[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system would you pick to run a game about sneaking, backstabbing,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (25 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
25 KB, 460x215
What system would you pick to run a game about sneaking, backstabbing, and overall being a shady bastard?
>>
>>47321014
DCC RPG with an all Thieves party.
It's probably the only RPG, and surprisingly enough in a D&D-inspired game, where the Thief's skills didn't make me outright angry.
>>
GURPS
>>
GURPS, we are doing exactly this
>>
Probably Fate Accelerated, using the Leverage-style heist rules and the Assassin's Creed-inspired infiltration rules (both from the Fate codex).
>>
Maid
>>
>>47321168
Can you share what you´re using? I´ve never messed much with GURPS and it kinda intimidates me
>>
>>47321014
Best game of my fucking life.
>>
>>47321014
I hear good things about Blades in the Dark
>>
>>47321014

>Implying Garrett ever backstabbed anyone, literally or figuratively

Keepers don't count. All he did was quit their stupid club
>>
>>47325273

Funny because he is the one true Keeper.
>>
File: Theif- The Role Playing Game.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Theif- The Role Playing Game.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47321014
Here you go. Theif: The RPG

Though really, its about tangible risk and reward If there is an excuse to power through it, PC's will. If you make them use other options through the need to avoid risk, and your provide a reward for such fuckery, it makes itself happen.

The latest Thief game gives some good insight to this. He actually has a convo with an associate about the avoidance of risk, and hows he's a thief, not an assassin.

Also, the Gentleman Bastard series by Scott Lynch (Lies of Locke Lemora, The City of Thieves, etc) is a fucking amazing series following a troupe of professional thieves and conmen in a fantasy Not!Renaissance Italy.
>>
File: Afuckinglamppost.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Afuckinglamppost.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
>>47325501
HOly SHIT fucking great.

Its true... /tg/ is good again?
>>
>>47323760
Not him, but Dungeon Fantasy for its many options and Tactical Shooting for using smokescreens and such works very well. It really is a versatile system with overall well done stealth mechanics.
>>
>>47325501
>He actually has a convo with an associate about the avoidance of risk, and hows he's a thief, not an assassin.

He's been saying "I'm a thief, not a murderer" since the first game m8. It's basically his catchphrase
>>
>>47326113
>"Im not a murderer"
>*Stabs with sword*
>>
>>47326220

>killing anyone
>in a Thief game

The closest he comes to killing people is tricking the BBEGs into killing themselves (mussing with the Woodsie Lord's ritual, locking Karras' poison murder machines in their base before he can let them loose on the City)

The games even fail the mission on you if you kill anyone (aside from spirits, but that's not really killing since they're literally ghosts.)
>>
File: thief con2.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
thief con2.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>47326356
One could say that is pretty much canon Garrett, depends on the player sure, but from cutscenes alone you can tell he does not shy away from killing someone if its self defence, and Burricks and Undead turn Garrett into a D&D fighter\rogue.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.