[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horus Heresy General /hhg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98
File: HH Updated 6.jpg (196 KB, 870x579) Image search: [Google]
HH Updated 6.jpg
196 KB, 870x579
Don't Ride The Over Omega Edition
Free scholarship to Tizca University Sub-Edition
In the old thread we saw some well done models, why Thallax get hate was asked, reposted pictures from Warhammer Fest were posted again, recasts and resin were talked about, power armor mark discussion that didn't devolve into a mk3 vs mk4 happened, what would be the Overwolf for other legions popped up, new Titans inbound and more in the old bread >>47251994
Red Book Links:
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
File: what is going on in this thread.png (268 KB, 278x796) Image search: [Google]
what is going on in this thread.png
268 KB, 278x796
First for Night Lords.
>>
>>47267758
Second for talk to your children about not taking candies from strange warp entities.
>>
Which Legion?
>>
>>47267840

More proof that if Emps tried to raise them they would have been taken away by child protection services
>>
File: 1445135809421.jpg (61 KB, 554x468) Image search: [Google]
1445135809421.jpg
61 KB, 554x468
>>47267840
If it has tentacles I'm certain that the Primarchs would know it just wants to slap all of your 30k goodies away, and make your modern counterparts suck.
>>47267887
Which legion what?
>>47267892
He never had the chance.
>>
>>47267887
Word Bearers are the best and worst legion.
>>
>Read the HH series
>Read FW
>Mort is the toughest of the primarchs, able to withstand forces that would lay low his brother primarchs

And yet he went down to a single punch from Draigo...
>>
>>47267923
You mean just worst?
>What dad you wanted your empire to be atheist and we did just the opposite?
>I wonder why he burned our cities dedicated to his worship?
>Hurr durr the only way to save the Imperium is by having everyone worship the dark powers of Chaos and kill billions of innocents
>Best legion
>>
File: 3a5.jpg (58 KB, 640x499) Image search: [Google]
3a5.jpg
58 KB, 640x499
>>47267967
That's Chaos for you. It took away from him but Draigo is a Grey Knight who's job is to murderize daemons, and knew Morty's true name.
>>
>>47268032
You sound like a Space Wolf enthusiast. I bet you don't even think much of Angron.
>>
Finally getting around to painting my B@C Tacticals. I forgot how miserable it is to be painting dudesmans instead of glorious Forge World silliness.
>>
>>47268131
Confession: I hated MKIV until they released Calth.

Wish there was more head and torso diversity but they're super-easy to work with and modify.
>>
>>47268076
Why should I when I have Leman Ruff?
I hope to Emperor that the thread doesn't become full of wolf jokes due to this post
>>
>>47268032
>>Hurr durr the only way to save the Imperium is by having everyone worship the dark powers of Chaos and kill billions of innocents

He was shown the fate of empires that abandoned religion and embraced themselves and secularism. For example, the fate of the Eldar. The Eldar were destroyed by Slaanesh not because he is evil or whatever, but because at moment of her birth all Eldar subconsciously rejected xir.

Slaanesh loves the Eldar like a child loves his parents but the spurning he received from them wounded him so much. Now he is a child, petty and innocuously cruel, venting his anger on the parents that did not want him.

Humanity was walking on the same path the Eldar and othr elder races walked. A path to destruction. Lorgar saved humanity.
>>
>>47268155
No disagreement here. Great sculpts, and lots of bits to play around with.

But they are annoying as hell to highlight. I'd much rather be painting another Deredeo or more nice FW Contemptors.
>>
>>47268175
>>47268175
>The Eldar were destroyed by Slaanesh not because he is evil or whatever, but because at moment of her birth all Eldar subconsciously rejected xir.
>Slaanesh loves the Eldar like a child loves his parents but the spurning he received from them wounded him so much. Now he is a child, petty and innocuously cruel, venting his anger on the parents that did not want him.
Yeah right.
>>
>>47268175
Guys,who gave Erebus the keyboard again?
I get at what your saying but if that happened humanity would be claimed by civil ( really very uncivil ) war as the four gods used humanity as their pawns until we were wiped out
And besides
The Emperor just wants to love you
>>
>>47268268

its its almost exactly what Ingethel the Ascended tells Argel Tal aboard the Orfeo's Lament though
>>
>>47268268
>>47268212
In the realm of flesh, sentient life is born ensouled. In the realm of raw thought, all life is soulless. But both are alive. The Born and the Neverborn, on both sides of reality. Destined for symbiosis. Destined for union.

-----------------------

>Chaos seeks symbiosis with life: the Ensouled and the Neverborn in natural harmony. Union. Faith. Power, Lorgar. Immortality and endless possibility. Sensations beyond mortal comprehension. The ability to feel maddening delight at any agony. The gift of ecstasy even when you are destroyed, making even death a great joke, knowing you will incarnate in another form over and over until the suns themselves go black.

>And when the stars die, Chaos still lives on in the cold – still perfect, still exultant, still pure. This is everything humanity has ever dreamed of – to be unchallenged in the galaxy, to be omnipotent above all other life, and to be eternal.

-From "Aurelian"

To unity. symbiosis. Born and Neverborn as one. This is the glorious future promises humanity. So don't believe imperial lies.

Argel Tal and his brethren are the forerunners of this glorious future.
>>
File: tired of your shit.png (976 KB, 644x730) Image search: [Google]
tired of your shit.png
976 KB, 644x730
>>47267967
Because he decided to become a slave to baldness, and form that moment his fate was sealed.
>>
How would one stat Thunder Warriors?
>>
>>47268155
I still dislike things like the Mk IV Assault Squad, just because the chest plates look so bare and boring. Tacticals in Mk IV look beter because they have that harness thing going on. If I ever get assault marines it'll definitely be Mk II.
>>
File: come get enriched.jpg (690 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
come get enriched.jpg
690 KB, 1920x1080
>>47268159
Why do you want to deny this thread some cultural enrichment, anon?
>>
>>47268332
SLAAAAAVE TOOOOO THE POWEEEER OF DEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATH
>>
>>47268175
If you want to avoid being consumed by a vengeful child-god then how about, and hear me out, NOT creating a motherfucking vengeful child-god in the first place by avoiding religion and extreme emotions?
>>
>>47268389
>by avoiding religion

The reason why Slaanesh was born is because the Eldar abandoned their religion and embraced excess and self worship.

This weakened the Eldar Gods and eventually gave birth to Slaanesh.
>>
Does anybody know of a good rapier that would fit a marine? I want my praetors paragon blade to be a rapier

I play White Scars
>>
>>47267967
Always like morts legion and backstory, to bad he turned out to be such a fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>47268437
Dark Elves
>>
>>47268328
I just wanted to organize my picture folders, but my inner Inquisitor is holding me at gun point. Any symbiosis with Chaos can only lead to ruin.
>>
>>47268437
Just grab a wire and stick it on a hilt of choice.
>>
>>47268341
>Tacticals in Mk IV look beter because they have that harness thing going on.

That "harness" is the power cables for the suit. The assault marines are fitted with extra armour on the chest to protect these cables.
>>
>>47268437
Just use a scimitar.

