[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things only the meanest DMs do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: ribbonnobully.jpg (32 KB, 243x311) Image search: [Google]
ribbonnobully.jpg
32 KB, 243x311
>attack someone's familiar
>>
Mind control during combat.
>>
>>47289767
In Only War the gm pitted us against a psyker boss who could use a reaction to, instead of dodging or parrying, switch places with one of the PCs.
>>
>>47289767

Organize a game for a whole bunch of people, get them hyped, work to make them build characters, organize the game...and then at the first session/after the first session disappear into nowhere.
On purpose.
>>
>>47289767
>using the families he insisted we add to character backgrounds as the BBEG's literal fuck/murdertoy's
>throws a little mascot character he deliberately makes adorable and lovable for the sole purpose of breaking our hearts down the line
>refuses to provide coasters but demands we use coasters
>>
File: PeterMol.gif (16 KB, 679x521) Image search: [Google]
PeterMol.gif
16 KB, 679x521
>YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!
>you can't do anything
>>
File: babf78o.jpg (523 KB, 1344x1342) Image search: [Google]
babf78o.jpg
523 KB, 1344x1342
>>
>>47291406
Reading that always makes me sad and annoyed, because its a perfect case of an innocent quirk being fucked with simply because the GM wants to fuck with you. No rhyme or reason to it, no purpose in the scheme of things, they just want to try and frustrate you. Which is the opposite of what a GM should do.
>>
>>47289767
>>47289828
>>47290348
You guys just sound like you're used to care bear GMs.
>>
Ask for a page or more of background and then kill off everyone's characters during the first session.
>>
>>47289767
>eat normal food
>disease, disease everywhere
>>
>>47289767
In AD&D if you have a familiar at level 1-4 your life is tied to that little shit's 1d4 HP, because if that thing has 4 and it dies your max HP is permanently reduced by 8, immediately killing most low level mages permanently.
>>
>>47289767
If you're putting your familiar in harm's way, it's fair game.

>>47289828
Build your character to be able to succeed against such effects or role with people who can remove them.
>>
>>47291711
GM's are in the awful position of having godlike powers in all regards except the thoughts and actions of a handful of people. When a player refuses to cooperate with a GM, however slightly it may be, it winds up them being the single problem in an otherwise perfect universe.

It's like a single dark mark on an otherwise pristine piece of paper. You can't help but focus on it, and it gets under your skin.
>>
File: tired-man.jpg (35 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
tired-man.jpg
35 KB, 570x300
>Hey cool backstory
>So I noticed that your character's entire motivation revolves around supporting their son/sister/family
>Wouldn't it be a great hook if you returned home at the end of your adventure and found out they were killed by the villain's forces?

Three times in just as many campaigns in just as many years

I'm so tired of it
>>
>>47292621
>Builds character around multiple annoying dickish effects the GM likes enemies to have.
>Characters are unprepared when something entirely new shows up and the old annoying effects they specialized for never show up again, at least for as long as they're specialized against those threats.
>>
>introduce absolutely bro-tier NPC that the entire party loves
>It's an arc villain for one of the character's backstories.
>>
File: 1350872766164.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1350872766164.gif
929 KB, 264x320
>>47290413
That monster.
>>
>>47292689
>Had a mercenary who worked to help support his family across the world.
>Constantly sent funds in-character to them. Even declining very useful gear to make sure the family had the money they needed.
>Didn't think much of it.
>Also didn't realize how much that gold added up.

>Two years into the campaign.
>Party is trying to catch the BBEG, who had basically nuked a continent and was looking to rewrite the world by travelling to a seemingly unreachable city in the clouds. With no viable means of transportation tor reach him, the party was kind of fucked.
>Then, from the sky, my PC's family descended on a fucking giant airship.

>Apparently, I had not only sent them plenty of money to pay for food and live a comfortable life, but they saved those funds to buy a goddamn Airship so that they could come with my character on adventures. It was meant to be a surprise.

Pretty much the only time I've seen that wind up benefiting a player, ever.
>>
>>47292527
Wait wait, how about ask for a page or more of background, and then kill off everyone besides the players that are mentioned in that background in the first session.
>>
>>47292689
It would be more dramatically interesting to prompt a rescue mission from this event via kidnapping...
Straight murder is rarely a good storytelling option.
>>
>"This advisor tells you to go kill this village and by the way he looks really shifty and untrustworthy"
Uh okay let's not do that this guy is obviously bad news also people who kill villages are generally bad guys?
>"Okay what do you do instead?"
Uh let's find out why this advisor wants us to kill a village?
>"Okay so you go to the village and they immediately attack on sight!"
Wait so we don't get to get a look at the place first or sneak around and try to see what they're up to, or...?
>"Okay you sneak around and they find you and they attack you immediately!"
Okay I guess we try to disengage and say we're not here to-
>"They ignore you and yell expletives and keep attacking you!"
We leave?
>"They chase you and keep attacking you!"
Ugh okay fine we defend ourselves, I guess.
>"You killed them all!"
Great, I guess. So let's explore this village then.
>"It's full of freed slaves!"
So we freed them, or...?
>"Nope the people you killed freed them from the advisor who was using them to build his evil empire!"
Uh huh.
>"They're all sad and angry at you because you killed the people who freed them and you were helping the evil advisor all along!"
Uh huh.
>"You're all monsters! Feel bad about the bad things you did!"
>>
>>47290382
A classic maneuver.
>>
>>47292808
now THATS fucking badass. like a god-tier chekhov's shotgun!
>>
File: disjunction.png (20 KB, 319x377) Image search: [Google]
disjunction.png
20 KB, 319x377
Mordenkainen's disjunction is literally made by sadists.
>>
Rolled 740 (1d1000)

After the session, explain exactly where the party made mistakes and go on about how much harder we made everything for ourselves.
>>
File: DdvrI.jpg (242 KB, 1200x1145) Image search: [Google]
DdvrI.jpg
242 KB, 1200x1145
Amputation, permanent damage and general disfigurement.

Luckily the DM only did the later to my character. No saves allowed.
>>
>>47289828
>minmax master swordsman bodyguard type for a friend's suave face character
>me and the rifleman murder everything awh hell yeah
>daemon Lord out of nowhere
>calls my charger out as a vampire to the rest of the party (not cool, man)
>mind controls said character
>only one survivor.

It's fun but goodness if it isn't a massive dick move.
>>
>>47293793
What is Mordenkainen's disjunction?
>>
>bases campaign almost exactly on published series and tells us about it
>gets butthurt that people watch the series and adds extra dice and rerolls attacks to hit those who went ahead.
>>
>>47293889
>All magical effects and magic items within the radius of the spell, except for those that you carry or touch, are disjoined. That is, spells and spell-like effects are separated into their individual components (ending the effect as a dispel magic spell does), and each permanent magic item must make a successful Will save or be turned into a normal item. An item in a creature’s possession uses its own Will save bonus or its possessor’s Will save bonus, whichever is higher.

It's an AOE spell that can permanently destroy magical or enchanted items in its spell radius
>>
>>47293889
Will Save or lose Magical gear (becomes mundane, irreversibly).

You know how players are about losing gear...
>>
>>47293889
its the one spell that kills all of your hard earned phat loot if you have any.

