is probably not what you are looking for
there he has Ajani's Chosen, Auramacer, Heliod's Pilgrim and Boonweaver
>>
>>47374152
come to think of it, Burnished Hart is especially good with Emeria Shepherd
>>
>>47374152

any other creature that sacs it self works with gift of immortality, like kami of ancient law, for instance, but thats not that impressive, the most common gift of immortality combo is based on boonweaver giant
>>
Do the tokens created by Darien Human, or are they just Soldiers.
>>
>>47374627

does it say they are human?

no?

they are just soldiers
>>
>>47373926
Do the first move
>>
>>47374431
That, Sun Titan, and Emeria were already on my shortlist.
>>
Does Bruna draw a lot of hate?
Wanna bring her to my LGS.
>>
>>47372532
For future reference, the important word in a card for stuff like that is "cast". Fork does not say it casts the copy, so you don't get anything that triggers when you cast a spell (of course, you get the trigger from Fork, but not the copied spell).
>>
>>47374180
Enter the Infinite lets you win by boring your opponents to death.
>>
>>47374180

yeah its just an underwhelming card, not a bad effect but overcosted

for other combos with tomorrow, check out read the runes, its a fairly mediocre card that becomes quite strong with tomorrow in play
>>
>>47374851
I feel it would be the other way around
>can't I just draw my library?
>JUDGE!
>>
This whole thread TLDR

is tiny leaders still a format people play? If so, is it worth trying out?
>>
>>47360650
>dig through for niv mizzle
>win

>dig through for thought reflection
>cast lab maniac
>win

>diviner's wand
>win

>sphinx's tutelage
>win

>psychosis crawler
>win
>>
>>47362985
You just need to build 4 color right then.
>>
>>47363512
Buried alive, some busted ass thing with haste and preferably something more, death's shadow, wonder
>>
>>47375883

no people dont play it
>>
>>47374686

I've tried. I usually don't hear anything back when I try to get people together.
>>
>>47374180
Zur's Weirding
>>
>>47373802
>sitting around with a friend
>someone comes over and gives him a small stack of cards for free
>there's a fucking omniscience in it
neither of us even knew the guy
>>
>>47360585
Break through the line too. One red to give tajic haste and unblock able before his batattlion triggers
>>
>>47357985

I think people like to feel in control of what's happening in the game

Arjun is full yolo mode when he's in play
>>
>>47379588

With that said, he's awesome in the 99 of a niv mizzet deck, just like mindmoil was
>>
Sure those are some nice cards with him but none of them will really seal out a game the turn they come down will they? And you need to pray you wheeled into more counterspells to protect your combo piece since you can't really hold them for the right moment with Arjun unless you want to sit around doing a whole lot of nothing. I'm not saying he's unplayable but he doesn't do himself many favors.
>>
>>47375896
>>47380381
Fug
>>
>>47380381

Niv mizzet + Arjun can end the game the turn it comes out
>>
I have a question!

If a Brago player deals combat damage to another player and blinks a whole bunch of stuff, can I use turn-enders like Sundial of the Infinite to make his (Brago's) stuff stay in exile forever?
>>
>>47357725

Hey I'm kind of new to magic. During my end step can I play spells like creatures and artifacts?
>>
>>47381061
Only if they have flash
>>
>>47380854
Assuming a four or five man pod that's potentially a lot of life to burn through with Arjun's diminished returns on cards and mana. At that point it just makes more sense to run Niv and find Curiosity or Ophidion Eyes unless you just want to gimp yourself for the sake of your playgroup or you're a masochist.
>>
>>47381061
Only if it has flash. Instants are the only cards that can be cast anytime normally. Also, you can activate abilities of permanents at instant speed too.
>>
>>47381060
No, for two reasons.

1) Brago exiles stuff, then brings it back immediately rather than the end of turn, like say Flickerwisp's ETB ability. This means that players can't cast spells or activate abilities while Brago's triggered ability is resolving. No player has priority to do anything until the stuff comes back into the field.

