[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 1453949061220.gif (1 MB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
1453949061220.gif
1 MB, 640x357
TPK edition

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck (embed) (embed) (embed)

>/tg/ Character Sheet
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

>New-ish official PDF
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/plane-shift-zendikar-2016-04-27

>Last Dungeon. >>47330270

What's your next character gonna be, /tg/?
>>
>>47343151
I'm working on a paladin warlock that worships the concept of justice and would unwittingly be allowing himself to be steered by a GOO that appears to him as a sun.
>>
Where can I find some premade character sheets?
>>
>>47343151
Death Cleric who spies for the church, with a focus on buffs/debuffs. Can sneak around to follow the party wherever (or discreetly give magical assistance) and might throw in some silly undead shenanigans for kicks.
>>
>>47343269
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets
>>
File: tcg-series4-158-large.jpg (233 KB, 704x555) Image search: [Google]
tcg-series4-158-large.jpg
233 KB, 704x555
What's the point of going Chain Warlock? If you want a familiar as a Warlock, you can just go Tome and get the invocation to have 2 free 1st level spells, one of which can be find familiar. Bam, you have the versatility of the Tome lock and the utility you get from a Chain lock's familiar. It's not like the invocations for Chain lock are that good unless you need a little messenger to relay info from one far-off area to the next, which is an incredibly specific situation.

What's the point?
>>
File: kookooforkenkustuff.jpg (7 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
kookooforkenkustuff.jpg
7 KB, 180x280
>>47343151
I'm about to start a 2nd level Kenku Klerik in the Trickery domain, hopefully to do a fuckload of dickass thievery with the rest of the party.

When I hear about Trickery Domain it's usually kind of negative, but I'm looking forward to playing it.

Level 2 I get an illusory clone to deliver Inflict Wounds
Level 6 I can cast Invisibility at will once per short rest

>tfw use Disguise Self to take on the appearance of a wealthy human or some shit
>walk into a LG god's temple, seemingly going to make a generous donation
>as i approach the coffers, I dispel Disguise Self to reveal my beaky face and feathers
>grab the dosh n go

I'm really looking forward to it, in fact
>>
File: 1458246124289.jpg (210 KB, 1600x1295) Image search: [Google]
1458246124289.jpg
210 KB, 1600x1295
Starting an Underdark campaign, I'm playing a variant human paladin.

How fucked am I without darkvision?
>>
>>47343319
chainlock familiars are better than regular familiars and can attack

imp can go invisible and scout, etc.
>>
It's only been my second time as DM and I just ran a sort of buddycop session for some friends who rolled Warlock and Paladin with no real prep which stole a few plotpoints from Hackdirt and True detective and they really enjoyed it.

When will Dming get difficult and should I be prepared for anything?
>>
File: 1453718501094.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453718501094.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
>>47343151
Don't be that bard.
>>
>>47343348
Why dispel it before running? If you keep the disguise, they'll be looking at the wrong suspects entirely
>>
>>47343151
>What's your next character gonna be?
Revenant Human Immortal Mystic. 16, 8, 16, 16, 8, 8. Being dead has slown down his body and his mind quite a bit, but damned if he's not durable. Nobody's running any games right now, though, so I'll have to wait to tailor his background to whatever campaign I actually get a chance to play him in.
>>
>>47343417
You've clearly never played a trickster before. It's no fun if you don't let them know how you tricked them before you make your escape.
>>
Fuck guys, I can't decide between Life or Knowledge Cleric as a starting level for an armored Wizard. Heavy Armor and boosted healing vs two Expertise skills and using only Medium Armor...
>>
Would anyone be willing to share some borders for tokens in roll20? I'm about to start up a campaign and need to whip up a few.
>>
>>47343151
>What's your next character gonna be, /tg/?
Either a nerd-ass arcana cleric of Mystara, researching the lasting effects of the Spellplague on natural sources of magic in Princes of the Apocalypse, or

a halfling barbarian with a foul mouth and a tendency toward cannibalism in a Dark Sun 5e campaign.
>>
>>47343151

I want to be a skeleton paladin. Like his bones were accidentally resurrected from a forgotten tomb somewhere and he had some holy word carved into his forehead so he figured he must have been a great righteous man in a past life, and definitely not a monstrously evil guy that they needed to hallow with weird rituals after he died to prevent his soul from continuing to corrupt the world.
>>
>>47343151

Probably DM, since I'm the only one in the group that can competantly run games.

If I do ever get to play again, a bard. I have a natural knack for coming up with stupid puns and rhymes on the spot, and also because bards look fun as hell in 5e.
>>
Dragonborn paladin warlock using a dragon themed oath and a dragon patron

will be going chainlock for a pseudodragon familiar.

flavor aside warlock pally work out pretty well, you only need 3 levels /4 for another ASI and you get cantrips, spell slots that can be used to smite that regen on a short rest, invocations, and a pact boon
>>
>>47343417
Definitely >>47343442
If I don't get the satisfaction of seeing their reactions, I might as well have been picking flowers or some shit.
>>
GOO Warlock in Eberron. His patron is Kyrzin, the Daelkyr Lord of Oozes. He was born a gnome but his patron made him into an intelligent ooze that inhabits the body of a warforged.
>>
>>47343151
My latest build is a haughty Lawful Evil human FS Sorcerer who dips Paladin 2 and plays as a gish. She genuinely believes she is a fallen angel from Mount Celestia that has been struck down to the mortal plane by a pit fiend and has thus become a devil herself. She claims that being made into a mortal has made her lose her angelic memories, and that she must reclaim her past-life glory to reclaim her memories. Although any magical test will show that she is clearly human, any attempt to tell her this will fail, and she'll just get mad that her divinity/fiendish nature is being ignored.

When the campaign starts, I'll have her go around the realm making deals like a devil with people (all while strictly adhering to any contract she makes up). Her ultimate goal is to find a way to ("re")ascend to divine angelhood.

I wonder how long it'll take for the party to oust me?
>>
File: Brobarian.jpg (614 KB, 1000x773) Image search: [Google]
Brobarian.jpg
614 KB, 1000x773
>>47343151
Either Goliath or Half-Orc barbarian.
I was toying with the idea of playing an evil character bound to another in the party by way of an artifact. The barbarian would hate this person with all their being, but due to this artifact they are slaves to their will, within reason.

As long as the other person is explicit with their commands, shouldn't be much problem.
>>
>be me, 13th level Wizard in a modern setting
>have a lot of shaved ice and powerful gems to spare
>too antisocial to find a consistent playgroup for a d&d game
>use Simulacrum to make a clone of myself with shaved ice
>Ice Clone uses Simulacrum to create Ice Clone number 2
>Ice Clone number 2 creates a third Ice Clone
>Ice Clone number 3 creates a fourth Ice Clone
>tfw when my wizard in a modern setting plays a 5e campaign with four clones of himself
>>
>>47343493
As a Wizard, you want Dexterity for Initiative anyway, so you might as well go with medium armor and avoid those Strength requirements.
>>
>>47343895
I was just going to go with low as fuck Strength and eat the movement penalty. That's all being below the required Strength does. If I need to move around fast I got spells and shit for that.
>>
>>47343151
Have a few planned
>Desert nomad mercenary, fights dirty
>Halfling royal hitman, all business
>Halfling panther rider, lives on the edge
>Warforged wrestle-bot with his own theme song
>Dwarf fugitive, dabbles in magic
>"Now you see me" style bank robber
>Fisherman from a small village, hears whispers

And many more
>>
>>47343151

Can't decide between Arcane Trickster or Moon Druid. Probably learning towards Moon Driud though.
>>
>>47343151
Gonna play a Mind Flayer Wizard who is pretending to be a High Elf with the help of a few spells. He's not a bad dude, as all he wants to do is follow the other player's characters and study the concept of "freedom," which he has never understood before.