Mordenkainen's disjunction, or Mage's Disjunction in PF, strips all targets in an area of all magical effect, whether its from equipment or enchantments and spell. on top of this, it reduces your magic resistance by 10 for the duration, which is 60 seconds, or 10 turns in 3.PF
>>
File: Luang-Pu-Nenkham_2607535b.jpg (45 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Luang-Pu-Nenkham_2607535b.jpg
45 KB, 620x387
>>47293918
>>47293919
>>47293933
Monk wins again note: this is the first time monk has ever won
>>
>>47293889
Everyone's gear is destroyed.

It can destroy the whole progress of the character.

I rather enjoy warforged plating (it also exists in graft form for non constructs) solely because it cannot be attacked or assailed in any way without first destroying the wearer.
>>
>>47293951
Anybody who can cast Disjunction will make short work of monk regardless of gear or lack thereof.
>>
>>47292582
in adnd 2e you 'only' lost con if your familiar got ganked
>>
>>47293951
when does the monk not get magic items? i mean, sure, he doesnt get too penalized by lack of magic item, but its still a monk in 3.pf, which is literally stuck in suckmode for the duration of the game
>>
>>47293951
Monks are just as bling dependent as anyone else unless they take Vow of Poorfaggotry.
>>
>>47293992
Vow of Poverty?
>>
>>47289767
Rust Monsters.

>>47293793
With wizard levels.
>>
>>47293848
>Amputation, permanent damage and general disfigurement.
I think its fine as long as there is a save for it
>>
>>47293793
Speaking of spells made by sadists, there's two spells that are just genuinely evil.

Soul's Treasure Lost, which disintegrates whatever is the most valuable item in someone's possession, and Love's Pain, which is a ranged touch attack that deal up to 10d6 to the person who is hit by the spell's dearest loved one or closest friend.
>>
Any game master who hands out XP for "good roleplaying"

The campaign quickly turns into "who can make the DM laugh the most" which includes retardation like bears dancing during combat and dwarves getting drunk in combat to take penalties on purpose.

In other words, it is total shit. I am so sick of "fun" and "humor" being a priority in RPGs. It isn't. The ONLY priority in an RPG, is creating a good story. Which CANNOT be done while engaging in lolrandumb faggotry.
>>
>>47289767
Forever DM, let me say a few mean things I use to do which annoy my players.

>Almost any group of low CR enemies which should be a breeze to fight are actually Tucker's Kobolds level units
>Seemingly meaningful items, locations and messages that I add for flavor but don't really mean anything. (when the players come up with a 'guess' that I like, it might become that though)
>Every single shopkeeper is basically Rick from Pawn Stars.
>Dwarf settlements are handled like the most insane fortress you can imagine in DF
>Keep accurate track of ammunition
>Fatigue rules
>"Sure, you can rest halfway through the dungeon to recover spells after these four encounters, but the boss will flee/objective will be lost!"
>When the PCs are having a good winning streak, design that anti-party encounter so that they don't get cocky. Not a TPK, just that unexpected boss fight.
>Difficult terrain. Even on the air.
>PC is necromancer fond of animating the corpses of powerful foes. Most powerful foes selfdestruct on death.
>Mordenkainen's Disjunction. Repeated, Twinned, Quickened.
>What was that, Waves of Exhaustion?
>You killed the enemy, but actually the enemy still won
>That NPC never forgot you wronged him. Yes, that one from the first session a year ago.
>What, did you think that only PCs could resurrect?
>>
>>47294078
>Your waifu can't take 10d6 damage
They did you a favor desu
>>
>>47292708
>>47289828

Assuming 3e:
1. Will save is by far the strongest to build up.

Assuming 3e, AD&D, or I THINK BECMI and OD&D:
1. Protection from Evil, a first fucking level spell, gives compleat immunity to nongood summoned monsters in melee as well as compleat immunity to mind control (even from good casters).

Assuming 4e:
1. You should get the feat thingy that makes it so you can roll a save vs such things at the beginning and ending of your turn.

Assuming Everything WoD Eever Except Nwod:
1. Grabbing Willpower 10 is virtually always a good idea.
Protection against mind control doesn't require "specialization." Its just part of a good char.
>>
>>47294078
>cast mind control on a PC
>make PC use a wand of Love's Pain
>cast Mordenkainen's Disjuction
>summon a rust monster
>teach the rust monster everything in Torn Asunder
>amputate the PC's and kill their familiar's
>go back in time, kill their families, then father the party
>>
>>47294078
>use memory/mind fuckery magic to make a party member think the BBEG is his true love
>Love's Pain on him until the BBEG is dead
Problem solved.
>>
>>47294088
Well, no actually, the highest priority in RPGs is that everyone at the table has a good time and enjoys themselves.
>>
>>47294092
>>Mordenkainen's Disjunction. Repeated, Twinned, Quickened.

This is why I find it very useful to have a sculpted Antimagic Field protecting myself, and Sevenfold Veils up.
>>
>>47294158

Well, no actually, you are wrong.

> everyone at the table has a good time and enjoys themselves.

This can be accomplished by mutual masturbation. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>47294156

I think this is acceptable and not even an exploit. It costs 1d6 intelligence each time you cast it (or charisma if you're undead), is a corrupt spell, allows spell resistance or the spell immunity spell, is blocked by AMF, and involves mind raping a PC in a way that may very well have all sorts of odd consequences. I'd allow it.
>>
File: 1457823345630.jpg (42 KB, 415x350) Image search: [Google]
1457823345630.jpg
42 KB, 415x350
>>47293848
>that card
>>
>>47294195
Not everyone has a group that they'd enjoy masturbating. I love the idea though.
>>
>>47294195
>This can be accomplished by mutual masturbation
I have yet to have an RPG session that isn't this
>>
>>47293837
To be fair, I only do this with new groups who are used to door kicking dungeon crawl games that need a different mindset for my games. For example:

>running Rogue Trader at groups request because fuck yer spess privateers
>first couple of sessions go rough as party dives headfirst into every possible fight
>engage like DnD battles ie move a bit and shoot, no use of cover, no suppressing fire, no frags etc.
>get shredded regularly with long medical recovery times for pcs
>bee-line straight for objective and only receive base profit with high costs
>explain how to take better advantage of combat environments
>point out things they missed that could be bartered for hefty profits
>point out that despite being badasses you don't have to solo an entire derelict ship
>group hires mercs and now play more like field officers with an army of minions taking on much larger and lucrative endeavors
>firefights are swift and decisive with minimal casualties when they break out
>if it isn't bolted down the rogue trader will magpie it for their dynasty or to sell to some shady fuck on Footfall
>pit rivals against each other so they don't have to dirty their hands
They are having a blast now and I couldn't be more proud of how creative and ambitious they have become.
>>
>>47294195
That doesn't even make sense. You're being silly.

If everyone at the table didn't have a good time and enjoy themselves, then you haven't had a good game session. The way that's accomplished will differ from party to party, but be that through having a goofball, random session or telling a serious, mature story, the high priority needs to be that every player has fun. Otherwise there's no reason to play.
>>
>>47294232
>>47294240

You're retarded.

>>47294279
>If everyone at the table didn't have a good time and enjoy themselves, then you haven't had a good game session.

Except if one player is a shitter who tries to hijack the game for cheap humor, and he didn't have fun, that is a good thing.

> the high priority needs to be that every player has fun. Otherwise there's no reason to play.