2) Sundial can only be used on your turn. You need Time Stop.
>>
>>47381145
Good shit, thanks! I was just curious, no one I know actually plays Brago
>>
>>47381145
Time Stopping a mass of Brago triggers sounds like pure sex.
>>
File: 204.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
204.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
Alright /edh/ I've been issued a deckbuilding challenge. My group is sick of me smacking them around with artifact decks, and have tasked me with building something else.

I found this guy, who looks fucking radical. I'm a sucker for hasty beaters and big ETB effects so I was thinking of building him Big Red style, but he looks like he needs a fair number of artifacts to really hit his stride.

Anyone have experience with this guy? How many artifacts would I really need?
>>
>>47381194
Just one actually.

Sundial of the Infinite.
>>
>>47381194
First, stop trying to cram more artifacts in a deck, even after your group asked you to stop cramming artifacts into your decks.
>>
>>47381194
Most people would probably play Scion of the Ur-Dragon as it is just strictly better for the same CMC outside of shenanigans like >>47381224

If you were going to build him though, I would add any artifact that lets you untap him like Thousand Year Elixir so you can drop multiple dragons in a turn.
>>
File: wide.gif (174 KB, 250x137) Image search: [Google]
wide.gif
174 KB, 250x137
>Never really bothered to read/pay attention to Exalted rule text
>For some reason I thought it meant it only applied to the one creature
>"It gets +1/+1 for attacking alone, wooptie-doo"
>Actually bothered to re-read it
>"oh"
>"ohhhhhhhhhh!"

Damn, now I want to do a Rafiq of the Many deck but I'm trying to hold off on spending a while, especially as I'd need to drops some fliff on Noble Hierarch and stuff like that.
>>
>>47381249
I wouldn't. I guess I meant what would be the best stuff to put in. I'd keep it under like 5, everything else would be Dragons
>>
File: 239.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
239.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>47381385
Don't forget pseudo-exalted.
>>
File: e12.png (537 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
e12.png
537 KB, 692x577
Apparently my group doesn't like Torpor Orb, should I work on stax or is torpor orb doomed to bring hate?
>>
File: 15.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>47381484
It's gonna bring hate.
Do it anyways.
>>
>>47381484
Your group sound like faggots. Unless they are all playing mono B, they have no reason to complain about an artifact.
>>
>>47375883
Can't speak for most people but my group plays tiny leaders and sometimes 2HG tiny leaders
>>
mind telling me how my deck is? it's my very first, used only cards i own.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/babbys-first/
>>
>>47381507
It was a 4 player f4a. It was Tasigur(me), Ephara, Oloro, and Brago. Ephara player mostly hated it because he dropped soul warden before I dropped torpor orb, brago player hated it because it locked down his deck.
>>
>>47381529
My immediate thought is that you should purchase a Mesa Enchantress with the sheer number of enchantments you're running (including your commander)
>>
>>47381562
White shits on artifacts and blue can bounce them all day. The Brago player deserved it for not bringing any interaction.
>>
File: 1419050220106.jpg (37 KB, 624x416) Image search: [Google]
1419050220106.jpg
37 KB, 624x416
>decide to play 2HG to close the night
>friend who's new to MTG thinks his decks are all bad, say I'll lend him one of mine
>mfw watching him draw into cards he's never seen before and realizing what they do
>>
I think the best part about Daretti is that no one realizes he's actually making board presence until the last second. Or at least in my playgroup. Then again, my playgroup has Nekusar and Ulasht infinite.
>>
>>47381588
That's how I felt about it. I kept getting attacked until torpor orb left then everyone focused on oloro. I guess I can't land + sol ring t1, t2 land into traitor of ghet
>>
>>47381655
>recurring memory jar over and over than BTFOing the whole table with Scrap Mastery

Those Daretti player feels.
>>
>>47381655

Really?

