[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: Image.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
Manly Melee Men edition

>RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

>CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.wizards.com/
>Official search site. Current for all sets.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
>>
>>47298198
Is Godo natty?
>>
>>47298213
Yes

All that wargear is heavy
>>
File: 1463466022201.png (1 MB, 775x750) Image search: [Google]
1463466022201.png
1 MB, 775x750
Asking again for Glissa decklist from this Anon.
Would like to compare with mine, for reference:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glissas-robot-rock/
>>
>>47298198
With all the autistic rage about the game supporting too many colors, do you think monocolored needs some support? What's your favorite monocolored support card?
Mine is Caged Sun. It's the kind of giant effect I like to see in EDH, but it's fairly easy to remove.
>>
File: 9690_200w.jpg (24 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
9690_200w.jpg
24 KB, 200x285
>not posting the top-tier Manly Melee Man
>>
File: Jori.png (182 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Jori.png
182 KB, 265x370
/tg/, how do I build pic related?
>>
>>47298398

Work him in with the 2015 Commander sphinx and other cards that let you cycle your hand. Possibility Storm. Melek, Izzet Paragon. Cards that allow you to get two spells for one so you draw off of the first spell you cast.

Jam in your Rift Bolt, your Lightning Bolt, Manamorphose, shit with Flashback.
>>
>>47298273
I don't think monocolours need any support really, depending on what it actually means.
Black and red doesn't need enchantment removal, white doesn't need draw, et cetera.
>>
>>47298518
>not reading the cards
You don't get cards off melek triggers.
Or do you not know how copying works?
>>
>>47298518
>>47298568
Oh, and you can't play Manamorphose with Jori En.
Either you don't know rules of EDH or you're retarded.
>>
>>47298398
Lots of cantrips and stuff which says 'draw a card'
Stuff with Flashback.
Some of those blue spells that untap lands - frantic search, snap, rewind etc.
Twincast/reverberate/reiterate/quicken and other shenanigans of that sort
>>
File: 1-TLCH-COLOR.jpg (12 KB, 218x227) Image search: [Google]
1-TLCH-COLOR.jpg
12 KB, 218x227
Does anything set your commander apart from your 99?

Different sleeves? Top loaders? Foil/promo?

I go for foil/promo versions of my commander with top loaders that match my sleeve colors
>>
>>47298753
What's the best deck box to hold a deck or few cards that are in top loader sleeves?
>>
>>47298753
I usually play with a different sleeve. Even when I play with my wife.
We play without tuck rule, but we shuffle blind when commander is tucked.
>>
>>47298698
Should I go for combo win or some evasive beaters?
>>
>>47298942
Depends on what you want to do. If you're gonna max efficiency, you're gonna switch commanders. Melek is much better in combo.
>>
>>47298235
Not that anon but you can peruse mine if you like.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/glissa-undieing-engines/
>>
What are some saucy black utility creatures? I'm genuinely considering Carrion Beetles.
>>
>>47299205
I like Vampire Hexmage personally.
>>
>>47298753
Same color sleeve in a toploader, mostly because of how tuck was, but I continued because it just werks
>>
>>47298753
Gold sleeve.
>>
>>47298753
I always go for a foil/promo version of my Commander. Same color sleeves, always double sleeved no matter how sleeved up the 99 is.

Maybe one day I'll get Elesh Norn in Phyrexian, but I'll settle for a measly foil for her deck for now.
I'm planning on making Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind. This means I have to get the foil full-art promo version of him which costs quite a bit. Also the fullart promo versions of Melek and Jori En since they'll be in the 99.

In fact, I tend to get most legendary creatures in foil for my commander decks, perhaps just in case I decide to use them as a commander one day.
>>
>>47298753
>Different sleeves?
Yes. All my decks have different solid colour sleeves, but my commanders are all in nicer double sleeves that my friend had a few extras of.
>>
>>47298227
UuuU
>>
>>47300200
Fuck off
>>
Fun with reanimation! Who here also plays reanimater?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/all-smiles-3/
>>
>>47298198
For the 4 Color commanders, any guesses to how they will play out?

4 colors in the casting cost
1-3 colors in the casting cost with abilities finishing it up
Double faced cards with 2 colors on each side
>>
>>47300500
I doubt it will be double faced two colors, but that could be fun!

I'm guessing the 1-2 casting with multiple abilities, one for each missing color, or hybrid costs like the Fate Reforged Khans

Does anyone else think they will include a reprint of the nephilims? Just finally make them actual legendary creatures
>>
>>47300500
I don't think they'll cop out on a genuine 4 color cycle of creatures, but the extra commanders included might end up being monocolor with a three color activated ability.

Probably shiny and new method, they'll just make some random new mechanic for each general and then assign that mechanic to that color combination. Hopefully that over keyword soup.
>>
>>47300500
>4 colors in the casting cost
>1-3 colors in the casting cost with abilities finishing it up
These two. One for each.
>>
>>47300500
I hope they cost 2 hybrid mana plus some colourless to cast and the other 2 colours are used in an activated ability that costs hybrid mana to use, like that cycle from fate reforged
>>
How well does gitrog monster work with tasigur? I have deadbridge chant and crucible in deck if it matters
>>
>>47300890

MaRo mentioned that they found a way to make 4color commanders worked, so I assumed it was going to be more then 4 color creature with keyword soup.

I honestly dont like the nephilim and I dont think their abilities really showcase the fact they are 4 colors.
>>
>>47298398
Blitz. Run all the prowess-esque dudes (Nivix Cyclops, Wee Dragonauts, etc), tons of cheap evasion and pumps that often replace themselves (Shadow Rift, Slip Through Space, etc) and a splash of equipment for a voltron route (Empyrial Plate, Runechanter's Pike, etc).
>>
>>47301682
>dont think their abilities really showcase the fact they are 4 colors.
I agree, but I also think some three color cards are guilty of this as well, and they're praised endlessly. The entire Tarkir block is a giant shitshow of "when in doubt add more colors." Alara isn't much better.
>>
>>47301997
What they need to do is not focus on entire blocks and give us one or two 3-color legendaries when they have good idea for them, then kick Maro in the dick when he says it needs to be a cycle.
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/intet-dreaming-of-fun/

Not my deck but holy shit, tell me this doesnt look like it's an absolute blast to pilot.
>>
>>47301997
oh got any good examples?