So the only reason to do anything ever is to have fun? Fucking hell...
>>
File: Slash_ah_ahhhhh.png (105 KB, 304x377) Image search: [Google]
Slash_ah_ahhhhh.png
105 KB, 304x377
>>47293793
>>47294078
That's small time.
>>
>>47294112
>Protection from Evil, a first fucking level spell, gives compleat immunity to nongood summoned monsters in melee as well as compleat immunity to mind control (even from good casters)
>tfw playing paladin
>DM mind controls party meat-shield (Not me, I forget if the other guy was ACTUALLY better, or just had a worse will save.
>Has the fight set up so meatshield party member can guard a single square passage way while squishy Psion boss blasts us
>Has the smuggest grin on his face
>My turn "I cast protection from evil"
>He gives me a look
>I read the spell description.
>He sighes and meat shield bro is free
>We just beat the shit out of that psion
Was pretty great, honestly. That was also the game where the DM was using the "20 on a skill check means roll again and add it" house rule and I rolled a 60-something on a skill check and passed my (human) character off as an Iron Golem.
>>
>>47289767
Keep track of gold
>>
File: 1455775056621.gif (885 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
1455775056621.gif
885 KB, 250x189
>>47290413
>>
File: 1414977099093.gif (1 MB, 200x254) Image search: [Google]
1414977099093.gif
1 MB, 200x254
>>47292808
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 500x364
>>47293848
>get well soon
Oh god that whole picture got me going but that fucking card.
i know you have more. don't you hold out on me!
>>
>>47292950
This.

Kill a few family members but have at least 1 be kidnapped so now the pc in question has a hardcore motive
>>
>>47294457
Amputation legitimately creeps me out.

I cried at the end of RWBY
>>
File: AGF7YUC.jpg (119 KB, 656x960) Image search: [Google]
AGF7YUC.jpg
119 KB, 656x960
>>47294092
You. You I like. You're a cunt but I bet your games are fun as fuck
>>
>>47294092
>>Almost any group of low CR enemies which should be a breeze to fight are actually Tucker's Kobolds level units
>>Every single shopkeeper is basically Rick from Pawn Stars.
>>Dwarf settlements are handled like the most insane fortress you can imagine in DF
While funny, these are not things to annoy players, you're trying to drive them mad.
>>
>>47294333
Good thinking. I never once found out prot/evil did what I said it did back when I actually played the game.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x938) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x938
>>47294501
Theres nothing wrong with turning a once strong entity into a mass of flesh who's only purpose left in life is for the pleasure of others. There's also nothing wrong in casting away unneeded baggage since that entity won't be needing them and means they're entirely reliant you for survival. They even eat less.
Prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1277443274605.jpg (47 KB, 600x757) Image search: [Google]
1277443274605.jpg
47 KB, 600x757
>>47294748
You're removing a maintenance and mobility system and introducing massive infection and healing risks just to complete your fetish.

I mean, I've got no problem with that, but don't try to pretend it's some efficiency or cost-saving measure.
>>
>>47294748
>pic
oh, it's raining
>>
>>47294100
but what if I am the waifu Senpai?
>>
>>47291095
This happened to me in a sandbox game about freeform magic.
>>
>>47293848
I mean there are systems that are based aroudn this and they're great.

Savage Worlds injuries can turn you into a cripple but you can still kick ass and you REMEMBER those inujries and sick scars. "I got this back from this villain when this happened"

any game with cybernetics usually has that as a cool factor as well.
>>
>>47293228
Flip a table.
Walk away.
>>
>>47294807
Hahaha pussy.
I'll never watch RWBY.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 530x740) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 530x740
>>47294787
Not really. Modern medicine has bumped the mortality rate of even traumatic amputee's down to 44% at all 4 limbs, 37% at 3, 20% at 2, and 9% at 1 assuming medical intervention afterwards.
Surgical amputee's taken care of properly sit at 10% at 4, 6% at 3, 5% at 2 and 4% at 1.
Mortality rate afterwards within 3 years to infection sits around 0.04% in america. Hell we even got hemicorporectomy patients to live upwards of 22 years, thats double what it used to be.
Imagine the landslide of progress we could make if we turned them out like a factory compared to shit thats happened in the past 30 years.
>>
>>47293228

Pretty much every time a video game tries to make you feel bad for killing imaginary people because you were trapped into having no other meaningful interactions with them.
>>
>>47295022
I still remember Spec Ops.
>waaa you killed people that's bad
The only thing it managed to do was making me hate the main character and blame him for everything. I had more remorse in Fallout where I can really choose what to do and fail to do so.
>>
>>47295055
>this
Then i went out and spun my friends such wonderful tales of the game and how amazing its multiplayer was and let them borrow the disc.
One even cried a bit at the white phosphorus scene in Fury.
>>
>>47295076
I was completely disgusted with Walker at this point. And to put this into context, I managed to finish Hotline Miami. The game where the protagonist is a sadistic monster.
Walker is worse than Jacket because he doesn't even assume his bloodlust.
>>
>>47295107
He didn't know exactly what he was doing but his weakness was disgusting.
>>
>>47295132
He knows he's to blame for the white phosphorus thing, but he keeps blaming the 33rd Damned for this.
For crying out loud, he doesn't even mercy kill the poor guys burning alive.
>>
>>47293989
system shock roll or die nucca
>>
File: airshipbeast[1].jpg (148 KB, 822x694) Image search: [Google]
airshipbeast[1].jpg
148 KB, 822x694
>>47295020
So 10% compared to... 0%... for not chopping off all 4 limbs...

That's supposed to be an argument in your /favour/?

And you're still not addressing all the ass-wiping, food-handling, chair-pushing, sore-bandaging, upper-arm-curl-based bullshit you'll need to do to move your waifu around. The sheer, permanent inconvenience
>>
>>47292689
Once is fine honestly because its a modest hook, anything more than that is just being unoriginal.
>>
>>47294088
you realize that being funny != roleplaying right? if so, tell your dm. if you don't reward roleplaying, you get dumb murderhobos.
>>
>>47295400
Maybe his DM is a retard.
>>
>>47295413
it seems like it.
>>
>>47294088
>I am so sick of "fun" and "humor" being a priority in RPGs.
>I am so sick of "fun”
The problem is the quotation marks. Fun is not a buzzword. See below.

>"humor" being a priority in RPGs is bad
>Creating a good story cannot be done while engaging in lolrandumb faggotry.
These are good opinions that I agree with.
Any session, even horror games, can have occasional humor, but too much is annoying as hell

Here is why you are wrong and a fool:
>>47294088
>The ONLY priority in an RPG, is creating a good story
>>47294158
>the highest priority in RPGs is that everyone at the table has a good time and enjoys themselves

One of those assertions is a hyperbolic reduction of many valid forms of gaming to badwrongfun.
One asserts that the most important aspect of a game is that everyone engaged is enjoying it, or having fun.
By asserting that the highest, but not only, priority is enjoyment, or fun without the quotes, that anon was actually supporting that the games you played where your game was ruined by “fun” and “humor” were bad as you were not having actual fun/enjoyment.

>>47294195
>This can be accomplished by mutual masturbation. Your argument is invalid.
This is foolish.
Anon’s argument did not assert that rpgs and only rpgs are activities where “everyone at the table has a good time and enjoys themselves.”
In fact, by implying there are other priorities, he invited other qualifying attributes, or priorities, to an rpg besides fun, such as creating a good story.