Mongols used scimitar-like blades on horseback, so it should be a close fit.
>>
File: craigmydog[1].jpg (32 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
craigmydog[1].jpg
32 KB, 300x168
>>47268344
Aye,brother let us show them the
>>
>>47268457
>MkIV has visible power cables
>one of the reasons why MkV is considered inferior is visible power cables
>>
File: Earl_E_Cruz_Aide.jpg (314 KB, 1090x717) Image search: [Google]
Earl_E_Cruz_Aide.jpg
314 KB, 1090x717
>>47268328
If symbiosis with the neverborn would mean to cease to be human, then I reject it. Why do you seek to escape human nature? Are you scared of being a tiny human in an uncaring hostile universe? Scared of the natural frailty of our species? You have the potential, as a human, to contribute to great things, yet you waste your gifts seeking to be enslaved to entities that show as much interest in you as they would to new toys to play with. Because that's what you'll be to them. Even empowered by energies beyond measure, you'll be just their plaything. It's the same reason Abaddon accepts their help but not their comunion, for he knows his identity would be forfeit. Not even your champion accepts your so called "primordial truth"!

Chaos are simply another kind of life. Different xenos with terrible tricks and even worse intentions, that's all, and those are the ones you seek comunion with? Disapointing, a waste of mankind's promise.

Humanity must come together, for we are many and are capable of great things. Overcome the numberless, topple giants and defeat the unknown. All of this requires sacrifice of untold billions, to ensure that human civilization, not xenos, dominates this galaxy now and always. And as we do so, humanity shall improve and evolve, leaving behind the obsolete, but by our own doing, not by becoming the pawns of xenos.
>>
>>47268587
Pretty sure the MkIV has auxiliary cables under the armour. The MkV has all the cables outside of the plating (which is why it has those bits running down the arms and legs), though some versions used MkIV cabling when available. MkVI has external and internal cabling to have a redundancy in case of emergency and MkVII and VIII has it all under the plates. MkII also has visible cables, though they're somewhat sunken into the plates, so they're not as exposed. MkIII has plates, so they cover the cables.
>>
>>47268437
You need to use the curvy sword of curvyness, a Scymitar. Mongols wouldn't use an european duelling blade of later centuries, not even after sacking it.
>>47268453
It doesn't mention dinosaurs because ignorance is the only way to protect mankind.
>>47268341
>>47268457
>>47268587
MkIV isn't supposed to have visible cables. I know those FW models have it. It's wrong. MkII had exposed cables and that was a flaw that MkIII tried to correct by adding extra plates (that ended weighing it down).
MkIV was the compromise between weight and hidden cables, and that's what made it better.
>>
Guys lets all get this thread back on course.
Somebody get the memes ready
>>
File: OF COURSHE.jpg (881 KB, 1470x1442) Image search: [Google]
OF COURSHE.jpg
881 KB, 1470x1442
>>47268794
It was all part of the plan :^)
>>
>>47268465
>>47268714
The fluff is it's a present he got off his Forge-Lord EC friend at the end of his time in the Legionary exchange programme. They run into each other on Terra and have a duel, who ends up winning is unknown at this point.

I think I might go with >>47268455 and fancy up the hilt with it.
>>
>>47268344
Aren't those drop pods going to hit the space marines?
>>
File: the_lost_ones_by_lynxc-d95nas6.png (1 MB, 1172x726) Image search: [Google]
the_lost_ones_by_lynxc-d95nas6.png
1 MB, 1172x726
>>47268842
Tragic brothers!
>>
>>47268838
Just remember what Perty said my fellow siege brother.
>>
>>47267840
>Is it human?
>No
>Don't give it the time of day, or anything other than the good ol' bolter and chainsword.
Done.
>>
>>47268883
No, they're going to enrich them. The wolfpods will know their own.
>>
>>47268333
Blackshields, probably Chymeriae
>>
>>47268903
>The Codex Astartes names this maneuver Wolf Wolf
>>
If I start playing Raven Guard, using both that one special character who can get a flier onto the field turn one and a Skyshield Landing Pad to have two fliers on the field on my first turn, what are the best two (non-LoW) fliers to slap down? One would have to be a Storm Eagle, Caestus, or other transport flier in order to have the character inside it. The other one could be anything (Fire Raptor? Lightning?)
>>
>>47268886
Hopefully, the story is they become friends through a mutual love of great art, become battle-bros and then the heresy happens

By the time of Terra the FL is a drug addled maniac obsessed with making better sex-robots, and the Praetor is a stony cold pragmatist who now believes art is a waste of the Imperiums time and resources.
>>
>>47269006
Depends entirely on the rest of your army.
>>
I just told my LGS group that I'm planning on allying 2 Knight Gallants as a Questoris Detachment to my Imperial Fists Legion with a heavy Black Templar theme...and they all said it was a horrible/hilarious idea and I should do it. Would it really be that bad?
>>
File: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD!.jpg (175 KB, 617x891) Image search: [Google]
LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD!.jpg
175 KB, 617x891
>>47269054
When you said Templars this is all I could think of. But I say you go for it anon. Some of the most hilarious armies are the most fun to play as.
>Captcha Cogswell
>Praise be the Omnissiah
>>
>>47269013
Nice, I love it.
I fluffed my MoS to become a Moritat due to betrayal making him obsessed with vengeance. And now a Moritat mini is going to be released.
>>
File: mk4-rt-era.jpg (146 KB, 604x1118) Image search: [Google]
mk4-rt-era.jpg
146 KB, 604x1118
>>47268714
>MkIV isn't supposed to have visible cables.

Since when?
>>
File: GW_Mk4s.jpg (24 KB, 412x276) Image search: [Google]
GW_Mk4s.jpg
24 KB, 412x276
>>47268714
>MkIV isn't supposed to have visible cables. I know those FW models have it. It's wrong.
That's bull, MkIV has always had exposed cables.
>>
>>47269111
That's kinda my thinking. I have a Knight Crusader and it's boring as hell to play with. It just sits in back like a tank. I wanted something different and cheap points wise so that I can still have a lot of Imperial Fists running around.
>>
File: ec maximus.png (6 MB, 1980x1410) Image search: [Google]
ec maximus.png
6 MB, 1980x1410
>>47269152
>>47269302
Hmm, I guess I went with the EC's version of MkIV, which lacks exposed cables. But it could be artificer. Overall, there are examples of MkIV with and without exposed cables. Turns out it's difficult to standarize an entire galaxy of sub-patterns. Still, exposed cables are dumb.
>>
>>47269545
In FW books, off the top of my head I don't think any MKIV has had exposed power cables, only the old as fuck minis those anons posted.
>>
File: SoH MkIV.png (6 MB, 1980x1430) Image search: [Google]
SoH MkIV.png
6 MB, 1980x1430
>>47269583
No no, I too was thinking of that, but turns out there's a lot of MkIV variety, like pic related. Further gives weight to the idea that artificer MkIV has hidden cables (the book actually calls them radiator units though).
>>
>>47269583
They're on the B@C Mk IV as well, so it's not terribly old I personally think having something on the chest just doesn't look good. Like the EC variant looks fine without it because it has the aquila.
>>
File: Chaplain.jpg (68 KB, 459x359) Image search: [Google]
Chaplain.jpg
68 KB, 459x359
>>47269545
Just like with the assault and destroyer squads models, the BaC chaplain, etc. They have an additional plate fitted on top of the cables. MkV suits can have a similar thing. It's been in the fluff for ages.