I thought Khans dealt with wedges fairly well
>>
Wasn't there a vanilla mythic on its way?
What it's one of the 4-color commanders?
>>
File: 107.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>47302182
I hope not, they already made a 5-color vanilla that it'd have to compete with, and a legendary vanilla outside of Legends sounds horrifying.
>>
>>47302250
But that's an uncommon.
What if it's a WRBG 12/12? That's mythic enough. Mythic enough to be legendary, if you ask me.
>>
>>47298753
I have foil commanders, where able, and they're double sleeved in radically different sleeves than the deck itself, just so I don't get confused and shuffle them in on accident one day.
>>
>>47302174
Bear's companion. Why that isn't monogreen I have no idea.
>>
>>47302322
thats a great point.
There is zero U/R effects in there.
>>
>>47301997
That problem is exactly why Tarkir only bothered with wedges for just one set. That said, the same goes for Alara: Conflux was mostly about 5 colors, while Alara Reborn was mostly about two-colored cards (because that's the easiest way to fill the entire set with gold cards).
>>
>>47302322
>Bear's companion
Jesus Christ that's embarrassing.
>>
>>47302269
WG
7/7
Legendary
Please?
>>
>>47302322
The official justification comes down to it having a strong Temur feel, and Temur is the RUG faction. Still better than Firefield Ogre.
>>
>>47302322
A lot of the Tarkir cards are triple colored for no reason other than flavor.
>>
File: 1403039043490.png (124 KB, 283x300) Image search: [Google]
1403039043490.png
124 KB, 283x300
>>47298598

Welcome to /edh/, where retards come to get deck advice and compare gatherer images with other retards.
>>
>>47302475
Wizards isn't always right. And I think monocolored members of multicolored factions is really neat.
As for your card, it's not as bad since it's easily both red and black. But you're right in that it's 100% not blue.
>>
>>47302269
No, that would be absolutely wrecking in eternal formats and the meme formats too if they're printed there.
>>
>>47302716
>meme formats
Not only does that not mean anything, it also doesn't actually impart which formats you're talking about
>>
>>47302871
Standard and Modern of course. I wanna get into the cool train with the other memester kids
>>
>>47302269
I was gonna say make it WWBBGGRR but in no way they can fit a legend's name and that cost in the card.
>>
>>47301682
>>47301997
Shiny and New, man. If a mechanic is completely new, you can assign it to whatever color combination you want.

Still pissed about Exalted.
>>
>>47299205
Pawn of Ulamog is great
>>
File: 93.jpg (52 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
93.jpg
52 KB, 312x445
>>47299205
Awesome art and flavor as well.
>>
>>47303522
>that ability

If it didn't have that jank frame I'd totally play that
>>
>>47303522
So many people I know get confused by how this ability works. It is so cool.

I'll be honest, I don't know off hand how it affects CDAs.
>>
File: 7.jpg (57 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
57 KB, 312x445
>>47303579
>>
>>47300622

I think the chances of the nephilim becoming legendary are 0-1%

But the chances of them being reprinted are in the decks are 90-100%
>>
Meren or Karador?
>>
>>47303672
Depends on what you want to do. Probably Karador though.
>>
>>47303069
y u mad about Exalted
>>
>>47303809
Shit ain't blue. Much like the stuff we are currently bitching about, it was a mechanic that was created and assigned to a faction purely for the sake of that faction having a mechanic.
>>
>>47303855

?? dude wtf

exalted is hella flavorful for bant

its like you dont even read the lore articles
>>
>>47303855
Well, to be honest, a lot of blue decks don't attack with more than one creature, so Exalted makes sense in blue. That said, most of Exalted cards are creatures, but leaving most of them on the defensive while attacking with a single finisher still feels blue.
>>
>>47303906
I think they mean that it doesn't feel right mechanically in blue
>>
>>47303906
I am a mechanics sort of guy. Inform me, using only game rules, why the mechanic of "whenever a creature attacks alone, give that creature +1/+1" is Blue. What makes it blue?

In terms of flavor, then the guy who summons a big bear is also perfectly RUG, since the guy is clearly a logical, wise shaman person.
>>
>>47303938
Sure, but if you are willing to stretch that shit that far, by that argument, you can also say Ferocious is a very appropriate RUG mechanic because Blue gets huge Leviathans and Sphinxes.
>>
>>47303992
It doesn't feel like that big of a stretch to me, but then again, I don't mind Ferocious in blue for the exact reason you mentioned. Hell, blue has the second biggest creatures at common most of the time.
>>
>>47303966
>In terms of flavor, then the guy who summons a big bear is also perfectly RUG, since the guy is clearly a logical, wise shaman person.

Nothing about the game rules says anything about the color pie - what colors are allowed to do what.
>>
>>47304038
I just really like Black Exalted and got into tons of arguments about it, just because the mechanic has a stupid name.

Like Bushido, it is a great generic mechanic that is soiled by a dumb flavorful name.

You know, red had the most "attacks alone" effects before Alara.
>>
>>47303966

>I am a mechanics sort of guy. Inform me, using only game rules, why the mechanic of "whenever a creature attacks alone, give that creature +1/+1" is Blue. What makes it blue?

you have flawed premises here, what makes something blue? thats a flavor question. the mechanics of a color are always nebulous and subject to evolution and distortion, but the flavor of the color pie, thats the real essence

just because blue doesnt normally deal with +1/+1 effects doesnt mean it cant dabble if the flavor calls for it

furthermore, you obviously dont understand how multicolor identities work. if something is both blue AND white, and fits both colors mechanically and flavorfully, then its a HYBRID identity

multicolored identities work differently, they have pieces of the different colors combined in unique ways as well as, and this is the key, their own identity that cant be described as the sum of the colors in that combination

there are only 2 mono blue exalted cards in all of magic, and the reason they exist is to support the Bant identity, not to extend blue as a color permanently into the realm of +1/+1 effects
>>
>>47303906
Flavourful? maybe.
Blue? no
Interesting? kek
>>
File: frontline sage.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
frontline sage.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
behold one of only TWO mono blue exalted cards in all of magic

this is the color pie disaster you are so upset about

and what do you know, the flavor is perfect, it feels blue, but more importantly it feels bant

the reason this card has exalted is because the different aspects of bant society all aid each other, the blue commanders and strategists aid the brave white knights in defending Bant
>>
>>47303966
I'm a flavor guy, but I'm 100% in agreement. And if they're going to cite flavor as the sole reason for bending the color pie, how come it's always blue getting new mechanics and never the other colors?
>>
>>47303579
>not liking the future frame
>>
File: 108.jpg (71 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
108.jpg
71 KB, 312x445
>>47304142
>>47304078
There are 3 mono-blue Exalted cards, though.