The daretti in my playgroup always races ahead of the whole table with mana rocks and sol lands and artifact untapping effects
>>
>>47381564
yeah that should probably be a first buy for me, other potential cards i could build commander decks around are
tromokratis
jalira, master polymorphist
anthousa, setessan hero
marchesa, the black rose
surrak dragon claw
emmara tandris
tymaret, the murder king
ruric thar, unbound
exava, rakdos bloodwitch
lavinia of the tenth
zurgo, helmsmasher
and the blue-white goddess from theros.

i could make a pretty good blue white enchantment deck with her but I wanted to keep it mono color for the sake of mana base simplicity. plus, i own a ton of cool monowhite angels i was lucky to be given.
>>
>>47381655
That's interesting considering I fuck over daretti players with geth.
>>
>>47381655
I'm retiring my Daretti deck, he does nothing for me

I probably built him wrong but whatever
>>
>>47373068
holy shit my nigga. Aboshan is my commander and he just stops the game for as long as I want
>>
>>47381564

So your playing mono-white and I'm sorry for that.
Mesa enchantress is a must here as mentioned by >>47381529.
Kor Spiritdancer is not a bad idea either if you focus all of your permanent control on auras like Darksteel Mutation, Cage of Hands and Prison Term. A lot of these you will probably find falls into Sun Titan's clauses.
Silent Sentinel is also gonna do work here.
The fact that you will practically always have vigilance make first strike/ double strike fun. True Conviction seems alright for this.
Open the Vaults and Replenish will help you recover from the ever present Austere Command and like effects.
Starfield of Nyx looks cute but comes with it's own share of risks. Use wisely.
You need Aura of Silence and Seal Cleansing.
Angelic Accord is okay but Sigil of the Empty Throne will get pretty dumb here. Shame it triggers on cast and not ETB.
Serra's Sanctum just wins with Heliod.
>>
>>47381714
>>47381796
>>47381853

It might be me though. There's always one guy in my group who always gets targeted for even breathing because he likes to talk a lot of shit, but we all do. My moments of EDH are always nonsensical banter that we can laugh at afterwards despite what happens in the game.

So I look less threatening than everyone else. I get the same results with Lin Sivvi. They look at my army small creatures and laugh, then Coat of Arms and Mirror Entity comes in the next turn and then everyone likes to pay attention.
>>
>>47381959
>They look at my army of small creatures and laugh

Playing against gahiji has taught me that it not the wisest thing.
>>
>>47381959
No one ever expects Mirror Entity in Lin Sivvi. It is just a fucking blowout every time.
>>
>>47381922
all right, thanks man! there's a lot of cool stuff and i'll put the more expensive stuff on hold, thanks a bunch though!
>>
>>47363725
>underrated
Tasigur is literally the most meme commander in Sultai/Ana

>>47365395
You're clearly unexposed to competitive EDH. Tasigur has been played more than any other Sultai/Ana commander in the format. In fact I absolutely hate going against him because the people who play him are insufferable newtwats who think they're good at Magic because they understand what Force of Will does. It's frustrating.

I'd rather face Damia any day. She wins with the same boring combo as Tasigur. Mimeoplasm is more complex and glassy.
>>
>>47381655
>Ulasht infinite

Got a decklist for that one?

My group has started making some infinite combo decks for playing dirty games, would be cool to make one in colours you wouldn't usually expect
>>
>>47382620
The deck is probably Mana Echos/Sprout Swarm hilarity.
>>
File: 42.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
I want to build Kami of the Crescent Moon. Because everybody loves to draw cards, until they run out of cards.

I have no idea what to include besides Howling Mine effects and counterspells.

Is there anything that really punishes everybody drawing tons of cards?
>>
>>47383167
Runeflare Trap, Sudden Impact, Psychosis Crawler off the top of my head.
>>
File: kami.jpg (20 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
kami.jpg
20 KB, 800x1280
>>47383167

Forced fruition is good too
Go for as many stasis effects as you can (static orb, winter orb, stasis, back to basics, meekstone)

Also, Temple bell and mind over matter is an infinite combo that draws the whole table to death.

Also, go for anvil of Bogarden, and windfall effects (jaces archivist). Make sure to pack feldons cane for a cheap deck reset to ensure you don't deck yourself.

Don't forget propaganda, silent arbiter, crawlspace, Pendrell mists.