I modeled all my MkIV sergeants with torsos that have plate on top of the cables, so it looks more like Artificer Armour. Blood Angels Tactical box, Death Company box come with such torsos. Likewise I modeled my MkVI sergeants with plastic assault squad torsos with the straps, since they look like armoured up cables.
>>
File: 1460401247188.jpg (362 KB, 1280x1638) Image search: [Google]
1460401247188.jpg
362 KB, 1280x1638
So lads, I'm looking too expand the small amount of World Eaters stuff that I got for Christmas. I've got a preator and 2 tac squads (with chain axes of course) and was wandering where to go next. I'm also curious about units specific to the World Eaters, Kharn, red butchers and whatnot. They any good?
>>
File: glorious mkIII DG.png (6 MB, 1963x1430) Image search: [Google]
glorious mkIII DG.png
6 MB, 1963x1430
>>47269654
All the problems that could be solved by simply using MkIII. Look how it endured an ork AP3 weapon. I want betrayal at MkIII.
>>
>>47269787
Kharn is pretty good
Few things can stand to Butchers, although they're points heavy.
Everything else (Rampagers that don't get rampage, Caedere weapons that are worse than power swords, loyal WE that need to get their shit kicked in to gain Rage...in an ongoing combat) is subpar.
>Where to go next
You need transports to get people with power weapons to fuck people up. Many use LRs because they are resilient and can serve as antitank too, but maybe you'd want something cheaper and/or different.
Also, get ranged stuff. Maybe Kheres Contemptors?
>>
>>47269796
>actually giving a shit about your armour
>not just scavenging pieces from the field and keeping them together with bonding studs

MKV best armour
>>
File: mk4.png (2 MB, 722x1048) Image search: [Google]
mk4.png
2 MB, 722x1048
>>47269879
>MkV user scavenging for armour because a stubber round ruined his exposed cables
>Franctically looking for a dead MkIII user that didn't need to be killed with antitank weapons, or with a headshot, kinda like what pic related ended up doing.
>MkIII never breaks.
>MkIII Master Armour.
>>
Is the godhammer styled landraider any good? I have a land raider on a shelf, but I haven't gotten it because I particularly don't like raiders and FW has a nasty habit of making GW kit stuff sucky.
>>
File: rage.gif (912 KB, 240x176) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
912 KB, 240x176
>>47269879
>battlefield repaired armour is MkV may-may
>>
>>47269969
it's a decent workhorse thanks to the machine spirit

spartan is basically it on steroids, though
>>
>>47269969
"Godhammer" is the name of the lascannon pattern that most Land Raiders use. The regular Land Raider is represented in 30k by the Land Raider Phobos (assault transport).
And no, it's not good since you can't stick a unit+IC in them due to the 10 model transport capacity, and there are no 12-man/16-man varians like the Redeemer or Crusader in 30k
Furthermore, pay 45 pts more and you get the Spartan, with 200% the transport capacity, 200% the firepower and extra options like the Flare Shield, which make it nigh invulnerable to shooting from the front.
LR VARIANTS WHEN FW
>>
>>47269969
If you got a squad that fits it. I mean, a Spartan is stronger, packs 150% more dudes, better guns, etc. for not much more points, but I guess if you got a squad that maxes out at 10 and doesn't need a character... Hopefully it's a close combat unit, since for a shooty unit the Proteus is a cheaper option for all the other benefits of the Phobos.

Personally, since I dislike resin, I only got a Phobos (regular GW kit) and a Proteus (the old plastic MkI land raider kit).
>>
>>47269787
Kharn is good, Red Butchers are pretty good but beware about putting them up against other terminators with fists, it'll waste your 2W model. If those are 2 10 man tac squads, then you're wrong, you have 1 tac swuad with 20 people, you also need a Spartan. Apothecaries are a good choice, especially if you run Crimson Path to get 4+++ from regular Apothecaries, 3+++ from Gahlan Surlak. Kheres Contemptor-Mortis is good, I have a Leviathan I like, maybe get a Dreadclaw for the Red Butchers. As other anon said, Kharn is good, Rampagers are trash. Blood Madness is pretty good to get Rage instead of having to wait to get not-swept.
>>
>>47270094
>you can't stick a unit+IC in them

You can, the unit just can't be maxed out. For terminators, Praetor with 4 model terminator bodyguard fits into a Phobos just fine.
>>
File: 1460241445583.jpg (35 KB, 445x604) Image search: [Google]
1460241445583.jpg
35 KB, 445x604
>>47270043
>MKV is factory produced armour may-may
>>
>>47270136
Well yeah. I meant to say that some units have effectively 10-men min size, like vanilla termies, but 9 Veterans + a Consul fit in just fine. Also, should have said 250% transport capacity.
LR tank squads are fun, though.
>>
>>47270094
>200% the transport capacity

250%

>LR VARIANTS WHEN FW

Crusader and Redeemer are post-heresy creations. 12 model capacity for the Phobos should be mandatory, it's shit otherwise. And the fact that the Spartan is barely any bigger than the Phobos and packs more lascannons (meaning more laser generators), yet is able to sport 25 models vs. 10, it bullshit.

FW could release the Prometheus, since it's already feature in the FW books. Just give it a larger capacity (same way the Crusader exchanges the laser generators for transport capacity and stores the hurricane bolter ammo externally). Maybe the same 16 models. It could also have the ability to take the Proteus sensor web upgrade for an exchange of transport capacity (just like how the current Prometheus has a 10 model capacity, but packs extra HQ equipment).

But a man can dream, right?
>>
File: mark-5.jpg (183 KB, 370x770) Image search: [Google]
mark-5.jpg
183 KB, 370x770
>>47270147
Well, it is.

What's your source?
>>
>>47270226
>Space marine chapter, especially chapters that went over to Horus
Hmmm
>>
>>47270209
>We should get a LR pattern that makes both Phobos and Proteus obsolete, we're tired of selling them!
Of course a man can dream, but all I'm asking is 12 transport capacity, that's about it. I like the idea of exchanging the lascannons for alternate guns/some way of freeing up space.

Given how the Spartan can exchange its quad lascannons for a laser destroyer array, I can't see why regular LRs can't swap their twin lascannons for quad-heavy bolters like the ones found on rapiers. It'd be nice.
>>
File: Ghostrider rises.jpg (667 KB, 3405x2266) Image search: [Google]
Ghostrider rises.jpg
667 KB, 3405x2266
QUAD-FLAMERS WHEN
>>
>>47270324
>all I'm asking is 12 transport capacity

I guess the "LR VARIANTS WHEN FW" had me fooled.

I would assume the Prometheus would be its own variant, rather than a Phobos upgrade, since on top of the quad HBs it also lacks the hull HB.
>>
>>47270347
>Salamanders
>Doing things quickly
Pick one.
>>
>>47270273
It's older lore.
>>
>>47270273
Many legions were divided into chapters - most notably the UM and the WB

Still, that is old fluff, and if it were written now would almost certainly say "legions"
>>
>>47270226
MKV is both armour scavenged from the battlefield and the knobbly armour we all know and love.