>>47294317
>Except if one player…
If one player wants a different kind of game, he should play in a different group.
Protip: If everyone in your group loves (not tolerates, but loves) the lulrandumb humor, then you are that player.

>So the only reason to do anything ever is to have fun? Fucking hell...
No, you illiterate, the most important reason to play a *game* is to have fun.
You are playing a game, not crafting serious stories worthy of archiving for future generations.
>>
>>47295171
Thats part of the fetish, anon. She literally has to rely on you for EVERYTHING. She wants a potty break? You gotta help her every step because she is literally incapable. She could beg all day and if i say no she can go on to beg me to clean up the mess on her doggy bed before bathtime. an entire life in your hands to deny or indulge as you see fit, every and all scenario's for you to say yes or no too. I could leave her in a bathtub full of a half inch of water before going on a nice 2 day camp and hiking trip just because i can.
>>
>>47295486
TL;DR
>>
>>47295490
This is /tg/, not /d/.
>>
>>47294748
But what if the girl doesn't want to have less legs and arms, Anon.
>>
File: Even orcs are appalled!.png (434 KB, 553x342) Image search: [Google]
Even orcs are appalled!.png
434 KB, 553x342
>>47295490
>>
File: my face when.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
my face when.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>47295490
Disgusting.
>>
>>47295491
Fine.

>>47295486
TL:DR version: Thog Edit

>>47294088
>>47294195
>>47294317
You wrong.
Anon say, "Enjoyment best" = ok
You say, "Story only" = not ok

Fun /= bad

People play game to enjoy.
"Play game" /= “anything ever”
>>
>>47289767
Ban someone from your game, for playing the game "wrong" or liking badwrongfun or enjoying things that you don't enjoy.
>>
>>47294320
Holy shit I found my new favorite enemy cantrip. Using this on my party next session.
>>
>>47295511
I wasn't the one who posted an awesome picture first.
>>
>>47289767
Maybe it's just me, but what's the problem here? If you're doing something with your familiar that puts it in danger or near enemies, there's a chance it'll be attacked.

Granted, most enemies should probably ignore "that bird" (or whatever it is) if they don't realize it's someone's familiar or try to capture it alive as a hostage or something if they do realize, but it's entirely possible someone will kill it.

That said, if enemies are specifically targeting your bag because your familiar is in there or some shit like that then that's not cool unless it's specifically meant to be a brutal game.
>>
>>47292680
Personally if I get a spot on my canvas see if I can draw a pretty picture using the dark spot as a starting point.

oh shit the analogy.
>>
>>47295756
That is every campaign I have ever run summed up beautifully.
>>
>>47295756
Except that most DM are cunts that will kill your character and expell you (pretending that "everyone voted to kick you out") if you complain about being railroaded.
Source : my experience with DMs.
>>
>>47294092
>Keep accurate track of ammunition
That bastard!

... Do you keep track of Encumberance as well?
>>
>>47294092
>Every single shopkeeper is basically Rick from Pawn Stars.
This is retarded.
>>
File: salt.png (58 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
salt.png
58 KB, 375x360
Hey.

You know how PCs can do all sorts of bullshit, and the world/story tends to warp around them, in order to keep the dumb little shits alive?
Or how a PC rolling 20 in a social situation can do all sorts of fuckery?

Give NPCs that ability.
NPCs get the world warping around them, so they do dumbshit bullshit and completely get away with it.
Also they can "nat 20" on the players socially, completely changing the PC's points of view.

Make the rules the same for the PC and the NPCs. And that includes unwritten etiquette and social rules. If you wouldn't be a dick to your players by doing X to them, then don't let X happen to your NPCs either.

You'd be amazed how salty your players get when they realise they can get nat 20'd on and how quickly they clamor for "Well ok maybe a 20 isn't an automatic success".
>>
>>47294215
Well then we mindrape the peasants to love the BBEG, and we spam Craft Wonderous to make intelligent items that can A. Absorb stats from their holders, and B. Cast Love's Pain

Casualties: A bunch of smelly peasants and however much xp and gp it takes to craft wonderous for those two spells.

Effect: Can assassinate anyone who isn't behind an antimagic shield
>>
File: so good.gif (820 KB, 227x170) Image search: [Google]
so good.gif
820 KB, 227x170
>>47292808
>>
>>47294149
I prefer something I call FUN MINES XD:

A magic spell that, if you don't resist it, teleports you (but not your gear)

Put these in little magic wisps or balls to attack anyone other than themselves of their summoner, which destroys the magic wisp, but fires off the spell.

Your enemy spellcaster Ddoors a bunch of these balls outside the party's Line of Sight but in a room where he expects the party will travel to.

Net result: You'll be leaving piles of the PC's gear on the floor where the PCs were, and the PCs are now naked and at some random point 2 miles away.
>>
>let the dice lay as they roll
I once had a player who had never played before join the party. They went into a dungeon and found a stone statue surrounded by magic runes. After figuring out that some of the runes meant "animate" and "attack", they decided to repaint some of them(they had been scratched off) to reactivate the spell.

The party was then attacked by a stone golem. A player was being attacked by the golem and down to two hp. So the new guy started distracting the golem to get its attention. The golem killed him in one hit while the rest of the party was able to flee.

I haven't fudged a roll in seven years. He never returned to a game.
>>
>>47295975
The most amazing thing about long time RPG players is how they become so fucking absorbed in their fucking little world and cliches that the concept of being welcoming to new players is fucking foreign to them.

>So he wanted to have a good time playing RPGs? Shouldn't have played with me then.
>>
>>47295490
Hm. I see part of the appeal.

But my fetish involves meteing out abuse and kindness in measured quantities, to transform a girl from some selfish independent egocentric "I demand the freedom to feel what I want" trash, into the ideal partner.
An ideal partner is not a burden.

I get the appeal of the abuse. But where is the growth?
maybe if your waifu could regrow limbs, as a reward for having the correct mindset.
>>
>>47296037
You're seeking psychological dominance instead of physical, but it amounts to the same thing.

You want a girl who'd be just as paralyzed without you as he does, you just want it in the form of mental control.

Also, both of you have shit tastes. Not wanting a strong, independent woman who's more than capable of being herself and submitting to you totally is the worst fucking thing.

You don't want a person, you want a thing. Just get a sex toy.
>>
>>47295947
Now you may be asking
"why don't you just put Ennervation or Color Spray in the damn wisps"
While that WOULD be effective, it isn't as fun.
>>
>>47296030
That's a sad but natural tendency. You're fine with how things are, and in your imagination, it becomes :
>it's fine right now
>if we get new people, it'll change
>I don't want things to change
>go away newfag
>>
>>47296052
>You want a girl who'd be just as paralyzed without you as he does, you just want it in the form of mental control.
That is only step 1.
Step 2 is regrowing them from a doormat into a good person.
Think of it as demolishing an ugly and rickety house (the person's ego, mindset, personality), so you can build a pretty and stable house on the same plot.
>>
>>47296080
You're still leaving your imprint on them, totally altering them to act exactly as you'd wish they would.

Sure, they'd no longer be lost without you, but that's because they'd act exactly as you'd want them too without your supervision. That's how total you desire your control to be.

Like I said, get a sex toy, it can't disagree with you.
>>
>>47296106
>Sure, they'd no longer be lost without you, but that's because they'd act exactly as you'd want them too without your supervision. That's how total you desire your control to be.
You are completely correct and that is my fetish.