And I think his point comes more to the cards that have blue in their casting costs simply because they have Exalted. Pic related: Exalted is the only reason it has all three Bant colors.
>>
>>47304218
Yes, that's a purely white ability. It makes no sense in a green or blue card.
>>
>>47304168

well thats easy to answer, blue has the most flexible flavor, being the color of manipulating space and time, as well as illusions and manipulating perception, so there's really no limit to what "knowledge and ingenuity" can accomplish

also theres no moral alignment bias like for black or white/green, blue can do whatever, the most evil to the most noble

however the other colors still get new mechanics, white and red get a lot of unique hate effects, black and green have dredge for chirst's sake, the most revolutionary new mechanic of all

i mean realistically magic hasnt changed THAT much since it began, in terms of "new mechanics"
>>
>>47304243
>>47304218

i dont consider a card with a white activated ability to be mono blue

however, regardless

you are both forgetting that magic cards do not exist in a vacuum

perhaps in a different set, giltspire avenger's color doesnt make sense

but when he's avenging Bant society, which is made of up green white and blue parts in differing roles, and hes taking part in the exalted power sharing effect, which consists of other green white and blue creatures and permanents, his color makes more sense

its like you people want every WGU card to be Flying, trample, vigilance
>>
>>47304321

Add red, give it haste, and BAM one shitty commander down
>>
>>47304268
>dredge for chirst's sake, the most revolutionary new mechanic of all

I don't think I could disagree any more with you. On like, every level. I don't care that manaless dredge is a weird deck, that doesn't mean shit for a mechanic.

Replacing a draw is pretty unique, but using free mill to do a bunch of graveyard effects isn't revolutionary by any means.
>>
>>47304321
>i dont consider a card with a white activated ability to be mono blue
An understandable misconception for an EDH thread. The fact that it has white in its activation cost doesn't mean you can't play it in a mono-blue deck in most formats out there. The fact that you get Exalted before you even pay white is what tells you that Exalted is fine on a blue card.

That said, I understand your point of view, since I did read the Tarkir and Alara design articles. It's just unfortunate that each time we get a three-colored card, it's either a Chinese menu design or a card that could easily have one or two less colors and still make sense.
>>
>>47304321
My comment was ironic, I think that card makes sense in the Bant context.
>>
>>47302914
Progenitus says hello
>>
>>47304374

dredge may not be crazy now that its become green black's identity but it was pretty crazy at the time

before that, graveyard mechanics were not as fleshed out, there was the odyssey block which was part 1, and then original ravnica which was part 2 of the graveyard's emergence

before those two blocks, filling your graveyard as a means of card advantage did not exist and its become one of the staples of magic as a whole

its unquestionably the most important mechanical development in magic history, theres no way to deny this unless you want to look at something like creatures with enters the battlefield triggers, that might be considered a mechanical development even though its an old effect
>>
>>47304330
Ugh, truly the laziest design. Red has some great evergreen keywords damnit, I wish Wizards would stop only using the worst one of them all.
>>
>>47304534

haste is like one of the best keywords though

unless you mean its the one you like the least

also

>red has some great keywords

like fuckin what? double strike?

red has the worst keywords outside of haste and double strike
>>
>>47304374

give an example of a revolutionary mechanic then
>>
>>47304534
>Prowess has been evergreened for 4 sets
>Barely any creatures with it, only two worth using in constructed are Abbot and Stormchaser Mage
Menace/Prowess beaters when?
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 312x445
>>47304321
I want WGU cards to be aspects of each color that synergize in some way to create an interesting whole. Not a white card with a few other colors added for flavor.

Here is a good three color card. It uses all three colors to achieve something.

Other good three color cards, Avalanche Tusker, Angus Mckenzie, Destructive Flow.

In Mark's Midas Touch article, he discusses the different ways to make multicolor:

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/midas-touch-2005-11-14

Venn Diagram and Shared Hobby are clearly the best design wise. Shiny and New works, but only if it follows mechanically, which Exalted just simply doesn't for blue.
>>
>>47304563
Trample and doublestrike. They're really good. Doublestrike gets ridiculous fast, probably why they never print it.
Haste is alright too, but I find I usually have redundancies of it. This is probably an EDH only problem now that I think about it, but in sixty card formats it still feels worthless. I find myself always wishing that the creature was a bit cheaper and I could have gotten it out a turn earlier instead. Creatures with haste = one free swing at the most before it gets answered.
>>
>>47304661

holy shit what?

drastic revelation could be mono red or blue red and nobody would bat an eye

avalanche tusker could be mono red, mono green, red green hybrid, theres nothing temur about it

angus mckenzie could be mono white or mono green

im not seeing any "synergizing" of the aspects of colors, all im seeing is "oh both his colors do a thing so he does that thing"

destructive flow is actually a good multicolor card though
>>
>>47304720

>Creatures with haste = one free swing at the most before it gets answered.

thats exactly why haste is one of the best mechanics

you realize that every other creature gets ZERO swings. one is a lot better than zero

hexproof is the only other ability that comes close and its costed more

notice that the best red creatures in modern, goblin guide and monastery swiftspear have haste?
>>
>>47304608
My guess would be Equip. Influences every set, created an entirely new niche for artifacts (admittedly taking a lot of it from enchantments).

Manifest genuinely surprised me mechanically, with sorceries and whatnot ending up on the battlefield, but I'll admit, most manifested things are just 2/2 tokens in practice. Same sort of thing with split cards, complicated rules wise, but ends up being just modular spells.

>>47304514
I don't know if I can believe that graveyard as resource was largely untredded waters given Yawgmoth's Will existed.
>>
>>47304661

exalted makes pefect sense for blue if you actually examine the damn cards

im beginning to think that youre just one of those babies that got molested by a blue player and now you have some sort of weird hardline stance on blue's color pie
>>
Land destruction did nothing wrong.
>>
>>47304661
I don't really see how the is black, Red has looting effects and Blue has draw but for this to be black it would need to cost less and have a life payment probably.
>>
>>47304826

its not that the graveyard was never a resource, its that the idea of building your deck around putting cards straight from the library into your graveyard was new

using the graveyard has always been a powerful black effect but the paradigm was black draws lots of cards, plays lots of cards, and doesnt mind sacrificing, discarding those cards or destroying them as collateral damage because they will reanimate them later
>>
>>47304890
Well, its not not-black. Black is pretty heavy into card draw, but discard at random isn't a black drawback, no.
>>
>>47304762
Really? Nothing Blue about making a creature block? Nothing at all? Even though they've printed a dozen cards in blue that force a creature to behave a certain way in combat, including cards that force creatures to block?