Battlefield scavenged armour is non-production MKV, and knobbly armour is production MKV. it says so in retribution.
>>
File: Ghostrider rises 2.png (76 KB, 246x216) Image search: [Google]
Ghostrider rises 2.png
76 KB, 246x216
>>47270378
Don't they already have building sized flamers to burn off the Life Eater virus? Quad-flamers already exist, and they're probably master crafted. Me wants them.
>>
>>47270390
Why can't it be relevant now? I mean, yes, Horus had MkIVs for all the legions that were on his side, but not all the legions that fell to Chaos were with him from the outset of the Heresy, so it's perfectly feasible that once the Heresy broke out and the MkV was put into production, large shipments went to legions that fell to Horus during the Heresy.
>>
File: 40k Sea Life.jpg (34 KB, 461x346) Image search: [Google]
40k Sea Life.jpg
34 KB, 461x346
>>47270347
When the stars are right and then you can have triple flamers. You'll have to wait for the stars to align again to get quad flamers.
>>47270437
Yes but that's Kyme.
>>47270451
>Why can't it be relevant now?
I never said it wasn't relevant I was just telling the guy it's older lore. That's all.
>>
>>47270410
[citation needed]

There's scavenged and battlefield repaired suits in the FW books that are specifically not MkV. It makes no sense for them to just make a blanket category of suits with no uniformity, when they specifically say in the fluff and display on the models and in art, a suit with a clearly uniformal design. MkIV style solid plates (instead of MkII and III segmented ones), MkII cabling, extra plating studded on for extra protection. It makes less sense to have scavenged suits that are MkV and suits that aren't. What makes a slapped together suit a MkV and what doesn't?
>>
>>47270470
>I never said it wasn't relevant I was just telling the guy it's older lore. That's all.

Ok, my bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 606x481) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 606x481
>>47270525
It's okay, Anon. Take this retro art.
>>
File: mkv1.jpg (214 KB, 708x1038) Image search: [Google]
mkv1.jpg
214 KB, 708x1038
>>47270540
Shouldn't that be vintage? I always understood that "vintage" is old stuff and "retro" is stuff imitating the style of old stuff. Like vintage glasses is a pair of old (but not antique) glasses while retro glasses are new glasses in the style of old glasses.

Anyway, old art for the win.
>>
File: emperor_against_horus.jpg (263 KB, 1024x707) Image search: [Google]
emperor_against_horus.jpg
263 KB, 1024x707
>>47270540
>heresy for ants
>>
>>47270648
Never thought about that. I think you are correct in the usage.
>>
Best non HH book? Also what percentage of Alpha legion is loyal? Can I play as a loyal cell?
>>
File: Non Production MKV pg 86.png (271 KB, 335x402) Image search: [Google]
Non Production MKV pg 86.png
271 KB, 335x402
>>47270511
Here MKV is described as non-production, and has a blackshield with bits of MKIV, MKVI, and MKII in his armour, pg86 HH6

>10 trillion hours in ms paint
>>
File: Production MKV pg 223.png (89 KB, 346x293) Image search: [Google]
Production MKV pg 223.png
89 KB, 346x293
>>47270511
And here its described as production MKV, pg223 HH6

>20 trillion hours in ms paint
>>
File: 1438023185412.jpg (15 KB, 364x344) Image search: [Google]
1438023185412.jpg
15 KB, 364x344
Is the Emperor really a god?
>>
File: 70100181272_NightLordsOmni01.jpg (46 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
70100181272_NightLordsOmni01.jpg
46 KB, 600x620
>>47270723
>Best non HH book?
>>
>>47270809
Strange, that doesn't look like the Eisenhorn omnibus
>>
>>47270648
I think I was using the word retro wrong.
>>47270680
I didn't have a large version of it. Papa Sang looks rather disgusted in that picture.
>yfw too pure for this galaxy
>former closest brother now looks like some edgelord with downs
>hates what he did with the Vengeful Spirit
>>
So. Maru Skara for EC, is it a good Rite of War to take?
>>
>>47270821
They're both great
>>
>>47270809
Thanks I'll check it out. I have already read eisenhorn. How are you guys liking the beast arises series?
>>
File: 1430841380528.jpg (66 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1430841380528.jpg
66 KB, 399x382
>>47270809
>meme lords
>>
>>47270809
>Not G&F first omnibus
>>
File: u wot m8.png (569 KB, 412x753) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.png
569 KB, 412x753
>>47270900
>>
File: gw-mkv-fluff.jpg (39 KB, 383x476) Image search: [Google]
gw-mkv-fluff.jpg
39 KB, 383x476
>>47270727
>>47270743
I wonder then this "retroactive" classification as MkV was made.

At least this shows that MkV as a factory made suit is still a thing. I got to find that one suit that was an amalgamation of different marks with the description saying that is specifically was not a MkV suit.

Man, if only someone would scan those Marine armour mark cards that came with the limited edition SM codex. Would love to know what GW has said about them. Pic related is the best I've found on the web regarding the MkV.
>>
>>47270795
What is a god, anon?
>>
>>47270935
g&f?
>>
File: 1334957110557.jpg (363 KB, 800x1119) Image search: [Google]
1334957110557.jpg
363 KB, 800x1119
>>47270723
>Best non HH book?
space marine is gud