But he has some difficulties, such as having to lie about why he's growing moss in a portable hole which he uses as a food supply and the fact that he is absolutely terrible at telling lies I literally rolled a 3 when rolling his stats, so now I have a Mind Flayer with a Charisma of 3.
>>
>>47343351
>huehuehuehuehue
>>
>>47343955

that sounds like an incredibly easy way to get yourself killed. why not just use mage armor? with a high enough dex it's like having full plate anyways.

that's assuming by "armored wizard" you meant a wizard who actually wears armor. why not go fighter 2 for action surge? starting fighter gets you shield proficiency too. if you went variant human you could wear light/medium armor (depending on how high your Dex Mod is) with a shield and have around 17 AC. Action surge is cool because it lets you cast two spells in a round.
>>
>>47343151
Battlemaster Fighter level 12

He's a variant human with Tavern Brawler and Resilience (Dexterity), and a spread of maneuvers. His chief gimmick is running up to enemies, using trip attack with his fist and grappling then disarming with his weapon attack and not forgetting the basics of CQC.
>>
>>47343391
Jesters in DD look really badass.
>>
>>47344099
>tfw I've played this exact character
>but also with Shield Master

>stab a guy and trip him, stab him a few more times, grapple
>drag him to his friend
>punch him in the face repeatedly with a shield, then knock his friend over
>punch them both in the face with shields
>ditch shield and grapple second enemy
>drag them to the nearest hazard (cliff, fire, spikey thing)
>shove
>>
>>47344068
So I'm Brazilian now.
>>
>>47343151
Does anyone have any links to resources that could help me convert all of the various special materials that magic items could be made from in 3rd Edition up to the new rule set?
>>
>>47343151
Fighter 2 Warlock X that is a mercenary for hire, willing to cheat, lie and fight very dirty. Yet, he has dreams of retiring to a simple farm life somewhere in the countryside, if he can get out of his contact with a servant to Dispater, the Iron Duke (Archdevil).

Fiend bladelock may be a shittier fighter, but I love that flavor.
>>
>>47343319
Imps and quasits are not available as familiars 2 non-chain warlocks. They can both turn invisible, shape-shift, and poison their targets. They can act on their own initiative and do not require their masters actions to do so.
>>
>>47343421
>just assuming that UA shit is allowed

nah cunt nah
>>
I'm trying to read up on what poison does, exactly, but I can't seem to find any info on the PHB or DMG. Like I know types of poisons players can buy or find but if a player was poisoned by say a venomous snake or a poison dart trap, what effects do they suffer?
>>
>>47344923
The Poisoned condition (disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks).

Poison is now just a condition and a damage type. It no longer does a bunch of goofy stat damage that all has to be kept track of separately because snakes and scorpions and giant bees and centipedes and black lotuses all work differently for some reason. Now it's just, "if you're poisoned, you feel bad."
>>
>>47344923
Look in the monster manual under specific entries of creatures that are poisonous. The poison is usually attached to their bike attack or Sting Attack, if they have one. I, for one, have been milking the venom out of my warlocks imp familiar and selling it to the thief for 3 silver per dose.
>>
>>47344966
Cool, thanks!
>>
>>47343385
try to prepare for everything. If they aren't critical then it should never get difficult
>>
>>47344985
>and what does your warlock do with his downtime anon
>i spend the next 8 hours milking my imp
>>
>>47344076
Yeah I was planning to use a Shield regardless. I think I prefer Cleric because it keeps my spell slots advancing as normal and a lot of versatility in my choices for spells prepared. Though I would also get Defense Fighting Style. So many choices...
>>
So I've been going to a D&D encounters thing for a few sessions now at my FLGS. There's only one table usually cause it's a small store. There's a semi-qt grill there who I was talking to, we exchanged numbers, I asked her out, she said no.

So basically I'm wondering on a good way for me to get her character killed. Anyone got any ideas for how to make a character "accidentally" die through subtle shitty tactical choices? She's playing an elf druid, I don't know too much about her character beside that, other than she is 3rd level and I am still 2nd but almost 3rd. My character is a human fighter with like 16 Dex and shortsword.

Anyone got any advice?

TLDR how to subtly betray a party member into dying.
>>
>>47345086
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
File: 1462895177000.jpg (53 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
1462895177000.jpg
53 KB, 500x255
>>47345086

>girl said no when I asked her out so now I'm going to try to ruin her tabletop gaming experience

Don't be a prick.
>>
>>47345086
Next level faggotry.
>>
>>47345086
>Anyone got any advice?
Stick your dick into a blender on the highest setting.
>>
>>47345129

I'm not going to ruin her gaming experience, I"m just going to try to kill her character. My character and hers have different alignments anyway so it makes sense.

>>47345250

No I don't think I'll do that. Calm down white knight.
>>
File: 1416855320838.jpg (32 KB, 445x389) Image search: [Google]
1416855320838.jpg
32 KB, 445x389
>>47345266

>I'm not going to ruin her gaming experience, I"m just going to try to kill her character.
>>
>>47345190

So I should wait til I'm level 3 then?

>>47345309

Dude I don't see what your problem is. Plenty of people do this kind of shit for less reason. She gave me her number but didn't want to go out. I don't really need her. Plus now I have to act like her friend or she'll get hella pissy.

I've had girlfriends before and they didn't act like this, they said yes and went out with me. I don't see what this chick's problem is. She even said she thought I was attractive.

She's not obligated to date me. I'm not obligated to not kill her character. It goes both ways.
>>
File: Seriously nigga.jpg (45 KB, 349x300) Image search: [Google]
Seriously nigga.jpg
45 KB, 349x300
>>47345086
Your fedora is showing
>>
>>47345086
Grab her character sheet and rip it up before hooting like an idiot and running out of the store with your pants around your ankles.
>>
>>47345336

This is the funniest edgelord shit I've read in a long time.

Keep going, please.
>>
>>47345336
Sorry anon, but crippling autism is no excuse
>>
>>47345336
>She's not obligated to date me.
Correct.
>I'm not obligated to not kill her character.
As a matter of fact, this is one of the cardinal rules of gaming at most tables, the NO GODDAMN PVP rule. In which case, you ARE in fact obligated to not do this.
>>
>>47345355

See, that would be stupid. I want to get revenge in a way that's subtle and she can't get me back for it or call me out. Something that can easily be put down to a mistake. Maybe a pretty dumb mistake. But I can work up to that by slowly making smaller mistakes so it doesn't look out of place.

>>47345343

I don't wear a fedora dumbass. I wouldn't ask out a girl if I did.
>>
File: 1459395233452.gif (3 MB, 173x267) Image search: [Google]
1459395233452.gif
3 MB, 173x267
>>47345086
Pls kill you're self
>>
>>47345402
You could put all this effort you're wasting on getting back at a girl who rejected you by asking out a different girl, or maybe two other girls. Maybe three if neither of those go right.
>>
>>47345388

Actually no, because I'm going to do it by accident. And I don't really care if it's morally the right or wrong thing to do, I'm just roleplaying my character.

>>47345430

I ask out plenty of girls. I also like to screw over the ones that say no. Quite a few say no, some say yes, it's the nature of my life.

