[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rifts Savage Worlds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: rifts_savage_worlds.jpg (155 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
rifts_savage_worlds.jpg
155 KB, 680x383
Kickstarter ends in about 24 hours. We're way past any interesting stretch goals so I'm not shilling here. Anyone else pledge? What are you hoping to see?

Personally, I'm a little worried that the conversion rules will be a straight across the board conversion, which would suck due to a lot of shit having power levels not at all where they should be from the fluff.

Also, the whole Tomorrow Legion stuff seems like too much of a railroad of the players into being the good guys. I always saw the stereotypical Rifts campaign as the players being murderhobos who fall into fighting the bad guys on their own without needing some NPC leader doling out missions. Hopefully that bit can be ditched.

Anyway, I'm glad Rifts is finally getting a system that doesn't play like a halfassed 1e AD&D.
>>
>>47324477
Fuck Siembieda, fuck him in his lying ass. He can eat my shit, then shit out my shit, then eat his shit that is made up of my shit. I will pirate the hell out of it to avoid giving him even a single one of my jewgolds.
>>
>>47324647
This is Pinnacle running the Kickstarter, not Siembieda. So it will actually deliver.

Also, Shane Hensley is just as opinionated and pushy as Siembedia so he'll probably push back if Kevin starts flailing around like a retard again.
>>
>>47324779
Either way, Kevin is getting paid from that. So fuck it. I really hope it comes out a backer ran his ass down, he deserved it.
>>
>>47324477
I agree that The Tomorrow Legion does nothing for me as a faction in the game, but it works as a generic organizing topic for statting out classic adventurer OCCs. I doubt its role will be anything that can't easily be dropped from any given game.
>>
File: Massive Effect.jpg (62 KB, 625x419) Image search: [Google]
Massive Effect.jpg
62 KB, 625x419
I hope the conversion rules let me put together a Savage Phase World game fairly quickly.
>>
>>47324849
>a generic organizing topic for statting out classic adventurer OCCs
wasn't that the whole point of the Mercenary book and Merctown?
>>
>>47324874
Well, my main concern is shit like the mechs in Triax and the NGR being underpowered compared to their fluff description. The main gun on the Devastator is twenty feet long and only does 1d6x10.

Some of the other superweapon mechs (Like the moon's Dragon mech in Mutants in Orbit) are similarly underpowered.
>>
>>47325474
doesn't it have a really long range though? and for the mutants in orbit 'bots they did damage similar to a boom gun
the main thing you should consider with robots is the number of pilots it has
the giant robot usually gets a number of attacks equal to their total combined melee actions
>>
File: nope.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
They could not possibly have chosen a worse system to reboot Rifts than Savage Worlds. I mean, it's hard to pick a system worse than Savage Worlds in the first place. In terms of generic systems there are FAR better options: GURPS, Cortex, and FATE, to name a few.

Savage Worlds takes a decent core mechanic and lumps on a shitty wild die that is arbitrarily assigned because "muh plot" and fills the character with bennies that require the player to know all of their uses to use effectively. Not to mention, Benny effectiveness is heavily dependent on session length, so if you don't play the recommended 4 to 6 hours the game becomes wildly unbalanced.

The game is full of garbage trap options like in 3.5, the chargen is basically minmaxing Flaws like in GURPS except worse, shotguns are brokenly powerful giving a flat +2 to hit which in this system is basically only missing on a 1. They also do broken-ass damage because of exploding dice. The exploding dice also turn combat into a slogfest occasionally punctuated by someone actually dying; usually from a fucking ridiculous amount of damage.

I played Savage Worlds for a good three years now. Never will play it again, it is an arsed system that is half narrative bullshit, half autistic wargame, and entirely terrible.
>>
File: Virt Permaban.png (30 KB, 1327x257) Image search: [Google]
Virt Permaban.png
30 KB, 1327x257
>>47327368
Hi Virt, how's banned life treating you?
>>
>>47327434

Did you reply to the wrong post? I don't see how that has anything to do with what I said....

Do you have something to offer in defense of Savage Worlds? All it really does well is low-bookeeping combat, which is ruined by the lack of meaty encuonter material as well as the fact that giant monsters can't be worn down without waiting for one person to roll six 8s in a row to kill something.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.