weird, but really fucking gud
>>
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-AU/Legion-Champion-and-Master-of-the-Signal?_requestid=2770597
Why does the legion champion have such a weird armor? I know it's artificer but still...
>>
>>47270992
Gotrek and Felix?
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 562x530
>>47270889
Poor execution riddled. The idea of a Warboss who went through major gains and became a super Ork leading a nearly galaxy crushing WAAGH is great and all but how they went about it is rather lacking. Like the whole Imperial Fists getting nearly killed to a man and replaced with a successor chapter. If they only had Phosphex with them the Beast's WAAGGH would have been stopped. Orks can't kill you if you burn them to death with Phosphex.
>>
What would be the easiest way to paint Imperial Fists if I'm just looking for tabletop quality? A GW white primer base and an Army Painter yellow spray? I watched a tutorial from StrikingScorpion and he made it look pretty damn doable for my skill level.
>>
>>47270900
>Bat-lords
>>
File: BATLORD.jpg (67 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
BATLORD.jpg
67 KB, 300x300
>>47271044
>>
>>47271037
>Grind up some mustard seeds into a fine powder
>Put yellow powder in mouth,swallow using Mello Yellow soda
>Open your ass cheeks and let the yellow mist cover the model
At least that's what I do anon.
>>
>>47271118
I said tabletop quality, I don't have enough time to enter into any Golden Daemon competitions this year.
>>
File: By the emperor how heretical.jpg (14 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
By the emperor how heretical.jpg
14 KB, 227x222
>>47271118
>>
>>47271065
Best lord
>>
>>47271118
>airbrushing in a nutshell
>>
>>47271154
Space Wolves were a mistake
>>
>>47270992
Gimon & Farfunkel?
>>
>>47271224
Yes
[Spoiler]They should have been called the Wolf Wolves instead[/spoiler]
>>
>>47271239
Gay & Faggot
>>
File: fight me.gif (2 MB, 405x305) Image search: [Google]
fight me.gif
2 MB, 405x305
>>47271007
Weird? Looks fine to me, how do you want it to be?
>>47271280
mfw
>>
>>47271314
The other leg is MkIV, the other is MkIII.
>>
>>47271118
my fucking sides, man. I don't want to know how you gaffiti the walls.
>>
File: Macho Man Randy Savage.png (42 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
Macho Man Randy Savage.png
42 KB, 300x250
>>47271314
>>
File: oo-yea.jpg (9 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
oo-yea.jpg
9 KB, 403x403
>>47271314
I think he's talking about the legs. One of the dudes look like he has one MkIV leg with MkV knee pad and one MkIII leg. Also the huge helmet.
>>
>>47271377
The smell is the worst part
>>
File: 3M2aPw2_700wa_0.gif (543 KB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
3M2aPw2_700wa_0.gif
543 KB, 352x264
>>47271335
>>47271404
Oh, you're right. The MoS' big helmet I assumed was the Cognis signum, but the champion is indeed wearing...dunno. I can only recognize the MkIII bits, but the pose doesn't help (non MkIII shoulder has studds it seems), and it lacks a decent zoom.
Could he be supplementing his armour with MkIII bits?
>>
>>47271335
>The sudden realization of what the Emperor's Children meant when he said he wanted to show you his other, OTHER mk3 leg.
>>
File: 1463098184114.gif (434 KB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1463098184114.gif
434 KB, 200x198
>>47271476
>>
>>47271476
I like mine Thunder pattern
>>
File: other-leg.jpg (14 KB, 143x322) Image search: [Google]
other-leg.jpg
14 KB, 143x322
>>47271476
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 236x354
>>47271476
>>
File: by the emperor.jpg (312 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
by the emperor.jpg
312 KB, 700x1690
>>47271476
>>
File: tumblr_lyb1nnsnS41ro4znwo1_400.jpg (30 KB, 262x489) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyb1nnsnS41ro4znwo1_400.jpg
30 KB, 262x489
>>47271476
>>
>>47271476
>>
>>47269842
>>47270124
Sound. I tell a lie though, I also have a contemptor kicking about.

>If those are 2 10 man tac squads, then you're wrong, you have 1 tac swuad with 20 people

I had planned on getting more tacticals at some point. Is foot slogging large blobs viable? I'm not really familiar with the meta but I've skimmed over the book and there seems to be a fair bit of AP3 kicking about. I guess that's what the spartan is for though.
>>
>>47270858
Yes

Better T1 movement is good and reliable T2 outflank/flyer reserves is great, and the only real drawback is mandatory champion which isn't that hard to fit in somewhere
>>
File: iron within you.jpg (141 KB, 1051x932) Image search: [Google]
iron within you.jpg
141 KB, 1051x932
>>47272067
>Sir, I see them, should I open fi-
>No no, not yet. Relay their coordinates to the Basilisk unit. Let them exit the ruins and, when they try to scurry back to cover, then you open fire.
>Roger, sir. Riding the Ironfire on your mark.
>>
>>47271037
>A GW white primer base and an Army Painter yellow spray
Why the GW "primer" (that isn't an actual primer)? AP sprays are both colored sprays and primers in one, no other product necessary.
>>
File: mk3.png (3 MB, 870x1231) Image search: [Google]
mk3.png
3 MB, 870x1231
Death Guard using Assault Squads as compulsory troops (instead of Taxical squads), yay or nay?

Also, to the guy sure about Despoilers on a Rhino hoping to sweep advance, how did that go?
>>
File: IMAG1098.jpg (753 KB, 2592x1552) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1098.jpg
753 KB, 2592x1552
EC moritat bro from last thread.
Almost fully assembled and almost completed the base as well.

can decide on the head, and on wether i should add a combat knife somewhere.
>>
>>47272202
>But sir they're a flier shouldn't we use-
>FIRE!!!
>>
>>47270978
Gave it a crack. This is the best I can do:

>Tainted by the Dark Gods, Warmaster Horus * upon the Emperor in open rebellion. In doing so he lit the flames of civil war that would rage across the Imperium and consume some of the greatest works of humanity forever.

>One grand endeavour brought crashing down by Horus * was the * of MkIV power armour. Barely half the Legions had received their new battle-plate by the time the rebellion broke out, and many of those turned traitor alongside Horus. Techmarines and Legion Astartes had not yet learned how to maintain or manufacture the MkIV suit, while the materials used in its creation swiftly became unavailable as supply lines were severed and worlds burned in the fires of war.

>With Maximus armour no longer viable, the Imperium was forced to create a new mark of power armour almost overnight. This MkV Heresy armour, as it became known, was a hybrid that incorporated what MkIV advancements could be salvaged while falling back on the more readily available and familiar materials and components of the MkII and III suits. * * * proved surprisingly durable and was easy to manufacture and maintain * *. However it suffered from * of drawbacks that many believed rendered it inferior to its predecessor.

>First was the forced return to exposed power cables, which did not fit beneath the armour's close-fitting components. Wearers often complained of * * * the cables * * and * a single well-placed shot * a foe's weapon could quickly cut power to some * all of the *. The distinctive * * much of this mark of armour are evidence of another weakness. Manufactured from substandard materials the MkV suit was reinforced by affixing a * * skin over its *. This * the armour's * weight and * a notable * in power drain in the field.

>Despite * *, MkV armour served its purpose and some Chapters still retain and even * of * mark, though many have cast it aside * * effort to * * from those dark days.

Looks like the same as before.
>>
>>47268333
Blackshield or jmperial militia power armoured ogryn.

The latter would need a boost of +1 to bs and ws though.
>>
>>47272329
MkIV helmet is fine. Just remembers not-purity seals are coloured different, as seen with >>47269545
And if you want to you could add a knife, as Moritats gain a second pistol instead of swapping their knife for one.
>>
File: IMG_1171.jpg (570 KB, 1326x1161) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1171.jpg
570 KB, 1326x1161
>>47272329
I used Eidolon's spare head on mine
>>
>>47268333
>>47268926
>>47272419
>Ogryns
That was back when Blood-wrought Chymeriae wasn't a thing. Bolters were already a thing with Thunder Warriors, right? Or were they using heavy stubbers?
>>
>>47272465
I'm asking because Chymeriae get stubbers, pariah bolters and bolters, while everyone was chill with using the Ogryn's Heavy Bolters as Thunderwarrior-weapon equivalents. And I don't know what thing he's holding there.
>>
>>47272444
>Dual plasma guns
Those were the times...
>>47272386
I guess flakk missiles it is, then.
>>
File: 20160515_160256.jpg (140 KB, 758x689) Image search: [Google]
20160515_160256.jpg
140 KB, 758x689
Is there any record of what happened to Forgebreaker after the heresy? I doubt demon-prince perturabo would have any use for it.

Im building a warboss and I thought it would be cool for him to have forgebreaker, looking very work and like hundreds of warbosses had stuck different gubbinz to it and painted it different colors over the millennia
>>
>>47272532
>very work
Very worn*
>>
>>47272532
>work
>ork
Don't worry I see what you did there anon
>>
File: Forgebreaker.png (189 KB, 316x604) Image search: [Google]
Forgebreaker.png
189 KB, 316x604
>>47272532
It was..."rescued" by the Blood Ravens.
>>
>>47272431
Thanks for the tip on the purity seals.
And i am definitly adding a combat knife, but i can't decide wether i'll place it on the hip or in his hand to get a solid snake-ish feel to it.
>>47272444
I wish i had that option man.