You are getting massively assblasted defending this woman. How's your relationship with your mother? Sister?
>>
>>47345402
>I want to get revenge in way that's subtle
Nigga if this is what you really want then you need to go bigger. You can't fuck with the D&D game, that's too small. You've got to bide your time until she gets involved with someone else. Then you cuck her.
If that means you have to turn another man gay for you that's what you have to do.
>>
File: Jameson-Laughing-Meme-04-1.png (105 KB, 283x283) Image search: [Google]
Jameson-Laughing-Meme-04-1.png
105 KB, 283x283
>>47345402
>>
>>47345469
>How's your relationship with your mother?
Great, but how is yours? I think she'd be pretty disappointed in this kind of behavior.
>>
>>47345500
I second this, wait for her to find a guy that makes her happy and then make sure she finds you one day with his cock in your mouth

Perfect revenge
>>
>>47345500

Nah, that's too much. See it has to be petty and pathetic. That's what I really enjoy.

>>47345513

Actually my mom probably wouldn't care, we did all kinds of shit to our dick-head PTA-blowhard neighbors when they were fags to us.

But that's irrelevant. Enough of your autistic white knighting, either help me come up with good ways to sneakily kill off her character, or fuck off.

The adventure is Curse of Strahd, by the way. Should I buy the book? I hate to spoil parts of the adventure but it would let me look ahead to find places I could potentially get her character killed.
>>
>>47345336
>So I should wait til I'm level 3 then?
Holy shit
>>
File: latest.jpg (38 KB, 400x366) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
38 KB, 400x366
>>47345469
>I ask out plenty of girls. I also like to screw over the ones that say no. Quite a few say no, some say yes, it's the nature of my life.

>nothin personnel girls
>>
>>47345554
>either help me come up with good ways to sneakily kill off her character, or fuck off.

It doesn't matter that there's a woman involved. We shit on anybody who's actively trying to be a twat to their group, whether its direct pvp or otherwise.
>>
>>47345554
>Enough of your autistic white knighting
>Calling other people autistic

Anon... I don't know how to tell you this...

You might want to sit down
>>
Is true neutral the worst alignment to have? I have a character that I'm planning on being a mercenary for hire, so I wouldn't characterize him as overtly good or evil, but I wouldn't choose lawful (since mercenary work sometimes operates outside the law) nor chaotic (since he still honors contracts and is bound to them).
>>
>>47345554
>>47345469
>ask girl out
>she says no
>how could she say no? I'm ME. I'm amazing.
>she must be wrong.
>I'll show her how wrong she is for not saying yes.

This is comically sad. And this happens often?
>>
>>47343151
Probably a druid. Never played one before and at this point I think I have dabbled is every other class except it and bard 5e wise. Probably go moon druid since it seems like the more fun of the two options.
>>
>>47345611
read what the lawful alignment actually means
>>
>>47345598

> It doesn't matter that there's a woman involved.

Yeah keep telling yourself that.

And why does it hurt you? I'm going to do it anyway, I was just asking for ideas.

>>47345627

Dude she's not wrong for saying no. There is literally nothing wrong with what she did. Except giving me her number and flirting with me and saying I was hot, that shit was annoying if she didn't intend to act on it.

Either way, I'm going to get her character killed. I am considering loaded dice as a gift to her but that might be suspicious. Also I would need dice that weren't obviously loaded; i.e. roll the same fucking number every time, or dramatically roll differently. Just something subtle to reduce her average rolls by like 4 or 5.

Should I switch characters then try to fuck up AoE spells? She gets into melee fairly often despite being a druid.
>>
I'm going to DM for the first time in over a decade for a change!

And already one of my players wants to play an Illithid. In a game with two other players, both newbies.
>>
File: MadThad_milk.jpg (20 KB, 471x348) Image search: [Google]
MadThad_milk.jpg
20 KB, 471x348
So wait, why are we replying to a very obvious bait post?
>>
>>47345611
eh. nothing wrong with TN. But I'd argue that that character's still lawful if he takes his contracts very seriously (if he's a little more devil-may-care about getting the job done then maybe not)
Just because you're breaking the law of the land doesn't mean you're not adhering to strict rules.

(Preemptive comment before an alignment debate: I draw the line on lawful at self-created codes. My take is that your "law" needs to come from outside of yourself)
>>
>>47345688
>And already one of my players wants to play an Illithid.

Good to see you inherited a garbage 3aboo. Tell him to fuck off. I am so sick of players wanting to play random freakazoid races. Even D&D 5e core races ... isn't there a fucking tiefling? That's a DEMON, people. HELLO. That would NOT be welcome in a town. Except in D&D we are all accepting and open-minded now so how DARE we oppose that poor tiefling, we might trigger it's poor little fee fees, because it migth not be neutral evil devilspawn.

God I hate what D&D has become....
>>
>>47345672
Nobody gives a crap about the walking cockwallet

The fact that she affected you so much with a refusal that you're actually considering something this petty is what makes everyone agree you're one pathetic autist

Thanks for the laughs though
>>
>>47345702
It's either that or argue about alignment for the 50000th time this week.
>>
File: 1378212603221.png (236 KB, 631x475) Image search: [Google]
1378212603221.png
236 KB, 631x475
>>47345086
See if you can drop something on her since you're a fighter, like if she's standing under a chandelier cut the chain to "try to kill the mooks around her". You might need to ask your party wizard to do it because it'll only do 1d4 damage since you're a martial.
>>
>>47345688
No.

>>47345611
A Lawful character follows a code of conduct or personal honor. Many Lawful characters follow the laws of the land they're in, but just because you are a Lawful Monk from a country that practices slavery does not mean you have to be cool with slavery, too, or practice it yourself (following the law of the land is a concern that only certain sorts of lawful PCs need to have, and it's not like unlawful characters break the law all the time because "that's just chaotic, it's what I have to do"--they should be as interested in Not Being Jailed as everyone else).

A mercenary who holds to his contracts without fail is Lawful.

>>47345702
Because my extension has him flagged as a Trumpchump and any chance for him to reveal even more of his faggotry is delicious.
>>
>>47345688
just say no and set a standard for the start of the game? Their characters should be based around where things are starting, both level and RP wise.

Otherwise you get an elf princess, an orc barbarian, and an illithid meeting in a tavern in the plane of fire.

actually sounds kinda neat in retrospect, but it would be a bit much for new players
>>
>>47345688
Just tell him no, because it doesn't fit the setting, would be disruptive to the other players, and would require roping in homebrew when you're all new to the system.
>>
>>47345751
>alignment arguments
We haven't done that in earnest for like three weeks. Now it's bad grappling bait and caster-martial bitching.

I'd love to talk about alignment, though. Let me tell you about objective morality settings and why they're far superior to that other shit you guys get up to,
>>
>>47345727
Calm down gramps. I mean you can find drow stats in the phb (and dragonborn, and tiefling) but if you actually fucking read the fluff around the stats it's pretty clear about what things are and their place in the world.
You can run your games in a xenophobic dwarf utopia if you want. Nobody gives a shit. Just calm down and explain what you want from your game. Half the time the nigger just wants a particular set of stat bonuses and doesn't really care if he's a scaly monstrosity.
>>
>>47345086
You impale yourself with your weapon and leave the game. You're obviously 12 years old to get so butt hurt over being rejected that you would want to kill off her character.

But knowing your type I will give you a straight answer as well that technically answersyour dumb question. You cant beat her. She has a level up on you and assuming she is smarter than you she probably has a solid character which means she can easily exploit the weaknesses of a fighter (especially a dex fighter) with her spells and her transformations.
>>
>>47345743

> don't care about woman
> uses a reddit tier insult on her

Your desperation to insist you don't care about the woman is truly touching. But you do.

