[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever been to Hell in any of your games? Playing the new Doom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: doom-uac-helmet.jpg (108 KB, 515x315) Image search: [Google]
doom-uac-helmet.jpg
108 KB, 515x315
Ever been to Hell in any of your games? Playing the new Doom game made me wonder all the hopping between hell and back made me wonder how often did other people's PC's went to Hell.

What was your purpose in Hell? What did you find? Did all of your party survive? I don't mean the traditional Christian Hell, but really anything in your game's setting that may as well be called Hell.
>>
>>47324209

Well I play geist, so going to hell is kinda a thing.
>>
I'm considering having the Empress that is the current vessel of the world's goddess send the players to hell but I'm not sure why she would yet.

Maybe she's sick of their murdering and attempted rapes.
>>
File: Idea_of_Evil.jpg (368 KB, 1249x684) Image search: [Google]
Idea_of_Evil.jpg
368 KB, 1249x684
>>47324209
>Entire party is wiped in a moderately difficult encounter due to a series of bad rolls
>DM tries to deus ex machina to keep the game rolling, but we all accept certain death, and have some fun with it too
>Next week, told by DM to bring blank character sheets, and old ones too.
>Surprise reboot of campaign with our disembodied souls in a less chaotic but still dangerous hell, the ego projecting a sort of "physical" construction like the matrix
>We are all neutral or evil now, since going to hell has changed the nature of our souls
>Get to play around with stats a bit, everyone loving the shit out of the new feats, traits and rules from being in principle immaterial beings
>Lots of fun slaying demons, toppling devil empires through intrigue, being murder-hobos in hell, and investigating "good" cults at the local imp tavern (literally reverse cult of evils etc)
>Eventually reach the super BBEG at the lowest depths of hell
>It's like the "idea of evil" in Berserk, the DM admitted to borrowing it, and we all liked it
>Offer us a chance of being reborn if we agree to further its incomprehensible agenda by manipulating the strands of fate
>super excited for next week but
>out of nowhere DM leaves because his family moves away, never said anything
>tfw he left a note saying "the life you live now, is the life you bargained for"
>tfw he went full meta in the end
>tfw i will never have such a good campaign ever again
>>
In Rogue Trader you're always one gellar field failure away from going to hell, and I've played through a few of those. The crew overall usually doesn't end up so great afterwards, but the PCs have pretty much always made it out with only minor mental trauma and corruption
>>
File: track-2.jpg (169 KB, 1584x1224) Image search: [Google]
track-2.jpg
169 KB, 1584x1224
>>47324209
The BBEG of my capeshit setting has created a Utopian society based off the model of "hell" in the literal biblical sense; which isn't a place of fire and brimstone, but rather a complete separation from God.

He's one of the best characters in the setting.
>>
This happened to me three times
>>
>Pathfinder

Personally I have trouble visualising what the abyss is actually like. I get that there are 666 layers, but are they continuous in space? Does each one have a roof/floor? Is each one infinite? I've heard that the abyss is infinite.

Does anyone know of books or lore to read that would help me visualise what hell/the abyss/abaddon is actually like?
>>
Planning on starting a Planescape game soon, so the party will likely eventually go to hell at some point.
>>
>>47324632
That sounds pretty amazing, shame it ended. Or was it?????

Although, how did you stop getting collected by the devil torture squad? I can imagine that a few newly arrived souls would be ripe for the taking and putting in the souls-to-agony-to-energy machine.
>>
>>47324209
We got sent to find Thor's hammer so he can use it in a cricket match against Odin. Turns out that our DM's mix of Loki and satan named Inarum stole it for the lolz. We travel to a giant pit in the ground where hordes of demons and devils poured out during the apocalypse about four years ago in game. As long as we believe in a god strongly enough we will not splat on the way down. My character almost splats because he's been having a crisis of belief (his god was killed by Inarum seven years back). Only makes it down by declaring faith in another god.

We start fighting through creatures and eventually realize two things: (1)We're following a series of rooms, which means someone was expecting visitors. (2)We're being watched.

Turns out Inarum saw us coming and set up trials in our way. He's simultaneous the most chill god and biggest jerk we've met in this campaign. He doesn't care if we insult him, patronized him, give him advice, or generally disrespect and curse him. Still stole our lunch every single time. That and the troll with plate armor and a greatsword, both magic of course, guarding a three space wide bridge. And the room of groping hands, the room of one hit KO fists, the room of blood sacrifice, the room of making the LG characters who are married whip each other, the room with an infinite pit that was actually covered in an invisible forcewall jklolfooledyouallsuckers, room with several devils listening to "Vitas - 7th Element" at max volume and Several puzzle rooms with save or die choices.

One of our most hated enemies being tortured (we freed him to demand information and he bolted when we ran into a dragon after facing all the trials). There was also an armory full of cursed weapons Our party is terrified of cursed weapons after an incident a while ago. Never again., a room of infinitely stacking slowness, and an old boss that nearly one-shot our NPC tag-along.

Overall it was fun.
>>
Played a few sessions of a homebrew constructed from All Flesh Must Be Eaten. Hell was invading Earth, or another version of hell or there was a civil war in hell. Whatever, it was pretty dope.
I was a cyborg who was like 98% machine, along with a technomancer, a wizard, a super solider and maybe a elephant man?
I killed two giant hell-worms with a giant plasma cannon, cut another in half with a chain-claymore, punched some demon's heads off.
A highlight was when we got to Dis, or Pandemonium, a big hell-city. We spent the night and realized all but one of us had taken the "Nightmares: Extreme" drawback. Cue terrifying nightmares, causing my cyborg to have a seizure (fixed by instructing his room-mate how to reset his brain) and Elephant-Mna to attack HIS room-mate, before jumping out of a window and running off into the streets.
>>
I DM'd once in a planescape-esq game, where the players went to hell. The first two layers despite being horrifying and having blood fountains and corpse-decoration in places, are completely harmless. The Hell Tourist Board makes sure of that. Devils are always courteous, polite, and civil to visitors, taking care to direct them to the proper authority or official to allow them to complete their stay in a timely manner. Accommodations are made for those who have to stay longer, and all are welcome so long as they abide by the laws of Hell.

All contracts are final, and there are NO refunds.
>>
honest to god I was thinking of writing a doom/5e crossover before I even knew the new game was a thing
>>
>>47324209
I went hell once. The geller fields failed. My guardsman is currently somewhere in Tau space wrecking the space-commies in close combat trying to sate his ever growing bloodlust that he got courtesy of a Khornate deamons while trying to stay as far away from the Imperium.
He doesn't know that he's been "marked" by a deamon for possesion and is being convinced to completely fall to chaos. His sanity is somewhere around an ork warboss. Needless to say, this guardsman is a lost cause. (This is post-campaign btw)
>>
>>47324209
I fucking loved the opening of the remake. Doomguy sealed in a warded sarcophagus, as a force of destruction more dangerous than all the forces of Hell should be. Then it's straight to shooting fuckers and busting heads, and when someone tries to spout exposition at you Doomguy punches the comms panel into smoking silence.
>>
>>47327941
they definitely captured the Rip And Tear side of things
>>
>>47326773

The original Doom was based on one of John's DnD games where the game ended with a demonic invasion.

Doom 1 and 2 were probably him ripping those demons to shreds.
>>
No, but I'm eventually doing the opposite to my campaign, sending my players up to meet the gods. All but one, anyway.

All of the gods are going to be nearly powerless. They have a chance to kill the gods.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.