[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: Rape the Maids.jpg (149 KB, 1055x1000) Image search: [Google]
Rape the Maids.jpg
149 KB, 1055x1000
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Rape the Maids Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread: >>47320609
>>
>>47330546
Only if they're cute boys in dresses
>>
Good feats for a zweihander sentinel?
>>
I'm a bard trying to get my GM to let me use the old Obtain Familiar feat. I wanted to try making a crafting bard(the party thinks it's a comical idea) but the GM is afraid to let me just use the feat and I don't have enough feat slots. Any ideas for me to give him that may get him to let me?
>>
Barbarian/Rogue seems really good actually. Just finished making a hobgoblin character with these classes, one level of urban barbarian gives him +4 STR to make up for the rogues low BAB and once he gets cornugon smash and hurtful he'll attack once for 1d10+12+2d6 intimidate them, get another free attack and do 1d10+12+1d6 and make them sickened. So now they're at low as fuck health with a -4 to saves, attack rolls, etc. Seems really solid.
>>
File: 1455977264305.jpg (480 KB, 617x800) Image search: [Google]
1455977264305.jpg
480 KB, 617x800
Why aren't you playing a kitsune Dex/Cha warlord?
>>
File: 1463043320420.jpg (59 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
1463043320420.jpg
59 KB, 500x618
>>47330375
>Tactician / Vitalist

>Int/Wis/Cha

You absolute MADman.
>>
>>47330637
>Urban Barb
>not savage technologist

WHY.png
>>
>>47330670
Its not like I'll be fighting anyways.
I'll be the Party's center. Their Rock.
>>
Makin' a cleric/necro. Any advice on stuff to do, pfg?
>>
File: 1461551285231.jpg (128 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461551285231.jpg
128 KB, 500x500
>>47330546
>Magical Child Vigilante with Companion to the Lonely and Eldritch Scoundrel Rogue with Innocuous Servant caught in the act
>>
File: 1463360227017.jpg (165 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1463360227017.jpg
165 KB, 900x900
>>47330641
Because Azata Aasimars are better.
>>
>>47330546

Illya a Cute.
>>
>>47330821
Wow that's much better, thanks man.
>>
File: SadSakuya.jpg (34 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SadSakuya.jpg
34 KB, 1024x768
>>47330546
>You will never get to play a Rogue Battle Maid
>>
File: greeting oniichan.jpg (162 KB, 804x604) Image search: [Google]
greeting oniichan.jpg
162 KB, 804x604
>>47330943
>>
Planning to put together a Curse of the Crimson Throne game, anything specific I should know about it?
>>
Can anyone explain to me how the Mystic's recovery method works? I basically understand it's one maneuver released per turn mechanic, but I have no idea how Blade Mediation interacts with it.

Also I want to play as a Slyph mystic but it's not +2 WIS.
>>
>>47330632
Offer him a blowjob.
>>
>>47330868
>Companion to the Lonely
>Innocuous Servant
Are these new feats or something?
>>
>>47331003
>Sakuya Izayoi
>Rogue

Objectively Wrong.
>>
>>47331104
Wait a few months for the hardback with updated rules to come out?
>>
>>47331122
Blade Meditation is a trap option and you should pretty much never use it.
What it basically does is eat up your turn to reset your cycle - same as what happens if you had already been granted all maneuvers and ended your turn like that.
>>
>>47330632
Ask him what he's worried about - lay out exactly what you plan to do, potentially agree not to do certain things he's afraid of, or talk over why he's afraid of those - and then remind him that any other class with an in-house familiar would be able to do all the stuff you're doing just as well, and there's nothing in particular about the bard that makes them use the combo better.
>>
>>47331162
So it's only good when you've expended everything?
>>
>>47331140
They're both lewd Vigilante and Rogue talents
>>
>>47331188
what books can they be found in?
>>
/tg/ give me your best male undine pictures
>>
>>47331180
No, not even then.
When you've been granted everything you /automatically/ get everything back.
The only situation blade meditation would ever be good is 'oh fuck, the one specific maneuver I just used NEEDS to be used again within two turns and I have literally no other good options, so I need to spend a turn to reset my whole cycle rather than wait three rounds to get it back while doing other useful things'

Ideally this will never happen because as a Mystic you want all your maneuvers to pretty much always be applicable instead of situational.
>>
File: jameson-2135.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
jameson-2135.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
I need pictures!
Pictures of Battle Maids!
>>
File: best maids 2.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
best maids 2.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>47331252
>>
>>47331197
Inner Sea Intrigue, also comes with Captain Orgasmo PrC.
>>
>>47331252
>>
File: best maid.jpg (55 KB, 560x480) Image search: [Google]
best maid.jpg
55 KB, 560x480
>>47331252
>>
>>47331252
I got a few
>>
Is there anything unique that battle maids can do that existing classes can't?

What would define a good battle maid PrC/class template?
>>
>>47331150
Oh is that slated for release soon? I didn't know thanks, happen to know how many months?
>>
>>47331252
We're definitely getting a huge influx of battle maid characters, aren't we?
>>
File: 1463550353973.jpg (247 KB, 1244x892) Image search: [Google]
1463550353973.jpg
247 KB, 1244x892
>>47331252
>>
File: 1429046059812.jpg (28 KB, 480x460) Image search: [Google]
1429046059812.jpg
28 KB, 480x460
I've been making a lot of monsters lately, and tried to keep their powerlevels in line with the guide from here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/monster-creation

But I've begun to notice so many existing creatures completely flaunt these guidelines. The average damage of a Young Red Dragon at CR 10 is much, much higher than 45. Should I just not compare my creatures to Paizo creations too much, or should I throw the Monster Stats by CR guideline out the window?
>>
>>47331360
It's in September
>>
can you use a pow strike during an aoo?
>>
>>47331474
CR guidelines are a good baseline, but there's a couple things you should know.

"Boss" monster are valued at about two CR lower than they should be. This includes the majority of dragons.

Paizo's creature designers don't actually -use- these guidelines. They make a creature and then toss what they think might maybe be an appropriate CR on it. It's where we got That Damn Crab from back in 3.5 and Paizo is carrying on the unfortunate tradition.