Blue has a billion -X/0 effects, which a Turn the Tide may not be a Fog mechanically, but it functions in largely the same manner. A WGU creature that fogs makes complete sense.

Drastic Revelation hits similar cards in each of those colors. Discarding your whole hand has been features on loads of black cards, including Ill Gotten Gains, much hated One with Nothing, Mindslicer. It also has historically been printed on loads of blue cards, like Windfall, Heightened Awareness. It also is on a lot of red cards, such as various wheels and Knollspine Dragon.

I'll admit, there's not a lot of Venn Diagram cards in three colors. But they can exist.
>>
>>47304793
>notice that the best red creatures in modern, goblin guide and monastery swiftspear have haste?
Because they have actual good abilities that haste supports. Even without haste they'd be decent cards. Other colors/cards don't need haste because their abilities support themselves sufficiently. By itself it is the most unreliable keyword, it's a crapshoot. The amount of scenarios in which haste is worthless greatly outnumbers the one and only scenario in which it's helpful.
Props to whoever designed it though, it perfectly exemplifies red. It's quick, it's careless, and it's extremely shortsighted and has no backup plans.
>>
>all this talk about exhalted
>I cracked this yesterday
How can I use it best? Infect? Some variety of commander overkill? I was thinking R/W haste flying fatties or something.
>>
>>47304953

?? goblin guide would be absolutely unplayable without haste

swiftspear would be outclassed by other prowess creatures

you are fucking retarded if you think haste isnt one of the most powerful keywords
>>
File: cathedral.jpg (10 KB, 178x248) Image search: [Google]
cathedral.jpg
10 KB, 178x248
>>47305007
>forgetting your image
Wow, classic. I'm sorry /tg/.
>>
>>47304845
That's not true. I for one, am not one of those assholes who complains about blue getting Polymorph effects. I love Blue having Prowess, it is incredibly blue and feels it. I firmly think that Snapcaster is in its appropriate colors, even if Recoup exists.

I just don't think shitty vanilla or utility dudes that pump your attacker feels very blue at all.

>>47304890
Discard your hand is classic black.

>>47304898
That's a good point. Admittedly, But just because a mechanic didn't hit competitive circuits didn't mean it wasn't known design wise. Think Tank and Cephalid Vandal existed, but you did mention Odyssey block, which was where those cards were printed so good point.
>>
>>47305016
This is an EDH thread, you know that right? Of course we are gonna have idiots who think Red and their mechanics suck just because they play a format where everyone starts at 40 life.
>>
>>47304947

ive never seen a blue card with provoke "force a creature to block this creature"

according to that very article you linked, drastic revelation is a disastrous attempt at a multicolor card because all the blue and black aspects of the card are already more common and more prominent in red

red has BY FAR the most discard your hand and draw more cards effects and it doesnt need any other colors to do so, so adding other colors is just for flavor

what do you fucking know

also its amazing to me that youre willing to stretch mechanics to defend angus mckenzie and drastic revelation but somehow blue is never ever ever allowed to have +1/+1 for any reason?
>>
>>47305016

Eh. Haste is one of the best supporting mechanics, but by itself, it's pretty weak.

Raging Goblin never sees play anymore even though its a 1/1 Haste for R. Swiftspear would see play without haste because it costs 1 mana.
>>
>>47305048
I just tossed one into my Zurgo deck, figured it couldn't hurt there.
>>
>>47304762
At least drastic revelation has all of it's colours represented in some way, even if those effects can be done by other colours.
>>
>>47305117

youre right that swiftspear would still see some play, because 1 drop prowess is really that good

the reason ragin goblin doesnt see play is that 1/1s are pretty much useless in combat, haste cant help a creature with no activated ability and no combat ability, ill give you that
>>
>>47305159

im not feeling any black or blue whatsoever in drastic revelation

just because the mechanic looks vaguely similar to windfall or jace's archivist doesnt mean it has anywhere close to the same flavor justification as those cards, nor do those cards really compensate for the complete and utter domination of red in regards to discarding your hand and drawing more cards
>>
>>47305196
Discarding cards is black. Drawing cards is blue. It could be mono-red. The real problem is with cards like Bear's Companion, that are simply only green, no blue or red at all.
>>
>>47303672
Karador does let you have white, but it makes you have to cast the creature, while Meren can do it for free. It depends on how much you value the ability to use white

I'm still going to say that my favorite reanimater is Alesha, list here
>>47300476
>>
File: fgydf.jpg (35 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
fgydf.jpg
35 KB, 223x310
post pet cards
>>
>>47305053

>Discard your hand is classic black

umm the key here is that black doesnt mind discarding cards

discarding your hand and drawing more is red, i dont care what i have, im going to gamble on whatever is next

when black discards cards its because a black mage doesnt care about impending madness, and the damage hes doing to his own mind, he'll give up everything for power

discarding your hand and drawing a new one is a direct violation of black flavor, it only comes up to my knowledge on very few cards and theres always a twist on it, dark deal is about the symmetry of it, neither of us get to have giant hands because i can do without. that new one that tutors is about sacrificing a lot to get a few specific things
>>
File: Nix.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Nix.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>47305263
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>47305263
I love this guy. If you make him hexproof you pretty much win in three turns.
>>
File: hellrider.jpg (50 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
hellrider.jpg
50 KB, 265x370
>>47305263
>>
>>47305105
Prowess is great. Favorable Winds is great. Disciple of the Ring? Perfect. Dethrone is an amazing UR mechanic. Pumping dudes is perfectly blue if they do it right.

As for Drastic, what are you even talking about:

>The big question is: how does using an ability found in both colors make an interesting multi-color card? The answer is that it has to do something better than either color would get alone. That could mean that the spell is cheaper than it would normally be. It could mean that the spell has some effect that is better than the mono-colored version. The key is that the card with both colors trumps any mono-colored card that does the same thing. Examples of this type of design from Ravnica are Boros Swiftblade, Glimpse the Unthinkable, Seeds of Strength, and Watchwolf.

The card fills the graveyard, draws, loots, triggers madness, does a billion things, all of which feel at home in those three colors.
>>
>>47305293
I have one of those, are there any spicy secret techs if I put him in a r/w deck? I figure Assemble the legion and secure the wastes are pretty good, but I'm unsure if there are any others.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>47305264
>>47305226
Really? Discarding your hand and drawing a new one isn't black or blue at all?