You will be running a lot more artifacts and enchantments than you'll be expecting, by the way

I love my kami deck
>>
File: WOO.jpg (110 KB, 667x1176) Image search: [Google]
WOO.jpg
110 KB, 667x1176
>>47383167
Also, arcane laboratory and forbid

You'll have a great time
>>
>>47383167
Iron Maiden, Black Vise and Ebony Owl Nantuko
>>
>>47372867
Sorry for the late reply, but here it is

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/youll-bearly-be-able-to-stand-this/
>>
>>47381194
Illusionist's Bracers. The best equipment in EDH, and no one ever remembers it.
>>
>>47362908
I get to have fun and win 1/10 times, which is 100% more than I win outside of EDH
>>
>>47362908
playing wacky OP cards and seeing them crash into each other
>>
File: META.png (4 MB, 2484x1430) Image search: [Google]
META.png
4 MB, 2484x1430
>>47364420
>>
>>47373802
>>47373051
The correct answers
>>
>>47381194
In addition to the sundial, add Feldon of the third Path and a sac outlet or two.
>>
>>47383255
Thanks anon. Got a list?
>>
>>47382619
What boring combo is that?
>>
>>47384054
Never forget Tel-Jilad Stylus.
>>
>>47381959
>who always gets targeted for even breathing
Hell, I get targeted for humming. It's not even fake-innocuous "I'm up to something" humming, I just hum to myself when I'm thinking sometimes.

Just because someone hums does not mean that he did something.

>>47375883
Why the fuck are you asking /tg/? Ask your local group if anyone still plays it. The answer is probably no because it seems to have been a fad and nothing more, but you can't possibly know that it's not played at your store/in your group from asking us.
>>
>>47381194
Sundial of the Infinite
Conjurer's Closet
Illusionist's Bracers
Tel-Jilad Stylus
Helm of Possession
Rishadan Pawnshop
Claws of Gix
High Market

Bogardon Hellkite/Spawn of Thraxis/Hoard Smelter for spot removal
Worldgorger Dragon for wrath protection
Balefire Dragon/Siege Dragon for targeted board wipe
Hellkite Tyrant to make target blue player lose the game
Dragon Mage/Knollspine Dragon for card draw
Utvara Hellkite+Scourge of Valkas wombo combo
Dragon Tyrant to finish people off

deck is fun as hell to pilot
>>
>>47383167
days undoing, elixer of immortality, ajd drege decks will fuck your shit if you try to make people draw themselves to death.
>>
>>47375896
Arjun player here. Tutelage is oftentimes too slow without a draw doubler, it usually can only kill one person, and it only really shines against monocolored decks.

Also mimeo/zombie Sidisi/Meren/etc are rampant in my meta so I usually need to get the kill in one turn.
>>
>>47375896
>thought reflection
Just use alhmerrets archive.
also
>dropping 12 mana to do nothing that turn in commander
its like skipping your turn and asking your opponent to rape you.
>>
>>47368295
So I built a deck around Villainous Wealth and let me tell you, it's glorious.

Child of Alara is the commander and it's 5-color spellslinger. You use Mana Geyser/Rude Awakening to generate a ton of mana alongside copy effects (Reverberate, Reiterate, Chandra the Firebrand, Mirari, Pyromancer's Goggles on a copy spell, etc) and then cast Villainous Wealth for a large amount. It usually comes down as X=50.

The rest of the deck is just removal and card draw and other wincons. Deck's been really fun and really solid.
>>
File: Sheldon Cooper_thumb.jpg (45 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
Sheldon Cooper_thumb.jpg
45 KB, 404x404
>>47364420
>>47365331
>>47366393
>>47367006
>>47383739

>7/67 are use pre-modern commanders

Fucking millennial modern babies. Stop posting your trash on these threads. Nobody cares about your precon decks.
>>
>>47385852
SHUT the fuck up. Pre-modern Commanders are usually bad, if not notoriously build-around-me. Tell me, what Commanders do you use?
>>
>>47385956
don't reply to bait
>>
>>47385852
>mfw 3/5 of my commanders are premodern
Dude wat
>>
>>47385852
"Modern" the format, or the card frame? I'm legitimately confused how much of a bitch you're even being here because you apparently can't be arsed to be specific.
>>
>>47385968
I couldn't help it. I NEEDED to post back just that one time...
>>
File: 28540_200w.jpg (26 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
28540_200w.jpg
26 KB, 200x285
What are your thoughts on pauper EDH?