Since i have nothing better to do, here's the four heads i'm considering for the guy.
>>
File: So_Much_Boredom.jpg (911 KB, 1500x700) Image search: [Google]
So_Much_Boredom.jpg
911 KB, 1500x700
>>47272651
and of course i forget the fucking picture.
>>
>>47272532
The Blood Ravens liberated it and Fulgrim put a curse on it.
>>
>>47272651
>>47272666
>Oh no, I never considered the possibility of him being evil!
Don't take D. I feel like the inlet is going to pull in his crested helmet and break his neck.
How about putting the knife behind his hip, old-snake style? It's not like it'll be used too often (and if that happens, you're kinda doing it wrong).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R2aW03pwL0
>>
>>47272465
>>47272492
Thing is , TW were big guys and even scarier in CC than muhreens.

The FW story about that prison revolt talks abou them downing upt to 4 marines before goung down.

That sounds like multi-wound goodnes to me.

Would like to recreate that army opposing the Warhounds there, but Ogryns are to shit at shooting and hitting.
>>
>>47272666
A or B
>>
>>47272720
Hitting in cc , I mean. Due to low WS.
>>
File: Armour Through The Ages.jpg (49 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Armour Through The Ages.jpg
49 KB, 600x620
>>47272492
Bolters were a think I think - the MK I has a weird bolter type thing, though it also looks a bit plasma-y
>>
File: blackshield.png (465 KB, 424x617) Image search: [Google]
blackshield.png
465 KB, 424x617
>>47272720
>>47272748
Yes, I understood it. Chymeriae get +1T and +1S, but do get slowed by -1I. Maybe you could represent them using the Reaver lord entry of the Blackshields list. Duno man, I haven't looked deep into that list, but they have some mean things.
The Nemean Reaver rivals Sigismund by dint of sheer resilience.
>>
>>47272666
C (techmarine?) looks pretty cool, I'd say either that or B
>>
>>47272666
B. Go with B.
>>
>>47272785
They are cool as fuck.
They remind me of the old cursed founding WD rules.
>>
>>47272829
Source of inspiration perhaps.
>>
Speaking of Moriarts I was wondering why the EC would have them. That's a combo I don't see really working well.
>>
>>47272889
I asked the same thing in the last thread.

It's a good chance to show off and requires a fair bit of skill.
>>
>>47272913
Wouldn't that be possibly every EC legion champion?
>>
>>47272933
A shooty champion.
>>
>>47272666
B if you remove the Dark Angels iconography, otherwise A.
>>
>>47272933
True, but if one of them is an especially annoying braggin type, it could make sense for him to prove his skill in a more ... 'independent' role.
>>
>>47272852
The whole Heresy pulls me back to the days if yore, rule wise.
>>
>>47272950
Lucius with guns?
>>47272959
Lucius and Eidon are actually Moriarts?
>>47272968
A lot of the models are modern versions of ye olden RT era models.
>>
>>47272990
>Lucius with guns?
No, anon, they can actually win in a gunfight.
>>
>>47273066
I meant that as in what Lucius is in theory not in reality.
>>
File: Bashi_Bashouk_ Or_OldSnake.jpg (798 KB, 1500x700) Image search: [Google]
Bashi_Bashouk_ Or_OldSnake.jpg
798 KB, 1500x700
>>47272990
If either of them had been more prone to a more shooty approach , i could see them having been moritats.

>>47272723
>>47272802
>>47272818
>>47272958
Okay, overwhelming consencus says B.

Insomnia is acting up and i have nothing better to do.
Knife in hand (i'll adjust the hand grip of course)
or knife in belt on the back ?
>>
>>47273152
Far as I'm concerned they're choppy Moriarts. As for the knife put it on the back.
>>
>>47273152
Knife on belt, but use the knife that was in his hand instead of the knife that's on his belt currently
>>
>>47273152
Cant only Blood Angels take inferno pistols?
>>
>>47272212
Ok so I fucked up and it's a GW basecoat. I'm following StrikingScorpion82's Imperial Fist guide and he uses a grey primer, white base spray, and then a light spray of Army Painter primer. I'm mostly doing this because I fucking suck at painting and I like the results I saw on his video.
>>
>>47273384
Yep. I don't know why.
>>
>>47270978
So squinting at the card this what I have starting at the second paragraph:

"One grand endeavor brought crashing down by Horus's perfidy was the issue of MkIV power armour. Barley half of the Legion shad received their new battle plate by the time the rebellion broke out and many of these turned traitor alongside Horus. Techmarines and Legion Astartes had not yet learned how to maintain or manufacture the MkIV suit while the materials used in the construction swiftly became unavailable as supply lines were severed and world burned in the fires of war.

With Maximus armour no longer viable, the Imperium was forced to create a new mark of power armour almost overnight. This MkV, 'Heresy' armour as it became known, was a hybrid that incorporated what MkIV adamantium that could be salvaged while falling back on more readily available and and familiar materials and components of the MkII and MkII. The [illegible] proved surprisingly durable and was easy to manufacture and maintain [illegible]. However it suffered from a number of [illegible]."

The remaining section is about the exposed cables and so forth but their is nothing stating one way or another whether it is a product or scavenged suit. The section about scavenging MkIV suits seems to imply that they were at least partially recycled though.

Personally I think that the MkV is a bit of both scavenged and produced. Essentially yes there was a production model but since it contained bits and pieces of Mk II Mk III and Mk IV the scavenged suits end up rolled in with the legitimate production suits.
>>
>>47272889
>>47272913
Huh, funny. My Moritat is a dude who wishes he was dead, trying to go down guns blazing. I assume he's quite pissed that I keep reviving him from "removed as a casualty". IW.
Must be a legion thing.

Guys, how do you make your Moritats?
>>
>>47273441
Never mind >>47272387 beat me to it
>>
>>
>>47273469
+30000 for using True Siggy
>>
>>47273232
>>47273361
So on the belt it is.

Any last ideas before i start painting him ?
>>47273384
Yeah, i just wanted a on odd looking gun so i wont raise too many brows if i say its a vulkite gun one game, and a normal bolt pistol in another.
>>47273454
Do you mean how we fluff our own moritats ?
>>
>>47273537
* any last ideas on what else could be added to him
>>
>>47273537
Yeah, how do you fluff your Moritats?
>>
>>47273554
Dont forget to shave off the blood angels symbol on his head
>>
>>47273066
Slammed, to be fair he did beat Loken the second time around in a couple of seconds. And he did behead a chaplin ontop of his LR. Seems pretty bad ass.
>>
File: image.png (604 KB, 600x753) Image search: [Google]
image.png
604 KB, 600x753
>>47273454
I'm making an UM Moritat. Dude was a troubled man due to a brush in with Chaos in his early life leading to his suicidal tendencies and always felt tainted, seeking death to find purity he longed for. He would later become a champion of a successor chapter after the heresy only finding the death he craved at least two thousand years later.
>>47273469
I love you.
>>
>>47273573
Fuck I'm half asleep, meant Dark Angels
>>
>>47273557
Haven't quite finished fluffing him out, but i'm toying around with the idea that he's a moritat on a path of seeking self-redemption for his imperfection and some horrible act.
I also like the idea of him being buddy with Saul Tarvitz.
I'll sleep on it before actually making a background or name for him.
>>47273573
>>47273623
I'll get to it right away.
>>
>>47273557
Alpha Legionnaire here. My initial idea was for a blind Moritat who instead uses psychic powers to perceive the world around him.