Behold the Beyond, Breakthrough, Dark Deal, Day's Undoing, Forgotten Creation, Ill Gotten Gains, Restless Dreams, Thought Gorger.

Hell, you could even make an argument that since going Hellbent is considered to be the most RB thing you can do, it makes sense that adding Blue would let you draw some cards on top.
>>
File: Image (1)_1.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1)_1.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47305323
I use him in a Naya tokens deck, http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/in-a-dragons-garden/

Some of the spicy token stuff also in there include a cryptolith rites, Lambholt elder, ivy lane denizen, Sigil captain, and a lightning volley

>>47305263
Another favorite for my Gisa deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-aint-saying-she-is-a-gravedigger/
>>
File: blindob.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
blindob.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>47305263
I'll put this in every white deck, absolutely love it.
>>
Anyway, which Nephalim feels most like its color combination?

My guess would be Dune Brood.
>>
>>47305425

i didnt say it wasnt blue at all, i said it was more prominently red

also theres a big difference between just discarding yourself and making the whole table wheel
>>
>>47305425

in what way is a wheel "going hellbent"

that my point in all this, black's discard is about actually giving up cards, not looting except in rare cases

also day's undoing is more of a "go back to the beginning" card, rather than a discard effect, the result is similar but the flavor is different
>>
>>47305516
True. But I would say making the whole table wheel is much more Red, since it classically has the most true Wheel effects. Doing it just to yourself feels more black and blue to me. Though, admittedly, they printed Whispering Madness recently (windfall, but similar).

Anyway, I got heated for no real reason. People have different views on the color pie, I just find the need to make everything into a faction a bit of a frustrating trend in MtG design. I suppose it has to do with their push for simplifying limited, which I admittedly like. But I liked stuff like Landfall which appears in all colors.

I really like Exalted to be honest. That's probably why I argued this long. And that Exalted Looter does feel very very blue to me. I feel Exalted could genuinely be a mechanic in all colors, much the same way Landfall or Retrace is.
>>
>>47305588

i agree completely

i got heated because i really enjoyed alara and i get defensive when people talk aobut how it was badly designed or the color pie is all wrong

i like color pie stretching in general, to be honest, i think thats why i prefer blue exalted to a grixis wheel effect

when all the colors can already do something, it doesnt interest me too much to see the multicolor version, whereas its very interesting to see the influence of one color expanding the horizons of another color, so to speak
>>
File: rav.jpg (467 KB, 1280x935) Image search: [Google]
rav.jpg
467 KB, 1280x935
Which 2C commander will be good for extreme budget deck (max 0,50$ per card except commander card)? Was thinking about Karametra and everything triggered by playing lands or RW soldiers
>>
>>47305718

really cheap junk commons,etc is the most supported deck type

you can pick any color because playable 25 cent cards come in every color
>>
>>47305639
Alara has a lot of great stuff in it.

And that makes sense, I am a bit of a stickler for the color pie. It is bad because I only play EDH, which the color pie isn't designed to handle (come on, red, you have direct damage, you don't need disenchants, your noncreature removal is killing a player, what do you mean there's 5 of them and they are at 40 life?).

I genuinely don't know how I can reconcile these two aspects of how I view MTG. I get into a lot of arguments. Exile-draw was a good step though. I run Act on Impulse in a UR deck, that should show you how much I love that mechanic.
>>
>>47305718
I built some solid 10 dollar decks. There are a lot of really good rares that are only a few cents because they don't have a place in real formats and have been overlooked by casual groups.
>>
>>47305718
Probably Tajic. Soldiers is fun.

Best budget monocolor is probably Purphoros, god of the forge. In general token strategies are decently budget
>>
>>47305718
Brian Weissman has an awesome budget Dralnu, Lich Lord deck I was thinking about building.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (117 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
117 KB, 223x311
>>47305263
>>
File: Maelstrom_Wanderer.jpg (188 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
Maelstrom_Wanderer.jpg
188 KB, 620x400
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/17-05-16-cascade/
any tips?
>>
>>47305806
Want to share them maybe?
>>47305813
Maybe soldier tokens with Iroas?
>>
>>47298198

Guys where is the best place online to trade in old magic cards?

I want to get back into Magic after about a decade break and I want to try commander out, but I don't wanna spend a lot of money on new cards I'd rather just trade in some old cards considering I don't need playsets of cards for this format.

Also what are some good commanders that will let me run a lot of cool black cards?
>>
>>47306062
Oh, those things are looooong gone. I'll see if I can dig one up. Oh and these are definitely only passable in fairly lax settings.

I doubt the pricing is very accurate any more, but here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CVl3hKaS29UEtasGblXb4q3l1nLQypkZHZ6lkCjdkYY
>>
>>47305964
Bruh, that isn't a pet card, that shit's just plain good.
>>
>>47306312
Yeah but I don't see it a lot, or ever so I'm counting it.
>>
>>47305588
>I just find the need to make everything into a faction a bit of a frustrating trend in MtG design.
It's no coincidence that most factions are done in multicolor sets: they help designing multicolor cards. Without factions, it would be tough to design 40 three-colored cards in a single set, but by adding factions, you can simply say "It gives you a 4/4 body, Temur cares about 4 power, that's why it's RUG" and be done with it. One one hand, it's a disservice to the color pie, but on the other hand, it helps saving the actual good designs for the future.
>>
What infinite combos are hardest to disrupt?

Only thing I can think of is the old Daru Spiritualist/Cephalid Breakfast combos that run on en-kor 0-cost abilities
>>
>>47305080
Except I didn't say that. I love red and think its abilities are very powerful, if a bit narrow. I just hate seeing it get overshadowed on multicolored cards.
You're a fool if you think haste is as good as trample or doublestrike. Dubstrike is so good they can't even hardly print it, it's just too easy to abuse.
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47305286
The staple of my mono-green Molimo deck is Vigor. Everyone hates Vigor, especially once he's hexproof.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mo-knows-overkill/
>>
>>47306418
True and I would agree if they actually printed 40 three color cards in a set. But they don't. Even for shards as well explored as bant, there are currently 29 cards. Total. In all sets.

And not to rag on shards, because this is true in all sets, really, but the total number of WUG cards in Shards, the set? 7. Though, of those seven, only 2 actually have Exalted, the rest are actually pretty clever designs.