She didn't really affect me that much, I just enjoy mischief. Back in 3.5 i played a secretly evil cleric who took command of undead and turned them on the rest of the party. Two player characters died.

Are there any really tough encounters in Curse of Strahd where I could get her killed? By like saying "you should go here and attack this" but it turns out to be overpowering and kills her off. One of my friends said there's a real tough battle with vampire spawn that can wipe you out if you aren't careful.
>>
How awful would it be to buff the combat superiority feat? For example, giving two superiority dice and having them upgrade in size at the same rate as the normal BM dice? BM could still take it for a sweet boost, other classes could take it for interesting martial/gish shenanigans.
>>
>>47345757

Good idea but I don't want to get any other players involved at this point. Plus that counts on her not making her death saves so it'd have to be her being surrounded by monsters that can coup de grace her (if 5e has that, I honestly don't know)
>>
So I've been going to a D&D encounters thing for a few sessions now at my FLGS. There's only one table usually cause it's a small store. There's a neckbeard guy there who I was talking to, we exchanged numbers, he asked me out, I said no.

So basically I'm wondering on a good way for me to get his character killed. Anyone got any ideas for how to make a character "accidentally" die through subtle shitty tactical choices? He's playing a human fighter, I don't know too much about his character beside that, other than he is 2nd level but almost 3rd, and I am 3rd level. My character is a elf druid with like 16 Wis and quarterstaff.

Anyone got any advice?

>>
>>47345823

Actually our store requires 16+ for D&D encounters because kid players are fucking retarded. And I am 25 myself so that is more than double what you guessed. Nice try though!

And, I should level up soon, before she gets to 4th. I'm closer to 3rd than she is to 4th, basically. So it's a matter of waiting. Also maybe I could find a way to get her to miss a couple of sessions so I could catch up more on XP?

Also I wouldn't be fighting her directly, that'd be too obvious. I want to get her into a situation where she can be killed. I think she still trusts me because she thinks I'm decent at combat tactics (I'm not, I'm just not a fucking retard at it like most of the rest of the group).
>>
>>47345867
watch out for chandeliers
>>
>>47345867
The fighter should be at the front. Just be sure to never use any good offensive spells and never heal or buff him. In the early stages, especially in Curse of Strahd, he might die simply from you not helping him.

You can even use Thorn Whip to pull enemies toward him if they're attacking from range. Just stat behind him and move away when appropriate.
>>
>>47345867

Well that's a good point. I mean I could switch characters, but then I'd be level 1 and I'd have to really catch up XP-wise. That's why I'm hoping I can trick her into dying. Unless there's a 1st class I can "accidentally" kill people with easily at 1st level. Or a point in the adventure where I could do tactics that sound good but are actually bad to get her killed.
>>
>>47345828
>didn't really affect me that much
Well that clearly isn't true.

>enjoy mischief
>edgy cleric
>killed party
Oh you're That Guy, I hope your DM bans you.
>>
>>47345850
>so it'd have to be her being surrounded by monsters that can coup de grace her (if 5e has that, I honestly don't know)
Pretty close, being struck while unconscious is an auto-crit, and being critically hit while making death saves counts as two failed saves, so it doesn't take much. Your DM may not have all the monsters wail on her though.
>>
>>47345962
>Oh you're That Guy, I hope your DM bans you.
If he's responsible for killing another player's character, that's likely. Adventurers League has a pretty strong zero-tolerance policy for harassment and inter-party fighting, though its implementation depends on the locale.
>>
>>47345867
Just AoE him.

I mean, don't do that, that's shitty, but that's the easy way to do it.
>>
>>47345727
This, why are world buildings so shit now? I miss the golden age.
>>
>>47345962

Actually as long as I am careful he won't be able to. He also plays the campaign pretty straight to the book, so I won't have to worry about GM fiat too much. He's also maried so I doubt he'd white knight her, he hasn't before.

Also: just because you don't like what I'm doing, doesn't change anything. Stop acting like you are somehow hindering me by not giving me ideas. You might as well go along with it or I'll just ask the question somewhere else under different circumstances and get more help. I figured /tg/ would be sympathetic but clearly you are a bunch of white knight babies who can't stand the idea that a woman might not have a perfect hugbox experience in D&D. Christ.
>>
I'm about to start playing an Inquisitive Rogue that's basically Sherlock Holmes. We're running Curse of Strahd and starting at 3rd level to skip Death House.
>>
So I've been going to a D&D encounters thing for a few sessions now at my FLGS. There's only one table usually cause it's a small store. There's a semi-qt hedgehog there who I was talking to, we exchanged numbers, I asked her out, she said no.

So basically I'm wondering on a good way for me to get her character killed. Anyone got any ideas for how to make a character "accidentally" die through subtle shitty tactical choices? She's playing a fox tails, I don't know too much about her character beside that, other than she is 3rd level and I am still 2nd but almost 3rd. My character is a hedgehog shadow with like 16 Dex and a handgun.

Anyone got any advice?

>>
>>47345987
If it were a guy you were trying to fuck over for equally petty reasons, people would still be on your case. Stop hiding behind your target being a woman and using the concept of white knighting as a shield against criticism. You are That Guy, learn to live with it or grow up.
>>
>>47345980

Dude you are FUCKING RETARDED, okay? OBVIOUSLY I am not going to attack her directly, I need a SUBTLE way to get her character killed.

Otherwise I'd just wait til I leveled up and figure out a good way to ambush her alone (possibly with rape as well), but obviously I can't do that because then she'll know it was me and I'll look like the bad guy.

Jesus you guys are retarded. I am trying to get her character killed. My hands remain CLEAN, okay?
>>
>>47345987
Pretty sure we pointed out before, you're the only one here that cares about her gender (you know, because you're really butthurt), the issue is here we don't like people being That Guy under any circumstances.

tl;dr You're a cunt no matter who you try to PvP
>>
>players consistently ask for completely outlandish things
>tell them no and explain why
>"oh yeah how about i ROLL for it? look! i rolled a 20 now something has to happen! don't be a bad dm!"

How do I discourage this kind of behavior? Talking to them doesn't help.
>>
File: alistair.jpg (47 KB, 785x606) Image search: [Google]
alistair.jpg
47 KB, 785x606
>>47343151
Already made him up for a one-shot my friend is gonna be running for my birthday. A goliath fighter who was raised by human nobles. He's technically a knight but doesn't have any holdings of his own, and he's going off to the evil demiplanar metropolis that sprang up in between all the kingdoms to figure some shit out for his family, to try and gain some decent standing amongst his adopted siblings.

portrait is the result of 9000000000000 hours in ms paint
>>
>>47345991
Shoot yourself in the head and then start screaming in autistic rage and pissing everywhere until she leaves.
>>
>>47346034
A player rolls when a DM asks or allows them to. A roll outside of that means nothing, so the roll means nothing.
>>
>>47346021

You are hiding behind the label "that guy" just as much. I am not obligated to make good tactical decisions. It's her own fault for trusting me.

>>47346034

Grow a pair and start not allowing it and point out nothing in the books says you have to. I did it with my group and it went fine.

Though its nice to give a bone for nat20s once in a while, as long as it isn't too ridiculous.
>>
>>47346034
Ignore the roll and move on. Don't give bad behavior any more attention than it deserves, like how this thread is doing with Fedoranon.
>>
>>47345672
Not that anon, but a coupla things:
>Yeah keep telling yourself that.
I can prove, via citing your own posts, that you are a twat:

>>47345469
>I’m going to intentionally do something on accident for OOC reasons
>”I'm just roleplaying my character”
>It’s what my character would do
Literally worse than Hitler.
Gender or guilt of the intended victim is irrelevant, you are the worst kind of twat.