>Like I said, get a sex toy, it can't disagree with you.
A. I already have some and B. Bah. you can't upgrade a sex toy in the same way that you upgrade a person, and if you hit a sex toy hard enough to make it squeak, it typically stays broken, permanently.
>>
>>47296080
How bout this. You physically regrow them into good people while i mentally grow them into good people or give them a pet mentality and then we'll put them each into a on chamber of a matter transporter and flip the switch. Problem solved.
>>
>>47296135
And that's why your fetish is shit, my friend.
>>
>>47296155
It has been demonstrated that matter transporters are really matter dis-assemblers and assemblers.
Once we have one, we can just clone them.

I agree with step 1 of your plan, but step 2 is a lot of effort for something that can be done more simply.

>>47296170
Well what's your fetish then?
Feet? Farting? Futa? Fuccbois?
>>
>>47295742
Exactly. That said, killing two familiars in one session might have been a bit much. However, the first one was granting advantage in the middle of a fight by pestering the enemy and the second was an owl flying into a heavily guarded section of cave where other owls were not known to be.
>>
>>47293918
>>47293793
leaking that a lesser villan ( in terms of power level not over goal) can cast that through either some item or other hand wavy element seems like a good way to make a villain very threatening to the party without requiring that he be an op wizard.

It's definitely a dick move if you just drop it on the party as a surprise.
>>
>>47296247
>mfw Celerity Disjunction Disjunction Disjunction Teleport Away mage
>>
>>47296030
It's not even long-time RPG players - after my first few games, I began to get wary of anything new. And I still cannot stand new players in the middle of a game, at least for the first few sessions. Something about them rubs me the wrong way, even when they honestly don't do much of anything.
>>
>>47296176
So i make the mind you make the body and we just play frankenstein?
>>
File: 1461158014203.jpg (85 KB, 678x751) Image search: [Google]
1461158014203.jpg
85 KB, 678x751
>>47292808
>>
>>47296332
Aw shit yeah!

Let's No Ethics up in this bitch.

Yo, where's our No Ethics economist? We need some shady multinational corporations funding our No Ethics mad science.
>>
>>47296268
Like most thing with pathfinder, as I understand , you'd haft to do something so that a mage can't just solve the problem easily, otherwise if the party has to build their characters a bit differently to solve the problem then it's worked fine.
>>
>>47289767
Man I had to do this once and it was awful.

>First campaign I'd ever run
>Taking players through your typical pre-made dungeon, basement filled with ghouls'n'goblins etc.
>Dwarf finds the secret door in the stonework, stairs lead into creepy ass smelly cellar.
>Wizard decides he should send his owl familiar down to scout it out
>niggawut.jpg
>Give him the most obvious "are you sure?" I can
>Much as I try to telepathically beam that there are a pack of hungry ghouls in there he goes right along with it.
>Even cheesing in some flight advantage the second one crits it, instant paralysis.
>Feel awful as I have to describe it being eaten cause for some dumb-fuck reason they decided to just wait outside instead of checking why it hadn't come back.

I know people can't get away with being that monumentally stupid without getting punished, but man I'd have felt much better if the wizard got thrown down the stair and eaten that the poor owl. At the very least he's the one that gets shit from doing that and not me.
>>
>>47293951

>Monks win again
>When they need magic items just as much as their weaponry focused counterparts
>>
>>47296347
Trump seems pretty loose in the morals area AND he's a business man. We could just call his hotline
>>
>>47296347

Alan Greenspan is far more terrifying than any "evil" economist you could come up with.
>>
File: 1459392561781.png (858 KB, 1025x746) Image search: [Google]
1459392561781.png
858 KB, 1025x746
>>47293848
I finally have a reason to post this stupid picture
>>
>>47296411
Well shit. What if we take our candidates and put them in a gladiator style cage death match? I vote rabid wolverines on sticks as weapons.
>>
>>47296438
Oh jesus...
>>
>>47292708
>>Characters are unprepared when something entirely new shows up and the old annoying effects they specialized for never show up again, at least for as long as they're specialized against those threats.
That's a persistent and completely unintentional problem in Exalted.
It's easy to grab a handful of things to render yourself totally immune to pretty much any nondirect damage or influence.

And when you do, the GM even trying them is completely pointless, so he doesn't, rendering your investment useless.
>>
>>47296438
Thank you for posting this, it is now my favorite thing
>>
I sent a group of large creatures with trip feats after my medium sized party. I needed them in chains in the next scene. It just so happened the guards and polearms work out well.

Forgive me.
>>
>>47295796
If you have this experience multiple times, have you considered that maybe it's actually you that's the problem?

Unless you're talking about roll20.
>>
>>47295055
You know...people tried to act like it was such epic, mature storytelling, but honestly, the logic involved in this story is kinda pant-on-head retarded.
And seriously, going with *that* plot twist tells me that they have no fucking clue what Heart of Darkness is actually about, they just saw Apocalypse Now once while high and thought it was the shit.
>>
>>47296438

I never ask for this, but I like it!
>>
>>47296332
>This thread of replies
I...it...
What are the classes involved in this? Or feats?
I think I need an adult...
>>
>>47296176
Satin sheets in a hotel room that costs over a thousand dollars a night, preferably around three after an amazing dinner.

Followed by cocaine, and more sex, with someone who is equally successful in their field.

Then going in to work the next day hung over as fuck and firing some fuccboi who is slacking off or being a pain in the ass and HR has gotten enough documentation that I don't have to worry about severance or anything.

Feels fucking fantastic to know that I have the good life, and that I'm being selected by someone who has their own money and isn't just sucking my dick or hoping for a chain baby, and then firing some sub human shit that can't produce at work or have the basic social skills to make it worth keeping them around instead of going through hiring and orientating a new person. Hell I was doing blow until I had to shower and head in to take care of this, than calling it an early day because of the "stress" of letting someone go, and I still get to keep moving ahead.

I don't get to live out the second part of my fetish very often, but I always make sure to live the first part out before doing it the next day.

Not firing people like when we automated our main warehouse and I had to help out. Those firings were pretty shitty.

Success is a fantastic drug. You should try it some time. Especially when you come from a fucked up background and had so much weird drugged up awkward sex that imagining getting a girl pregnant and having a normal life actually did start being your fetish. Having to deal with responsibility is the weirdest form of neglect play.
>>
>>47292621
>Build your character...
That's kinda victim blaming here.
And the moment you do that, mind control will never be used again but instead something new and as dickish will be used instead.
>>
>>47296684
It's weird.
Whether you're telling the truth, or you're bullshitting*, I feel like I should hate you.
But I don't.
Shine on, crazy diamond.
*Which is the more likely option, let's face it.
>>
>>47296709
Honestly, it's the feeling that my life is going great and I totally could have been the Jagoff I'm firing, because I totally once WAS that guy.

I get to be the person I wanted to be but thought I couldn't, and sometimes I get to vicariously punish the person I used to be.

And the best part is that I no longer want to have the "normal" life, that I never really wanted but I mean I definitely wasn't happy so I thought that if I could just be one of those people who droned through life and somehow found fulfillment then it would be nice.

But now I just have enough money for travelling and nice shit and cocaine, which I do surprisingly not as much of but I do fantastic fucking blow when I do it.

Turns out I'm still kind of a shallow cunt, but committing to it instead of pretending to just be jaded by everything means I find fulfillment in things now.