I think it's a nice change of pace since the powerlevel is lower.

Currently, I'm working on a 5c Sliver deck.
>>
>>47385852
>Hurr durr Riven Turnbull is da bess legend
>>
>>47386005
The 2 are mutually exclusive.
Sure some older legends are reprinted in new frames. But by the looks of it he counted sliver overlord as pre modern, even though it's been reprinted. So I'd assume the modern format.
>>
So I've been drafting up a Jeskai WizardsTribal deck and I'm liking the idea quit a bit.

It's mainly on turn control / tempo with Shu Yun as the general (because Narset actually detriments the deck, Zedruu does not work, Ruhan is a bit too hot) but Numot could also work.

Currently I'm running:
>12 Coutners
>9 bounces (3 Creatures)
>7 Hard Removal
>2 Buffs
>10 Wizardy-flavour cards
>25 creatures (22 Wizards, Zada, Tomorrow and Galvonoth)
>34 lands.

Kaho, Minamo Historian works quite well, Brain in Jar is fantastic, Shared Fate confused the shit out of my mates when they drew from my deck, Azami is Azami - self explanatory, some other fun stuff. Average CMC is 3.

Draw is quite fast, by turn 5-6 I can probably start drawing full hands.

Any recommendations? Really enjoying the concept
>>
>>47386295
Grixis is the wizzo tribal color, educate yourself. You need riptide lab, venser shaper savant, and sigil tracer.
Side question, why the fuck are you running a monk as a commander in a wizard tribal deck anyways? Its like running rafiq as a merfolk tribal deck, that shit doesn't make sense.
>>
>>47362908
Where else can I play Ruhan of the Fomori? Where else is Assault Suit a valid card? Most importantly, where else can I convince everyone I'm not a threat, despite having a 13/12 trample, haste, hexproof, first strike, flying, unblockable, indestructible, protection from all colors creature with totem armor that summons an attacking 1/1 token whenever it attacks and lets me scry 1, just because I'm giving it to everyone else too even though it can't attack me and can't be sacrificed?

(If you're wondering, it's: Captain's Claws, Assault Suit, Tenza Godo's Maul, Swiftfoot Boots, Gryff's Boon, Hyena Umbra, Aqueous Form, Indestructibility, Spectra Ward, in no particular order. And that's just my last game, not even close to all the pieces in my deck.)

That said, I still need some help with it. Finding three things, specifically:
>Making blockers
>Tutoring Voltron pieces
>Preventing my opponents from comboing out before Ruhan kills them
Any tips?
>>
>>47386392
I wanted to do something else, it's literally Izzet with some white cards.

Because there are no Jeskai Wizards, hence the Numot comment as an alternative.
>>
File: 1447615881075.jpg (54 KB, 625x960) Image search: [Google]
1447615881075.jpg
54 KB, 625x960
>>47386430
I have no way to express my disgust at what you consider tribal anon.
>>
>>47386481

Thanks.
>>
>>47385852
do you post this is every /edhg?
>>
File: 1447028694096.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
1447028694096.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
>>47385852
>>
File: 1331765522428.jpg (282 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1331765522428.jpg
282 KB, 600x600
>group finally starting to realize that buying singles is the way to go
>games becoming miles better as a result
>>
File: 452452656.jpg (17 KB, 215x212) Image search: [Google]
452452656.jpg
17 KB, 215x212
>>47388146
>tfw your lgs doesn't have a huge stock of singles and doesn't get much business
>tfw you feel bad for him so you buy packs
>>
File: 98.jpg (74 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
98.jpg
74 KB, 312x445
Alright fuckers, my friend needs help

He bought a Urabrask and wants to build a deck with him. I owe him $10 for pizza, so he decided to let me pay him back in cards that would help with his deck. I already suggested Lovisa Coldeyes and Boldwyr Intimidator and he likes both, so I figured I'd just make it Warrior tribal with Urabrask at the head.