Having later pulled out the blindfolded head from the old mutations sprue, I discovered (probably not for the first time) that not only was the head blindfolded, it had its mouth sewn shut and its ear and nose cut off.

At that point he stopped being a psychic gunslinger of superlative skill and started to become something darker and more twisted. Ritually scarred and mutilated by his own brethren in accordance with an ancient and better forgotten rite from the Old Night, The Moritat is now some manner of daemonhost and uses his warp imbued and enhanced abilities to deal swift and widespread death on the battlefield.
>>
>>47274107
Holy shit. Reminds me of that Old Night walking-exterminatus man from the Fist's exemplary battle. The Howling is within him.
>>
>>47274219
Wasn't the Howling an alien cyborg?
>>
>>47274396
He's talking about The Screaming, a psy-plague that turned people into screaming psychopaths of fire and lightning and spread by sound.
>>
>>47274396
Mistook the name. What >>47274418 says. On Neptune (?), which was worrying Due to how close it was to Terra. Old Night Nightmares, man.
Funnily, the Screaming appears in SCP wiki. Sort of. Maybe they took it from there.
>>
>>47274418
That sounds pretty metal.
>>47274524
There's tons of SCPs that match 40k things. Tzeentch stores a lot of his stuff in there. There was one thread where it became infuriating for me and another Anon when 9(!) SCPs turned out to be incredibly Tzeentchian.
>>
>>47274552
Nine you say, huh. I'm not to keen on how Tzeenchian things are. What should I look for, beyond mere geotemporal distortion?
>>
>>47274615
Sorry, it was five actually far as I know. https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/40003198/#q40007154 Found the thread.
>>
>>47269796
> dg
> mkIII
My battle brother
>>
>>47272419
>Thunder Warriors should all be WS 5
wat?
>>
File: A Necessary Evil.png (6 MB, 1414x1980) Image search: [Google]
A Necessary Evil.png
6 MB, 1414x1980
>>47274669
>[REDACTED]
kek, thanks
>>47274925
It's the only correct answer, brother
>>47275179
We're talking about pic related, near the end. Thunder Warriors were individually better than marines, but still mortals, and prone to some other defects.
But they never went traitor, so they were indeed better than marines
>>
File: 1461952647753.gif (357 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1461952647753.gif
357 KB, 500x280
Hey /tg/ how come stores don't carry the Salamander chapter?
>>
>>47275705
>chapter
Legion. We're Legions.
>>
>>47275705
What do you mean? Any marine model can probably be a salamander if you want

and as >>47275782 said, this is 30k, you might want the 40k general
>>
File: warishell.jpg (226 KB, 800x812) Image search: [Google]
warishell.jpg
226 KB, 800x812
>>47275782
...well the Salamanders end up being chapter-sized after Istvaan V anyway
>>
>>47275824
Yeah I'm getting into W40K and I thought from the looks of Salamanders they have different armor like Chaos Marines.

>>47275845
Yeah I haven't finished reading their history so I thought the be still around.
>>
>>47275930
>Yeah I'm getting into W40K and I thought from the looks of Salamanders they have different armor like Chaos Marines
Different how?
>>
>>47275930
This is the 30k general head over to the 40k general

But if you really want spoonfeeding, all marine chapters look different, in 40k it's how you paint them more than anything.
>>
>>47272319
I'm not sure assault marines work for any legion right now.
>>
>>47276015
I mean, I was thinking "They have Jump packs so they don't need an assault transport and are as fast as vehicles. Got MTC and Rad grenades from the Reaping, Jump packs give them HoW, they're Stubborn with Morty", but the whole "costs as much as a Land Raider" price discourages me.
>>
File: gw-fluff-old-new.jpg (229 KB, 1170x774) Image search: [Google]
gw-fluff-old-new.jpg
229 KB, 1170x774
Ok, I've done some compiling and I have a theory I'd like to propose.

First, we have the old and new fluff regarding the MkV power armour. The essence of it has not changed, as far as GW's concerned. MkIV production ended, new suit designed overnight, uses MkIV plate with MkII and III components because facilities know how to make them and simpler materials, etc. etc.
>>
>>47273420
You can skip straight to white primer. Gray is ideal for finding imperfections (like mold lines) to correct - if time is an issue, and perfection is not required, use white primer (thin coat) then Army Painter yellow.
>>
File: production.jpg (181 KB, 866x1002) Image search: [Google]
production.jpg
181 KB, 866x1002
>>47276122
Second, FW's own "production" MkV, which is in line with what most people would think when talking about the MkV. Would put emphasis on there being a template on which MkVs are being made on, as there's a distinction between a "production" and "non-production" MkV.
>>
File: non-production.jpg (193 KB, 800x1079) Image search: [Google]
non-production.jpg
193 KB, 800x1079
>>47276143
Third, FW's own "non-production" MkVs. One is stated to have been made from different armour parts and later getting classified as a non-production MkV. The other is a MkV that has been fitted with non-MkV pauldrons and helmet, making it a non-production MkV. So it's clear that not all MkVs come from the factory floor, but clearly even these frankenstein suits of armour abides by a lot of the tenets that we associate with the MkV.
>>
File: not-mark-v.jpg (603 KB, 1636x1815) Image search: [Google]
not-mark-v.jpg
603 KB, 1636x1815
>>47276179
Fourth, non-MkV frankenstein armour. There's a load of HH era suits that are built with parts of various suits or modified existing suits, but which are not classified as MkV nor share anything with what FW classifies as production and non-production MkV. Making it seem like even non-production MkV has some parameters it has to fall into to classify as a MkV, not just that it's a suit of armour made from the parts of other armour.

Based on all this, I'd like to assert that:
>a) most MkV suits were built in factories to a design document with available parts knowledge
>b) suits that were built outside of this had to abide by certain criteria to fall under the "MkV" umbrella, and
>c) not all frankenstein suits of armour were simply clumped together as "MkV".

If people have additional sources to share or just want to call me a faggot, please do.
>>
>>47276206
Its ok anon, you're a cool faggot, like freddie mercury.
>>
File: Salamanders_Pyroclast.jpg (994 KB, 868x1330) Image search: [Google]
Salamanders_Pyroclast.jpg
994 KB, 868x1330
>>47275966
Vulkan Ackbar
*torches everything*
>>
File: mkv.jpg (32 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
mkv.jpg
32 KB, 600x620
>>47276143
Heeey, they fucking copy-pasted it! I mean, I know they simply edit a template marine, but this one is the exact same thing, only recolored!
>>47276179
>>47276206
We already defined what made MkV armour. Most had the iconic chestpiece, or at least one studded pauldron.
But there's a characteristic that can be seen from the pics that you've gathered here:
MkV is only MkV is it has a studded CROTCHPIECE.
That's the defining trait. Look at FW's models. They have some variations, but invariably have studded crotchs, and that turns a power armour into a MkV suit, even if all other pieces are MkIV.
>>
>>47275930
For the "minor" chapters that don't have a huge following, including the Salamanders, all you get is a few unique character figures. Other than that, you buy regular Space Marine stuff and paint it up in the color of your chosen chapter. Some chapters have kits of upgrade parts from GW, but I'm not sure Salamanders do - unless you look at the (pricier) stuff from Forge World. They have shoulder pads you can use in place of the regular ones.