I don't know. Maybe instead of pushing color combination factions so hard, we could just have sets where there's about 10 genuinely clever 3 color cards, 10 genuinely clever 2 color cards and the rest be monocolored? No shared keyword, no factions, just have multicolored...

This is describing Alara Reborn, huh. Fuck.
>>
>>47305427

>Thornbite in Gisa

So fucking good. Holy shit yes.

I finally finished my zombie lord collection for Gisa recently. Lord of the Undead just came in the mail today along with Gravepsawn Sovereign and a full art Zombie Apocalypse. Death Baron will be in soon.

The gangs all here:
Lord of the Undead
Deathbaron
Cemetery Reaper
Risen Executioner
Undead Warchief
Paragon of Open Graves
Ascendant Evincar

>>47305263
Both the White and Black Crovax. That -1/-1 is just fantastic, especially on the white one cause it bounces itself.
>>
>>47300476
>big game hunter
damn I love that card
>>
>>47306072

Pls respond.
>>
>>47306721
In real formats, I am pretty sure Haste is genuinely more powerful than trample. And comparing it to Double Strike is a bit disengious, as DS is a strict upgrade over the actual common mechanic, FS.

Okay, this is actually kind of interesting, as a thought experiment, we have a 5 CMC creature 4/4 French vanilla. Which is the best one?

Haste, Trample, Flying, First Strike, Lifelink, Vigilance, Hexproof, Menace.

Skulk, Prowess and Deathtouch excluded for obvious reasons. I think Flying is probably the best one, right?
>>
>>47306753
That's the idea, just get a lord, Gisa with the thornbite, and an alter of Phyrexia. Infinite out and ping everyone to death

>>47306809
So much fun
>>
>>47306072
Monoblack is one of the most popular monocolors, but there are a lot of fun multicolored black legends.

As for trading cards, I believe PucaTrade was the most popular. Other than that, I have no idea. You might be better off trying to trade card for card at an LGS (with players, not the store).
>>
>>47306815
You can do trades through Pucatrade, but honestly, half the fun of Commander is making a deck out of what you have and THEN going for singles to fine-tune it.

As for black...well, are you wanting to go mono-black?
>>
>>47306822
Flying, then probably vigilance
>>
>>47306852

I was thinking either mono black or black green.
>>
>>47306822
I like flying the most on that, yeah. Allows for harder-to-block attacks and allows for the blocking of attacks.
>>
>>47306896
Well, you can't go wrong with Glissa the Traitor.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 223x310
>>47305263
This guy always comes in handy as a secret weapon in my Gisa tokens deck. I've gotten this guy out on turn 3 several times and he just fucks people up.

Also love me this bad boy >>47305427
>>
>>47305263
My meta is weirdly light on black so this lets me get an insane amount of damage in

The flavor is also through the roof
>>
File: standstill.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
standstill.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>47305263
I play this card way more than I should
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 178x248) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 178x248
>>47307032
Motherfucking dickhole asslicker
>>
>>47306751
>True and I would agree if they actually printed 40 three color cards in a set. But they don't. Even for shards as well explored as bant, there are currently 29 cards. Total. In all sets.
I meant all three-color cards, not of one particular color combination. KTK had exactly 40 three-color cards, 8 per clan.
>>
>>47306822
Completely forgot about first strike. It's good too. Damn, all of red's keywords are great, no wonder it doesn't get more. It only has a few but they're all really strong.
>>
>>47307151
Maybe I am wrong, as I often am, but I genuinely don't thinking designing 7-8 cards for a three color combination without resorting to factionalization is impossible or all that difficult.

Sure, the commons might be hard since they need to be easily grokked, but that's one or two cards.

I deliberately avoided multicolor in my set, so I might be talking out of my ass. And limited archetypes as well as flavor is probably justification enough.

Like, I love SOI. Love it. It is a great service, but Madness is a cool enough mechanic that it could carry an entire set, like Flashback did in Innistrad. And yet it is relegated to three colors. This being despite the mechanic working in all colors.
>>
>>47307320
Maybe but wizards doesn't actually like madness that much. It's like a 7 on Maro's storm scale
>>
>>47306382
It's in at least half of the decks in my meta. Most of my decks include it and all of my magic friends include it in their top decks. Your meta might just be bad.
>>
>>47307367
Has Maro said anything on it since SOI? They handled it well, and it takes about ten seconds to explain it to inexperienced players enough for them to get how to use them.
>>
>>47307436
Well he didn't its stormscale rating in his recent articles on stormscale ratings for khans and RTR block mechanics.
>>
>>47307548
*didn't change its
>>
>>47307548
>>47307564
It's still an 8 on there, damn. I was hoping its third iteration would treat it a little better.
>>
>>47307436
He has. I just can't find it. He did mention a good point against making Madness the primary focus:

Madness is what we call an A/B mechanic, in that it requires both cards that care about something (A) and cards that are that thing (B). Madness, for instance, requires cards that discard cards. The madness cards are the A, and the cards that use discard are the B. The trick with making it work, especially for Limited, is ensuring you have the as-fan correct. As-fan is an R&D term, short for "as-fanned," that talks about how often a particular subset of cards show up. We associate a number with as-fan, which talks about how often that subset shows up in a random booster. For instance, as as-fan of two would mean that on average a booster would have two cards of that subset. The A and B levels have to be set correctly so you have enough of each. The ratio of A to B varies greatly depending on what the mechanic is. A big part of getting Limited to work is getting the as-fan and ratio correct.

I was wrong, Mark was right, no surprise. Anyway, I imagine the wording fix raised it a bit. Also, Madness's storm scale placement was heavily influenced by its developmental issues. They didn't print a whole lot of cards where the madness cost was absurdly low.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 312x445
>>47305263
This one.
>>
File: constantmists.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
constantmists.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>47305263
I'll never play a green deck without it. Best friends with Crucible of Worlds.
>>
File: price-of-glory.jpg (55 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
price-of-glory.jpg
55 KB, 480x680
>>47305263
I'm a simple man, with simple tastes. As such, I play a lot of mono-red.