So, use what it says there as a base, sure. It gives you something to work off of. But never trust it entirely, and make adjustments as necessary for an interesting monster.
>>
File: Goofy_Time.png (64 KB, 361x440) Image search: [Google]
Goofy_Time.png
64 KB, 361x440
>>47331571
>>That Damn Crab

No Dad, no!
>>
>>47331540
Not normally. Certain class features permit it.
>>
>>47331571
Thanks, I appreciate the advice.
>>
File: a2178910558_10.jpg (127 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
a2178910558_10.jpg
127 KB, 800x800
>>47331596
Hey Gareth!

Why can an Augmented Blade Soulknife attach his Psycrystal to a weapon, armor or tool, but it doesn't become an intelligent item as a result?

I was kinda hoping for a soulknife with an intelligent soulblade similar to the blackblade magus. As well as being able to operate independently such as by picking locks, crafting or other tasks while the soulknife does other stuff
>>
>>47331660
> TFW my images are on the old PC
> TFW I literally have no face

Fuck.

Anyway, you're asking the wrong guy. I didn't design it. If I had to take a firing-from-the-hip guess, which is my personal and non-official opinion, it'd probably be that the thought never occurred to the author and/or keeping things simple and functional.
>>
>>47331670
May I request if you could ask ErrantX?
>>
>>47331683
Not really, no. Maybe when he actually becomes available but he and his family are /still/ going through Rough Fucking Shit (the pain train has no goddamn breaks) and I'm not going to pester him with this when quite frankly I'm not even sure why you've chosen to ask it for two threads. I'm not sure what you're after out of this and I can only see it ending in frustration and sorrow.
>>
>>47331660
Anon. You do realize that psicrystals ALREADY do that, right?

Psicrystals have their own actions, the same skill ranks as their owner, their own senses and wills (though controlled, as they're a fragment of the owner), and can fly/grow spider legs/move around/etc independently out to a range of 1 mile (well, 1 mile communication).

Did you even read the rules.
>>
>>47331720
Wow, rude even if the person you're talking to is a moron
>>
>>47331720
Oh, okay. Consider it resolved and forgotten then.

>>47331729
I know psicrystals have their own intelligence score and can move by themselves.

The augmented blade's Psicrystal Augment class feature however doesn't reflect it.
>>
>>47331660
Why do you even want it to be an intelligent item?
So it can overpower your will and make you do what it wants?
Items with Ego can backfire horrifically.
>>
>>47331748
Yes, because their psicrystal is LITERALLY A PSICRYSTAL. They get the Psicrystal Affinity blade skill. It's still a psicrystal when attached to a weapon. It doesn't LOSE any of that.
>>
>>47331753
Eh, its also fun from a roleplaying angle. Also, less likely to happen considering Psicrystals are fragments of your psyche to begin with anyways.

>>47331757
I was asking WHY a psicrsytal-infused weapon doesn't gain sentience or independence considering the psicrystal inhabiting it possess an intelligence score as well as a fly speed.
>>
>>47331781
Anon. It DOES. It gets the psicrystal. The psicrystal is still attached. It's giving the magic weapon stuff to the weapon, and is also intelligent and has a fly speed.

You're asking for the weapon to get a SECOND intelligence score? How would that work? Why would it be independent? The psicrystal is an extension of you, and remains a psicrystal (and thus intelligent) when attached.
>>
>>47331808
>If the augmented blade is ever separated from her weapon (or an item augmented by her psicrystal), the psicrystal stays with that object(s) as long as the item stays within range of the augmented blade and his telepathic link (one mile) with the psicrystal. At any time, the augmented blade can cause the psicrystal to abandon them item as a free action within that range and command her psicrystal as normal.

Does this sound like an intelligent weapon to you?
>>
>>47331819
Show me the text that says the psicrystal loses the intelligence score and abilities. Abilities only do what they say they do.

Hell, it even SAYS it keeps its telepathic link (otherwise it wouldn't be able to stay in range).
>>
>>47331843
Dude, the psicrystal is fine.
My issue is the psicrystal augment class feature doesn't give much options aside from the usual weapon enhancement bonus.
>>
>>47331874
The psicrystal augment function lets you mix and match and hotswap your mind blade abilities, and pick up off-list things.

It's the most versatile soulknife weapon by FAR, on top of being a smart pet rock.
>>
>>47331874
So you're not complaining about it not being 'an intelligent item', you're complaining about it not having the same sort of abilities as existing intelligent items.
>>
>>47331885
I didn't say it was bad. I just asked why it lacked some things I pointed out.

>>47331887
>you're complaining about it not having the same sort of abilities as existing intelligent items.
Yes, that.
>>
Let's say I want to make a character who throws knives at people. Is Rogue or Monk better for this? What feats should I take?
>>
>>47331893
Sounds like a godawful mess of a suggestion. The way they did it is cleaner and much more fun. Black blades a couple unique abilities, but so does the augmented blade's pet rock (in the blade skills section).
>>
>>47331896
Fighter, actually.

Trained Throw, and feats a-plenty to get all of Startoss Style and Ricochet Toss makes for 'works pretty alright'
>>
>>47331904
Frankly, I don't see the need for you guys to be confrontational about it.

I'm also a fan of DSP and I merely asked a question, and never demanded a change.
>>
Hey PFG, I have a question for you guys on a ruling. Here's the class in question:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/brawler/archetypes/paizo---brawler-archetypes/strangler

The level 16 Ability "Neckbreaker" does not list a use per day limit, but does reference that it functions similarly to another class ability that does have a limit. It seems to be on the fence in my group/with my gm if there's a limit to the ability. I'm thinking there isn't, and its reference to the other ability is in reference to the Fort save needed to prevent the effect from going off and just dealing damage instead, as with resisting the knockout effect of knockout blow/sleeper hold.
Would there be a limit? It seems Neckbreaker is class equivalent to Awesome Blow as it replaces it, and scales with its improved version at 20th level as well, and that ability has no uses per day. The knockout ability says it alters Knockout Blow, instead of simply replacing it as well, so wouldn't that mean there's no limit of uses per day?

