[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best system to run a "Big Trouble in Little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What's the best system to run a "Big Trouble in Little China" game in?
>>
>>47319606
FENG SHUIIIIIIIII, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Seriously, guns + chinese magic + demons + an actual underworld.
>>
Upcoming Shadow of the Century game, fate core based, explicitly designed to replicate stuff like this, escape from LA, any big 80s action flicks. There are char sheets out there that are designed to be folded up and put into a cassette tape box like a song list, even.
>>
I would personally use GURPS, but I'm a giant GURPSfag and I already know how I would build and run it.

Most people would probably have the best results doing this in Savage Worlds or something.
>>
Feng Shui was explicitly made for this kind of game. I'd also consider Fate; the knife trick Burton pulls off at the end is like the definition of a stunt + a Fate point.
>>
>>47319606

Feng Shui or GURPS would be pretty good for it.
>>
Shadowrun'd also work fairly well.
>>
>>47319634
>>47319931
>>47320170
>Feng Shui

Feng Shui is absolute dogshit and has never been good.
>>
>>47319606

Maid - the player's master is the white guy who isn't the hero and everyone plays the far more badass and important chinese sidekicks.
>>
>>47324091
Here's your (You)
>>
>>47324109

That's a pretty hilarious idea.
>>
>>47324109
>Implying Jack isn't That Guy

Come on man
>Gets told the campaign will focus on mystic martial arts
>Makes a white trucker with no martial arts awareness or anything similar
>spends the entire campaign ignoring the actual problems and just trying to get his truck back
>during the final fight, he fires a few shots into the air, and the GM is so tired of his shit he has rocks fall on his head and knock him out for a few rounds, then just a bit later, has him get trapped under some dude for another few rounds
>kills the final boss purely by rolling a pair of 20s in a row and probably won't stop talking about it on /tg/
>>
>>47326084
Jack is actually funny though, which That Guy never is
>>
File: Hong_kong.png (2 MB, 1281x722) Image search: [Google]
Hong_kong.png
2 MB, 1281x722
>>47319606
>>47322877

Why not Shadowrun?
>>
Fiasco probably.

>everyone doing mdma in the elevator before the boss fight
>>
>>47329216
Too much tek.

>>47324091
I played feng shui with my group and we had fun.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.