Just not people. I dunno. Never managed to get the hang of making those deep connections people seem so into. I still have friends and all, and if they died or something I would miss them, but I've honestly just never had anyone who having them gone from my life would cripple me emotionally or anything.
>>
>>47289767
That depends on whether or not the familiar is taking part in combat. If it is delivering touch attacks or attacking enemies it is fair game. If it just sitting on a shoulder or in a pocket, it should be left out of things.
>>
>>47290382
Happened more times than I care to remember now...

Luckily now I have an IRL group so that kind of falls off.
>>
>>47296634
The main beef I have is that the main character is retarded. Everything else is okay (even through the plot twist is dumb), but Walker is just clinically stupid. And probably insane too.
>>
>>47290382
screw you, Ezra. I was really looking forward to it.
>>
>>47293848
I agree with this post.
>>
>>47295055
The first time I played that game, I actually role played through it, and only ever shot anyone after they opened fire.

I didn't feel particularly bad about it.

I've also been told that they had to rewrite the game because when they used to have non-violent options in the beta stage, people would almost always choose those.
>>
>>47296634
But the guy who wrote apocalypse now also wrote homefront and that's an even bigger crock of shit
>>
>>47292808
I want to give all my chocolate to your GM
>>
>>47294787
>trying to reason with a fetishfag
>especially one of the edgier ones
>>
>>47296902
I can understand that. I mean, I love Fallout, but when it's possible, I try to talk things out.
Except with Vulpes, that faggot always die.
>>
>>47294092
>What, did you think that only PCs could resurrect?

AHAHAHA BRILLIANT
>>
>>47294092
You, I like you.
>>
>>47297098
>>47297104
Oh gee, what a strange coincidence that two identical posts are praising the same guy that everyone else makes fun of.
>>
File: bruh.png (5 KB, 779x104) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
5 KB, 779x104
>>47297113
>>
>>47297113

>>47297129
REKT
>>
>>47297140
>>47297129
Shush, before he pulls the photoshop card.

Not only does this idiot >>47297113
not realize that when one anon praises something at the bottom of the thread, front page anons see it and check it out, but also he missed >>47294572 who also likes the cunt.

Shitposters gonna shitpost and call samefag on those liking what they don’t.
>>
>>47297186
I am fairly sure that >>47295809 also likes the bastard.
>>
File: 1452881187342.png (226 KB, 411x518) Image search: [Google]
1452881187342.png
226 KB, 411x518
I have no time or desire to give (you)s to all the sick fucks in this thread, so i'll just agree with >>47296052
>>
>>47290382
What a cowardly cunt you ended up being, Alex.
>>
>>47294457
Google S Zenith Lee.
>>
>>47293848
>>47296438
This is amazing.
>>
File: 1358007295513.jpg (37 KB, 332x332) Image search: [Google]
1358007295513.jpg
37 KB, 332x332
>>47296902
>I've also been told that they had to rewrite the game because when they used to have non-violent options in the beta stage, people would almost always choose those.
Kek.
So, Undermeme is literally a better Spec Ops?
>>
>>47292582
Find Familiar is basically a crapshot where either you get something immune to non-silver weapons, at which point you become a town destroying monster, or you get a normal animal, at which point you don't.
>>
File: 36869.jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
36869.jpg
56 KB, 640x480
>>47290413
>>
>>47297129
>>47297140
>>47297186
>that butthurt.
>>
File: 1439484418391.jpg (291 KB, 892x1348) Image search: [Google]
1439484418391.jpg
291 KB, 892x1348
>>47297326
No. Undertale went for an entirely different message and had different ideas behind it. It was basically asking, 'do you want to be a dick?' and if you said 'yes,' it made you feel like an asshole, and if you said 'no,' it made you feel good.

Spec Ops was basically the equivalent to videogame propaganda. It wanted to bash AAA titles like CoD that set up the US as the unquestionable good guy and had stories that were an excuse to shoot without much substance as to why, and at the same time to try and address illusions of heroism in war and stuff like PTSD. The latter subjects it actually touches on fairly well, especially with its emotional ending. The former stuff is harder to appreciate because we literally are not the intended audience - we're not Modern Warefare teenagers who've never touched a deeper game. We're not shocked and awed, so the message is lost on us.
>>
>>47297418
I'd really like more games about PTSD.
In fact, I want a game à la Silent Hill where you're helping a guy suffering from PTSD to get better. Like Lone Survivor but with an actual good ending.
>>
File: 1439481213718.jpg (729 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1439481213718.jpg
729 KB, 1600x1000
>>47297418
To make this more /tg/ related, if you're making a campaign, know your audience. Expose the skeptics to innocent truth, and shock and awe the gullible. It can add a nice, appreciable twist to a game to have expectations undermined like that.

But undermining values is a lot harder. Don't go forcing political messages on someone who feels in the complete opposite way, because that feels far more like a personal attack. Don't shame them for killing the dwarven war party because they're racist bigots who didn't understand dwarven culture if you didn't give them enough background to even think to ask for peace.
>>
>>47297418

FarCry 3 tries to pull a similar moralizing, but when a.) the pirates are literally drugged out murder/rapists, b.) we have no control over Jason's imposed personality aside from a single choice at the end of the game, and c.) there's no way to meaningfully interact with the world beyond luring tigers into bases... Telling the player they're bad for killing imaginary bad guys is complete BS.

Worse, there's a "crazy old lady" in the village where you meet the CIA spook who tells you you're a puppet and can see your strings, and such, calling attention to the fact that "LOL ur playin a gaem m8!"

Irritating shit.

On topic, as a DM, I've been trying to take the kid gloves off. For a long, long time, I fudged dice and pulled BS where characters wouldn't die and whatnot. But really, I was just cheating everyone of consequence and also preventing the story from developing naturally and organically from the die rolls and player choices.

I was trying to be nice, but now I think I wasn't helping anyone at all.
>>
File: 120.13.png (1 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
120.13.png
1 KB, 240x240
>>47295022
>>47295055
>B-but you had a choice! You could have just turned the game off! Nobody forced you to do that

Righteous dubs blowing that enforced moral guilt out of the water
>>
>>47297500
That's what I did with Hotline Miami. I turned the game off.
>>
>>47294920
>>47293848
Magic too, in one game my character suffered permanent damage to their lung, so in the 'sequel' campaign they got blood magic cast on them to heal it like a crutch and essentially used the injury as inspiration to become a powerful wizard
>>
>>47297326
yes
>>
>>47293848
>>47296438

I didn't ask for this.
>>
>>47297500
If you think about it, isn't that a weird message? Especially when at the end of the game, one of the things that Konrad could say to you is 'It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him?'

Like, turning the game off before you reach the end is sort of a weakness. A victory for the gamemakers, who want to make the players feel so uncomfortable they don't even want to keep playing, but it doesn't allow the player to reach any sort of satisfying conclusion, and it means they weren't able to handle the deeper ideas that the gamemakers were trying to convey anyway.
>>
>>47295020
>>47294748
>>47294457
Hey, hey dude.
Potgirls.
>>
>>47297553
>>>/d/
>>
>>47297277
The issue is the guy thinks we're DON'T want a sex toy. Where if you look closely i specifically said i want a thing who's every aspect of life is decided by me? Don't want sexy times? Too bad? Want some more kibble in your food bowl? I'll fucking think about it. If she's stuck on her back like a turtle i'd probably he too busy laughing to actually flip her over before i head out to work.
>>
>>47297553
Can you guys please discuss your fetish elsewhere? I find despair arousing but you don't hear me shitting up threads with it.
>>
>>47297566
I find spanking arousing and I haven't mentionned it either.
>>
>>47297566
Why not? This does seem to be the thread for it and i think we can all agree people over on /d/ are fucking weirdo's.
>>
>>47297511

Hotline Miami doesn't try to tell you you're a bad person if you enjoy the game. The fact that you didn't enjoy the game is only a matter of taste.