I'd appreciate some outside opinions, and any rulings you might use/have found. I tried googling it but with little avail.
Thanks, PFG, here's some art!
>>
>>47331931
Because you're a retard. I'm a fan of DSP too. I just think your ideas are dumb and you're dumb. Especially the fact that you kept having to change your complaint.
>>
>>47331931
There's being confrontational, and there's being honest.

>>47331933
Nope, limitless.
>>
>>47331933
Ah, and to prevent confusion, when I said "No uses per day" in the last sentence I was in reference to Neckbreaker, since there's a clear list of uses per day for sleeper hold.
>>
>>47331946
I DID say it was resolved and forgotten. I merely expressed my case to you guys. Not like my opinion had any weight any ways.

>>47331950
Fair.
>>
>>47331924
>Use advanced Weapon Training so my daggers deal Sacred Weapon damage

You're a genius, Anon.
>>
>>47331959
That too.

Fighters have the best methods to make use of thrown weapons in the largest amount of circumstances.

Ricochet Toss means you don't even have to buy more than one dagger, you can just use the same one for EVERY attack as it bounces back to you like a yoyo.
>>
>>47331950
Thanks! It's what I thought too, but the GM is a bit worried about it being OP when I can just go around snapping endless necks per day, but when I'm blind (10 ft) level 9 with no items other than a jump, climb, and protection +1 ring, and we have a level 10 magus with a bane human +3 luecerne, fireballs and that flies with a constant healing item and regen I'm not certain that "It's too OP" is a valid home ruling to go against RAW.
>>
>>47331976
Thank you, Anon.

Can't wait to bust this one out at my next game where the DM expects me to play another spellcaster.
>>
>>47331999
I'm also amused at I think it was Ace Disarm.

If memory serves, it lets you use Steal at range, and specifically notes that if you have Ricochet Toss, your knife bounces back to you WITH THE THING YOU STOLE.
>>
>>47331999
Don't forget to get a belt of mighty hurling to make your thrower less MAD

What weapon enchantments are you getting anyways?
>>
>>47332019
The fuck.

That sounds like the kind of thing a mid-high level martial should actually be doing. Like mythology level shit.
>>
>>47332057
(Recall that Greater Steal means they don't even notice you've stolen it from them until they actually check it or go to use it.)
>>
>>47332037
That's a no-go, anon.

Trained Throw (Which doubles your weapon training bonus on throws) needs you to be using dex to hit and strength for damage.

Combined with Dueling Gloves, the benefit that Mighty Hurling offers is somewhat outweighed.
>>
>>47332019
Haha that's awesome.

>>47332037
I don't know what weapon enchants I'm gonna go for. Don't even know what would be good, probably just static +5 right?
>>
Hm.

Thinking on it, Learned Duelist wouldn't be a bad archetype for a throw-fighter.

Daggers are Light Blades, so they work. Duelist Stance ups your Weapon Training's damage bonus by 2, as well as giving you some AC. Gloves of Dueling for another +2.

Then doubled by Trained Throw, which ends up with a +10 damage bonus JUST from weapon training at level 5.

You would barely NEED to put strength into this build, your static bonuses are enough on their own.

Learned Duelist also has synergy with Startoss Style, since both use Vital Strike.

>>47332258
Some extra range would probably be nice. Even with all this, daggers still only have a range increment of 10ft
>>
I believe it is safe to say that optimizing Path of War martials are the best combatants in the entire system, outclassing even tier 1s (short of ridiculous Planar Binding or Gate abuse).

However, what can they actually bring to the table outside of combat aside from a moderately high mental ability score? Are they tier 3 solely for their combat abilities?
>>
>>47330641

Because I'm actually playing a Kitsune Dex/Cha Slayer/Unchained Rogue abomination to exploit dex to damage with an elven curveblade.
>>
>>47332273
You can't take Trained Throw or any advanced weapon training because Learned Duelist trades all your Weapon Trainings away.

Also yeah, I probably need increased range.
>>
>>47332279
I think you're underestimating the utility abilities offered by stances and maneuvers. Flight, short-range teleportation, healing, extra senses like scent and darkvision...

They tend to be somewhat lackluster compared to other tier 3s, but they're certainly better than most t4 classes.
>>
>>47332299
PoW is better for that.
>>
>>47332340

Alas, my DM won't allow 3rd party materials.
>>
>>47332338
Nope.

By the retarded ruling which cuts out Brawler from Advanced Weapon Training, Learned Duelist still qualifies due to the wording.

"At 5th level, a Learned duelist must select the light blades group for the weapon training class feature."

"The Learned duelist does not gain weapon training in any other groups as he increases in level."

This means it still counts as Weapon Training, qualifying for the Advanced Weapon Training Feat, and for the bonus to be boosted by gloves of dueling.
>>
Speaking of Steal, I seem to recall something that let you make Sleight of Hand checks in place of Steal, but I can't recall what it was. Any ideas?
>>
>Sophisticate: Half-elves who strive to embody the culture in which they live develop a keen instinct for the ebb and flow of fashions, fads, and political trends. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (local) checks and can use those skills untrained even for checks with a DC of 10 or more. This racial trait replaces elven immunities. Source PCS:ISR

Can a full elf take Sophisticate and replace elven immunities?
>>
>>47332369
That probably won't fly with my DM, but I'll try it out. Thanks Anon.

Would Mutation Warrior be worth looking into? Means I could skimp on Dex or Str and still get the benefit from the Mutagen.
>>
>>47332437
You can skimp on Strength anyway since you're getting like +10 damage minimum from weapon training.

And if he does call you up on it, then point him at this.

http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9qto

Dragoon uses the same 'you need to pick this for your weapon training' language that Learned Duelist does.

"If the archetype's ability requires you to make a specific choice for the standard ability, it counts as that ability."
>>
>>47332436
No
>>
>>47331215

It can SOMETIMES happen if you are heavy on the Elemental Flux.

Mostly with it's anti-magic counters.

Still not common.
>>
How well does Path of War do for a knife thrower?

I kinda want to give an acrobatic, stylish knifemaster a go.
>>
Looking forward to the day when I can filter anime images as well as weeaboo cunts.
>>
>>47332660
filter yourself, preferably from life
>>
File: 1293810748118.jpg (80 KB, 664x1167) Image search: [Google]
1293810748118.jpg
80 KB, 664x1167
>>47332610
Pretty good.