Lovisa and Intimidator leaves me with about $9 to work with. What other good shit could go into this deck?
>>
>>47388230
Zo-Zu the Punisher
Ankh of Mishra
Spellshock
Citadel of Pain
Price of Glory
War's Toll
>>
>>47388230
Ogre Battledriver is an In The Web of War on a stick and it costs a lot less
>>
>>47368676
>I cannot build deck therefore i destroy the entire game with random bullshit maybe i win
I hate RNG cultists
>>
>>47388913
They're slightly better than grouphug players and/or kingmakers. Thankfully I can just lottery through possibility storm with cheap spells and running a shitload of removal.
>>
>>47388230
Hamletback would be fun
>>
>>47389647
I built a grouphug deck once just to see what it would be like

It was terrible, that's an awful way to play
>>
File: 100.jpg (105 KB, 739x742) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
105 KB, 739x742
>>47385956
>>47385979
>>47386005
>>47386187
>>47386514
>>
>>47388199
can't you just order cards online nice digits
>>
File: 1335133006541.jpg (8 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1335133006541.jpg
8 KB, 320x272
>playing Godo
>considered easy pickings by my group because the deck is so light on creatures
>my turn, draw into Tormenting Voice, pitch only card in hand (Mountain)
>draw a land
>and motherfucking Chandra's Ignition
>while Ignition is on the stack, activate Brass Squire to get Basilisk Collar on Godo
>everyone has a fuckload of creatures out
>ended up gaining like 60 life and killing everyone's shit

That felt so fucking good. I immediately turned into the archenemy and I loved it
>>
File: 200.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
200.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
Who is the best artist in Magic and why is it Phil Foglio?
>>
File: Goblin Soothsayer.full.jpg (173 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Soothsayer.full.jpg
173 KB, 480x680
>>47390876
I just wish Bliss got to do more pieces for Magic, but his habit of drawing dicks really screwed himself over
>>
>>47386162
That card is not pauper legal.
>>
>>47391015
Pauper EDH uses any uncommon creature for a Commander. Read up before making yourself look even more ignorant.
>>
File: ML_1.jpg (94 KB, 624x467) Image search: [Google]
ML_1.jpg
94 KB, 624x467
>>47390876

Toss up between Rebecca Guay and Terese Nielsen.

Fight me.
>>
File: sneak-attack.jpg (70 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
sneak-attack.jpg
70 KB, 480x680
>tfw this costs $50
Fuck
>>
>>47391421
legacy staple that is on the reserved list
>>
>>47391467
>legacy staple
>reserved list
Well that explains everything
>>
>>47391467
>>47391499
Sneak Attack is not on the reserved list you dingus. Most likely will be reprinted in Eternal Masters.
>>
>>47391567
well I am dumb

I thought it was due to the fact that the academy/cradle were on the reserved list and were the same block and rarity.
>>
>>47381304
I don't want to build 5-color, that's the thing
>>
are more people playing augustin for some reason?
>>
File: Commanders.png (2 MB, 1342x1146) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
2 MB, 1342x1146
Rate my playgroup /tg/. We play over cockatrice to save money, each only having 2-3 decks in paper.
>>
>>47391946
one person has 2 decks with the skeleton ship?
>>
File: Behold.jpg (63 KB, 400x330) Image search: [Google]
Behold.jpg
63 KB, 400x330
>>47391946

Your Johnny/Timmy has different decks, but we are alike in spirit.

>Ashling with 23 counters on her and 6 untapped mana.
>Do something to displease me, I dare you!
>Bearer of the Heavens, sac with high market
>Oops, there's a Soul of New Phyrexia in my graveyard
>Cackle in a wizard voice
>>
File: 1462632448802.jpg (360 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1462632448802.jpg
360 KB, 710x508
>trying to focus on constructing a single deck
>end up wanting to make two other decks
>catch myself buying cards for the other two decks rather than the original one I had planned on making

Fuck me I need help.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.