>There is literally nothing wrong with what she did. Except giving me her number and flirting with me and saying I was hot, that shit was annoying if she didn't intend to act on it.
See, this fictional girl of yours saw you, thought you were hot, gave you her number, flirted, and then made the mistake of talking to you more.
She realized what an entirely creepy, petty, pathetic loser you were and noped the fuck out of there.
She *did* intend to act on it but then learned better.
She sounds smart, I hope she meets a good guy and finds a group without a douche with plankton-level revenge fantasies.

And by conclusively proving you are a twat and an idiot for not knowing how sickeningly pathetic you are, I think I’ve exhausted this well of anything interesting.
If you could kindly burn your computer and all your /tg/ related material, and proceed to ruining some other hobby with your presence, I’d appreciate it.
>>
>>47346025
I don't think he knows That Guy trolling really doesn't work all that well on this board
>>
>come to /tg/ to talk about arcane magic and read about which one is better

>find nothing of the sort, /tg/ has anime girls, /tg/ is 50% quests, even though there is a quest board, /tg/ is 10% girl discussion, /tg/ is 0% board discussion

Why even come here? I have more chances on /v/
>>
>>47346070
>come to /tg/ to talk about arcane magic and read about which one is better
Ask your question or story and let's talk, anon.
>>
>>47346064
Stop giving him attention fuckwit
>>
>>47346066

Me or him? I'm just trying to get some advice here. But everyone is a moralfag who thinks killing someone's D&D character is a big deal. You remind me of that woman who posted on RPGnet a few years back that her husband masturbated and moaned his wizard's name at orgasm. You guys probably do that shit seeing how seriously you take D&D characters. They don't even matter. It's not like I'm stealing from her or raping her. Calm the fuck down.

>>47346070

dude this board is not even close to 50% quests I don't know what the hell you are on about.
>>
>>47346060
I know that. I don't actually let them get away with their retarded shit.

>>47346061
>Grow a pair and start not allowing it and point out nothing in the books says you have to.

The problem is they keep doing it. Week after week it's the same bullshit.

>>47346062
Didn't work.
>>
File: military anti rape training.jpg (13 KB, 640x804) Image search: [Google]
military anti rape training.jpg
13 KB, 640x804
>>47346025
>(possibly with rape as well)
Keep going. We've almost reached Peak Autist Bait.
>>
What's the worst player(s) you've had to deal with in DnD? I just dodged a bullet where I talked to an old friend from high school who wanted to play DnD. He said his last character was a retarded barbarian with a conjoined fetal twin attached to his face. He said his other friend who wanted to play was annoying to play with because he would try to rape any female characters the DM introduced.
>>
>>47346034
This. How do I stop that one guy trying to steal everything and then sell if for pocket money? Or is that an okay behavior?
>>
>>47346104
Oh my sweet lord its Virt.
>>
>>47346119
At worst just edgy Drizzt characters (Dual scimitars, drow, Rogue, attempted to rule lawyer at every opportunity)
>>
>>47346116
It did work, because nothing happened. If they continue to bitch about it then they don't get to play.
>>
>>47346104
Real talk for a second. Why're there still quests on /tg/ when /qst/ exists now? Shouldn't they all have moved over? Is there a compelling reason not to go?
>>
>>47346116
>The problem is they keep doing it. Week after week it's the same bullshit.

Then just don't allow it. You're the GM. if they get pissed and flake out on your campaign, then that happens. But stand your ground. Your fun matters too.
>>
>>47346116
Explain that natural criticals only trigger on attack rolls, their nat 20 to find that thing wasn't successful because it was DC40 because their request was retarded
>>
>>47346141
They complain that they don't get enough traffic on /qst/ so they stick around here.
>>
>>47346064

No faggot she said I was cute AFTER she gave hme her number, over texting. I said "yeah you're pretty hot as well" and she said thanks then I asked her out and she said no.

Dude there is no way I am worse than Hitler.

The huge amount of butthurt in your post is truly hilariosu though. And no she did not learn I was a pathetic loser, she probably just found a hotter guy than me to suck dick. She's a pathetic whore and i'd like to kill her D&D character and I will find a way to do it whether you give me advice or not.

>>47346117

Wow dude it was a joke, calm down.

>>47346141

I dunno. It's still a test board.
>>
>>47346141
It's only a trial board and questfags get salty when you tell them to leave (usually something along the lines of "quests are only 10% of the boards threads"). They want the traffic from /tg/. There is no rule saying quests aren't allowed on /tg/ yet, and the mods actively delete posts telling questfags to move to their own board.
>>
>>47346097
>Stop giving him attention fuckwit
1. I was bored and it took me a minute to type that out
2. I am stopped, making your post, and this one, stupid.
See
>>47346064
>I think I’ve exhausted this well of anything interesting.

Who’s the fuckwit now, huh?
Everyone involved
>>
>>47346129
shit.
>>
File: 1461824441090.jpg (214 KB, 821x1097) Image search: [Google]
1461824441090.jpg
214 KB, 821x1097
How accepted are Half-Elves? I'm writing my characters story right now for tomorrow's Eberron session and I don't know how believable it is.

Character was born to the King's (human) brother and an elf mother. He is expected to take his father's place as general of the king's military, but has instead chosen to adventure.
>>
>>47346176
>They want the traffic from /tg/
>threads still getting to 300+ replies in 1-2 days on /qst/
What a buncha babies.
>>
>>47346116
If they keep asking for dumb stuff, then say "are you really sure" and allow it, with all of the horrible (but completely fair) consequences
PC wants to pick-pocket everyone in sight, as soon as he fails a Sleight of Hand check the town guard catches him, discovers all of his stolen goods, and chops off a hand for stealing
PC wants to use some retarded scheme or combination of magic and skills to bypass a trap or puzzle? it doesn't work and they fall 50 feet
PC wants to rape random woman he meets in town? she calls for help and the town guard kill him on the spot
>>
>>47346213
Two of the Dragonmarked Houses are half-elf houses, so they're probably well-accepted.
>>
>>47346121
Merchants don't want to buy that shit.
>>
>>47346129

Wha? How can you tell?
>>
File: HB2trollmarket[1].jpg (86 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
HB2trollmarket[1].jpg
86 KB, 700x394
>>47346119
Fetai face barbarian would be cool because I like weird shit. It would be like this thing out of a the Troll Market from Hellboy 2.
>>
>>47346213
In human lands? Slight outsiders but not reviled or anything. Many could probably pass for human with relatively little problems

I played a Rincewind rip-off once that was a Half Elf wizard that claimed to be human because of some bad family shit on the elf side of the family. Since Elvish was the language of scholarly magic in this setting no one bats an eye to him being able to speak it fluently
>>
>>47346176
>There is no rule saying quests aren't allowed on /tg/

Yes there is. Global rule 3.
>>
>>47346173
Just leave the party.
Surely being down a full party member will reduce their chances of survival.
>>
>>47346288

They have 6 PCs. 5 without me. I'm pretty sure Strahd is meant for the standard group of 4.
>>
>>47345086
Don't be a passive aggressive little prick? Grow the hell up and move on with your life while treating her like a casual acquaintance you neither like nor dislike in any way.