Take the Phantom Sun stance for infinite daggers.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/solar-wind-maneuvers
>>
File: Black Lagoon 494295.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Black Lagoon 494295.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>47331252
>>
anon-san! anon-san! how do I Paizo's martials in a party of PoW.
>>
>>47332746
Barbarian
>>
>>47332780
So Barbarian can compete with PoW?
>>
>>47332746
Laser focus on one thing. PoW martials are going to be much better at a wider variety of things because of their maneuvers which will let them do a bunch of stuff without investing into anything, but you might be able to beat them at one specific thing if you focus on it hard enough. Provided they don't focus on the exact same thing, in which case they'll beat you.
>>
Is there any especially good classes that go with solar wind, piercing thunder, and Tempest Gale?

I'm aiming to build a Dex heavy spear dude who throws knives often.
>>
>>47332746
Why would you want to?
>>
>>47332921
GM forced me to. He don't want me to outshine everyone as a fullcaster.
>>
>>47332950
Are you a martial or a fullcaster?
>>
>>47330546
Why are all the Pathfinder threads required to have some kind of anime pics as the thread image? Is that something to do with the Game or just the players? It's something that has bugged me for months
>>
/pfg/ always turns into a fetishy cellpool, and it genuinely makes me sad--since imo PF kicks D&D's ass up and down the street.
>>
>>47332976
It's 4chan in general and the kind of people who tend to make new generals in particular. Nothing to do with pathfinder itself.
>>
>>47332994
Go back to bed virt
>>
>>47332809
>>47332950
Numberwise, Barbarian (And utilitywise to a limited degree). Also, spontaneous fullcasters mix well with PoW, as a single-tier difference doesn't tend to be that brutal.

Heck, if they're running some of the High T3-Low T2 setups, a prepared fullcaster won't exactly outshine them either.
>>
>>47332950
>So Barbarian can compete with PoW?
>GM forced me to. He don't want me to outshine everyone as a fullcaster.
So he wants you to play a paizo martial instead of a full caster in party using path of war so you don't outshine them?
Is your gm retarded?
Also the game is balanced around having access to magic, saying no full casters is just pants on head retarded.
>>
>>47332976
Dunno but it seems as long as they keep posting yuri OP pics I will keep engaging in interesting pathfinder discussion.

Weird how that keeps happening.
>>
>>47332976

Pathfinder as a game is pretty anime.
The DSP audience too in particular.
The people who like DnD but don't like anime have all gone over to 5e.
>>
What are some good modules / pfs adventures to include in homebrew settings as side-quests?
>>
>>47333203
Hey, going over to 5e doesn't mean I don't still hang out here. I love you goys.
>>
>>47333148
Saying no fullcasters is probably fine, but.. why not be a 6caster? Why go BARBARIAN?
>>
>Running a game with 3 PCs, final mission arc coming up before big finale
>One of the PCs is a huge flake and often forgets the game is on, and twice has just left mid-game without alerting us first
>Remaining two players are good but say they'd like more party members

>I think it would be kind of unfair on any new players to say 'okay join the game but you'll only be around for the final arc which will reference a bunch of stuff you weren't there for, and then the game ends for good after that'

Is there any smart solution here, or do I just have to bite the bullet and either accept a small party or a new player getting the short end of the stick? Don't really want to go with GMPC either.
>>
>>47333339
Offer to let them run multiple pcs, or offer to run dmpcs to help them out if they like.
>>
>>47333351
Suggested the former but one of them didn't want to and while the other didn't give a clear answer I don't think he'll be up for it - will ask him again later though.

For DMPCs I'm not against the idea in principle but I don't think it's the solution they want, especially since I'm already big on NPC interaction and a DMPC will just be another recurring NPC.

Thanks for the advice, though.
>>
>>47330546
Why is /pfg/ so deliciously weeb while /5eg/ is so disgustingly normie?
>>
>>47333405

5e is suited for the grognards who want their gritty low-magic low-power classic-medieval-fantasy story.
3.PF is suited for the weebs who want ridiculous concepts, weird and diverse setting features, and high-power combat with laser beams and other strange powers.

It's natural.
>>
>>47333445

I see. That makes sense.

But aren't grognards supposed to be those who prefer older editions instead of newer ones?
>>
>>47331048

Wouldn't it be otouto?
>>
>>47333510
5e is rather exceptional at disguising itself as an older edition
>>
>>47333445
What's good for low-power, high fantasy with weird character concepts?
>>
>>47333532

Thank you anon.

I just wish the thread wouldn't immediately jump on me after I tell them I want to play a loli.
>>
>>47333306
Probably because I also used to play Monster Tactician and Master Summoner...
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of The Noble Wild Pathfinder Edition book?
I can´t seem to find it anywhere and my group would want to try it out.
>>
File: 1440545809811.jpg (134 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
1440545809811.jpg
134 KB, 1024x749
I have a question about Scarlet Throne

For the Zenith Strike line (Sense Motive v AC), is it affected by your weapon?

If you were attacking a flat-footed target, or using a brilliant energy weapon, would this modify the target you need to hit?

So far it just says 'against target's AC', can this change depending on the situation?
>>
>>47333675
>"With supreme focus, comes great insight into the workings of a foe's defenses. When the moment is right, the disciple releases his attack in a vicious upward swing. The disciple makes a Sense Motive check in place of his normal attack roll (he may add any enhancement bonus from his weapon or feats that apply from the use of his weapon to this Sense Motive check as well), and if this Sense Motive check equals or exceeds the target's armor class, the attack deals double damage. If this check does not meet or exceed the target's armor class, then the attack fails and the disciple misses."
>"...(he may add any enhancement bonus from his weapon or feats that apply from the use of his weapon to this Sense Motive check as well), and if this Sense Motive check equals or exceeds the target's armor class, the attack deals double damage."

Yes, anon. All standard bonuses apply; Sense Motive basically just replaces Strength (or whatever relevant modifier your using) and BAB for the attack roll; other factors still apply.
>>
>>47333694
>repeating myself in the same sentence with that "may apply shit"
I really need to proofread my crap before I go about posting.
>>
>>47333694
>>47333703
I apologise, I may not have worded my question properly.

