[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Academics Make Theoretical Breakthrough in Random Number
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
>Academics Make Theoretical Breakthrough in Random Number Generation

https://threatpost.com/academics-make-theoretical-breakthrough-in-random-number-generation/118150/

IT'S HAPPENING
>>
>>47316840
D20 is getting shelved?
>>
and?
>>
>>47316869
If only we could be so lucky.
>>
>>47316874

RNG will soon be a thing of the past my friend.
>>
>>47316893
From what I understood, with my sleep deprived mind, is that RNGs are going to improve and become truly random or something close to it. RNGs will still be a thing
>>
>>47316916

Yes, but it will be fair RNG.
>>
>>47316918
You could have just used a higher quality random number generator anyway.
>>
>>47316918
Ah, fire emblem will never be the same
>>
Less predictable randomness =/= fairer randomness.

The reason why so much money is dumped into proper rngs in the study of cryptography is that if somebody can find a pattern in your random number generator that generates the keys to your encryption then they don't even have to bother trying to decrypt your text the hard way, it really has no effect on pnp rpgs.

Unless you play all of your games with cryptography experts using extremely fast measuring tools with them they won't be able to tell a dice roller using the system time from a dice roller using radio white noise.
>>
>>47317717
>Unless you play all of your games with cryptography experts using extremely fast measuring tools with them they won't be able to tell a dice roller using the system time from a dice roller using radio white noise.
Do you not?
>>
>>47317763
No, I stuff the dice up my ass, and shit it out to make roles. It's a uncomfortable and dangerous job, but I do it for the good of the table.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.