Seriously, this 'adult' thing is *NOT* as hard as you think.
>>
>>47346301
just kill like two of the other guys irl ez pz
>>
>>47346247
>>47346274
Alright cool. He's not going to be able to pass off as anything but a Half-Elf because he's from the royal family (therefore most know that the King's brother has a Half-Elf son), but it's not like he's a Half-Dragon or something.

Good to hear this writing hasn't gone to waste. Thanks anons.
>>
>>47346311

But I do dislike her. So I want her character to die. Because of me. But without her knowing it was me.

> Seriously, this 'adult' thing is *NOT* as hard as you think.

God you are so proud of being a grownup aren't you? I bet you're gonna have kids pretty soon to remind yourself what a big man you are.

>>47346313

Nah. But I am starting to think of a plan. I'll implement it next week and share the results with you guys. Also I might try asking her out again; maybe this time she'll do the smart thing and say yes. It'll be her last chance to save her character's life.
>>
File: OItnWGv.jpg (42 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
OItnWGv.jpg
42 KB, 480x270
>>47346374
>Also I might try asking her out again; maybe this time she'll do the smart thing and say yes. It'll be her last chance to save her character's life.
>>
File: 1460163228405.jpg (103 KB, 700x546) Image search: [Google]
1460163228405.jpg
103 KB, 700x546
>>47346374
Just stop dude, you're a fucking faggot and it's beginning to be depressing to even imagine that someone like you exists.

Go and be "that guy", have a ball with it you fucking loser.
>>
>>47346374
You even think she might already be in a relationship? Or not into dudes?
>>
>>47346374
>share the results with you guys
no we're good. thanks.
>>
>>47346259
This post here >>47346374 is how I can tell.
>>
>>47346430
>SHE HAS TO BE INTO ME, I'M ME
>>
I know /tg/ isn't used to /v/ or /tv/ tier autism shitposting but christ, stop replying

btw fedora anon was me the whole time, I trolled you and any subsequent posts pretending to be me are pure shitposting
>>
File: itwasmethewholetime.png (3 KB, 698x1284) Image search: [Google]
itwasmethewholetime.png
3 KB, 698x1284
>>47346469
a fitting end
>>
>>47343151
In a one-shot we ran a couple weeks back, I ran a LE goliath monk named Jorg Bearchucker who was a "recruiter" (read: kidnapper) for his temple. God, he was so dumb and so much fun. I think my next character will be another monk who took the teachings of the temple to fight against them.
Not sure on the race, but I'm leaning towards a wood elf.
>Martial roles have all the fun.
>>
>>47346430

No I checked her Fb, no pics of dudes, she drives herself home. I mean she is a woman so she probably can't go 24 hours without a dick in her, but I am pretty sure she doesn't have a boyfriend .

Any more ideas how I can kill her character?
>>
>>47345266
And this why I fucking HATE alignments in this game, because pricks like you exist to use it as a way to fuck everyone else over because they don't get what they want. I.E KILLING HER CHARACTER all because you were rejected! Grow the fuck up
>>
if i wanted to be a dwarf tempest is kord pretty much my only believable god option?
manly, hairy, massive beard, likes being strumf and brave
>>
>>47346469
but unlike /v/ and /tv/ we have fun with the shitposting
>>
>>47346532
So you're also a bit of a stalker.
>>
>>47346533
That has nothing to do with alignments.
>>
>>47346532
Yes, you can fellate a shotgun.
>>
>>47346533

Why are you this angry over something that doesn't involve or affect you? Seems like you are the one who needs to grow up.

Just treat it like a thought exercise , he to get another pc killed.

And I know alignments are a terrible game mechanic but I might as well use them to my advantage. It's no different than using the rules n your favor to optimize your character.
>>
>>47346571
>alignments are a terrible game mechanic

No they aren't.
>>
>>47346532
Misogyny looks good on you.
>>
>>47346547

No, I just checked her Fb page. Also followed her car home to see where she lived. Both are perfectly legal so you can fuck off now.

Any more ideas how I can get her character killed in curse of Strahd? We just met the Ismark dude and his sister. Any real tough encounters coming up where I could get her killed ?
>>
>>47346590
>Also followed her car home to see where she lived.

Stalker.
>>
>>47346581

Yes they are. Mostly because they result in dymbass arguments and players getting salty whenever a published God dos something even slightly outside his alignment. If they represented real human motivations that's be one thing. But they don't.

They are crap.
>>
>>47346604

No. Stalker would be doing it consistently. Also she didn't know so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>47346620
That's a problem with the players, not the game itself.
>>
>>47346633
>Also she didn't know so it doesn't really matter.
Stalker.
>>
>>47346590
>it's legal therefore it's OK
wew lad
>>
If it's my current DM, probably a gensai wizard, obsessed with the varied feelings of manipulating the world with his spells, unsure what his endgame would be. He's mostly like an addict, but for the feeling of spellcasting.
and to show this group how one really plays a caster.

if not, my friend loves weird/non core things, will probably pick up something from UA or DMsguild, like a gunslinger, an ex-soldier who turned to guns after he got badly injured (and scared of battle, because of it) Used them mostly for the shock effect the noise makes when he threatens people with them. I've got a lot of ideas for that DM, not just the gunslinger.
>>
>>47346633
>No. Stalker would be doing it consistently. Also she didn't know so it doesn't really matter
A stalker stalking someone home once counts as a stalking stalker.
Maybe not legally, but it’s still a creepy thing to do.

>>47346173
Wait, so you she texted saying you were cute, you returned the compliment, she said thanks, and then you asked her out via a text?
Possibilities:
>You really hamfistedly asked her out and revealed the level your shittiness.
>She just said no and you sperged before she could say why she couldn’t.
>She didn’t volunteer that she thought you were cute, so it doesn’t count and the following compliment and date offer were unwanted.
>She might have really thought you were adorable but doesn’t date underage tweens.

>Dude there is no way I am worse than Hitler.
Like it was said, you are using “It’s what my character would do” as a defense for your faggotry.
So yeah, you are.
Deal with it.
>>
File: relaxingsurfingdog.jpg (293 KB, 1470x980) Image search: [Google]
relaxingsurfingdog.jpg
293 KB, 1470x980
Have you guys introduced any homebrew to make martial characters more interesting? For example, expanding the Maneuvers that BM fighters get to other martial classes, and maybe creating some class-specific manuevers.

How did/would you balance something like that? I posted before (>>47345839), but since we're too busy feeding trolls to discuss anything else, maybe we can start a martial whining shitposting thread and have marginally more interesting discussion.

There's two things I'm considering:
>Buffering the Combat Superiority feat, up to two dice, two maneuvers with scaling dice size. BM fighters can take it for the additional two dice/manuevers.

>Giving all Fighters, Rangers, Rogues some selection of maneuvers, with maybe some class-oriented moves (pocket sand for rogues, etc). Maybe give other gish classes a few moves too, like a smaller selection and fewer dice for Blade Pact, paladins, war clerics.
>>
So i have a question
How would you go about setting a sword on fire?
Do enchanted fire swords burn like they are always on fire?
I just need a sword that is always on fire for it to fit my character and there doesnt seem to be any magic that does it so im a bit lost aside from carrying a bottle of lamp oil and tinder and just doing that before battle.
Pic related. its my goal for the character.
>>
File: Thoros.jpg (127 KB, 581x650) Image search: [Google]
Thoros.jpg
127 KB, 581x650
>>47346852
Forgot pic
>>

Ealga Strongsong, 350 year old dwarf grandma, an adventurer in her youth, she settled down and now serves the community and the needy.

she's a life cleric of Berronar Truesilver and has called into service, dusting off her old armor and heading back into the world.
>>
>>47346852
Have a cleric or wizard cast Continual Flame on it.
>>
So am I the only one a little disappointed that there isnt a Feat that lets you get a fighting style? maybe adds +1 to str or dex.

just seems odd to me.
>>
File: Charcoal Pine Resin.png (251 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Charcoal Pine Resin.png
251 KB, 512x512
>>47346866
>>47346852

See if your DM is a bro and incorporate various resins / oils to give weapons special temporary effects.
>>
>>47347097

Just dip a level in Fighter.
>>
>>47347097
Homebrewed it into weapon master, cause that feat is really stupid otherwise
>>
>>47347130
Oh i know that. I just find it surprising is all. Like grab a fighting style without multiclassing as a caster or rogue. Or as a fighter take the feat so you can grab another fighting style without being a champion
>>
>>47346034
"Rule zero faggot."