I didn't mean enhancing my sense motive check, but rather decreasing the target I need to hit (by using a brilliant energy weapon to ignore armor/shield bonuses) or flat-footed (to deny dodge/dex bonuses).

It's just that the ability only specifies 'equals or exceeds' armor class, not 'the appropriate target that the initiator would need to roll against if they were making a normal attack'

Which is clumsily worded, granted.
>>
>>47333733
By RAW, no.
RAI, probably yes.
If you're really invested in sense motive it'll be hitting almost all the time anyway.
>>
>>47333557
You deserve everything he does to you.

My question though is why are you playing a paizo martial when PoW is on the table? Just grab Myrmidon Fighter and stack on either Lore Warden or Silverblade Hunter from the Lords of the Wild Playtest to make a FIGHTER who can keep up. Yes, a fighter. You are not in the Twilight Zone.
>>
File: blogzorkgimiryannick.jpg (35 KB, 819x440) Image search: [Google]
blogzorkgimiryannick.jpg
35 KB, 819x440
I'm planning a short campaign set in a 17th~18th century city ruled by a magic-hating burgher. Trouble is that I'm not sure how to make him legitimately threatening to casters without metagaming, anti-magic magic (which would be betraying his principles), or setting it in Alkenstar (which is a total cop-out). I'm considering early firearms, suspicion-casting propaganda, and some clerical/divine assistance, but even then I don't think it'll strike the be challenging enough. Wat do?
>>
What is positive and negative energy?
>>
>>47333759
Honestly, the only way to do this properly is by limiting the level of magic in the setting. If high level (access to 7th level spells and up) casters are remotley common (read:more than like 3 NPCs in the setting), it just won't work. I'd recommend NPCs in the setting generally cap at 4th-6th level spells, and they are an exception to the rule.

Limiting the setting to 2/3 casters actually goes a long way towards this.
>>
>>47333759
Set in the Outlands in Planescape.
>>
>>47333767
Hard to simplify accurately, but I like the view of Creation and Destruction. Neither is good or evil, they both simply ARE. And if you try to weaken or remove one without balancing the other, you're going to seriously break everything.
>>
>>47333767
Positive Energy is the energy that makes up your soul.

Negative energy is its opposite, the other end of the spectrum. Not necessarily evil, just antithetical to the nature of our existence. It, by nature, disrupts your soul/mind and degrades your body (which is dependent on your soul).
>>
>>47333778
I'm operating under the assumption that at least one of the players will want to play a caster, so I don't want to outright ban them or mess with RAW. It's a low-level campaign, so the players' power is going to be pretty limited anyway.
>>
>>47333805
Eh, I generally don't like the polarizing nature of full casters. the 2/3 casters tend to be among the better designed classes anyways, so I don't see a ton of loss by cutting the fulls.

Also, you could make the players the exception to the rule then. The setting, in general, doesn't have anyone with that level of focus (at least not in this area, maybe there re epic level wizard college on the other side of the world, but that doesn't matter here). But the player is something unique.
>>
>>47333767
It's also worth mentioning that even if positive energy makes up your soul, it isn't necessarily good for it.

Positive energy is like blood as opposed to negative energy being a potent base.

Your blood is acidic, and by nature, a basic substance is naturally opposed to it. However, because of how we work, blood can be helpful and even adding some more can really help with your performance. And if you're hurt, restoring it is important.

Injecting a base into yourself is not going to go well at all.

However, injecting too much blood into you isn't a good idea either. Your veins can start splitting at the seams, you can get clogged up, and you will die. (in the case of energy, you're more likely to burst)

>Major positive-dominant planes go even further. A creature on a major positive-dominant plane must make a DC 15 Fortitude save to avoid being blinded for 10 rounds by the brilliance of the surroundings. Simply being on the plane grants fast healing 5 as an extraordinary ability. In addition, those at full hit points gain 5 additional temporary hit points per round. These temporary hit points fade 1d20 rounds after the creature leaves the major positive-dominant plane. However, a creature must make a DC 20 Fortitude save each round that its temporary hit points exceed its normal hit point total. Failing the saving throw results in the creature exploding in a riot of energy, which kills it.
>>
>>47333587
So, no one?

I would really appreciate if anyone had a clue as how to get The Noble Wild pdf.

I would be forever in your favor.
>>
Does Hawkguard and Zweihander Sentinel stack?
>>
Does somebody have the Psionics Augmented: Soulknife pdf?
>>
>>47333547
You're going to look silly playing as one in an otherwise-normal PC party. I'd love to play one, but I prefer to refrain until I find a party that would actually do it... and so far, I've found that nobody ever actually wants to do that.
>>
>>47333733
Yes. If it's vs AC, then anything that would affect the opponent's AC (being flatfooted, being subject to a brilliant energy attack, being subject to a firearm or other similar touch attack) would still apply
>>
Practiced Initiator and Unorthodox Method, both traits in PoW:E, don't have a trait 'type' associated with them.

Combat Training and Agile Dancer are both listed as Combat and Social traits respectively, what should I treat PI and UM as, then?
>>
suppose you had a weapon that dealt extra damage in, say, 10ft radius on a critical hit. Would it count against swarms, or not? The crit only affects the single bee/rat/snake/whatever and so would deal no extra damage to the swarm, but it should still count as having activated the area damage ability, yes?
>>
>>47334107
They have types in the pdf: Combat and Regional.
>>
File: 1458570993900.png (283 KB, 405x500) Image search: [Google]
1458570993900.png
283 KB, 405x500
>>47333834
Daily reminder that undead are completely immune to the harmful effects of being in a positive-dominant plane, by RAW.
>>
File: 2010-12-24-Guilded-Age-pg-13.jpg (577 KB, 780x1025) Image search: [Google]
2010-12-24-Guilded-Age-pg-13.jpg
577 KB, 780x1025
>>47334111
Well, what does the ability say explicitly?