>>47297456

Yeah. You definitely need to know your audience for PnP RPGs. Something I'm not comfortable with is describing dead bodies in grisly detail, or going too deep into combat wound description. Not only do I not find it appealing, but I don't want to make other people uncomfortable.

Despite being really desensitized to cartoon/movie/video game violence, real violence (or even imagined violence) isn't something I like.
>>
>>47297566
>>47297577
I find both despair and spanking arousing. You guys want to get together and do something?
>>
>>47297593
Depends. I call tops, forever.
>>
>>47297591
I do enjoy the game. Killing is fun.
I draw the line at the torture, however, and I was really shocked by the boiling water execution.
>>
>>47297603
Thats great, I'm a submissive masochist. Wait, this is supposed to be board related. Uh, I mean I'm a submissive masochist elf.
>>
>>47297590
This is supposed to be about discussing shitty things DMs do. Although I suppose shoving a fetish into things is tangentially related, as that is indeed a thing they do.
>>
File: The reckoning.png (26 KB, 801x145) Image search: [Google]
The reckoning.png
26 KB, 801x145
>>47297616
>an elf
I'm preparing the pyre.
>>
>>47297616
If you enjoy it that defeats the entire point.
>>
>>47297616
Humans ARE a major race in damn near every rpg.
>>
>>47297664
Except in Startopia RPG.
>>
>>47297646
Uh I meant wizard. A totally human wizard.
>>47297651
Wait, which part? I don't think you can enjoy feeling despair.
>>
>>47297590
Yeah, and you're fucking weirdos, so toddle off to /d/ already.
>>
>>47297614

Like I said, I'm really desensitized to cartoon violence. So much so that I barely remember that even being in the game.

Looking it up, it's possible I've never even used the pot of boiling water to kill someone in-game.

Ultimately, imaginary people, imaginary violence. If it bothers you, to each their own, and it's unfortunate that the game crossed that personal barrier and turned you off to it.
>>
>>47297712
I take pride in the fact I'm not completely desensibilized to violence, even virtual one.
>>
Would you consider this cruel?
>Going to far city and have to travel through a frozen forest
>They decide to go all napoleon and pack shit all for said journey other than some extra rations
>Make horrific mix of tuckers kobolds, Vietcong, and paste that onto a cult made up of dark folk
>They mostly hit and run with bows or cover the area in magic darkness and try to steal/destroy items
>Two nights in and they have had all their food stolen and the only tent ripped to shit
>The cultist are getting braver with attacks and are outright taunting them at times
>Finally goads the party into a chase
>They split up and with simply tricks cause the party to split up
>One guy nearly gets beaten to death and another ends up trapped in a cave
>Finally meet up again and are all low hp and hungry
>Cult is leaving poisoned food, water, and hurtful notes
>Come night they holler and bang shields together to prevent sleep and when that doesn't work splash the party with water gathered in pots
>Finally party escapes missing a few toes about 35% of their total gold and a little dignity
>>
>>47297727
>Cult is leaving poisoned food, water
>and hurtful notes
THE NERVE
>>
>>47297727

It might have seemed unfair at the time, but they chose to go into a subarctic forest with little to no provisions, and they faced a clever enemy that split them up (and they fell for this).

However, you should have kept track of how much sleep the cultists were getting, since all those shenanigans to keep the PCs weary would also do the same to the cultists unless they worked in carefully coordinated shifts (which seems farfetched to me).

The poisoned food might be a little cruel. But hopefully the PCs learned their lesson.
>>
>>47296359
This is bait.
>>
File: 1463195842930.jpg (173 KB, 999x1300) Image search: [Google]
1463195842930.jpg
173 KB, 999x1300
>>47297725
This

I also believe it is important in how it is handled. I actually find to the movie Natural Born Killers to be fucking ethically detestable. It has been linked to like over a half dozen spree shootings and murders of people trying to imitate the retarded edgy 90's nihilism.

Somewhat related, I also oppose filmmakers depicting children using guns in a heroic way or weapons period in a movie. Toddlers have killed 23 people so far this year in America with guns. Obviously the answer would be gun control but until then
>>
>>47297776
Ya in hindsight i should have thought about the cultists sleep routine as i had the same 5-10 follow them and stage attacks. Although the food i made not to hard to discern rather it was poisoned or not.
>>
>>47297794
Now this is top quality bait, desu
>>
>>47297794
Gun control will never happen because
>muh second amendment
and
>i cant feel safe around people if i dont have a gun
>>
>>47297794
What do you think of Postal?
>>
File: Scooby doo.webm (730 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Scooby doo.webm
730 KB, 1280x720
>>47297727
It's just me but generally the moment anyone goes 'They're like tuckers kobolds' I just drown out whatever they're saying with 'I'm going to make this as unfun and just frustrating for the PC's and I will make sure there's nothing they can do about it because tuckers kobolds are that good'.

So, i'd just consider it a dick move, not cruel.
>>
>>47297809
Shouldnt a filmmaker, Oliver Stone, be responsible if his films incite a half dozen schizos into shooting up malls and schools? The answer is yes of course.
>>
>>47297820
It's not serious enough to be edgy.
>>
>>47297809
>anything I strongly disagree with is bait
>>
>>47297827
That begs for Yakety Sax.
>>
>>47297831

No. You should blame Reagan for shutting down the mental healthcare system that existed in this country. People who are incapable of telling reality from fiction are sick, and need treatment before they become a problem.
>>
>>47297832
I mean Postal 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYdW3gmXU64&index=1&list=PLbV4TIdyfSzaKfCv8AAKwOKVoSvCdMz5v

>>47297827
I always thought that Tucker's Kobolds were a little too smart to be proper kobolds.
>>
>>47297846
What the fuck is that.
>>
>>47295020
>Surgical amputee's taken care of properly sit at 10% at 4, 6% at 3, 5% at 2 and 4% at 1.
What kind of disease requires surgial amputation of all four limbs?
>>
>>47297827
Well that might have been the wrong way for me to describe it. They weren't so much traps every five feet as they were simply using tactics. I played them keeping in mind
>We're weaker but outnumber
>We are more resilient and better prepared for the nature of this place
>We will never win in a head on fight
>>
>>47297590
>i think we can all agree people over on /d/ are fucking weirdo's.
This is EXACTLY why we're sending you to /d/.
>>
>>47294088
You sound like an incredibly boring person.
>>
>>47297858
Dumb fetishes, that's the disease.