This is such a dick card, but it's worth it to make control players squirm.
>>
>>47307178
They're only good in creature combat -oriented formats. Which are the shit formats. Which is why red is a shit color.
>>
>>47308090
Oh, so only in real MtG? I like EDH, but fuck off dude.
>>
File: 220.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>47305263
>>
>>47307377
I assure you that is not the case. It is blue heavy though which means there is a lot of competition for space on 2cmc cards.
>>
>>47306753
You need the black Mike, he is so fucking disgusting in Gisa.
>>
>>47308025
oh man I want this for my Narset deck
>>
>>47307377
It's really not that good, if you know it's there it's really easy to play around.
>>
Building my first commander deck with Meren guys. Wish me luck hope it's not too expensive.
>>
>>47308025
Fuck that's dank. I kind of want to make Zo-Zu "fuck your lands" deck using that and shit like Impending Disaster
>>
File: bludgeon brawl.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
bludgeon brawl.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>47305263
I ensoul artifact my kiora with mycosynth lattice out and then equip bident of thassa to her
>>
File: META.png (4 MB, 2484x1430) Image search: [Google]
META.png
4 MB, 2484x1430
Post those metas boys. R8 H8 Appreci8
>>
>>47308351

Trust me, I want to run him if nothing else but for flavor reasons. However, I'm really trying to avoid Black Mike in all my decks because he paints a target on your head regardless of Trike's presence. On top of that, I'd rather not run the risk of my Mike getting stolen from me because another deck can abuse it more. He's so much of a boring lazy combo machine, that I find it safer to just win without him.

In Gisa's case, I'll run them over with a hoard of Zombies and/or combo out. Doesn't even have to be infinite. Recurring Gempalm Polluter works just fine, or using Vengeful Dead as I sac all my Zombies to a Husk, then sac the husk to Gisa for more Zombies.

My group has learned to stop using Bribery on me because their general reaction is "What the fuck is this shit?" I think the strongest creature they can steal from me is Wurmcoil, Grave Titan, or maybe Rune-Scarred, but I'm not sure if I included one.

Actually, I remember playing Freyalise elfball once and getting hit with a Bribery. The guy's actual response was "What the fuck? Where's your Craterhoof?" I just laughed. I think he grabbed Thunderfoot Baeloth instead, but when he swung, I Crop Rotated a Homeward Path, which put an end to that mess.
>>
>>47306041
>not knowing how to build wanderer
RAMP

CASCADE
>>
>>47304661
Thats a red card, a bad one at that. If it was truely grixis you could choose to pay life to keep the cards or it would punish your opponent somehow. red is the wheel and random discard blue is also the wheel and black is ???
>>
File: playgrupp.png (3 MB, 1972x1582) Image search: [Google]
playgrupp.png
3 MB, 1972x1582
>>47308926
Bill is back baybee, and Saltlord got shipped off to Nam or some shit.
>>
>>47308984
Rune-Scarred Demon is an amazing Bribery target. Not enough for me to take him out of my MBC list mind you, but a 6/6 flier who gets your best card for 3UU is a great deal.
>>
>>47309024
>10 year old
>better than most people
>but uses zurgo

lel
>>
File: EDH 1.png (2 MB, 2463x1162) Image search: [Google]
EDH 1.png
2 MB, 2463x1162
r8 h8 appreci8
>>
>>47309081
He shits on people with Zurgo. Just comes in out of nowhere and beats. Consistently makes it to the winner's pod when he comes.
>>
>>47309055

Yea. I'd rather see my RSD get bribed over a Mike because it's less up front and not a direct combo piece. However, I still don't remember if I have RSD in my deck. It might be somewhere else.
>>
>>47309024
playgroup looks fun/10
>>47309093
5/10
>>
File: 960.jpg (65 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
65 KB, 960x540
>>47309102
Seriously? Are you being absolutely serious right now? A Zurgo doesn't "come out of nowhere and beats," anon. It costs 5 to play, you can summon him turn 3 or 4 if you're lucky. On top of that, he's already in the command zone, so anyone playing will get an idea of when he will come into play unless they're absolutely retarded. Also, nearly any counterspell cost less than 3 to play, and hey if you aren't running blue, that's ok too because guess what? Zurgo DOES NOT HAVE HEXPROOF! Wow that makes him so much more formidable right?

So either the boy is 10 and you're all letting him win, or you all are younger than 10 and he just has a Zurgo deck which would make sense because everyone in your playgroup seems to be too stupid to understand that Zurgo is easy as shit to throw back into the fucking command zone.
>>
>>47309093

Jesus you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>47306702
Depends. If you have Pili-Pala without summoning sickness and Grand Architect on the field, opponents can't respond to your combos, and you can even respond to sp6öit second!
>>
File: BLASTMYFUCKINGFACE.jpg (40 KB, 610x472) Image search: [Google]
BLASTMYFUCKINGFACE.jpg
40 KB, 610x472
>>47309224
lmfao someone has been worldslayered too many times
>>
File: 1423174714883.gif (456 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1423174714883.gif
456 KB, 400x300
>>47309224
You might be retarded my dude. Turn 3 for Zurgo is easy, and it's not like he just plays a voltron package. He runs a control shell, clears the way now and then, and comes in for the kill. It's a good deck.
>>
>>47309255
thanks
>>
File: playgroup edh.jpg (1 MB, 1950x1609) Image search: [Google]
playgroup edh.jpg
1 MB, 1950x1609
>>47308926
>tfw haven't played in over a month
>>
>>47309093
Your decks look like fucking misery to play against.
>>
File: Help me.jpg (8 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
Help me.jpg
8 KB, 242x208
>tfw more fun building the deck than playing it
>>
>tfw wanna play gitgud toad but he's too fucking strong
>>
Asking here since some of the chase cards are EDH relevant and no one's ever going to have a "Planechase General" so: why the hell would Wizards have Planechase Anthology include ONLY Planechase 2012?

There's only like ten cards of significant value in original Planechase, but for the sake of catching newer players up on that type of game, their exclusion stands out as a bit odd. It's not like Duel Decks Anthology arbitrarily left out Elves vs. Goblins or something for being among the oldest of the old.
>>
>>47309469
It isn't all of them? Lame.
>>
>>47309550
Yeah, it's only the four 2012 decks. You do still get all of the original planar cards, none of those are excluded as everyone brings up, but oddly I haven't seen anyone mention the lack of the older decks.
>>
File: dance you fool.png (66 KB, 315x600) Image search: [Google]
dance you fool.png
66 KB, 315x600
>Drop Stasis while everyone is tapped out turn 6
>Have Nekusar out
>Draw two, take two, pass
>Finally run out of islands
>Everyone is ready to drop a big handfuls of shit.
>Dark Deal
Like holy fuck I threw Stasis in just to fuck around I didn't think it would shoot up to an all-star in the deck
>>
>>47309282
Oof, that's brutal anon, no LGS nearbye?
>>
>>47309593
Oh cool, all the planar cards? I was about to be upset. What was even in the originals?
>>
>>47309611
>playing stasis as a joke instead of as a good card
What a fucking fag
>>
File: group.jpg (817 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
group.jpg
817 KB, 2000x2000
>>47308926
>>47308926
dis my group