It's different to say it attacks everything with 10ft, and a burst that deals critical hit damage to everything in its 10ft radius?
>>
>>47334141
Eh, it should still hit regadrless of the wording. Swarms only get immunity to Nº of targets-locked attacks. "Attack everything" means it ain't limited to X number of targets, so it AoEs, I guess?
>>
http://archivesofnethys.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Brevoy%20Bandit
>[PFS Legal] Brevoy Bandit
>Source People of the River pg. 12 (Amazon)
>Category Region
>Requirement(s) Mivon
>You fled the persecution of Brevoy authorities and wound up in Mivon. Whether or not you are guilty of your alleged crimes, you seek to build a new life amid new neighbors. Choose one Profession skill and one ability score other than Wisdom. You add that ability score’s modifier in addition to your Wisdom modifier on checks with the chosen Profession skill.

Why is this the single best and worst trait in the system?

"Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Strength modifier to my Profession (midwife) checks. A stuck baby is no match for my rippling muscles!"

"Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Dexterity modifier to my Profession (barrister) checks. I literally dance around a subject!"

"Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Charisma modifier to my Profession (gardener) checks. My plants literally love me!"
>>
>>47334240
"A swarm has no clear front or back and no discernible anatomy, so it is not subject to critical hits or flanking. A swarm made up of Tiny creatures takes half damage from slashing and piercing weapons. A swarm composed of Fine or Diminutive creatures is immune to all weapon damage."

I believe it does matter.
>>
File: 1456975443095.jpg (14 KB, 320x425) Image search: [Google]
1456975443095.jpg
14 KB, 320x425
>>47334255
>I can now apply my Strength modifier to my Profession (midwife) checks. A stuck baby is no match for my rippling muscles!"

Noooooo anon, nooooo
>>
>>47333755
GM specifically limit me to Paizo martials. While allowing PoW for other player (mostly newbie). Guess he doesn't want me to outshine them.
>>
>>47334255
"Because I fled from my life of banditry, I can now apply my Constitution modifier to my Profession (cook) checks. No amount of food poisoning will keep me down!"

>>47334325
There aren't any trap options for PoW, really, but if you know what you're doing, you can still be effective. Do you have to play a full martial (can you play a paladin or caster)?

What about taking traits/feats to gain access to some maneuvers?
>>
>>47333786
>>47333834
But some undead consume/drain positive energy from living thing right? wouldn't that be poison to them? Actually shouldn't those undead get hurt by negative energy ripping of their food out of their stomach?
>>
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-bestiary/psicrystal

>Psicrystals have a racial climb speed and can use Dex to climb
>A Zealot could let their psicrystal use fool's errand maneuvers like Tornado Slam
>Suddenly this tiny psicrystal trips the enemy with a surprisingly good bonus to the roll and hurls them 30ft
>>
>>47334341
Anything with full BAB is a fine game (I think). No 3rd party content at all for me though.
>>
>>47334402
"The bigger they are..."
>>
a player in my campaign wants to play a character that resembles 'scarlet witch' from the marvel universe.

what would be the best way to realize something like that? maybe an occult class? (haven't looked into those yet)
>>
File: 1439435754676.jpg (524 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439435754676.jpg
524 KB, 1000x1200
>>47334402
A low centre of gravity is the key to any throw

>>47334346
Depends on the creature.

Some undead (intelligent incorporeal undead like ghosts) are actually just positive-energy souls that never left the Material Plane, and their positive-energy souls are sheltered/tainted by negative energy.

When they drain you, they're probably reinforcing their own internal soul. The same goes for liches and vampires, as they still possess souls (albeit ones twisted by negative energy), and consume life-force as a result.

But positive energy from a source they're not initiating or controlling is far too much. We can (and frequently do) eat foods high in alkaline, but you shouldn't forcibly inject them into your veins, it has to be carefully controlled.

>>47334449
Wait, you can't even play a non-full BAB character?

I would go barbarian or paladin, then.

Or go daring general and just take a bunch of Initiator cohorts
>>
>>47334488
Which version of her? I'd probably go with sorcerer or wilder.
>>
How to build movie Apocalypse in PF?
>>
>>47334488
Go Wilder, some telepathy, some psychokinesis.

I'm assuming he wants the movie version, not the world-warping comics version for now
>>
>>47334507
movie version

do you have any specific bloodline in mind?
>>
>>47334521
Which movie Apocalypse?

The X-Men movie?
>>
>>47334505
I like that spoiler idea. How do you guys usually RP cohorts character?
>>
>>47334555
Ya
>>
>>47334544
thanks, I'll look into that
>>
>>47334574
I usually give the idea to my GM with what I need out of the character, some suggestions and my connection to them.

I find they like them more if they have a hand in making them.

>>47334578
Do you want to use it as a setting? Because making everyone a minor psychic with a limited selection of abilities to fit their 'power' works if you really want to do it in Pathfinder,

>>47334593
My pleasure.
>>
>>47334574
I RP them as if they were another PC with a slight level handicap and a reason to follow the PC through hell and high water, because that's what they are. Usually somebody who has emotional significance to the PC in some way and vice-versa, such as a faithful butler, their sister/cousin/brother/other relative, etc.
>>
Can anybody help me with picking feats for a zweihander sentinel? I have a few possibilities for my friend but I want more. If it's any help he's building them to try to make a typical shounen hero who's obsessed with his greatsword.
>>
>>47334665
What martial disciplines/maneuvers is he taking? Level?
Discipline Focus and Martial Charge are good places to start, usually.
>>
>>47334665
Point him to the style feat trees in PoW:E, they do a number of really cool things.
>>
File: LIVE TO KILL; KILL TO WIN.jpg (506 KB, 780x1025) Image search: [Google]
LIVE TO KILL; KILL TO WIN.jpg
506 KB, 780x1025
>>47334665
Take the Divine Fighting Technique (Greatsword Battler), vital strike, martial charge and power attack (maybe Primal Warrior Stance to amplify that to 4d6 Greatsword Damage)
>>
Can a cleric of Gorum be a caring bara father figure to the party?
>>
Is there any way to stack PoW Stances?
>>
File: killing kakyoin like.gif (493 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
killing kakyoin like.gif
493 KB, 500x281
>warlock loses all the "appearance" features, (startling, frightening, stunning)
>arcane strike talent is modified so that it's always-on after level 6, but doesn't grant the enhancement abilities
>Gain an arcane pool at level 5 as a magus, but can only use it to enhance your mystic bolts or add additional effects from talents
>can pick an element at level 11, and your bolts of that element now pierce resistance (but not immunity) scaling up from 5 to 15~
>gain int-to-damage if you take a penalty to attack rolls
>a talent to allow you to tack on status effects, some based on your bolt's element, by spending a number of pool points
>a talent to increase resist-piercing by spending a pool point as a swift action

Poking around with ways to make the Warlock's mystic bolts less unfathomably shit, and more fun to use. If I ever play one, I'm intending to ask my GM what he thinks, but for now, fuck me up senpai.
>>
>>47334752
Why couldn't they?
>>
>>47334685
Starting at level 1. He has scarlet throne, primal fury, golden lion, and iron tortoise although I'm considering telling him to swap out one for something like shattered mirror.