But anything in the Horus Heresy section of FW's website is meant for this setting in 40k's past. And those upgrade parts are designed for the Betrayal at Calth plastic set, which comes with armor types that you can use in 40k but aren't the standard. I can't promise that using those upgrade parts with regular 40k kits will fit.

The Horus Heresy setting is even more expensive and less varied, but better balanced and with better fiction.
>>
>>47276352
Even if it's a Terminator suit, with the addition of a studded crotch it becomes MkV power armour, ends up affording a 3+ save and loses the invuln and special rules and limitations it has.
>>
>>47276352
>Looks down
Hmm, I've got some work to do.
>>
>>47276249
That's just one personalized suit of armor.
>>
File: Salamanders_Pyroclast_2.jpg (207 KB, 516x747) Image search: [Google]
Salamanders_Pyroclast_2.jpg
207 KB, 516x747
>>47276406
Yeah, but is that what they mean by "different armour"? Cases of personalized armour are more noticeable on the XVIIIth legion due to their association with the forge and stuff. I mean, all legions had personalized armour, but the Salamanders had it more.

Which isnt' the same as "most-blinged" armour, like 30k's Ultramarines or 40k's wolfmarines.
>>
>>47276476
They are the guys who are the expert crafters so of course they'll have more personalized stuff.
>>
So I'm getting two calth sets to finish off the 80+ World Eater marines for my zergchainaxe list. But at the end of it I will be left with 10 Cataphacti terminators.

What do you guys think I should do with them? At first I was thinking of just trading them off but instead I'm thinking of maybe a pride of the legion or Primarch's chosen style army. I already have a squad of Red Butchers and the idea of a "Gorewing" is starting to fascinate me.

But seeing as I am a world eater player I'm a little out of the loop in terms of how to go abut those kinds of lists, too used to throwing units in raiders and charging forward. Anyone have any ideas?
>>
Night guys. I hope I have another dream of the Emperor's smile. Funny another I've been meaning to mention I had a dream with Dorn in it. He just poofed in Instant Transmission style and had a confused look on his face. I think he tried to tell me something but poofed away.
>>
File: salbox.jpg (35 KB, 575x345) Image search: [Google]
salbox.jpg
35 KB, 575x345
They did used to sell a Salamander Tactical Squad though.

It was really just a tactical squad with a metal meltagun/multimelta thrown in though. Dark Angels had the same thing only with a plasma cannon and metal sergeant.
>>
>>47275253
>Thunder Warriors were individually better than marines
None of that implies more skilled, could easily just be stronger and tougher. 30k has enough of this WS 5 and AP 2 at initiative escalation.
>>
>>47277421
Never said they were more skilled, in fact I argued that they had +1T +1S. Given how they were able to kill several marines at once, however, I feel those changes wouldn't be enough to represent them. Maybe with more attacks or, as that anon suggested, WS5. After all, they were veterans. Dunno.
Was going to say it was the WE's own fault due to engaging them with their stupid caedere (cutting) weapons, but that was way befor Angron was discovered, so it doesn't fit.
>>
>>47277533
WS 4, BS 4, S 5, T 5, W 1 or 2, I 4 or 5, A 2, Ld 9, Sv 3+
40k doesn't scale well for these power comparisons anyway, it is a scale of 1-10 where 1 and 2 are almost never used and 6 is full primarch level. That means your S/T can be 4 or 5. Sure you could throw in extra wounds but do you really think a random thunder warrior would outmatch a gal vorbek?
>>
>>47277662
>do you really think a random thunder warrior would outmatch a gal vorbek?
Hell Ye. Fucking pansy ass mehreens, seeking power through deamonic cucking. Tankard of ale, full mag and a blade, that's all a Thunder Warrior needs!
>>
>>47277793
Boom. This thread be now Thunder.
>>
>>47272329
I like it!
>>
>>47272532
>>47272680
>>47272618
Fucking BRavens man...
>>
>>47273469
By the Emperor, kek
>>
via Ishagu on Bolter and Chainsword
Chapter Name: Ultramarines
A new HH box, similar to BAC:

-Forge Lord
-Assault Marines
-Breachers
-Tartaros Terminators
-Deredeo Dread (this surprised me!)

-Plastic Warhound Titan - in the works. (wow!)
>>
how do I paint blood angels?
>>
>>47278433
>Breachers
PLASTIC MKIII?
>>
>>47275253
Can I make a Warhound army? Or is that lame? Also, could I use later marks of armor or does that break fluff?
>>
File: war_hound_by_terraluna5-d7y5t32.jpg (433 KB, 1280x1560) Image search: [Google]
war_hound_by_terraluna5-d7y5t32.jpg
433 KB, 1280x1560
>>47278493
Very likely, breachers have always been in mkIII.

>>47278502
War hounds are pretty cool, you also have to paint a lot less white too! Fluff wise they should only be in mkII & III.
>>
File: CWV18jKWwAAqQi5.jpg (55 KB, 581x600) Image search: [Google]
CWV18jKWwAAqQi5.jpg
55 KB, 581x600
>>47277091

Here is my shot at this my fellow WE bro,
Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

HQ: Praetor in Cataphacti Terminator armor, Grenade Harness, Paragon blade, Combi Melta 172pts

Troops: 5 Man Terminator Squad, 1 Reaper Autocannon, 4 Vokalite Chargers, 2 PowerFist, 2 Lightning Claw, Power Axe on leader 243pts

Troops: 5 Man Terminator Squad, 1 Reaper Autocannon, 4 Vokalite Chargers, 2 PowerFist, 2 Lightning Claw, Power Axe on leader 243pts

Troops : Red Butchers, Devourer with chainfist 280pts

Heavy: Spartan Assault Tank: Armored Ceramite, Dozer Blade 320pts

Heavy: Predator with Lascannon sponsons, Hunter Killer Missile 120pts

Heavy: Predator with Lascannon sponsons, Hunter Killer Missile 120pts

That gives you the following:
8 Lascannon shots
2 Melta shots
8 Autocannon shots
Good dakka on the terminator squads incase anything gets close
4 solid combat units
3 tanks
23 2+ saves
3 scoring units
Really nice model synergy and look, should be fun to model and such. If you already have a hard core WE list this could be a fun addition to your collection. Simply use your ranged fire to break transports and things that could harm your butchers, then just throw them down the enemies throat.

Good luck!

Total:1500
>>
>>47278533
>Fluff wise they should only be in mkII & III.
Endryd Haar, one of the first batches of XII legion, wears mk.V.
>>
>>47278433
>>47278493
This makes me rock hard. I started with Betrayal at Calth with Imperial Fists, but I've only been building Veteran Tactical squads in the hopes of some day being able to run the RoW with plastic breachers. goddamn.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 98

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.