People with stupid fantasies like this go to autistic lengths to justify it while remaining completely oblivious to how retarded it sounds to somebody who doesn't share their fetish.
>>
>>47294748
I hope people like you will get exterminated at some point, so you won't keep tainting our gene pool.
>>
>>47297845
No, I agree. We also need to make sure that they can't access guns

But Oliver Stone should also be held sccountable for his role in the various shootings his movie influenced. He tries to pass it off as satire yet all the characters are depicted to be cool as shit and suave. He made no attempt to depict Woody Harrledon as anything but the definition of a cool guy and of course crazy people are going to want to emulate that wanton violence that inextricably becomes associated with his coolness

Oliver Stone is a fucking moron and should have none better. To this day he hasnt apologized for the movie or the global mass murders it has inspired

>>47297820
Fine with it. It's supposed to be comedy. Look up above about why I hate that movie
>>
>>47297875

That's probably true of all fetishes, really.
>>
>>47291095
Fable was such a disappointment of a series.
>>
>>47297845
If we locked up everyone who can't tell fiction from reality all we'd have left is the .1% of the population that is atheists.
(And desu it'd be a small minority of atheists at that.)
>>
>>47297857
Your new horror soundtrack. I personally prefer Parade of Disasters.

>>47297858
Horrific accidents.
>>
>>47297846
Jesus can you say tryhard?
>>
>>47297881
Probably, but it always seems like it's the people with really outlandish fetishes that feel the need to justify their shit or who completely lack self awareness about it.
>>
>>47297858
I can really only think of extreme situations like extreme frostbite on all limbs or an accident of some kind but those aren't exactly diseases. Maybe something like flesh eating disease or gas gangrene that was left untreated for too long?
>>
>>47297858

frostbite can, or gangrene due to untreated diabetes
>>
>>47297858
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Quadruple_amputees
They generally have bigger stumps left than the fetishfag vision, but if the infections and shit were allowed to run longer, they could be ending worse.
>>
File: 1462644668459.jpg (292 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462644668459.jpg
292 KB, 1080x1080
>>47296052
This. My ideal woman is strong as fuck mentally and physically.
>>
>>47297880

I really disagree here anon. I'm willing to bet the movie didn't actually inspire anything, and that like DooM was for Columbine, merely something that appealed to an already unbalanced mind.

As for gun control, it's really difficult to justify in America, as it's a right that exists in our constitution and would require monumental effort to change it. More than that, existing gun control actually infringes on that right legally speaking.

And finally, gun control does nothing to stop someone from stealing guns from someone else. Which is what happened in Dark Knight Rises theater shooting. They weren't the shooter's guns - he stole them.
>>
>>47297910
Aand then look at that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetra-amelia_syndrome perfection for fetishers.
>>
>>47297590
No it isn't also you're at least as weird as /d/ if you're that anon who wants to have an amputee waifu.

Anyway back on topic the worst thing a GM has done to me has built monsters specifically designed to screw over your gimmick. I mean I was a little powerful but I didn't want to cheese the game I just wanted to take my gimmick to the max.
>>
File: k2379271.jpg (32 KB, 450x470) Image search: [Google]
k2379271.jpg
32 KB, 450x470
>>47297918
Congress can vote to add or repeal amendments

The constitution was written by a league of international slave owning plutocrats. That's not even a conspiracy theory either. Whp gives a fuck what they thought? It's not like America has done a good job adhereing to the Bill of Rights anyway dude. But look up the Wikipedia page about killings and killing sprees that are linked to the movie some to varying degrees and there are also passing references by the shooters of Columbine to it.

Whether Stone meant to or not, his film incited violence directly in some cases which isn't protected by the first amendment anyways.
>>
>>47297918
>And finally, gun control does nothing to stop someone from stealing guns from someone else
In canada I think you legally have to keep your guns in a gun safe, which cuts potential thieves down to those who own blowtorches and/or expensive drills
>>
>>47290348
How would you even combat that?

>Shoot at him, he swaps places with the shooter, the shooter shoots themselves.

I suppose you *could* attempt to lure him in to rape you, then, go for a surprise Donkey kick as he's lining up the wedding tackle. When he swapped places, just SLAM your pork sword into his now exposed asshole.

Or was it wrestling that slammed the psycher?
Or perils? Did perils eventually get him?
>>
File: youwhat.jpg (56 KB, 247x567) Image search: [Google]
youwhat.jpg
56 KB, 247x567
>>47297785
Not sure how that's supposed to be bait. It wasn't exactly some "3 natural 20s in a row" impossible bullshit, our wizard is just stupid as fuck cause hey he's never played the game before.
>>
File: 098.jpg (299 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
098.jpg
299 KB, 700x1690
And this thread was genuinely interesting at one point.
>>
>>47293848
One time, but it was enough.
>Make ambidextrous character with pretty much all feats sunk into two weapon fighting shenanigans
>Spend most of starting gold on two really nice weapons, even taking an armor hit to do so
>Not even rusty dagger shanktown here, level seven
>Two fights in, a shark fey thing surprise ambushes me in the middle of the party, jumping the thirty feet up the beach from the water, biting my arm off with a secret roll, and running away with both my arm and a very expensive kukri
>Call DM on this shit
>"Just go along with it, it's for the plot"
>The plot turns out to be dropping that thread forever and his girlfriend joining the group, along with a warning to all of us not to hit on her or "There will be consequences ehehehehe"
>Withstand two more sessions, then claim I have things to do on the weekend
>Game later fell apart because other players getting salty
>>
>>47295490
I hate the tiny part of me that wants this.
>>
>>47298036
Amputate it.
>>
File: 1388184240635.png (144 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1388184240635.png
144 KB, 640x360
>>47289767
I bully one of my players sometimes.

>Party likes to split up constantly
>Use it as an excuse to have private sessions with each player between the full party sessions
>One player is the gung-ho warrior type that wants to fight every encounter
>Add extremely difficult but passive enemies in some rooms
>They won't attack him unless he attacks first, but he knows he can't actually beat them if he does
>Gets sidetracked trying to come up with convoluted plans just to theorycraft ways he could win the fight
>>
>>47295796
>>47296600
Yeah, it's pretty plausible that you were just That Guy and nobody liked you, they just didn't say it to your face because this is /tg/ and we're all a bunch of fucking betas.
>>
File: faceofmercy.png (52 KB, 171x154) Image search: [Google]
faceofmercy.png
52 KB, 171x154
my players came to me because they know I'm an autistic /k/ommando who makes fighting hard and puzzles fun.
fight me
>>
>>47297972

>Constitution

It takes a 2/3 majority in both the House and the Senate man. It also took a war to repeal slavery.

Jefferson didn't want slavery in the constitution, but the Southern states wouldn't have signed. It was a compromise that was wrong, and led to more death and misery down the line... but I'll take the plutocrats over kings, thanks.

>Mobies and videogaems make people killers guise!

You're making a baseless accusation. Unbalanced minds were attracted to, and may have interpreted the film in their own crazy way, but it didn't "incite" them to violence. They chose to commit violence. A movie is not some kind of magic mind control.

The first amendment doesn't protect slander either.

>>47297979

Which wouldn't go over well. Part of the problem with having a plutocracy is that gun manufacturers have a strong lobby, and lot of them are part of the military industrial complex, as it has been so named. Which also has a lobby.

And the biggest problem with that, is it influences foreign policy.

It still wouldn't stop black market gun sales, and really dedicated gun thieves. Who would then sell to the crazies no questions asked.

Also, I'm going to bed. It's far to late (or too early) to keep this up.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160517-053201.png (101 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160517-053201.png
101 KB, 1080x1920
>>47294501
>>
>>47298095
>(previously)
Heh.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.