>>47334689
Too low level but I'm planning on having him take the full golden lion tree.

>>47334712
I'm not sure he'd be ok with an feats that require a deity (he's weird and super anti-religion when building characters and only then), not sure if he'll do much charging, and thanks to the feat tax rules we have he already has power attack as a combat option without the feat.
>>
>take initiating archetype
>want more initiation
>just use a prestige
>all the PoW prestige are either shitty or incredibly niche
>>
File: 1436749543807.jpg (159 KB, 774x993) Image search: [Google]
1436749543807.jpg
159 KB, 774x993
Is there a class or archetype that casts int-based arcane spells, but gains spells like a sorcerer (spells known per level, rather than spellbook)?
>>
>>47334876
so exactly like a regular prestige class then
>>
>>47334810
Discipline Focus or Improved Initiative are good level 1 feat pickups.
>>47334876
Class/Build?
>>
I've given up on my weekly game.
>Every week for the last three months, my players have found some excuse to not play.
>Every week they only contact me at the last minute (1-2 hours before the game starts), to let me know, IF THEY DO SO AT ALL.
>I get excited about playing every week, because it's the only thing keeping me from wanting to blow my brains out, yay depression.
>Multiple times, I went to their house after they said they couldnt play, only to find them stoned, or fucking, or both.

I just want to play the fucking game, is that so much to ask?
>>
>>47334890
Sorcerer with sage bloodline, psychic.
>>
>>47331933
>>47331950
>>47331952
To give a second opinion, while I don't think it *should* be limited, since it functions 'like sleeper hold, but...', I think it still has the same uses per day.
>>
>>47334890
A sorcerer with the sage bloodline
>>
>>47334809
BATTLE AND SMITE
>>
>>47334805
It's the warlord's capstone to have two stances up at once.

It's the umbral blade's capstone to gain their Embrace the Shadows Stance as a constant effect, allowing them to have a different stance up.
>>
>>47334910
Are you the GM?

Make them an ultimatum and state that they're being unreasonable, and that this is a two way street.

If they're not interested, find a different party. You don't need them, anon.

I'm having a similar problem, but I'm a player and the GM is part of the problem.
>>
>>47334910
>Every week for the last three months, my players have found some excuse to not play.
You should've gotten the hint and started looking for a new group after three or four times.
>>
>>47335009
Me and my girlfriend swap GM roles every year.
This campaign started last year, and has made almost no progress, because my players are shit.
>>
Which country or region represent South East Asian in Golarion?

Should we go bother JJ until he made something up?
>>
>>47335050
Why do we need real world analogs for every region?

Can't we make something new up?
>>
>>47334876
Prestige classes are supposed to represent niche concepts. I don't know what you expected.
>>
>>47335053
I want my special snowflake brown ladyboy.
>>
>>47335050
Go read Dragon Empires.
There are few realms which are basically No-Thai, Vietnam, Korea,etc...
>>
>>47335158
And the current world doesn't have a region with brown people?

You can be a snowflake ladyboy anywhere.Trust me
>>
>>47335050
>>47335253
iirc Varisians are kinda like that.
>>
>>47334876
The mage hunter, umbral blade, awakened blade, and animus adept are all very good for 2/3 initiators... Why do you think they aren't?
>>
Is there first party content that would let me take a wizard schools first level power? I'm looking to get the necromancers command undead power.
>>
File: 1452202488675.jpg (62 KB, 735x600) Image search: [Google]
1452202488675.jpg
62 KB, 735x600
>>47336222
Taking a level of wizard.
>>
>>47336222
There's the Arcanist talent and a Mythic Path Archmage talent but that's all I can think of.
>>
>>47336222
wizard VMC
>>
>>47336245
hmm I don't know about this one
>>47336264
I was hoping for maybe a feat, or tree of feats
>>47336331
and sadly we don't use mutliclassing, I would have done it
>>
>>47336222
>I'm looking to get the necromancers command undead power.
So... any class that channels negative energy?
>>
>>47336612
Fluff reasons, i'm an oracle. (probably should have mentioned that)
>>
I am playing in a gestalt game and thinking about going zealot/mystic to be a double initiator. As far as i can tell, mystic needs Wis more than zealot needs cha, so going 18 wisdom, 14 charisma should be alright, right?

It'd be the first time i'd played either class. I usually go stalker.
>>
>>47336701

In that case, is there a reason you're not taking the Bones mystery? It gives you the exact same ability.
>>
>>47336752
Is there a particular role you're trying to fill?

It strikes me that being a full caster/full initiator of the same modifer would be more flexible, unless you were going for a particular build.

IE: Oracle + Warlord
Or Cleric + Stalker
>>
>>47336701
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/oracle/mysteries/paizo---oracle-mysteries/bones
>>
>>47336792
>>47336799
Party didn't have a knowledge skill monkey so I thought to go Lore Mystery with Ancient Lorekeeper. I thought this might work since I can at least take the Command Undead Spell (Wiz/Sorc only but Ancient Lore gives some spells from there). I just wanted to see if I could also grab the feat some how.
>>
>>47336866

You can get a familiar solely through feats, and you can give that familiar the Sage archetype. You can then take the Bones mystery.
>>
Is there any way to change the material that an existing weapon is made of?
>>
>>47336999

There's a 3PP magus arcana that temporarily does this:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/magus-arcana/magus-arcana---paizo-fans-united/philosopher-s-alloy-su

In general, though, you should have a golf bag full of different weapon types by the time you really need help overcoming enemy DR.
>>
>>47337087
I was thinking as much but one of our party members is going to be obsessed with his sword so swapping it out won't be an option. Looks like he'll have to punch through DR although my main goal was to make it harder to break with adamantine on top of being magic.
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67 KB, 500x550
Assuming the campaign is one of those solo deals where the DM handles four PCs doing their own thing and occasionally hearing of the exploits of the other (or crossing paths) with the entirety of Golarion as their sandbox, what are some particularly juicy character concepts you'd suggest?