Problem solved.
>>
>>47346590

Everyone? If you need a reference for Lawful Evil, just refer to this thread.
>>
>>47347097
I feel like the Feats are all over the place in level of power really. We should do a collaborative homebrew fix for them all honestly.
>>
>>47347069
isnt continual flame just an image of fire but doesnt do any fire damage? i guess that could work on the elemental sword.
>>
>>47346852
Flame Blade is a level 2 Druid spell. It's pretty reasonable that other classes should have it on their list honestly. Bring it up with your DM or get a Druid to be your bitch and cast it on you.
>>
>>47347471
Oh wait ignore that second bit, I speak before I read.
>>
>>47347411
Yeah, but only the shittiest DMs wouldn't allow it. I could easily understand a DM not wanting someone to have a magical flaming sword.
>>
File: 1432013351852.jpg (170 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1432013351852.jpg
170 KB, 2000x1333
what's the absolute best endgame archetypes?
I'm not so worried about class (because it's wizard, right?), but my group has a DM that's handing out levels like fucking candy, and I'm curious. He'll probably wize up before we reach any class capstones, but I can see us reaching 17 before the campaign ends.
I'm currently running an AT, and let me tell you. If I had known I would be just about to hit 14th, I wouldn't have picked one. Ending with 3rd level spells is fucking -suffering-
>>
>>47347535
Out of all classes? Probably diviner wizard. Forcing failed saving throws for end game spells is very strong. Open Palm monk is good for having the only true save or die. For raw damage, its hard to beat Fighter though, any archetype, but battlemaster has the most burst
>>
>>47347569
>battlemaster fighter
>diviner wizard
aren't those like the two most frontloaded archetypes in the game, though?
I open palm, it's fairly obvious with the "can kill someone as long as their on the same plane" level of save or die, but those two...
I'm just not seeing it.
>>
>>47347617
They're both frontloaded in the sense that their features are literally top tier from level 3 to 20.
>>
>trident v spear
>trident requires martial, is heavier, and more expensive
>exactly the same otherwise
for why
>>
So I'm a relatively new DM running a campaign for a bunch of friends. I have a encounter idea for their next session, but lately I've been mis-managing time due to my encounters taking longer than normal, so I want to run this encounter by you guys and see if it doesn't sound too overly time-consuming.

My next session has this team of six lvl 5 characters on a boat, probably a transport ship or a military vessel, as a pirate boarding team tries to veer alongside them and hijack the ship and steal all their valuables. My concept is that the first half of the encounter is more of an event staging; the characters will have two ballistas among their own kits to try and hold off this ship for about 5 turns while the crew loads and prepares to fire an experimental cannon to fend off the pirate ship. Should they fail under these circumstances, the encounter will then go into a regular fight vs the pirate crew

Think this would take too long? I usually try to keep these sessions 3-4 hours long so my friends can get sleep, but lately I've been failing that pretty hard.
>>
>>47346176
I mostly see people who have been running on /tg/ wanting to stick it out here for the same crowd or whatever, and sometimes making new quest series just for /qst/.
>>
File: Adorable.jpg (436 KB, 1280x1444) Image search: [Google]
Adorable.jpg
436 KB, 1280x1444
>>47343151
>TPK edition

Awww yeah, bros.

>Suits of the Mists
>Total Character Kill Count: 29
>TPKs: at least 5.

>My face.
>>
>>47347535
Barbarians +4 Str/Con is pretty nice if you can actually hit 20. Otherwise they're solid enough.
>>
File: [heavy breathing].jpg (12 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
[heavy breathing].jpg
12 KB, 239x211
I'm gonna be making a blaster sorc, my character at 11th level just died, so my new guy is coming at 10th in a session or two.
what spells should I be looking at using, particularly for my 5th level slots?
Like, should I just cast fireball twice using both my fifth level slots, or are there other things I can be doing? any element is fine, but I'm somewhat wanting to roll up a fire draconic bloodline, but I don't necessarily have to.
I just really like the fireball spell. I've never gotten to play or even suggest big damage spells, and reading fireball does things for me

>>47347903
jesus, why.
>>
>>47347912
I'd be packing cone of cold for 5th level. If nothing else having the different AoE can be advantageous. If you want to be fire-centric instead well... don't.
>>
>>47347910
looking for archetype stuff, anon.
and I'm not gonna suddenly off my character and pick a new one or anything, but I don't see us ever hitting 20, at least not this campaign.
Maybe if it has a sequel.
Capstone abilities aren't what I'm interested in, though. Just relatively high level.
>>
>>47347946
Barb totem bear or wolf are both good, depending how tankish or striker you need to be. Knocking prone with every bonus action is hard to beat.
>>
File: Ain't about games.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Ain't about games.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
>>47347912
>jesus, why.
Without getting into every nitty gritty detail, sense I'm not running by AL rules anymore, I openly ask the players what difficulty setting they want me to put the campaign at.

According to AL, they should have been at "Average" or "Weak".

Most of them choose "Strong" or "Very Strong".

The rest of it is usually what happens as a result.

>1 TPK resulting from a player playing a parody of a Tumblr Feminist

>1 TPK resulting in just pissing off the villagers and getting lynched when I said all alignments allowed

>9 TPKs resulting from 2 of the players staying behind after the lynching from above, butthurt at the module and taking it as a sign of challenge, and insisted that I continue running the module for just the two of them. At the highest difficulty. With no Hirelings/NPCs.

>1 Near TPK when the wizard dropped a Fog Cloud spell on the party and a bunch of plants.

It's been a lot of fun finally letting my hair down to kill as much as I want.
>>
>>47348010
How do you squeeze 9 TPKs out of two characters?
>>
>>47348062
They're the kind of guys who, if I put something in front of them, they take it as a challenge and will start brainstorming ways the most efficient means of trying to take it down.

What they did was literally sit there and tackled the mission 9 times in a row trying to think of solutions while insisting that I keep it on the high difficulty level and no additional hirelings. When they ran into a dead end, they made me "rewind" back before the mission started and tried again.

Kinda cheaty with my count, but fuck it, I'll take it. It was either that or watch them erase the names on their sheets and turn in the same character each time.
>>
>>47348081
Seems fair. Sounds like a fun time, all things considered. More power to ya.
>>
>>47343151
Inquisitive Detective Rogue, who is brought back to life as a revenant after an assasination. He was rescued by a golden pocketwatch which he was gifted by a family he helped.
>>
>>47348191
i feel like that's a refrence to something. is it?
>>
>>47348234
Thought the same while typing it down but also cant quite put my finger on it.