I like almost all of them
>>
>>47309616
There is, but all the decks over there are ridiculously competitive. Like dual lands, Animars everywhere, among other things. I only have one deck that can play with them without getting completely destroyed.
>>
>>47299013
You misspelled "undying".
>>
>>47309785
Kek. How do you misspell a word you must have seen a dozen times when building and playing?
>>
>>47309678
>Pia and Kiran
>>
>>47305427
>Gisa
>claims it's zombie tribal
>hardly any zombies
What? Tokens aside, there's more demons in your decklist than anything else.
>>
>>47309678
>tryhard
>Phenax
lmao
>>
>>47309948
Like I said, he's new. He drafted Key and Peele and decided to jam a bunch of the Origins Thopter-makers in there. His Karador is Warrior tribal

I've begun taking him under my wing and moving him towards shit that actually works though. He piloted my Daretti deck to victory last week
>>
>>47299745
>Elesh Norn in Phyrexian

Madman. 3 or 4 of my decks together add up to that card.
>>
>>47309986
>karador warrior tribal
I'll give this guy that he's pretty creative.
>>
File: 1329777503874.gif (112 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1329777503874.gif
112 KB, 150x150
>>47309986
>His Karador is Warrior tribal
What the fuck
>>
>>47305718
Edric, Spymaster of Trest.

The deck is just tiny evasive creatures, many of which are commons or uncommons. Pick up a few overrun effects. Some pretty basic control cards. And you're good, a tolerable deck can come out to $40. I in fact made such a deck, because this is often my recommendation for dirt cheap, pretty ok EDH decks.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-very-tight-shipedric-40-budget/

Muddle the mixture spiked since I made the list. Easily replaceable.

Do splurge on a reliquary tower tho.
>>
>>47310123
>Do splurge on a reliquary tower tho
Spike pls go.
>>
>playing commander to win
>not playing to express what a special little snowflake you are by playing shitty obscure legends and awful cards
>>
>>47310364
Spike pls go
>>
>>47309093
recently finished up some additional add ons in meren and ezuri, any suggestions for a new commander? have been looking at brago due to lack of blue and white
>>
>>47309951
Most of the demons are being constantly sacrificed and reanimated for a sizable zombie horde. I can swing out with zombie horde, blood artist, cycle gem palm polluter, combo out, or mill with alter of dementia

>>47310364
I just think of a fun deck type or playstyle, sometimes from a janky interaction, and go with it
>>
File: 1431564684566.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1431564684566.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
>>47310364

>not playing commander specifically to have a door to nothingness and a grip of chaos in play

It's like you don't even know how to play games, son.
>>
File: 1328672846448.gif (914 KB, 287x216) Image search: [Google]
1328672846448.gif
914 KB, 287x216
>>47310472
>a door to nothingness and a grip of chaos
Oh ho ho ho now that's the good shit
>>
File: 1423444951217.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1423444951217.gif
2 MB, 400x400
What should I build if I want everyone to hate me?
>>
>>47310472

how is grip of chaos fun at all?

>hurr you picked one target but now it has a new one
>so fun

i do like door to nothingness though, its a funny way to lose at least
>>
>>47310557

RWB all land destruction board wipes and artifact destruction no wincons outside of elixir of immortality to make everybody else deck themselves first
>>
>>47310557
Pheldagrif kingmaker
>>
File: Image (2)_1.jpg (36 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (2)_1.jpg
36 KB, 223x310
>>47310557
Momir Vig combo
>>
File: 68425_150w.jpg (18 KB, 150x216) Image search: [Google]
68425_150w.jpg
18 KB, 150x216
>>47310557
Grand Arb Fuckyoustin IV
>>
>>47310364
your way to play is as valid as any other.
>>
>>47310557
Memnarch
>>
File: 1362020537964.png (455 KB, 457x531) Image search: [Google]
1362020537964.png
455 KB, 457x531
>>47310640
>tfw pack a Stifle and Isochron Scepter to fuck over Memnarch at all times
>>
>>47310557
Depends on what type of hate you want.

>I don't want to play against your deck anymore anon, you combo off on turn 4 or earlier every time
Zur Ad Nauseam
>I don't want to play against your deck anymore anon, you don't even cast your commander so what's the point?
Grixis Storm
>I don't want to play against your deck anymore anon, you lock everyone out of the game and don't let us play Magic
Derevi stax
>I don't want to play against your deck anymore anon, I hate counterspells
Azami Mind Over Matter/Lab Maniac
>I don't want to play against your deck anymore anon, I hate extra turns
Edric
>I don't want to play against your deck anymore anon, I hate tutoring since it's against muh spirit of EDH
Yisan
>I don't want to play against your deck anymore anon, I hate MLD
Jhoira
>I don't want to play against your deck anymore anon, you spend so much money on it and make our playgroup pay to win
5c Hermit Druid
>I don't want to play against your deck anon, you make me feel insecure by stomping my fucking expensive deck with a pile of cheap cards
Purphoros or Krenko
>>
>>47310689

>steal your Scepter?
>lol activate it for stifle
>k, steal your Scepter?
>o-oh
>>
File: EDH Group.png (2 MB, 999x989) Image search: [Google]
EDH Group.png
2 MB, 999x989
Here's my group
>>
>>47308759
kek
>>
>>47310873
Voltaic Key tho

There are a great many ways to untap Scepter
>>
>>47309611
>stasis in nekuzar
I play nekuzar amd youre just being cancer
>>
>>47310873
and this is why trickbind > stifle in EDH
>>
Fucking necrotic ooze, phyrex devourer. one of the guys in our group uses it and consistently gets it out t3. how stop? before this the most competitive deck in our group was narset superfriends, already tried telling him to stop but just replies with "lol salt, play blue fag" what the fuck am I supposed to do tg?
>>
>>47310557
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/epic-trolling-with-lichs-mirror/
>>
>>47310970
Anafenza the foremost hatebears.

Your general shuts off the combo. You also get to play cards like RIP and leyline of the void. Black has some other nice grave hate like Yixlid Jailer, Faerie Macabre. In green you get Scooze

I'm assuming he gets it out quickly with tutors so ruin his day with aven mindcensor and leonin arbiter. Thalia, Vryn Wingmare, Glowrider, et al. help here as well.

Linvala also kills the combo.

Etc.

Good luck.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.