Right now I've got "gangster that eventually turns into criminal mastermind from Oppara" or "Molthunian Soldier with a boner for murder that eventually becomes a commander of the Nirmathas invasion, gradually settling in as a Count/Duke of the conquered territories."
>>
Are there any ways to pick up bombs without being an alchemist?
>>
>>47336999

I'd allow limited wish to do it.
>>
>>47336953
Damn this seems perfect, sadly my DM only allows the books listed on the Pazio SRD. Guess I will start begging but thanks for the idea.
>>
File: 1441767880107.png (147 KB, 1655x1132) Image search: [Google]
1441767880107.png
147 KB, 1655x1132
>>47337404
A country of soldiers, for soldiers...

You're all diamonds.
>>
Is there anyway to get access to Wildshape earlier than 4th level?
>>
When Harrow Medium?

Lie to me if you have to. The pain is unbearable.
>>
>>47337729
Isn't Wild Shape just equivalent to some mutagen or another?
>>
>>47337970
If anything it would be the other way around. Druid has been around for much longer than Alchemist.
>>
>>47337970
Beastmorph alchemist gets access to mutagen that functions as Beast Shape I if that's what you mean, but only at level 6.
>>
>>47337946

The day when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day!
>>
File: 1422751517955.png (984 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1422751517955.png
984 KB, 3000x3000
>>47337664
Awesome party.
>>
>>47337970
Wildshape is now borken into the Beast/Elemental/Plant Shape spells.

It's been incredibly nerfed.
>>
I'm in a hurry, so this'll be quick.

I made a level fifteen Hungry Ghost/Ironskin Monk for a one-off, specializing in throttling and knocking people down. He is amazingly hard to put down on a test play with a friend.

Hungry Ghosts get Punishing Kick, which increases in distance as you level up. At fifteen, it's a fifteen-foot strong Sparta kick.

If I were to trip someone, can I use PK as an attack of opportunity from Vicious Stomp? If so, do they provoke further attacks of opportunity when they pass by other players? Can I PK someone straight upwards at the end of a flurry, so they get fall damage?
>>
>>47339238
Yes, no, no. From the text of the feat:
>This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and the target must end this move in a safe space it can stand in.
>>
>>47339306
Aside from attacks of opportunity, it doesn't say anything about what happens along the way. What if I kick him through a wall of fire, with a safe spot past it? Can I kick him off a cliff, if the bottom of the cliff is safe?

Although I'm guessing that'd be up to DM discretion.
>>
>>47339453
First one maybe works RaW, last one doesn't. You're only moving them 15 feet, and they've still gotta end up somewhere they're standing. Kicking them off a cliff they're either gonna be in the air before falling, in which case that's illegal, or they're moved more than 15 feet, which also doesn't work.
>>
>>47339497
Hrmm, fair enough. One last question. Say I get grappled by a big guy, and I PK him. Would that break the grapple, or would I be dragged along with him?
>>
>>47339700
It'd break it, since he's no longer in a valid position to continue grappling.
>>
>>47339858
Perfect. Thanks, dude.
>>
Is there any mundane way to boost Perform (Oratory) like a masterwork instrument does?
>>
>>47331571
>It's where we got That Damn Crab from back in 3.5

What is "That Damn Crab" in 3.5? The CrabMech from Monster Manual 3 that wizards can pilot and shoot spells out of?
>>
>>47340107
Monstrous Crab.
66HP, 19 AC, and average DPR of over 30 at CR 3, coupled with a move speed exceeding most PC's by then.
>>
>>47340107
>>47340130
Oh and 10ft reach just to rub it in.
>>
>>47340107
>>47340130
>>47340163
Don't forget it had a grapple mod of +19 and the Grab quality and the tactics section said it likes to drag people it grabs underwater and fight them there.
>>
Hey /pfg/, you're smart, help me out with this:

Is there any way for a Reliquarian Occultist to have an Animal Companion at 2nd level? I know there's approximately ten thousand ways to have a Familiar by then, and the Animal, Scalykind, and Saurian domains will grant one at 4th, but I kind of want it now.
>>
File: damn_crab.png (348 KB, 1262x1440) Image search: [Google]
damn_crab.png
348 KB, 1262x1440
>>47340107
Feast your eyes on a walking TPK waiting to happen. This was posted as part of a series of online supplements on WotC's website that featured monsters and stuff from various locales.

So, as a vermin, it's already to straight up immune to most of the standard low level shenanigans like Sleep and Color Spray to deal with brutes. Hope your wizard picked Glitterdust for his 2nd level spell or else you're pretty much fucked, because this thing is going to outthreat you with it's 40' move speed and reach, or just pop out of the water and go to town. Once it's grabbed two people (which it will, with Improved Grab and it's fuckheug grapple modifier) it's going to scuttle back into the water. If the constrict damage doesn't kill it's grappled targets (which it will, in only a few rounds), then they'll just start drowning to death. Not many level 3 parties really have any ways to aquatically fight, so by that point your best bet is to leave your party members for dead and run the fuck away before it finishes them off and comes for you.
>>
>>47340268
I was just talking with my GM about that earlier today.

Needless to say, we're both glad that doesn't happen with PF's Monstrous Crab.
>>
>>47340308
Oh, and I see I forgot the constrict damage. Because it needed that.
>>
>>47340308
Fuck, I forgot it gets to construct on the same round it grabs too, so that's probably going to drop whoever it hits unless they're a beefy fighter type.

Fuck.
>>
>>47340298
Take boon companion on top of animal domain and try to convince your GM it works that way.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.