But it's non intentional
>>
File: thedevouringone.jpg (43 KB, 414x413) Image search: [Google]
thedevouringone.jpg
43 KB, 414x413
Making a chef who didn't realize that when the void entity said it'll save his dying wife if he cooked for it, it meant he'll need to cook all the insane recipes in the eldritch book the patron provided.
(I'm playing a tome warlock)
>>
>>47348302
It probably just touches on some well traveled themes without being anything specific. But you're fine, regardless. As they say, nothing original under the sun.
>>
>>47348585
Neat gimmick, but it sounds like too many chef quests while the wife is dying is counterproductive. Can't improve health if she dies first. Or is preserving her life in the meantime part of the deal?
>>
>>47348647
Completing recipes stabilizes her condition for a set amount of time, but the only way to cure her would be to complete the book
>>
File: 1461942214428.jpg (57 KB, 289x288) Image search: [Google]
1461942214428.jpg
57 KB, 289x288
what personality traits/flaws/ideals/bonds could I cobble together to make an addict type character? I'm >>47346710 and now I'm thinking I could actually make this character really interesting.
I figure I can use the bad reputation feature from pirate, but I don't want to put the background stuff together purely from other ones, instead of making something that I could fuck up and turn out wrong.
>>
>>47348718
I *do* want to put the background personality from other backgrounds
I tend to fuck up when writing up my own characters from scratch.
>>
File: 1000-yard stare.gif (266 KB, 478x369) Image search: [Google]
1000-yard stare.gif
266 KB, 478x369
Okay, so mechanics question:

Say an assassin launches a surprise round on an enemy, gets a critical sneak attack and does a fuckton of damage, uses his bonus action to disengage then moves away from the target, then they roll for initiative
If the assassin rolls higher than the target (due to high dex and the alert feat) then he can perform another sneak attack with advantage can he not?
Asking because the target may or may not be half-orc with it's extremely annoying racial ability
>>
>>47348776
are you the dm? just use a rock
are you a player? why wouldn't you be able to
>>
>>47348776
>Say an assassin launches a surprise round on an enemy, gets a critical sneak attack and does a fuckton of damage, uses his bonus action to disengage then moves away from the target, then they roll for initiative
The moment combat starts, initiative is rolled.

Surprised creatures can't act on the first round, but initiative runs as normal.
>>
>>47343319
Because you have access to new and way better familiars, you basically are asking why go sword when toothpicks are a thing
>>
>>47348864
Okay, so we roll for initiative at the start
But the ability specifically says it works on a target that hasn't taken a turn in combat yet, so it would still work, yes?
>>47348829
Sometimes as a DM you can't show favoritism even if it's not favoritism and the player just needs to be taught a lesson
>>
>>47348776
Sneak attack yes, autocrit no.
>>
>>47348975
>But the ability specifically says it works on a target that hasn't taken a turn in combat yet, so it would still work, yes?
If you go before them on the second round, yes.
>>
>>47343351
Be the light in the darkness.

(Pretty screwed though bud)
>>
>>47349005
>>47349165
Alright brilliant, cheers guys
>>
File: 230114_908223010.png (133 KB, 339x296) Image search: [Google]
230114_908223010.png
133 KB, 339x296
>>47346571
/tg/ really is That Guy all the way down, isn't it?
>>
What's the best place to "steal" maps from? I'd guess adventure modules, right?

Could anyone point me to a place/torrent with all or most of the old modules? The only torrent I found doesn't have that many.
>>
>>47344784
>Assuming my local DM's don't already allow it.
>>
>>47349916
Just look on filesharing sites. They have pretty much everything.
>>
So I have an extra week or two to prepare for curse of strahd

I have maps printed out, loot index cards, and a better intro than "the fog grabs you" or "you get molested and kidnapped by gypsies"

Should I do more? I'm thinking of getting printouts in parchment of Kolyan's letter, the deeds to death house and old bonegrinder and the Durst family will

I could also think up some magic effects for Thorn's doll and Rose's locket (I'm thinking +1 passive perception for the doll and +1 investigation for the locket but IDK)

Maybe also print the tarokka deck

Anything else I should look into?
>>
Thoughts on the deathbloom druid?
>>
>>47350490
The fuck is deathbloom druid?
>>
>>47350519
One of the DMsG homebrews that WotSee featured this month.

Turn into plants. Turn your fallen enemies into plants. Be a shroomomancer.
>>
>>47347069
>Continual Flame every piece of your Fighter or Barbarian's armor, helmet, shield, weapons, backpack, cape, whatever
>have him run screaming like a madman into every combat while spamming Intimidation checks
>throw alchemist's fire and oil over his head at enemies
>>
>>47347658
Because you can't play Neptune, Lord of the Waves, with a spear.
>>
>>47347840
That sounds like a pretty sweet encounter, main time problem is groups of that size always take forever once it hits combat. I don't know how to deal with my own groups problem with that, only 5 players but christ it takes an eon.

I don't think that encounter would take you into overtime unless there is some kind of multi-deck action going on, if it looks like its going to take longer maybe have rough conditions or something slick on the deck and some poor mooks fail their 'stay on the ship' roll.
>>
>>47350519
They litter the countryside with hundreds of hideous spore- and shroom-encrusted creatures which sit there and totally don't cause trouble for anyone.

This is different from necromancy and raising dead in that it's
a) not necromancy
b) requires no spellcasting or limited resource, just an action and easily-provided materials (a corpse)
c) is limited to one corpse's worth of creatures under your control at a time
So every time you use the feature, the creatures stay around, they just stand there and don't listen to you. This isn't creepy at all and there's no way the townsfolk would misunderstand.

You can also turn the creatures into healing bombs, so at level 4, you can annoy your DM by stopping the party after every fight and spending X turns (where X is the number of things you killed in that fight) summoning mushroom men and popping them for 1d8 AoE healing as the party runs from corpse to corpse getting spores blown in their face. This is, again, not creepy at all.
>>
>>47350811
level 6*
>>
>>47347840

Sounds like a cool fight, though I'd be worried about the combat becoming unwieldy, especially with five players and a certain amount of NPCs. What I would do to speed things up would be to give them an objective for the second half, such as killing the captain or destroying the gangplanks/ropes ect. That way they're not slogging through combat of just murdering mooks.
>>
>>47345074

I gotta really recommend this fighter/wizard combo. I think it's much stronger than Wizard/Cleric. I think by doing this you only lose 1 level 6 slot. You might lose a level 5 slot too, but you'd still get Wish, 9th level spells, as well as Signature Spells which is arguably better than you capstone anyways.

Action Surge is probably a better capstone.
>>
>>47346590
Real answer here. Probably looking at a moon druid. You'll have a TPK and the druid will be the only survivor. That's how it is. There's nothing you can do.
>>
File: conan.jpg (53 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
53 KB, 640x408
Why is path of the Totem Warrior so shit? It's just ass apart from the lvl 3 abilities. :/
>>
File: Muttley-picture.gif (15 KB, 138x213) Image search: [Google]
Muttley-picture.gif
15 KB, 138x213
>>47346590
>No
>followed her car home to see where she lived
(You)
>>
>>47347173

That's kind of a cool feat, although I'd probably narrow the choices to GWF, Archer, Duelist, or TWF.
>>
>>47346590
I'm fairly certain it's illegal to stalk someone to their home
>>
>>47347535

Those spells are just bonuses though. Your real power is in your Rogue base features, and the other AT features (all of which are awesome too, as far as i remember).
>>
>>47347840

Reminds me of the Jhen Mohran fights in Monster Hunter. I thought something like that would be cool myself, honestly.
>>
>>47346709
>your rights end where my feelings begin

wew lad
>>
>>47347569
Honestly, the strength of end game spells is that you win without caring about the save.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.